PDA

View Full Version : between me an rangerboy - OFFICIAL THREAD MISSION STATEMENT POST #253

Pages : 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 [16] 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 51 52 53 54 55 56 57 58 59 60 61 62 63 64 65 66 67 68 69 70 71 72 73 74 75 76 77 78 79 80 81 82

Ragnarok
05-11-2010, 09:51 PM
Penelope isn't the name I would normally think of giving an RC truck. :blink:

Whenever I hear someone give a name to…anything, really…I can't help but think of that old Simpsons episode.

Homer: "Give your putter a name."
Bart: "Mr. Putter."
Homer: "No! Give it a girl's name."
Bart: "Mom."

:rolling:

So taking that into account, I guess Penelope's just fine. :lol: She was the wife of Odysseus, so, yeah, I allow it. :nice: As you were.

The Stray Cat
05-11-2010, 10:09 PM
Penelope is not a name for a Slash, an old work truck maybe but not slash.

Harry your truck looks friggin awesome blacked out! Nice!

and Joker I'll remember to give ya shout out! J O K E R!

Bullitt
05-11-2010, 10:12 PM
Thanks fellas. I still need to fix the tailgate, add the 5th wheel and really get rolling on the trailer. All in time, all in time.

Harry

Oggy
05-11-2010, 10:37 PM
So taking that into account, I guess Penelope's just fine. :lol: She was the wife of Odysseus, so, yeah, I allow it. :nice: As you were.

do you think waterboy will even understand that :wacko:

russisloud
05-11-2010, 10:43 PM
have you guys seen my cat, i can't seem to find him tonight....and there is even food in his dish

Oggy
05-11-2010, 10:48 PM
http://i158.photobucket.com/albums/t98/sassenach1968/catz2.jpg

Ragnarok
05-11-2010, 11:56 PM
do you think for waterboy will even understand that :wacko:

I give it a chance of 50/50. How 'bout you? :p She was an admirable woman. Most would've given up on Odie and remarried, but she held on to faith that he would return, and was rewarded greatly.

THE_JOKER
05-12-2010, 01:03 AM
@Harry- Truck looks great! i prefered the previous color myself but this ones still pretty damn cool! :chug:

@Rock-Thanks, make sure you use a capital "J" too, dont go saying your gonna do it that way then go back on your word :lol:

Bullitt
05-12-2010, 05:12 AM
I liked the all original red and white myself when it had the tow bed on it, but when I decided to make it a hot rod truck, I felt that the 1/4" chop and older color did not go together well. To me, it just seemed like something on the cab was off. To me, using the flat black just makes the chop pop out at you. I have 8 days to get the truck done to mark her 2nd birthday.

Thanks for the compliments fellas, and thanks for asking about the COE Joker.

Harry

THE_JOKER
05-12-2010, 05:26 AM
You're welcome Harry!, a fair few rigs on here grab my attention an i like to keep up to date with their changes as time goes on, your COE is one of them :chug:

The Stray Cat
05-12-2010, 07:17 AM
Man Rag throwing Odyseus on here at WB and hoping he understands is like throwing a ball to a brick and hoping it catches it. Funny that a brick and WB are on the same level.... coincidence?????

THE_JOKER
05-12-2010, 07:45 AM
Man Rag throwing Odyseus on here at WB and hoping he understands is like throwing a ball to a brick and hoping it catches it. Funny that a brick and WB are on the same level.... coincidence?????

No, its just life :lol:

The Stray Cat
05-12-2010, 07:53 AM
Hey I beat Lego Batman with my son on our Wii over the weekend I kicked your JOKER butt all over the screen! MWahahahahahaaaaa!

The Stray Cat
05-12-2010, 07:55 AM
More evidence of our impending doom

http://www.boston.com/news/world/canada/articles/2010/05/12/4_die_after_quebec_home_falls_in_sinkhole/

russisloud
05-12-2010, 08:02 AM
i found my cat, he was sleeping in a pile of boxes ^_^
his name is buzz and hes big, and round, and gray

THE_JOKER
05-12-2010, 08:09 AM
Hey I beat Lego Batman with my son on our Wii over the weekend I kicked your JOKER butt all over the screen! MWahahahahahaaaaa!

What do you mean, i completed Arkham Asylum an kicked my own a$$ :lol:

An damn, another sink hole for the tally.

pardonmyn00b
05-12-2010, 08:16 AM
Penelope isn't the name I would normally think of giving an RC truck. :blink:

Whenever I hear someone give a name to…anything, really…I can't help but think of that old Simpsons episode.

Homer: "Give your putter a name."
Bart: "Mr. Putter."
Homer: "No! Give it a girl's name."
Bart: "Mom."

Homer: "Your putter's name is Charlene!"
Bart: "Why?"
Homer: "It just is, that's why"

Oggy
05-12-2010, 10:29 AM
i used to have a pet soft shell turtle, i called it beryl :D

The Stray Cat
05-12-2010, 10:40 AM
The Hummer I drove while in the Army I had named Bertha Boogie, I had it decaled on it and everything! Named my first car when I got out Bertha II. My Durango I drive now is called Big Blue!

Ragnarok
05-12-2010, 10:58 AM
i used to have a pet soft shell turtle, i called it beryl :D

A beryl is a family of precious stones (Emeralds, Aquamarines, Heliodor, etc.), so that's kind of an oxymoron for a softshelled turtle, isn't it? :huh: :lol:

The Stray Cat
05-12-2010, 10:59 AM
Unless he named it after Burl Ives!

Oggy
05-12-2010, 11:08 AM
A beryl is a family of precious stones (Emeralds, Aquamarines, Heliodor, etc.), so that's kind of an oxymoron for a softshelled turtle, isn't it? :huh: :lol:

man your fast, and clever, most people don't get it :beer&buddy::beer&buddy:

Ragnarok
05-12-2010, 11:18 AM
Really? :thinking: Maybe we're worse off than I thought.

Sir Ogg of Big: "Here's my softshell turtle. I call her 'Beryl.'"
Everybody else but Rag: "LOLWUT?"

THE_JOKER
05-12-2010, 11:19 AM
Lolwut?

Ragnarok
05-12-2010, 11:25 AM
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=7cxV8Bf8ND4

The Stray Cat
05-12-2010, 11:28 AM
Hey I saw Oggy's house on the news this morning. They were over in Sherwood promoting the Robin Hood movie release for this weekend! Nice backyard ya have Oggy!:rolling:

Oggy
05-12-2010, 12:00 PM
Hey I saw Oggy's house on the news this morning. They were over in Sherwood promoting the Robin Hood movie release for this weekend! Nice backyard ya have Oggy!:rolling:

The Stray Cat
05-12-2010, 02:08 PM
I'm going to see Robin Hood Friday night! THe MRs. just preodered me tickets!! What a gal!

Ragnarok
05-12-2010, 02:12 PM
Movie report or banned! :cop:

Thaaaaaat's an order!

:rolling:

I'm just hoping it's not Gladiator in pointy shoes.

The Stray Cat
05-12-2010, 02:19 PM
I'm just hoping it's not Gladiator in pointy shoes.

Yep that's my fear too, but it looks a lot better from the trailers, so there is hope!

Speaking of movie reviews..... My wife rented "Daybreakers" last night, what a waiste of my precious time. Not only did I strain my eyes watching it on my Portable DVD player cuz my power was out, but it just flat out sucked! he concept behind the script I feel was well intended, but the story was rushed in places and dragged out in others. The the ending was like when you hold a dump for an hour car ride home only to fart when ya get to toilet.:mad:

Ragnarok
05-12-2010, 02:21 PM
"Here I sit all broken hearted…"

The Stray Cat
05-12-2010, 02:22 PM

Yep you know the story!!:rofl:

pardonmyn00b
05-12-2010, 03:06 PM

I've seen that tale written on many a shiet-house wall

Bullitt
05-12-2010, 03:55 PM
I always liked "for a free Buick"...LOL

Harry

russisloud
05-12-2010, 04:51 PM
i don't like hotdogs

Ragnarok
05-12-2010, 06:08 PM
You've never had the right kind is probably why. If all you've had are Oscar Meyers, Armors, and Ball Parks then I can understand. My favorite are the Johnsonville Better Cheddars. Aw, they are sooooo awesome! They're a cheddar-wurst. In fact most Johnsonville 'dogs are really good. Wranglers are pretty good if a little too greasy. Flavor-wise they are buttkickin'.

Now, if the issues are more Freudian in nature, then you may need some counseling. There's a clear line of delineation to follow that may help: hotdogs in bread-based buns are your friend; hotdogs in man-based buns are not.

The Stray Cat
05-12-2010, 09:26 PM
Well Rag thanks for clearing that up! Russ up here we have a Hotdog company called Salen's they are the best dog you'll ever eat. I am not much of a Hotdog fan either, But you throw a salen dog into a bread based bun, with ketchup and dill pickle. MMMMMMMMMMM!

Bullitt
05-12-2010, 09:29 PM
Hebrew National hot dogs are pretty damn tasty. A friend of mine had my oldest and I over for hot dogs and he had picked up some made at the local meat market in his hometown. All beef (not that ground to nothing crap) with a 1/4" diameter of cheese through the middle and when you took a bite, you would have thought it was drenched in chili. These were awesome hot dogs. If these were available here, it would be the only hot dogs I would eat.

Harry

Bullitt
05-12-2010, 09:34 PM
I am not much of a Hotdog fan either, But you throw a salen dog into a bread based bun, with ketchup and dill pickle. MMMMMMMMMMM!

WTF!

Sorry Rag, but it had to be done.

Rock, Are you kidding me? What are you, 6? What kind of person puts ketchup on a hot dog? I thought it was law that once you hit 10, the switch to mustard or plain was mandatory! You are one sick puppy Rock. :nono:

Harry

The Stray Cat
05-12-2010, 09:48 PM
WTF!

Sorry Rag, but it had to be done.

Rock, Are you kidding me? What are you, 6? What kind of person puts ketchup on a hot dog? I thought it was law that once you hit 10, the switch to mustard or plain was mandatory! You are one sick puppy Rock. :nono:

Harry

Sorry fellas, alergic to mustard's main ingredient. Don't like them plain, unless they are left over in the fridge from the night before. And those rules are pretty much only southern rules. Sorry Harry, not everything in Texas is eaten correctly.:chug:

Salt and vinegar goes on french fries, not cheese, chicken fried chicken is redundant, and ketchup belongs on Hotdogs.:lol:

Ragnarok
05-12-2010, 09:57 PM
My laws of condiment implementation:

- Salt on fries and sometimes ketchup (I like fast food fries simply salted), unless they're already grossly seasoned with paprika, salt, garlic, black pepper and other components to make sure no one kisses you for a week after you've had 'em. Vinegar is acceptable but not preferred.
- Ketchup on hawtdorgs, unless thems are of the spicy, sausage-y variety and dudn't need it.
- Mild to medium picante sauce on eggs - scrambled or otherwise.
- Mild picante sauce or ketchup on taquitos and flautas.
- Mayo, not Miracle Whip. No exceptions. Miracle Whip goes in cakes.
- Chicken gets nothing unless frying, baking, or grilling technique is inadequate. Supplement with honey BBQ as necessary.

russisloud
05-12-2010, 10:02 PM
:drool: ketchup on eggs, now thats the stuff

i just had hotdogs alot when i was growing up, not that i'm very old now. lol

The Stray Cat
05-12-2010, 10:02 PM
My laws are as follows:

Fries-salt and vinegar, just salt, salt and ketchup.

Hot dogs- ketchup and dill pickles

CHicken, and steak, depends on how well it was cooked, if not cooked properly then A1 for steak BBQ for chicken

Eggs, fried gets pepper only, scrambled gets hot sauce.

Ketchup goes on 3 things and 3 things only- burgers, dogs and fries.

Almost everything else gets a dab of hot sauce.

Ragnarok
05-12-2010, 10:11 PM
i just had hotdogs alot when i was growing up, not that i'm very old now. lol
I understand. Burned out on 'em. Nothing really weird about that, so I'll allow it. At ease.

The Stray Cat
05-12-2010, 10:15 PM
I understand. Burned out on 'em. Nothing really weird about that, so I'll allow it. At ease.

That's how I feel about Mac and cheese, my mother made it dang near every night, and she was a horrible cook to begin with, so everything she made taste awful and then to have from a box mac and cheese and a side.....:puke:

russisloud
05-12-2010, 10:17 PM
:wave: thanks ragnarok, i can sleep better now

Bullitt
05-12-2010, 10:18 PM
Here is the lay of the land down here.

Hot dogs- yellow mustard, chili, cheese, and jalapenos (not pickled) or yellow mustard only
Fries- salt and ketchup, hunt's unless I have a package of Whataburger ketchup
Eggs- salt and hot picante sauce, and not that pace crap either
Breakfast tacos- same as above
Bar-B-Q- Sauce all over. If on a sandwich(like today) chopped brisket, sausage, jalapenos and sauce
Steaks- cooked through out and nothing on top. If they are over cooked, A1 please.
Chicken- grilled and naked
chicken fried- either cream gravy nothing. I am easy.
chicken fried steak- Cream gravy with picante sauce is normal. Just with cream gravy is acceptable.

Chicken fried steak with chili con queso is the bomb. I love them this way, but my wife will make creaking sounds while I am eating it. I will ask what the sound is and she says it is the lid to the coffin closing.

Harry

Bullitt
05-12-2010, 10:20 PM
I can't stand popcorn. I worked at a theater for about 6 months and every night, I would make enough popcorn that it would fill one of those 60 gallon bags.

Harry

Ragnarok
05-12-2010, 10:28 PM
In general, I won't go out of my way to eat popcorn (of course with my diet I can't eat it if I wanted to), although I do like kettle corn. Of the microwavable kind I prefer is Act II. Revill Ordinbacher's is okay-ish. Not a fan of Sop-Pecret.

Bullitt
05-12-2010, 10:31 PM
In general, I won't go out of my way to eat popcorn (of course with my diet I can't eat it if I wanted to), although I do like kettle corn. Of the microwavable kind I prefer is Act II. Revill Ordinbacher's is okay-ish. Not a fan of Sop-Pecret.

it is all crap to me :lol:

Sorry have to go out and beat the dogs

Harry

The Stray Cat
05-12-2010, 10:32 PM
Here is the lay of the land down here.

Hot dogs- yellow mustard, chili, cheese, and jalapenos (not pickled) or yellow mustard only
Fries- salt and ketchup, hunt's unless I have a package of Whataburger ketchup
Eggs- salt and hot picante sauce, and not that pace crap either
Breakfast tacos- same as above
Bar-B-Q- Sauce all over. If on a sandwich(like today) chopped brisket, sausage, jalapenos and sauce
Steaks- cooked through out and nothing on top. If they are over cooked, A1 please.
Chicken- grilled and naked
chicken fried- either cream gravy nothing. I am easy.
chicken fried steak- Cream gravy with picante sauce is normal. Just with cream gravy is acceptable.

Chicken fried steak with chili con queso is the bomb. I love them this way, but my wife will make creaking sounds while I am eating it. I will ask what the sound is and she says it is the lid to the coffin closing.

Harry

I thought she might have beeen referring to a squeeky toilet seat!:D

Couple things I do miss from there.

Real Grits
Biscuits with sausage gravy
and Yes breakfast Tacos. Some places have them here but there not even close to right. I make my own when the mood strikes but I hate making breakfast.

Ragnarok
05-12-2010, 10:35 PM
Sorry have to go out and beat the dogs

Harry

Don't be too rough on 'em. :(

RockEd Out, if you are a true Star Wars fan you must buy these for your kids NOW (http://www.thinkgeek.com/geektoys/plush/bb2e/)!

Tauntaun sleeping bag. Christmas gift solved.

From the product page…
"Now when your kids tell you their favorite Star Wars movie is "Attack of the Clones" you can nestle the wee-ones snug in simulated Tauntaun fur while regaling them with the amazing tale of "Empire Strikes Back.""

Bullitt
05-12-2010, 10:41 PM
Newb type question for you fellas-

You know I have been working on the interior for the COE. I am on the dash and it is coming along. Mounting the seat will be a chore, but it can be done. Anyway, I have been thinking about going back to the original build idea and adding a smoker unit. The only one I have found, and it is a cool one, wont fit under the bed liked I was originally shooting for. http://www.harbormodels.com/site08/main_pages/smoker.htm
I am thinking about just mounting it inside the cab and tinting the windows. I think the smoke blowing out the pipes would make up for the lack of interior.

What do you think?
1) keep the interior
2) smoke it

Harry

Ragnarok
05-12-2010, 10:44 PM
Man, I don't know. It depends on what's most important: scale while moving (smoker) or scale while sitting (interior).

Bullitt
05-12-2010, 10:44 PM
My boys would love those Rag. I will have to look into it. As far as the dogs, I just had to go out and tell them to hush. I don't beat dogs.

Harry

Bullitt
05-12-2010, 10:46 PM
Man, I don't know. It depends on what's most important: scale while moving (smoker) or scale while sitting (interior).

Well...it will sit on a shelf in the attic when it is not driven. What is sad is that I have not driven it since the pickup build-off.

Harry

Bullitt
05-12-2010, 10:54 PM
Here is a kicker. I have been wanting to buy buggy champ front tires for my trailer build and they have been sold out on Tamiya's website for a long time. I called and called wanting to know when they would be in. I was told in a couple weeks and I have just about given up. Out of sheer stupidity, I looked at RPP's site. Guess what he has in stock? He does not have the wheels, but he does have the tires. I will be placing an order tomorrow and getting ready to build my trailer.

The other demon I have been fighting is a stadium truck build. I always liked Ivan Stewart's Toyota from back in the day and I just am about to
pick up some suspension pieces from kutto. Logic tells me to just leave my stuff alone and enjoy it. Stupid me says this. Get a lexan body for the hilux chassis. Take the Hilux body and make a stadium truck chassis for it. Like my two kits in the attic, they are not going to be run much, so what is the point to get a new kit? I am very ADD when it comes to RC.

Harry

Ragnarok
05-12-2010, 11:05 PM
I dunno. You come up with new ideas you want to try out and it's hard to stay focused on one thing. Very understandable. I had that problem, but the even greater problem was all I could do is come up with ideas and never have the resources to see if they'd work or not. I don't think that RC is my calling. :lol:

Bullitt
05-12-2010, 11:12 PM
Well I will just have to see where it goes after I build my trailer. I may have to add another shelf, or possibly use the mantle. That will get the missus in a tizzy.

Missus: What is that?
Me: That...Why that is art.
Missus: That is a toy.
Me: That is art.
Missus: No. That is a toy.
Me: ART!
Missus: TOY!

I guess we know where it will go from here. I guess I will keep them in the attic.

Harry

Ragnarok
05-12-2010, 11:29 PM
Well, whatever you do, don't get mad at each other at breakfast.
http://hvx-rc.com/forumstuff/general/misc-fights.jpg
No good can come from it.

THE_JOKER
05-13-2010, 02:15 AM
Nothing beat's catching up in the morning, the entertainment is so fresh :D

THE_JOKER
05-13-2010, 02:22 AM
Harry, what about the smoker from a HL Tank?? granted there not very smoky but i thought there was a mod people were doing to overcome that?

Anyway after seeing the smoker you put up, i would go for smoker over interior, purely for cool factor lol.

Bullitt
05-13-2010, 05:23 AM
Ding! Ding! Ding!

I think we have a winner! LOL I have thought about making a "toolbox" for the bed to cover up the monster, but I was afraid it would be out of place. I have also thought about making one, but it would require the search button, and I am just to lazy right now. If I could narrow the unit by 1/8", I think the unit would fit. I think I just need to mock one up and figure out where I should put it. I knew I should have made that cab a crew-cab.

Harry

THE_JOKER
05-13-2010, 06:01 AM
Bit late now for the crew cab ideas Harry :lol: toolbox sounds good though, i wanna see it smoke now :excited:

The Stray Cat
05-13-2010, 07:14 AM
Definitely a smoker would be cool, but if this is going to be more of a shelf queen, what purpose will it serve.

On a side note RAG... you can't post a taun taun sleeping bag without a link! I want one for myself!

THE_JOKER
05-13-2010, 07:30 AM
/\/\/\ I couldnt help but smile at that :lol: you want matching Yoda pillows too?

The Stray Cat
05-13-2010, 07:32 AM
/// I couldnt help but smile at that :lol: you want matching Yoda pillows too?

No I already matching Vader pillows!:bacondance:

Oggy
05-13-2010, 07:56 AM
hey guys, could you look at this thread about my tundra and give me your opinions please

http://www.scale4x4rc.org/forums/showthread.php?t=50042

Bullitt
05-13-2010, 09:27 AM
Bit late now for the crew cab ideas Harry :lol: toolbox sounds good though, i wanna see it smoke now :excited:

Who said it is too late?

Harry

Bullitt
05-13-2010, 09:29 AM
hey guys, could you look at this thread about my tundra and give me your opinions please

http://www.scale4x4rc.org/forums/showthread.php?t=50042

I have to say bright and shiny paint. I would have to wait about ten years before I would see a rusty tundra. You could dent the beast up, but I have to say nay on the rust.

Harry

Ragnarok
05-13-2010, 09:41 AM
Definitely a smoker would be cool, but if this is going to be more of a shelf queen, what purpose will it serve.

On a side note RAG... you can't post a taun taun sleeping bag without a link! I want one for myself!

I did post a link, dude. :lol: Embedded in the word "NOW," but I'll post it again. :p

http://www.thinkgeek.com/geektoys/plush/bb2e/

Check out the intestine print on the part that's folded back. The zipper is a little lightsaber, too. You get to open up your sleeping bag the same way Han Solo opened up Luke's tauntaun. :rolling:

Oh, they don't have Yoda pillows (well, there are plushes), but they do have Yoda backpacks, which are cooler. :nice:

http://www.thinkgeek.com/computing/bags/817c/

THE_JOKER
05-13-2010, 09:42 AM
Who said it is too late?

Harry

Would be a shame to hack it up an start a quadcab now harry, it looks great as is mate, just go with your toolbox idea an stash the smoker.

THE_JOKER
05-13-2010, 09:43 AM
LMAO at the yoda backpack.

The Stray Cat
05-13-2010, 10:02 AM
Thanks Rag, I must've missed the original link! Those are to cool. I'll be getting that back pack for my son Luke for sure.

Waterboy
05-13-2010, 10:22 AM
Ed, Luke as in, Luke SKYWALKER! I know your secret Ed:lolbeat:

Oh and Harry i think the truck looks great as it is and a smoker would be awesome:chug:

The Stray Cat
05-13-2010, 10:27 AM
Ed, Luke as in, Luke SKYWALKER! I know your secret Ed:lolbeat:

Oh and Harry i think the truck looks great as it is and a smoker would be awesome:chug:

Actually his name is Lucas after george, but Luke after Skywalker for short. He is my padawan learner and will soon be a Jedi apprentice. He's actually very good with a light saber. He is also very proficient in some moves he's learned from Snake Eyes the ninja master, and isn't afraid of fighting Dragons and Orcs and Goblins like the Bagginses. So you got something you want to say about that WB???:chug:

Waterboy
05-13-2010, 11:31 AM
uggh....

im a purple belt:samurai:

Bullitt
05-13-2010, 11:36 AM
Check out the intestine print on the part that's folded back. The zipper is a little lightsaber, too. You get to open up your sleeping bag the same way Han Solo opened up Luke's tauntaun. :rolling:

On to the plank for all of ye. Twas no man nor waterboy that found thy errrrrrrrror in Ragnarok's post.

It was Han's tauntaun that was split open, not Luke's. Luke's tauntaun was breakfast for the snowman.

Harry

The Stray Cat
05-13-2010, 11:59 AM
On to the plank for all of ye. Twas no man nor waterboy that found thy errrrrrrrror in Ragnarok's post.

It was Han's tauntaun that was split open, not Luke's. Luke's tauntaun was breakfast for the snowman.

Harry

Harry, fantastic catch.. I wasn't really reading at that point as I was already too excited about the sleeping bag. :lolbeat:

Did you know that in Star Wars Mythos only a person with some Jedi traits can light a saber, hinting to the fact that Han had some Jedi Characteristics burried deep inside. THis also illudes to his expertise in piloting.

Bullitt
05-13-2010, 12:12 PM
Didn't JarJAr binks almost cut off his tongue with Anikin's light saber or am I thinking of something else?

Harry

The Stray Cat
05-13-2010, 12:15 PM
I think that might have been parodied but not really in the flick. He did have his tongue caught by Qui Gon JInn, and numbed his tongue by getting it shocked in the Pod Racer.

THE_JOKER
05-13-2010, 01:25 PM
uggh....

im a purple belt:samurai:

You got the shoes to match?..................no?.................... what about the hat?

Waterboy
05-13-2010, 01:41 PM
yes, i do got the hat.:lol:

The Stray Cat
05-13-2010, 01:45 PM
yes, i do got the hat.:lol:

and his sister's underpants!:rofl:

THE_JOKER
05-13-2010, 02:03 PM
Gonna go an slap someone an steal their wallet, back in a bit :chug:

Bullitt
05-13-2010, 02:08 PM
So I figure that I can make two smaller smoking units and mount one on each side of the truck and keep the interior. I can make a smaller toolbox and hide my electronics in there. It appears that some have a heating element and some don't. Do you smart fellers have any idea how they work? I did search and I looked through the pages, but nothing on how they work. Want to help a lazy guy that is really busy at work? I still have not ordered my tires, but I plan on it really soon.

Harry

Ragnarok
05-13-2010, 02:51 PM

Harry
I was in a major rush this morning. In my defense, though, I'm sure that Han didn't want it back after Luke was through with it.

More trivia that I'm not wrong on (for once): Ray Park, the guy that played Snake Eyes was the same actor that played Darth Maul. :wave: Was also Toad in X-Men.

The Stray Cat
05-13-2010, 03:27 PM
I was in a major rush this morning. In my defense, though, I'm sure that Han didn't want it back after Luke was through with it.

More trivia that I'm not wrong on (for once): Ray Park, the guy that played Snake Eyes was the same actor that played Darth Maul. :wave: Was also Toad in X-Men.

Yes Rag that is correct.

jake10684
05-13-2010, 03:29 PM
In an unrelated note, I finally got my CC01 working properly and to no longer bug out with every little control input. I had no idea how stupid fast those things were. :blink: Time for a GRU and/or a slower motor... It's really not even fun at it's current speed. :c

The Stray Cat
05-13-2010, 03:30 PM
Yep CC01s and Tamiya Humvees are both nuts fast in stock trim. I even put a 65t motor in my Humvee I had and it still flew! How'd that TX/RX work?

Oggy
05-13-2010, 03:42 PM
best thing to put in a cc01 is an axial 55, loads of torque, and still quite a bit of wheel speed when you need it

jake10684
05-13-2010, 03:56 PM
Yep CC01s and Tamiya Humvees are both nuts fast in stock trim. I even put a 65t motor in my Humvee I had and it still flew! How'd that TX/RX work?

At first it kept wigging out every time I'd turn the servo control. The throttle would be responsive even at a slow crawl, but as soon as I'd crank the steering, the thing would go full-throttle into a wall. I don't know what finally fixed it, but after I unplugged and replugged a few times, and put fresh batteries into everything, it stopped.

I should've been more thorough in my troubleshooting in case it happens again, but for now, it's working, so I'm happy.

Ordered some landy tires from Hong Kong yesterday to put on the stock car rims I bought last week. Then just gotta strip and repaint the 'jero body and she's good to go! This is one rig that never would've come together without the help of many many people on this forum.

jake10684
05-13-2010, 03:58 PM
best thing to put in a cc01 is an axial 55, loads of torque, and still quite a bit of wheel speed when you need it

I've got a 55 that should fit the bill. I was planning on putting it in my scx, but I think the cc01 needs it more right now.

russisloud
05-13-2010, 04:10 PM
:birthday:

Waterboy
05-13-2010, 04:40 PM
^Random.:lol:

Do you have a thread for your cc-01? If not, make one!:chug:

jake10684
05-13-2010, 05:19 PM
^Random.:lol:

Do you have a thread for your cc-01? If not, make one!:chug:

I haven't taken one single picture of the thing, actually, save for one picture I took of the receiver when it was first installed and I was having problems. I do plan on making a thread when I start the body work and accessories though. Planning on building a grill guard and rack of some sort.

The real hangup I'm hitting now is finding the energy to prep the body for paint. I got it used and there's no telling how many layers of paint it has. Looks and feels like it could easily be 3. There's visible traces of red, blue, silver, black, and brown. I'll give it a go and see if it's worth trying or if I should just buy a new shell. Too much to do, and not enough money to do it. Story of my life...

Maybe I should sell some of the bodies I have to raise funds. Gonna clean up the hobby room this weekend and take inventory. Might be selling some Jeeps soon.

russisloud
05-13-2010, 09:24 PM
Ed, can we talk about fight club

Ragnarok
05-13-2010, 09:33 PM
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=YCM-jd6GrIg

russisloud
05-13-2010, 09:38 PM
:boxin:

The Stray Cat
05-13-2010, 10:04 PM
We can talk fight club Russ since I'm your evil counter part we know all!!!

WATERBOY Waterboy waterboy

Ragnarok
05-13-2010, 11:38 PM
Friggin' dang crap! Lost my OS X disc. :rant:

russisloud
05-13-2010, 11:52 PM
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Vr9mLP6NwnU

russisloud
05-13-2010, 11:53 PM
maybe this will help you out

Ragnarok
05-13-2010, 11:57 PM
This is my butt. :butt:

THE_JOKER
05-14-2010, 12:54 AM
All smileys are spawn of PacMan, so if indeed thats true an PacMan has an a$$ like that, its no wonder the ghosts chased him for so long.

The Stray Cat
05-14-2010, 07:40 AM
All smileys are spawn of PacMan, so if indeed thats true an PacMan has an a$$ like that, its no wonder the ghosts chased him for so long.

And it also explains why Pac Mans Arse is so round and big eating those dots constantly with the occassional ghost treat!

THE_JOKER
05-14-2010, 07:48 AM
Dont forget the odd bit of fruit, the diet part lol. Reminds me actually PacMan was a great game, an Tetris, could play that for hours.

sk8te-penguin
05-14-2010, 07:58 AM
http://www.webpacman.com/

:D

THE_JOKER
05-14-2010, 08:02 AM
Nice one, see you in a few hours

The Stray Cat
05-14-2010, 08:30 AM
Yea Pacman was cool, I loved tetris!

THE_JOKER
05-14-2010, 08:36 AM
Just found tetris too, an after all these years............... i still suck at it.

Waterboy
05-14-2010, 09:14 AM
morning gentlemen.

THE_JOKER
05-14-2010, 09:16 AM
What did you just call me?.................

The Stray Cat
05-14-2010, 09:19 AM
morning gentlemen.

Good Morning Lad!

Bullitt
05-14-2010, 09:34 AM
'ello WB!

Harry

The Stray Cat
05-14-2010, 09:47 AM
Hey Harry, Whats up ? How's things down South??

Bullitt
05-14-2010, 10:19 AM
We are expecting rain. Whoo Hoo! I have decided to shuffle my projects around and after/while I am working on my trailer, I will start my next build. I will call it the South Texas Standard.

Harry

The Stray Cat
05-14-2010, 10:22 AM
And what is the South Texas Standard going to be???

Bullitt
05-14-2010, 10:30 AM
It will be a 2wd 3/4 ton GMC pickup. It will roll on an XC chassis and I will run leaves in the back. The buggy champ tires will be used on this little beast.

Harry

The Stray Cat
05-14-2010, 10:32 AM
Sounds sweet... now as everybody has been telling me, quit yappin and get to building!

By the way have ya checked out my 6x6 build Harry?

russisloud
05-14-2010, 10:32 AM
good afternoon eveyone, well maybe not ragnarok :butt:

Bullitt
05-14-2010, 10:36 AM
Sounds sweet... now as everybody has been telling me, quit yappin and get to building!

By the way have ya checked out my 6x6 build Harry?

I am sorry Ed, but I have not. I will look for it just as soon as I get a chance. In fact, I have not looked through any of the build sections for about a month and it has been several since I looked through the semi section. I am going to try and catch up tonight and this weekend.

How is it turning out?

Harry

The Stray Cat
05-14-2010, 10:40 AM
Slow and steady wins the Race! Not on caliber with your two year COE build but long enough!

THE_JOKER
05-14-2010, 10:52 AM
Go with, "Good things come to those who wait" sounds better :lol:

then again that can be countered with... "All good things must come to an end"

Anyway damn!! 2 yrs! well worth it though, im also curious on the STS rig.

The Stray Cat
05-14-2010, 10:58 AM
good afternoon eveyone, well maybe not ragnarok :butt:

Morning RUssell!

Go with, "Good things come to those who wait" sounds better :lol:

then again that can be countered with... "All good things must come to an end"

Anyway damn!! 2 yrs! well worth it though, im also curious on the STS rig.

How about we just stick to my story about the bulls!

THE_JOKER
05-14-2010, 10:59 AM
Sounds good Rock, tbh i never read it so im cool with that :lol:

The Stray Cat
05-14-2010, 11:00 AM
tsk, tsk, good story, you're missing out

THE_JOKER
05-14-2010, 11:36 AM
Too much in my head already at the moment bro, dont wanna overfill it lol, well a few more hours Rock an your all set for a nice weekend eh mate, i got my brother comin down from up north with my nephew, will make for a change of my usual plain weekends, anyways have a good evenin, an a weekend to match mate, stay safe :chug:

The Stray Cat
05-14-2010, 11:39 AM
Too much in my head already at the moment bro, dont wanna overfill it lol, well a few more hours Rock an your all set for a nice weekend eh mate, i got my brother comin down from up north with my nephew, will make for a change of my usual plain weekends, anyways have a good evenin, an a weekend to match mate, stay safe :chug:

Same to you JOker, I've got 4 hours until freedom! The weekend is looking good as far weather goes.

Ragnarok
05-14-2010, 02:53 PM
It am are of afternoon for me at now time. I get the day off this Monday for mah burfday, but chances are I'm still going to be working in one shape or another. Maybe I can apply that "work" to figuring out the more advanced settings on my OC project. 3.33GHz is pretty good, but I want to see if I can get 3.8GHz without burning the thing up/down/out.

Maybe that blarghing dang OS disc will show up. :mad: "This is your left" indeed. :nono: :kick:

:lol:

The Stray Cat
05-14-2010, 03:24 PM
It am are of afternoon for me at now time. I get the day off this Monday for mah burfday, but chances are I'm still going to be working in one shape or another. Maybe I can apply that "work" to figuring out the more advanced settings on my OC project. 3.33GHz is pretty good, but I want to see if I can get 3.8GHz without burning the thing up/down/out.

Maybe that blarghing dang OS disc will show up. :mad: "This is your left" indeed. :nono: :kick:

:thinking:WUT???:thinking:

russisloud
05-14-2010, 04:08 PM
"This is your left" indeed. :nono: :kick:

sorry man, but that was just too funny:rolling:

Ragnarok
05-14-2010, 08:37 PM
:thinking:WUT???:thinking:

I'll do a quick translation that might help make things more clear. :nice:

It am are of afternoon for me at now time.
The Russ Made of Loud said "good afternoon eveyone, well maybe not ragnarok." I was able to reply when it had become afternoon up here and did it in a 2froo4u-style of gibberish.

I get the day off this Monday for mah burfday, but chances are I'm still going to be working in one shape or another. Maybe I can apply that "work" to figuring out the more advanced settings on my OC project. 3.33GHz is pretty good, but I want to see if I can get 3.8GHz without burning the thing up/down/out.

This amounts to me just commenting on what I'll be doing in the near future, specifically Monday…mah burfday. Traditionally I get the day off on my birthday and I'll likely be working on overclocking (what the term "OC" meant) my computer since I don't have the cash to get the necessary parts for "absolute" completion. Overclocking is free…unless I burn something up. I tried my hand at it a couple of weeks ago with very little tweaking on my DAW Hackintosh and got the speed up nicely. I'm wanting to see how far I can go without getting crazy on my CPU temperatures. :nice:

The first part of this is a hope that I can find my missing Mac OS X Snow Leopard disc that I was pining for last night. The second part - the "this is your left" remark - had to do with The Loud One's efforts in "helping" me "find" my missing "disc" with a Sesame Street knockoff that appears to be teaching young kids how to differentiate their left from their right. Their butt from a hole in the ground probably comes in Lesson 2. http://hvx-rc.com/forumstuff/emo/emo-suspicious.gif

Hope this is of some help. :nice:

russisloud
05-14-2010, 09:59 PM
Hope this is of some help. :nice:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=aQrwCIaZlt0

Ragnarok
05-14-2010, 10:06 PM
http://www.scale4x4rc.org/forums/attachment.php?attachmentid=61705&d=1273192613

Oggy
05-14-2010, 11:48 PM
morning everyone, hows life treating all of you?

Ragnarok
05-14-2010, 11:54 PM
Going to bed. On a diet, so no treats for me. Need more work, though. That'd be nice.

THE_JOKER
05-15-2010, 09:07 AM
Well i had a pretty good day today so far, enjoyed a kick around with my nephew, an got to watch the funny of my old man showing his footy skillz at the age of 50, also watched him chase after the ice cream truck which was another good laugh.

Hope everyone else is grand!

Bullitt
05-15-2010, 11:22 AM
Hello all. We had a thunderstorm this morning about 5:30am that resulted in 1-1/2" of rain. I chased the wife and caught her this morning, got a haircut, and we are all watching shrek 2. It is going to be a good day.

Harry

Ragnarok
05-15-2010, 11:54 AM
I found my old pre-2000 composition files on Zip disc this morning. They're intact and complete. :excited: I also unearthed a USB Zip drive my oldest bro gave me, and was then able to archive those files on my current computer where I'll send 'em to CD. I feel relieved/excited. :D

FunkyHunk
05-15-2010, 12:52 PM
It's always fun to find old data files :)

Bullitt
05-15-2010, 02:06 PM
I checked the mail and my order that I put in on Thursday for by Buggy Champ front tires came in today. i can't say enough about RPP hobby. Anyone have a clod body that they could give me a couple dimensions? I need the front fender opening width and height from center to bottom on door side.

thanks again,
Harry

Waterboy
05-15-2010, 03:38 PM
I had a good day thank you for asking, made a couple sweet jumps, crashed the slash, drove a mile with my cr-01, and now am watching the original Karate Kid:D

Bullitt
05-15-2010, 05:16 PM
I am now at dairy queen picking up supper. My day is complete

The Stray Cat
05-15-2010, 06:46 PM
My wife has been gone pretty much all day so i got to do a good amount of work on my truck. Glad everyone had a good day, yes even you WB!

Ragnarok
05-15-2010, 07:25 PM
My day just went all to suck. Turned on my computer, and...nothin'. Tried to do a recovery via system disc, and it won't access the optical drive. I found a way of retrieving files from one computer to the fried one via FireWire. Dunno if it will work. If it doesn't that means that I have to open up my old eMac, risking my life by working around the CRT, extract the HD and try to recover the files that way.

This means that my DAW computer is now my main computer as of this minute. It's not ready. I don't have all of the replacement discs for my old Creative Suite apps (one's gone missing) and all of my recent iTunes files are possibily lost for eternity. Sucktacular.

Everyone, wish me luck.

russisloud
05-15-2010, 07:55 PM
king russ of da' loud just wants you to know that the bird is the word

Waterboy
05-15-2010, 07:58 PM
My wife has been gone pretty much all day so i got to do a good amount of work on my truck. Glad everyone had a good day, yes even you WB!

YAY!! :beer&buddy:

And Rag, i have no idea what you are talking about with computer, but good luck:D

LR3
05-15-2010, 08:03 PM
My day was very good. Got to drive lots. Fooled round with the FJ for about 3 hours and watched terminator salvation. Got a hair cut and may get 350$ tomorrow. Good times. Also got to IM with WB which always is nice. Next week is gonna suck though. This Friday is the 7th anniversory of my fathers passing. Pray for our family. It's always a hard week to go through.

Waterboy
05-15-2010, 08:06 PM
wait wait wait, howed you make $350 bucks LR3?:lol:

LR3
05-15-2010, 08:12 PM
wait wait wait, howed you make $350 bucks LR3?:lol:

A combination of overdue birthday and Christmas money.

Ragnarok
05-15-2010, 08:23 PM
Got the FireWire sync going. Gonna take a while. Only up to 10GB out of 60GB so far. It's really weird that I can access everything on the HD remotely but I can't even get the machine itself to boot. I'm wondering if maybe something on the motherboard is toast? All I know is that I don't feel comfortable with only one Mac running - I prefer having a second one for emergencies/rescue operations. If I can ever find the money I'm going to build me a second one, probably Mini-ITX based and in a very, very small case.

Oggy
05-15-2010, 08:27 PM
rag, hope you get all your data back.

well i feel rough, i just woke up after 3 hours sleep, on top of the blured vision i've been suffering from lately, it now looks like i have man flu.

The Stray Cat
05-15-2010, 08:55 PM
Oggy I was just going to ask what the heck you were doing awake at this hour??

pardonmyn00b
05-15-2010, 09:13 PM
Rag, y dont u use tyme mashine on ur mak?

It saved my arse before

Oggy
05-15-2010, 09:14 PM
at least i am geting to watch the boxing on tv.

i don't watch much since i stopped boxing, same with rugby, don't see much of that now either.

i had to quit boxing, rugby and quite a few other things when i broke my back at the age of 19, every day i'm thankfull that i never damaged my spinal cord

Ragnarok
05-15-2010, 09:33 PM
Rag, y dont u use tyme mashine on ur mak?

It saved my arse before
My old Mac runs 10.4, so I don't have Time Machine on it. I never upgraded it to 10.5 because I couldn't afford it. I got 10.6, but that was solely for my Hackintosh and it doesn't support PPC Macs like my eMac.

It certainly would've been nice, though. So far the cloning is going fine. My biggest concern has to do with my apps, like Photoshop, Illustrator, Mac the Ripper, DVD Remaster, and my DV conversion software. Most of these have serial numbers and confirmation codes and if I have to reenter these serial numbers, etc. I may have a problem as I have lost some of my important paperwork when I moved last. :(

iTunes will be a simple authorization process, though.

Ragnarok
05-15-2010, 09:48 PM
For Hackintosh Build two -

Here's the case I want: http://www.mini-itx.com/store/?c=3#joujye568i-220w
Here's the motherboard I want: http://vr-zone.com/articles/gigabyte-h55n-usb3-mini-itx-sneak-peek/8729.html
Here's the CPU I want: http://www.newegg.com/Product/Product.aspx?Item=N82E16819115217

Now I just gotta wait around to see if the Insanely Mac crowd can Hackintosh the H55 chipset. :huh:

Ragnarok
05-15-2010, 11:16 PM
Okay, got the HD cloned and ran Disk Utility. eMac disk was damaged and I was able to repair it. Supposedly. Thinking everything was fine, I turned both machines off and rebooted my eMac. Same old sheee-yit. :mad: It's toast.

So my next course of action is to boot my Hackintosh up and see if I can get online with it. I need to see if I can run my old apps by downloading Rosetta. After that I'll then see if I can run them without having to reenter authorization codes, etc. If I can then I'm home free. I also need to see if I can update my OS to 10.6.3 and still boot. I'm not sure my bootloader is compatible with 10.6.3. I'll clone my HD as it is before I do the update. If it works then I should be okay.

One thing I don't know is if my files were damaged in the process of the old HD being corrupted. I hope not, but if they are then I'm still in for some grief. :thinking:

Ragnarok
05-15-2010, 11:38 PM
Well, mixed results. Got my Hackintosh up and online without trying. Got Rosetta and I tried Illustrator. Everything was hunky-dory until it asked me to register it. :banghead: However, if it doesn't shut me off I'm probably okay. I own the danged thing legally, so I shouldn't have any problems.

Tomorrow I'll try the 10.6.3 OS update after I've cloned my boot drive. I'll comment on how that goes.

EDIT: The H55 chipset has been Hackintoshed, so I can build that thing and have it going full-bore whenever I have the money.

Oggy
05-15-2010, 11:45 PM
rag, it sure sounds like you are having fun.

seriously, hope you get it all sorted and working

russisloud
05-15-2010, 11:51 PM
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=tuE-5PlZPgU

Ragnarok
05-15-2010, 11:52 PM
Well, it's always a learning experience. :huh:

Russhardt von Loudenschnitzel, I was wondering when you were going to post that.

russisloud
05-15-2010, 11:53 PM
i always wanted to be king

Ragnarok
05-15-2010, 11:56 PM
http://www.dreamagic.com/roger/lionKing.gif

russisloud
05-15-2010, 11:58 PM
some day i will be king

russisloud
05-16-2010, 12:01 AM
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=KXs8OS6EdAE

Oggy
05-16-2010, 12:02 AM
http://i453.photobucket.com/albums/qq256/tts_posters_2008/Movies/KingRalph.jpg

Oggy
05-16-2010, 12:04 AM
if your not king yet, you must be a

http://i883.photobucket.com/albums/ac38/ssoonnyy/prince/11079a15.jpg

russisloud
05-16-2010, 12:14 AM
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=MGNSLdE7c_I

Ragnarok
05-16-2010, 10:05 AM
All of my future comments regarding my computer issues will be posted ove my Hackintosh thread. :nice:

Waterboy
05-16-2010, 02:12 PM
good afternoon gents, hows it going on this fine day?:chug:

Oggy
05-16-2010, 03:10 PM
i'm fine waterboy, what madness have you been up to today?

Waterboy
05-16-2010, 06:49 PM
ummmm.................:lol:

not much drove Penelope and the CR-01 so an in all a very good day:chug: How about you Oggy?

Bullitt
05-16-2010, 07:24 PM
It was a great day for me. Mowed the yard, sprayed the yard, and enjoyed the day with my great family. Gonna try to get some rc time in tonight.

Harry

The Stray Cat
05-16-2010, 09:47 PM
how we all doing fellas. I had a day mostly like Harry's, except I took a complete day off from the build. Need to clear my head and get direction back!

Ragnarok
05-17-2010, 12:33 AM
Had family out for my burfday. My actual BD is tomorrow, but today was more convenient for a GTG. Much fun. Got three books ("One Man's Wilderness," "The Darwin Awards: Next Evolution," and "Total Guitar Tutor"), a movie (The Princess and the Frog - far better than I thought it was going to be), and an iTunes gift card. Having family out was far more important than the gifts, but I was very grateful for both. :D.

Tomorrow, I'll do some overclockin' and then try to discover where a new and mysterious hum/shrill-ring is coming from in my audio chain. :thinking:

The Stray Cat
05-17-2010, 07:26 AM
Yea I was surprised bt "The Princess and The Frog" myself Rag, kind dug the tunes in it quite well.

Ragnarok
05-17-2010, 10:20 AM
One thing I thought when I got the guitar tutor book was my folks are demanding that I get a guitar. :lol: I had an idea of what I wanted a while ago, but I tend to change my mind a lot before I finally make the purchase, so I dunno what I really want. I'd like a seven maybe, but that's a little unconventional for a first guitar. I do know it will either be an Ibanez or a Schecter, regardless of what type I get.

The Stray Cat
05-17-2010, 10:30 AM
Not that I am a guitarist by no means, but I have a lot of guitarist in my family and my wife's family, I would suggest as they often have to start out on a standard acoustic.

jake10684
05-17-2010, 10:47 AM
I just picked up another guitar that I'm looking at buying. I'm having a heck of a time identifying it though, as the sticker in the bowl has gone missing. I do know that it's a vintage Ovation, 1974, I think I figured out, and best I can tell, it's a Balladeer. I just love the tone on Ovations. I only wish it was a Matrix. That's the guitar I learned on, and I've never found another guitar that sounded that beautiful or played that smoothly.

sk8te-penguin
05-17-2010, 10:59 AM
When I first started rocking it was on a Fender Strat copy.. Still got it and it still rocks!

But now I use my Wesley Viper

Ragnarok
05-17-2010, 11:24 AM
Yeah, that's an ESP Forest copy, right? I love the Forest shape.

Bullitt
05-17-2010, 11:29 AM
One day, I would like to have a guitar. Actually, I would like to get to a point where I can have a fender and be able to play it very well.

Harry

Oggy
05-17-2010, 11:33 AM
i have an epiphone les paul, but i'm not very good with it

Ragnarok
05-17-2010, 11:41 AM
I have a Les Paul clone of some kind. My hunch is it's a Tokai. Its bridge and tailpiece are missing, has no strings, the frets are worn flat, and the tuners are shot. This the condition I received it in a couple of years ago. A guy my younger bro worked with was going to throw it away, so he took it and gave it to me. I have two nieces that are messing with guitars (one seriously, the other not-so) and I might restore it and give it to one of them. I'd restore it for myself, but it has that shorter Gibson scale and my hands, while not huge, need a little more room.

Lee
05-17-2010, 11:53 AM
i play bass. i had an 'encore' to start then at chrismtas i bought a gorgeous new 4 string, made by vintage. its got a natural bubinga finish and sounds and plays lovely.
my absalout favourite bass to play is the ernie ball musicman stingray, my dads friend plays a 5string one and gave me a blast. it really does feel like £4,000 sitting in your arms.
oh, i used to play guitar too. got bored and moved to bass because its louder and shakes the house :banana:

Ragnarok
05-17-2010, 11:58 AM
I've worked with bubinga. It's a very, very heavy and hard wood. I love the smell of it. I've thought about bass, but not too seriously. If I went that route, I'd probably just go for a Chapman Grand Stick 12-string so I could have my bass and guitar on one dealie. $3,000 is a lot of money, though. :(

Oh, also not to discount what RockEd said, I've heard the same thing from both my oldest and youngest bros - they've both played guitar for a long time. Only my youngest bro got into electric guitar, though. I'm not ruling out an acoustic first at all. I'd get an Ibanez for sure if that was the case. They've got an acoustic that's close to one kilobuck that I love the looks of, aesthetically and spec-wise.

Lee
05-17-2010, 03:15 PM
uncle ben makes some nice rice.

sk8te-penguin
05-17-2010, 03:53 PM
I'd love a les paul, they are very small and light. Brilliant for stage fun ^_^

Ragnarok
05-17-2010, 05:03 PM
Here's what I'm thinking of possibly maybe getting. Not getting all of them - just listing those I'm going to pick from.

Electric:
Ibanez S420. Saber-type body with ZR trem and $500. The "weathered black" finish amounts to just a flat black over Mahogany without any attempts to fill the grain. Basic, but a good instrument.

Ibanez S570DXQM. Same guitar as above, but $150 more, a center pickup, and with quilted Maple veneer top and a choice of either transparent blue or dark gray. I like the trans. gray myself.

Ibanez Ibanez S7420. Essentially the same as the S420 but with an extra string and a gloss black finish. $700. One of the best sub-$1000 sevens out there.

Ibanez RGA7. Basic black $500 hardtail 7-string. Sevens attract me for a lot of reasons, one of which is the potential of greater range, especially if I take the textural guitar/experimental route. Lame thing is this has no tone knob - just volume. I've read that the pickups are full of weaksauce. They're beam-type like EMG 707s, so I could drop a set of those in there if I wanted to.

Schecter Damien Elite-7. $550 for hardtail, $600 for a Floyd Rose. Killer guitar that has a longer scale than the Ibanezes I listed above (26.5" vs 25.5"), EMG active pickups and a choice of a solid metallic black paint or transp. red over quilted Maple veneer. I prefer the look of Maple, but I'm not a red person, so Black paint would be my choice. Shown below is the hardtail.

Acoustic:
Ibanez AJS1180ECENT. $1000. Only problem with this one is it seems to be in the process of being discontinued. I prefer a "traditional" look with acoustics - quilted Maple or figured Ash tops on what should be some variety of Spruce or Red Cedar seems out of place to me. I understand Ibby's $500-range acoustics are nice, too, but not as nice as this one. Hopefully there's a replacement coming.

Ibanez Exotic Wood EW20QMEBBD. One of those quilted Maple tops I mentioned. Price-wise, it's more palatable ($450) but it's also a sweatshop special from either Indonesia or China. :mad:

russisloud
05-17-2010, 08:41 PM
http://i128.photobucket.com/albums/p179/gopher_photo/washtub.jpg

russisloud
05-17-2010, 08:42 PM
http://www.musicgadgets.net/images/guitar3.jpg

pardonmyn00b
05-17-2010, 08:44 PM
If you can't make up your mind...
http://www.luxurylaunches.com/entry_images/0508/09/guitar.jpg

Ragnarok
05-18-2010, 12:00 AM
A guitar neck is like your manhood. If you think that one isn't enough then you probably won't know what to do with any of them, no matter how many you have. :nono:

Tentatively I have my heart set on the Ibby S7420 7-string electric and their EW20QMEBBD acoustic (the cheaper of the two I posted). Which I get first or if I get both will depend on how life treats me in another four or six months.

The Stray Cat
05-18-2010, 07:12 AM
Rag I never heard any one ever compare the guitar neck to his manhood before. I've seen them used as a portrayal of manhood on stage, but never compared together as you did.

THank you!

jeffro
05-18-2010, 07:42 AM
For some reason, I actually read the first few pages of this thread, and now.... my head hurts, does that mean I have a necro-ache. :blink::blink:

Does anybody have some Blue paint they want to share, I've had to go cold turkey today :jump:

russisloud
05-18-2010, 08:08 AM
i have just what you need, blue goo

The Stray Cat
05-18-2010, 08:18 AM
Boy if you think blue paint can mess up your wheelbase, just think what blue goo can do.

If Blue Skadoos, we can too!

russisloud
05-18-2010, 08:40 AM
http://www.zacktaylor.ca/photos/uncategorized/2008/12/30/blue.jpg

Waterboy
05-18-2010, 10:09 AM
i have just what you need, blue goo

hey man that looks like a blue turd worm!!!:banana:

The Stray Cat
05-18-2010, 10:13 AM
http://www.zacktaylor.ca/photos/uncategorized/2008/12/30/blue.jpg

Looks like someone watched Avayar too many times! :lol:

Oggy
05-18-2010, 11:14 AM
Looks like someone watched Avayar too many times! :lol:

looks like some one cant spell avatar :lol: :lol:

Oggy
05-18-2010, 11:17 AM
hey guys how is everyone?

i think i need to go to the doctors, for 6 months people have been telling me i'm suffering from depresion and anxiety, and now i've stoped denying it and think they are right.

anyone else suffered from depresion or anxiety, got any tips for me.

i'd prefer to try and get myself sorted without medication

Lee
05-18-2010, 11:35 AM
thats sad to hear oggy, hope you can get through it ok. ive heard some anti-depressants can mess people up quite abit so your probably right about trying to get through without the drugs.
see what the doc says first though obviously.

jeffro
05-18-2010, 11:45 AM
hey guys how is everyone?

i think i need to go to the doctors, for 6 months people have been telling me i'm suffering from depresion and anxiety, and now i've stoped denying it and think they are right.

anyone else suffered from depresion or anxiety, got any tips for me.

i'd prefer to try and get myself sorted without medication

I'm doing ok Oggy, how about yourself, has something changed in your life ?

Its easy for people to say "relax, it will be ok" but sometimes your brain says, "nope' it ain't happening dudes"

I have fought with that stuff for years. I do a lot of building, it helps to keep my mind at bay.. I over think everything. Some meds will mess with you,if you go that route, sometimes it takes several different tries before you find one that helps. It helps to talk to someone who is patient and understanding, sometimes..

Oggy
05-18-2010, 11:49 AM
i think my biggest problem is that i've been out of work for 18 months now.

i really feel i should be providing for my family

The Stray Cat
05-18-2010, 11:50 AM
Well Oggy, I'll tell ya what, I was diagnosed with depression a few years ago, and I did meds for it for a bit, but they tend to make ya stupid. My advice would be three things:

1. Excercise, doesn't have to be strenuous, just enough to tire out your body and mind, a good brisk walk that kind of thing.

2. Diet, eat good healthy foods, lots of fruits and veggies, believe it or not they help.

3. Now take this or leave it, but I found once I downsized my Hobby collection, I felt a lot better. It can become overwhelming and actually have an adverse effect from what you intended your hobby to do for ya. Kind of like when your little ones were really young and they would get to many toys for christmas or a birthday and they really didnt want toplay with any of them.

Hope it all goes good for ya bro, I'm only a PM away if ya need anymore advice!

On a side note, theres nothing that can be done about ADD, trust me on that one!:whip:

jeffro
05-18-2010, 11:52 AM
i think my biggest problem is that i've been out of work for 18 months now.

i really feel i should be providing for my family

I would say that is a good reason, and I have no answers for you on that one. Sorry Oggy, You would think that someday soon, things will change, but it sure don't look like it.

jeffro
05-18-2010, 11:54 AM
Well Oggy, I'll tell ya what, I was diagnosed with depression a few years ago, and I did meds for it for a bit, but they tend to make ya stupid. My advice would be three things:

1. Excercise, doesn't have to be strenuous, just enough to tire out your body and mind, a good brisk walk that kind of thing.

2. Diet, eat good healthy foods, lots of fruits and veggies, believe it or not they help.

3. Now take this or leave it, but I found once I downsized my Hobby collection, I felt a lot better. It can become overwhelming and actually have an adverse effect from what you intended your hobby to do for ya. Kind of like when your little ones were really young and they would get to many toys for christmas or a birthday and they really didnt want toplay with any of them.

On a side note, theres nothing that can be done about ADD, trust me on that one!:whip:

Thats a good call Rock.

Oggy
05-18-2010, 11:59 AM

1 just started walking again, i need to get fit

2 gota start doing that

3 done it, gone down from 27 r.c.'s to just 5

thanks for the kind words guys

The Stray Cat
05-18-2010, 12:09 PM
Hey Oggy, I would definitely recommend staying away from the meds if at all possible. First there is no garauntee they will work, secondly, like Jeffro said, ya might have to change them up to see which actually work, and last I was on them for two plus years and it becomes impossible to truly think straight, kind of like being in a fog constantly. You end up missing a lot, and believe me you don't want to miss any of your kiddos growing. I regret what I "missed" everyday. Of course at the time when I first started taking the meds, I was in really bad shape, dark room, suicidal thoughts, bad shape. But things do get better, my life for all practical purposes is not any different then it was back then, I'm not rich, my wife and I still have to make the budget fit everyweek, I just got a good counselor, and changed my way of life. The walks especially in the late evening, really help clear my head and give me time to be alone with my thoughts too clear them up.

pardonmyn00b
05-18-2010, 12:56 PM
I was diagnosed with anxiety and depression a few years ago. The only thing is if you are ever sad or nervous about anything a doctor will say you are depressed and want to prescribe you junk.

These are my secrets to success and have made me love life more than ever. I'm straight edge so I don't take mind/mood altering drugs. I had to come up with other means of happiness.
-Have a negative outlook on life. When something good happens, you will be twice as happy.
-Go outside often, ride a bike, walk. Just be one with nature.
-Get rid of 75% of your friends. I have 3 friends and I love it. More time to do things I want to do.
-Listen to good music
-Get a hobby that makes you feel good about yourself. You should already have that one ;)

The Stray Cat
05-18-2010, 01:08 PM
I was diagnosed with anxiety and depression a few years ago. The only thing is if you are ever sad or nervous about anything a doctor will say you are depressed and want to prescribe you junk.

These are my secrets to success and have made me love life more than ever. I'm straight edge so I don't take mind/mood altering drugs. I had to come up with other means of happiness.
-Have a negative outlook on life. When something good happens, you will be twice as happy.
-Go outside often, ride a bike, walk. Just be one with nature.
-Get rid of 75% of your friends. I have 3 friends and I love it. More time to do things I want to do.
-Listen to good music
-Get a hobby that makes you feel good about yourself. You should already have that one ;)

Yep outdoors is a big helper, and actually yes less friends you must entertain on a regualr basis the better off you are.

Waterboy
05-18-2010, 03:42 PM
sorry to hear that oggy:( if you need any help we are here for you, and if you ever just wanna talk, well same thing. Not in a gay way lol!:lolbeat:

Oggy
05-18-2010, 03:58 PM
thanks for all the advice guys, i'm gona see the doc, but i'm gona tell him i don't want drugs

russisloud
05-18-2010, 07:00 PM
Just Say No!

Waterboy
05-18-2010, 07:49 PM
say no say no say no!

Bullitt
05-18-2010, 08:00 PM
This should make you feel a little better Oggy.

On the way home today, I noticed that my car is making a little noise, but not too bad. I make it halfway home and my car misses... then it misses again... then my battery light comes on. I have 204,000 miles on it and I was due to have the timing belt replaced at 217K. I pull over after coasting as long as I can and do the routine. I pull the timing belt cover off and I notice that there is slop in the timing belt. The belt tensioner broke. I get someone to pull my car to the next town, I get a ride home and my car will get towed to the VW place tomorrow. I wonder how much they are going to try poke me for tomorrow?

Harry

The Stray Cat
05-18-2010, 08:24 PM
doesn't sound like much fun Harry!

Bullitt
05-18-2010, 08:32 PM
It wasn't Ed. Trying to make calls while semi trucks were rolling down the road makes it hard to hear. It is a good thing that we have savings because it is going to be a bunch.

Harry

The Stray Cat
05-18-2010, 08:37 PM
Yep I can imagine its going to hurt the ol' wallet a bit. Did Bigdawgz help ya out earlier??

Ragnarok
05-18-2010, 08:41 PM
Schadenfreude? :blink: I don't take delight in other people's misfortune. Hope the sting is real slight.

Bullitt
05-18-2010, 09:32 PM
Yep I can imagine its going to hurt the ol' wallet a bit. Did Bigdawgz help ya out earlier??

Yes- got the dims I needed, now I just need to make a phone call tomorrow:firedevil:

Schadenfreude? :blink: I don't take delight in other people's misfortune. Hope the sting is real slight.

I know Rag. The sting has worn off a little, but it will be in full swarm tomorrow. These are the same guys that said to replace my transmission, it was going to be $5200. This one should be a no-brainer. Timing belt replacement and check the valves to make sure they did not hit the piston. If it does, I do want to see the parts. It should be about $1000. Ouch is right, but I was expecting to have to do this in a month, or so.

Harry

Waterboy
05-19-2010, 09:43 AM
sorry to hear Harry. What kind of car is it?

Oggy
05-19-2010, 10:05 AM
harry, hope there is no damage to the internals

russisloud
05-19-2010, 11:10 AM
http://dieselgiant.com/mercedesblock48.JPG

Waterboy
05-19-2010, 12:04 PM
what is that?

Oggy
05-19-2010, 12:23 PM
thats a piston thats had an intimate relationship with the valves

The Stray Cat
05-19-2010, 12:26 PM
thats a piston thats had an intimate relationship with the valves

very intimate relationship!:rolling:

russisloud
05-19-2010, 01:34 PM
yep

The Stray Cat
05-19-2010, 01:44 PM
Looks like it might have been a pretty volatile relationship!:p

THE_JOKER
05-19-2010, 02:14 PM
Im in love!........... :drool:

http://www.madwhips.com/upload/images/conquest_knight_xv_sema_2008_2-568-426.jpg

http://www.instylecars.com/wp-content/uploads/2009/05/2009-conquest-knight-xv.jpg

http://www.marketwire.com/library/20091208-conquest_knight_xv_01.jpg

http://www.marketwire.com/library/20091208-conquest_knight_xv_02.jpg

http://manonthemove.com/wp-content/uploads/2010/04/Marc-Ecko-Ansonia.jpg

Ragnarok
05-19-2010, 02:22 PM
I think Darth Vader had one of those surgically removed.

Oggy
05-19-2010, 02:25 PM
i really like it, but i'm not sure about the wheels

THE_JOKER
05-19-2010, 02:29 PM
She's a big beasty too.

http://www.topgear.com.ph/blogs/head-over-wheels/wp-content/uploads/2009/06/knight-xv-suv-vs-hummer.jpg

Ragnarok
05-19-2010, 02:35 PM
Holy crap! It makes the H2 Girlie Hummer look like a Suzuki Samurai. :blink:

Where is the official site for this beaut? EDIT: Never mind, just found it. :D

THE_JOKER
05-19-2010, 02:36 PM
I know, its killer!

http://conquestvehicles.com/

LondonF350
05-19-2010, 02:37 PM
:omg:

The Stray Cat
05-19-2010, 02:40 PM
OH yeah I need me one of those, gas mileage can't be much worse than my 5.7 Hemi Durango right?

sk8te-penguin
05-19-2010, 02:42 PM
Do want!

Ragnarok
05-19-2010, 02:43 PM
It's based on a V10 Ford F350 and dresses out at six tons, so I'd say…1 highway, 0 city.

THE_JOKER
05-19-2010, 02:44 PM
EDIT, Rag beat me to it, so back to the drooling :drool:

LondonF350
05-19-2010, 02:45 PM
How about this bad boy.....?
Kinda Russian version of the XV :eek:

http://www.instablogsimages.com/images/2010/04/12/kombat-t98_D4VRR_1292.jpg

Lee
05-19-2010, 02:47 PM
think i had those rims on midnight club dub edition.

THE_JOKER
05-19-2010, 02:49 PM
Not big enough Leo :lol:

LondonF350
05-19-2010, 02:50 PM
Yeah, it might be big, but the XV still only has 4 seats!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! :lol:

Ragnarok
05-19-2010, 02:50 PM
Does that Russian Mafia street tank really need "combat" on the hood to make it more imposing? With those rims, maybe it does. I'll take Vader's Popemobile over that coldwar-tech sporting The People's Bling any day.

THE_JOKER
05-19-2010, 02:51 PM
Thats cause of the god knows how much armour taking up the place lol.

EDIT: Seats 6 actually Leo :lol:

LondonF350
05-19-2010, 02:53 PM
Another one with the h2.... :eek:

http://img.thesun.co.uk/multimedia/archive/01040/humer-682_1040140a.jpg