PDA

View Full Version : OTO Bike

Biscuit
03-23-2008, 03:35 AM
Hi all,
Just thought I would post a few Pics of my new OTO Bike.

toyranosaur
03-23-2008, 06:18 AM
EGAD!! That's nifty! :nice: Dual disc brakes? Direct steer? That 1st picture is bad: I wouldn't put the body on when you're displaying it. Perhaps I'm thick, but when you say 'Oto' bike, is that the brand or? Damn nice Biscuit, and Welcome, by the way! Chris

Biscuit
03-23-2008, 11:46 AM
Chris, The bikes are made buy a guy in Tiawan (Irving) a real nice guy, he runs a place called the OTO bike studio, hence the name of the bike. It comes pre built with brushless motor and esc which works very well, you have to buy your own servos and rx and 2cell lipo battery, price of the bike £325 worth every penny, fantastic performance very powerfull m/c runs so smooth, one of my favouite models, and I got a few :chug:
Biscuit

4u2nv
03-23-2008, 11:50 AM
Your bike is beautiful... A work of art. :nice:

Tamiya Runner
03-23-2008, 01:52 PM
Shiney :drool:

Biscuit
03-23-2008, 05:28 PM
Shiney :drool:

Hmm,:thinking:

flattyre
03-25-2008, 05:15 AM
Very nice.

cherokee95
03-26-2008, 12:54 PM
That is sweet! is there as US distributor, how much do they cost ?

Biscuit
03-26-2008, 05:47 PM
Have a look at Irvings site, you will find all you need to know.
http://yungher.myweb.hinet.net/oto3.htm

scattman
03-26-2008, 09:00 PM
I have a TT electric and am a member over on R/C Groups. I have been drooling over pics of the OTO bike over there. Very nice indeed.:nice:

Biscuit
03-29-2008, 06:33 PM
I have a TT electric and am a member over on R/C Groups. I have been drooling over pics of the OTO bike over there. Very nice indeed.:nice:
Yep the best bike out there!! ( and I have got them all)

Kmot
03-29-2008, 10:24 PM
1/8 scale like a HOR? Wow!

Biscuit
03-30-2008, 02:47 PM
1/8 scale like a HOR? Wow!

Believe me this is nothing like a HOR, it never breaks, handles like its on rails, smooth and fast, with mega brakes, as I said before this has got to be the best bike out there.:)

toyranosaur
03-31-2008, 05:42 AM
Why didn't you say these were 1/8 in your post? Now I'm, like, very impressed & stuff! :banana::nice: I thought, naturally from the pics, that they were 1/5: DAMN YOU BISCUIT!! Now I'm gonna have to try & get one!! Just what I need :lol: I couldn't help wondering if the tyres would fit the HOR of course! Thanks for the link! Chris

Biscuit
03-31-2008, 01:40 PM
Why didn't you say these were 1/8 in your post? Now I'm, like, very impressed & stuff! :banana::nice: I thought, naturally from the pics, that they were 1/5: DAMN YOU BISCUIT!! Now I'm gonna have to try & get one!! Just what I need :lol: I couldn't help wondering if the tyres would fit the HOR of course! Thanks for the link! Chris

Yeah sorry guys, just thought you all new this was an 1/8 thats why its such a little jewel, and yes the tires will fit the Hor, real soft sticky rubber!:banana:

createacrawler
04-01-2008, 09:19 AM
That is a beautiful pile of machined goodness right there.:nice: Hat's off to OTO and the lucky owner. Welcome:nice:

toyranosaur
04-01-2008, 11:46 AM
I contacted Irving, and found out that these are $700 including shipping to the States. :bomb: Yowtch! But, I'm just sad that I can't get one next Thursday :cryin: I do not feel that they are overpriced. All the machine work appears to be 102%, and they come with a brushless & ESC. (I'd use a Kyosho rider, though: The one from OTO looks like a hunchback with dysentery :lol:) Chris

Biscuit
04-01-2008, 02:46 PM
I contacted Irving, and found out that these are $700 including shipping to the States. :bomb: Yowtch! But, I'm just sad that I can't get one next Thursday :cryin: I do not feel that they are overpriced. All the machine work appears to be 102%, and they come with a brushless & ESC. (I'd use a Kyosho rider, though: The one from OTO looks like a hunchback with dysentery :lol:) Chris

Im not so sure, think the hard plastic Kyosho rider will fall to bits, I think the OTO rider looks good, what you got to remember this is a real racing bike not a toy, if you look at my Nuova Faor rider I think you will agree that its :puke: but it does the job and has taken a lot of big crashes and comes back for more. The OTO bike looks good with the body work on, if you want a bike just to look at buy the Hor, but if you want a bike to use that is fast and does not break after the first big crash, (and you will have a few :)) buy the OTO :chug: