PDA

View Full Version : between me an rangerboy - OFFICIAL THREAD MISSION STATEMENT POST #253

Pages : 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 [13] 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 51 52 53 54 55 56 57 58 59 60 61 62 63 64 65 66 67 68 69 70 71 72 73 74 75 76 77 78 79 80 81 82

The Stray Cat
04-13-2010, 02:30 PM
Wll in the past to get the info out in a more broad member area, people have used this Misc section. Seems to work and be good as long as it is legite and not just immature stupidity, like this clodcrawler thread was. LOL!

Waterboy
04-13-2010, 08:43 PM
Ahh i love this thread, its such a good place:)

THE_JOKER
04-14-2010, 05:17 AM
Nearly bought that Batman game for the PS3 today, then i thought, why fund my enemies??

Kidding, looks tempting, anyways...

All done with the DIY Rock??

The Stray Cat
04-14-2010, 06:17 AM
Not yet still have a few rooms left to paint and put new trim in, but done with the big stuff except for a new window above my kitchen sink!

How you doin Joker?

THE_JOKER
04-14-2010, 06:27 AM
I'm good thanks mate, might actually do a bit of DIY myself, in the form of some shelving, what happened to this window?

EDIT: Yeah sod it, im off for some DIY stuff :lol: :chug:

The Stray Cat
04-14-2010, 06:36 AM
I'm good thanks mate, might actually do a bit of DIY myself, in the form of some shelving, what happened to this window?

EDIT: Yeah sod it, im off for some DIY stuff :lol: :chug:

Had an ice build up this past winter and water ran down along the frame, it could be saved but the Mrs. wants a bigger window anyway so while I have the drywall torn off around it I might as well replace it!

Oggy
04-14-2010, 06:46 AM
you guys are making me jelous, i can't even put up a shelf:crazy:

The Stray Cat
04-14-2010, 08:11 AM
I love building stuff, hate it that the wife wants me to build constantly but it keeps her happy and keeps me busy and out of trouble LOL!

Ragnarok
04-14-2010, 09:49 AM
I FOUNDS MAH TRUKKIT!!!

2009 Ford F-150 STX Flareside…SEXAY BLUE!!!…only 16k+ miles, 4WD, 4.6L V8 (http://www.cars.com/go/search/detail.jsp?tracktype=usedcc&csDlId=&csDgId=&listingId=35910565&listingRecNum=20&criteria=sf1Dir%3DDESC%26prMn%3D0%26mkId%3D20015%2 6stkTyp%3DU%26mdId%3D21095%26rd%3D100%26crSrtFlds% 3DstkTypId-feedSegId-mkId-mdId-pseudoPrice%26zc%3D99508%26rn%3D0%26PMmt%3D1-1-0%26stkTypId%3D28881%26sf2Dir%3DASC%26sf1Nm%3Dpric e%26sf2Nm%3Dmiles%26rpp%3D50%26feedSegId%3D28705&aff=anchnews)

…$24k :cryin:

Enough to make me forget that awesome 1979 Bronco I saw for sale last summer. (I should also note that I prefer the front end of the 2008 model, but still…)

The Stray Cat
04-14-2010, 09:55 AM
Nice Truck Rag too bad its a Ford! :D

How's things going for ya bud?

Ragnarok
04-14-2010, 10:03 AM
Thanks to the events of 2009 I've become a rock-ribbed Ford Convert. I believe that nationalizing ANYTHING in the private sector is a threat to the foundation of America. The only one of the Three that didn't cave to the Baylonian.

Diet's not going well at all. I'm back up to 347.2lbs as of this morning. The past week has been very difficult. I'm hoping to stop the plateauing and slow stairstepping back up this week, but since I'm not sure what's causing it I'm at a loss as to how I'm going to do it. There hasn't been any cheating on my part, but something's not right.

But hammer down, I ain't throwing in the towel. This is my last chance. If I want to live my life to the fullest, to realize my dreams and find my purpose in life, acquire the tools I need, be able to afford a vehicle like the one I just posted, even find a suitable mate…I gotta see this through.

The Stray Cat
04-14-2010, 10:08 AM
Well it happens in steps so push through and then you'll overcome this plateu and then another will arise down the line. It's really a matter of mind over your matter!

Spoon37
04-14-2010, 10:24 AM
Nice truck :drool:

keep going on the diet! if nothing else you have a series of bacon obsessed cheerleaders on this board to encourage you! :Happybounce:

:banana:

Ragnarok
04-14-2010, 10:28 AM
Yeah…but…aren't they male cheerleaders? :blink:

The Stray Cat
04-14-2010, 10:30 AM
Yeah…but…aren't they male cheerleaders? :blink:

He never said anything about their looks or the motivation you will get from them just mainly, or Manly bacon obsessed.:D

Ragnarok
04-14-2010, 10:39 AM
And that's…okay. :lol:

Seriously though, guys, I appreciate all of the encouragement. I've been really down these past two weeks, and I've learned to use discouragement as motivation. Specifically motivation to keep going on this diet. If I want to get away from the suffering I have to keep going, keep moving and never give in. Adversity is a constant in life, merely changing in form and quantity. My trouble is facing adversity without fear, or facing what is simply the threat of adversity not yet manifested (but I instinctively sense) without fear.

The Stray Cat
04-14-2010, 10:42 AM
You are welcome Rag, Matbe you should deactivate your Spider sense that way you don't know about the fear until it hits you. I am always better at being re-active as opposed to pro-active!;)

Waterboy
04-14-2010, 10:51 AM
Way to go Rag! Your doing great buddy!:nice:

Ragnarok
04-14-2010, 11:08 AM
Thanks. :nice:

Oh, I have also been working on something I'm calling The Ark. It's a different approach to how I want to organize my music-making stuff, family history, software, and electronics. Since I have very little of what I need (gotta still get my main 'board, modify my current computer, etc.) I can do this kind of thing without respending money. :lol:

What it amounts to is a rolling shock-mount rack case with additional storage in the form of a large drawer, a rear compartment to contain my main controller/keyboard, and an articulating arm for my LCD that folds up and gets covered over. It would allow me to stow my rig in one case and be mobile with it in less than 5 minutes. It's of part of my overall emergency preparedness regimen I've been working on. With earthquakes (Alaska could export them we have so many), volcanoes, and forest fires prominent and soon to come with more frequency and amplitude I'd like to be able to preserve what I can in case I need to make a quick getaway. This is partly why I'd like a good truck. :nice: An SUV might be more practical, perhaps. I'd be looking at a 2002-2007 Expedition if that would be the case.

When I think I have it mostly sorted/worked out I'll maybe post a sketch.

Ragnarok
04-14-2010, 11:19 AM
BTW, Joker, Batman: Arkham Asylum kicks serious batbutt. It's one I'd like to add to my collection at some point. If it's marked down a bit, jump on that like Bill Clinton on a pizza-toting White House intern!

Waterboy
04-14-2010, 11:40 AM
what language is Baron Von Vaderham rag?

The Stray Cat
04-14-2010, 11:48 AM

It's a combination of Old English and tatooinese.:D

Waterboy
04-14-2010, 11:56 AM
I thought it was Na'vi language...:crazy:

jake10684
04-14-2010, 12:03 PM
An SUV might be more practical, perhaps. I'd be looking at a 2002-2007 Expedition if that would be the case.

I have a 2000 4x4 i might be looking to get rid of soon. >.>

Ragnarok
04-14-2010, 12:25 PM

"Von" would suggest German or Austrian, meaning "of" or "from," whereas the "-ham" suffix would suggest something of English origin. HOWEVER, it came from a particular Eddie Izzard standup routine that I found rather funny. Lots of f-words, unfortunately. :( Kinda undermines the whole thing. I won't post it here. Go to YouTube and search "Eddie Izzard Star Wars Canteen." Click on the Lego stop-motion reenactment from user "Thorn2200." :lol:

I have a 2000 4x4 i might be looking to get rid of soon. >.>

I appreciate that, but I'm certainly not ready to buy. Besides, a Texas-to-Alaska haul to get it up here would be expensive for everyone. :blink:

THE_JOKER
04-14-2010, 12:33 PM
BTW, Joker, Batman: Arkham Asylum kicks serious batbutt. It's one I'd like to add to my collection at some point. If it's marked down a bit, jump on that like Bill Clinton on a pizza-toting White House intern!

I have a dirty secret to confess, upon picking up 3 shelves an a tin of gloss, i somehow found myself in a store purchasing a copy of the batman game.

Just about to give it a try :chug:

BTW your doing well Rag!! keep your mind occupied bud :chug:

Ragnarok
04-14-2010, 12:36 PM
:huh:

You is a bad man. :nono:

:lol:

Waterboy
04-14-2010, 12:47 PM
Rag your in Alaska? Where at?

Ragnarok
04-14-2010, 12:51 PM
http://hvx-rc.com/forumstuff/emo/emo-see.gif http://www.scale4x4rc.org/forums/showpost.php?p=526837&postcount=370

http://hvx-rc.com/forumstuff/emo/emo-snacks.gif

Ragnarok
04-14-2010, 01:09 PM
BTW, we're still getting a lot of snow. Most of it melted off over the last two weeks, but the valley got another two+ inches just this morning, and Los Anchorage got about 6.

Here's a crappy pic from about 7:30 this morning from my bedroom window via my celphone.

The Stray Cat
04-14-2010, 01:14 PM
Rag I found some help for you in your computer endeavor!

http://i663.photobucket.com/albums/uu359/elkozak73/1845.jpg

Ragnarok
04-14-2010, 01:22 PM
RAM is escalating in price, so that cat's gonna get more 'spensive, too. :rant:

The Stray Cat
04-14-2010, 01:23 PM
But he shore is cute, NO?

http://i663.photobucket.com/albums/uu359/elkozak73/4361.jpg

Ragnarok
04-14-2010, 01:28 PM
The 6GB of Corsair XMS3 DDR3-1600 CAS9 memory I have in my Hackintosh cost me $169 in December of last year. That same memory now costs $20 more. I want to eventually replace it with CAS7 memory, and up that to 12GB of memory…but holy crap, that's going to be pricey. $219 per 6GB kit from Amazon.

EDIT: NewEgg's price is a little nicer…$200/6GB. Hmm. Am I feeling upgradey? :thinking: Almost rather get that new CPU first. :confused:

Waterboy
04-14-2010, 03:06 PM
Hahahahahah their so cute!!:rolling:

Lee
04-14-2010, 03:19 PM
just been down to the sailing club for the first time this year, well annoyed :mad: turns out 3 weeks ago, some 'undesirables' ill put it as this is a family forum, got in, ran to the next lake, pinched a sledge hammer from the jetski club, made their way back to our club, pinched a big heavy rowing boat, made there way onto the race control island and proceeded to demolish the race control hut:mad: they got back onto the shore, attempted to set fire to an aluminium rowing boat, then took 4 of our brand new club boats bought for the kids to learn in, and theyve only found one :mad:
makes me really angry, why the HELL would someone do that? that hut will cost alot to replace, its a hexagonal shape with windows in each side and they completly leveled it.
the club has had a long history of break ins, the owner of my boat says some of these 'undesirables' got in and nicked the top section off of my mast, and used it to prize something open, bending my mast. obviously it has been replaced and all the boats on the park are insured but it really does make me want to go round to their houses and knock them down, see how they like it:mad:
sorry for the rant... i actually had quite a nice evening, was a decent bit of wind so it got quite exciting :nice:

edit- they got these kids by the way. theyre the same ones that dropped rubbish on train tracks nearby causing god knows how much damage to the trains :mad:
the little buggers wont admit but they have proof it is them :mad:

Waterboy
04-14-2010, 03:26 PM
Man that reallllllllllyyyyyyy stinks, makes me mad too:mad::( where was this place?

Lee
04-14-2010, 03:37 PM
kingsbury water park. its a park... with lots of lakes. our lake is shared with a power boat club, they have it one day we have it the next. is a nice place, and quiet usually except from when the jetski's arent going:lol:

Oggy
04-14-2010, 03:59 PM
why do people go round smashing stuff up? what do they get from it?

i hope karma catches then up real soon

Waterboy
04-14-2010, 05:19 PM
I dont know, my guess is they dont have anything better to do, are sycopaths, have anger managements problems, or are just stupid.

Ragnarok
04-14-2010, 07:03 PM
They're selfish, angry and hateful monsters. Their lifestyle will eventually destroy them. 99% will never change because they don't want to and they see no incentive or motivation to right their wrongs…or to choose right in the first place and never engage in such violence. Forged in the crucibles of ruined families and devastated sprits, weak-minded and saturated with cowardice and hate, they'll implode, joyfully choosing violence and misery over a challenging-yet-full life, rewarding and complete. Hope that they take as many of their ilk with them when it happens. It'll either be law enforcement or one of their own to do it, and then someone will have to scrape up what's left of them off the pavement and slough off their lifeless wreckage in a dumpster.

Sadly, everyone's better off without them as all are so far gone that no mortal hand can redeem them and change their hearts to do any better.

Ragnarok
04-14-2010, 07:26 PM
Not to yank things away from analysis of social miscreants, but here's another pic of the back yard taken just a couple of minutes ago. Started snowing again about 15 minutes ago. Can't see in the pic (danged celphone! - I'm patiently waiting for my real camera to get home), but the flakes are the size of quarters.

Bullitt
04-14-2010, 08:13 PM
I sent my phone through the wash tonight with my jacket. Damn.

Harry

The Stray Cat
04-14-2010, 08:15 PM
Sweet snow! and I can see the otline of a sasquatch in the trees also

The Stray Cat
04-14-2010, 08:16 PM

Harry

Not sure Harry but I don't think that is how you clean them, I could be wrong though:crazy:

Waterboy
04-14-2010, 08:31 PM
Do you live in 'laska Rag?

The Stray Cat
04-14-2010, 08:34 PM

Yes he does, he's neighbors with the Palins!;)

Bullitt
04-14-2010, 08:50 PM
It was either that or the toilet.:huh:

Harry

The Stray Cat
04-14-2010, 09:02 PM
How are things down in Big Beautiful Texas Harry? Going good up here. Do any more work on the Yota?

Ragnarok
04-14-2010, 09:10 PM

Dude! You did see my response vis-a-vis a link earlier, right? :p

Sweet snow! and I can see the otline of a sasquatch in the trees also
The only thing resembling bigfoot in my neighborhood is me. :/ I'd call myself a Tundra Wookee, but that's a term I reserve for the often-unfortunately unattractive women I see around here. There are still plenty of nice-looking ones though. The semi-scary thing is the average height here in the Valley has jumped incredibly. I go into a Fred Meyers and I'm often barely taller or quite a bit shorter than many of the female shoppers in there. I see 6'-plus women in there all the time. I'm only 6'2", so it's a little…unsettling. :blink:

Harry

It was either that or the toilet.:huh:

Harry

I've only had my phone less than four months, and I've managed to avoid anything catastrophic. I'm always fearful of smashing it between me and a big tool (shaper, table saw, etc.) or a cabinet as I move it. I've butt-dialed people only a couple of times, so all in all my luck hasn't been too bad.

The Stray Cat
04-14-2010, 09:13 PM
I don't thin waterboy goes back more than the last post Rag, so no he probably forgot he even asked ya before!

Waterboy
04-14-2010, 09:21 PM
wait where was it?

Ragnarok
04-14-2010, 09:35 PM
http://www.scale4x4rc.org/forums/attachment.php?attachmentid=59939&d=1270004837

http://hvx-rc.com/forumstuff/emo/emo-see.gif http://www.scale4x4rc.org/forums/showpost.php?p=526837&postcount=370

http://hvx-rc.com/forumstuff/emo/emo-snacks.gif

:wave:

jake10684
04-14-2010, 09:38 PM
Back on the topic of people that have no respect for things that don't belong to them for a moment...

I wasn't allowed to talk about this sooner due to reasons I'm sure people can understand, but I got a phonecall Monday morning from a guy I work with that went something like

"hey, do you have your laptop with you?"
No, it's up at the office.
"ok, that's what I was afraid of... *shouts to someone else* no his got stolen too"
Wait, what? Stolen?
"yeah, apparently someone broke in and stole everyone's computers...you should come up and see if any of your personal stuff was taken"

So I head up to the office to check the damage, expecting to see our main glass entry door smashed and the whole office cleaned out. I get there and everything looks just like it did, aside from every laptop in the building had been stolen, along with a few small personal items.

We spent the morning filing police reports and whatnot and then I headed back home to work from the house seeing as I had no computer.

I went back up today for a meeting and in the before-meeting chit-chat, I found out that the thief returned again Monday night and stole a couple of HDTVs we had mounted on the walls and a couple of desktop computers.

And he came back AGAIN on Tuesday night! But the cops were waiting on him this time and watched him use a key to enter a side door. Very suspicious. So they watched him a little while as he loaded a few more computers into his car. When they approached him, he jumped into his vehicle and a high-speed car chase took place and ended with the crook crashing his car and taking off on foot.

As far as I know, they still don't have the guy and I'm still not allowed to say anything beyond what I already have.

Sure sucks though. Makes me mad, too.

Waterboy
04-14-2010, 09:51 PM
Man that stinks, atleast you dont have to pay for the tvs!!:lol:

And Rag, what tow do you live in? I traveled through Talkeetna and ate at the Roadhouse, went to the river there and saw bunch of pink Salmon:rant: There everywhere!!!

Ragnarok
04-14-2010, 10:32 PM
Jake - sounds like maybe a former employee. You probably couldn't talk about that stuff because of an on-going investigation. Law enforcement can be funny about that kind of thing. The Po-Pos should have blockaded the guy before he was able to book it.

WB - I'm just outside the city limits of Wasilla. Talkeetna's about fifty miles north of my Batcave. Currently doing a kitchen near the Talkeetna turnoff. We have to wait for the ground to quit thawing before we can complete it. The house is actually a large livingspace over a hangar, and getting there requires driving on a dirty runway that's only negotiable in the cold of winter or dry, warm days. As the frost goes out of the mud the airstrip becomes an axle eater and transmission killer, so we're trying to get other stuff done and line up more work until we go back up in mid-May.

Pinks are pretty low on the "What kind of fish do I want to eat" list. If there's nothing else, then bring it on. Kings and reds are the best. I've eaten silvers that were really good, too. And they are everywhere. You try to catch reds, you get pinks. You try to catch silvers or kings, you get pinks. They're very successful in a biological sense.

Ragnarok
04-14-2010, 10:53 PM
Off to bed. Tired admin is tired. http://hvx-rc.com/forumstuff/emo/emo-cowsleep.gif

sk8te-penguin
04-15-2010, 01:59 AM
THIS DOG IS BROKEN!!!!!!!

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=cqLO4CmcTZA&feature=related

:rolling:

Bullitt
04-15-2010, 05:36 AM
How are things down in Big Beautiful Texas Harry? Going good up here. Do any more work on the Yota?

Things are going well down here. We are getting much needed rain. Work is very busy and the family is great. Other than washing my phone last night, things are going really well. I made a bed out of aluminum Monday night and something just did not look just right. I decided to take the Yota for a little run and after rolling the Yota off a curb and scuffing the cab, I decided that she can't look pretty forever. The bed was off BTW. I took a piece of styrene and cut out a shape and mounted it to the aluminum angle and I liked the looks a lot better, dare I say truggy. I know I said I did not want to do it, but it fits the Yota well. I am going to try to cut the fenders today and then I will post some pics.

Hope all is going well this morning. Rag, you get any spy shots of sexy Mrs. Palin?

Harry

Ragnarok
04-15-2010, 08:39 AM
She's been out of state for most of the year. :p I'm not the kind of guy that goes around stalking people anyway.

EDIT: I feel sorry for that poor dog. :( It has an acute nervous disorder that its owners probably refuse to take seriously and instead ridicule it.

Bullitt
04-15-2010, 08:48 AM
I spoke too soon. My middle child is sick so I am taking half a day off to watch over him. while he is sleeping, I got to take these. Here are some pictures.

The original plan did not turn out like I had hoped. This is what I wanted it to look like, but not as cool as I hoped.
http://i88.photobucket.com/albums/k164/harrybullitt/Hilux/DSC01974.jpg
http://i88.photobucket.com/albums/k164/harrybullitt/Hilux/DSC01975.jpg

The new bed style will be as such.
http://i88.photobucket.com/albums/k164/harrybullitt/Hilux/DSC01976.jpg

I am going to use 3 layers of .03 styrene to make my fenders because I have nothing thicker on hand. The fenders will be covered in diamond plate and bolted to the aluminum angle. I will make a tool box to do two things.
1) cover the battery
2) cover the back of the cab so I do not need to fill the hole under the window.
I will also make a panel that will fasten to lower portion of the fenders so the bottom part of the cab will be covered.
The cab is now secured by all of the screws at on the bottom of the cab. If I want to put the pickup bed on the Hilux, all I will have to do is remove the fenders and toolbox and the pickup bed will slide back in place perfectly without having to remove the aluminum rails. :nice:

Harry

The Stray Cat
04-15-2010, 09:15 AM
You know Harry the only thing "wrong" with the first bed is the front needed to be angled as well as the back. Anyway the new one is looking good too!

Waterboy
04-15-2010, 09:37 AM
Uaaagggghhhh i messed up painting my Landcruiser body, now theres a 1in. by 1in. smudge on the passengers' side door.....:banghead::rant: Ill get pics of it up soon<_<

jake10684
04-15-2010, 09:44 AM
Jake - sounds like maybe a former employee. You probably couldn't talk about that stuff because of an on-going investigation. Law enforcement can be funny about that kind of thing. The Po-Pos should have blockaded the guy before he was able to book it.

That's precisely why I'm not allowed to talk about it any further. Criminals are dumber than a sack of hammers to begin with, but this one does have a pile of computers. So if he were to magically find his way here and see my comments, he could figure out what's going on if I told ya'll everything they've told us.

And I can't say much on this issue, but they're pretty sure it's not a former employee.

Hopefully things will be resolved soon and I can finish the story. lol

Bullitt
04-15-2010, 10:48 AM
You know Harry the only thing "wrong" with the first bed is the front needed to be angled as well as the back. Anyway the new one is looking good too!

Actually, that is what I wanted it to look like. I do like the 2nd one a lot more.

Harry

spankrjs
04-15-2010, 11:07 AM
I decided to take the Yota for a little run and after rolling the Yota off a curb and scuffing the cab, I decided that she can't look pretty forever.

Harry

Now you can have fun with it;):D:banana:

Waterboy
04-15-2010, 11:32 AM
I decided to take the Yota for a little run and after rolling the Yota off a curb and scuffing the cab, I decided that she can't look pretty forever.

Harry

Actually, that is what I wanted it to look like. I do like the 2nd one a lot more.

Harry

I find it wierd how you both put Harry at the bottom of all your posts... its like your the same person:huh:

Andrew

THE_JOKER
04-15-2010, 11:42 AM
I find it wierd how you both put Harry at the bottom of all your posts... its like your the same person:huh:

Andrew

I find it weird, how you find it weird, that there's more than one Harry in this world...

sk8te-penguin
04-15-2010, 11:52 AM
I find it wierd that you keep using the word wierd XD

Waterboy
04-15-2010, 11:52 AM
I find it wierd, how you think thats wierd, that your another Joker, when the real Joker (Heath Ledger) died a year ago.

Oggy
04-15-2010, 12:07 PM
there's only 1 joker, and he's on this site, heath ledger only borrowed the name

Bullitt
04-15-2010, 12:14 PM
there's only 1 joker, and he's on this site, heath ledger only borrowed the name

:rofl:

Harry

The Stray Cat
04-15-2010, 12:14 PM
ANd there is only one HArry, Spank was quoting him improperly! So really this whole mess stems from WB's illiteracy troubles he has!:lolbeat: Like him asking Rag twice if he was from Alaska, even though had already told him! Kids these days jheesh!

Bullitt
04-15-2010, 12:18 PM

Andrew

WTF have you been drinking? I do not understand one iota from that sentence.

Harry

Now you can have fun with it;):D:banana:

Raymond- I did not have the heart to tell you just yet. When she tipped over, all I heard was the sound of Tamiya plastic scrapping asphalt. I nearly cried. The bed however still does not have a scratch on it. I am enjoying this beast tremendously. Thanks again Raymond.

Harry

Bullitt
04-15-2010, 12:20 PM
ANd there is only one HArry, Spank was quoting him improperly! So really this whole mess stems from WB's illiteracy troubles he has!:lolbeat: Like him asking Rag twice if he was from Alaska, even though had already told him! Kids these days jheesh!

AHHHHHHH! Now I get it. Sorry WB, I don't speak Waterboy. All is good. Thanks for the clarification Ed.

Harry

The Stray Cat
04-15-2010, 12:36 PM
WB is a good kid, but he might need to hire a post translator for the rest of us!:p

Oggy
04-15-2010, 12:43 PM
WB is a good kid, but he might need to hire a post translator for the rest of us!:p

:lolbeat::lolbeat::rolling::rolling::rolling::roll ing::rolling::rolling:

spankrjs
04-15-2010, 01:16 PM
Hello:nice:

My name is Waterboy and I have ADD

Raymond

No problem Harry, glad you are enjoying it:nice:

Harry

:thinking::crazy:^_^:huh::huh:

The Stray Cat
04-15-2010, 01:21 PM
Hey Raymond, I have ADD how dare you compare me to WB!:p J/K!

spankrjs
04-15-2010, 01:57 PM
I'm not Raymond, I'm WB

Harry

:excited::lol::huh:^_^

Oggy
04-15-2010, 01:59 PM
ok now this thread is just confusing me :blink::blink::blink::blink:

sk8te-penguin
04-15-2010, 02:02 PM
You mean you understood it at one point? :blink:

Bullitt
04-15-2010, 02:26 PM
Oh, by the way. I still plan on building the YJ-8, but I need to get a new phone first. That is why I am truggy-ing out the Hilux.

Raymond

Oggy
04-15-2010, 02:32 PM
You mean you understood it at one point? :blink:

i think i did, but maybe i didn't, maybe i now understand , maybe i don't, maybe i will, maybe i wont

maybe my head will explode:blink::blink::blink::blink:

Waterboy
04-15-2010, 02:52 PM
You guys hurt my feelings:(

Im homeschooled and i have a learning disability

oh and dont even start to blame it on my mom.

sk8te-penguin
04-15-2010, 02:52 PM
I understand very clearly.. I uderstand that you don't understand :lol:

The Stray Cat
04-15-2010, 03:02 PM

Oh quit cryin WB we just busting on ya, we all like ya that's why we do it! Besides I really do have ADD so I can make fun of it.

Ragnarok

Waterboy
04-15-2010, 03:04 PM
Hellloooooo, Ed, im quoting the "The importance of spelling. Read and learn, kids." Thread in the help wanted section:lol: Im asuming you read that...^_^

RockEd Out

The Stray Cat
04-15-2010, 03:06 PM
Hellloooooo, Ed, im quoting the "The importance of spelling. Read and learn, kids." Thread in the help wanted section:lol: Im asuming you read that...^_^

RockEd Out

Oh yes I forgot about that thread! Very good fun stuff to read!

Spoon

Ragnarok
04-15-2010, 03:10 PM

None of us dislike you or think of you as stupid. I think that the razzing got a little too exuberant.

Homeschooling is something that shows a lot of parental responsibility and dedication, a quality this world needs more of. I wouldn't blame anyone, but would rather congratulate your folks for doing something that the public school systems can't or (more likely) won't do. Possibly it's something I would have done well with myself, however my folks were too busy with schooling and work of their own in order to keep a roof over our heads, food on the table and a business alive, but I don't blame them in the slightest. Just the way things worked out.

I rebelled against the established public school mentality when I was 5 years old. I didn't have a way of expressing it or even understanding it at that age, but I didn't like being pushed into a hole that I didn't fit. Ultimatums and threats only tempered my resolve to defy them further. Granted, I suffered for it and I'm not going to justify what I did: I graduated from high school late with a low GPA, and I didn't even attend my graduation ceremony. However there wasn't any support on the school-side to help me either cope or excel where I was deficient.

Waterboy
04-15-2010, 03:11 PM
Oh yes, fun to read, very fun...

Thank you Rag, my parents are awesome, we are homeschooled right now because my family and I are on a road trip in our RV, traveling all of north america. The reason i asked were you lived in Alaska is because I went there:banana: and it is my favorite state!! But, next year i wont be homeschooled, cause of highschool. So, im enjoying it while i can.

Badmuthatrucker

Ragnarok
04-15-2010, 03:15 PM
Yeah, I was born and raised in Planet Alaska. My life story: I lived in Anchorage until 2004, moved to Wasilla… I guess that's it. :blink:

Summers (when the sun happens to come out) are unrivaled. Winters are the price for it, or "punishment" as some would call it. :whip:

The Stray Cat
04-15-2010, 03:16 PM
hey Rag, WB is just pretending, that's a quote from a different thread a bit back.

You don't have to lie to WB anymore the truth is out that nobody really likes him anyway. :lol:

Water Boy

Ragnarok
04-15-2010, 03:18 PM
I guess I missed that. http://hvx-rc.com/forumstuff/emo/emo-freakout.gif

clodcrawler2006

Waterboy
04-15-2010, 03:20 PM
No Ed, i am actually homeschooled. That part i wasnt quoting. this is the program i use....www.k12.com You can check it out if you want.

Rag, have you been to Skagway? I know its touristy, but i looooove the fishing there. I caught a 50lb King salmon, even though that probably is small for you.:D I remember i August it didnt get dark till 11:00... that was kinda fun:lol:

Oggy
04-15-2010, 03:20 PM
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_ZpDnXYIFjo

Ragnarok
04-15-2010, 03:23 PM
50lbs would be about half the world record (by weight), but it's still one damn big fish! I've never been to any of the towns on the Panhandle, on the Alaska Peninsula, Aleutians, north of Fairbanks, or the Seward Peninsula. Never even been to Kodiak or Valdez. :blink: Start at Homer, go north until you hit Fairbanks, and then follow the "highway" east to the Canuckistani border…that's the gamut of where I've been in this state.

The Stray Cat
04-15-2010, 03:23 PM
I know you are homeschooled, I was talking about the crying part!

Waterboy
04-15-2010, 03:30 PM
Hahaha^:lol:

50lbs would be about half the world record (by weight), but it's still one damn big fish! I've never been to any of the towns on the Panhandle, on the Alaska Peninsula, Aleutians, north of Fairbanks, or the Seward Peninsula. Never even been to Kodiak or Valdez. :blink: Start at Homer, go north until you hit Fairbanks, and then follow the "highway" east to the Canuckistani border…that's the gamut of where I've been in this state.

Yeah took an hour and a half to reel in...:blink: And i was using 12lb line:D I took a drive from Fairbanks to the Arctic Circle, all that was there was a sign and you get a certificate...:kick: Ive been to Valdez before, there was a fish ladder so small that all the salmon were backed up for a hundred feet and you could walk accross them:lol: Homer is pretty neat, we camped on the Homer peninsula, right on the very tip actually.

THE_JOKER
04-15-2010, 03:48 PM
Fancy going fishing for Great Whites WB?? id'e like to drill a hole in your boat :D

sk8te-penguin
04-15-2010, 04:12 PM
Joker where do you live again? I can't remember if you told us or not :lol:

FunkyHunk
04-15-2010, 04:34 PM
Summers (when the sun happens to come out) are unrivaled. Winters are the price for it, or "punishment" as some would call it. :whip:

Over here we call winter "purgatory".

Even the Vikings believed that "hell" (or what they called it) was cold.
Heaven for the Vikings was warm and cozy.

I'm not calling myself a Viking, but as scale4x4rc's northernmost member, I think I now what cold means :p

btw Ragnar, Here are the pictures I promised you from Tromsø.

This is the Arctic cathedral in Tromsø, a very pretty christian church,
located just beside the bridge into Tromsø island where the city is located.

http://i89.photobucket.com/albums/k205/funkyhunk/tromsojan2010/DSC00198.jpg

http://i89.photobucket.com/albums/k205/funkyhunk/tromsojan2010/DSC00205.jpg

Interiour:
http://i89.photobucket.com/albums/k205/funkyhunk/tromsojan2010/DSC00207.jpg

A view of the bridge from the front of the church:

http://i89.photobucket.com/albums/k205/funkyhunk/tromsojan2010/DSC00200.jpg

Some pics of the city, taken from the same location:

http://i89.photobucket.com/albums/k205/funkyhunk/tromsojan2010/DSC00202.jpg

http://i89.photobucket.com/albums/k205/funkyhunk/tromsojan2010/DSC00204.jpg

This igloo was set up to display some mundane pieces of art inside of it:

http://i89.photobucket.com/albums/k205/funkyhunk/tromsojan2010/DSC00209.jpg

http://i89.photobucket.com/albums/k205/funkyhunk/tromsojan2010/DSC00210.jpg

On the other side of the igloo was this sculpture honouring the brave men who hunted whale in the beginning of the 20th century.
Cool sculpture though.

http://i89.photobucket.com/albums/k205/funkyhunk/tromsojan2010/DSC00212.jpg

http://i89.photobucket.com/albums/k205/funkyhunk/tromsojan2010/DSC00213.jpg

This is a sculpture of Roald Amundsen.
He flew from Tromsø on an expedition to save a stranded airship in 1928, but never returned.
He was presumed lost in the rescue operation.

http://i89.photobucket.com/albums/k205/funkyhunk/tromsojan2010/DSC00214.jpg

This is the Tromsø cathedral, built completely from wood in 1861.
Another great building in Tromsø.

http://i89.photobucket.com/albums/k205/funkyhunk/tromsojan2010/DSC00216.jpg

http://i89.photobucket.com/albums/k205/funkyhunk/tromsojan2010/DSC00217.jpg

As you can see, this was taken some months ago in January before the snow came.
And, sorry for the quality of the pictures, my slr sony alpha went up in smoke, so all I had was my Telephone :)

Harry

Waterboy
04-15-2010, 07:09 PM
Nice pictures hunky, I like that igloo!!:lol:

Fancy going fishing for Great Whites WB?? id'e like to drill a hole in your boat :D

Well good luck, im in a Boston Whaler, they are made of styrofoam and are unsinkable.:banana:

Bullitt
04-15-2010, 08:16 PM
Those are very nice pics of a pretty place and the churches are very beautiful. I am honored that you used my name at the bottom of your post as well Hunk, but I feel that I need to sign my own name and stop this madness.

Bacon

Waterboy
04-15-2010, 09:02 PM
I agree with you Bacon, ill jump the wagon too.

Sausage lover.

Ragnarok
04-15-2010, 09:42 PM
Funky, thanks for the pics. Your celphone does a better job than mine. :) If it weren't for the ice sculptures, it looks like Anchorage in October…just before we get the snow. :blink: At least sky color and foliage-wise. I think Nifelheim (home of…shadows?) was the name the old Norse used for the underworld. I've referred to Alaska as that more than once on here.

That woodframe cathedral would have been built within a year or so of my great-grandfather's emigration from there to America. I'll have to go back through our family history to find out what year exactly (I'm pretty sure it was during the Civil War that he arrived over here), but that was probably just going up or had gone up as he was leaving Norway.

WB, that's called Homer Spit. It's way too small to be a peninsula, plus Homer's already on the Kenai Peninsula. :nice:

Sausage stomper

The Stray Cat
04-15-2010, 09:45 PM
SAUSAGE STOMPER :):wacko:

Waterboy
04-15-2010, 10:02 PM
I meant spit, i just had a brainfart then. Fun town, where one of the guys from Deadliest Catch is from:nice:

Nice Sausage

Ragnarok
04-15-2010, 10:16 PM
I am welcome.

Bullitt
04-15-2010, 10:43 PM
Dammit. I really meant to type my name, but I was thinking of bacon again.

Harry

Ragnarok
04-15-2010, 10:49 PM
Sometimes subliminal bacon messages creep into the corners of your mind when you least sausage expect it. They can joker be hidden in the nooks and waterboy crannies of conversations you have with other sk8te-penguin people, or in advertisements you might rockedout watch on TV. It's understandable that little hidden more bacon phrases can have an influence on you give ragnar all your money and affect you later on.

Oggy
04-15-2010, 10:55 PM
^^^^^^^^^^^ thats funny:bacondance:

Bullitt
04-15-2010, 10:56 PM
This is how my last trip to suck mart went. The missus told me to go out tonight and replace my phone that got washed yesterday. I saw yippee, grab the debit card and head to the AT&T store. They are closed. Damn. So I stop by WalMart (suckmart now) to run into their ATT phone location and pick up the phone. I look at the sign and see that the phone section is open until 9pm. I look at my watch, 8:45. Just made it. I wave to the nice lady behind the counter. One iphone 3gs please is what I ask for nicely. The woman looks at me and says that the lady that does the phones is gone for the day. She then looks at her watch, the sign, her watch again, and then she looks back at me. Maybe come back tomorrow she says. I don't think WM is going to get much more business from me.

Harry

Bullitt
04-15-2010, 10:58 PM
Sometimes subliminal bacon messages creep into the corners of your mind when you least sausage expect it. They can joker be hidden in the nooks and waterboy crannies of conversations you have with other sk8te-penguin people, or in advertisements you might rockedout watch on TV. It's understandable that little hidden more bacon phrases can have an influence on you give ragnar all your money and affect you later on.

I noticed my name did not come up. You must not need a Harry-cut or need to load a Bullitt to your rifle to shoot the moose swimming in your pool. LOL

Harry

Bullitt
04-15-2010, 11:03 PM
Back on topic from which the thread was derailed earlier today. Here are some pics of the new bed for my Hilux. I still need to add styrene to the rear, tail lights, and roll bar, but you will get the idea. Take a gander and let me know what you think.

Before
http://i88.photobucket.com/albums/k164/harrybullitt/Hilux/DSC01979.jpg

After
http://i88.photobucket.com/albums/k164/harrybullitt/Hilux/DSC01982.jpg

http://i88.photobucket.com/albums/k164/harrybullitt/Hilux/DSC01981.jpg

http://i88.photobucket.com/albums/k164/harrybullitt/Hilux/DSC01980.jpg

Harry

THE_JOKER
04-16-2010, 12:51 AM
Looking good so far Harry, i like the shaping you did matching upto the cab, :chug:

THE_JOKER
04-16-2010, 12:55 AM
Right, one shopping list for today.

1 x meat cleaver.
2 x bags of salt.
1 x bottle of lemon juice.
1 x hammer.
1 x plane ticket to the US.
1 x car rental.
1 x map to a certain friends location.
2 x party hats.
13 x balloons.

Bullitt
04-16-2010, 05:21 AM
Right, one shopping list for today.

1 x meat cleaver.
2 x bags of salt.
1 x bottle of lemon juice.
1 x hammer.
1 x plane ticket to the US.
1 x car rental.
1 x map to a certain friends location.
2 x party hats.
13 x balloons.

Going to visit WB?

Harry

FunkyHunk
04-16-2010, 06:19 AM
Back on topic from which the thread was derailed earlier today.
Harry.

You shouldn't rely on this thread to keep on topic for more than a few posts, derailing is mandatory in this thread.
It has has been derailed so many times that it should be in some sort of record book. :rolling:

This is my shopping list for today:
1x hunk of meat
1x Cooking-pot
1x fish
478x pieces of eight
1x sword
1x Staple remover
1x Gopher repellent
1x Manual of style
1x Wax Lips
1x 100% cotton t-shirt
1x Breath Mints
1x Carrot Cake
1x File
1x Minutes
1x Fabulous Idol
1x Shovel
1x Map
1x Note

Then I'll be ready for some treasure huntin'. Yarrrrr!

Hook

THE_JOKER
04-16-2010, 06:31 AM
Going to visit WB?

Harry

Thats much better than who i had in mind, thanks!! :lol:

The Stray Cat
04-16-2010, 07:24 AM
Joker, that list can you have can be taken two ways, one it's going to be one heck of a party or two, someone is going to get hurt then salt in the wounds! And just to add you guys still under lock down for flights due to the volcano?

The Stray Cat
04-16-2010, 07:25 AM
Harry, Bed looks great, thats what I was saying about the original, it needed to blend with the cab better. THis one looks great so far.

THE_JOKER
04-16-2010, 07:29 AM
Joker, that list can you have can be taken two ways, one it's going to be one heck of a party or two, someone is going to get hurt then salt in the wounds! And just to add you guys still under lock down for flights due to the volcano?

The hats an balloons are for the after party, so its actually going both ways you thought of :excited:

Not sure on the flights, mainly manchester an above that they stopped, seen somewhere on the net today about a fireball in the sky from a meteor?? what with all the quakes lately an eruptions, 2012 is starting to look more real.

I'll be going to cornwall to pickup a surfboard ready, oh an learning to fly a plane.

The Stray Cat
04-16-2010, 07:42 AM
Funny Joker, I was thinking the same thing, Chili and CHina has huge earthquakes, and Haiti got nailed, now the volcano erupts and a meteor almost NAils Wisconsin. Good thing I got a boat!

THE_JOKER
04-16-2010, 07:47 AM
Sign me up for that boat Capt'n. :chug:

Mind you after seeing what the waves did to that cruiseliner in the movie, your boat aint gonna stand much of a chance :lol:

EDIT: Just thought of WB an his "unsinkable" styrofoam boat...............made me smile.

The Stray Cat
04-16-2010, 07:52 AM
Its all about preparedness, If I face the boat towards the waves and gun it I'll be alright. Plus I'll tie everything to the boat so if it does capsize I just flip it over and get back on. I just need to start collecting my non perishable foods for survival and a good lot of fishing poles!

THE_JOKER
04-16-2010, 08:06 AM
I like your thinking! gunning it for the wave sounds immense fun!!! sign me back up! :lol: i find it funny also how planes cant fly with ash in the air, so on the day if all volcanoes erupt, you cant fly either.....nature's way of playing chess.

Check Mate :D

sk8te-penguin
04-16-2010, 08:12 AM
HA! My box can float >.<

THE_JOKER
04-16-2010, 08:28 AM
No doubt, little tip, painting your box in fish guts helps make it more water tight, and the best place to escape the trouble is Cape Point South Africa, so set course that way, an remember me an my advice when you get there :chug: :D

The Stray Cat
04-16-2010, 08:41 AM
The planes suck the ash in through the jets then it solidifies into lava rock, not good for the engines, one more thing 2012 had wrong!

Sk8te, also using human blood repels the fish they really don't like the way we stink up the ocean! Really!

sk8te-penguin
04-16-2010, 08:51 AM
So, Cape point, fish guts and blood..

gotcha :nice:

THE_JOKER
04-16-2010, 08:53 AM
And ignore the hoards of fins in the water, there very pleasant gentle dolphins, they thrive there but will soon disperse as per Rock's advise :chug:

sk8te-penguin
04-16-2010, 09:12 AM
Riiiight, friendly dolphins.. Are they the ones you can ride?

THE_JOKER
04-16-2010, 09:19 AM
Riiiight, friendly dolphins.. Are they the ones you can ride?

Sure knock yourself out!

Bullitt
04-16-2010, 09:24 AM
I just picked up my phone today. It is going to be a good day.

Harry

The Stray Cat
04-16-2010, 09:27 AM
Wal-Mart phone centers suck big time Harry! Glad ya got your phone, now get to building something!

The Stray Cat
04-16-2010, 09:35 AM
Just to Add Joker there are sinkholes popping up all over California lately also!
http://www.inspectapedia.com/vision/sinkholes.htm

Waterboy
04-16-2010, 09:37 AM
I think i need my own smiley....:eager::lol:

THE_JOKER
04-16-2010, 09:40 AM
Just to Add Joker there are sinkholes popping up all over California lately also!
http://www.inspectapedia.com/vision/sinkholes.htm

Yeah were :censor:ed

Harry you should never speak too soon mate :lol:

The Stray Cat
04-16-2010, 09:47 AM

I'd have to agree bud, Guess it's time to start getting things ready!

Bullitt
04-16-2010, 09:53 AM

WTH are you talking about Joker? I live in Texas and have no desire to ever live in California. It is still going to be a good day. I do hope nobody was hurt.

Harry

Waterboy
04-16-2010, 09:58 AM
I used to live in California, Dana Point. I dont remember anything though.

OFFICIAL WATERBOY SMILEY!!!60634

The Stray Cat
04-16-2010, 10:01 AM
I dont remember anything though.

Is that anything new WB!:whip: :D

Waterboy
04-16-2010, 10:03 AM
Ugh, what did you just say? I cant remember....

THE_JOKER
04-16-2010, 10:11 AM
WTH are you talking about Joker? I live in Texas and have no desire to ever live in California. It is still going to be a good day. I do hope nobody was hurt.

Harry

Sorry bud was 2 parts, first bit was at Rock about the disasters of today as in lately.

second bit was to you, saying you have a new phone an today will be a good day.

Bullitt
04-16-2010, 10:15 AM
Oh crap! I see confusion in this thread again!

Harry

THE_JOKER
04-16-2010, 10:19 AM
BIG RESET

Think Rag is still working hard.

WB is still around.

Rock is planning for 2012 as am i.

think that sums it up.

:chug:

Bullitt
04-16-2010, 10:28 AM
Joker
Lets do without line 2. I don't want to have to go through that fiasco again.

Harry

The Stray Cat
04-16-2010, 10:38 AM
Yep there's a whole other thread on his sexual confusion and which MAN he wants, so we'll leave that there! Now back to 2012, I'm thinking if I get a few coolers, and life vest for me and the fam, I should e able to make it, the question is how do I repopulate the earth, or should I not even bother?

Waterboy
04-16-2010, 10:43 AM
Ahhh!!!:eager:

Dudes, i have a gf, well had i kinda lost interest. So yeah

THE_JOKER
04-16-2010, 10:50 AM
Joker
Lets do without line 2. I don't want to have to go through that fiasco again.

Harry

Yep there's a whole other thread on his sexual confusion and which MAN he wants, so we'll leave that there! Now back to 2012, I'm thinking if I get a few coolers, and life vest for me and the fam, I should e able to make it, the question is how do I repopulate the earth, or should I not even bother?

Fixed it.

Waterboy
04-16-2010, 10:58 AM
the question is how do I repopulate the earth, or should I not even bother?

:rofl::banana: Thats all i have to say Ed, and you tell me to not talk about that:lolbeat:

Waterboy
04-16-2010, 11:00 AM
BIG RESET
WB is still round.
think that sums it up.
:chug:

Dont call me round it hurts my feelings, which i eat away.:o

THE_JOKER
04-16-2010, 11:03 AM
Call me round it doesnt hurt my feelings, which i eat away.:o

Fixed again.

Waterboy
04-16-2010, 11:14 AM
:lolbeat: Joker, i plan to either :shoot: or :kick: my :Happybounce: which make perfect sense.

I had to get that of my chest.

Oggy
04-16-2010, 11:28 AM
well this thread starts making sense to me again, and then you all go insane.

anyone wana tell me whats going on?

THE_JOKER
04-16-2010, 11:29 AM
well this thread starts making sense to me again, and then you all go insane.

anyone wana tell me whats going on?

Random babbling bud, feel free to set a new track :chug:

Oggy
04-16-2010, 11:34 AM
well i'll tell you what i've been up to taday.

i've started repainting some parts of the truck i'm rebuilding, i'm still waiting for some parts, so figured some paint may as well go on and it can have time to cure.

pictures will be in my build thread later

sk8te-penguin
04-16-2010, 11:35 AM
New track? I'd love one!

Thanks! :D

Oggy
04-16-2010, 11:39 AM
yay, i'm now up to 2000 posts:bacondance::bacondance::bacondance: :bacondance:

THE_JOKER
04-16-2010, 11:40 AM
well i'll tell you what i've been up to taday.

i've started repainting some parts of the truck i'm rebuilding, i'm still waiting for some parts, so figured some paint may as well go on and it can have time to cure.

pictures will be in my build thread later

I'll check them out when you do :chug: , just been peering at Kieth's mini thread, i have one of them though the body is different, forgot i had it. Gonna charge the batts up for a play about when i get a chance.

This one

http://i703.photobucket.com/albums/ww39/wolfsburg92/Globe040.jpg

New track? I'd love one!

Thanks! :D

Try the M25 :chug:

Bullitt
04-16-2010, 12:04 PM
I was looking at the car threads too. DKV bought my old Camaro and he is going to give it a go. I told him that if he wanted to sell it, to give me a shot. I miss that beast.

Harry

THE_JOKER
04-16-2010, 12:11 PM
1/12 wasnt it?? yeah that was a sweet build!

THE_JOKER
04-16-2010, 12:14 PM
Reminds me of a car i seen on here, forgot who made it but i remember it was electric but looked like it had a supercharger, sounded like it too, cant remember it too well though, anyways i loved that thing!

The Stray Cat
04-16-2010, 12:21 PM
I'd love do to up a Car using HPI's Barracuda lid, but I have absolutely no where to run a car except my Kitchen, which is entirely to small for that!

Lee
04-16-2010, 12:22 PM
I wonder if it was the carrots. How could it be the carrots, they say that they like me and I'm their friend. They always tell me that they like me but I've been starting to wonder. Just because the carrots tell me that they like me doesn't mean that the necessarily do. It might just mean that the carrots hate me and are lying to me when they say that they like me. I guess really, it comes down to a question of doomwhether I am better at detecting whether the carrots like me or are lying to me about liking me than the carrots are at lying to me about liking me if they don't like me. So, if I think that the carrots like me, then either the carrots do like me and my ability to discern whether or not the carrots are lying to me about whether or not they like me in relation to the carrots ability to lie to me about whether or not they like me is of relatively little consequence or it happens to be the case that the carrots don't like withme and my ability to discern whether or not the carrots are lying to me about whether or not they like me is inferior to the carrots ability to lie to me about whether or not they like me. I wonder if it was the carrots. friesOr was it the tomatoes? It could have been the tomatoes you know how they get when they're canned psycho little buggers they be, aye they are the almight tomatoes flee!!! FLEE FOR YOUR LIVES or they'll get you....

The Stray Cat
04-16-2010, 12:25 PM
Oh No Attack of the Killer Tomatoes
http://i142.photobucket.com/albums/r111/eskaluna/attack.jpg

THE_JOKER
04-16-2010, 12:27 PM
I'd love do to up a Car using HPI's Barracuda lid, but I have absolutely no where to run a car except my Kitchen, which is entirely to small for that!

Thats the only trouble, then again if your near a car park ect your laughing, your out in the sticks though aint ya?

Bullitt
04-16-2010, 12:30 PM
1/12 wasnt it?? yeah that was a sweet build!

Yes it was 1/12. I loved that thing. Here are some pictures. Remember, these were from when I did not know what I was doing.

http://i88.photobucket.com/albums/k164/harrybullitt/DSC01139.jpg
http://i88.photobucket.com/albums/k164/harrybullitt/DSC01144.jpg
http://i88.photobucket.com/albums/k164/harrybullitt/DSC01142.jpg

Video was shot just to show it would run while I was trying to sell it. I was using the pistol backwards and left handed. Also the servos were hooked wrong, so steering was throttle and throttle was steering, both in reverse position. the camera was in my right hand.
http://i88.photobucket.com/albums/k164/harrybullitt/th_MOV01155.jpg (http://s88.photobucket.com/albums/k164/harrybullitt/?action=view&current=MOV01155.flv)

Harry

THE_JOKER
04-16-2010, 12:32 PM
Thats the one, yeah defo a lil beasty, cant believe you sold it!.

Lee
04-16-2010, 12:35 PM
beautiful car bullit :nice:
im the same as rocked, i have no where to run a touring car... although i do have a collection (small collection) of kyosho mini-z's. theyre 1/28, like xmods but wayy quicker and higher quality. look them up rocked, they have a real nice selection of body sets and you can mount models onto them aswell.

Waterboy
04-16-2010, 12:35 PM
I wonder if it was the carrots. How could it be the carrots, they say that they like me and I'm their friend. They always tell me that they like me but I've been starting to wonder. Just because the carrots tell me that they like me doesn't mean that the necessarily do. It might just mean that the carrots hate me and are lying to me when they say that they like me. I guess really, it comes down to a question of doomwhether I am better at detecting whether the carrots like me or are lying to me about liking me than the carrots are at lying to me about liking me if they don't like me. So, if I think that the carrots like me, then either the carrots do like me and my ability to discern whether or not the carrots are lying to me about whether or not they like me in relation to the carrots ability to lie to me about whether or not they like me is of relatively little consequence or it happens to be the case that the carrots don't like withme and my ability to discern whether or not the carrots are lying to me about whether or not they like me is inferior to the carrots ability to lie to me about whether or not they like me. I wonder if it was the carrots. friesOr was it the tomatoes? It could have been the tomatoes you know how they get when they're canned psycho little buggers they be, aye they are the almight tomatoes flee!!! FLEE FOR YOUR LIVES or they'll get you....

2nd EPIC POST OF THE DAY!!

THE_JOKER
04-16-2010, 12:39 PM
BTW Harry did you ever finish the chopped camino?

The Stray Cat
04-16-2010, 12:40 PM
Yep I live in the middle of nowhere, I have checked the miniZs before, I had a couple of HPI Micro rs4s before also. The tennis courts in the small town down the road don't allow anything but tennis, so I can't even use them!

THE_JOKER
04-16-2010, 12:44 PM
Do a rally car Rock, fancied one meself.

Oggy
04-16-2010, 12:55 PM
just put an update in my truck build, let me know what you think about the colour if you check it out

sk8te-penguin
04-16-2010, 01:41 PM
DANGLEBERRY!!!!

Oggy
04-16-2010, 01:46 PM
in case anyone misses it in the other thread, i'm now officialy sk8te's bodyguard

here's me on duty and ready to tackle one one who attempts to burn down sk8te's new box

http://i627.photobucket.com/albums/tt358/bigoggy/sales/IMG0109A.jpg

Bullitt
04-16-2010, 01:48 PM
BTW Harry did you ever finish the chopped camino?

I gave the kit to my neighbor while I was concentrating on finishing the COE.

I lost interest on that one pretty quick.

Harry

THE_JOKER
04-16-2010, 01:58 PM
I gave the kit to my neighbor while I was concentrating on finishing the COE.

I lost interest on that one pretty quick.

Harry

Shame, i liked the look of that an where it was heading.

Bullitt
04-16-2010, 02:10 PM
Shame, i liked the look of that an where it was heading.

I have thought of building kits for customers. If I have to come up with the money for all of the parts, it takes me a while and I loose interest. If I have that financial push to get one built, I do a better job and it goes along quicker.

Maybe one day,
Harry

THE_JOKER
04-16-2010, 02:17 PM
Slight change of direction here but dont you peeps over there also have the chevy bel air in 1/8 scale, or was it a barbie car?? either way you seem to have all the stuff i want :lol: even them monogram camaro's.

Anyways hope you do another one similar one day Harry, honestly liked the last one you started.

Bullitt
04-16-2010, 02:26 PM
Slight change of direction here but dont you peeps over there also have the chevy bel air in 1/8 scale, or was it a barbie car?? either way you seem to have all the stuff i want :lol: even them monogram camaro's.

Anyways hope you do another one similar one day Harry, honestly liked the last one you started.

Never saw the bel air. There was the barbie Vette, Ferrari and all of the monogram kits as well. I could go and knock on the door and say gimmie back and he probably would. It would be neat to complete it, but I know I would not want to keep it, so it would be for sale very quickly. I really like the building like most of us, but for me, it is really just to say, "I built that".

Harry

The Stray Cat
04-16-2010, 02:28 PM
Never saw the bel air. There was the barbie Vette, Ferrari and all of the monogram kits as well. I could go and knock on the door and say gimmie back and he probably would. It would be neat to complete it, but I know I would not want to keep it, so it would be for sale very quickly. I really like the building like most of us, but for me, it is really just to say, "I built that".

Harry

You could always say give me that and a couple hundred bucks so I can finish it and give it back to you!

jake10684
04-16-2010, 03:09 PM
Update on the goings-on from the workplace: They made an arrest and have uncovered even more stuff that concerns them to such a degree that they won't even tell us what's happening anymore. And no luck on recovering the stolen goods yet, either. But at least they have (one of?) the guy(s)!

Bullitt
04-18-2010, 11:06 PM
I had some time to tinker on the 'ole Hilux today. I pulled out my miter saw and went to work. I have two pieces of cutting board stacked on top of another. The lower section has a 20 degree cut to allow some sort of transition. Ahhh hell, it's late. Here are the pictures. Yes, it will be dyed black.

http://i88.photobucket.com/albums/k164/harrybullitt/Hauler/DSC01983.jpg

http://i88.photobucket.com/albums/k164/harrybullitt/Hauler/DSC01984.jpg

http://i88.photobucket.com/albums/k164/harrybullitt/Hauler/DSC01985.jpg

http://i88.photobucket.com/albums/k164/harrybullitt/Hauler/DSC01986.jpg

http://i88.photobucket.com/albums/k164/harrybullitt/Hauler/DSC01987.jpg

http://i88.photobucket.com/albums/k164/harrybullitt/Hauler/DSC01988.jpg

http://i88.photobucket.com/albums/k164/harrybullitt/Hauler/DSC01989.jpg

http://i88.photobucket.com/albums/k164/harrybullitt/Hauler/DSC01990.jpg

Harry

Ragnarok
04-18-2010, 11:09 PM
Awesome. UHMW and HDPE rock.

THE_JOKER
04-19-2010, 12:54 AM
Sweet bumper! i have the same stuff i think, feels greasy?.......if not.....then i guess i dont have the same stuff, never thought to do that though, nice work Harry :chug:

Oggy
04-19-2010, 01:07 AM
that's a great looking bumper:banana:

Bullitt
04-19-2010, 05:23 AM
Thanks guys. Rag, I did not know what that was, but I am going to assume it meant "Harry youz de mozt awezum and the beztiz skilz". LOL

Joker- it could be the same. Mine was not greasy because I did not cut lastnight's pork on it. It was around $5 at the grocery store. My thoughts are that it will help the truck to slide up areas where sheet metal or aluminum would get hung up. I have thought about doing a build thread on the truck, but I am almost done with it. That and it would be on the first page of the 1.9 section for 10 minutes and I would have to use the search bar just to find it again. :lol:

Harry

Ragnarok
04-19-2010, 08:45 AM
:p You do haz, but UHMW = Ultra-High Molecular Weight, and HDPE = High-Density Polyethylene.

The Stray Cat
04-19-2010, 10:05 AM
So Harry you putting a winch or light or just some kind of grill guard on that bumper?

Spoon37
04-19-2010, 10:17 AM
Sweet bumper! i have the same stuff i think, feels greasy?.......if not.....then i guess i dont have the same stuff, never thought to do that though, nice work Harry :chug:

Nah thats straight 'acetal' - delrin is a derivative(acetal homopolymer), the normal acetal is so damn slippy if you machine a cone on a lathe and put it facing up on a flat surface you cannot pick it up...:huh:

I think Bullitt used a couple of ordinary plastic chopping boards/cutting boards(normally used in the kitchen) - which is a heck of alot simpler/cheaper/easier than finding the same amount of delrin/acetal plastics. I dont actually know the plastic they use but if it will take a machete it should be tough enough...

The Stray Cat
04-19-2010, 10:25 AM
Yea Harry used standard cutting board which is hard to cut and drill so it will hold up just fine in a RC truck!

THE_JOKER
04-19-2010, 10:37 AM
Thanks for that spoon, i can look for specific boards now, i actually like the stuff, use some as a belly pan an it slides over :lol:

Oggy
04-19-2010, 10:42 AM
i built a chassis for my wheely king out of chopping boards a few years ago, it was evil stuff to cut with the hacksaw

Spoon37
04-19-2010, 10:43 AM
bandsaw! its the future! :lol:

Oggy
04-19-2010, 10:53 AM
i'm old school, i only have hand tools:blink:

THE_JOKER
04-19-2010, 10:57 AM
Wouldnt mind a little band saw meself actually, might have a gander at machinemart.

The Stray Cat
04-19-2010, 10:59 AM
Ok two more movie reviews for you guys...

Watched Astroboy over the weekend, very good flick, excellent Computer graphics and for an animated feature it had a great plot and script. I'd definitely recommend it!

Secondly I watched Defendor which is a new Woody Harrelson flick, it was cool especailly for wanna be super hero flick. Of course Harrelson's true to life funniness is good and not overly done, its worth a watch for sure!

Ragnarok
04-19-2010, 11:46 AM
I never paid much attention to Astro Boy when it was in theaters. Just looked it up and it has quite a cast: Nicholas Cage, Samuel L. Mutha****in' Jackson, Kristen Bell (:wub:), Nathan Lane, Bill Nighy, Charlize Theron, Donald Southerland, Eugene Levy, Dakota Fanning's little sister…even David Alan "Big Bressusses" Grier and giant Doogie Howser-lookalike Ryan Stiles. :blink: I might check it out when it drops in price. :nice:

The Stray Cat
04-19-2010, 12:03 PM
It was definitely a good flick. I really enjoyed it. Never really paid attention to classic astroboy comic or anything my self.

Bullitt
04-19-2010, 12:44 PM
:p You do haz, but UHMW = Ultra-High Molecular Weight, and HDPE = High-Density Polyethylene.

Ahhh. Now I am embarrassed.

So Harry you putting a winch or light or just some kind of grill guard on that bumper?

Don't know yet. I don't have a winch, so I don't know if it will fit. The 5 lights from the roll bar will fit on it and looks pretty good. I do think I am over the grill guard though. There will not be a big hoop on the front. Still don't know what to do though.

Wouldnt mind a little band saw meself actually, might have a gander at machinemart.

I forgot to mention that I used my small craftsman drill press and my delta 9" band saw too. :banana:

Thanks for the kudos. Hopefully after it is dyed, it will look good.

Harry

Waterboy
04-19-2010, 08:27 PM
Ahh, now i see where you get Rule #2 DOUBLE TAP Ed, that was a good movie!! I bet they could make a sequel.

The Stray Cat
04-19-2010, 09:05 PM
Yep Zombieland, definitely a classic zombie flick!

THE_JOKER
04-20-2010, 01:07 AM
Zombie land 2 will be here according to IMBD or whatever it is.

Oggy
04-20-2010, 01:32 AM
i watched avatar last night, well i watched the 1st hour and then turned it off.

what a piece of rubbish, that's an hour of my life i'll never get back.

yes i know i'll probably get some hate for this post

sk8te-penguin
04-20-2010, 01:36 AM
Opinions are opinions Oggy. Personally I loved it, but everybody's different ^_^

Oggy
04-20-2010, 01:39 AM
but everybody's different ^_^

you would know about been different :p:p:p:p

The Stray Cat
04-20-2010, 07:13 AM
I think Avatar had some cool points, like the giant flying dino things, and some of the visual effects, but overall it was a way overated sub standard film. The only reason for the publicity it got was because of the tree huggers and its 3D effects.

Ragnarok
04-20-2010, 07:13 AM
No hate from me Ogg. It's just Dances with Wolves reenacted with slimy anthropomorphic lizard cats and rejected characters from Halo. Supposedly the home video release will have an alien sex scene that was removed from the theatrical cut. :nono: Wow, how awesome is that? Sign me up! :rolleyes:

The Stray Cat
04-20-2010, 07:41 AM
I wish someone would make a killer Halo film, it's be a hell of a lot better than Avatar! As I posted before about Avatar
http://i663.photobucket.com/albums/uu359/elkozak73/image2ldm.jpg

pardonmyn00b
04-20-2010, 07:51 AM
:rolling::rolling::rolling:
That's a good one

Oggy
04-20-2010, 08:03 AM
I wish someone would make a killer Halo film, it's be a hell of a lot better than Avatar! As I posted before about Avatar
http://i663.photobucket.com/albums/uu359/elkozak73/image2ldm.jpg

:lolbeat::lolbeat::rolling::rolling::rolling::roll ing::rolling::rolling:

Oggy
04-20-2010, 08:04 AM
Supposedly the home video release will have an alien sex scene that was removed from the theatrical cut:

who the heck wants to see that :thinking::thinking: :puke: :puke:

The Stray Cat
04-20-2010, 08:15 AM
I wonder if they do they magical mating hair thing when they are doing the wild thing? It'd actually be a benefit to us men seeing as you get your thoughts connected and we'd be able to tell what the woman is actually thinking, on the other hand if you were making it with your wife while thinking about someone else, it might be hazardous!

THE_JOKER
04-20-2010, 08:16 AM

Maybe the strange an twisted.........

Pre ordered.

kidding, blue people movie never appealed to me.

Ragnarok
04-20-2010, 09:16 AM

Exactly my point! James Cameron is a perverted hack that thinks that this is where "cinema needs to go." It certainly hasn't hurt Bioware - it's considered one of the "highlights" of the Mass Effect game series. Oooh - sex with aliens, with the added "bonus" of Lesbian sex with aliens if your character is female. :blink: It's all those self-touching Star Trek junkies and generally kinked-out weirdoes…and those that know they can make money peddling it…that are making this stuff gain momentum.

Waterboy
04-20-2010, 09:47 AM
:rolling: Lesbien aliens? Well good morning all, i just finished a trailer for my cr-01, its pretty good im thinking^_^ Took it for a test run today, a wheel fell off and the link broke a couple times:blink: But i fixed it, now its running great.

Ragnarok
04-20-2010, 09:57 AM
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=AKzChtCBkx8

Ragnarok
04-20-2010, 09:59 AM
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=7gz1DIIxmEE

Ragnarok
04-20-2010, 10:00 AM
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=SAGOZq_eE2Y

The Stray Cat
04-20-2010, 10:14 AM
Nice to see the google bots picking up on Female lesbian aliens!

Spoon37
04-20-2010, 10:24 AM
Its a funny thing I heard the other day that a planned $90-mil invested Halo MMORPG has been cancelled by microsoft after being in development for over a year... I actually suspect this is due to possible copyright infringements for any Avatar based game especially if they make an avatar MMO where you play an avatar representing yourself in the game world, who can then take control of a....oh wait...

anyway I have just discovered the bacon cupcake so without further ado click this: http://blackkittycat132.deviantart.com/art/Bacon-Cupcake-4-153139746

:lol:

Oggy
04-20-2010, 11:53 AM
bacon cupcake :excited: :excited: :Happybounce: :Happybounce: :excited: :excited: :Happybounce: :Happybounce: :bacondance::bacondance: :bacondance::bacondance: :banana::banana::banana::banana:

THE_JOKER
04-20-2010, 02:08 PM
Dirty bleeders, you an ya bacon porn :lol:

Ragnarok
04-20-2010, 02:15 PM
Bacon in bacon thread! :rant: :cop:

THE_JOKER
04-20-2010, 02:17 PM
Dont look at me, i called em dirty bleeders :D

Ragnarok
04-20-2010, 02:20 PM
I'm on your side, Jokarino.

THE_JOKER
04-20-2010, 02:21 PM
Men who stare at sheep<------------seen this movie in store today but wth?!?!?!?

weird titles, i never did see that other one, "no country for old men" purely cause the title sounded lame.

THE_JOKER
04-20-2010, 02:22 PM
I'm on your side, Jokarino.

Good to know Mr Rag! :lol:

Ragnarok
04-20-2010, 02:25 PM
I thought it was Men Who Stare at Goats. :thinking:

THE_JOKER
04-20-2010, 02:27 PM
I thought it was Men Who Stare at Goats. :thinking:

:lol: Yeah sorry that was it, was thinking about that other thread an Talons pic.

You seen it? the film i mean not the sheep pic.

Ragnarok
04-20-2010, 02:31 PM
Naw. I'm about as anti-George Clooney as any human being can get. It goes beyond political ideology: I think he's just a miserably pathetic actor.

Oggy
04-20-2010, 02:31 PM
goats, sheep, no difference, they both tend to put up a fight when you....

never mind:crazy::crazy:

Ragnarok
04-20-2010, 02:33 PM
I'm about ready to campaign to have this forum renamed The Men Who Stare at Sheep, Bacon, and Other Men. :nono:

Oggy
04-20-2010, 02:35 PM
we all love bacon, so shouldn't we be looking at pigs?

THE_JOKER
04-20-2010, 02:35 PM
Naw. I'm about as anti-George Clooney as any human being can get. It goes beyond political ideology: I think he's just a miserably pathetic actor.

Fair one.

Oh yeah also forgot to say i seen a PC today that has to be the coolest one ive seen to date, was called an Acer Aspire Predator, tried to find the case on its own for sale with no luck, must be a system only. Anyway it looked really good!

Hows yours coming along btw?

goats, sheep, no difference, they both tend to put up a fight when you....

never mind:crazy::crazy:

Glad you stopped there :lol:

Ragnarok
04-20-2010, 02:46 PM
Yeah, the Predator is a factory-spec machine. You can't get the case by itself 'cause only Acer makes it, and they're not in the aftermarket parts bweezniss. Bright orange thing. Pretty awesome looking. Reminds me of a combination of some animé mecha-thingy and the Jawas' sand crawler.

I'm not sure they're still available in the States, so I don't know what's a fair price for them. I know they were expensive when they were first announced. As for mine, I stated in my Hackintosh thread that I can't go ahead as planned with the rack unit as I wanted as I couldn't get it out of the house in an emergency. I'm actually working on the new design as I poke around in the forum. I'll post new sketches over there when I'm ready. :nice:

Waterboy
04-20-2010, 02:47 PM
I'm about ready to campaign to have this forum renamed The Men Who Stare at Sheep, Bacon, and Other Men. :nono:

Yes!! Perfect name for this thread, not between me and ranger boy official thread #453, who votes for
The Men Who Stare at Sheep, Bacon, and Other Men.? I am so in.

THE_JOKER
04-20-2010, 02:48 PM
Thats the one, i think its a clever piece of kit, real nice design!

Ragnarok
04-20-2010, 02:50 PM
Just noticed the thread got de-stickied. Spoon, I am disappoint. :lol:

It doesn't need to be a sticky anymore, I guess. It's active enough that even if it fell onto the second page it won't be lost. :nice:

Waterboy
04-20-2010, 02:54 PM
its kinda sad though. This thread needs to be at the top, its 4 stars after all.:blink:

Oggy
04-20-2010, 02:56 PM
this needs to stay a sticky, it's the 1st thread i look at when i come on the site

THE_JOKER
04-20-2010, 02:57 PM
Same here Og, though like Rag said, its used so much it should always be near or at the top anyway :chug:

Ragnarok
04-20-2010, 02:57 PM
*under the cover of darkness, secretly re-stickes thread*

THE_JOKER
04-20-2010, 02:59 PM
*under the cover of darkness, secretly re-stickes thread*

Nice one Ninja Rag :chug:

sk8te-penguin
04-20-2010, 03:01 PM
I this this is worthy of the
RAGNAR FIX!
quote ^_^

Oggy
04-20-2010, 03:01 PM
yay, it's re-stickied

Waterboy
04-20-2010, 03:02 PM
Hoooowah! Nice rag, this is the first thread i see when i come here too:)