PDA

View Full Version : thunder tiger ducati 999r

Scoobysnacks
04-11-2009, 09:39 AM
Hey i just wanted to know if anyone could help? i have a tt ducati 999r and its been sitting for a year and i thought its time to take it out for a ride. it has the traxxas VXL motor and ESC, 7 cell batt. the only problem is that it wont stay up, its like its off balance. what can i do to fix this. any help? thanks

toyranosaur
04-12-2009, 08:36 AM
'Ruh-Ro!' (Since you're 'Scoobysnacks', I thought that appropriate ;)) Hmm, not enough info: I am not familiar with the Duck, but all R/C bikes work on pretty much the same principals. Check these things: Front end all tight, but able to move freely. Center of gravity basically the same as stock. Everything is symmetrical, i.e. servo throw even both sides, wheels straight, etc. If they use a double-spring setup on either side of the servo horn, loosen those up a bit so the steering can 'find' its own center. Horn 90 degrees to the steering rod. One of these almost has to be it! Let us know how it works out mate, and Welcome to the forum! You might also check RCGroup's bike section, it's huge and has lots of good info. Chris

LondonF350
04-12-2009, 05:17 PM
Asuming it has been sitting on a scale paddock stand (like my scale bikes) - if the front wheel has been resting on the floor/shelf/whatever for a year, it most probably has as almighty flat spot on the tyre! That won't help it run well! :confused:
Pics might help. :nice:

Scoobysnacks
04-13-2009, 09:12 AM
Hey thanks guys, i will look at all of those things and let you know how it turns out>

boatman
04-14-2009, 11:41 PM
Well dont feel bad i got the nitro version & have
never run it
Its sitting in a 1/4 scale boat that hasnt been ran yet either

Wow i got to many toys lol:burnout:

THE_JOKER
04-16-2009, 05:52 AM
Was gonna buy one of these a while back just as a shelf model lol