PDA

View Full Version : between me an rangerboy - OFFICIAL THREAD MISSION STATEMENT POST #253

Pages : 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 [15] 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 51 52 53 54 55 56 57 58 59 60 61 62 63 64 65 66 67 68 69 70 71 72 73 74 75 76 77 78 79 80 81 82

THE_JOKER
05-02-2010, 03:29 PM
I haven't logged into my facebook since it was hacked by the CIA.

What did you get upto for that kinda fan club? :banana:

Ragnarok
05-02-2010, 05:02 PM
We're not going to get into that. The riotous orgy where that particular reference sprang up has been transferred to an undisclosed location. Now let us never speak of it again. Amen.

chizzle8795
05-02-2010, 05:10 PM
Hit the plus button on every post you want to quote.

all i see is massive poo explosions of

Waterboy
05-02-2010, 07:31 PM
^ destruction and woe:rolling:

Where did all of LR3s threads go rag?

Bullitt
05-02-2010, 08:13 PM
Well Em, my 15 month old daughter goes under the knife to get tubes put in her ears. Poor little thing has had ear infections since she was 1 week old. As soon as she gets off an antibiotic, her ears start to get infected again. The only good thing is that she does not know what it is like for her ears not to bother her. Tomorrow will be a good day.

Harry

The Stray Cat
05-02-2010, 08:27 PM
Well Iwish your little girl luck and my thoughts Harry, My 7 year old has cronic ear infections too, but not quite as bad your daughter's sound. I had them growing up also and eventually out grew them so I'm hoping my little girl will out grow them too. Of course hers didn't start until she was like 4 not 1 week old. Your little one won't know what to do when her ears don't hurt anymore!

Bullitt
05-02-2010, 08:58 PM
She is happy quite a bit and she babbles a lot too. Recently, she will start talking to us. She looks at us square in the eye and is just babling away. We will respond, "So you would like some juice." and she gets all ticked off because we don't understand what she is saying. It is really cute stuff.

I really hope your daughter's ears get better too Ed. That has to really be bad.

Harry

The Stray Cat
05-02-2010, 09:06 PM
Yea its rough but on the bright side at least she is old enough to tell us whats going on! I do miss the babble and then the Im ticked ,because you don't understand my babble, looks

jake10684
05-02-2010, 09:53 PM
I suffered from endless ear infections as a little tyke myself. Probably from around 3 years old up to 7 or 8. I had to use this terrible little bulb device to force my ears to pop to let fluid drain.

I got to chew bubble gum in school though to help keep my ears popped. I always thought that was cool. And since I always brought big gallon tubs to share with the rest of the class to make it fair, all the other kids loved me. Lol

Course my sinuses and inner ears look like really bad Swiss cheese now and I do still have problems with them but thankfully I did outgrow the ear aches. I know they're no fun. What a relief it will be, Harry, for your daughter to not have that pain anymore.

Ragnarok
05-02-2010, 10:48 PM
Where did all of LR3s threads go rag?

I loaded them up in a tractor trailer and drove them off a cliff into ocean. :nice:

Regarding the earaches, I know what those are like. I had severe problems with them, too. I didn't outgrow it until I was out of high school. Being away from vectors packing the hooka-bookuss was the only solution. See, being a hermit ain't all bad.

In other news, FB is still recommending me to myself. :lolbeat: Providing it would even allow me to do it in the first place, what kind of loser would I look like if I went ahead and did it? Would I get one of those "divide by zero" space-time continuum tears I keep hearing about, or would it just be monumentally pathetic?

jake10684
05-02-2010, 10:58 PM
Who's a whatsit now? What's a hooka-bookus? :blink:

Ragnarok
05-02-2010, 11:03 PM
Hooka-bookus = the cruds, or any kind of communicable disease like the cold, flu, tonsillitis, strep-throat, etc.

jake10684
05-02-2010, 11:14 PM
Never heard it called that before. Lol Must be a northern term. I'll have to try and use it now.

sk8te-penguin
05-03-2010, 12:17 AM
In other news, FB is still recommending me to myself. :lolbeat: Providing it would even allow me to do it in the first place, what kind of loser would I look like if I went ahead and did it? Would I get one of those "divide by zero" space-time continuum tears I keep hearing about, or would it just be monumentally pathetic?

You can do it.. I'm in my own friends list.. twice...

THE_JOKER
05-03-2010, 01:36 AM
I refuse to do the whole "FaceBook" point blank, the fact you can be friends with yourself makes it even worse.

pardonmyn00b
05-03-2010, 06:12 AM
I refuse to do the whole "FaceBook" point blank, the fact you can be friends with yourself makes it even worse.

I'm with you on that one joker. Another reason is I don't want people to know I'm still alive.

The Stray Cat
05-03-2010, 07:17 AM
X3 on the Facebook thing, I've taken a lot of time and put a lot of effort in trying to disappear, I don't want people finding me!

The Stray Cat
05-03-2010, 08:08 AM
Joker its a good thing I'm gettingthe boat ready, There has been numerous devastating tornadoes the few weeks and now some record level flooding numbers, the end is near I believe!

Ragnarok
05-03-2010, 08:34 AM
Believe me, this ain't even the beginning. When the eastern seaboard is submerged, California is the next Atlantis, the heartland becomes a wasteland, when America has been sent back into the 19th century because our government is more concerned with controlling its population instead of defending it, with starvation, disease, and anarchy rampant in the streets of the last hope of the world, the extermination of Israel, and the New World Order has been established, held up by the evil empires of Russia and China, with no sovereignty and a single currency (my bet is the Yuan), then you can say the end is near. Burma will look like Eden. Twenty, maybe thirty years tops. Still, it's not a bad idea to be prepared soon, because once it ramps up it's gonna get mean and never let up.

Lee
05-03-2010, 08:55 AM
ill be ok, rocked i have a boat, can i come and moor up along side you? provided i can keep it upright, it likes to capsize :lolbeat:

The Stray Cat
05-03-2010, 08:58 AM
Sure ya can, bring Joker along with ya and we'll meet in the middle!

LastClodStanding
05-03-2010, 08:59 AM
Hummm....Water World anyone. We can can tie up a fleet of boats and start making our own floating colony.

The Stray Cat
05-03-2010, 09:06 AM
Hummm....Water World anyone. We can can tie up a fleet of boats and start making our own floating colony.

How dare you make a terrible movie reference in this thread like that!:whip::lolbeat:

Lee
05-03-2010, 09:25 AM
:lol:
just got back from the aquarium shop. id love to show you all what i bought- but theyre shy and have crawled off into the gravel:lol:
you can see a mossball though?

Oggy
05-03-2010, 09:31 AM
just got back from the aquarium shop. id love to show you all what i bought- but theyre shy and have crawled off into the gravel:lol:
you can see a mossball though?

how's the water quality now?

THE_JOKER
05-03-2010, 10:32 AM
Joker its a good thing I'm gettingthe boat ready, There has been numerous devastating tornadoes the few weeks and now some record level flooding numbers, the end is near I believe!

Tell me about it, i got to make a list of everything i wanna do before the 2012 judgment day, so far all i got is.

1) Mow the grass-(strangest part of that is its the first thing that popped in my head, but i dont even have any grass).

The Stray Cat
05-03-2010, 10:41 AM
You can come mow my grass I have lots of it!

THE_JOKER
05-03-2010, 11:19 AM
Part 2 of that problem is i dont have a lawn mower, as i dont have grass, im assuming you have a mower in which case sort me out with immigrant perks such as a free bed an food, an consider the odd job done.

The Stray Cat
05-03-2010, 11:33 AM
Joker you're welcome stay as long as you'd like bud, Just bring some muscle as I have some other work needing to be done as well.

Bullitt
05-03-2010, 11:51 AM
We made it back from the big city for Em's ear tube procedure. Things went great and I can't wait to see the changes. She and the missus are taking a much needed nap, so that means I have some hobby time!

Talk to you losers at work later. LOL

Harry

THE_JOKER
05-03-2010, 11:55 AM
Good news Harry! :chug: an thanks! from one loser to another :D

Rock, no worries on the muscle, will flip the situation an by the end of the day i'll be in a deck chair with a drink tellin you how to cut the grass :lol:

The Stray Cat
05-03-2010, 11:59 AM
Great news Harry!

Joker, my wife has been trying to flip the situation for years, but she still hasn't figured out how!

Lee
05-03-2010, 12:33 PM
good news harry!

how's the water quality now?

absaloutly fine.
the fish...
one guppy, acts normal.
the shrimps i bought, ive had to rescue them from the filter after they crawled in. ive seen one back in there but hes gotten back out again now i think. theyve just stayed in the gravel and not come out.
after the shabankle with the filter, my other guppy (jimmy) really appears to have been affected- hes staying on the bottom, and keeps getting stuck. ive been reading the internet, i think its the stress and him hoping he can pull through. i dropped stress coat into the tank to help with any injuries and im just going to keep an eye on him for now.
the moss ball is the least stressful and easiest thing in there. it just sits still and doesnt need feeding :lol:

Oggy
05-03-2010, 01:53 PM
hey guys, i've got an idea for a website and want some input.

what i'm thinking about is a site that reviews r.c.'s, think along the line of magazine reviews, but written by you guys.

you could review the latest kit you are building, your new shocks even your new e.s.c..

if you are thinking about buying a new part, you could read the review and see what it's really like.

unlike a magazine this would be written by people who have spent there own cash on the cars and parts, and would be totaly free to give an honest review good or bad.

let me know what you think, and if you would be interested in writing reviews, it's no good me setting it up if people only want to read the site and not have input with reviews of there own occasionaly

LondonF350
05-03-2010, 02:03 PM
It's a good idea... but....
When I find a product I like I write a review on the review section of this site.
It's good because it is relevant to my hobby. i don't much want to read reviews of 1/8th nitro truggy's.
I guess I like the idea, but can't really see much scope for it outside what this forum already provides (and not too many users post reviews here as it is - could be quite a sparse website!!!) :huh:

jake10684
05-03-2010, 02:16 PM
That reminds me of a site I tried to start but didn't have the time or knowledge to get rolling. I built a sort of companion wiki meant for this site that members could post to. It never really got off the ground more than just setting up the page and starting a few basic articles/entries, but if a wiki was something you were thinking about, you're more than welcome to use that as a launching point to see what kind of interest there is. I can even set you up as an administrator if you'd like.

http://scale4x4rc.wikia.com/wiki/Scale_4x4_RC_Wiki

:chug:

Also, I'd like to add, that even if that's not what you were thinking for your project, I really would love to get that thing off the ground. Anyone is welcome to register and start adding/editing articles. And I'd love to see it take off.

Now that I know a bit more than I did when I started it, I'll probably start adding to it gradually, but I definitely don't know enough to make it a valuable resource to anyone but the most novice hobbyist.

sk8te-penguin
05-03-2010, 02:24 PM
Sounds great!!

Oggy
05-03-2010, 02:26 PM
It's a good idea... but....
When I find a product I like I write a review on the review section of this site.
It's good because it is relevant to my hobby. i don't much want to read reviews of 1/8th nitro truggy's.
I guess I like the idea, but can't really see much scope for it outside what this forum already provides (and not too many users post reviews here as it is - could be quite a sparse website!!!) :huh:

i didn't even know about that part of the forum, i just had to go find it.

like you say, people don't seam to like writing reviews

THE_JOKER
05-03-2010, 03:21 PM
Great news Harry!

Joker, my wife has been trying to flip the situation for years, but she still hasn't figured out how!

Yeah but your wife aint english :lol:

Ragnarok
05-03-2010, 05:19 PM
THREADYANK!

First pic of Chris Hensworth (Cap. Kirk) as Thor…

Also…
- New American Godzilla courtesy of Legendary Pictures (recent Batman films, tons of others) in 2012.
- Batman threequel also in 2012.
- G.I. Joe sequel in 2012.
- TRON is officially a trilogy - sequel to TRON: Legacy has been okayed.
- How to Train Your Dragon will get a sequel
- Rambo 5 ain't happenin'.
- I may be looking for a new job soon. :(

Did I miss anything?

LR3
05-03-2010, 06:11 PM
hey guys, i've got an idea for a website and want some input.

what i'm thinking about is a site that reviews r.c.'s, think along the line of magazine reviews, but written by you guys.

you could review the latest kit you are building, your new shocks even your new e.s.c..

if you are thinking about buying a new part, you could read the review and see what it's really like.

unlike a magazine this would be written by people who have spent there own cash on the cars and parts, and would be totaly free to give an honest review good or bad.

let me know what you think, and if you would be interested in writing reviews, it's no good me setting it up if people only want to read the site and not have input with reviews of there own occasionaly
I like the idea. I used to do something like this for the cars in Test Drive Unlimited. The website is gone now though. I would be willing to do reviews too. I am good with writing stuff like that.

500th POST:banana:

Waterboy
05-03-2010, 06:19 PM
I like the idear too. Im planning on getting an SCX10 or X-trail chassis and mabye some 1.9 tires and wheels. And a VXL for my slash :banana:

The Stray Cat
05-03-2010, 10:16 PM
Darn no Rambo5 now what do I have to look forward too!

Gi JOe sequel is going to be "Pursuit of Cobra"

I can't believe that Thor is the same guy as Capt Kirk, doesn't even look like him.

Whats up with the JOB Rag?

Ragnarok
05-03-2010, 10:44 PM
Things are very uncertain and I'm scared. We don't have any work for this summer. The last three jobs we've investigated all turned out to be jackholes that didn't want to pay for what our work is worth, so they backed out after the we made designs and submitted bids. I've been doing a lot of praying and fasting these past two weeks, so hoping that something positive happens. :( We were in this same position last August, but things came through. I gotta have faith that things are going to work out again.

Oggy
05-03-2010, 11:15 PM
rag, good luck with your job, hope you get some work in soon

THE_JOKER
05-04-2010, 12:56 AM
Aie, good luck Rag, hope it all picks up again for you!

Bullitt
05-04-2010, 05:32 AM
I hope things turn around for you Rag. March of '09, I had to take a 10% paycut. That really was not cool, especially when you brought home a little girl the month before. We rocked along with even less work and had to take another 10% paycut in June. Below average. Things were tight, but we still made it, without a lot of things, but we made it. The oil and gas market started to pick up and at the first of '10, I got 10% back. A month later, another 10% found it's way into my wallet. The oil and gas market are really starting to get busy and when this happens, other businesses begin to follow. Keep the chin up Rag, things are going to get better.

Harry

The Stray Cat
05-04-2010, 07:23 AM
Well Rag not to be a follower but Oggy, Joker and Harry all said it well so X3 on their comments.

Ragnarok
05-04-2010, 08:29 AM
Since our business is based on wealth, ie. our clients need to be well-heeled financially because we don't build crap, and the way our economy has been sodom-ized* by D.C., people are afraid to spend any of their money because they don't see it getting better. If they don't want to part with their money, we don't have work. No work, no shop, no food, no home. We're still courting another job, but it's the only one we have to court, and it's not looking very affirmative at all.

Panic is for those who are lost. I'm not panicking yet. Adversity can be a blessing if one simply accepts that it is and can see it. I willingly admit that I'm having a difficult time doing that at the moment. :(

* hyphen to escape word filter.

The Stray Cat
05-04-2010, 08:41 AM
Well Our wonderful Govt has pretty much beaten down every american, except the already rich or already politicians. So keep a weather eye on the horizon Rag something will turn up.

Bullitt
05-04-2010, 09:51 AM
Does Mrs. Palin need a housekeeper? That could be an awesome gig.

Harry

Waterboy
05-04-2010, 09:58 AM
I hope everything works out for you Rag:)

The Stray Cat
05-04-2010, 10:21 AM

Harry

Or maybe a Pool boy!:D:huh:

Waterboy
05-04-2010, 10:30 AM
:lol: what? POOL!!!! Me me me!!!

THE_JOKER
05-04-2010, 10:48 AM
Soon as i read what you put on the "Pool Boy" Rock, i knew WB would be the first to reply on that.

The Stray Cat
05-04-2010, 10:57 AM
Well he isn't even boy enough for Mrs. Palin!

THE_JOKER
05-04-2010, 11:02 AM
Dont say that he'll be crushed.

sk8te-penguin
05-04-2010, 11:04 AM
I'll voulunteer to help WB Whenever ^_^

Ragnarok
05-04-2010, 11:04 AM

HarryThe scuttlebutt was that the Palins were doing some major renovations on their house. I admire her on a lot of levels, but I gotta be honest, that's a gig I would never want for many reasons including the following:

1) Their contractor is handling everything. Contractors push the blame for whatever misery they're responsible for down onto the subs. They also live in a world of unrealistic deadlines. If the deadbeats building the cabinets don't get done on the contractor's imaginary deadline, it's their fault for everything.
2) If the client-cabinetmaker relationship went bad, I wouldn't want to have the stress of harboring hard feelings toward them and knowing they didn't like us. When this has happened in the past the stress is completely unnerving and very psychologically disturbing, regardless of the stature of our clients.

There are others, but I don't have the time or the perspicacity to properly elaborate.

Or maybe a Pool boy!:D:huh:
There are pools in AK, however no pool boys. Who in their right mind would want a giant Jack Black skimming duck crap off their pool?

Besides, fantasies of trifling with married women ain't my style.

Bullitt
05-04-2010, 11:19 AM
I did not know about the construction. I was getting at Mrs. Palin having you walk around in a french maid outfit, pointing at crumbs with her high-heel shoes and saying, "Pick it up...NOW!" Kind of barbaric, yet refined all at the same time. I would be the first at the house and the last one to leave. I have no desire messing around with another man's woman, not will I ever feel that way.

Harry

PS
After reading my comments I realized something. I would have to fight Rocked out of the way to work and push him out the door on the way out.

The Stray Cat
05-04-2010, 11:33 AM
Well in my imagine world where I am sometimes single fornicating with another man's wife is still against how I truly feel, however since MRs. Palin's husband is such a sissy boy it might only be a shade wrong in my imaginary world.:crazy:

I did not know about the construction. I was getting at Mrs. Palin having you walk around in a french maid outfit, pointing at crumbs with her high-heel shoes and saying, "Pick it up...NOW!" Kind of barbaric, yet refined all at the same time. I would be the first at the house and the last one to leave. I have no desire messing around with another man's woman, not will I ever feel that way.

Harry

PS
After reading my comments I realized something. I would have to fight Rocked out of the way to work and push him out the door on the way out.

Waterboy
05-04-2010, 11:36 AM
:cryin: Im BOY enough!!!:lol: Me and Sk8te, we the pool boys.... new siggy?

Bullitt
05-04-2010, 12:00 PM
You two can be pool boys, but I am not going to say where.

Harry

THE_JOKER
05-04-2010, 12:05 PM
I heard there both planning an act of crime purely to get caught an do the jail time....

Its true i seen them both last week buying a bar of soap.

pardonmyn00b
05-04-2010, 12:14 PM
I heard they practiced the shower scene several times already

The Stray Cat
05-04-2010, 12:29 PM
Well thats why they practice with powdered soap...it takes longer to pick up!:p

pardonmyn00b
05-04-2010, 12:30 PM
I real life LOL'd at that

THE_JOKER
05-04-2010, 12:41 PM
Prisoner: “Look here, doctor! You've already removed my spleen, tonsils, adenoids, and one of my kidneys. I only came to see if you could get me out of this place!”

Doctor: “I am... bit by bit!”

Sorry, just had to get it off the gay track slightly before Rag came in with that hammer :lol:

THE_JOKER
05-04-2010, 12:44 PM
Going back on what i just did with this one...

A prisoner escapes from his California prison where he had been kept for 15 years. as he runs away, he finds a house and breaks into it. He finds a young couple in bed. He gets the guy out of the bed, ties him up on a chair, ties up the woman to the bed and while he gets on top of her, he kisses her on the neck, then gets up, and goes to the bathroom.
While he is there, the husband tells his wife: "Listen, this guy is a prisoner, look at his clothes! He probably spent a lot of time in prison, and has not seen a woman in years. I saw the way he kissed your neck. If he wants sex, don't resist, don't complain, just do what he tells you, give him satisfaction. This guy must be dangerous, if he gets angry, he will kill us. Be strong, honey. I love you!"
To which the wife responds, "I am glad you think that way. Sure, he has not seen a woman in years, but he was not kissing my neck. He was whispering in my ear. He told me that he found you very sexy, and asked if we kept any Vaseline in the bathroom. Be strong honey. I love you too...!"

EDIT:

A boy and his father (new immigrants in Canada), were visiting a shopping centre. They were amazed by almost everything they saw, but especially by two shiny, silver walls that could move apart and back together again. The boy asked his father:
"What is this, Dad?" The father (never having seen an elevator) responded: "Son, I have never seen anything like this in my life, I don't know what it is."
While the boy and his father were watching wide-eyed, an old lady in a wheel chair rolled up to the moving walls and pressed a button. The walls opened and the lady rolled between them into a small room.
The walls closed and the boy and his father watched small circles of lights with numbers above the walls light up. They continued to watch the circles light up in the reverse direction.
The walls opened up again and a beautiful and atractive 24-year-old woman stepped out.
The father shouts to his son: "GO GET YOUR MOTHER!!!"

sk8te-penguin
05-04-2010, 12:46 PM
:rolling:

The Stray Cat
05-04-2010, 12:49 PM
LOL! JOker, on a side note don't worry your place in the world is reserved indefinitely for you, just so we're prepared for the end!

THE_JOKER
05-04-2010, 12:59 PM
lol good to hear Rock! :chug:

A young man was speeding down the freeway when he was pulled over by a police officer. The officer got out of his car and slowly walked to the young man's sports car. "I've been waiting for you aaaaaaall day," the officer said.

Immediately, the young man replied: "Well, I got here as fast as I could."

sk8te-penguin
05-04-2010, 01:06 PM
Bahahaha!!! I love that one Joker!!!

Ragnarok
05-04-2010, 03:31 PM
:blink: Wow. :lol:

I'll try a couple…

A woman goes to a psychiatrist to get help for her husband.

Doc: "What seems to be the problem?"
Woman: "My husband thinks he's a dog. He scratches himself constantly and tries to drink out of the toilet."
Doc: "I've never seen this before. Let's try these."

The psychiatrist prescribes some behavior-modifying drugs and tells them to come back in a month. At their next visit, the woman is even more concerned.

Woman: "Doctor, it's getting worse. Now he's chasing cars and he tried to bite the mailman."
Doc: "Let's try something even more drastic."

More pills, and again an appointment for a month later.

One week before their next appointment, the woman calls the psychiatrist's office.

Woman: "Doctor, we won't be needing to see you again."
Doctor: "Really? Is your husband showing signs of improvement?"
Woman: "No. He died last week."
Doctor: "Oh no, that's terrible! What happened?"
Woman: "Well, he was trying to lick his butt, rolled off the couch and broke his neck."

A man is having problems with his skin sagging, so he sees a plastic surgeon about it.

Man: "Doc, my skin is sagging all over me. Can you help me?"
Surgeon: "Sure, we'll schedule a face lift"

Shortly after the face lift, the man's skin begins to sag like it did before. They repeat the process, and again the same results. Finally, the plastic surgeon has an idea.

Surgeon: "What's happening is your skin is just growing too fast. Here's what you do: take the skin at the top of your head and just pull up and tie it in a knot. As your skin starts to sag, just pull it up some more and tie that off.
Man: "Okay, doc."

Several months later, the man sees the plastic surgeon for a checkup and is much more positive than the last time they met.

Man: "Doc, I'm so thrilled. It really seems to be working."
Surgeon: "While I'm pleased you're happy, I'm also concerned with what I'm seeing. You've pulled your skin up so far, your navel is on your chin."
Man: "Yeah, but dig this crazy necktie."

Don't blame me for these. They're jokes my dad told me. :crazy:

PS: Todd Palin ain't a sissy-boy. Iron Dog veteran (that's a tough race), commercial fisherman and North Slope-worker (that's oil rig workin'). He's just usually in the background.

Bullitt
05-04-2010, 07:53 PM
Rag-that last joke is my new favorite :nice:

Harry

The Stray Cat
05-04-2010, 09:08 PM
Nice Jokes boys,

Rag simply meant he lets Sarah wear the pants while he wears the Boat shoes!

Ragnarok
05-04-2010, 09:13 PM
Yeah, I'd say that's a pretty fair assessment. :nice: She's not my type, personally. She got to where she is by being ambitious and aggressive, which is fine - you need both to get anywhere in politics.

But I'm more comfortable with strong-yet-humble girls. I'm easily intimidated (not dominated - there is a difference), particularly if the young woman is really cute. I don't like to be intimidating myself, and I don't like it from other people, particularly someone with whom I have a strong emotional connection.

Bullitt
05-04-2010, 09:22 PM
I have one and please take no offense. It is only a joke.

This joke involves an Aggie, but I am sure you can put anything you want in his place. An Aggie is a Texas A&M alum, known to be very smart, but are often called stupid by alums of different universities.

An Aggie walks into a bar and orders a beer and starts talking to a man he had never seen in the local bar. The Aggie asks the stranger what is doing in town. The stranger replies, "I am giving a lecture to a class called Deductive Reasoning." "Deductive Reasoning? What in the world is that?" says the Aggie. The stranger says, "Well let me give you an example. Do you have a dog?" The Aggie nods his head. The stranger then says, "Since you have a dog you probably have a lawn." The Aggie says yes. So the stranger continues and says, "Well since you have a lawn I bet you have a house." The Aggie nods his head. The stranger says, "Well if you have a house, I deduce you have kids." The Aggie is amazed and says yes. "So, if you have kids, then you must have a wife," says the stranger. "Exactly!" replies the Aggie. And if you have a wife, then you're not gay, right? asks the stranger. The Aggie is amazed at what this stranger did, so the next day he is talking to his neighbor, and asks him if he has a dog. The neighbor answers, "No." So the Aggie says, "Queer."

One of my favorites.

Harry

Ragnarok
05-04-2010, 09:24 PM

The Stray Cat
05-04-2010, 09:30 PM
Good one Harry! Hey how's the little one coming with her ears? She is Emma right?

Bullitt
05-04-2010, 09:37 PM
Yes, little miss Emma. She is squealing louder than ever. She will go in a room squealing away, grinning from ear to ear. I was cleaning the mess off of the floor tonight and she came running in squealing with delight. I have not heard a piercing sound like that in a really long time. She is feeling a lot better and it is making both of us (the missus) very happy. Jackson turns 5 tomorrow and he asked if we could go out to dinner. We said yes and it would be his choice. He asked if we could go to Dairy Queen. He is just like me. Wants his little bit of Americana when he can get a chance.

Thanks for asking

Harry

The Stray Cat
05-04-2010, 09:45 PM
My oldest Daughter with my current wife, is named Emma she'll be 11 in July UGH! I wish we had DQs up here, well we do theya re just few and far between.

Ragnarok
05-04-2010, 09:47 PM
All of the Dairy Queens moved out of AK in the late-ish 80's and came back in the last couple of years or so. Wasilla's opened last summer. My sister-in-law had her birthday last Sunday and we got her an Oreo Blizzard ice-cream cake.

Bullitt
05-04-2010, 09:57 PM
we have two here in town and we only have a population of 14k. Two much smaller towns to our north and south both have DQs. Only one Whataburger in our county, but 4 DQs.

Harry

pardonmyn00b
05-04-2010, 10:00 PM
We have DQ's in just about every city round here

Bullitt
05-04-2010, 10:15 PM
Well evidently it sucks to be in New York and Alaska. LOL

Harry

pardonmyn00b
05-04-2010, 10:21 PM
True story. I was in line at DQ so I was flipping through the cake book to pass the time. Saw an image that made me LOL, took a picture of it with my phone and got it tattooed on my arm. I'm a failure.

Ragnarok
05-04-2010, 10:33 PM
I hope it wasn't this bad…
The above image is sad on several points. One, it seems "in memory of" would indicate she's passed away. Two, the art is terrible. Three, combining points One and Two, and you have an indelible image on someone's body of their lost loved-one that's so poorly rendered that it can't be removed or fixed to honor her properly.

pardonmyn00b
05-04-2010, 10:36 PM
haha, I would never get a persons face. They look bad 99% of the time

Epic lulz. All I wanted for my birthday was the cake with this on it and I didn't even get that.
http://i44.tinypic.com/1mds2.jpg

THE_JOKER
05-05-2010, 02:02 AM
W T F

As for yours Rag, if that is indeed a memory for her passing, that sucks big time!! would have looked better if he glued the picture to his arm instead, just looks like a picture of disrespect on his arm now.

Waterboy
05-05-2010, 08:22 AM
WHOAH. What did i miss??

The Stray Cat
05-05-2010, 08:35 AM
I'd cut my arm off if that was there!

Ragnarok
05-05-2010, 08:49 AM
The dragon tattoo is actually pretty cool. :lol:

Waterboy
05-05-2010, 08:53 AM
So all i missed was ugly tattoos?:huh:

The Stray Cat
05-05-2010, 08:58 AM
The dragon tattoo is actually pretty cool. :lol:

I agree with that! But that face is OMG! Scary!:puke:

Ragnarok
05-05-2010, 09:02 AM
Do a search and you'll probably find more than one person that has this dragon tattooed on them somewhere.

I love Strong Bad! :rolling:

pardonmyn00b
05-05-2010, 10:31 AM
So all i missed was ugly tattoos?:huh:

Are you saying my dragon tat is ugly?

TROGDOR!!!

Waterboy
05-05-2010, 10:47 AM
No. It is cute.

Well ill put a tattoo on yo tattoo so you can look at yo tat while you look at yo tat:excited:

Bullitt
05-05-2010, 12:07 PM
After 4 days of my bumper sitting in a small bottle filled with a whole package of rit black dye and about a half liter of water, I pulled the bumper out. Much to my surprise, the bumper is light-purple.

Harry

jake10684
05-05-2010, 12:19 PM
After 4 days of my bumper sitting in a small bottle filled with a whole package of rit black dye and about a half liter of water, I pulled the bumper out. Much to my surprise, the bumper is light-purple.

Harry

I think that stuff needs heat to work quickly. Not tons of heat, but just enough to excite the molecules in the plastic to allow the dye molecules room to bond.

The Stray Cat
05-05-2010, 12:30 PM
Unfortuantley Harry someitmes this happens, But you should be able to rinse it, Use Hot tap water and another pack of dye and darken it to black.

THE_JOKER
05-05-2010, 02:34 PM
All the greatest hits for that special someone, with such favorites as:

1) Im forever blowing bubbles.
2) Lay back an take it Jack.
3) Ride Sally.
4) YMCA club feat: DJ Wrong place,wrong time.
5) Take It Like A Man.
6) The Ugly Twins feat: Drugged An Gagged Blind Guy.
7) Gruesome Twosome Remix by: DJ Desperate Dan.
8) Wouldnt Touch It With A Stolen Dixie.

And many more, all for the low low price of only $9,999,999,99c

Order now before stocks deplete!!!

To sweeten the deal, if you order now we'll throw in a free Bath Towel branded by the famous greek designer-Wipinas Aftascrub

Anyway, has anyone got or done a Kamtec 1/8th Anglia?? wondered about there dimensions as i fancied doing a drag type version.

Bullitt
05-05-2010, 02:42 PM
Funny you mention a project vehicular. I am contemplating asking for a RC18B2 for father's day and then mounting a Sand Scorcher body on it. Stretch the chassis like I did for the Camaro and using Buggy champ tires and wheels all the way around. I have a feeling it would be pretty randy.

Harry

THE_JOKER
05-05-2010, 02:47 PM
Funny you mention a project vehicular. I am contemplating asking for a RC18B2 for father's day and then mounting a Sand Scorcher body on it. Stretch the chassis like I did for the Camaro and using Buggy champ tires and wheels all the way around. I have a feeling it would be pretty randy.

Harry

Sounds it!, all the more reason to do it, dunno about you but i rarely do cars, in fact ive done 1 or 2 no more, i was thinking of doing one a while back but the guy Oggy showed me to was out of stock of what i wanted, i kinda forgot about it after that, i was looking at the anglia an thinking whether i could do it "Similar" to a '51 Mercury with styrene work. The front in the pic of it looks feasable, the bonnet would need to be raised ect, was just wondering if anyone had one is all, anyways what else you doing Harry??

jake10684
05-05-2010, 02:48 PM
Here's an off-topic question (lol...off topic in a thread with no topic): I had a very frustrating day at work today and even left early because of it. But has anyone ever had to work under someone they didn't respect? And how did you deal with it?

I'm not going to whine and complain because I know it's part of life. But I can't think of a single time where, even in the crappiest of jobs I've had, I didn't respect my direct report, so it's new territory for me, and I'd like to hear others stories.

THE_JOKER
05-05-2010, 02:53 PM
Here's an off-topic question (lol...off topic in a thread with no topic): I had a very frustrating day at work today and even left early because of it. But has anyone ever had to work under someone they didn't respect? And how did you deal with it?

I'm not going to whine and complain because I know it's part of life. But I can't think of a single time where, even in the crappiest of jobs I've had, I didn't respect my direct report, so it's new territory for me, and I'd like to hear others stories.

First guy i worked for was just like that, we worked next door to a place dealing in composites etc, i worked my a$$ off on my own in the body shop, while he worked next door on the sly pulling himself a nice double income in, then coming back an ranting at me for not getting 10 cars done a day on my own, he then went on holiday for 6 weeks, while he was away i took his job next door for more money an smiled at him when he got back.....

In your case though?? if you got another job lined up, drop him :lol: or breath an count to ten whichever takes your fancy.

jake10684
05-05-2010, 02:58 PM
First guy i worked for was just like that, we worked next door to a place dealing in composites etc, i worked my a$$ off on my own in the body shop, while he worked next door on the sly pulling himself a nice double income in, then coming back an ranting at me for not getting 10 cars done a day on my own, he then went on holiday for 6 weeks, while he was away i took his job next door for more money an smiled at him when he got back.....

In your case though?? if you got another job lined up, drop him :lol: or breath an count to ten whichever takes your fancy.

I wish it were as easy as going for another job. But it's hard to find good jobs in my line of work that pay what I'm used to. I think after a few conversations I've had with coworkers today, I've realized it's a shared feeling among most everyone in the office, including some of the higher-ups, and it's given me enough confidence that I think I'll be having a conversation with the next level up regarding this individual's work ethic. Or lack thereof. And other than the line of work, that sounds similar to my situation.

The Stray Cat
05-05-2010, 03:03 PM
Me I just took their jobs.

THE_JOKER
05-05-2010, 03:11 PM
Me I just took their jobs.

Nothing like climbing the corporate ladder with a club. :lol:

The Stray Cat
05-05-2010, 03:25 PM
I was taught in the Army blood makes the grass grow, and guts makes the grass green, so I figure taking out a few undesirabes on my climb to the top is actually environmentally good!

Look at that Joker 92 most post and I can be done, with Ford Pickups forever!

THE_JOKER
05-05-2010, 03:26 PM
Just watch what you stand in :lol:

Bullitt
05-05-2010, 04:02 PM

When your superior catches wind, you are going to be harassed big time by him. Lies will be told and the back-stabbing will begin. If you are going to tell the higher-ups, have documentation to back up your facts because then it is your word vs. his. When the axe is thrown and and the cards are on the table, work your butt off and prove to everyone from the brass to the janitor that you are who you say you are and that you are worthy of a promotion, or at least to keep your job.

Hope this helps,
Harry

Bullitt
05-05-2010, 04:11 PM
Sounds it!, all the more reason to do it, dunno about you but i rarely do cars, in fact ive done 1 or 2 no more, i was thinking of doing one a while back but the guy Oggy showed me to was out of stock of what i wanted, i kinda forgot about it after that, i was looking at the anglia an thinking whether i could do it "Similar" to a '51 Mercury with styrene work. The front in the pic of it looks feasable, the bonnet would need to be raised ect, was just wondering if anyone had one is all, anyways what else you doing Harry??

I am sorry, I forgot to clarify. I will be using the fronts all the way around. There are a lot of builds that I would like to do, but I need a little more space for storage and more understanding wife. Here is what I am planning:

1) Trailer for the COE
2) Finish up the Hilux
3) Getting my Camaro again (this time by buying it from DKV when he gets tired of it
4) Scrambler body for my Hilux
5) XC based 2wd 1980 GMC Indy Hauler (Cannonball run Dually)
6) Belly tank roadster

I am also thinking about starting custom builds for people. I just need to find a market that I like and what people like.

That is what I am up to in a nut shell.

Harry

jake10684
05-05-2010, 04:42 PM
When your superior catches wind, you are going to be harassed big time by him. Lies will be told and the back-stabbing will begin. If you are going to tell the higher-ups, have documentation to back up your facts because then it is your word vs. his. When the axe is thrown and and the cards are on the table, work your butt off and prove to everyone from the brass to the janitor that you are who you say you are and that you are worthy of a promotion, or at least to keep your job.

Hope this helps,
Harry

You're right about that, for sure. I'm not planning on doing it immediately. I'm far too careful to just jump in to something like this. It could be months before I'm ready to escalate this, but it's definitely something that's gaining momentum. Thanks for the tips.

Waterboy
05-05-2010, 04:44 PM
Listen to this guys:

Ok so im driving my Fj along, and i remember LR3's thread about some scalers making thier way up a Mile high mountain. So theres a 1000 foot mountain right by my RV so i decide to make the trek. About half way up im trying to climb this section that has loose dirt, and my tires are spinning. (Now this mountain is about a 30-35 degree angle) All the wheight shifts to the back, and my CR-01 starts falling over backwards.. and goes flying about 30 feet down the mountain.:banghead: Luckily my newly painted FJ body was sitting on the chassis via velcro, so it it fell off the first time it rolled:o But, my cr-01 is doing flips through the air and theres boulders everywhere. Let me just say it was an "OH SH*T!!" moment:lol: And thankfully nothing broke, just a link popped off.

That was the excitement of my day.

LR3
05-05-2010, 05:19 PM
Listen to this guys:

Ok so im driving my Fj along, and i remember LR3's thread about some scalers making thier way up a Mile high mountain. So theres a 1000 foot mountain right by my RV so i decide to make the trek. About half way up im trying to climb this section that has loose dirt, and my tires are spinning. (Now this mountain is about a 30-35 degree angle) All the wheight shifts to the back, and my CR-01 starts falling over backwards.. and goes flying about 30 feet down the mountain.:banghead: Luckily my newly painted FJ body was sitting on the chassis via velcro, so it it fell off the first time it rolled:o But, my cr-01 is doing flips through the air and theres boulders everywhere. Let me just say it was an "OH SH*T!!" moment:lol: And thankfully nothing broke, just a link popped off.

That was the excitement of my day.
Nice, I have only had one OH SH*T moments and that is when the first grader who is in a few of my videos threw a rock into the mud puddle spraying mud and grass onto my camera(which killed it) and he sat on the CC. The rear 4 link made funny noise when he went down but it was fine. Olivers a fighter lol

Bullitt
05-05-2010, 09:00 PM
tap, tap tap. this thing on?

Harry

igotit
05-05-2010, 09:16 PM
really......is 242 pages needed?

nice going guys :beer&buddy:

this post is a great example of the clear communication that we use here!

Keith if want to banned by making bad choice life I know axles were sold to rangerboy but I receive another payment for the rtr jeep bigfoot to another paypal account be4 I receiver rangerboy payment . Plus ask my old brother for help he said return payment to rangerboy .

Bullitt
05-05-2010, 09:37 PM
Unfortuantley Harry someitmes this happens, But you should be able to rinse it, Use Hot tap water and another pack of dye and darken it to black.

...or I can take out the can of Krylon fusion flat black paint and be done with it. When it gets scraped, I will touch it up again. It is drying right now. I also put another coat of paint on the cab before I fit the dash :rant: Now I need to wait for an hour before I can go back out in the garage.

Harry

The Stray Cat
05-05-2010, 10:16 PM
Krylon Fusion ROCKS!!

Ragnarok
05-05-2010, 10:32 PM
Jazz Fusion SUCKS!

Gentlemen.

The Stray Cat
05-05-2010, 10:44 PM
Rag.

Whats up my brother from another mother?

Bullitt
05-05-2010, 10:44 PM
Well, the Spurs lost...Again!

The Stray Cat
05-05-2010, 10:46 PM
well now they know how I feel!:banana:

Bullitt
05-05-2010, 10:58 PM
put the second coat on the bumper pieces and ground down the dash. Now I just need to figure out how I am going to put it all in the cab.

Harry

THE_JOKER
05-06-2010, 01:16 AM
I am sorry, I forgot to clarify. I will be using the fronts all the way around. There are a lot of builds that I would like to do, but I need a little more space for storage and more understanding wife. Here is what I am planning:

1) Trailer for the COE
2) Finish up the Hilux
3) Getting my Camaro again (this time by buying it from DKV when he gets tired of it
4) Scrambler body for my Hilux
5) XC based 2wd 1980 GMC Indy Hauler (Cannonball run Dually)
6) Belly tank roadster

I am also thinking about starting custom builds for people. I just need to find a market that I like and what people like.

That is what I am up to in a nut shell.

Harry

Yeah i seen how DKV said "Dont worry, you will get your baby back" :lol: hope you get reunited with it bud, was a real nice Camaro.

I like the sound of the COE trailer (Also a crackin build) i also like the sound of the Indy Hauler an the Roadster, an what with the great work you put out im sure you would have no trouble in getting custom work orders, whats the saying? "If you build it, they will come" then again with the time it takes to build a one off, you may get backed up with orders pretty quickly.....

THE_JOKER
05-06-2010, 01:23 AM
Krylon Fusion ROCKS!!

Only tried the normal Krylon an that stuff was great! we dont get it anymore though, well not that i know of (well except for an airsoft shop up north but its the last of there stock) they say krylon fusion needs no primer right??? i dont get it, i sprayed the old stuff straight to bodies with no primer an its still stuck on to this day, no chips or peeling ect, dunno why they changed it really?

Well, the Spurs lost...Again!

Thought you meant you lost a spur gear lol

well now they know how I feel!:banana:

After reading this though im thinking its a sports thing...

Bullitt
05-06-2010, 05:35 AM
I really pace my self with my own builds, but when it comes to my kids legos, I rock right along. When you have "customers", the want it now. I assume that RC customers would be the same way. It would be a fun way to bring in some extra money to help fund these projects. I would just have to find that fine line between work and fun. If I get the Camaro back, it will be a joyous day here in Texas. I really hope DKV enjoys it while he has it though.

Harry

Harry

Bullitt
05-06-2010, 05:38 AM
Only tried the normal Krylon an that stuff was great! we dont get it anymore though, well not that i know of (well except for an airsoft shop up north but its the last of there stock) they say krylon fusion needs no primer right??? i dont get it, i sprayed the old stuff straight to bodies with no primer an its still stuck on to this day, no chips or peeling ect, dunno why they changed it really?

I used to use all of the automotive spray paints and got burned on a gold color. I made the switch to krylon and I have not looked back. I heard everyone talking about fusion so I tried it. Funny but true. If you use regular krylon primer for a base, regular krylon will go right over it. If you want to use Fusion, you have to sand first or you will have a mess.

Harry

The Stray Cat
05-06-2010, 07:25 AM
The real difference between Krylon and Krylon fusion is they have added a chemical that adheres to plastics better than regular, not that the regular didn't work. They main focus was on light plastics though like those they use in blow mold toys, like little tykes houses and such.

Bullitt
05-06-2010, 09:20 AM
I just looked back on my list and I did not see the Bug. I need to add a baja bug in there. something like this

http://www.flickr.com/photos/mr38/1374971516/

Harry

Waterboy
05-06-2010, 10:11 AM
^That things Sweet!

Are you gonna build one?^_^

The Stray Cat
05-06-2010, 10:18 AM
^That things Sweet!

Are you gonna build one?^_^

No he's hoping it'll build itself, thats why he added last to his I wanna build list.....Here's your sign.

Hello, McFly knock, knock!:whip:

Bullitt
05-06-2010, 10:20 AM
OK smarta$$- they will all be built, but some may be built to sell. This one will be for me. It will probably be on the top of my list.

Harry

Bullitt
05-06-2010, 02:36 PM
Just got back from a funeral for a Korean war veteran. My first full military honors funeral and it was going really well, until the local group that was doing it, forgot to load the guns.

Double face palms were in order, but I stood straight and waited until one of the guys went back to the truck, got the bullets, loaded the guns, and went forward.

Harry

Ragnarok
05-07-2010, 12:00 AM
Uniforms? Check!
Weapons? Check!
Fail? Check!

Wooly bully…wooly bully.

In the "Probably nobody else cares about this, but it's okay" column, with things being uncertain with the business (still have faith things are going to work out), I've decided that my computer scratch-build recase idea is going to have to be deep-sixed. The case I have currently still has to be replaced, though, because of some issues I have with it, one of which is a part that got stressed when I dismantled it for painting. When I move the case, the plastic face bulkhead immediately works loose from the chassis, and it's a total pain to try to reattach. The other is the paint isn't staying adhered to the metal very well. That's mostly my fault, I'm sure. The last thing that bugs me about it are the doors. They look cool, but swinging aside two near-useless guard doors just to open the drive tray is silly. I feel bad that I need to replace the case at all. I'm not sure how I'd go about fixing the bulkhead issue, and the paint would require scouring the paint down to bare metal and doing it all over again. I just don't think it's worth the effort and I don't want to buy another case of the same make/model based on my experience with this one so far.

So I'm going to transplant the guts of this into one of two cases that I've settled on. I'm looking at the NZXT Panzerbox or the NZXT Tempest Evo. The Panzerbox is 100% aluminum and has a novel PSU placement that allows the case to be more compact in height and width by transposing the extra inches to its width. It's very unassuming looking, too. The Tempest Evo's pluses include room for 8 HDs and will work with E-ATX motherboards. If I decide to move to a workstation-class mobo, I have a case that will work from the get-go. I don't like look of the little side panel fan, though. I might mod a 200 or 240mm fan on there, but based on the reviews the case works awesome as-is and I won't make it a priority.

Both of these cases are simpler looking than my Thermaltake Armor + 8000. I don't have the motivation to include pics, so I'll just link to their respective product pages for those that are interested. Panzerbox (http://www.nzxt.com/new/product_detail.php?series_name=Aluminum+Chassis&series=10&id=32) and Tempest Evo (http://www.nzxt.com/new/product_detail.php?series_name=Crafted+Series&series=&id=43).

To make the machine a bit more portable in the case of emergency I'm going to have one of these on it --> http://www.geargrip.com/details_ggg2.php?UID=21270470604be3acb224a0d They sometimes call them LAN Straps, I think. They also make them for LCDs and I might get one of those as well.

I like the proportions of the Panzerbox more, but the Tempest Evo is a little flashier and it's more functional from an expansion perspective. Hard to decide.

Bullitt
05-07-2010, 12:15 AM
Well crap! My brother David passed out this afternoon. He found himself lying on the floor with a major bump on the head, bruises on his arm, and a short term loss of memory. He came to and called his wife to take him to the local hospital. They called MD Andersen to see what to do for him. MDA told the local hospital to put him in a ambulance and get him to Houston. I am now in the ER waiting room wondering what is next. If there was any positive thing out of this, it was that I got to drive his wife and daughter to Houston from Beeville. I drove behind the ambulance doing 80-85mph for nearly 200 miles. I would appreciate any extra prayers that you can send his way.

Thanks fellas,
Harry

Ragnarok
05-07-2010, 12:19 AM
Holy cow! Prayers sent, man.

Bullitt
05-07-2010, 12:38 AM
Funny Rag, I did not get a PM. I guess your prayers wentto a higher authority. Thanks bud.

Harry

Oggy
05-07-2010, 01:39 AM
i'll say some prayers for your family

Spoon37
05-07-2010, 06:45 AM
:eek: Hope your bro is ok Bullitt!

in far far less important matters, I have an NZXT case Rag - the now quite old NZXT zero, its quite solidly built and I am pleased with it - but the instructions came in french and some of the bits you have to remove from shipping werent entirely obvious, but it worked out in the end. Only lasting problem I have is my PSU is quite large and I had to remove the ceiling fan to get it to fit, I suppose I could rig something up with an external fan and some spacers but the rest of the case looks so slick and that would look like junk.

:banana:

The Stray Cat
05-07-2010, 07:16 AM
Harry I'll say some preyers for ya, and keep your Bro and his fam in my thoughts.

Bullitt
05-07-2010, 09:14 AM
David's scans came back with good results, so now more testing. I think he had a seizure yesterday. He told the doctor that after he came to, his right arm was shaking. He had the surgery last month to remove the two tumors in his head and that went great. A week later, he had to go back because his skull was leaking air causing more pressure than the tumors. They fixed that and all was good. He had the gamma knife procedure done last week to remove a spot in the back of his head last week. All was going after that until yesterday. With all of the surgery he has had lately, the doctors are supprised that he has not had a seizure. I will keep y'all posted.

Ragnarok
05-07-2010, 09:25 AM
Funny Rag, I did not get a PM. I guess your prayers wentto a higher authority. Thanks bud.

HarryYup. :nice:

David's scans came back with good results, so now more testing. I think he had a seizure yesterday. He told the doctor that after he came to, his right arm was shaking. He had the surgery last month to remove the two tumors in his head and that went great. A week later, he had to go back because his skull was leaking air causing more pressure than the tumors. They fixed that and all was good. He had the gamma knife procedure done last week to remove a spot in the back of his head last week. All was going after that until yesterday. With all of the surgery he has had lately, the doctors are supprised that he has not had a seizure. I will keep y'all posted.
My gosh, he's gone through a lot. It's amazing what the body can tolerate and still function. I'm relieved to read that his newest tests are looking good so far. Is there anyone that's able to hang around to keep an eye on him during this recovery period to make sure he doesn't get injured should he have another seizure?

(You posted before I got done with my post here, so I edited accordingly.)

in far far less important matters, I have an NZXT case Rag - the now quite old NZXT zero, its quite solidly built and I am pleased with it - but the instructions came in french and some of the bits you have to remove from shipping werent entirely obvious, but it worked out in the end. Only lasting problem I have is my PSU is quite large and I had to remove the ceiling fan to get it to fit, I suppose I could rig something up with an external fan and some spacers but the rest of the case looks so slick and that would look like junk.

Yeah, the Zero is a good-looking case. With the two I've narrowed my choices down to, the Tempest Evo is a lot easier to find. The Panzerbox is incredibly popular and I don't understand why fewer and fewer retailers are carrying it. :thinking: I also had a third choice, the Coolermaster Storm Sniper, but the front of it is so fugly. The side profile and top look awesome, but the face…it needs help. A few pics of the Sniper Storm (all black version) and Tempest Evo for comparison below.

Coolermaster Storm Sniper Black…

NZXT Tempest Evo…

I'm a little wary of the Sniper case that I might run into a problem I had with my Armor case, being the motherboard compartment being too short to allow for my full-size graphics card. My TT Armor case was just a little too short, so I had to relocate the HDs up into the 5.25" bays with an adapter chassis. I'll do some scale measurements and see if the Sniper has the same thing going on. If it does, then my choice is simple - I go with the Tempest Evo.

In other unimportant news, I finally hit an even 40lbs of loss today. I have ten days until my birthday and I'm going to aim for another five.

THE_JOKER
05-07-2010, 09:51 AM
Storm sniper one looks ubernice!

EDIT: Good news on the weight loss bud, just dont let it go out the window an tuck into too much B/Day cake :drool:

Ragnarok
05-07-2010, 09:57 AM
No burfday cake for me. Not sure what I'm doing, to be honest. Sugar-free pudding maybe?

The Sniper's advantages include its integrated handle (but it would require a two-handed carry and I need to do it with one, so maybe not an advantage), tool-free HD installation, and it's packing two big 200mm fans + a 120 instead of an army of 120s. Looking at them head-on the Tempest has it beat, though.

http://hvx-rc.com/forumstuff/emo/emo-conflicted.gif

Well, according to the image below, with accuracy that is surely suspect, I've concluded that the Sniper actually has slightly more room for graphics cards in it than the Tempest. I scaled 12.75" on the Tempest and a hair more than 13" on the Sniper.

Measuring out on my current case, my tape here shows that the video card needs about 11" to the hard drive power and data cables to make sure there's some wiggle room. The card itself is 10.5" long, but that extra half inch would be nice so that extraction or installation goes without a fuss. Now with the Tempest, the HDs will probably stick out the back of their cages a bit, and without seeing anything installed it's hard to know how far they do come out. I'm going to run around on Bit-Tech and [H]ard Forum to find guys that have this case and see what their setup is like.

Bullitt
05-07-2010, 11:40 AM
Hey Rag! Killer cases. Is it your b-day? If so, I will send you a pm wishing you a happy birthday and I hope that this year will be better than the last year. That is what the PM said.

You got PM,
Harry

Ragnarok
05-07-2010, 11:42 AM
Naw, in ten days. :p You'll see my name down in the burpday list two Mondays from now.

Bullitt
05-07-2010, 12:20 PM
Cool- I thought you were one of the types that did not post your birthday. I did check.

Harry

Ragnarok
05-07-2010, 12:30 PM
Yeah, just not my age. :nice:

Oggy
05-07-2010, 01:01 PM
Yeah, just not my age. :nice:

how old are you :cheese:

Ragnarok
05-07-2010, 01:01 PM
how old are you :cheese:
Old enough to know the difference between Shinola and that other stuff. :nice: (I'll be 34.)

Okay, I've watched some YT video reviews and read a lot of user reviews - Sniper it is. The HD mounting system and slightly longer motherboard compartment is what won me over. Look in the next week or two for a lot of stuff from me in the BST and eBay forum. :wave:

Bullitt
05-07-2010, 01:35 PM
Old enough to know the difference between Shinola and that other stuff. :nice: (I'll be 34.)

Okay, I've watched some YT video reviews and read a lot of user reviews - Sniper it is. The HD mounting system and slightly longer motherboard compartment is what won me over. Look in the next week or two for a lot of stuff from me in the BST and eBay forum. :wave:

Damn, now I feel old at 36.

And a heads up Rag. Computer stuff on BST will result in :whip:

Harry

Ragnarok
05-07-2010, 01:39 PM
Two things:

1) It will be RC stuff to pay for PC stuff.
2) I outrank you, soldier. :cop:

Bullitt
05-07-2010, 02:06 PM
Two things:

1) It will be RC stuff to pay for PC stuff.
2) I outrank you, soldier. :cop:

I wondered why I kept getting booted out when I tried to swing some hammers. :rolling:

The Stray Cat
05-07-2010, 02:17 PM
Harry if you're old at 36 then I'm really old at 37 LOL! I see how this site goes now with the Mods and Admins, they are just like our Government, do what ever they want and live above the law!:D:smackbutt:

jeffro
05-07-2010, 02:21 PM
You goll dang kids, I just ordered my walker :D

The Stray Cat
05-07-2010, 02:24 PM
You goll dang kids, I just ordered my walker :D

That just reminded me of the end of every Scooby Doo toon, I'd gotten away with if it wasn't for those meddling kids and their dog!

http://i726.photobucket.com/albums/ww268/MGxRF/TheMysteryGang.png

jeffro
05-07-2010, 02:29 PM
That just reminded me of the end of every Scooby Doo toon, I'd gotten away with if it wasn't for those meddling kids and their dog!

http://i726.photobucket.com/albums/ww268/MGxRF/TheMysteryGang.png

That was one of my favorite cartoons when I was a kid, Can't forget SpaceGhost and Johnny Quest, Bugs Bunny and Co. etc...

The Stray Cat
05-07-2010, 02:41 PM
That was one of my favorite cartoons when I was a kid, Can't forget SpaceGhost and Johnny Quest, Bugs Bunny and Co. etc...

I have a huge collection of Scooby Doo DVDs and I loved Space Ghost when i was a kid.

pardonmyn00b
05-07-2010, 03:41 PM
I was not a fan of Scrappy Doo

The Stray Cat
05-07-2010, 08:59 PM
I was not a fan of Scrappy Doo

nobody really liked Scrappy, that's why in the first live action film Scrappy ended being the bad guy.

Ragnarok
05-07-2010, 09:13 PM
Ya can't spell "Scrappy" without…"crappy." I wasn't a fan of any of the H-B cartoons, but that's just me.

THE_JOKER
05-08-2010, 01:12 AM
Awwwww Raggy! (Scooby doo impression)

Ragnarok
05-08-2010, 10:28 AM
Hit FoxNews this morning to see that one of our clients passed away last night. :(

http://www.foxnews.com/politics/2010/05/08/nixon-cabinet-member-walter-hickel-dies

He was Governor of Alaska twice. His first time as governor, his term was interrupted by being brought into the Nixon administration as the Sec. of Interior. He later resigned because he objected to Nixon's handling of Vietnam War protesters. He won it again a long time afterward in 1990.

It was only a couple of weeks ago that we heard he had gone into an assisted living facility. I don't know when he went in. He celebrated his 90th only recently. He was an amazing individual.

Bullitt
05-10-2010, 05:21 AM
Well my brother came home from the hospital yesterday and he had not had a seizure since Thursday. He was complaining that he has been very tired after the surgery to repair the air leak and the doctors now feel that he was suffering from mini-seizures. So small that he did not notice, but large enough that he would feel the wiped out. He is now on an anti-seizure medication and hopefully he will be on a forward track to getting this crap beat.

Thanks for the pick-me-ups the other day. I needed that.

Harry

THE_JOKER
05-10-2010, 07:07 AM
Some better news there Harry, i wish him all the best on a smooth recovery! :chug:

The Stray Cat
05-10-2010, 07:24 AM
Great to hear that Harry,
We'll still keep our thoughts with him for you!

Waterboy
05-10-2010, 08:28 AM
Raggy Raggy Roo!

The Stray Cat
05-10-2010, 08:35 AM
Raggy Raggy Roo!

Someone should beat you like the bad puppy you are!:smackbutt::whip::lolbeat::bs2:

Spoon37
05-10-2010, 08:46 AM
Raggy Raggy Roo!

:bs2:

Well my brother came home from the hospital yesterday and he had not had a seizure since Thursday. He was complaining that he has been very tired after the surgery to repair the air leak and the doctors now feel that he was suffering from mini-seizures. So small that he did not notice, but large enough that he would feel the wiped out. He is now on an anti-seizure medication and hopefully he will be on a forward track to getting this crap beat.

Thanks for the pick-me-ups the other day. I needed that.

Harry

Thats good news I guess - Hopefully he makes a full recovery :nice:

I didnt want to say too much earlier but I have lost family members in similar circumstances, my mother died of a brain tumour in 2006 for example, first we knew about it was she collapsed and was complaining of tiredness/lack of energy. Unluckily for us it was one of those 'if it had been disagnosed earlier...' type of things.

The Stray Cat
05-10-2010, 09:16 AM
Rag...or anyone else interested... A wee bit of Star Wars trivia.

What was the original name that Luke Skywalker was to be called?

Who was the original concept Han Solo modeled after?

Ragnarok
05-10-2010, 10:11 AM
Bullitt: Fingers and toes crossed your bro is on the mend. :nice:
Waterboy: Indeed. :blink: :lol:
Spoon: I remember you telling us mods/admins shortly after it happened. :( I hope your family is hanging in there.
RockEd Out: A) Starkiller. B) Dunno. I do remember that Chewbacca was going to be female at one point.

The Stray Cat
05-10-2010, 10:16 AM
Bullitt: Fingers and toes crossed your bro is on the mend. :nice:
Waterboy: Indeed. :blink: :lol:
Spoon: I remember you telling us mods/admins shortly after it happened. :( I hope your family is hanging in there.
RockEd Out: A) Starkiller. B) Dunno. I do remember that Chewbacca was going to be female at one point.

Rag, A. yes Deak Starkiller, B. McQuarry original concept drawings have Han solo as a George lucas look alike!:puke: WTF! Yes Chewy, C3PO and Luke were at one point r another in pre-production discussed as being female characters.

Oh and Spoon sorry to hear that about your family bud.

Ragnarok
05-10-2010, 10:27 AM
Didn't know about the "Deak" first name part. :blink: Just found this link that kinda goes into it… http://starwars.wikia.com/wiki/Deacon

I'll tell ya, some of the first ideas that were in early versions of his screenplay would have been monumentally sucktastic had they been implemented in the final film.

The Stray Cat
05-10-2010, 10:29 AM
Lucas had some crazy initial ideas for his movie, I am so glad he changed the majority of his ideas though!

Ragnarok
05-10-2010, 10:33 AM
He saved us from Space Hobbits and Wookie Boobs.

The Stray Cat
05-10-2010, 10:37 AM
He saved us from Space Hobbits and Wookie Boobs.

That's all the movie would've needed, sexual tension between Han Lucas and and a Female Sasquatch. Must be where T. Burton got the idea for his PotA remake!:banana:

Ragnarok
05-10-2010, 10:39 AM
Yup. Add that "she also kinda looked like Michael Jackson" factor to the mix of the Planet of the Apes remake and it's a total barf-maker. Bestiality ahoy!

The Stray Cat
05-10-2010, 10:45 AM
Yup. Add that "she also kinda looked like Michael Jackson" factor to the mix and it's a total barf-maker. Bestiality ahoy!

Never thought about that, but yes she did! There actually were some high points to that flick, but just as money Burton-ized WTF moments.

Ragnarok
05-10-2010, 11:35 AM
Wow, the forum went down for a while. :blink:

They're making a prequel to Planet of the Apes…and Weta is doing the VFX. :blink: It still begs the question, "why bother?"

Speaking of which, anyone seen Iron Meh 2 yet?

The Stray Cat
05-10-2010, 11:37 AM
Wow, the forum went down for a while. :blink:

They're making a prequel to Planet of the Apes…and Weta is doing the VFX. :blink: It still begs the question, "why bother?"

I'd like to see some movies from PotA, But I'd like them to just do updated versions of the originals. I loved PotA when I was kid, but the story lines then were better than the new one ever though of being.

Ragnarok
05-10-2010, 11:44 AM
I saw the old movies, too. The Burton flick, in some ways, was closer to the book, yet still was way off. I think the prequel will likely follow the Burton film instead of the originals. There was a prequel in that bunch o' flicks, too, but I can't remember the name of it. It was based on the first ape to revolt against humanity, thus establishing the overthrow of man.

Unfortunately, the whole thing serves a similar purpose that Avatar does. They're anti-human epithets designed to encourage self-loathing and undermine our divine imperative to progress. The sentiment argues that mankind is evil and therefore doesn't deserve to better itself, instead it should devolve into some kind of eco-based serfdom where we have no technology and no way of becoming even greater. Why? Because we eat other animals, have terrifying weapons to ensure peace and defend freedom, and we have our God-given free-agency - all things that dirt-eating, whale hugging, self-hating masochists desire to overthrow, and one-world-minded tyrants wish to exploit to gain power over everything that breathes.

The Stray Cat
05-10-2010, 11:46 AM
I saw the old movies, too. The Burton flick, in some ways, was closer to the book, yet still was way off. I think the prequel will likely follow the Burton film instead of the originals. There was a prequel in that bunch o' flicks, too, but I can't remember the name of it. It was based on the first ape to revolt against humanity, thus establishing the overthrow of man.

Unfortunately, the whole thing serves a similar purpose that Avatar does. They're anti-human epithets designed to encourage self-loathing and undermine our divine imperative to progress.

Well at least there wasn't any inter-species love or sexual tension in the original PotA, unlike the new one and Avatar.

Ragnarok
05-10-2010, 11:54 AM
Charleton Heston did kiss Zira in the first one, but there wasn't any romantic thing behind it. More of a show of gratitude, I would say. Plus, she was mildly disgusted at the gesture. (Although, I'm sure that Roddy McDowall was wondering where his was.) But, holy cow, Heston had Nova! Who would want to do the Dirty Chiquita with a tick-picking, crap-throwing bonobo when you had Linda Harrison to look forward to? Maybe Burton did? :eek:

The Stray Cat
05-10-2010, 12:28 PM
True, but I think all the "feelings" between any of the Astronauts and the Apes especially Heston was a mutual respect not romantic in nature. Hey Zira was good looking wild lady, at least she didn't have hair on her legs, or all over her body for that matter!:rolling:

Ragnarok
05-10-2010, 12:43 PM
Zira was the female chimp played by Kim Hunter, and yeah she did have hair all over. The awesome-yet-sadly-mute nubile young goddess was Nova.

61792 …Zira (Kim Hunter) = :nono:

61793 …Nova (Linda Harrison) = :wub:

"Today on Know Your Monkey, our first contestant is RockEd Out."

:poke:

The Stray Cat
05-10-2010, 01:01 PM
That's right, Dang got zira and nova mixed up, don't know how!!!:lolbeat:

Anyway sadly, I think the way the originals were done as far as making the apes, more Human like was a better approach than the newer version. I did like the Chimps in the new one, but the whole thing with the Orangutan "almost" love scene and all that wer just beffuddling!

Ragnarok
05-10-2010, 01:13 PM
Yeah, the more human the apes were the greater the irony. In fact, the whole movie was made up of so much irony they should've just called the flippin' movie Irony, Man. The orangutan stuff in the recent one was just more kinked-out freakiness from our good friend Burton. If it ain't falling in love with corpses it's monkey porn.

IOU - one facepalm emoticon.

The Stray Cat
05-10-2010, 01:17 PM
Here Rag:

http://i113.photobucket.com/albums/n237/The_Doctor_Alt8/129069867644019597.jpg

Ragnarok
05-10-2010, 01:30 PM
Extreme Facepalming!

Lee
05-10-2010, 01:34 PM
rag, went to see iron man 2 yesterday. brilliant film, tony stark is alot more cocky in this one being as he managed 'world peace' so to speak. wont say much more, the acdc thing is abit over played mind, i only heard 3 of there songs i think?
still worth a watch and i think itd be good in 3d, as long as it was real 3d not just slightly modded like clash of the titans.

Ragnarok
05-10-2010, 01:41 PM
I'll probably get it when it hits video. I'm not a huge fan of Iron Man, but the first film was moderately entertaining. Got tired of his bed-surfing, though (and allusions to it) - the character is interesting enough without that. Theater visits costing what they do and the fact my fair city has what is essentially three classroom sized seating areas under one roof, it has to be something really special for me to go out of my way to see it. I still missed The Incredible Hulk, Transformers 2 and the last two parts of the Star Wars prequel trilogy in the theaters. Oh well. Tron: Legacy is the only one I'm thinking about going out to see this year.

The Stray Cat
05-10-2010, 01:51 PM
I'll be waiting for the blu ray release of this also. I am considering going to see RObin Hood this weekend, haven't decided yet.

Lee
05-10-2010, 02:27 PM
I'll be waiting for the blu ray release of this also. I am considering going to see RObin Hood this weekend, haven't decided yet.

My grandparents were on holiday in the place they filmed the scene with the horses on the beach in the surf.
one question.
i thought robin hood lived in the forest?
oggy lives in robin hood territory he should know.

The Stray Cat
05-10-2010, 02:33 PM
My grandparents were on holiday in the place they filmed the scene with the horses on the beach in the surf.
one question.
i thought robin hood lived in the forest?
oggy lives in robin hood territory he should know.

This is about Robin Hood before the legends, before he becaome the thief.

Lee
05-10-2010, 02:38 PM
ahh explains it then.

Waterboy
05-10-2010, 03:18 PM
what is robin hood? The name sounds familiar but i cant put a finger on it...

The Stray Cat
05-10-2010, 03:20 PM
what is robin hood? The name sounds familiar but i cant put a finger on it...

Are you serious? RObin Hood, rob fromthe rich, give to the poor, Robin Hood and his Merry Men, little John, Maid Marion, Nottingham, Sherwood forest......
anything... bueler.. bueler.. bueler.

THE_JOKER
05-10-2010, 03:25 PM
Robin Hood: Men In Tights was better, Blinkin the blind guy was great.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=7w94EUCvaKs

The Stray Cat
05-10-2010, 03:28 PM
Robin Hood: Men In Tights was better, Blinkin the blind guy was great.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=7w94EUCvaKs

For sure a good movie, but this new Robin Hood movie actually looks to get him aways from the corny, border line homosexual, green tight and booties look. Thanks god for that!:nice:

THE_JOKER
05-10-2010, 03:30 PM
For sure a good movie, but this new Robin Hood movie actually looks to get him aways from the corny, border line homosexual, green tight and booties look. Thanks god for that!:nice:

I reckon WB will disagree immensely on that one :lol:

THE_JOKER
05-10-2010, 03:34 PM
Kip time, take it easy Rock :chug:

Waterboy
05-10-2010, 04:56 PM
See ya joker, i still have nooo idea what your talking about:lol:

The Stray Cat
05-10-2010, 09:42 PM
See ya joker, i still have nooo idea what your talking about:lol:

If I lived close to you I'd walk over to your house and slap you for being stupid!:smackbutt::D

Bullitt
05-10-2010, 10:24 PM
I know this is way off topic, but I was listening to Pandora off of my iphone the other day while driving down the highway. East Bound and Down came on and I noticed that I started to drive faster. Has this ever happened to you?

Harry

Oggy
05-11-2010, 12:04 AM
same thing happens to me harry, if i put a meatloaf album on, as soon as bat out of hell starts, i start going faster.

same thing happens if i listen to any guns and roses album.

b.t.w. does anyone else have meatloafs latest album? i got the 2 disc version

The Stray Cat
05-11-2010, 07:18 AM
Happens to me Harry quite a bit, especially when songs like "Radar Love", or "Ballroom Blitz", or "Rock This TOwn" its funny how ya really don't even realize it.

Spoon37
05-11-2010, 08:53 AM
:lol: excuse me if I have a aslight antipathy towards meatloaf - I do like his music, but I inherited the nickname meatloaf in high school(I was fat and had long hair... <_<...still it was better than "mammoth").

I'm usually a rocker but I do find house of pain - jump around has this effect on me :lolbeat:

The Stray Cat
05-11-2010, 09:05 AM
:lol: excuse me if I have a aslight antipathy towards meatloaf - I do like his music, but I inherited the nickname meatloaf in high school(I was fat and had long hair... <_<...still it was better than "mammoth").

I'm usually a rocker but I do find house of pain - jump around has this effect on me :lolbeat:

Yep, I'm not a rap fan at all but House of Pain was pretty dang cool!

sk8te-penguin
05-11-2010, 09:10 AM
I'm not a rap fan.. But I dod like Eminem - without me. I can't help but liking it lol

Lee
05-11-2010, 10:54 AM
metal ftw. and drum n bass. and a lil dubstep... rap is cool too sometimes :p

sk8te-penguin
05-11-2010, 10:57 AM
Avenged Sevenfold FOR THE WIN!!!

Ragnarok
05-11-2010, 11:16 AM
I'm not a rap fan.. But I dod like Eminem - without me. I can't help but liking it lol

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=xH2gZUUMNao

reddevildemo
05-11-2010, 11:56 AM
I know this is way off topic, but I was listening to Pandora off of my iphone the other day while driving down the highway. East Bound and Down came on and I noticed that I started to drive faster. Has this ever happened to you?

Harry

Sorry I just had to laugh at that. After all, isn't this whole thread just one big off topic, topic? :lolbeat:

The Stray Cat
05-11-2010, 12:18 PM
Hey Demo, stay on topic...geez!!:lolbeat:

Bullitt
05-11-2010, 12:31 PM
Sorry I just had to laugh at that. After all, isn't this whole thread just one big off topic, topic? :lolbeat:

Well when the topic at the moment is RC, Avatar, movies, and you decide to jump the shark with another topic...you just derailed the thread.

Harry

reddevildemo
05-11-2010, 12:33 PM
LMAO, you guys crack me up. Thanks I needed it today.

The Stray Cat
05-11-2010, 12:45 PM
has anyone helped WB figure out who Robin Hood is yet? Its a sad state of America when our youth don't know great characters of legend and literature.

pardonmyn00b
05-11-2010, 01:04 PM
The world gets dumber and dumber every generation

The Stray Cat
05-11-2010, 01:16 PM
Unfortunately it isn't a matter of dumber and dumber, but lazier and lazier. Why bother reading, when you can see the movie, why go fising or hunting when I can do it from my livingroom and not get or dirty, why bother learning anyting, I can just look it up on my I phone, or wikipedia! Damn we're in for some bad times about 50 years from now. Im glad the world will be destroyed by then!

Oggy
05-11-2010, 01:19 PM
waterboy, this will explain who robin hood is, be careful it involves reading :crazy:

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Robin_hood

Oggy
05-11-2010, 01:21 PM
anyway, someone please tell me waterboy is joking, even in america is it possible to be over the age of 10 and not know who robin hood is?

most tourists here seem to be american or japanese

Oggy
05-11-2010, 01:23 PM
waterboy, one of my other hobbies is archery, and i live within the boundry of sherwood forest, thats why i have the robin hood reference

you do know what archery is dont you?

The Stray Cat
05-11-2010, 01:35 PM
Nice WIKI find Oggy! I think WB is serious about not knowing Robin Hood.

Lee
05-11-2010, 01:40 PM
shouldnt you copy and paste that really? :lol:

Oggy
05-11-2010, 01:43 PM
hey quit with the politics talk :cop::cop::cop::cop:

Lee
05-11-2010, 01:46 PM
sorry :(
so... i had some bacon this morning?

sk8te-penguin
05-11-2010, 01:59 PM
I had cereal =D

THE_JOKER
05-11-2010, 02:25 PM
Breakfast.....?.........the hell is that?

Music, anything from the 40's (dunno why but i love the oldies from wartime) most stuff from the early 80's, an some hiphop/rap.

Also if you havent done so already, you should watch Norman Wisdom movies, a true legend, Gent, An downright hilarious man :nice:

EDIT: WB dont even think about saying Who's Norman Wisdom?, else i'll personally buy a plane ticket, come over there an show you a new parking space for your Traxxas Slash.

The Stray Cat
05-11-2010, 02:30 PM
I dig music from the 40s and early 50s too.

Now who's Norman Wisdom???:boxin:

THE_JOKER
05-11-2010, 02:40 PM
No you didnt......

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=B0Mp4HC09S0&feature=related

The Stray Cat
05-11-2010, 02:42 PM
It was just a joke. Never really seen much of his stuff though, not as big in the states probably.

sk8te-penguin
05-11-2010, 02:46 PM
I have no idea who he is :confused:

Oggy
05-11-2010, 02:49 PM
I have no idea who he is :confused:

:bs2::bs2::bs2::nono::nono::nono::poke::poke::whip ::whip::whip::whip::whip:

THE_JOKER
05-11-2010, 02:49 PM
It was just a joke. Never really seen much of his stuff though, not as big in the states probably.

I know bud i know :lol: yeah he really is a fantastic guy! i think hes 92 now? he lives in a home due to his health ect but he still cracks the jokes an keeps them entertained lol

THE_JOKER
05-11-2010, 02:52 PM
Btw, had chance to do anymore to the rig Rock?

Oggy
05-11-2010, 02:53 PM
I know bud i know :lol: yeah he really is a fantastic guy! i think hes 92 now? he lives in a home due to his health ect but he still cracks the jokes an keeps them entertained lol

hes still huge in albania, they worship him like a god over there

THE_JOKER
05-11-2010, 02:56 PM
hes still huge in albania, they worship him like a god over there

I know mate, i bought his entire collection a few months back on dvd also, dissapeared for nearly a week watching them lol, had stomach pain from laughing at his stuff.

EDIT: Tell ya who reminds me of Norman.... Lee Evans, dunno why.

The Stray Cat
05-11-2010, 03:02 PM
I got the cab painted, just hate how it looks perfect then ya paint it and blamo tiny little imperfections show up. Started framing the front wall for the box too.

THE_JOKER
05-11-2010, 03:04 PM
I got the cab painted, just hate how it looks perfect then ya paint it and blamo tiny little imperfections show up. Started framing the front wall for the box too.

Know the feeling, painted some wheels today, prepped them an they were mint, gave it a couple coats an all was well, then on the final coat it was fine, i go away an come back to them 10mins later an theres some little marks, thought sod it i'll bolt 'em on anyway :lol:

So a respray in order for you then?? or is it a case of sand an blow it in?

The Stray Cat
05-11-2010, 03:16 PM
Know the feeling, painted some wheels today, prepped them an they were mint, gave it a couple coats an all was well, then on the final coat it was fine, i go away an come back to them 10mins later an theres some little marks, thought sod it i'll bolt 'em on anyway :lol:

So a respray in order for you then?? or is it a case of sand an blow it in?

i might just do some more coats and call it good, it is going to be a military truck after all and it wouldn't be all that pretty in 1:1 so I can live with it. It just adds character!:bacondance:

THE_JOKER
05-11-2010, 03:20 PM
Add a little burnt orange with brown to the area an call it a rust patch :lol:

The Stray Cat
05-11-2010, 03:26 PM
Add a little burnt orange with brown to the area an call it a rust patch :lol:

EXACTLY :rofl:

The Stray Cat
05-11-2010, 03:29 PM
I'm off to home, so you guys across the pond have a good night!

THE_JOKER
05-11-2010, 03:30 PM
:lol: Right, time for a kip, take it easy Rock, oh an when you do the rust thing, my name is spelt "J o k e r" you know, for when you put it in the credits :p night mate :chug:

Bullitt
05-11-2010, 05:28 PM
Btw, had chance to do anymore to the rig Harry?

Why yes I have.

http://i88.photobucket.com/albums/k164/harrybullitt/Hauler/DSC02023.jpg
http://i88.photobucket.com/albums/k164/harrybullitt/Hauler/DSC02024.jpg

Ragnarok
05-11-2010, 07:45 PM
:blink: Too cool for words.

Meanwhile, back at the ranch, I've just attempted to unearth myself from an embarrassment of clutter in my room. An avalanche of crap. The good news is I'm slowly getting it sorted, tossed, or destroyed, whatever needs to happen. I'll be into my RC stash in another few days.

Bullitt
05-11-2010, 09:20 PM
Sounds good Rag. Been there, done that, will do again someday.

Harry

Waterboy
05-11-2010, 09:37 PM
woohoo! Penelopes Alive! (my slash) it took me about a month to get the motor from traxxas, but finally got it!