PDA

View Full Version : between me an rangerboy - OFFICIAL THREAD MISSION STATEMENT POST #253

Pages : 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 [36] 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 51 52 53 54 55 56 57 58 59 60 61 62 63 64 65 66 67 68 69 70 71 72 73 74 75 76 77 78 79 80 81 82

Ragnarok
10-10-2010, 02:03 PM
This facepalm's for you. :nice:

Bullitt
10-10-2010, 02:05 PM
Thank you, fair Joker. :D I'm chugging on a cold Diet A&W root beer as we speak…or type…or…whatever. :lol:

And good luck on the new gurl frond, WB. :nice: Treat her right, with respect and honor.

Sorry about your knee taking a dump on you Rag. I hope you get feeling better.

As far as WB respecting the girlfriend, there is only one way he could do that. Let her go WB. She will have more self esteem and respect from others flying solo than walking around holding your hand. LOL

Harry

Ragnarok
10-10-2010, 04:54 PM
I appreciate that. :nice: It seems to be doing a little better. I have to be careful how I walk, though.

I know everyone is tired of me talking about this, but I checked my tracking info from Amazon and Sweetwater Sound. My DAW software is sitting in FedEx's Anchorage facility :D, my synthesizer also arrived in Anchorage this afternoon :D (wow - pretty fast for USPS), but my audio interface was sent to Nashville. :huh: It'll probably get into Anchorage tonight or tomorrow. With Columbus Day being Monday there won't be service from either of them, so Tuesday is when I get mah swag! :excited: The only hassle is making sure that the Post Office troll delivers my pink slip so I can retrieve it and go badger the other Post Office trolls at the annex to get my software synth.

Bullitt
10-10-2010, 07:17 PM
Don't worry about talking about your audio stuff. I am happy for you. I would love to talk about audio stuff, but I RC is my only real hobby. I used to play golf, but I don't get to play much anymore.

On a much more unsettling topic...I think I am going to try and get a 2011 V6 Camaro in the summer. I was thinking about a mustang, but the rear end look really queer in both definitions of the word. I was anti-gm since the take over, but I have been very impressed with Jenn's suburban and the Camaro looks dead sexy. And no, I don't want the yellow one and put a stupid transformer sticker on it. I really want an orange one with the white stripes, but I am sur I will have to settle with a red one.

Harry

turkman
10-10-2010, 07:32 PM
I was thinking about a mustang, but the rear end look really queer in both definitions of the word.

I've heard quite a few people saying something to that effect, but I'm not quite sure why. I never saw any problem with it. Maybe I'm just strange! :crazy:
Or maybe it's because I'm a Ford guy.
But seriously, I'm curious why you don't like it.

Ragnarok
10-10-2010, 11:02 PM
What's funny is the V6 versions of all three pony cars, powerwise, are where the base-V8s were just a couple of years ago. Plus they get better fuel economy. (EDIT: I just remembered that the "base" V8 for the first new Challenger was the 5.7L Hemi, and it was around 380HP, so that V6/V8 comment is really only true for the Camaro and the Mustang.)

For the record, I still prefer the new 'Stangs over the Camaro. It goes far beyond the ethical issues I have - I just prefer the way they look. That Camaro will have a superior transmission, though.

Lee
10-11-2010, 12:32 AM
new mustang is too rounded and curved. camaro wins every day.

The Stray Cat
10-11-2010, 06:25 AM
You guys all know I'm a Dodge guy, so with that sid, if I has to choose between the Camaro and stang, I'd definitely go Camaro, I hink they are much sleeker looking and a nod to vintage styling more than the stang does.

Bullitt
10-11-2010, 07:11 AM
The Challenger is by far the coolest looking in the bunch all the way around. The Mustang is looks great everywhere but the rear. The Camaro is nice looking, but it's performance makes up for the OK looks. The Dodge quality and lack of performance is enough for me to not even want to consider the car. I just cannot get past the rear end of the Mustang. The taillights are great, but everything else looks like it was thrown together in a 5 minute brainstorm session.

I think my best shot will be the Camaro. I will just have to wait and see.

Morning all,
Harry

The Stray Cat
10-11-2010, 09:09 AM
SO Saturdy Morning I found out my 10yr old nephew has Lymphoma (cancer). He has been sick for a few weeks and my wife and mother in law took him to the hospital friday night and after theydid a chest xray they immediately sent him to children's hospital in buffalo. They found a growth 1/3 the size of his chest that was crushing his lungs and heart. Now he has to go through chemo and all that. They did give him some steroids early sat morn and they are successfully breaking down the tumor. So anyone with a spare prayer or two it would be greatly appreciated.

Bullitt
10-11-2010, 09:19 AM
Believe me Ed, after all that my brother went through, prayers will be sent. I am glad to hear that the steroids seem to be working and that it is Lymphoma rather than some of the other forms of cancer. This one is the most treatable kind and hopefully he will make a full recovery.

Prayers sent bud,
Harry

The Stray Cat
10-11-2010, 10:04 AM
Believe me Ed, after all that my brother went through, prayers will be sent. I am glad to hear that the steroids seem to be working and that it is Lymphoma rather than some of the other forms of cancer. This one is the most treatable kind and hopefully he will make a full recovery.

Prayers sent bud,
Harry

Thanks HArry,

The docs seem to be pretty optimistic about treatment, especially since they are able to break down the mass. Trouble is he is a very active kid, and now he's going ot have to be careful with everything so he doesn't get sick again. It doesn't help that he has an alcoholic father, now his father, my brother in law, cares but he needs to beat the disease before he can really be there for him. hopefully after my father in law chewed his *** about getting help he finally will. Now the kids mother on the other hand, the only thing is concerned with is her self and her social life. Thats why my wife and mother in law were with my nephew at 10:00pm in the hospital and not his parents. I already told my wife that once Jace is released form hospital if they continue to do their BS life I will take the kid from them.

Waterboy
10-11-2010, 08:50 PM
As far as WB respecting the girlfriend, there is only one way he could do that. Let her go WB. She will have more self esteem and respect from others flying solo than walking around holding your hand. LOL
Harry
<_< no.

And good luck on the new gurl frond, WB. :nice: Treat her right, with respect and honor.

Thank you ragster:banana:

Ragnarok
10-11-2010, 09:51 PM
You bet, Waterboy. :wave:

To RockEd: Man, I don't know which is worse: the poor kid's condition or the family dysfunction. :( Prayers for both getting solved.

(If it's okay, here's a change of subject…)

Got me a couple of things this morning: another pair of headphones (JVC HA-RX300s) and Terminator: Salvation on Blu-Ray. Impressed with both of them. First, these $20 headphones (there was a "20% Off" coupon for today, so they were actually $16 - Fred Meyer's must be trying to trim their headphone inventory) kick those $50 Skunkcandy's butt so bad that it's not even funny. Some pros over the 'Candies:

- Far more even/flat response. Bass isn't exaggerated and the mids aren't so brutally eviscerated.
- Sound Stage/Stereo Imaging is INFINITELY BETTER. I don't get aural claustrophobia from these cans.
- Vastly more comfortable to wear with glasses (the SCs crush my temple pieces behind my ears).
- They're not Closed Back.
- While not the most confidence-inducing in build quality, they're far more robust-feeling than the SCs.
- They included a 1/8"-to-1/4" adapter.

Okay, now the movie I got. (Spoilers ahead for those that haven't seen it.) Terminator: Salvation received some really horrible reviews when it came out, so I always just avoided it. However, I caught this the other day on YouTube:
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=nNZcqEj-jpE

In spite of Mike Nelson n' Crew's savaging MST3K-style my curiosity was piqued. It kinda looked like it might be an interesting film. My little bro, whose movie tastes don't always parallel mine, said it was awesome which is saying a lot because he hates Christian Bale. So far, I've only watched the Director's Cut, which stymies me why it got an R rating. The violence was pretty intense, but I can see it being PG-13 caliber. And Moon Bloodgood's half-hearted attempt at semi-nudity, which shouldn't have been in there anyway, wasn't quite R-deserving either. Weird. I think a person can watch the first two T movies, skip the third entirely, and then hit this. (Not even Kristanna Loken's glorious bare fanny could save T3.) I'm hoping there's more to this new batch.

The concept of a Terminator that doesn't know it's a Terminator was a really cool slant on the whole formula. The digital Arnold head atop Roland Kickinger's weirdly proportioned frame was a little unsettling, but kinda neat. The effect was actually pretty convincing and it's too bad there wasn't more of it. Roland's a much bigger man that Arnold ever was, but didn't have Arnold's Olympian proportions. Roland's shoulders slope too much and he's got the arms of a gorilla. Age-, physique-, and screen-presence-wise, Dwayne Johnson would be the best choice for the next-gen Terminator in my opinion.

Ragnarok
10-11-2010, 10:45 PM
Another wreck on the Transformers 3 set. This time in D.C.: http://transformerslive.blogspot.com/2010/10/bumblebee-involved-in-real-car-accident.html

Oggy
10-12-2010, 12:08 AM
Another wreck on the Transformers 3 set. This time in D.C.: http://transformerslive.blogspot.com/2010/10/bumblebee-involved-in-real-car-accident.html

that movie is starting to look like it has some sort of curse on it

The Stray Cat
10-12-2010, 07:27 AM
that movie is starting to look like it has some sort of curse on it

I think it does have a curse! THat nasty non-talented witch Megan put it on there.:rolling:

Anyway Rag thanks for the prayers and secodnyl I want to see T salvation but I was so disappointed wiht the third installment then the bad reviews this got, and to top it all off Bale and Worthington are both actors I have little love for, Bale did good as Batman, but othe rthan that. So give me a good review Rag.

Ragnarok
10-12-2010, 08:08 AM
It has absolutely nothing in common with T3, so there's a huge plus. Like I alluded to earlier, you can just forget T3 ever happened. At the moment I don't have time for one of my three-screen-long reviews like I gave Transformers 2 or Prince of Persia, but I'd say it's a definite rental. I went ahead and bought it and unlike Dark CIty (why the nudity?) I'm not regretting it. I might be able to give one of my longer reviews later today as I have part of it off. :nice:

BTW, November 16…is…the…day…I…get…my…HATE…ON…FOR…

……
………

I just saw the release date for the Stupidly-Massive, Overly-Unnecessary Edition on Amazon. Here's an interesting feature:

Disc 1: Three Movie Versions

Original Theatrical Edition (includes family audio track with objectionable language removed)
Special Edition Re-Release (includes family audio track with objectionable language removed)
Collector’s Extended Cut with 16 additional minutes, including alternate opening on earth

Amazing. They'll remove the profanity/vulgar dialog (admirable) but throw in slimy cat-lizard alien sex? (Maybe that's another "alternate opening" not mentioned on the product page?) I guess they need to have priorities. :nono:

The Stray Cat
10-12-2010, 08:44 AM
WEll, Once Cameron is done milking this and then moving on to the sequel he'll be in the same position as G. Lucas and then he can ruin a franchise with re-re-releases, with more annoying aliens no true fans like. Not busting on the original trilogy because that would almost be sacrilege, but the new episodes I could've lived without. Only two things came out of the prequels:
Darth Maul, which was very short lived and short screened, and the clone troopers who could actually hit something with their blasters.

spankrjs
10-12-2010, 09:26 AM
WEll, Once Cameron is done milking this and then moving on to the sequel he'll be in the same position as G. Lucas and then he can ruin a franchise with re-re-releases, with more annoying aliens no true fans like. Not busting on the original trilogy because that would almost be sacrilege, but the new episodes I could've lived without. Only two things came out of the prequels:
Darth Maul, which was very short lived and short screened, and the clone troopers who could actually hit something with their blasters.

I loved the "South Park" episode where they show George Lucas and Steven Spielberg, how should I put this, this is a family friendly site, "having their way" with poor Indiana Jones:puke: I though that particular parody fit reality to a T:nice:

Spoon37
10-12-2010, 09:28 AM
is it available in 3d yet? :lolbeat:

Sorry but I got amused by one of the earliest 3d tv adverts for a Panasonic which showed Avatar playing on the screens (artfully photoshopped in, no tv is THAT clear when being filmed) with small print at the bottom "Avatar is not currently available in 3D"... I mean out of all films you would have expected to be available for 3D how about the one that started the whole "real3D" thing off?

Anyhoo I'll cut it here otherwise I'll start ranting about James Cameron's halo/mmo ripoff which "isnt based on a videogame"... :lol:

:banana:

The Stray Cat
10-12-2010, 10:02 AM
is it available in 3d yet? :lolbeat:

Sorry but I got amused by one of the earliest 3d tv adverts for a Panasonic which showed Avatar playing on the screens (artfully photoshopped in, no tv is THAT clear when being filmed) with small print at the bottom "Avatar is not currently available in 3D"... I mean out of all films you would have expected to be available for 3D how about the one that started the whole "real3D" thing off?

Anyhoo I'll cut it here otherwise I'll start ranting about James Cameron's halo/mmo ripoff which "isnt based on a videogame"... :lol:

I have no use for 3D, it has never made a movie any better for me. I like the High Def and the vivid coloring but 3D is noting Im jumping a band wagon on.

Ragnarok
10-12-2010, 10:48 AM
…and the clone troopers who could actually hit something with their blasters.
Watch that Rifftrax clip I posted at about 3:44. :lol: They reference something related to that:

"So they wiped out most of humanity despite having the aim of a storm trooper with Parkinson's."

:rolling:

Ragnarok
10-12-2010, 10:54 AM
:rolling: x 1,000

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=r2PM0om2El8

Oggy
10-12-2010, 11:11 AM
i've got an unusual question for you guys that know about wood

Port Orford Cedar (which we all know isn't a cedar at all) is still the arrow material of choice for most traditional archers. Since POC bears a close family relationship to the now common Leylandii, can i use Leylandii just like cedar?

i'm asking as i know someone that is felling a 40 foot Leylandii, the guys over on the archery forum havn't got a clue

username_11
10-12-2010, 12:45 PM
i've got an unusual question for you guys that know about wood

Port Orford Cedar (which we all know isn't a cedar at all) is still the arrow material of choice for most traditional archers. Since POC bears a close family relationship to the now common Leylandii, can i use Leylandii just like cedar?

i'm asking as i know someone that is felling a 40 foot Leylandii, the guys over on the archery forum havn't got a clue

try it, nothing to lose.

i know its been used for fence posts, there straight and pointy:rofl:

Ragnarok
10-12-2010, 12:55 PM
I'll be honest, I've never heard of Leylandii, but I did do some research. It's most closely related to Alaskan Yellow Cedar, which I have worked with closely for more than ten years. (If I counted my off-and-on work experience, it would be even longer.) Using Yellow Cedar in bowmaking is something I wouldn't know about. I do know that Yellow Cedar's closest relative in the states would be Port Orford. Not necessarily botanically speaking, but as far as the twos' working characteristics and that pungent smell (they smell nothing alike, but they're both very, VERY strong smellin') they're pretty similar.

Let's say that Leylandii would work. The next question is how will it be used from the tree being felled? Does the wood need to be seasoned first (dried) or can it be used green from the log? I don't know. My gut would say it needs to be air dried for a year or more (depending on the thickness of the lumber taken from the tree), but I don't know what the purists do. :blink:

So short answer is, I don't know.

The Stray Cat
10-12-2010, 01:21 PM
I'll be honest, I've never heard of Leylandii, but I did do some research. It's most closely related to Alaskan Yellow Cedar, which I have worked with closely for more than ten years. (If I counted my off-and-on work experience, it would be even longer.) Using Yellow Cedar in bowmaking is something I wouldn't know about. I do know that Yellow Cedar's closest relative in the states would be Port Orford. Not necessarily botanically speaking, but as far as the twos' working characteristics and that pungent smell (they smell nothing alike, but they're both very, VERY strong smellin') they're pretty similar.

Let's say that Leylandii would work. The next question is how will it be used from the tree being felled? Does the wood need to be seasoned first (dried) or can it be used green from the log? I don't know. My gut would say it needs to be air dried for a year or more (depending on the thickness of the lumber taken from the tree), but I don't know what the purists do. :blink:

So short answer is, I don't know.

Dang Rag, that was a long way to get to the short answer!:chug::rofl:

Bullitt
10-12-2010, 01:55 PM
:rolling:

Harry

FunkyHunk
10-12-2010, 03:19 PM
got wood?

http://generalenjoyment.com/wordpress/wp-content/uploads/2009/07/funny-pictures-woodchuck-chucked-wood.jpg

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=wPADVpllL6c

Oggy
10-12-2010, 03:37 PM
Dang Rag, that was a long way to get to the short answer!:chug::rofl:

you can say that again :lolbeat: :lolbeat:

rag, i would have to let it dry for about 6 months, the arrow shafts are 5/16 of an inch thick

Ragnarok
10-12-2010, 04:06 PM
Ooooooh, yeah, okay. I read that as using the wood for making the bow itself, not the arrow shaft material. I re-read it and I definitely wasn't paying attention. Yeah, it should do great for shaft material if Leylandii is anything like AK Yellow or Port Orford Cedars. :nice:

And to Funky…
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=DjGwusHrOtk

Ragnarok
10-12-2010, 05:40 PM
Amazon stuff is here. Now I just gotta get my synthesizer from Ye Olde P¡ssed Office tomorrow. :excited:

Bullitt
10-12-2010, 08:30 PM
Speaking of wood. I cut up some pecan at my Mom's house over the weekend. Jackson stacked wood up in the log holder at her house...
http://i88.photobucket.com/albums/k164/harrybullitt/Family/896f241e.jpg
And then he stacked the basket so we could have a campfire on our annual river weekend trip this weekend
http://i88.photobucket.com/albums/k164/harrybullitt/Family/fc36ddc7.jpg

Harry

Waterboy
10-12-2010, 08:31 PM
Nothing like good hard work for a young boy!!

Ragnarok
10-12-2010, 10:18 PM
It's hard stuff. I've worked with a lot of it.

Some random thoughts.

It's difficult to be positive or optimistic when a client is critical and displeased with your work. Particularly when they don't understand what they are seeing. If it looks wrong before it's completed it's "our fault" that it's not right. No, it's not done. It will be right when we are. Understand? A dark streak that was part of the tree is incorrectly identified as a "knot" and is undesirable, which means we "made the wood wrong." Blame God, not us. "Why is there a gap between the doors and the countertop? You can see under there." There is a 1/4" gap so that the door and drawer faces do not collide and scrape and bind agains the underneath of the countertop.

Things are such with work where we have to take jobs that we'd prefer not to do. We've had a run of very good and gracious clients that are impressed and grateful for our talents and labors. Now we're back into the dregs of having people of "disintellectual" character that are too opinionated and judgmental to understand what they see. Their vanity and pride make them blind to the good we have done. We have a monster kitchen we're trying to get, and those people seem to be of the fairer, more compassionate kind. If we don't, we lose our business, our tools, our shop, and everything else. Stop-gap jobs just to keep the lights on like the one we're doing now seem to make the desperation all the more stressful and destructive. We're already under enough duress, we don't need some ham-fisted self-appointed expert who has never built anything in their lives telling us what should happen, what is wrong, and "it's our fault."

Ragnarok
10-12-2010, 10:30 PM
Before I completely implode with fear and paranoia, I'm going back to my software installs. I have half a gigabyte of updates I'm required to do before I can use the software that came with my audio interface. :rolleyes: Makes me wonder what I have to look forward to when I get my DAW and synthesizer software installed. :huh:

Talk at you guys tomorrow.

Waterboy
10-12-2010, 10:37 PM
Uugggghhhh...... Brain exploded.

See ya rag:wave:

The Stray Cat
10-13-2010, 05:27 AM
Nothing like good hard work for a young boy!!

How the hell would you know? When you're raised in a mobile trailer park:rolling: the hardest thing you have probably ever done is get out of bed, you tool!:chug:

Rag sorry for the work duress bud, wish I could help ya out. I hate them people like that too. When I was a manager for the oil change part of the local Wal-Mart we had these guys that would come get thir oil change and then basically tell us everything we did was wrong, so I just stopped servicing their cars. Granted WalMArt has the money to afford that but never the less, I had a good crew of guys not the normal schmucks that Wal-MArt hires to do their work.

Ragnarok
10-13-2010, 08:18 AM
Everything is out of my hands as it relates to getting this kitchen we need. They've said they want us to do the kitchen, but we haven't heard anything from them in over a week. They are rounding up other contractors related to things like sheetrock, electrical and plumbing. However nothing has been finalized beyond the design of the kitchen. If we don't have something to tell our landlord we're screwed in a way that we'll never recover. Regarding the current job that is becoming an issue when there are none, all I can do is keep my head down, get things done, and pray that our client will be "forgiving".

I'm fighting with my new audio interface. One of the things that I hate with a passion regarding the whole "Mac experience" is when Apple updates the operating system IT BREAKS EVERYTHING! Anywhere from 25% to 75% of the software you have installed no longer works after the update, so you have to wait for the developers to get around to updating their crap so it works with Apple's arrogant update scheme. This interface was supposedly compatible with OSX 10.6. Found out it really isn't. There's a make-do fix that I've installed, and all of the software seems to be working, except NONE of it can communicate with my interface. It just sits there with a USB standby light blinking. My system prefs panel says there's nothing connected. I've contacted support at Native Instruments to see what's up. I've tried every single USB connector I have, with every cable I have, and I've even set up a powered USB hub and nothing has worked. It's possible that it's defective, but I doubt it. There's one minuscule thing that ain't where it's supposed to be or isn't functioning as it should. I'll wait and see what NI's support response is.

Ragnarok
10-13-2010, 08:56 AM
Okay, just talked with the NI guys in California. Problem was I was booting in 64-bit mode. Next challenge was that booting in 32-bit mode crashed my computer. This is a Hackintosh-related problem apparently. Long story short, I found a work around from the developers of my boot loader and everything seems to be working as it should. Now I gotta wait for NI to get those 64-bit drivers done. :nice:

Oggy
10-13-2010, 02:13 PM
i've decided to have a go with the lleylandi, watch for an update in 1 year :Happybounce: :Happybounce:

spankrjs
10-13-2010, 02:15 PM
Quick post to move this Sticky back above the "OMG NOOBS in the BST" sticky. I just never feel right unless this sticky is on top of the page^_^

Oggy
10-13-2010, 02:21 PM
Quick post to move this Sticky back above the "OMG NOOBS in the BST" sticky. I just never feel right unless this sticky is on top of the page^_^

it was already back there, thanks to my post above :lolbeat: :lolbeat: :lolbeat: :lolbeat:

Lee
10-13-2010, 04:26 PM
whats with everyone working with wood lately... ive got a beatiful piece of dark walnut to use when i make my design tech. coursework lamp.
I'm making an angle poise style lamp, mostly from dark walnut (about £85 per square foot) and some polished aluminium. done a mock up and it looks ace.
best bit is the wood was free thanks to my mates dad :banana:

Bullitt
10-13-2010, 07:58 PM
My moms bf bought a whole bunch of woodworking tools amcouple years ago. Why? I don't know. Anyways, one of the items is a lathe and I am hoping to try turning stuff before too long.

Harry

Waterboy
10-13-2010, 09:09 PM
How the hell would you know? When you're raised in a mobile trailer park:rolling: the hardest thing you have probably ever done is get out of bed, you tool!:chug:

LOL I only lived in an rv for two years Ed, get it rightbud:banghead:

And I go to hishschool now thank you very much! And football for the pirates!!

turkman
10-13-2010, 09:58 PM
And I go to hishschool now thank you very much! And football for the pirates!!

I've never heard of a hishschool before. Whaddaya do there? :D

Waterboy
10-13-2010, 10:33 PM
:rolling: you learn to hiss like a snake.

Ragnarok
10-13-2010, 10:38 PM
Finally got all of the stuff I purchased installed and registered. I'm having intermittent problems with Logic Express (recording software) crashing as I try to audition sounds on Omnisphere (synth). It could be the instrument, it could be my audio interface, or it could be what I ate tonight. It really kills whatever enthusiasm I had. :mad:

Found a coupon inside my audio interface that amounts to a voucher towards one of NI's synthesizers or their modular guitar-FX processor. That's essentially a $200 synth or FX unit for free. I chose Massive, an analog modeling/wavetable synthesizer. I'm waiting for the download to complete and I'll mess around with it tonight.

Oggy
10-14-2010, 05:27 AM
i've got wood :excited: :excited: :excited: :excited:

The Stray Cat
10-14-2010, 05:52 AM
I've never heard of a hishschool before. Whaddaya do there? :D

This is the result of homeschooling mixed with California High School. What a future we have to look forward to.:rolling:

WB: you know I got to bust on ya, you aren't around enough to get a good dig daily so I have to get them in when I can!:chug:

Oggy
10-14-2010, 07:48 AM
time for some cool old school pop music

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=pACePi441ds

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=bs_sB-oq5_I

Bullitt
10-14-2010, 09:17 AM
IT'S FRIDAY PEOPLE! LOOK ALIVE OUT THERE!

Harry

The Stray Cat
10-14-2010, 09:20 AM
IT'S FRIDAY PEOPLE! LOOK ALIVE OUT THERE!

Harry

What the heck country you live in Harry? Its only dreary Thursday here!:chug:

Oggy
10-14-2010, 09:54 AM
What the heck country you live in Harry? Its only dreary Thursday here!:chug:

same here :thinking: :thinking: :thinking: :thinking:

The Stray Cat
10-14-2010, 09:55 AM
same here :thinking: :thinking: :thinking: :thinking:

I think Harry might be off his Meds again!:rolling:

Ragnarok
10-14-2010, 10:11 AM
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=RFiijTVGrS8

Bullitt
10-14-2010, 10:17 AM
Oh!!!! That's right, I forgot. You poor saps have to work tomorrow! 3 day weekend for me! BWHaAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAA!

Harry

Oggy
10-14-2010, 10:41 AM
Oh!!!! That's right, I forgot. You poor saps have to work tomorrow! 3 day weekend for me! BWHaAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAA!

Harry

i'm unemployed, every day is a weekend, :rolling: :rolling: :rolling: :rolling: :bacondance: :bacondance: :bacondance: :bacondance:

The Stray Cat
10-14-2010, 10:41 AM

Harry

Laugh it up Fuzzball!
http://i663.photobucket.com/albums/uu359/elkozak73/Episode_4_Han_Solo_and_Chewbacca_1.jpg

Bullitt
10-14-2010, 10:57 AM
This was from last year...

http://i88.photobucket.com/albums/k164/harrybullitt/Places/DSC01128.jpg

http://i88.photobucket.com/albums/k164/harrybullitt/Places/DSC01132.jpg

http://i88.photobucket.com/albums/k164/harrybullitt/Places/DSC01139.jpg

http://i88.photobucket.com/albums/k164/harrybullitt/Places/DSC01149.jpg

http://i88.photobucket.com/albums/k164/harrybullitt/Places/DSC01187.jpg

Harry

The Stray Cat
10-14-2010, 10:59 AM
This from your annual trip you and the fam take, the one you got the cut up fire wood for? Looks like a real nice place.

Oggy
10-14-2010, 11:10 AM
Harry, i think you should invite us all along, and pay for our plane tickets :bacondance:

Bullitt
10-14-2010, 11:28 AM
This from your annual trip you and the fam take, the one you got the cut up fire wood for? Looks like a real nice place.

Yes it is Ed. This is my favorite spot in Texas. Nice and quiet this time of year and it just makes for a nice family outing time. One of these days I will have to take a rig to run on the rocks :D

Harry, i think you should invite us all along, and pay for our plane tickets :bacondance:

Ogg,
I tried to book a flight and was denied. Something about Humans in the cargo hold was not OK. Sorry fella, I tried.

Harry

THE_JOKER
10-14-2010, 11:28 AM
(Random Question)-What's with the luminous green Mountain Dew drink bottles??? its like drinking a bottle of radioactive waste.

Nice pics Harry! :chug:

The Stray Cat
10-14-2010, 11:40 AM
(Random Question)-What's with the luminous green Mountain Dew drink bottles??? its like drinking a bottle of radioactive waste.

Nice pics Harry! :chug:

That's because it is nuclear waste!:D You know MT. Dew is loaded with female hormones right? Thats why people get addicted to it. Not lying!

@Harry, where in Texas is that?

THE_JOKER
10-14-2010, 12:30 PM
I better not watch the Titanic or somethin' later then, might start sobbing.

The Stray Cat
10-14-2010, 12:39 PM
I better not watch the Titanic or somethin' later then, might start sobbing.

Yep better stick with an action flick! So I finally got around to watching Kick A$$ it was a decent flick, certainly not the greatest thing I've seen, but the litle Hit Girl was pretty bad ***, I liked Big Daddy's style of super heroing. Shoot first ask questions later.

THE_JOKER
10-14-2010, 12:51 PM
Yep better stick with an action flick! So I finally got around to watching Kick A$$ it was a decent flick, certainly not the greatest thing I've seen, but the litle Hit Girl was pretty bad ***, I liked Big Daddy's style of super heroing. Shoot first ask questions later.

Yeah the little girl WAS the movie i think, should have ditched the idiot main character an had her as it instead.

The Stray Cat
10-14-2010, 12:56 PM
Yeah the little girl WAS the movie i think, should have ditched the idiot main character an had her as it instead.

I have to say I agree, the only thing he did that was good was get his Arse kicked. Like Nic Cage says in the movie "HIs Name should be A$$ Kicked":rolling:

Oggy
10-14-2010, 01:05 PM
hope you guys like this :chug: :bacondance:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=xq0ZJgb-VX4

Bullitt
10-14-2010, 01:14 PM
@Harry, where in Texas is that?

Lost Maples is in Vanderpool, which is southwest of Kerrville. It is about 3 hours from my house.

http://i88.photobucket.com/albums/k164/harrybullitt/Places/lm.jpg

Harry

Ragnarok
10-14-2010, 03:25 PM
Dude, where's my maples?

Bullitt
10-14-2010, 07:44 PM
Evidently your maples are still lost! :rolling:

Harry

Ragnarok
10-14-2010, 10:59 PM
This means absolutely nothing to you guys, I'm sure, but I've finally started digging into my synthesizer. Oh my holy crap! There are some sounds I could play for hours on end. Some completely rattle my walls. With about 7,000 sounds, it may take me another week just to audition them and select the ones I want to keep in my "favorites" list. I haven't even gotten around to messing with Massive (I got it free with my audio interface) and Logic Express' built-in instruments. Gotta see what kind of percussion sounds I have available.

My goal is to have a Tangerine Dream cover by the end of next week. (Covers aren't normally my thing because they take me away from my original work, but it will get me used to the recording software's ins and outs without the stress of feeling I need to "produce" my own tunes for a demonstration.) I'll probably do Stratosfear. :D

Oh, I also owe RockEd Out a T:S review. I'll have that Saturday.

Ragnarok
10-15-2010, 01:25 AM
LOLWUT NOOZ

- ABC is developing a new The Incredible Hulk TV series. Will the Hulk be CGI, an actor, an actor in a suit? Regardless, I predict it will suck like Paris on a first date. Bare minimum it will be as bad as that attempt to reboot the Knight Rider series. Someone should have gone to prison for that.

- The Godzilla reboot (codenamed Pacific Rim) was rumored to have been offered to Guillermo del Toro. He doesn't want to do it because he's busy directing that C'thulu epic (which is also being produced by alien-sex aficionado James Cameron) plus a metric butt-load of other stuff that has to get done first. A del Toro-directed Godzilla might be the greatest film never made. It will probably go to some cack-handed crap artist director like Uwe Boll…or Roland Emmerich. :kick: Neill Bloomkamp might be another good alternative, but the F-word repeated 500,000 times in rapid succession wouldn't fit a Goji flick. After seeing how the mumakil assault on the White City scene in the final LotR film was handled and the "V-Rex" fight in King Kong, Peter Jackson might be a good one to pick, too. The trick there would be to avoid getting too emotional with 'Zilla. He's not quite the sympathetic creature Kong was. Although he was a victim of circumstance. Make him like he was in GMK: All-Out Monsters Attack and add a bit of a Lovecraftian spin on it, and it could be pretty awesome.

- The villain in the Spider-Man reboot will be The Lizard. Ummm-kay?

Spoon37
10-15-2010, 03:50 AM
Have to admit I had to look up "The Lizard"... :blink: seems to exist in a novel called "The Lizard Sanction" the cover art for which is not very inspiring...

Is Peter jackson not working on anything else atm? like The Hobbit/Halo films (seperate films obviously not some kind of weird Halo crossover...we leave that to James Cameron).

I suspect the Incredible hulk series will be CGI hulk but otherwise real live actors and pretty crappy to boot. I'd love to be proved wrong though :nice:

THE_JOKER
10-15-2010, 06:08 AM
If its anything like "Blade" the tv series, wow......forget it.

The Stray Cat
10-15-2010, 07:17 AM
First any thing comic hero related on TV ends up being bad, the original Hulk series being the exception. Look at the TV comic movies, there was a bunch of Spiderman movies, all horrible, a Capt America flick, awful, won't even describe how bad the Nick Fury, played by Hasslehoof, was. So even with CGi the script will suck garaunteed. As Spoon said, I would love to be proved wrong, but I'm skeptical.

@Rag the Lizard was Parker's Lab teacher when he got into some chemicals or something. Del Toro on Godzilla would be something really special!

And yes the remake of Knight rider was a joke.

Ragnarok
10-15-2010, 08:59 AM
Have to admit I had to look up "The Lizard"... :blink: seems to exist in a novel called "The Lizard Sanction" the cover art for which is not very inspiring... I just don't think that the Lizard was the best choice for their first time out on the Spidey reboot. You definitely don't want to blow the bank on the absolute, top-tier arch-enemy in the first film, which is what Burton did in the Michael Keaton Batman flick. However Lizard is too low-tier, I think. I guess it's going on the mutant vs. mutant angle, which might work.

Is Peter jackson not working on anything else atm? like The Hobbit/Halo films (seperate films obviously not some kind of weird Halo crossover...we leave that to James Cameron). Jackson is working on the first two Tin-Tin movies with Spielberg. If Cameron did a Halo/Hobbit cross over it'd be purple-skinned hobbits having butt-sex with space tarantulas, or something.

I suspect the Incredible hulk series will be CGI hulk but otherwise real live actors and pretty crappy to boot. I'd love to be proved wrong though :nice:

I can't think of an actor that could do the Hulk convincingly. Technically Lou Ferrigno wasn't big enough (6'5" and 280lbs was still huge) so they relied on smaller actors and tricky camera angles. I don't think they could get away with that now. And the budget for a CGI Hulk to be convincing on prime-time TV would be insane, even if he only shows up maybe three times in the entire season. I expect nothing less than an earth-shaking mushroom cloud of crap.

If its anything like "Blade" the tv series, wow......forget it.
Blade will probably look like Shakespeare by comparison.

First any thing comic hero related on TV ends up being bad, the original Hulk series being the exception. Look at the TV comic movies, there was a bunch of Spiderman movies, all horrible, a Capt America flick, awful, won't even describe how bad the Nick Fury, played by Hasslehoof, was. So even with CGi the script will suck garaunteed. As Spoon said, I would love to be proved wrong, but I'm skeptical.
I grew up with the Hulk. Even as an adult and ignoring any nostalgic connections I had with the show, it was still the best comicbook-to-TV series adaptation ever. Kenneth Johnson should be given a medal for what he pulled off. He made the origins of the gamma exposure a believable event, and the Hulk was more than just Frankensten-meets-Mr. Hyde - he was also Hercules, and Banner was Prometheus, forever suffering stealing the fire of the gods. The show definitely had its faults, most predominantly the over-sentimentality, but it was still a great show. (The move-of-the-week spinoffs stunk out loud, though.) It really proves its legitimacy when the two Hulk movies tried as hard as they could to tap into that "there are so many similarities with the TV show" hype. Only the second one did it with any success. The first simply sucked. Lou Ferrigno himself has said he'll be back to voice the Hulk in the upcoming Avengers movie, but he hasn't heard from the director or read a script yet.

@Rag the Lizard was Parker's Lab teacher when he got into some chemicals or something. Del Toro on Godzilla would be something really special!

And yes the remake of Knight rider was a joke.
Yeah, I kinda know who Lizard was (my little bro was a Spiderman nut as a kid). :nice: The rumor before del Toro was that Tim Burton was in the running for the next Godzilla movie. LOLWUT?!? Seeing Johnny Depp, Helena Bonham-Carter and Christopher Lee (the three most likely actors to be in a Burton film anymore) in a Godzilla movie movie might be pretty entertaining. :lol:

The Stray Cat
10-15-2010, 09:16 AM
I never thought about that, Depp could be the hero and Carter the damsel in distress and Lee could be Gojiro! Perfect!

Yes the first HULK movie wasted more screen time and fan boy cash then the rumor of Mary Jane nude in SM2! I guess the Lizard is the call because this is a "prequel" type flick. Parker is still suppose to be in HS not like the beginning of the Toby series. So Green Goblin, Doc Oct, and Sandman have already been done, so they can't redo them. Other than Lizard, there's Hob Goblin, Rhino, Venom which Im sure will be the Villian in #2, and King Pin has been touched on a little bit in the other flicks.

Oggy
10-15-2010, 10:12 AM
can a get some gaming advice please, the wife has a wii, but it's no good for driving games

so i'm looking to get a ps3 or xbox 360, it will mainly be driving games and guitar hero, what would you guys recommend out of the 2 :thinking: :thinking:

The Stray Cat
10-15-2010, 10:34 AM
There are less problems with the PS3 I believe, but Xbox360 as some cool games not for any other system.

THE_JOKER
10-15-2010, 11:00 AM
PS3 Ogg :nice:

The Stray Cat
10-15-2010, 12:19 PM
I just read the greatest news!!!

Titanic is getting 3D release 2012!!!!:puke::puke::puke::puke::banghead::boxin: :smackbutt::whip::censor::bomb::flamer::cryin::cry in::oldnews::bs2::hunter:

THE_JOKER
10-15-2010, 12:44 PM
You mean there bringing back the old Titanic but in 3D, or they're making a sequel??

IF its the latter, how the hell do you have Titanic 2?? it aint JAWS, you cant have "Titanic 2!-The Return"

The Stray Cat
10-15-2010, 01:24 PM
You mean there bringing back the old Titanic but in 3D, or they're making a sequel??

IF its the latter, how the hell do you have Titanic 2?? it aint JAWS, you cant have "Titanic 2!-The Return"

Nope James, I like cash cow movies, Cameron is bringing back titanic updated to 3d, aside from the people falling off the sinking boat what could they possibly make 3d in that movie?

Oggy
10-15-2010, 01:31 PM
I just read the greatest news!!!

Titanic is getting 3D release 2012!!!!:puke::puke::puke::puke::banghead::boxin: :smackbutt::whip::censor::bomb::flamer::cryin::cry in::oldnews::bs2::hunter:

WHY WHY WHY:puke::puke::puke::banghead::banghead::banghead :

THE_JOKER
10-15-2010, 01:32 PM
Ah right, i suppose the water rushing in will be another hit sequence for the eyes.

The Stray Cat
10-15-2010, 01:47 PM
Its going to be epic, seeing leonardo and kate sailing right out of my screen, with their arms wide open in triumphant exuberation and love! When I say epic, I meam epic!
http://i663.photobucket.com/albums/uu359/elkozak73/motivator5953d9a6fe81a828177b36983d.jpg

THE_JOKER
10-15-2010, 02:16 PM
Ronald McDonald an Bigfoot together on a park bench......

Certainly seems epic to me lol.

Ragnarok
10-15-2010, 03:09 PM
Add Kate Winslet's naughty bits during the sketching scene to the list of potential 3D eye pokers.

The Stray Cat
10-15-2010, 03:22 PM
Add Kate Winslet's naughty bits during the sketching scene to the list of potential 3D eye pokers.

That's just what I want to see screaming out of my TV Kate's :Happybounce:
Maybe he'll replace Kate with Neytiri from avatar, and the titanic will actualy be one of the big gun ships and her and leonardo can get busy on the shp while the war is going on then all the passengers can fall off the ship instead of a boat. Pure Awesomeness!:chug:

Cameron was quoted as saying he wanted the next installment of Avatar to focus more on water.

Ragnarok
10-15-2010, 07:36 PM
That's just what I want to see screaming out of my TV Kate's :Happybounce:Just remember what the first three letters of Titanic are… :blink:

Maybe he'll replace Kate with Neytiri from avatar, and the titanic will actualy be one of the big gun ships and her and leonardo can get busy on the shp while the war is going on then all the passengers can fall off the ship instead of a boat. Pure Awesomeness!:chug:

Cameron was quoted as saying he wanted the next installment of Avatar to focus more on water.

That is exactly what we needed: Anthropomorphic cat lizards-meets-Waterworld. :nono:

The Stray Cat
10-15-2010, 09:19 PM
Just remember what the first three letters of Titanic are… :blink:

That is exactly what we needed: Anthropomorphic cat lizards-meets-Waterworld. :nono:

Avatar II, Avatartanic, is supposed to be more covering of the lakes and oceans of the planet.

The Stray Cat
10-16-2010, 11:06 AM
The Hobbit has finally been green lighted!! woohoo!
http://movies.yahoo.com/feature/wrap-hobbit-greenlight.html

Ragnarok
10-16-2010, 11:09 AM
I happened to see that last night before I went to bed. Been watching the MGM drama play out over the last couple of weeks and it looks like they might be on an even keel again with Lionsgate essentially taking them over. :nice:

I'm crossing my fingers that Howard Shore comes back for the music.

The Stray Cat
10-16-2010, 11:48 AM
Well Im excited, if this movie is done right the financial troubles should lessen a bit LOL!

Lee
10-16-2010, 12:02 PM
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=z9yK-ThN8EM
filmed that using a £5 ebay camera. not too shabby?

gaz
10-16-2010, 12:20 PM
quality is excellent for the money!!!

do you have a link please lee???

Oggy
10-16-2010, 12:35 PM
lee is that one of those keyring cameras, i've had one for about 3 months, but i've only tested it works and not used it properly yet

Lee
10-16-2010, 05:01 PM
quality is excellent for the money!!!

do you have a link please lee???
of course mate. would work ALOT better mounted to the chassis, or on a scaler, the shaking of the bodyshell is what blurs it/makes the loud rattle. like i said movement of the camera it doesnt like but if its still and something moves past it picks it up fine.
http://cgi.ebay.co.uk/Key-Chain-DVR-Recorder-Spy-Video-Webcam-Camera-30fps-/170470400614?pt=UK_CCTV&hash=item27b0d3e266

lee is that one of those keyring cameras, i've had one for about 3 months, but i've only tested it works and not used it properly yet
yeah mate :)
thinking about strapping it to my heli and taking it for a flight.

oldskoolmini
10-16-2010, 05:27 PM
well i got really bored today and decided to paint some old skool scallops on the fender and door of my van. soon im gonna order some flat metallic silver and do a proper paint job. will upload pics later. and i plan to remove the hub caps, paint the wheels black, put on some beauty rins and whitewalls. its gonna be epic.

The Stray Cat
10-16-2010, 08:20 PM
well i got really bored today and decided to paint some old skool scallops on the fender and door of my van. soon im gonna order some flat metallic silver and do a proper paint job. will upload pics later. and i plan to remove the hub caps, paint the wheels black, put on some beauty rins and whitewalls. its gonna be epic.

PICS?????

Waterboy
10-16-2010, 08:24 PM
Hey guys I caught a 100 pound thresher shark and an albacore tune today^_^ I'll put some pics up later of it, and we didn't even catch it with a fishing rod? Any guesses? And no net, no gun.:aflac:

Oggy
10-17-2010, 02:04 AM

we need some pics of that

Hey guys I caught a 100 pound thresher shark and an albacore tune today^_^ I'll put some pics up later of it, and we didn't even catch it with a fishing rod? Any guesses? And no net, no gun.:aflac:

and pics of those

oldskoolmini
10-17-2010, 02:18 AM
i started a thread in the 1:1 section. called the "evolution of a ford econoline aka oliver"

Oggy
10-18-2010, 03:58 AM
i know a few of you are into trains like myself, so check out this one that hit a fallen tree at 90 m.p.h.

http://markfew.fotopic.net/c1870413.html

Lee
10-18-2010, 04:25 AM
wow. actually looks like theres no structure there at all... are their impact regulations for trains?

THE_JOKER
10-18-2010, 05:33 AM
Hitting a tree (or large branch) at 90mph an thats all it did??

The Stray Cat
10-18-2010, 07:15 AM
Can imagine what's going through the conductor's head? I'm doing 90 and this thing isn't going to stop on a dime, and there's a dang tree in the way!

THE_JOKER
10-18-2010, 07:27 AM
I think at that point he calmly stood up, walked into the rear cabin an shut the door, then proceeded to walk swiftly towards the rear of the train whilst whistling a calming tune so as not to alert the passengers to the oncoming problem ahead........ i know this as it would have been my plan.

Oggy
10-18-2010, 07:39 AM
the report says the driver hid behind his seat and got cuts, and a broken wrist

The Stray Cat
10-18-2010, 07:58 AM
the report says the driver hid behind his seat and got cuts, and a broken wrist

Joker's plan sounds much better to me than hiding behind my seat. I would've been 8 cars back by time the tree hit!:rolling:

THE_JOKER
10-18-2010, 08:03 AM
lmao, 8 cars back an next to the tea trolley for me.

The Stray Cat
10-18-2010, 08:36 AM
lmao, 8 cars back an next to the tea trolley for me.

Do they serve alcohol on trains anymore? As I might have a lot of it with a splash of my tea!

THE_JOKER
10-18-2010, 09:25 AM
No idea, i havent been on a train for about 10 years.

If they do sell it on there though i'll be booking a short trip soon, the fare has got to be worth a few tipples of the good stuff.

The Stray Cat
10-18-2010, 09:38 AM
Train rides are very relaxing, I haven't ben on one in years either, but I remember how nice it was.

THE_JOKER
10-18-2010, 09:58 AM
Up until the point of a tree coming through the windscreen i would agree, yes....they are relaxing rides lol.

The Stray Cat
10-18-2010, 10:25 AM
@Joker-very true statement!

Here a link I found pretty funny. Anyone that is a Lord Of the Rings fan should enjoy it.
http://www.theonering.com/imagelist2-139/Humour

THE_JOKER
10-19-2010, 01:52 AM
Dont really know about the movie as ive never seen it but still, i found them worthy of a giggle :lol:

Spoon37
10-19-2010, 04:37 AM
@Joker-very true statement!

Here a link I found pretty funny. Anyone that is a Lord Of the Rings fan should enjoy it.
http://www.theonering.com/imagelist2-139/Humour

:lol: nice

I saw the movies first, but I have just finished reading the books of LOTR - I am actually amazed how much different they are, particularly Return of the King(not just small things either, major plot devices - things happening out of sequence or in the wrong place etc).

I've also realised where most players get their 'RP names' from in MMO games - just read the appendices for the lists of things like elven kings' names and such :crazy:

The Stray Cat
10-19-2010, 07:03 AM
:lol: nice

I saw the movies first, but I have just finished reading the books of LOTR - I am actually amazed how much different they are, particularly Return of the King(not just small things either, major plot devices - things happening out of sequence or in the wrong place etc).

I've also realised where most players get their 'RP names' from in MMO games - just read the appendices for the lists of things like elven kings' names and such :crazy:

Yes the movies are quuite different. Jackson did a good job with the movies, making them flow nicely and all, but still not the book. I wished he would've put Tom Bombadil, and the barrowites in the first one. I've read the Hobbit too many times to count and LOTR trilogy I've read at least a dozen and I am on my fifth time through the SIlmarillion.

The Stray Cat
10-19-2010, 08:35 AM
Spoon here is a list of all the differences and why they were made.
http://www.theonering.com/page3-25/TheMoviesTheCompleteListofFilmChanges

Bullitt
10-19-2010, 11:52 AM
Hello to all my brothers!

What a crappy couple days we have had. Let me paint this picture for you.

When we bought our 'burb, we had it financed through our credit union. The only problem was that we did not know what we were going to get for the trade, so we had to sign a 3-day no interest note until we could get the payment to the dealership. Long story short, we get a call from Carmax financial saying that we are 15 days late on our first payment. I tell them that we are not buying through you, but through our credit union. I call the credit union and they confirm the drafting instructions were sent twice to the dealership in the allotted time frame. I went round and round with them for a week and a half trying to get them to draft the money out of the account like they should have done in the first place. They tried to say it had been too long and another credit app needed to be filled out, new internal credit check, and so on. I hung up, called a lawyer, and he agreed with me, and I called the business manager back. I told him the following:
1) he was being a horse's arse
2) they were trying to scam us
3) I spoke to a lawyer
4) that it was time they fessed to their error and draft the money
5) fix our credit hickey that will be on our credit report

15 minutes later, he called back with an address where we could send the check from the credit union, the $444 dollar payment that CMUSA was wanting would be paid by them, the CMUSA account would be closed, and the credit hickey was removed.

All of this ended on mid-Friday morning.

The missus and I are then in a good mood and we get packed up, have lunch together, and then we pick up the kids. Two hours after we leave home, Connor tells us that his ear hurts a little and we give him some pain meds. Friday night, he wakes up crying in sever pain with the same ear. Instead of going to the State park, we drive to the closest town with a clinic and get him checked out. He has a massive ear infection. The rest of the day, he is sleeping on the couch in the cabin. We leave early the next morning and are back at home just after lunchtime. He is still trying to get over the ear infection.
The Chiefs lost to the Texans, basically on the results of a stupid call.

That was my weekend.

Here are the only pictures I took.

The bluff outside our cabin door

http://i88.photobucket.com/albums/k164/harrybullitt/Family/fe10a27d.jpg

more of the bluff

http://i88.photobucket.com/albums/k164/harrybullitt/Family/d3978a04.jpg

Emma with a treasure

http://i88.photobucket.com/albums/k164/harrybullitt/Family/7f867422.jpg

Jackson

http://i88.photobucket.com/albums/k164/harrybullitt/Family/9de9518b.jpg

Connor before the ear flare up

http://i88.photobucket.com/albums/k164/harrybullitt/Family/ead59142.jpg

The Frio river
http://i88.photobucket.com/albums/k164/harrybullitt/Family/40481327.jpg

http://i88.photobucket.com/albums/k164/harrybullitt/Family/10f3dde4.jpg

Dinner Sat night

http://i88.photobucket.com/albums/k164/harrybullitt/Family/829a2ca3.jpg

Busy as hell at work right now,

Harry

The Stray Cat
10-19-2010, 12:14 PM
Sorry to hear your weekend went to he!! Harry. Well there is always next year, and think of it this way. When Connor becomes a Dad, many uears from now, and he comes to you whining or complaining about how his wife or his kid muffed up a perfectly good camping trip... you say you don't remember when you were 10 and you got an ear infection....

Bullitt
10-19-2010, 01:08 PM
LOL!

We have had 4 great trips, so one bad one is not going to kill me. The MIL, Connor, and Jackson all drove to Garner State park to take a gander while the Missus, FIL, and Em took a long afternoon nap. Just as soon as we got to the park, Connor's ear started to hurt again. We just could not catch a break.

I did just find out that we are having carne guisada today about 5:00pm. I am going to have to let the missus know that I am going to be late coming home.

Harry

The Stray Cat
10-19-2010, 02:06 PM
LOL!

We have had 4 great trips, so one bad one is not going to kill me. The MIL, Connor, and Jackson all drove to Garner State park to take a gander while the Missus, FIL, and Em took a long afternoon nap. Just as soon as we got to the park, Connor's ear started to hurt again. We just could not catch a break.

I did just find out that we are having carne guisada today about 5:00pm. I am going to have to let the missus know that I am going to be late coming home.

Harry

Sounds like a yummy supper Harry, yes you better let her know, you'll never live it down if ou don't!:smackbutt:

Oggy
10-19-2010, 03:07 PM
harry, sorry to hear about your weekend, hope he gets better soon

oldskoolmini
10-19-2010, 09:29 PM
http://www.everybicycletire.com/Shopping/pc-2572-17-24-x-175-courtesy-street-whitewall-507.aspx

found some whitwall tires for my wheelchair. :banana:

Waterboy
10-19-2010, 09:44 PM
Osm those are sick!!! You'll look so pippin:lol:

And I'm buying a professional hackeysack!!http://www.footbagshop.com/freestyle-footbags/patriot-120.html

Woohooz!!

oldskoolmini
10-19-2010, 09:55 PM
professional hackey sack? :rofl:

i cant wait to get my new tires. i searched forever trying to find knobby tread white walls to fit my wheels.maybe now i can offroad in it better and the upgrade to pnuematic tires will be nice and comfy.

Bullitt
10-19-2010, 09:58 PM
We had another happy customer today in a pretty cool day cab.

Look at those tires :drool:
http://i88.photobucket.com/albums/k164/harrybullitt/stuff/6a635d37.jpg

http://i88.photobucket.com/albums/k164/harrybullitt/stuff/ff4eb9e5.jpg

http://i88.photobucket.com/albums/k164/harrybullitt/stuff/c6fd21a7.jpg

http://i88.photobucket.com/albums/k164/harrybullitt/stuff/dcbb87de.jpg

http://i88.photobucket.com/albums/k164/harrybullitt/stuff/b4029a45.jpg

I missed the meal today. Family came first.

Harry

The Stray Cat
10-19-2010, 10:08 PM
Harry, you should never miss a good meal! Them be some nice tires on that rig for sure.

@ OSM sweet looking tires for your daily ride!

@WB, WTF is a professional hackeysack? Secondly don't go thinking you are all cool and stuff, we created a hackey buzz and got rid of the fad before you were a twinkle in your Daddy's eye!:)

Oggy
10-19-2010, 11:50 PM
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=sJ6vBOj_v5A&feature=related

pardonmyn00b
10-20-2010, 06:26 AM
Lol, I love the folding chair for the drivers seat

The Stray Cat
10-20-2010, 09:02 AM
Joker, we're going to be safe!
http://news.yahoo.com/s/livescience/20101019/sc_livescience/endoftheearthpostponed

THE_JOKER
10-20-2010, 09:05 AM
Well we probably were......till you just went a head an potentially spoke too soon.... thanks Rock... :lol:

The Stray Cat
10-20-2010, 09:10 AM
Well we probably were......till you just went a head an potentially spoke too soon.... thanks Rock... :lol:

The boat is still ready if you are! :chug: along with the cooler!

Lee
10-20-2010, 09:21 AM
hows everyones day?

ive been a member at a club at school where we design/build/race electric race cars. theyre essentialy go karts running off 2 12v car batteries. ive been a member since i joined the club, despite never being able to drive due to my height... ive been as our head teacher put it 'the ross braun' of the club, team leader. The Dt technician who runs the club has always said hed find a way of saying thanks... and today i got that :D turns out in the past few weeks everyone has been putting money toward a gift experience package for me, basicaly im now sitting looking at a list of 30 activities, quad biking, racing buggies, bungee jumping, heli ride, glider ride, assault course, supercar ride (lambo lp640 or aston martin dbs),rally experience, what appears to be a trip around an oval circuit in a nascar style racecar or if i wait until next september, provided i have my driving license im alright to do a 4x4 course or digger driving :)
what you guys think i should do? :lol:

The Stray Cat
10-20-2010, 09:31 AM
hows everyones day?

ive been a member at a club at school where we design/build/race electric race cars. theyre essentialy go karts running off 2 12v car batteries. ive been a member since i joined the club, despite never being able to drive due to my height... ive been as our head teacher put it 'the ross braun' of the club, team leader. The Dt technician who runs the club has always said hed find a way of saying thanks... and today i got that :D turns out in the past few weeks everyone has been putting money toward a gift experience package for me, basicaly im now sitting looking at a list of 30 activities, quad biking, racing buggies, bungee jumping, heli ride, glider ride, assault course, supercar ride (lambo lp640 or aston martin dbs),rally experience, what appears to be a trip around an oval circuit in a nascar style racecar or if i wait until next september, provided i have my driving license im alright to do a 4x4 course or digger driving :)

No dancing girls or hookers? What kind of experience package is that?:lolbeat::chug:

THE_JOKER
10-20-2010, 09:35 AM
The boat is still ready if you are! :chug: along with the cooler!

Good to hear! :chug: lol

hows everyones day?

I would go for the lambo ride, purely to say i been in that :lol:

pardonmyn00b
10-20-2010, 09:39 AM
hows everyones day?

What's the rally experience? Driving cars really fast off road? I'd go for that one! Or 4x4 or bungee jumping.

Lee
10-20-2010, 09:49 AM
rally driving says its 3-5mins in a car, with someone else driving. i need to email silverstone, the rage buggy experience quotes a max height of 6'3, im 6'5... one of the things id really want to do :lol:
ill have a look at them all properly later, havent got to decide yet :P digger driving one looks good, its a whopping big komatsu jobby :drool:

The Stray Cat
10-20-2010, 10:19 AM
We could always try to shrink ya down Lee, we shorten and lengthen RC bodies all the time, I'm sure we could handle a human body!:)

Lee
10-20-2010, 10:21 AM
i heard they make machines to shrink things, seen them in the shops labeled as 'washing machines'? i like being tall... until it comes to trying to do things :mad:

Ragnarok
10-20-2010, 10:47 AM
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=PIxuP4UJNUM

Bullitt
10-20-2010, 11:17 AM
Morning all. How is life? Today, I realized that I should have taken a bit more time off after my brother died. We are starting to fab up a trailer that I was getting together about the time he died and I am realizing I did not have a clear head at the time. Sumbish!

Harry

The Stray Cat
10-20-2010, 11:28 AM
Unfortunately Harry is there really ever the correct amount of time. There is always that song or that show, or something that can be a tidal wave of grief over us.

Bullitt
10-20-2010, 11:32 AM
At the time, I took it as man up and get back to work because we were very busy. It is starting to hit me a bit, almost like I have not grieved. You are right though. When is it ever enough time?

Harry

spankrjs
10-20-2010, 02:43 PM
No dancing girls or hookers? What kind of experience package is that?:lolbeat::chug:

I'm with him - nothing says "thanks" like the gift of a hooker:beer&buddy:

Ragnarok
10-20-2010, 03:37 PM
And the gift she gives is the kind that keeps on giving. :puke:

Bullitt
10-20-2010, 03:47 PM
LOL

@Spank

How you been bud? The Jeep is coming along nicely. It would be a shame to take it out in the dirt! LOL

Harry

spankrjs
10-21-2010, 06:28 AM
LOL

@Spank

How you been bud? The Jeep is coming along nicely. It would be a shame to take it out in the dirt! LOL

Harry

I'm good, thanks for asking:nice:

Be quiet about that "too nice for the dirt" stuff:sht: :rolling:

Thats why I have #3, pictured next to #1:nice:

http://i816.photobucket.com/albums/zz90/spankrjs/Scrambler/100_5009.jpg

Bullitt
10-21-2010, 08:49 AM
Oh Holy Hell! You are going to be poor son!

Harry

The Stray Cat
10-21-2010, 08:57 AM
MAn that is one nice looking scrambler Spanks!

spankrjs
10-21-2010, 10:10 AM
Oh Holy Hell! You are going to be poor son!

Harry

No wife or kiddies = LOTS of Jeep money:lolbeat::lolbeat::lolbeat:

spankrjs
10-21-2010, 10:11 AM
MAn that is one nice looking scrambler Spanks!

Appreciate it :nice:

The Stray Cat
10-21-2010, 10:17 AM
Appreciate it :nice:

Yes I am very jealous! A scrambler is my number 3 for vehicles that I want most.
#1 1978 Dodge Power Wagon
#2 any 68-69 Dodge/Plymouth Muscle car
#3 Jeep Scrambler.

Bullitt
10-21-2010, 10:28 AM
Spank has you beat Ed, in case you did not know. (I did not know about the trail rig)

#1 Green Scrambler
#2 Red Scrambler (1:1 build thread)
#3 Blue Scrambler on right
#4 TJ

You my friend are a lucky fella. You need to let me know how you acquired the blue one that looks like it spent a night in Detroit!

Harry

The Stray Cat
10-21-2010, 10:55 AM
@ Harry, as I stated I am jealous, and now even more so!

Bullitt
10-21-2010, 12:06 PM
Good! That makes two of us. A friend has been trying to get me to buy his '63 Scout for years. My wife's reply? "We only have two drivers in the family. We do not need more than two cars."

Good news, the COE is getting traded in on a Bruiser! Whoo Hoo!

Harry

spankrjs
10-21-2010, 12:11 PM
Spank has you beat Ed, in case you did not know. (I did not know about the trail rig)

#1 Green Scrambler
#2 Red Scrambler (1:1 build thread)
#3 Blue Scrambler on right
#4 TJ

You my friend are a lucky fella. You need to let me know how you acquired the blue one that looks like it spent a night in Detroit!

Harry

#4 is a TJ Rubicon:update:

#3 isn't blue, just looks that way in the pic. It is the same "Sherwood Green" that #1 is:D Paint and decals are weathered severely, but it looks cool:D

#3 isn't actually mine (yet/maybe/don't know):sht: It belongs to a friend of mine whose jeep cj/scrambler collection puts my collection of 3 to shame:drool: He ran out of storage space so I offered to store it for him;)

It came with 4 mismatched tires and wheels which I gave away so I wouldn't have to pay to dispose of them. All my jack stands are tied up in the garage right now, so I put it on concrete blocks:D I plan on putting the tires and rims that came on my current project on there, but it looks too cool sitting on concrete blocks:D

#3 currently doesn't run, but that should be an easy fix:banana: Quick list of #3's issues:

1) It is a 95% complete 1983 Scrambler. 99% rust free body and frame. Only surface rust and faded paint:D The only rust is surface rust in the bed, a few small pinholes in the bed, plus a little surface rust on the drivers floorboard where shoes rub the paint off. 88,000 mile on the odometer.

2)Broken rear driver side axle

3) Grenaded front driver side lock in hub

4)Missing one front shackle hanger, rear drums, one front caliper, bent front drive shaft, a few other odds and ends. I have all the parts that it needs left over from my current build.

5) The cylinder head is in the back. The guy said it ran, had a miss, thought it had a froze valve, didn't, never put it back together<_< Needs some underhood work, nothing major, have all the parts:D

I plan on getting this one drivable again with my left over, still in good shape used parts. Its been sitting for awhile, so of course it will need all new fluids, pack or replace bearings, seals, rubber parts, etc. Should be able to get it safely and reliably running again for less then $1,000 in parts. This will be my therapy from my current high dollar build:D

In exchange for getting this one running I will be getting some NOS parts and accessories my buddy has. Or, I might buy it, but I don't really need it. It is the perfect basis for a full restoration, but I already have 1 nice stock Scrambler. I already have a list of people lined up to buy it if my friend decides to sell it, with my name on top:D

I wish that #3 had been for sale when I bought my current project, I would have easily saved $4,000 in body work. This CJ8 is in that good of shape, diamond in the rough...............

I will start a thread on this scrambler in the 1:1 section, if anybody is interested.

spankrjs
10-21-2010, 12:16 PM
Good! That makes two of us. A friend has been trying to get me to buy his '63 Scout for years. My wife's reply? "We only have two drivers in the family. We do not need more than two cars."

Good news, the COE is getting traded in on a Bruiser! Whoo Hoo!

Harry
Bruisers, another one of my expensive toys, congrats, we need pics and info:chug::chug:

Bullitt
10-21-2010, 12:20 PM
Always interested in restoration builds Spank. Post 'em up and I will continue to comment!

Harry

Oggy
10-21-2010, 12:33 PM
any of you guys ever have one of those cars that you just cant sell?

i've been trying to sell my hyper 7 for 2 months now, and still no luck, i'm running out of ideas of where to try selling it next

Bullitt
10-21-2010, 12:34 PM
Bruisers, another one of my expensive toys, congrats, we need pics and info:chug::chug:

It is a diamond in the rough. It appears to be in really good condition with a beat body (bed in good condition), factory three speed, RC4wd trailing arms and steering link too.

We are scheduled to ship out tomorrow, so when it come is, I will post up pictures. I plan on swapping out the Hilux and Bruiser bodies for what ever driving I will do with it. I plan on getting some new frame rails (more scale) cut and moving my Hilux gear to it and mounting a Tamiya Bronco body on it. Then eventually getting more running gear, make another scale frame, and putting the chassis-less Hilux or Bruiser body a home.

Harry

spankrjs
10-21-2010, 12:36 PM

i've been trying to sell my hyper 7 for 2 months now, and still no luck, i'm running out of ideas of where to try selling it next

I'm trying to sell a new built Blackfoot, not one offer:(

Bullitt
10-21-2010, 12:36 PM

I tried to sell the COE two or three times before with no results. Yesterday I posted it up and within an couple hours, a trade was in the works.

Harry

Bullitt
10-21-2010, 12:38 PM
I'm trying to sell a new built Blackfoot, not one offer:(

That is the problem about the Brat, Frog, Blackfoot, etc. They were really cool back in the day, but now, unless you can find someone that always wanted one, that is the only way they are going to move.

Harry

spankrjs
10-21-2010, 12:43 PM
It is a diamond in the rough. It appears to be in really good condition with a beat body (bed in good condition), factory three speed, RC4wd trailing arms and steering link too.

We are scheduled to ship out tomorrow, so when it come is, I will post up pictures. I plan on swapping out the Hilux and Bruiser bodies for what ever driving I will do with it. I plan on getting some new frame rails (more scale) cut and moving my Hilux gear to it and mounting a Tamiya Bronco body on it. Then eventually getting more running gear, make another scale frame, and putting the chassis-less Hilux or Bruiser body a home.

Harry

Sounds like a plan Harry:D

I thought for a second that you were going to get this kind of Bruiser:nice:

http://i816.photobucket.com/albums/zz90/spankrjs/100_4560.jpg

http://i816.photobucket.com/albums/zz90/spankrjs/100_4561.jpg

I will probably start a thread on Scrambler #3, but there will be no progress for awhile, at least until I finish my other build.

spankrjs
10-21-2010, 12:46 PM
That is the problem about the Brat, Frog, Blackfoot, etc. They were really cool back in the day, but now, unless you can find someone that always wanted one, that is the only way they are going to move.

Harry

Yep, they were really cool back in the day. But even today I would rather have a Blackfoot/Monsterbeetle instead of a Slash or any of the other run of the mill RTR 2wd trucks/monster truck/basher thingys available. The old ones just have more character:nice: I guess I am different/old:lol:

Bullitt
10-21-2010, 01:09 PM
Nope, it is not that cool, but it started out that way! I always like my Blackfoot and I had a ton of fun with it.

Harry

spankrjs
10-21-2010, 01:48 PM
Nope, it is not that cool, but it started out that way! I always like my Blackfoot and I had a ton of fun with it.

Harry

Maybe time to rekindle that Blackfoot love affair flame:nice:

Bullitt
10-21-2010, 04:03 PM
Yes Spank, I think you are right. Love your Blackfoot, unless it is due to frostbite! LOL

This is where I am heading to Saturday after the boys soccer games

http://www.texasmile.net/

Harry

Ragnarok
10-21-2010, 10:33 PM
In spirit of Spirit Day (or is that Thpirit?), I now present a dramatic reading from Justin Bieber's memoir…

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Nhh2288zNVE

Ragnarok
10-21-2010, 10:36 PM
And another recitation…
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=xy5JwYOlgvY

Ragnarok
10-21-2010, 10:39 PM
Some words of wisdom…
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=amIh-Jovulw

oldskoolmini
10-21-2010, 10:52 PM
:rolling: if justin beiber likes girls then im a one legged pirate named black jack.

Ragnarok
10-21-2010, 10:57 PM
:rolling: if justin beiber likes girls then im a one legged pirate named black jack.

They're making a special version of The Hobbit with him in it. He plays Dildo Faggins, and with his friend, Gandalf the Ghey (Perez Hilton), they begin an adventure by jumping into the wrong Hobbit Hole. :blink:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=2cPHiA9rUPc

You're welcome. :wave:

oldskoolmini
10-21-2010, 11:27 PM
:huh::thinking::crazy::rofl::rolling::lolbeat:

Ragnarok
10-22-2010, 08:32 AM
I haven't had a chance to watch this yet, but it should be interesting. I'll D/L tonight.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=XoUN2AGxrnA

twisted77
10-22-2010, 08:47 AM
And another recitation…
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=xy5JwYOlgvY

My all time favorite actor, \\\

anyway, havent posted here yet but seems like everyone else is so figured I needed to aswell.

Ragnarok
10-22-2010, 09:20 AM
Some more near-future Blu-Ray/DVD release dates:

The Last Airbender - Nov. 16
The Expendables - Nov. 23
The Sorcerer's Apprentice - Nov. 30
Inception - Dec. 7
Shrek 4 - Dec. 7 (also available in a boxed set of all four Shrek movies)
Despicable Me - Dec. 14
Futurama Vol. 5 (WTH?) - Dec. 21
Family Guy Star Wars Trilogy - Dec. 21

The next big one is Back to the Future trilogy on Blu-Ray. That's out next Tuesday (Oct. 26).

Spoon37
10-22-2010, 09:27 AM
Some more Blu-Ray/DVD release dates:

Futurama Vol. 5 (WTH?) - Dec. 21

Thats the 4 series/season Futurama we're talking about? :thinking:

Depends what the previous 4 volumes are on blu ray I guess, I got the whole set on DVD so I'm in no great rush to upgrade. That said as its by the same people as the Simpsons they often do themed dvd's where episodes from different series are put together e.g. a christmas theme or a treehouse of horror theme might be something like that I guess?

Ragnarok
10-22-2010, 09:33 AM
They restarted the Futurama series. None of the previous seasons/volumes are on Blu-Ray - just two of the four direct-to-video 90 minute movies. Those were then split up to make a quasi-fifth season on cable TV…which must be what this is. Maybe? Or is it after those? So confused. :confused: They really never released them as seasons, only volumes, which confounds the whole thing. Season Six (or is it seven?) is about to be broadcast, I think (I don't have cable). Maybe someone that knows for sure will pipe up and clarify.

EDIT: I hit up IMDB and figured it out. The DVD volumes 1 through 4 are the total of Seasons 1 through 5. Volume 5 will be the first batch of shows after that.

At any rate, I think it's superior to The Simpsons in almost every aspect. The Simpsons ended at season 12 as far as I'm concerned.

Lee
10-22-2010, 12:42 PM
just worked out the *rough* dimensions of my latest build. planning a scratch build body and bodged chassis, 1/8 scale to match my landy.
guess what it is?
25cm wide, 70cm long...
they do make a body i could modify into, but it would be too small...
need to go and pm londonf350 to see if he can get me the styrene :P

Bullitt
10-22-2010, 12:49 PM
just worked out the *rough* dimensions of my latest build. planning a scratch build body and bodged chassis, 1/8 scale to match my landy.
guess what it is?
25cm wide, 70cm long...
they do make a body i could modify into, but it would be too small...
need to go and pm londonf350 to see if he can get me the styrene :P

H1 Hummer?

Lee
10-22-2010, 12:54 PM
nope :P

Bullitt
10-22-2010, 12:57 PM
My WTF? McDonald's moment today. I had a coupon for a free large beef sandwich (I know), excludes the Big Mac ($4.99). I figured that the would pull the double meat card and when I asked for a double QP with cheese ($3.99), they said no. No fish or chicken sandwiches as well. Then they say I can get a QP ($2.99) or the Angus burger ($5.99). Really, no double meat, but I can get an Angus burger. I ordered the Angus and she asked if I wanted bacon on that, and I said hell yeah, and it was no charge either.

I don't understand some companies policies.

Harry

Bullitt
10-22-2010, 12:58 PM
nope :P

D90?

Harry

Lee
10-22-2010, 01:01 PM
already got one :lol:
its a general motors truck. should narrow it down?

The Stray Cat
10-22-2010, 01:24 PM
oh so you're making a poop with wheels! :lol:

Ragnarok
10-22-2010, 01:52 PM
…I ordered the Angus and she asked if I wanted bacon on that, and I said hell yeah…

Good man. :nice: You would have let every single one of us if you had refused that bacon.

Bullitt
10-22-2010, 02:19 PM
For breakfast, I ate a couple pieces of leftover bacon from last night. Only thing better than hot bacon is cold bacon out of the fridge!

To keep this from turning bacon, the COE went out today and the Bruiser should be here middle of next week!

Harry

The Stray Cat
10-22-2010, 03:06 PM
Congrats on the trade off Harry. Al these companies have stupid policies. When I worked for Wal-Mart, there policies were as dumb as screen door on a submarine.

Ragnarok
10-22-2010, 03:15 PM
Speaking of insidiously stupid…

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=XoUN2AGxrnA

I'm reposting it in case anyone missed it. It's really a complicated issue, but I'm 1,000,000% on Peter Jackson's side. I can now see why GDT quit The Hobbit. And it was nowhere near as bad then as it is now. Holy crap! :blink:

oldskoolmini
10-22-2010, 08:13 PM
sup fellas! hope evryone is doing well. I went to the parts store today to get my batteries in my van checked out, found out one had a bad cell and was draining the other. well got the battery replaced by a hot chick that worked there:Happybounce::excited:. somehow during the the parts store visit they were changing shifts, somehow i managed to leave and completely forgot to pay for the battery.:sht: so i guess im going back tommorow to pay for it. best part of the whole triip was watching the hot girl wrench on the van. :nice:

Bullitt
10-22-2010, 09:35 PM
That's awesome bud! You did not rub against her and blame it on your chair did you? :rolling:

@Lee

You making a gm stepside? Have not seen one of those yet.

Harry

Ragnarok
10-22-2010, 09:47 PM
You mean like a GMC Topkick or a Chevy Kodiak?

Bullitt
10-22-2010, 10:05 PM
This is what I was thinking about.

http://imcdb.org/images/014/231.jpg

Harry

oldskoolmini
10-22-2010, 10:34 PM
that will be sweet harry! but please do the 73-77 front end.

Lee
10-23-2010, 01:41 AM
nahh... i dont like the stepside bed look :/
i'll spill, building an 85 gmc suburban, 1/8 scale scratchbuild. dont know how, but ive found some drawings ill scale up and print out, somehow find enough styrene to build a subframe from then add pannels up on top.
i know sububans have been built before, but if i build one from a clod it'll look tiny next to my d90.

Bullitt
10-23-2010, 08:40 AM
That will be sweet Lee!

Harry

Lee
10-23-2010, 01:48 PM
its getting baja influences too :P
and twin motor tranny from a traxxas monster truck...
if i can find someone who supplies sheets in the size i need (250mm x 700mm)

Ragnarok
10-23-2010, 03:17 PM
Emerald Harmony yogurt-covered-pretzels are so much better than Flipz that it's not even worth discussing further.

A few things:

- OSM, congrats on the sexy battery change, I guess.
- Bullitt, the only reason the 2-1/2-ton pickups came to mind is I thought Lee was building something pretty big. I guess I was thinking too big. :p
- Lee, an '85 Suburban would be sweet.

Here's where I'm at:

- Trying to get the hang of my recording software. It's a lot less intuitive than I hoped, but I'm slogging through the tutorial (if one can call it that - it's definitely helpful, though). I was hoping to kick out something to share with everyone by now, but after several days of trying to get the program working by just my highly technical "poke and see" methodology, I had to settle down and just work with the product tour/tutorial to know just what the heck I'm supposed to do. Haven't had a lot of time to give any of it. Maybe mid-November I'll have some "chunes" to show off.
- Got me another software instrument. It's a freebee from IK Multimedia called SampleTank Free. Nothing particularly noteworthy, but it has a couple of nice brass sounds that I needed. This brings me up to six software instruments I own: Spectrasonics Omnisphere, NI Massive (free after $200 voucher that came with my audio interface), NI Kore 2 Player (came with my interface's installation disc), IK SampleTank Free, Alphakanal Automat (another freebee - can't get the hang of it at all), and Greenoak Crystal (also free from the developer who was one of the lead coders for Omnisphere). I definitely need some good orchestral (ProjectSAM SYMPHOBIA vols. 1 & 2, which are more than $2k together, damnit!), percussion (Project SAM True Strike vols. 1 & 2, EWQL Storm Drum 2, etc.) and guitar sounds (Vir2 Electri6ity, Prominy SC) next. A lot of film composers say that Symphobia and Omnisphere have become absolute necessities.
- I was able to unearth some of my old music files from 1993/1994 (old high school files) and 1996 through 2000. I want to be able to work with them in my new recording software (Logic Express) however the old files are in a proprietary format (MasterTracks Pro). The challenge is that particular program is no longer available (even on torrents - I checked) so I was pretty down about losing all of those old song files. All I was going to use it for was to convert the files from .MTP format to Standard MIDI Format files which can be read by just about anything. However a lucky search on Amazon turned up a used book store that had an old copy for $13. I was all, like, "dude," and then I went, like, "cha-ching", so I now have a copy on its way to my place so I can resuscitate my old compositions (kinda). :excited:

oldskoolmini
10-23-2010, 09:45 PM
went and saw jackass 3d tonite. movie theaters charge way too much nowadays. also went and paid for the battery and the dude gave me a discount on it cuz i went back and paid for it.:D was originally 84 and tax but got it for 65 and tax. :beer&buddy:

Ragnarok
10-23-2010, 10:25 PM
One of my nephews saw that last week. He said it was the funniest thing he'd ever seen. I gotta say it's not my kind of movie.

oldskoolmini
10-23-2010, 10:32 PM
there were some hilarious parts but there was a few moments where you would want to :puke: some of the 3d effects were cool. like bricks and rocks flying at your head.

Lee
10-24-2010, 02:43 AM
gotta say of all the things to see in 3d, I wouldnt think jackass would be one of them :lol:
i agree about cinemas overcharging though, i paid £20 for two tickets and two drinks the last time i went.

Ragnarok
10-24-2010, 10:11 AM
<patiently awaits price quote on controller keyboards>

Oggy
10-24-2010, 12:15 PM
i finaly sold my hyper 7 :bacondance: :bacondance: :banana: :banana: :banana: :banana: :banana: :banana:

Ragnarok
10-24-2010, 01:01 PM
How'd you do it? eBay, catapult?

Oggy
10-24-2010, 01:26 PM
How'd you do it? eBay, catapult?

put it on ebay, a guy just came to look at it before bidding, and payed cash on the spot when he saw the great condition it was in :excited: :excited: :Happybounce: :Happybounce:

Ragnarok
10-24-2010, 01:32 PM
Cool. I gotta do the eBay thing again soon to get rid of some stuff. I'll approach it differently this time. I hate selling stuff on there. The last items I tried to sell just sat there. I got an uncouth comment from one douchenozzle regarding shipping on the very last thing I tried to get rid of. :nono: I'm at the mercy of freight merchants like anyone else. I wasn't going to sell it for nothing so that some elbow-licking dirt-sucker could get a good deal.

Oggy
10-25-2010, 12:37 AM
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=nxA0a5G6ccg&feature=related

THE_JOKER
10-25-2010, 03:16 AM
Classic lol.

Bullitt
10-25-2010, 05:31 AM
Went to the zoo on Saturday and Texas mile on Sunday. It was a good weekend and I found a great crawl spot too. Too bad it was at the zoo. It was in the aviary, so I felt really grossed out.

http://i88.photobucket.com/albums/k164/harrybullitt/stuff/759a3f3d.jpg

http://i88.photobucket.com/albums/k164/harrybullitt/stuff/2b6caed3.jpg

http://i88.photobucket.com/albums/k164/harrybullitt/stuff/5af24966.jpg

http://i88.photobucket.com/albums/k164/harrybullitt/stuff/d3fdfee6.jpg

Harry

spankrjs
10-25-2010, 06:31 AM
To keep this from turning bacon, the COE went out today and the Bruiser should be here middle of next week!

Harry

Harry,

I order you to leave the Bruiser in a box in the gargae until you finish the Datsun:smackbutt::smackbutt:

:lolbeat:

The Stray Cat
10-25-2010, 07:14 AM
@Harry, the aviary does look like a cool place to run! I'm must say I'd like to see the Datsun done, But I know you are trying to get some off orad rigs for you and the boys.

I rented the new KArate Kid over the weekend, it was actually a pretty good movie, actually kind ofbetter than the original, it didn't have Ralph Machio in it for one thing. The only thing that I really didn't like was that it was a little violent for my younger kids.

Bullitt
10-25-2010, 07:21 AM
Well here is the deal...Until I find a roller that is not loaded up with aluminum parts and is under $60, I can't really go any farther with it.

Harry

Oggy
10-25-2010, 07:38 AM
Harry that looks like a great place to run, dress the truck up as a bird and go hit the trail :excited: :excited: :excited: :excited:

The Stray Cat
10-25-2010, 08:12 AM
Harry that looks like a great place to run, dress the truck up as a bird and go hit the trail :excited: :excited: :excited: :excited:

There's a new idea for lexan bodies, Duck, goose, peacock, complete with ail fins!:lol:

Bullitt
10-25-2010, 09:17 AM
One of the Lamborghinis that was at the Texas Mile crashed on Saturday. I heard he walked away from the accident and refused medical treatment.

http://jalopnik.com/5671969/twin-turbo-lamborghini-crashes-flips-at-texas-mile

Harry

Oggy
10-25-2010, 09:23 AM
One of the Lamborghinis that was at the Texas Mile crashed on Saturday. I heard he walked away from the accident and refused medical treatment.

http://jalopnik.com/5671969/twin-turbo-lamborghini-crashes-flips-at-texas-mile

Harry

ouch :huh: :huh: :huh: :huh:

Bullitt
10-25-2010, 09:33 AM
Highlights from the Texas Mile this year. I just took my iphone because I just wanted to look and see the runs. I did decide to take a few pics though.

Cadillac death machine with a 502 under the...umm...well...err...hood.
http://i88.photobucket.com/albums/k164/harrybullitt/Texas%20Mile/Texas%20Mile%2010-2010/IMG_0555.jpg
http://i88.photobucket.com/albums/k164/harrybullitt/Texas%20Mile/Texas%20Mile%2010-2010/IMG_0554.jpg
http://i88.photobucket.com/albums/k164/harrybullitt/Texas%20Mile/Texas%20Mile%2010-2010/IMG_0553.jpg
http://i88.photobucket.com/albums/k164/harrybullitt/Texas%20Mile/Texas%20Mile%2010-2010/IMG_0552.jpg
http://i88.photobucket.com/albums/k164/harrybullitt/Texas%20Mile/Texas%20Mile%2010-2010/IMG_0551.jpg
http://i88.photobucket.com/albums/k164/harrybullitt/Texas%20Mile/Texas%20Mile%2010-2010/IMG_0550.jpg

1978 Datsun 280Z
http://i88.photobucket.com/albums/k164/harrybullitt/Texas%20Mile/Texas%20Mile%2010-2010/IMG_0526.jpg
http://i88.photobucket.com/albums/k164/harrybullitt/Texas%20Mile/Texas%20Mile%2010-2010/IMG_0545.jpg
http://i88.photobucket.com/albums/k164/harrybullitt/Texas%20Mile/Texas%20Mile%2010-2010/IMG_0544.jpg
http://i88.photobucket.com/albums/k164/harrybullitt/Texas%20Mile/Texas%20Mile%2010-2010/IMG_0543.jpg

1972 Pantera
http://i88.photobucket.com/albums/k164/harrybullitt/Texas%20Mile/Texas%20Mile%2010-2010/IMG_0547.jpg
http://i88.photobucket.com/albums/k164/harrybullitt/Texas%20Mile/Texas%20Mile%2010-2010/IMG_0548.jpg
http://i88.photobucket.com/albums/k164/harrybullitt/Texas%20Mile/Texas%20Mile%2010-2010/IMG_0546.jpg

2008 Ultralight S2KSC
http://i88.photobucket.com/albums/k164/harrybullitt/Texas%20Mile/Texas%20Mile%2010-2010/IMG_0540.jpg

The Stray Cat
10-25-2010, 12:05 PM
That Pantera is sweet! Nice pics HArry!

Bullitt
10-25-2010, 01:09 PM
I got to push it too! I was talking with the driver/owner and he asked if I minded helping him push the car forward as the line moved up. His crew had gone to get lunch and had not came back yet. I was happy to oblige him as it was a way that I could touch the car and not get smacked!

Harry

The Stray Cat
10-25-2010, 02:14 PM
TOO COOL Brother!

Bullitt
10-25-2010, 06:35 PM
Why thank you brotha from anotha motha!

Harry

Oggy
10-26-2010, 07:17 AM
it's jimi time :bacondance: :bacondance: :bacondance: :bacondance:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=JnMKGSUDDqU

Bullitt
10-26-2010, 07:20 AM
Hot Damn!

I just checked the tracking and the Bruiser is here in Alice! I should have it in my grubby little hands by lunchtime!

Harry

Bullitt
10-26-2010, 07:22 AM
it's jimi time :bacondance: :bacondance: :bacondance: :bacondance:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=JnMKGSUDDqU

I see your SBB, and raise you with Voodoo Child

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=WoAXW30mMAg&feature=related

Morning all!

:bacondance:
Harry

Oggy
10-26-2010, 07:27 AM
morning Harry

Oggy
10-26-2010, 07:31 AM
I see your SBB, and raise you with Voodoo Child

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=WoAXW30mMAg&feature=related

Morning all!

:bacondance:
Harry

ok what about hendrix and morrison together

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=L6ubU8ekt_Y

or hendrix and joplin

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=daG_iY0iKPc

FunkyHunk
10-27-2010, 01:33 AM
w000t! 600 pages of this awesome thread?!

Darth Hawking approves:
http://i89.photobucket.com/albums/k205/funkyhunk/ec6c76a0.jpg

FunkyHunk
10-27-2010, 02:28 AM
Trololo guy without autotune sings to congratulate this awesome forum with this acheivement:
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=MQ78IlJs5JQ

pardonmyn00b
10-27-2010, 06:18 AM
Wtf??

Bullitt
10-27-2010, 07:32 AM
Wtf??

X2

WTF was that?

Harry

Ragnarok
10-27-2010, 08:48 AM
Wow. I know there are a lot of "revisions" of that video, but that's the weirdest I've ever seen. :blink:

Ragnarok
10-27-2010, 08:48 AM
Nine.

Ragnarok
10-27-2010, 08:49 AM

Ragnarok
Vii.

Ragnarok
9 - 3.

Ragnarok