PDA

View Full Version : between me an rangerboy - OFFICIAL THREAD MISSION STATEMENT POST #253

Pages : 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 [28] 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 51 52 53 54 55 56 57 58 59 60 61 62 63 64 65 66 67 68 69 70 71 72 73 74 75 76 77 78 79 80 81 82

Bullitt
07-28-2010, 09:12 AM
Why are you putting yourself through so much torture over there noob? I had the same type of setup on my old XC. I did not extend the chassis as much as you did, but I was only running a clod body too. The Junfac axle really makes the truck pop. Looks good and I hope you will continue your thread over here.

Harry

The Stray Cat
07-28-2010, 09:16 AM
Why are you putting yourself through so much torture over there noob? I had the same type of setup on my old XC. I did not extend the chassis as much as you did, but I was only running a clod body too. The Junfac axle really makes the truck pop. Looks good and I hope you will continue your thread over here.

Harry

X2:D

pardonmyn00b
07-28-2010, 09:19 AM
Yeah I'm done, plus LR3 is there and we all know about him. I'll certainly continue it here, hope to update it soon. I'm going to build the drop bed first. I want to do it super scale and I have no excuse not to since I have one sitting in my driveway to measure off of. Yeah that rear axle is sweet, and it kind of looks Toyota'ish. More so than the stock xc one at least.

The Stray Cat
07-28-2010, 09:29 AM
Hey Noob, did I miss the two bodies you were going to be selling? I was out of it for a few days there and just remembered you said something about it.

MojaveMonster
07-28-2010, 09:38 AM
Killer build, Noob. My F-150 pulls just fine.

I learned something from a Mod the other day. I guess a few years ago those guys over there wanted to merge websites. Let's thank our Mods that they declined and kept this place real.

Thank You, Cheers Fellas!!!

AeroSynch
07-28-2010, 09:42 AM
http://thechive.files.wordpress.com/2010/07/captions-lolz-12.jpg?w=500&h=411

pardonmyn00b
07-28-2010, 09:45 AM
Hey Noob, did I miss the two bodies you were going to be selling? I was out of it for a few days there and just remembered you said something about it.
Nope, didn't miss em. Like I said, I started a 110, but since RC4WD is going to be selling them for pennies I'd lose my arse. I put it on the shelf and will build it up later for myself(always wanted one anyway). I'm almost done with a clod based K5 Blazer with removable top. Should be done in a few days.

Killer build, Noob. My F-150 pulls just fine.

I learned something from a Mod the other day. I guess a few years ago those guys over there wanted to merge websites. Let's thank our Mods that they declined and kept this place real.

Thank You, Cheers Fellas!!!
A merger would be disastrous. Everyone would be calling people chumps unless they had a lifted F-350 on 100 inch tires.

The Stray Cat
07-28-2010, 10:11 AM
Yep a merger would definitely have a lot of us members here, just walking away, and maybe starting a new site on our own! I can't stand the attitude BS on RCC.

pardonmyn00b
07-28-2010, 10:19 AM
Could we call the new site scale4x4rcsandpizza.org? I really like pizza

The Stray Cat
07-28-2010, 10:26 AM
Could we call the new site scale4x4rcsandpizza.org? I really like pizza

ScaleRCBACON-n-pizzaina4x4:bacondance:

Bullitt
07-28-2010, 10:28 AM
I threw in the town last night. I finally had a chance to look over the Datsun with the 18R gear. I do not have the cahones to cut up the "frame" in order to make the suspension fit. It does not get much smaller than 18R gear, and some of that would not fit. The front shocks would be poking though the hood unless the inner fenders were cut up completely, and the rear deck would just have to go away and rebuild a whole new structure. While I was moaning and being real ****y about it, my ipod switched to the next song. VH 5150...and my mood changed. The body is made so that the very last thing that is done while assembling the model kit, you slide the body over the frame and and secure the front part to the chassis with these two rubber grommets. I have decided to stretch the RC18R and make an aluminum plate that will mount to the underside. This plate will give the chassis some stiffness and protect the body. When I want to see all the details, I will remove the body and mount it to the fully detailed model kit. This is the only solution I think I can handle.

Harry

Oggy
07-28-2010, 10:28 AM
evening guys, hope everyones ok.

rcc is going downhill, i hardly go on there any more

The Stray Cat
07-28-2010, 10:55 AM
What up OGGY?

Harry that sounds like a better plan than chopping that piece of beauty up!

Waterboy
07-28-2010, 11:07 AM
Girls, ladies, women. You're probably unaware of their existence, but in a few years you'll start to see them everywhere.
Oh im aware all right:firedevil:

Yeah I'm done, plus LR3 is there and we all know about him. I'll certainly continue it here, hope to update it soon. I'm going to build the drop bed first. I want to do it super scale and I have no excuse not to since I have one sitting in my driveway to measure off of. Yeah that rear axle is sweet, and it kind of looks Toyota'ish. More so than the stock xc one at least.

Yes!! Your going to be over here more!!:excited: The drop bed will be awesome n00b considering the one you made for the hilux. The axle (rcchannel is it) is sweet^_^

evening guys, hope everyones ok.

rcc is going downhill, i hardly go on there any more

Morning (Evening to you) Oggster, im ok, sizzling, but ok.

Me too. I consider it the armpit of rc forums.

Bullitt
07-28-2010, 11:07 AM
That is what I was thinking. I think I will shelve it for a little while and start working on the trailer. :firedevil:

Harry

Waterboy
07-28-2010, 11:49 AM
hey brownie you have your phone yet?

spankrjs
07-28-2010, 12:17 PM
According to people RCC, you can't pull trailers of any kind with 1/2 ton trucks. Did anyone else know this?

Dont show them little tweens this pic then:banana:

http://i816.photobucket.com/albums/zz90/spankrjs/100_4536.jpg

I would be willing to bet 90% of the little turds making all the noise on that site dont even have a drivers license, the other 10% get to borrow mommies 15 year old minivan on Friday night if they eat all their veggies like good little snookums;)

And yep, that would be a 1/4 ton pulling about 3000lbs. Passed a few surprised/confused looking Ford and Chevy drivers on the way to the body shop:blink::Happybounce::banana:

The Stray Cat
07-28-2010, 12:20 PM
I love that Renegade!!!! And yes the Mouths over on RCC almost all drive ford escapes or mini vans, not a one of them know for real.

spankrjs
07-28-2010, 12:23 PM
That is what I was thinking. I think I will shelve it for a little while and start working on the trailer. :firedevil:

Harry

:omg::nono::bs2::dunno::cryin:

Just kidding Harry:nice: I was going to suggest making a "Pan" type chassis, like the early early Tamiya kits, but you beat me to that conclusion:chug:

That is how Tamiya adopted the Scale Porsche's to RC, slap the uber scale body on a flat aluminum plate:crazy:

spankrjs
07-28-2010, 12:25 PM
I love that Renegade!!!! And yes the Mouths over on RCC almost all drive ford escapes or mini vans, not a one of them know for real.

I'm going to miss my Renegade, but at least I know it is going to a good home:)

Oggy
07-28-2010, 12:27 PM
What up OGGY?

just looking after the wife, the scar and brusing look really impresive on her leg now

The Stray Cat
07-28-2010, 12:33 PM
just looking after the wife, the scar and brusing look really impresive on her leg now

Glad to hear Oggy, you're a good man, no matter what Sk8te says!:lolbeat:

Oggy
07-28-2010, 12:46 PM
Glad to hear Oggy, you're a good man, no matter what Sk8te says!:lolbeat:

whats sk8teless hampster been saying? :lolbeat: :lolbeat:

he's been pretty quiet on this thread lately

pardonmyn00b
07-28-2010, 01:01 PM
And yep, that would be a 1/4 ton pulling about 3000lbs. Passed a few surprised/confused looking Ford and Chevy drivers on the way to the body shop:blink::Happybounce::banana:

Lol, great pic. That would make their RCC brains explode

Bullitt
07-28-2010, 01:06 PM
They would say it was photshopped!

Harry

Speedy Brownie
07-28-2010, 01:07 PM
hey brownie you have your phone yet?

ya WB i just got it:banana: at the resort i was staying at, there was a water park so before i got into the water, i took my cell phone out of my pocket and put it on some towels where i was sitting. I come back 30 min later (after a pie eating contest by the way:sht:) and it was gone. We looked everywhere but eventually we had to leave the resort. The resort called us the next day and told us they had my phone. It turns out that the workers saw towels sitting on an empty chair, thought it wasnt being used, and put the towels in the dirty towel bin with my cell phone in it :banghead: picked it up yesterday

Waterboy
07-28-2010, 01:37 PM
ya WB i just got it:banana: at the resort i was staying at, there was a water park so before i got into the water, i took my cell phone out of my pocket and put it on some towels where i was sitting. I come back 30 min later (after a pie eating contest by the way:sht:) and it was gone. We looked everywhere but eventually we had to leave the resort. The resort called us the next day and told us they had my phone. It turns out that the workers saw towels sitting on an empty chair, thought it wasnt being used, and put the towels in the dirty towel bin with my cell phone in it :banghead: picked it up yesterday

ok ill call you:sht: on my psp:banana: wow thats kinda sad<_<

sk8te-penguin
07-28-2010, 01:49 PM
whats sk8teless hampster been saying? :lolbeat: :lolbeat:

he's been pretty quiet on this thread lately

Thats because I can't keep up :lolbeat:

Speedy Brownie
07-28-2010, 01:50 PM
ok ill call you:sht: on my psp:banana: wow thats kinda sad<_<

you can call people on your psp?????:wacko::confused::thinking:

Waterboy
07-28-2010, 01:55 PM
Yep!!:update: I just did it, but i need to get out my headset...:wacko:

The Stray Cat
07-28-2010, 01:59 PM
WB you have way to much time on your hands!

pardonmyn00b
07-28-2010, 02:02 PM
PSP's can do more than I thought they could.

Waterboy
07-28-2010, 02:05 PM
WB you have way to much time on your hands!
trust me.... wait yes, i do.:Happybounce:
PSP's can do more than I thought they could.

Oh yeah. It has internet radio, watch youtube, (and if you like the vid you can download it onto your psp so you can watch the vid any time) you can buy a camera that mounts to the psp and has 1.5 megapixels (The DSI has .3 megapixels) music, photos, games, movies, and the playstation store:excited:

Speedy Brownie
07-28-2010, 02:08 PM
Call me again WB

Waterboy
07-28-2010, 02:53 PM
Call me again WB

Ok, and I'm typing off my iPad now :banana::banana::D

Lee
07-28-2010, 02:59 PM
ipad sounds like something youd find in a ladies toiletry bag.

Speedy Brownie
07-28-2010, 04:25 PM
exactly why waterboys using it

pardonmyn00b
07-28-2010, 04:54 PM
:lol:

Waterboy
07-28-2010, 06:43 PM

what were you laughing at son?^_^

MojaveMonster
07-28-2010, 07:17 PM
Man I wish I could win this on ebay but it's out of my hands now. New in box with the stickers not even on it. Same condition it was in on X-mas morning so many years ago.

edit: pics removed as I'm still in

Edit2: Ok I lost it. There's something similar ending in 2 days. Can't tell you guys yet, don't need no competition.

MojaveMonster
07-28-2010, 07:33 PM
My GF gets free things from her work sometimes. Not long ago she came home with a iPod but she already has a mp3 player so I took it and said " MyPod". So that's what I call it now. MyPod

russisloud
07-28-2010, 08:53 PM
is there really anything nice i can say to this guy, mind you i sent his ebay order out the next day.

"how come you didn't provide a tracking number, did you even ship my order?"

he neve asked for one, so i send it to him and get this

"I ordered from a r/c company(JConcepts) on 7/24/10 at night and I received the item today 7/28/10. You know I am going to rate you right."

so other this telling him to f-off i really don't have anything nice to say

MojaveMonster
07-28-2010, 09:08 PM
It's in the hands of the Carrier. Tell him to rate the Carrier.

Ragnarok
07-28-2010, 09:57 PM
Two things:

A C-17 went down up here at Elmendorf AFB about an hour ago. There's an airshow this weekend, so it may have been involved in rehearsals. My brother in Anchorage said he could see smoke coming from Elmendorf. No known cause. May not know what it was or if there are any survivors until tomorrow.

Less important, got a bigassed Jeep in TF3 - Rollbar. Pics below

Speedy Brownie
07-28-2010, 10:10 PM
ITS AN AUTOBOT!!!!! :eager:

The Stray Cat
07-28-2010, 10:52 PM
is there really anything nice i can say to this guy, mind you i sent his ebay order out the next day.

"I ordered from a r/c company(JConcepts) on 7/24/10 at night and I received the item today 7/28/10. You know I am going to rate you right."

Russ just tell him to **** off, I just dealt with a moron on Ebay that sounded the same way, what is the username of your guy maybe its the same dumba$$. Well Russ considering, I've had 10 or so packages sent from you I can honestly say you ship in a very timely fashion and I never had any complaints!

MojaveMonster
07-28-2010, 11:47 PM
Russ, You using those XFactor axles yet?

Lee
07-29-2010, 03:07 AM
Two things:

A C-17 went down up here at Elmendorf AFB about an hour ago. There's an airshow this weekend, so it may have been involved in rehearsals. My brother in Anchorage said he could see smoke coming from Elmendorf. No known cause. May not know what it was or if there are any survivors until tomorrow.

rag, in airshows over here health and saftey got involved, planes cant go over the crowd and instead of shooting targets they have to use crappy pyrotechnics on the ground that go off as the plane goes over. they put a hell of alot of smoke out, was probably just one of those.
we had the same thing at the uk scale open, was a load of smoke in the distance and just turned out to be a pyro :nice:

spankrjs
07-29-2010, 07:08 AM
Less important, got a bigassed Jeep in TF3 - Rollbar. Pics below

That could quite possibly be the tackiest jeep to go down the tasteless isle at the parts store with a high powered magnet on sucking up any and all useless garbage that would stick to it:puke::puke::puke:

Who built that jeep, Liberachee:thinking::banghead::puke:

pardonmyn00b
07-29-2010, 07:10 AM

What a jackass. I'd contact ebay and give them a heads up about this jerk before he gives you a poor rating. Tell him to f-off, and then tell him you aren't J concepts either. And then, block him from bidding on your stuff ever again. I've done it to a few idiots.

pardonmyn00b
07-29-2010, 07:12 AM
That could quite possibly be the tackiest jeep to go down the tasteless isle at the parts store with a high powered magnet on sucking up any and all useless garbage that would stick to it:puke::puke::puke:

Who built that jeep, Liberachee:thinking::banghead::puke:

I agree, that thing is :(

Bullitt
07-29-2010, 07:52 AM
Morn' everybody. What did I miss?

Harry

The Stray Cat
07-29-2010, 08:07 AM
Morning Harry!, Evryone else who's watching morning to you too!

Bullitt
07-29-2010, 08:21 AM
I did not get to do anything or go online last night, but all I can tell is the SB and WB keep sending messages to each other saying to call each other. LOL

I hope everyone has a good day today.

Harry

Ragnarok
07-29-2010, 08:24 AM
Update on the C-17 crash at Elmendorf AFB: http://www.foxnews.com/us/2010/07/28/military-cargo-plane-crashes-elmendorf-air-force-base-word-casualties
rag, in airshows over here health and saftey got involved, planes cant go over the crowd and instead of shooting targets they have to use crappy pyrotechnics on the ground that go off as the plane goes over. they put a hell of alot of smoke out, was probably just one of those.

No. We don't do that up here. C-17 went down. Four dead.

The Stray Cat
07-29-2010, 08:42 AM
Update on the C-17 crash at Elmendorf AFB: http://www.foxnews.com/us/2010/07/28/military-cargo-plane-crashes-elmendorf-air-force-base-word-casualties

No. We don't do that up here. C-17 went down. Four dead.

Well that is sad, I hate to see soldiers die at all, let alone during training missions.

MojaveMonster
07-29-2010, 09:02 AM
^^^ As a Vet and a military supporter since the age of 19, I feel the same. Unfortunately training exercises is when most feel comfortable, sometimes too comfortable. You have to treat everything like it's the "real Deal". Sad news.

Anyway, Good Morning Folks. Dreamed all night how I could do a budget build with a 1:6 New Bright H 2 I seen and I think I got it figured out. Should only cost me on drive shafts.

The Stray Cat
07-29-2010, 09:06 AM
So I watched The Wolfman tuesday night, decent flick, not worth owning though IMO. It had a good story line, but they rushed it, and the CGI bits looked rush also.

MojaveMonster
07-29-2010, 09:27 AM
How come everytime I order an aluminum upgrade it looks weaker than the original plastic? This GH Racing Ax10 axle is going to brake for sure right at the connecting rod. There's no meat around the screw. I'm going to return this $80 pos and order up a bunch of plastic axles housings. So far "Duke" has broke two....or should I say the driver of.

Bullitt
07-29-2010, 09:48 AM
I really like the Traxxas shafts, except for the white plastic piece. If I could manage to drill a cross hole in my Tamiya pinion shaft, they would be great, but I cannot so they still suck.

Harry

Waterboy
07-29-2010, 09:56 AM
I did not get to do anything or go online last night, but all I can tell is the SB and WB keep sending messages to each other saying to call each other. LOL

I hope everyone has a good day today.

Harry

LOL i was seeing if i could call him on my psp:lol:

I really like the Traxxas shafts, except for the white plastic piece. If I could manage to drill a cross hole in my Tamiya pinion shaft, they would be great, but I cannot so they still suck.

Harry

Ive had to replace the stock shafts on my cr-01 with traxxas, took me an hour to get them on

:banghead:

Bullitt
07-29-2010, 10:27 AM
LOL i was seeing if i could call him on my psp:lol:

Ive had to replace the stock shafts on my cr-01 with traxxas, took me an hour to get them on

:banghead:

It took me three minutes to put them on the Tamiya pinion shaft, but it took three days for them to stay on. LOL

Harry

jeffro
07-29-2010, 01:02 PM
Question for you Waterboy (andrew) Are you really in Anthem AZ, cause if you are, you are only about an hour or so from my son. He's going to an HD Motorcycle Mechanic school in Phoenix.

You never know, maybe he's your neighbor, because he lives about an hour from the school from the sounds of it.

Waterboy
07-29-2010, 01:16 PM
Question for you Waterboy (andrew) Are you really in Anthem AZ, cause if you are, you are only about an hour or so from my son. He's going to an HD Motorcycle Mechanic school in Phoenix.

You never know, maybe he's your neighbor, because he lives about an hour from the school from the sounds of it.

Oh wow thats pretty cool! Where in phoenix is he at?:)

oldskoolmini
07-29-2010, 01:24 PM
good afternoon guys. or evening. my day has been awesome today! I passed my Compass test for school and got some fall semester classes. found a guy to fix mw wheelchair lift for my van.(who happens to own a big 4x4 truck shop and used to be my neighbor) and set up an appoinment with vocational rehab so i can find a place to get my licsense again. (hand controls require training in georgia). yup so good day indeed. except for the 3 hours of sleep and van needs the tires balanced.

The Stray Cat
Jeffro don't tell him, he might be a bad influence on your son!:lol:

The Stray Cat
good afternoon guys. or evening. my day has been awesome today! I passed my Compass test for school and got some fall semester classes. found a guy to fix mw wheelchair lift for my van.(who happens to own a big 4x4 truck shop and used to be my neighbor) and set up an appoinment with vocational rehab so i can find a place to get my licsense again. (hand controls require training in georgia). yup so good day indeed. except for the 3 hours of sleep and van needs the tires balanced.

Good to hear you had a rockin day OSM!:chug:

Oggy
07-29-2010, 01:28 PM

what do you mean "might", he's a bad influence on himself :D :D

Oggy
07-29-2010, 01:28 PM
evening everyone

The Stray Cat
07-29-2010, 01:39 PM
what do you mean "might", he's a bad influence on himself :D :D

:lol::crazy::rofl::bacondance:

jeffro
07-29-2010, 01:44 PM

In this case it might be the other way around, my son reminds me of talon or vice versa. :lol: Not a bad thing, at least you know what he is thinken, so ya kinda know when to run or duck, :) I stopped wrestling with my son when he was about 16, after he pinned me to the floor.

Then he did a stint in the Marines. He won't hurt a fly, well maybe, to hear him tell it.

Andrew, I haven't google mapped his address yet, but its W. Monterey Way in Phoenix

Waterboy
07-29-2010, 02:30 PM
Thats pretty funny!!:crazy:

ok ill look that up, might be close to us:bacondance:

Bullitt
07-29-2010, 10:05 PM
I took the afternoon and tomorrow off to spend some much need time to help out my brother and his family. His daughter bumped up her wedding to today so she would be sure he would be able to give her away.

Harry

Had to stop so I could help him out again. It is just a matter of time now. Hospice was finally approved by his wife this morning. Right now I just pray he goes quickly. This is the damn most painful thing I have ever been through.

Signing out for a while

Harry

russisloud
07-29-2010, 10:32 PM
merry christmas to all and to all a good night

pardonmyn00b
07-29-2010, 10:37 PM
I started to teach my 11 year old nephew how to work with styrene tonight. He had a blast. We are working on building scale accessories while he is saving money for a truck. He already said he wants to build a drop bed and a cap for it when he gets it. I've created a monster...:rofl:

The Stray Cat
07-29-2010, 10:42 PM
I took the afternoon and tomorrow off to spend some much need time to help out my brother and his family. His daughter bumped up her wedding to today so she would be sure he would be able to give her away.

Harry

Harry, you are a good man, for taking care of your bro and his fam like that.

merry christmas to all and to all a good night

And a happy new year too!

I started to teach my 11 year old nephew how to work with styrene tonight. He had a blast. We are working on building scale accessories while he is saving money for a truck. He already said he wants to build a drop bed and a cap for it when he gets it. I've created a monster...:rofl:

Sounds like a good time noob, Im planning on getting my 11 yr old daughter a SCX10 kit so I can teach her to build stuff too!

Bullitt
07-29-2010, 10:59 PM
Thanks Ed. I am very lucky to work for a company to say take the time you need.

Harry

spankrjs
07-30-2010, 07:10 AM
Sorry to hear that Harry, but at least you will get to spend some quality time with him and your family.

Your Friend,

Raymond

Bullitt
07-30-2010, 10:34 AM
Thanks fellas. He made it another night and we will just have to see what today will bring. I am sure my inner child will come out, and when it does, I will take pictures of the jeeps.

Harry

The Stray Cat
07-30-2010, 10:44 AM
Thanks fellas. He made it another night and we will just have to see what today will bring. I am sure my inner child will come out, and when it does, I will take pictures of the jeeps.

Harry

Were all here for ya Harry, enjoy the time you have, and let the inner child run free!:chug:

pardonmyn00b
07-30-2010, 12:19 PM
Let the inner child out and never let it go back in^_^

Sounds like a good time noob, Im planning on getting my 11 yr old daughter a SCX10 kit so I can teach her to build stuff too!

Here's what we came up with. He measured and cut all the pieces and glued em up. I painted it and built the handles. I told him if you can build this simple box, you'll be able to build anything you can imagine. And it's true.

I told my nephew I'd post it up to show you guys.
http://farm5.static.flickr.com/4104/4843770173_36a8f00d93.jpg

The Stray Cat
07-30-2010, 12:23 PM
Nice cooler, needs a 6 pack of Dew to go in it. Tell your nephew great job too!

sk8te-penguin
07-30-2010, 12:32 PM
Thats a brilliant box :nice:

russisloud
07-30-2010, 01:05 PM
Thats a brilliant box :nice:

sk8te might have a new home :wacko:

The Stray Cat
07-30-2010, 01:12 PM
sk8te might have a new home :wacko:

:lolbeat::rolling:

Lee
07-30-2010, 02:21 PM
I done a very silly thing earlier.
My mom is off in oz, so for the most part im home alone, apart from my granddad is staying over at nights.
I know nothing about cooking, i can put a pizzza in an oven and water in a pot noodle but thats pushing my limits. All i knew, there were 6 ginsters chicken and mushroom slices left in the freezer...
Id gone through the ones left in the fridge, so thought, ill get some out of the freezer to defrost, and whilst im at it, defrost them all at once...
Now i have until tomorow to finsih 6 ginsters chicken and mushroom slices before they go bad :lol:
dont know what ill eat sunday, monday or tuesday, unless i ration out the pot noodles and square bars... :lol:

russisloud
07-30-2010, 02:27 PM
:banana:

Oggy
07-30-2010, 02:31 PM
Let the inner child out and never let it go back in^_^

Here's what we came up with. He measured and cut all the pieces and glued em up. I painted it and built the handles. I told him if you can build this simple box, you'll be able to build anything you can imagine. And it's true.

I told my nephew I'd post it up to show you guys.
http://farm5.static.flickr.com/4104/4843770173_36a8f00d93.jpg

that looks great :excited: :excited:

russisloud
07-30-2010, 04:11 PM
i would like you all to know that i'm now home from work :D

MojaveMonster
07-30-2010, 05:11 PM
i would like you all to know that i'm now home from work :D

Woohoo, party time. I've been home from work about 4 or 5 months. :wave:

I've been having some good luck with ordering parts. About four times now I went to order something and it turns out to be out of stock, only one available, insufficient funds, etc. Every time it happened I quickly learned I didn't need it or it was the wrong one anyway. I think the RC Gods are watching over me. Thank You.

Bullitt
07-30-2010, 06:49 PM
that looks great :excited: :excited:

That I'd super awesome

Harry

pardonmyn00b
07-30-2010, 08:02 PM
Thanks guys, my nephew will be stoked about what y'all said about the cooler. No Mountain Dew though, my sister(his mother) is a recovering Mountain Dew addict. I don't want her to relapse.^_^

Waterboy
07-30-2010, 08:09 PM
Wow noon tell your nephew water boy says it looks great:nice: Off the hook. So you have an employee now?^_^

russisloud
07-30-2010, 08:10 PM
why are people talking about there "feelings" <_<

now the way i see it, thats kind of like talking about fight club! you just don't :crazy:

pardonmyn00b
07-30-2010, 08:12 PM
Wow noon tell your nephew water boy says it looks great:nice: Off the hook. So you have an employee now?^_^
Will do. Lol, yep I'm swamped with business. I need helpers.

why are people talking about there "feelings" <_<

Did the site get taken over by wyminz?

Waterboy
07-30-2010, 08:22 PM
Lol, I'll help yeah out:D

Talking about feelings, I've been thinking a lot about...

pardonmyn00b
07-30-2010, 08:53 PM
I have this friend, you see...he...

Ragnarok
07-30-2010, 10:26 PM

Iím good enough, Iím smart enough, and dog-gone it, people like me.

The Stray Cat
07-30-2010, 10:35 PM

Iím good enough, Iím smart enough, and dog-gone it, people like me.

another perfectly executed picture attachment by Sir Rag!:lolbeat:

oldskoolmini
07-30-2010, 11:54 PM
well guys I have been away from my one true passion way to long and i was finnally able to return to it today:excited:... with my mother asking why i did it. all i said was i should never be left unattended with bondo, sandpaper, and primer. my poor van finally got some plastic surgery on its arse. so i gave it a butt lift.:lolbeat:

i love the smell of bondo in the morning!!!!!!:juggster::hyper:

Bullitt
07-31-2010, 03:01 AM
This is the last bummer moment on this thread. David passed away at 12:15am, almost 4 hours ago. He was surrounded by a whole room full of family that loved him and is no longer in pain. Thanks to all the thoughts and prayers.

Harry

FunkyHunk
07-31-2010, 06:27 AM
Bummer dude, my deepest condolences.
You and your family will be in our thoughts.

pardonmyn00b
07-31-2010, 07:30 AM
Sorry to hear about your loss:(

oldskoolmini
07-31-2010, 08:20 AM
sorry to hear about that harry. atleast he isnt suffering anymore. i will keep your family in my prayers.

Bullitt
07-31-2010, 08:32 AM
Somebody needs to get back about bacon or something. I just wanted to let my buddies know.

Bacon

pardonmyn00b
07-31-2010, 08:33 AM
This bacon's for you

:bacondance:

Oggy
07-31-2010, 09:01 AM
harry, sorry for your loss, at least his suffering is over.

Lee
07-31-2010, 09:26 AM
sorry to hear that harry :(

Waterboy
07-31-2010, 09:26 AM
My condolences to you and your family Harry.:( Atleast hes not suffering

Oggy
07-31-2010, 01:04 PM
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=3VCWROijdwM

MojaveMonster
08-01-2010, 09:25 AM
Harry, Sorry I'm late but I put some prayers out there for your Family.

pardonmyn00b
08-01-2010, 12:39 PM
I just made some cash selling my mountain bike on craigs list. What am I going to do with that money? Buy another bike of course!

The Stray Cat
08-02-2010, 07:10 AM
Harry, SOrry for your loss bro, at least he went surrounded by loved ones, and his suffering is ended. So I'll buy ya an E-Beer and an E-Bacon sandwhich.

spankrjs
08-02-2010, 07:52 AM
My condolences to you and your family Harry.

Raymond

Waterboy
08-02-2010, 09:47 AM
I just made some cash selling my mountain bike on craigs list. What am I going to do with that money? Buy another bike of course!

The sunday 24inch?!:bacondance:

russisloud
08-02-2010, 04:41 PM
http://www.mecha.com/~conkle/mm/images/mega-hertz-1.jpg

russisloud
08-02-2010, 04:41 PM
i found that just for you waterboy :)

Waterboy
08-02-2010, 05:13 PM
and this is what i get when i type in russisloud:p 65185

:lolbeat:

pardonmyn00b
08-02-2010, 05:33 PM
The sunday 24inch?!:bacondance:
Nope, a cyclocross bike. It should be here Thursday. I'm so stoked to ride a road bike off road. :wacko:

Waterboy
08-02-2010, 05:48 PM
off road? um, good luck with that:rolling:

And ive saved up enough money for lipo!! So Im looking at the Turnigy nano-tech 5000mah 3S 45~90C Lipo Pack:
http://www.hobbyking.com/hobbyking/store/uh_viewItem.asp?idProduct=11956&Product_Name=Turnigy_nano-tech_5000mah_3S_45~90C_Lipo_Pack

Seems like it has the best bang for the buck. I want long run times, 3s, high discharge, and this seems to fit the bill. Does it look like a good choice for the slash n00b? And what is discharge?:chug:

russisloud
08-02-2010, 06:16 PM
and this is what i get when i type in russisloud:p 65185

i've been looking all over for that hat :wacko:

Waterboy
08-02-2010, 06:18 PM
I know right? Im helpful too^_^

russisloud
08-02-2010, 06:31 PM
http://www.photobasement.com/wp-content/uploads/2008/10/righthand.jpg

pardonmyn00b
08-02-2010, 07:20 PM
off road? um, good luck with that:rolling:

And ive saved up enough money for lipo!! So Im looking at the Turnigy nano-tech 5000mah 3S 45~90C Lipo Pack:
http://www.hobbyking.com/hobbyking/store/uh_viewItem.asp?idProduct=11956&Product_Name=Turnigy_nano-tech_5000mah_3S_45~90C_Lipo_Pack

Seems like it has the best bang for the buck. I want long run times, 3s, high discharge, and this seems to fit the bill. Does it look like a good choice for the slash n00b? And what is discharge?:chug:

The bike is made for on and off road. http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Cyclocross
Some day I'd like to race.

Looks good for the slash. I'm selling my slash at the moment. I have a 5000mah 3s turnigy pack that I won't be using anymore. I think its 25 or 35c. Perhaps you'd want it???

Ragnarok
08-03-2010, 08:54 AM
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=UH35Lde8nWk

Ragnarok
08-03-2010, 09:26 AM
Guys, I have a terrible confession to make…

I'm in love.

She's dark and mysterious. I look at her and I weep, fantasizing spending hours together, my fingers gliding gently over her and the beauteous sounds she'd make. But alas, I know she'll take everything I have and more. Every waking minute I would be with her, inseparable and forever bound. I would love her and despair. I might get to actually meet her in October, but I'll never be able take her home with me. My heart is already broken before I've been close to her, never to hear her or know her touch. :cryin: Here's what my beautiful misery looks like…

Waterboy
08-03-2010, 10:07 AM
The bike is made for on and off road. http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Cyclocross
Some day I'd like to race.

Looks good for the slash. I'm selling my slash at the moment. I have a 5000mah 3s turnigy pack that I won't be using anymore. I think its 25 or 35c. Perhaps you'd want it???

How many times have you used it? And how much?

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=UH35Lde8nWk

EPIC!!!:beer&buddy:

Guys, I have a terrible confession to makeÖ

I'm in love.

She's dark and mysterious. I look at her and I weep, fantasizing spending hours together, my fingers gliding gently over her and the beauteous sounds she'd make. But alas, I know she'll take everything I have and more. Every waking minute I would be with her, inseparable and forever bound. I would love her and despair. I might get to actually meet her in October, but I'll never be able take her home with me. My heart is already broken before I've been close to her, never to hear her or know her touch. :cryin: Here's what my beautiful misery looks likeÖ

She looks like fun to play with^_^

The Stray Cat
08-03-2010, 10:09 AM
Rag, before you you get completely snow-bound up there you may consider getting out a couple of times. LOL!

Speedy Brownie
08-03-2010, 10:10 AM
How do you tell a girl keyboard from a boy keyboard??? :thinking:

spankrjs
08-03-2010, 10:16 AM

Flip it upside down:lolbeat:

Waterboy
08-03-2010, 10:16 AM

Hey how was magic mountain?:bacondance:

I think it has something to do with the plug:rolling:

Speedy Brownie
08-03-2010, 10:31 AM
Hey how was magic mountain?:bacondance:

I think it has something to do with the plug:rolling:

It was really fun :bacondance:

And so if it is like a wireless keyboard then its a girl???? Rag does that keyboard have a plug???

Waterboy
08-03-2010, 10:49 AM
It appears to be a girl.

Oggy
08-03-2010, 12:57 PM
hey guys, it's pretty quiet on here lately, how is everyone?

The Stray Cat
08-03-2010, 01:01 PM
Al good Oggy, Been busy, this week is finals for the two college classes Im taking sooooo.....

Hows things across the pond???

Waterboy
08-03-2010, 01:01 PM
hey guys, it's pretty quiet on here lately, how is everyone?

im doing great. just took the slash out and ripped up the dirt, and did a front flip into a bush:D What about you oggster?

Speedy Brownie
08-03-2010, 01:02 PM
where are you right now WB??? In cali?

Oggy
08-03-2010, 01:19 PM
i'm ok guys, except for a really bad cold, i seem to be one of those people who catch anything going

at least i get to drink some whisky, purley medicinal you understand:angel:

The Stray Cat
08-03-2010, 01:49 PM
Medicinal whiskey, MY favorite!

Ragnarok
08-03-2010, 03:13 PM
Rag, before you you get completely snow-bound up there you may consider getting out a couple of times. LOL!
I know. :blink: One of my nephews got married yesterday, so I'm feeling even more "out of the loop."
Two answers. Choose whichever one you prefer.
1) They're like boats, or guitars: they're always female.
2) Male ones have pitch/mod sticks, female have pitch/mod wheels. See below.

Male (all Rolands, most Korgs):

Female (Kurzweil, Yamaha, Moog, etc.):

This has been Ragnar's electronic musical instrument anatomy lesson for today. :nice:

MojaveMonster
08-03-2010, 03:18 PM
Remember this one?

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=8XupQapyjhM&feature=related

pardonmyn00b
08-03-2010, 03:24 PM
Remember this one?

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=8XupQapyjhM&feature=related

I do, lol.

Waterboy
08-03-2010, 09:45 PM
Hey PMN what bout that batt?

WATERBOYS TIP OF THE DAY:

Do not let an 8 year old drive your vxl slash on the street:banghead: Gave it to him, he slammed the throttle and hit a curb at 40mph:mad: Broke the entire chassis and practically the whole front end. So p'od. But, he laughed his head off. Thats all that matters, right? To make a kid happy?:huh::banghead:

END OF TIPS. I fully endorse this tip and everyone should obey this tip.

And im in cali browie:chug:

Bullitt
08-03-2010, 09:51 PM
I know. :blink: One of my nephews got married yesterday, so I'm feeling even more "out of the loop."

You feel out of the loop? I have been away from work since Thursday morning. I have spent almost all of my time at David's house and very little time at my home. We had the funeral today and I feel my strength getting stronger everyday. I go back to work and hopefully some normalcy tomorrow. I hope all is well with you knuckleheads. I am looking forward to being able to catch up on Scale and start building again.

:nice:

Harry

Ragnarok
08-03-2010, 10:31 PM
Well, not out of the loop here - out of the loop in the real world. I'm feeling more and more left behind or left out because I'm not progressing or getting on with my life. I'm stuck. Besides, I couldn't go to the wedding 'cause it was in Salt Lake. :blink:

Ragnarok
08-03-2010, 11:55 PM
Hey PMN what bout that batt?

WATERBOYS TIP OF THE DAY:

Do not let an 8 year old drive your vxl slash on the street:banghead: Gave it to him, he slammed the throttle and hit a curb at 40mph:mad: Broke the entire chassis and practically the whole front end. So p'od. But, he laughed his head off. Thats all that matters, right? To make a kid happy?:huh::banghead:

END OF TIPS. I fully endorse this tip and everyone should obey this tip.

And im in cali browie:chug:

Would you give a loaded gun to an eight-year-old whose concepts of gun safety were learned from Loony Tunes? I wouldn't let a grub of that age touch anything faster than a stock Grasshopper.

Ragnarok
08-04-2010, 12:39 AM
Fry crack corn and I don't care,
Leela crack corn, I still don't care,
Bender crack corn and he is great!
Take that you stupid corn!

And with that, good night.

Oggy
08-04-2010, 12:43 AM
Harry, glad to hear you are doing ok, we are all looking forward to seeing you restart your build

The Stray Cat
08-04-2010, 06:25 AM
Morning gentlemen, and I use that term loosely! How's it going today?

Harry glad to hear you're making it ok.

Oggy
08-04-2010, 06:56 AM
hi ed, i'm doing fine thanks :bacondance: :bacondance: :bacondance:

just a little hung over, that was some strong medicine :beer&buddy: :beer&buddy:

The Stray Cat
08-04-2010, 07:10 AM
hi ed, i'm doing fine thanks :bacondance: :bacondance: :bacondance:

just a little hung over, that was some strong medicine :beer&buddy: :beer&buddy:

:D so on top of being sick, you're hung over! A whiskey in your tea is all takes oggy, not a litle tea in your bottle of whiskey!:)

Bullitt
08-04-2010, 08:50 AM
I think Oggy put his tea bag in his cup of whiskey. I don't know which helped more.

Harry

Oggy
08-04-2010, 09:31 AM
i didn't have any tea, just neat whisky :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:

The Stray Cat
08-04-2010, 09:37 AM
Well that explains the hang over Oggy, if you would've put some tea with it, you would be all set! :lol:

The Stray Cat
08-04-2010, 09:46 AM
Here is my feeling on this matter entirely, I hate 3-D films, sure it was cool wwhen it was a small once in awhile film done that way, made it kind of special, but 3-D now is just over hyped Garbage usually.
A joke making the rounds online involves a pair of red and green glasses and some blurry letters that say, “If you can’t make it good, make it 3-D.”

Oggy
08-04-2010, 09:47 AM
i don't drink tea :D

yes i know i'm english, but we don't all live on the stuff:D

The Stray Cat
08-04-2010, 10:02 AM
i don't drink tea :D

yes i know i'm english, but we don't all live on the stuff:D

I like Tea, especially Earle Grey Black tea. good stuff!

jake10684
08-04-2010, 11:58 AM
My "northerner" girlfriend swore up and down that she hated tea...until she had a proper glass of southern-style sweet iced tea. You know the kind...more like tea-flavored syrup? Now she loves the stuff. I'm pretty sure she'd also kill for a smoked brisket now, too.

Waterboy
08-04-2010, 12:11 PM
Fixed the slash already. Boy am i bored:lol:

Jake, my dad smokes brisket too:chug: He has a big Stump smoker and can fit my little sister in it:lolbeat:

Oh and yesterday i went to lazer tag, i totally recommend it. Even my dad said it was fun, and out of the 30 people there i came in 2nd place:D

Bullitt
08-04-2010, 12:11 PM
Your girlfriend sounds like good people.

Harry

jake10684
08-04-2010, 12:16 PM
Your girlfriend sounds like good people.

Harry

She's the best people, Harry. Soon-to-be more than a girlfriend, too. :chug:

The Stray Cat
08-04-2010, 12:18 PM
What part of Northerner is she?

Speedy Brownie
08-04-2010, 12:19 PM
Fixed the slash already. Boy am i bored:lol:

Jake, my dad smokes brisket too:chug: He has a big Stump smoker and can fit my little sister in it:lolbeat:

Oh and yesterday i went to lazer tag, i totally recommend it. Even my dad said it was fun, and out of the 30 people there i came in 2nd place:D

No matter how good you are at laser tag, you will never beat the champion...........me:shoot::shoot:

Waterboy
08-04-2010, 12:20 PM
She's the best people, Harry. Soon-to-be more than a girlfriend, too. :chug:

*pre before more than a girlfriend congratulations*:chug:

No matter how good you are at laser tag, you will never beat the champion...........me:shoot::shoot:

You wish. Im beast. I take em OUT!!!!

Speedy Brownie
08-04-2010, 12:27 PM
Next time you come to Arizona, we should go laser tagging :excited:

Waterboy
08-04-2010, 12:28 PM
Yeah we should thatll be epic:excited: Teams or me vs you?

Speedy Brownie
08-04-2010, 12:30 PM
Me and you vs. the world

jake10684
08-04-2010, 12:37 PM
What part of Northerner is she?

All the way up in Illinois! I know that's hardly considered the north, but to me it sure seems way on up there.

I know it's far enough north that people think I sound funny when I speak.

Waterboy
08-04-2010, 12:41 PM
Me and you vs. the world

Sounds good:chug: BTW,

im moving.

Speedy Brownie
08-04-2010, 12:42 PM
Sounds good:chug: BTW,

im moving.

Moving where???

Waterboy
08-04-2010, 12:46 PM
Well im going to start school in san luis obispo, in california. While my dad goes places for his job.

Speedy Brownie
08-04-2010, 12:47 PM
Well im going to start school in san luis obispo, in california. While my dad goes places for his job.

ugh :(

Waterboy
08-04-2010, 02:41 PM
ugh :(

I know.:( But its only for 2~3 months...

Speedy Brownie
08-04-2010, 03:03 PM
then what????

Waterboy
08-04-2010, 03:26 PM
Then we move somewhere. Were staying in california for 2-3 months in our rv.

The Stray Cat
08-04-2010, 03:31 PM
Okay you two take your conversation somewhere else, we have important things to discuss here, grown up things.

Waterboy
08-04-2010, 03:37 PM
Okay you two take your conversation somewhere else, we have important things to discuss here, grown up things.

:huh::(

What like toy trucks?:lolbeat:

Bullitt
08-04-2010, 03:56 PM
You two are carrying on like a couple of little girls. Man up and talk about chicks, coffee, or RCs. That back and forth garbage is going to get Ed all in a flutter. Don't make him go to to Cali and straiten you two out.

Harry

Waterboy
08-04-2010, 04:09 PM
You two are carrying on like a couple of little girls. Man up and talk about chicks, coffee, or RCs. That back and forth garbage is going to get Ed all in a flutter. Don't make him go to to Cali and straiten you two out.

Harry

LOL:lolbeat: ok,

Hows your girlfriend Kayla brownie?

coffee, um, man up about coffee? I dont get it.

I just drove my slash and launched of some huge jumps. And im making a homemade winch, NOT out of a servo.

Good?:banana:

Scalerlover
08-04-2010, 06:16 PM
:postwhore:

The Stray Cat
08-04-2010, 06:40 PM
Thanks for the back up Harry!

pardonmyn00b
08-04-2010, 07:07 PM
I just had the best altercation with a dude while I was riding my bicycle through town. We have this really weird 5 way stop in olde tyme downtown here. Some streets are one way, it's a mess. Anyway it was my turn to go so I was going through and this jackass runs a stop sign and is coming in hot at me while I'm turning. He barely misses me so I wtf at him in his rear view mirror. As I get up next to him he swerves at me. So, I swerve in front of him, slam on my brakes and kick his car. LOL! He calls me a prick and I head on through town. He catches up to me again, this time really getting close to me. He's pacing me swerving at me giving me bull****. Meanwhile, his child is sitting in the front seat of the car. Good example buddy. Some dude minding his own business on a bike nearly dies because you run a stop sign and blame the bike rider. I know I shouldn't have kicked his car, but F him. Share the road you jerk. Life rules. The end.

The Stray Cat
08-04-2010, 07:23 PM
Simply Awesome Noob!

pardonmyn00b
08-04-2010, 07:41 PM
I thought so. Good thing I'm getting a new bike tomorrow, my bright orange bike with green wheels is an easy target. :lol:

The Stray Cat
08-04-2010, 08:00 PM
Now you can find him again with your new bike and **** him off again! Since he won't recognize the bike!

pardonmyn00b
08-04-2010, 08:22 PM
Good idea! Next time I'll take my U-lock with me for protection. And I ain't talking about protection from thieves..

Bike lock right to the skull!

Speedy Brownie
08-04-2010, 08:34 PM

Harry

talk about coffee????:thinking:

pardonmyn00b
08-04-2010, 08:46 PM
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=kaHkEH3nk8w

Bullitt
08-04-2010, 09:57 PM
coffee, um, man up about coffee? I dont get it.

talk about coffee????:thinking:

You two are not allowed to have your IM conversations here anymore. The coffee comments were just another subject you could talk about because you two knuckleheads are too young to drink :D

PMN,
That was awesome. It must have been a day for tools today because on my way home today, this tool started to tailgate me. I mean really close and I was not in a mood to deal with this guy, so I did what came natural. I just slammed on the brakes. Not tapping the brakes to show the taillights, but as in nose of the car hitting the asphalt, scaring the poo out of you brake check. I saw him with much joy in my rear view mirror shifting positions of one hand on the wheel and one hand on the passenger seat to the "what in the hell is this butt-hole doing?" look. His final position was the ever classic double bird at me with the angry "If I had more hands, I would flip you off even more" look. I don't think the tool will be doing it again.

Harry

jake10684
08-04-2010, 10:25 PM
That deserves a high-five, Harry. Or at the very least, a knuckle-bump. I don't just give those out, either. I've tried doing that, but my big lumbering behemoth has the stopping distance of a 747, so it never quite works out.

Noob, if you can find that jerkoff again, use your U-lock to break his headlight.

I'm guilty of road rage, too. But I usually do things like finding a really slow truck on the interstate, move out to pass, and then match his speed for 5 or 10 miles. It's amazing how mad people will get when you block them in for 15 minutes doing 50 in a 70.

I also REFUSE to let people in at the bottlenecks in construction zones. They post signs miles in advance, and inevitably, some idiot will try to zoom around everyone to get all the way to the point it goes to one lane and then try to cut someone off. I have literally made contact with the vehicle in front of me in an effort to keep someone like that out.

Ragnarok
08-04-2010, 10:59 PM
Sounds like that tailgater learned to drive in Wasilla. I doubt you'll find a bigger concentration of stripedassed apes than up here. I drove past this place about three times since it happenedÖ

"Once the vehicle hit the home, it did not stop," said a witness, Palmer resident Rebecca Graham. "The driver's foot was still on the accelerator and the wheels were spinning quite fast, lots of smoke. No one was able to rescue the driver until after the back tire blew and finally the engine just seized."

"Rescue the driver"? For his sake I hope it was a diabetic seizure or something, 'cause "drunk" or "asleep" will land this toad muffin in the crowbar motel.

Full article (http://www.adn.com/2010/08/03/1394316/nobody-hurt-after-truck-hits-home.html)

jake10684
08-04-2010, 11:21 PM
Is something wrong with the BST or did my posting ability there magically get revoked in the last couple of hours? :huh:

Ragnarok
08-04-2010, 11:33 PM
I dunno. :thinking:

jake10684
08-04-2010, 11:35 PM
Maybe this is someone's way of telling me "you don't need any more parts 'til you've used the ones you have" and to go to bed. lol

Ragnarok
08-04-2010, 11:45 PM
There's been talk of shutting off replies in BST threads, so maybe they've finally put in effect. I'm an admin, but I sometimes don't get in on some of the Behind the Curtain machinations. :lol:

EDIT: Yup, that's exactly what happened. You'll need to contact the seller via PM from now on.

The Stray Cat
08-05-2010, 06:09 AM
I also REFUSE to let people in at the bottlenecks in construction zones. They post signs miles in advance, and inevitably, some idiot will try to zoom around everyone to get all the way to the point it goes to one lane and then try to cut someone off. I have literally made contact with the vehicle in front of me in an effort to keep someone like that out.

This is me too, Dont matter much anymore since I live in the middle of nowhere. but When I lived in Pittsburgh, which is a constant state of construction, and when I was living in Texas, I never let them shmucks get in. I had an Beretta one time and the guy actually rubbed the side of my car trying to get in, didn't matter to me, his was a siny black thing, mine was rust, maroon looking POS!

Bullitt
08-05-2010, 06:31 AM
No more bumps! Whoo Hoo!

Harry

Oggy
08-05-2010, 06:33 AM
afternoon guys, hows everyone in the US of A?

i'm off to watch some stock car racing later, this is what i'll be watching

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=5mvm8qMKXAM&feature=fvst

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=t_3ufnC4zfY

pardonmyn00b
08-05-2010, 07:23 AM
PMN,
That was awesome. It must have been a day for tools today because on my way home today, this tool started to tailgate me. I mean really close and I was not in a mood to deal with this guy, so I did what came natural. I just slammed on the brakes. Not tapping the brakes to show the taillights, but as in nose of the car hitting the asphalt, scaring the poo out of you brake check. I saw him with much joy in my rear view mirror shifting positions of one hand on the wheel and one hand on the passenger seat to the "what in the hell is this butt-hole doing?" look. His final position was the ever classic double bird at me with the angry "If I had more hands, I would flip you off even more" look. I don't think the tool will be doing it again.

Harry

Every day is the day for tools, I swear. I love annoying tailgaters almost as much as I love kicking cars. I have a scratch on the back of my Tundra that needs fixed, I should brake check some clown so he slams into the back of it. I just hope that fool would have insurance.

The Stray Cat
08-05-2010, 07:34 AM
So what are the new BST rules? I like the idea of no bumping too, but what are the guidelines? Were they posted somewhere and I can't find them?

Ragnarok
08-05-2010, 08:36 AM
They're forthcoming, but I think the only alteration is the "no more replies in the BST forum." The eBay and feedback sub-forums are unchanged.

The Stray Cat
08-05-2010, 09:21 AM
So what will the rule be for reposting(bumping) the thread? RCC is every two weeks can be reposted.

spankrjs
08-05-2010, 09:38 AM
No more bumps! Whoo Hoo!

Harry

I hope you are referring to "thread bumps" and not "lovely lady lumps":Happybounce::lolbeat:

jake10684
08-05-2010, 09:50 AM
This is me too, Dont matter much anymore since I live in the middle of nowhere. but When I lived in Pittsburgh, which is a constant state of construction, and when I was living in Texas, I never let them shmucks get in. I had an Beretta one time and the guy actually rubbed the side of my car trying to get in, didn't matter to me, his was a siny black thing, mine was rust, maroon looking POS!

The only thing I ever worry about are my mirrors. Smaller cars hit my step rails long before they hit the side of the truck. Bigger vehicles might take the mirror off, though.

One time recently, I was in a situation like that, and I just moved up to within inches of the big rig in front of me. There was another big truck behind me that was so close I couldn't see his headlights. And then there was the guy in the next "lane", trying to weave in and out of the cones in hopes that someone would let him in. He finally stopped, and for as long as he was within view in my mirror, not a soul let him in. Made my day...

Waterboy
08-05-2010, 11:10 AM
I just had the best altercation with a dude while I was riding my bicycle through town. We have this really weird 5 way stop in olde tyme downtown here. Some streets are one way, it's a mess. Anyway it was my turn to go so I was going through and this jackass runs a stop sign and is coming in hot at me while I'm turning. He barely misses me so I wtf at him in his rear view mirror. As I get up next to him he swerves at me. So, I swerve in front of him, slam on my brakes and kick his car. LOL! He calls me a prick and I head on through town. He catches up to me again, this time really getting close to me. He's pacing me swerving at me giving me bull****. Meanwhile, his child is sitting in the front seat of the car. Good example buddy. Some dude minding his own business on a bike nearly dies because you run a stop sign and blame the bike rider. I know I shouldn't have kicked his car, but F him. Share the road you jerk. Life rules. The end.

Thats epic n00b:banana: Good job lol:nice:

And i got my first paycheck today,

$140 BABY!!! Wooohooo! Time for some lipo! (The battery, not liposuction:update:)

Speedy Brownie
08-05-2010, 11:13 AM
Thats epic n00b:banana: Good job lol:nice:

And i got my first paycheck today,

$140 BABY!!! Wooohooo! Time for some lipo! (The battery, not liposuction:update:)

Your lucky, i get $120 a month:mad: :lol:

Scalerlover
08-05-2010, 11:13 AM
So what will the rule be for reposting(bumping) the thread? RCC is every two weeks can be reposted.

Yeah, i see the new rule is posted, but what about reposting ?
I could see once a week or, every 3-4 days maybe, but if you dont make a rule, there will be the ones making a new thread every day or 2.

Scalerlover
08-05-2010, 11:14 AM
Your lucky, i get $120 a month:mad: :lol:

Your both lucky, i dont get paychecks....

Waterboy
08-05-2010, 11:17 AM
Your lucky, i get $120 a month:mad: :lol: HAHA! :lol:
Your both lucky, i dont get paychecks.... But you have trucks!^_^

Scalerlover
08-05-2010, 11:21 AM
But you have trucks!^_^

I have piles of parts, none of them are done... :crazy:

Waterboy
08-05-2010, 11:28 AM

Lol, get crackin man!!:whip:

Speedy Brownie
08-05-2010, 11:30 AM

Better start building then :crazy:

Lee
08-05-2010, 11:52 AM
just dropped the savage in for a service at wheelspin, whilst i was in the owner asked if id like a job in there, im starting saturday :chug:

Waterboy
08-05-2010, 11:56 AM
just dropped the savage in for a service at wheelspin, whilst i was in the owner asked if id like a job in there, im starting saturday :chug:

Congrats Lee! Thats awesome, id love to have a job at a Hobby shop, im pretty smart^_^:burnout:

Better start building then :crazy:

I wouldnt be talking:lol:

spankrjs
08-05-2010, 11:57 AM
Yeah, i see the new rule is posted, but what about reposting ?
I could see once a week or, every 3-4 days maybe, but if you dont make a rule, there will be the ones making a new thread every day or 2.

That is exactly what I was thinking of doing myself:chug::lolbeat::rant::wave:

The Stray Cat
08-05-2010, 12:16 PM
[QUOTE=Waterboy;706060]Congrats Lee! Thats awesome, id love to have a job at a Hobby shop, im pretty smart^_^:burnout:
QUOTE]

:lolbeat::rolling::lolbeat: Im sorry that's the funniest thing I've heard all day!

Waterboy
08-05-2010, 12:28 PM
[QUOTE=Waterboy;706060]Congrats Lee! Thats awesome, id love to have a job at a Hobby shop, im pretty smart^_^:burnout:
[QUOTE]

:lolbeat::rolling::lolbeat: Im sorry that's the funniest thing I've heard all day!

What, i spelled everything correctllety?

Lee
08-05-2010, 02:41 PM
lol, thanks wb.
im hoping to get some more days in, my boss was on the phone earlier asking if i can work tomorow but im busy :(
plus its half an hours drive away from home.

Waterboy
08-05-2010, 03:20 PM
lol, thanks wb.
im hoping to get some more days in, my boss was on the phone earlier asking if i can work tomorow but im busy :(
plus its half an hours drive away from home.

No prob^_^ That kinda stinks though:(

MojaveMonster
08-05-2010, 03:34 PM
Small World-
I posted a guitar multi-effect pedal on GraigsList and had a responce from a Dude that I just came back from meeting. Turns out he is RockPileDriver from RCC and RCShortCourse, owner of RCP, who I've bs'ed with quite a bit online. Crazy.

Waterboy
08-05-2010, 04:29 PM
Small World-
I posted a guitar multi-effect pedal on GraigsList and had a responce from a Dude that I just came back from meeting. Turns out he is RockPileDriver from RCC and RCShortCourse, owner of RCP, who I've bs'ed with quite a bit online. Crazy.

Wow thats what i call etreme ironicy:rolling::chug:

Oggy
08-05-2010, 06:23 PM
well it's 1.20am, and i just got back from the racing, i'll have loads of videos and pictures for you guys tomorrow

Waterboy
08-05-2010, 06:53 PM
well it's 1.20am, and i just got back from the racing, i'll have loads of videos and pictures for you guys tomorrow

Nice! I know how it feels after a long day of racing, what class were you racing?

Oggy
08-05-2010, 06:57 PM
Nice! I know how it feels after a long day of racing, what class were you racing?

i wasn't racing, i went to watch some 1/1 stock car racing, look at my post a few pages back where i explained what i was up to

Oggy
08-05-2010, 07:22 PM
just a few teaser shots, before i go to bed

http://i627.photobucket.com/albums/tt358/bigoggy/skeggy/014.jpg

http://i627.photobucket.com/albums/tt358/bigoggy/skeggy/006.jpg

very short video

http://i627.photobucket.com/albums/tt358/bigoggy/skeggy/th_020.jpg (http://s627.photobucket.com/albums/tt358/bigoggy/skeggy/?action=view&current=020.mp4)

pardonmyn00b
08-05-2010, 08:37 PM
Just finished building my new bike! I'll be getting some new wheels and tires(tyres) down the line. These will do for now.
http://farm5.static.flickr.com/4143/4864450203_f1dc1751b4_z.jpg

oldskoolmini
08-05-2010, 09:45 PM
hello fellars. well this ol cripple had a few drinks tonite at a birthday [arty for a friend who is a model. met some chick there and took her for a ride in the wheelchair. this girl was HOT too. even got a little kiss.:blush: and got called the most bad *** dude she has ever met. i feel like a million buck even though im slighty inebriated.:chug::bacondance:

my speeling might be too good.

The Stray Cat
08-05-2010, 09:45 PM
Sweet dude, reminds me of the movie from the 80s, Quicksilver.

The Stray Cat
08-05-2010, 09:46 PM
hello fellars. well this ol cripple had a few drinks tonite at a birthday [arty for a friend who is a model. met some chick there and took her for a ride in the wheelchair. this girl was HOT too. even got a little kiss.:blush: and got called the most bad *** dude she has ever met. i feel like a million buck even though im slighty inebriated.:chug::bacondance:

Sounds like a good night,:chug:, will you still feel like a million bucks in the morning, or like a pile of dog poop because of the hang over!:lolbeat:

Waterboy
08-05-2010, 09:50 PM
Just finished building my new bike! I'll be getting some new wheels and tires(tyres) down the line. These will do for now.
http://farm5.static.flickr.com/4143/4864450203_f1dc1751b4_z.jpg

Are you freakin kidding me? I had no idea that anyone besides me knew about that company, i have a Motobecane Mountain bike!! small world, i got this when i was 12: http://motobecane.com/400_700ht/4ht.html I still have it, (the 17") but since im almost 6' tall i need a bigger bike. Thats crazy that you have a motobecane. There great bikes, from thailand arent they?

hello fellars. well this ol cripple had a few drinks tonite at a birthday [arty for a friend who is a model. met some chick there and took her for a ride in the wheelchair. this girl was HOT too. even got a little kiss.:blush: and got called the most bad *** dude she has ever met. i feel like a million buck even though im slighty inebriated.:chug::bacondance wow, thats epic!! :nice: id love to see some pics:lolbeat::chug:

oldskoolmini
08-05-2010, 09:55 PM
Are you freakin kidding me? I had no idea that anyone besides me knew about that company, i have a Motobecane Mountain bike!! small world, i got this when i was 12: http://motobecane.com/400_700ht/4ht.html I still have it, (the 17") but since im almost 6' tall i need a bigger bike. Thats crazy that you have a motobecane. There great bikes, from thailand arent they?

wow, thats epic!! :nice: id love to see some pics:lolbeat::chug:

i forgot to take pics. i think my friend took some of everybody.:excited: once she puts them on facebook i'll try to show you guys:nice:. good nite all. in the morning i will probably be hung over and miserable.:puke:

Waterboy
08-05-2010, 09:59 PM
ok sounds good lol.

ok good nite to you! And anyone else whos watching, good nite to all, and a happy new... *falls asleep on computer*

The Stray Cat
08-05-2010, 10:19 PM
ok sounds good lol.

ok good nite to you! And anyone else whos watching, good nite to all, and a happy new... *falls asleep on computer*

Hey if you are going to get our hopes up that you are going to bed, you best follow though with it. Now go away WB! Good night!:whip:

Oggy
08-06-2010, 01:17 AM
hey guys, has anyone seen the joker lately, i've not seen him on here in ages

THE_JOKER
08-06-2010, 02:02 AM
Ask, an ye shall receive lol.

I've been around every now an then over the last 2 weeks matey, never felt the urge to post anything though, plus too busy, which reminds me, Rock! your post count, wtf man!? :lol: was going to say yesterday, about how, was it me or was the Top Gear season very short this time around? feel like it only just started, now its finished??

WB, 6ft? is that with or without your high heels?

Noob, Nice bike bud, reminds me of, me an my brother as kids, i had a bmx an he had something similar to yours.

Harry, sorry about your loss mate, and sorry for being late and in essence bringing it back up again.

Oggy
08-06-2010, 02:54 AM
glad you are ok joker :D

The Stray Cat
08-06-2010, 06:19 AM
I was just going to ask today if you'd been put in solitary confinement Joker. What's the matter with post count! I like to give my opinion a lot!

Everyone good morning or afternoon, depending on time zone!

pardonmyn00b
08-06-2010, 07:07 AM

wow, thats epic!! :nice: id love to see some pics:lolbeat::chug:

Awesome dude. I got it from www.bikesdirect.com. I was going to get the next level of awesomeness bike, but of course they were out of my size. I'm 6'1" myself. Their bikes are made in the same factory as "real" bikes, just rebranded and less money. My friend and I have put thousands of miles on our track bikes from there and they keep on keepin' on.

My head tube has the Motobecane USA badge on it and right underneath there was a sticker that says "Made in China" Lol.

oldskoolmini
08-06-2010, 07:20 AM
:woohoo::excited: im not hung over!!!!!:bacondance:

Bullitt
08-06-2010, 07:27 AM
Don't sweat it Joker. Thanks bud,
Harry

Oggy
08-06-2010, 07:58 AM
guys i urgently need some help please.

i sold my honcho recently, (to someone who says he's a member on here)

this was my advert on ebay

http://cgi.ebay.co.uk/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&item=280538187150&ssPageName=STRK:MESOX:IT

i was selling it for £175, but lowered the price to allow this buyer to purchase it at a price he could afford.

today i have received this message

"when i was on holiday i got bored so i stripped down both axles and found loads of white stuff over the diff's seems like some sort of corrsion or something and the bearings have rust on them. also the diff lockers are rusted

what can we do about this?"

when i sold the car, it was in good running condition, and none of the nut and bolts on the outside were rusted, so i would be surprised if the internals were rusted.

what would you guys do?

oldskoolmini
08-06-2010, 08:10 AM
i hate d-bags like that guy. :shoot: just tell him that it was in perfect running order and he should stop whining like a 10 year old girl.

pardonmyn00b
08-06-2010, 08:16 AM
Hey oggy, tell the guy to get lost. He's got nothing on you.

Oggy
08-06-2010, 08:24 AM
our main worry is getting a neg, we only have 23 feedback, so a neg would really hurt us.

i was tempted to tell him to send it back to me, but i no longer have the money in paypal, and now he's opened the axles up (if he has) i don't know what he could have done to them

The Stray Cat
08-06-2010, 08:47 AM
Oggy, you tell him like every other RC sale on Ebay all sales are final, due to the nature of the hobby. If he doesn't like that, point out that he got a deal on it because you were nice enought to sell it for a reduced price. If he doesn't like that then tell him to send the truck back in the same cinditionit was when you shipped it to him. It's his responsibility for return shipping.

talon
08-06-2010, 09:08 AM
tell him frankly, ''look, if you can send photographic PROOF of corrosion, i am willing to discuss some sort of retribution. As to the best of my knowledge, there is nothing wrong with the truck that was not described in detail, in the original post. without proof, i cannot be held responsible for the problem you are describing''.

sounds to me like he is just scamming you. if he is a member here, what is his ID? tell him to take it public to prove to you he isnt out to rip you off.

not only that, but explain to him you already lowered your price just for him, and that if he was happy with the item description, he should be willing to let go a slight problem. and unless you were using some sort of non-waterproof grease inside the axle, i dont see what would have turned white anyways.

but make him send proof in pictures.

Oggy
08-06-2010, 09:14 AM
tell him frankly, ''look, if you can send photographic PROOF of corrosion, i am willing to discuss some sort of retribution. As to the best of my knowledge, there is nothing wrong with the truck that was not described in detail, in the original post. without proof, i cannot be held responsible for the problem you are describing''.

sounds to me like he is just scamming you. if he is a member here, what is his ID? tell him to take it public to prove to you he isnt out to rip you off.

not only that, but explain to him you already lowered your price just for him, and that if he was happy with the item description, he should be willing to let go a slight problem. and unless you were using some sort of non-waterproof grease inside the axle, i dont see what would have turned white anyways.

but make him send proof in pictures.

i've asked for pictures, he says he's a member on here, but he's never told me his username, i have a suspicion as to who it is, and if it's who i think, he is trying to buy another scx from another member on here

The Stray Cat
08-06-2010, 09:20 AM
Welll Oggy let's get him publicly out in the open, as the saying goes the Proof is in the Pudding> we all know the rules on almost every RC and any other Hobby, if there isn't any pics it never really happened.

Bullitt
08-06-2010, 09:41 AM
If it bothers you that there may be some parts that are corroded, then ask for pics. If they do not appear corroded, or he does not send pics, then cool. If say some bearings are corroded, then offer to replace the few bad parts, but not the entire rig. However as mentioned above, he bought the truck used, meaning not new, some defects. He is grabbing at straws and sounds like he is being a tool.

Harry

Bullitt
08-06-2010, 09:55 AM
Did you guys hear that Whitesnake's Here I go Again just hit 10 million hits on youtube? I read it on yahoo this morning. I think I know why all the hits. HD and it is the original version. :D

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=i3MXiTeH_Pg

WaterBoy will never be the same.
Harry