PDA

View Full Version : What radios can handle more than 1 RC?

Crawler374
08-05-2008, 10:05 PM
I'm getting into the 2.4gz radios, and I've heard that the DX3R can hold up to 30 different RC's. I think that spektrum is a little high for my price range, so i was asking if anyone else knows of another radio that can handle atleast 10 differnt RC settings?

Thanks alot guys!
:chug:

pantablo
08-05-2008, 10:59 PM
my Futaba 3PM does 10 rigs and is 2.4gz synthesized (spektrum style)...I use it for my rover and ford crew cab at the moment but will be getting another receiver for my gwag...er, LWB Brat.

edit-$180 radio + 1 receiver, additional receivers $80

Wayne S
08-06-2008, 12:21 AM
I'm getting into the 2.4gz radios, and I've heard that the DX3R can hold up to 30 different RC's. I think that spektrum is a little high for my price range, so i was asking if anyone else knows of another radio that can handle atleast 10 differnt RC settings?

Thanks alot guys!
:chug:

2.4Ghz you can use an Air radio for surface. There is no land and air channels like Am/Fm. 2.4Ghz is 2.4Ghz

A DX6I is on my need list. What Spektrum told me is, you have to use a air RX if using an Air Tx. Which is no big deal since 6 channel Air Receivers are same price or lower then the 3 channel. DX6I should be 180$ or lower.

No1_sonuk
08-06-2008, 06:34 AM
The only reason I can think of for making "air" or "surface" versions of 2.4GHz equipment would be to put extra error-handling in the data processing system of the "air" variants.

chaman
08-06-2008, 07:53 AM
I have an Airtronics Mx3 Fm radio that can hold up to 5 RC (more than enough to me). I use the Novak receiver that uses no crystals. Just get one of those recevers into each rig and thats all.

On the Bay you can get the radio for as low as 50 (used) and each receiver from 40 to 50....Usually driving a crawler or a scaler you stay close to the rig. I just cant justify spending that much dough in one system alone.