PDA

View Full Version : between me an rangerboy - OFFICIAL THREAD MISSION STATEMENT POST #253

Pages : 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 [43] 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 51 52 53 54 55 56 57 58 59 60 61 62 63 64 65 66 67 68 69 70 71 72 73 74 75 76 77 78 79 80 81 82

Ian
12-26-2010, 03:30 AM
Merry day after Christmas guys!
Fantastic news about the missus Oggy, I bet it was like having two xmas days?

I got:

From the missus, a Bench baseball cap and thin summer Bench jacket ( makes me look like a young whipper snapper rapper wannabe ) And a £15 I-tunes card thing... Just need to download I-tunes now.

From my parents, I got a George Foreman Grill ( i love cooking )

That's it, nothing RC here, move along please :cryin:

Oggy
12-26-2010, 04:47 AM
Ian, i'll send you something r.c related

when i post you that stuff in the new year, i will also send you some MODELSPORT stckers, i know how much you like those guys:firedevil::firedevil::firedevil::firedevil:

Spoon37
12-26-2010, 05:09 AM
Merry Christmas all..yeah sorry its a little bit late lol...

Good news about your wife Oggy, I hope she makes a speedy recovery :chug:

I got a load of top gear specials on DVD, a new compact camera(Panasonic Lumix LX5 woooot! :woohoo: ), and various small bits and bobs(mostly stuff to eat lol).

:santanana:

Ragnarok
12-26-2010, 08:17 AM
I didn't ask for anything this year but still received some very nice things: a new shirt; a couple more seasons of Everybody Loves Raymond (one the few sitcoms I ever enjoyed); a Godzilla tree ornament (it's "burning Godzilla" from Godzilla vs. Destroyah); Searching for Beethoven (it's 5hrs long - awesome!); and Inception.

I watched Inception yesterday. I was totally blown away. That was more than just awesome to look at - the storyline's convolution was heavily interwoven with a very emotional tragedy (actually, I counted two), and it struck a chord in me that I wasn't expecting. I've had the music for a while now, and hearing it in the context of the film made it even more impactful. I might do an overly-worded review with spoilers a-plenty, or I might not. I never fully appreciated DiCaprio's acting until this. I kinda saw parts of Blood Diamond and was very impressed with what little I saw of him there. His Afrikaans accent was dead-on (we had a neighbor from SA, and he sounded just like him). However, I thought The Aviator and Titanic, both in terms of his acting and the movies themselves, were utter garbage.

Other than falling to the ground in my sister's driveway at -10°F and not having a coat or gloves on, AND trying to keep our house wolf from getting loose from his leash (that would have been a complete disaster - he's a runner), it was a very good day. I'm glad to hear about everyone's good news. :nice:

Ian
12-26-2010, 08:23 AM
i will also send you some MODELSPORT stckers, i know how much you like those guys

http://i50.photobucket.com/albums/f303/Iansvecs/Giffs%20and%20stuff/rkellywtfio8.gif

http://i50.photobucket.com/albums/f303/Iansvecs/cat_waiting.gif

Oggy
12-26-2010, 12:51 PM
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ug9IaNm75-E&feature=related

pardonmyn00b
12-26-2010, 01:23 PM
I just got the Ultimate Simpsons episode guide for $33 at the bookstore. It retails for $150! 8.8 pounds of Simpsons facts. Merry Christmas to me.

http://www.amazon.com/Simpsons-World-Ultimate-Episode-Guide/dp/0061711284/ref=sr_1_1?ie=UTF8&qid=1293394901&sr=8-1

LondonF350
12-27-2010, 05:36 AM
Hi guys, glad to hear everyone had a good Christmas.
My brother and his wife got me a Ralph Lauren polo shirt which is very nice, and my daughter got me Red Dead Redemption for the PS3!! :banana:

Sadly though, she is now sick in bed with some kind of stomach bug! :(

I think my brother had it just before Christmas, if so it should only be a 24 hour thing.... still she's pretty miserable... not nice for kids to be sick at Christmas.

V patchy internet here in Norfolk, so I won't be on for long. But catch you soon guys. :chug:

bajaboy5b
12-27-2010, 07:21 AM
i've seen this thread for months and never posted in it oh well have now :lol:

The Stray Cat
12-27-2010, 07:27 AM
Hey Guys, Happy Holidays to everyone, I took a much needed break from work, school and the internet in general! So now I feel great, and I have to say I missed you guys, not all of you, but a few of you!:p

Seriously though, I had a great christmas, the kids got spoiled as usual. I got some much needed new clothes for work. Spent all day yesterday building Legos with my son and playing the xbox360 with the kids!

How's everyone else doing?

THE_JOKER
12-27-2010, 08:46 AM
Hey Rock!! glad you had a good xmas matey!....all is well here, though i see two of everything an have no idea why? was doing fine till my 12th bottle?

Happy Holidays matey! :chug:

pardonmyn00b
12-27-2010, 08:51 AM
Hey Ed, welcome back to the interwebz

The Stray Cat
12-27-2010, 08:55 AM
Thanks guys! Glad to be back. Joker seeing double isn't always bad...especially when you're with a hot blonde!

Noob, how you doin bud?

twisted77
12-27-2010, 09:01 AM
I have a very pertanent Q here, who is Bronco's mom? Sorry, I know this is from a long time ago. But I just have to know and see.

twisted77
12-27-2010, 09:05 AM
Oh and BTW I still feel like crap today. I have to write my letter of resignation from the Operating Engineers today. Been there 5years, Not really looking foreward to that one. I am looking foreward to my new job at CSX but a career change at 32 is nerve racking.

I did swindle AT&T out of two new Blackberry Torch phones and the Blckberry packages, double my minuts, an extra 1000 rolover. For the same price I was paying before! :nice:

talon
12-27-2010, 09:10 AM
bronco's mom was obviously the mom of a real winner noob, 93Bronco. he was a classic lol. look up a few of his posts, you'll enjoy it.

anyways, there was one thread where he told us all about how she was cheating on his dad, and tried giving her number to us, how she was a cop, blah blah.......

then she showed up with him at some scale get-togethers, and from what people say, was smoking hot. its just been a running joke since day one.

the only person to have actual photographic proof of her existance, was warnoffroad, whom passed on before posting them. The night before he took his life, he and i were talking about them and he was supposed to send them to me (pics taken of her, at the scale train run).....

The Stray Cat
12-27-2010, 09:14 AM
Twisted, there was a kid on here who was banned several times, and always came back on with a new username with something "Bronco" well in one thread he was mad at his mom for having an affair, and we all started busting on him and of course talon and I asked if she was hot and worth a hook up? Then the tool gave us her number and told us to call her. You can read the thread here:
http://www.scale4x4rc.org/forums/showthread.php?t=37374

Ragnarok
12-27-2010, 09:16 AM
It's even stickied. He tried to come back with the username "POOHEAD" in an attempt to vindicate himself or something. I modified the thread title for his benefit. :lol:

twisted77
12-27-2010, 09:52 AM
OK well I am now bummed. I scanned over the thread, pretty freggin stupid. I was just really hoping for pics. I kinda gathered who she was buy what was being said about her. But that was lame LOL

Oh well I am over it.

Going to go see if my phones are here yet.:nice:

talon
12-27-2010, 10:00 AM
...im waitin on a new phone too. Sprint (whom i hate, but i get a deal i cant refuse on a service plan)....called me Dec.22nd to offer me a free upgrade (not due until feb) said they were having a special for long term customers and i could get an OPTIMUS S touchscreen Android smart phone for free. so who am i to argue. should be here today they say.

so by about June, i should be able to figure it out lol.

THE_JOKER
12-27-2010, 10:01 AM
Got an LG Optimus GT540 for xmas, been playing with it since lol.

talon
12-27-2010, 10:06 AM
Got an LG Optimus GT540 for xmas, been playing with it since lol.

what are your thoughts on it? it has excellent reviews online, but i'd like a real review from someone i ''know''. looks real nice, and has tons of features, just not sure how i will like it personally. ive had a few smart phones and always end up going back to ''old faithful'' my Samsung Rant. (yep, nice and basic, but does all ive ever asked it to do for me)

twisted77
12-27-2010, 10:10 AM
I have never had a smart phone, I am geting the Blackberry Torch. Anyone got one of those?

THE_JOKER
12-27-2010, 10:29 AM
Usage wise i find it very easy to use, if you have slightly large fingers then you may need to use a stylus for texting, the touch screen is very responsive though, mine came with android version 1.6, but after plugging it into the pc it updated it to 2.1, i do not know the differences though, but yeah 1.6-2.1.

Ive downloaded a few aps now and have had no trouble with freezing or the like which is good, i got a 2gb memory card with mine too wich was a bonus.

Back to the apps, ive spent most of xmas wondering round using the spirit level, an metal detector lol i look like a right idiot in the supermarket, i joked to a shelf stacker that his shelves were "out", he just gave me a dirty look.

But yeah, from what ive done so far talon, im well chuffed with it, ive had some touch screen phones before but none of which came close to this one (im not a rich man so the iphone is out).

No problems in calling etc, no dropouts yet (rang some family with it to wish them happy holidays etc) the built in maps will come in handy too, has satnav aswell but i think its more suited to walking, as it doesnt seem to update quick enough while driving.

Its a nice size too, the battery also has a good lifetime.

The phone uses home screens, there is five in total, the main screen and upon sliding your finger across it, you have 2 more screens either side.

When entering the menu, you can press an hold on an icon an drag it to one of the home screens making for easier access, and also add widgets if you so wished (weather, news, etc)

If theres anything specific you wanted to know, give me a shout :chug:

Lee
12-27-2010, 03:20 PM
my dads got me 4x4 driving lessons... get to drive either a landrover discovery or a jeep xj cherokee. SWEET.

talon
12-27-2010, 03:26 PM
my dads got me 4x4 driving lessons... get to drive either a landrover discovery or a jeep xj cherokee. SWEET.

now THAT is a christmas gift!!!!

joker,
im gonna have to guess mine is like 'one step up' from the one you got then? mine comes standard with 2.2 (no idea what that even means or does). got the tracking report today, estimated arrival time is tomorrow 10am-2pm

ive used the blackberry curve and absolutely hated it, but it was my 2nd crackberry and i didnt like either of them, just not my thing. not that it was a bad phone, just didnt work for me.

also had a touchscreen "instinct'' and loved the phone, but my job at the time i had it, caused me to break several of them. so i went back to my "rant" until now. figured id give the whole touchscreen a go again.

Klowd_13
12-27-2010, 11:10 PM
LG phones in general are pretty tough, I've dropped and sat on my LG flip a few times without any damage. Ive seen phones destroy themselves on the schoolroom floor when they fell out of peoples pockets, but LGs seem to be the toughest.

I believe it time for me to get some sleep... I just helped a resurrected thread and didnt even notice. :banghead:

Cheers,
-John-

Ragnarok
12-27-2010, 11:22 PM
It's not your fault. It's the doings of a potential Spam Pidgeon. :cop:

Oggy
12-28-2010, 03:07 AM
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=kpaLmIIzJC8

Spoon37
12-28-2010, 03:30 AM
:blink:

THE_JOKER
12-28-2010, 03:35 AM
joker,
im gonna have to guess mine is like 'one step up' from the one you got then? mine comes standard with 2.2 (no idea what that even means or does). got the tracking report today, estimated arrival time is tomorrow 10am-2pm

ive used the blackberry curve and absolutely hated it, but it was my 2nd crackberry and i didnt like either of them, just not my thing. not that it was a bad phone, just didnt work for me.

also had a touchscreen "instinct'' and loved the phone, but my job at the time i had it, caused me to break several of them. so i went back to my "rant" until now. figured id give the whole touchscreen a go again.

I think it most likely is then, even better! im really enjoying mine so far, an if yours is the next one or two up from mine, it can only be more fun surely? i like these touch screen phones, but i dont think i will ever have one of the apple jobbies, i cant see myself spending that sort of money on a phone.

Will have to try the little camera on it at some point, see what the video is like.

Ian
12-28-2010, 03:53 AM
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=kpaLmIIzJC8

That's outrageous and utterly disgusting! This guy should be caught and prosecuted immediately.These people make me sick, they really do.
Who the hell would think it safe to film whilst driving? :banghead:

:D

THE_JOKER
12-28-2010, 04:14 AM
I never had a camcorder when driving in the snow an ice at 40mph......had to let go of the wheel an take pictures.

Some people have luxuries.

Ian
12-28-2010, 06:25 AM
My new camera has a sucker, i can stick it anywhere inside or outside the Vehicle :p

Oggy
12-28-2010, 10:21 AM
hey Ian, i'm just waiting for country file to start, they have a segment on there about your island :wave: :wave:

The Stray Cat
12-28-2010, 12:24 PM
Fellas, What's happenin today or tonight?, depending on location!

Ian
12-28-2010, 12:59 PM
hey Ian, i'm just waiting for country file to start, they have a segment on there about your island :wave: :wave:

Be a short segment then, Bit of sand and a palm tree :crazy:
Did you see me on there? I'm the one with a neon ENGLISH sign above my head.

Fellas, What's happenin today or tonight?, depending on location!

Tonight? Hmm, been on the PS3, need to go out to the shed to get Joker some pictures of things, might just stay in there and knock a rig together. All the snows gone here so i missed out :(

Then again, i might leave that until tomorrow and go upstairs and watch cartoons with the kids, there new DVDs are awesome:crazy:

How about you Ed?

THE_JOKER
12-28-2010, 01:03 PM
Nina's in the shed?

:D lol, sorry mate, couldnt resist.

I watched "Expendables" last night, enjoyed it so much im watching it again in a sec :excited:

Whats these toons the kids are watching? i like me some toons too!

Oggy
12-28-2010, 01:09 PM
Be a short segment then, Bit of sand and a palm tree :crazy:
Did you see me on there? I'm the one with a neon ENGLISH sign above my head.

it turned out the whole hour long programme was from your area, it looks a great place to live :bacondance: :bacondance: :chug: :chug:

The Stray Cat
12-28-2010, 01:11 PM
I'm good, just waiting for work to end! I want to know the toons you're watching too!

Expendables, well the acting was fair, and the story a little thin, but the comedy and action were well worth a couple of watches for myself too! I wish they would've gone into more background on the group, and how they teamed up and that.

The Stray Cat
12-28-2010, 01:12 PM
I hope Ian doesn't wear his "skirt" while holding his Neon sign, could send some mixed messages.:p

THE_JOKER
12-28-2010, 01:18 PM
One thing that made me really happy in the film was Stallones pickup truck.....damn that was a nice bit of kit!!!! :drool:

The Stray Cat
12-28-2010, 01:22 PM
One thing that made me really happy in the film was Stallones pickup truck.....damn that was a nice bit of kit!!!! :drool:

That thing was dang cool, especially being bullet proof, too bad it got messed up. It would be a sweet truck to own. I also liked the big gun the black dude was carrying during their escape at the end.:shoot:

THE_JOKER
12-28-2010, 01:26 PM
lol, yeah, when Terry Crews walks past the tunnel firing it, he looked like the terminator :lol:

Gun is an AA12 i believe, scary stuff.

The Stray Cat
12-28-2010, 01:38 PM
Yea Terry Crews, that's his name. Yep that thing was some serious firepower! I love when Stallone has him throw the shell up and he shoots it to make it explode.

Oggy
12-28-2010, 01:39 PM
i stumbled across this on youtube, i'm gona have to watch all her videos, as i feel a sudden urge to learn japanese :banana: :banana: :banana: :banana:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=QIt_hedcBTc

her youtube channel

http://www.youtube.com/profile?user=MissHannahMinx#p/u/6/c7rB6sxrQc0

The Stray Cat
12-28-2010, 01:51 PM
You have my curiousity stirred Oggy, but I can't see the videos at work.

THE_JOKER
12-28-2010, 01:56 PM
I watched it.....but for some reason i never heard a word she said?

talon
12-28-2010, 01:57 PM
there's something i need to give a good oudousuru to after watchin her videos!!

sk8te-penguin
12-28-2010, 02:09 PM
:rolling:

Oggy
12-28-2010, 02:11 PM
You have my curiousity stirred Oggy, but I can't see the videos at work.

you'll enjoy it when you get home :Happybounce: :Happybounce: :Happybounce: :Happybounce:

The Stray Cat
12-28-2010, 02:15 PM
you'll enjoy it when you get home :Happybounce: :Happybounce: :Happybounce: :Happybounce:

Thanks, something to look forward to after the kids go to bed!!!!:chug::chug:

THE_JOKER
12-28-2010, 02:43 PM
there's something i need to give a good oudousuru to after watchin her videos!!

The training works!

talon
12-28-2010, 02:58 PM
Thanks, something to look forward to after the kids go to bed!!!!:chug::chug:

hey Ed, another JWOW (japanese word of the day) you will want to have handy is 洗浄布. (wash cloth).........

The Stray Cat
12-28-2010, 03:03 PM
hey Ed, another JWOW (japanese word of the day) you will want to have handy is 洗浄布. (wash cloth).........

Thanks ROb, But I'll just go to bed and have the missus fix it!:chug::lol:

THE_JOKER
12-29-2010, 02:48 AM
Just read through an Acer laptop manual.......giggled when i got to the end, it was signed by a person who was named:

Easy Lai.

LondonF350
12-29-2010, 05:05 AM
LOL @ Mobility man!!! :eek:

I saw a bit of your island on COuntryfile too Ian... looks like a good place for a scaling holiday!!! :nice:
Not sure about the funny dancing in the village hall, but appart from that it looked OK!!

Interesting youtube find there Oggster... I wonder what you were searching for when you stubled across that little gem!!! :lolbeat:

Oggy
12-29-2010, 05:20 AM
Interesting youtube find there Oggster... I wonder what you were searching for when you stubled across that little gem!!! :lolbeat:

i was looking for japanese drifting videos, but i found her more exciting :Happybounce: :Happybounce:

bajaboy5b
12-29-2010, 05:38 AM
i've been watching her vids for months yeah yeah i know :Happybounce: but i am really trying to learn jap but the :Happybounce: is a great plus :D

The Stray Cat
12-29-2010, 07:53 AM
Thanks Oggy, that vid made for some nice dreams last night!:excited:

Anyway last day of work for the week for me! WOOT WOOT!! Next week starts the long span of no holidays until Good Friday, so we have a nearly 4 month stretch without an extra free day off of work. I still have a couple days of vacation and a couple S+P days but damn that's a long time!

THE_JOKER
12-29-2010, 08:04 AM
Damn Rock....make the most of those days ahead then! :lol:

Ere......i think i found the cartoon version of Skate?

http://www.spfw.net/gallery/main.php?g2_view=core.DownloadItem&g2_itemId=534&g2_GALLERYSID=TMP_SESSION_ID_DI_NOISSES_PMT

The Stray Cat
12-29-2010, 08:12 AM
Damn Rock....make the most of those days ahead then! :lol:

Ere......i think i found the cartoon version of Skate?

http://www.spfw.net/gallery/main.php?g2_view=core.DownloadItem&g2_itemId=534&g2_GALLERYSID=TMP_SESSION_ID_DI_NOISSES_PMT

Violet, she does look like sk8te!

I guess I shouldn't complain Joker, I'm glad I have a job today!:beer&buddy:

THE_JOKER
12-29-2010, 08:25 AM
True words friend!

sk8te-penguin
12-29-2010, 08:33 AM
:rolling:

The Stray Cat
12-29-2010, 08:38 AM
Quick! Someone photoshop sk8te's pic next to violet's face!

THE_JOKER
12-29-2010, 09:05 AM
Thats beyond my computer skill lol, someone will step up though.

The Stray Cat
12-29-2010, 09:07 AM
C'mon Joker yu did a great job turning Oggy into Mr.T then again into Robin Hood!:chug:

THE_JOKER
12-29-2010, 09:08 AM
That was using photobucket's "Paint" feature lol, i dunno how to do anything else :lol:

The Stray Cat
12-29-2010, 09:34 AM
That was using photobucket's "Paint" feature lol, i dunno how to do anything else :lol:

Well you are a master of that paint feature anyway!:rolling:

THE_JOKER
12-29-2010, 09:37 AM
Fo sho!, i make the 3yr olds look bad! lol

oldskoolmini
12-29-2010, 09:47 PM
hey fellas!!!! good news and bad news.
Good news: i have a date with a girl i went to school with. she is gorgeous! much better than the last. i think i did good this time:banana::banana::banana:
bad news: got a call from my urologist. he says my kidneys are full of stones and i need to have a ct scan done. and more than likely will have to go to the hospital to have them blasted out. had it done once before. it sucked. it hurt bad and i had red pee all week. not to mention the puking after the procedure. but the drugs helped a ton.

here are some pics of said girl. and she legal too unlike the last one:crazy:
http://i243.photobucket.com/albums/ff80/oldskoolmini/fgfgnmgfnf.jpg
http://i243.photobucket.com/albums/ff80/oldskoolmini/untitled.jpg

Ragnarok
12-29-2010, 09:54 PM
Hey, new GF and drugs! Sounds like a plan. :nice:

Watched Inception again. I think I have a better appreciation for Cobb's and Saito's relationship and why Cobb went back for him. I also paid a lot more attention to the dialogue. There's a great deal of poetic repetition of certain phrases and concepts. Cobb's inability to let go of his wife subconsciously is something I can identify with completely with, inasmuch as how guilt and pain of such magnitude can ruin someone's life. (In my case the circumstances were slightly different - was a girl I was deeply in love with, and it was a marriage to someone else and not suicide like the film. I dreamt about her for over ten years.) The final scene also made a lot more sense, even if its true meaning is entirely up to the viewer.

And Ellen Page is cute. :mad: That is all.

Lee
12-30-2010, 07:09 AM
want some advice. my input jack on my headphones has broke, and i dont get sound through the left earplug unless the jack is in a particular spot.
ive got two options here-
-buy the component myself, void the warranty and have it done in an afternoon

-send it to apple and wait 10 days+ to come back.

i dont want to wait 10days but im not crazy on voiding the warranty.
ideas?

sk8te-penguin
12-30-2010, 07:18 AM
Hit it with a hammer :nice:

Ragnarok
12-30-2010, 08:03 AM
Smashie-smashie! :lol:

Lee, the way you've worded your question is a little ambiguous. Is it the input (female) on your iPad/iPod (you didn't identify it, but you said Apple so I'm making an assumption) or the plug (male) on your headphones themselves? If it's on the iPad/iPod then I'd say don't touch it and let the warrantee guys handle it. It's probably an SMT component and getting into any Apple i-product is an absolute hemorrhoid. If it's your headphones that are bad, that can be a real easy fix unless it's one of those super, super thin phone cords. Soldering three-strand wire is a pain.

In other news, I think I'm about to abandon the whole custom controller thing. I should just get one of these and be done with it.

It's only a 76-key. I'd greatly prefer the 88-key version but this is the only way I can get a semi-weighted action in anything larger than 61-key range. (At the moment my hands are in okay shape, but they never stay that way. Fighting a weighted 88-key action, even if it's as fast as the PC3x's is, is not going to be a good experience.) Right now they're only $1,700. Normally they're $2,300, and Kurzweil's US guys have said it will return to that price once they've thinned their overstock. With my luck the price will return to this before I have the money in-hand. The compactification/more-portability-ism of my music workstation computer will proceed as planned, though.

Lee
12-30-2010, 08:11 AM
its on the ipod, or in the ipod itself. ive read a few people say its an easy fix. ill ring apple, it could be they replace it with another repaired one.

Ian
12-30-2010, 08:18 AM
hey fellas!!!! good news and bad news.
Good news: i have a date with a girl i went to school with. she is gorgeous! much better than the last. i think i did good this time:banana::banana::banana:
bad news: got a call from my urologist. he says my kidneys are full of stones and i need to have a ct scan done. and more than likely will have to go to the hospital to have them blasted out. had it done once before. it sucked. it hurt bad and i had red pee all week. not to mention the puking after the procedure. but the drugs helped a ton.

here are some pics of said girl. and she legal too unlike the last one:crazy:
http://i243.photobucket.com/albums/ff80/oldskoolmini/fgfgnmgfnf.jpg
http://i243.photobucket.com/albums/ff80/oldskoolmini/untitled.jpg

You dumped your last Girl Friend? Why? Because she wasn't pretty enough? Hmm... The new one is pretty, but sometimes beauty isn't everything you young stud you!

Sucks about the Kidney stones, maybe that's payback for dumping the other bird?:lol:

Hey, new GF and drugs! Sounds like a plan. :nice:

Watched Inception again. I think I have a better appreciation for Cobb's and Saito's relationship and why Cobb went back for him. I also paid a lot more attention to the dialogue. There's a great deal of poetic repetition of certain phrases and concepts. Cobb's inability to let go of his wife subconsciously is something I can identify with completely with, inasmuch as how guilt and pain of such magnitude can ruin someone's life. (In my case the circumstances were slightly different - was a girl I was deeply in love with, and it was a marriage to someone else and not suicide like the film. I dreamt about her for over ten years.) The final scene also made a lot more sense, even if its true meaning is entirely up to the viewer.

And Ellen Page is cute. :mad: That is all.

I really loved that film, it wasn't exactly what i was expecting, but, after i got into it i really enjoyed it. It also hit a nerve with me too, on a similar level as you Rag, and 10 years on i still can't stop thinking about her... Love has the ability to make life wonderful, it also has the ability to ruin it.

"Damn those split arses" <_< ( quote from an old guy i used to work with )

Hit it with a hammer :nice:

No fare, you stole my answer :rant:

sk8te-penguin
12-30-2010, 08:22 AM
^_^

Lee
12-30-2010, 10:25 AM
watching inception. seems like a film about a bunch of robbers who nod off alot and take lsd?

Ragnarok
12-30-2010, 10:57 AM
Nope. :p It's about regret, forgiveness and redemption. It's probably my favorite film made since the LotR trilogy.

Lee
12-30-2010, 11:08 AM
right. i havent been paying enough attention then.
:banana:

Ragnarok
12-30-2010, 11:47 AM
:cop: See that you do! :lol:

oldskoolmini
12-30-2010, 01:20 PM
@ Ian- i dumped the last girlfreind due to family issues. my entire family hated the fact that she was 16 and i'm 21. plus i hardly ever saw her and it just didnt work out. then i met this girl who is 20. me and her had the same doctor save our lives. she was in an atv wreck. i was in a dumptruck wreck. also when she was 10 she had cancer and is now 9 years cancer free. we started talking about medical problems and i was giving her advice about it. we also discussed how the both of us are left alive for some special purpose. and the more we talked the better the freindship became. then a few days ago i asked her out on a date and she said yes. :banana:

Oggy
12-30-2010, 01:23 PM
ebay awsomness of the day :lolbeat: :lolbeat: :banana: :banana:

http://cgi.ebay.co.uk/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&item=280608788910&afsrc=1

Ragnarok
12-30-2010, 02:02 PM
ebay awsomness of the day :lolbeat: :lolbeat: :banana: :banana:

http://cgi.ebay.co.uk/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&item=280608788910&afsrc=1
<printed to .PDF for prosperity> :rolling:

Ragnarok
12-30-2010, 02:22 PM
<printed to .PDF for prosperity> :rolling:

<then realizes that wrong word was used…should be "posterity"> :nono:

Oggy
12-31-2010, 12:23 PM
hey guys, i need some motivation, i tore down my tundra about 6 weeks ago, but i can't seem to motivate myself to strip the paint and start the rebuild.

anyone some some wise words of motivation?

Ian
12-31-2010, 12:33 PM
Sell it while it's stripped :lolbeat:

Oggy
12-31-2010, 12:55 PM
Sell it while it's stripped :lolbeat:

that really doesn't help :lolbeat::lolbeat:

LondonF350
12-31-2010, 12:56 PM
Send it to me!! :chug:

Oggy
12-31-2010, 01:24 PM
Send it to me!! :chug:

send me £300 first :burnout:

Ragnarok
12-31-2010, 02:30 PM
hey guys, i need some motivation, i tore down my tundra about 6 weeks ago, but i can't seem to motivate myself to strip the paint and start the rebuild.

anyone some some wise words of motivation?

Inspiration and motivation are weird, unpredictable beasties. Sometimes they jump on your head at two in the morning to go do something when you know you should be sleeping, other times they abandon you without warning when you need their help the most. I say don't let it bug you. Maybe pick up a part and try a little bit of stripping to see what you're up against. If that doesn't pique your interest to keep going, go do something else for a while.

Meanwhile, I'm greatly motivated to go take THE HELL out of a nap. It decided to warm up from 12°F to a little over 30°F today and rain, so we've got skating rinks for streets again = me not going back to work until Monday. Gonna try to rest up to recuperate from all of the damage I accrued from an install I helped with Wednesday, clean up my room a bit, maybe play a little bit of NIER, and…I guess that's it. :p

Oggy
12-31-2010, 02:45 PM
ARRRRRRRRRRRRRGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHH H

the xbox 360 my wife got me for xmas has been hit by the R.R.O.D. already :banghead: :banghead: :banghead: :banghead:

Ragnarok
12-31-2010, 03:14 PM
EX BOX THRAY-SIXXXTAAAAAYYYYYYYY!!!!

Any idea what might've caused it? :huh:

oldskoolmini
12-31-2010, 03:57 PM
send it back to microsoft oggy! they will fix/replace it for free if its still under warranty.

twisted77
12-31-2010, 06:45 PM
I am back!

How is everyone, did ya miss me?

Been sick for a few days with some sorta stomach flu crap.

Ian
12-31-2010, 07:56 PM
I am back!

How is everyone, did ya miss me?

Been sick for a few days with some sorta stomach flu crap.

Hotrodapitofstomach disease?

bajaboy5b
12-31-2010, 09:51 PM
oh thats y PS3s are better the only problem is that the V1 has a disk drive problem and the disk get stuck so now have 2 PS3s :P V1 and V2 :firedevil:

twisted77
12-31-2010, 10:01 PM
Hotrodapitofstomach disease?

Yea I think thats its. I was pukeing lies all week. :puke:

oldskoolmini
12-31-2010, 11:21 PM
happy new year guys!!!! i properly went into the new year with a bang! I have a vid on my facebook page of me do something crazy with fireworks.
http://www.facebook.com/video/video.php?v=1519673988101#!/the.indestructable.cripple
:lolbeat::nuke: :banana::banana:

Oggy
12-31-2010, 11:30 PM
send it back to microsoft oggy! they will fix/replace it for free if its still under warranty.

i'm going back to the shop i bought it from, it's only 3 week old

i have no idea what caused it

THE_JOKER
01-01-2011, 02:31 AM
Just a heads up Ogg but when i had an xbox for first time, if you dont push the AV lead in the back all the way it gives you i think 2 or 3 red lights aswell......did it do this when you set it up for first time? or have you managed to play it a bit then it went?

Oggy
01-01-2011, 02:59 AM
Just a heads up Ogg but when i had an xbox for first time, if you dont push the AV lead in the back all the way it gives you i think 2 or 3 red lights aswell......did it do this when you set it up for first time? or have you managed to play it a bit then it went?

yeah i read about that, i did the fault code thing, and it gave me fault code 1022, that is an internal drive error

THE_JOKER
01-01-2011, 03:02 AM
Ah right, well that sucks matey, give it back an ask for a PS3 instead lol.

They should swap it in store as its still new, although you may get "one of them" who says to fill out the forms an send it off to microsoft *sigh*

Ian
01-01-2011, 03:34 AM
Ah right, well that sucks matey, give it back an ask for a PS3 instead lol.

They should swap it in store as its still new, although you may get "one of them" who says to fill out the forms an send it off to microsoft *sigh*

Oh no no no!! If they do ask you to do that Oggster, refuse point blank!
You bought it from THAT store, so any problems you have you take it back to that store. They should replace it then claim back from Microsoft. If they start and give you a load of bull sh1t about sending it to Microsoft, just tell them that if you don't have a new one in your hands in ex-number of minutes, your going to contact 'Trading Standards'. The shop has the responsibility of replacing since you bought it from them and not Microsoft.

Spoon37
01-01-2011, 05:17 AM
nah you just calmly say "can I speak to the manager?" at which point they either back down, or you get to speak to the manager who you quietly remind has to obey trading standards and the responsibility is with the shop not the manufacturer, usually this means mr manager sorts things out or tells the retard who wanted you to fill out the forms to get this customer a new Xbox360 and dont hang about..

still maybe some of the employee's cant read or write these days? cant blame em for trying to get out of it... :lolbeat:

Oggy
01-01-2011, 08:00 AM
well i just got back from game station, they tried the "we will send it back to microsoft" line:firedevil::smackbutt:

i reminded them that the contract was between me and game station, not me and microsoft

they gave in really easily after that:chug:

however, they had no more xbox,s in stock:blink::blink:, so they gave me a refund

so when al the shops reopen on tuesday i'm going to see whats the best offer i can get in the sales :excited: :excited:

THE_JOKER
01-01-2011, 08:04 AM
Go for PS3!

Mwahahahahaaaa, nice middle finger there to the xbox users....

Ragnarok
01-01-2011, 10:19 AM
You mean this?

To be sure, the PS3 isn't without its faults. I have a rev 3, which is the first revision sans PS2 BC, and I've had only very, very rare issues. I had an error of some kind early last week that required a hard switch-off from the back. I've never had the so-called "Yellow Light of Death." I think Outcast has, though, and I believe he had a solution for it.

I've been very lucky with all of my PlayStations. My PlayStation 1 lasted several years before replacing it with a PSone. My PlayStation 2 still runs perfectly - it was a launch unit from October 26, 2000. :blink:

The thing is though, if playing XB360 exclusive titles like the Halo franchise or Gears of War is important, you better just get another XB360. The only arguments I would have in getting a PS3 would be its Blu-Ray player functions (which are still better than 99% of the dedicated BR players out there) and if you're a GT fan. As far as which games that are available on both machines look better, it depends on the title. Some look better on the XB, others look better on the PS3 (ie. Final Fantasy XIII - full 1080p on PS3 with one BD-Rom, XB360 is half that [560p] on three DVD-Roms).

talon
01-01-2011, 10:31 AM
my PS2 is still working top notch from the day it hit the stores. i was one of those idiots that waited in line in the middle of the nite to get one....never a problem with it.

so far my xbox 360 has worked for the most part, but it has, for some reason, and without warning eaten a few disks whilst in the middle of game play. literally has spun a groove nearly completely thru them. but of course, its out of warranty, and its not a common issue, so i deal with it.

Oggy
01-01-2011, 10:40 AM
i will be getting another 360, where we live, there is a better choice of used games for the 360 than the ps3, and i buy most of my games second hand

Ragnarok
01-01-2011, 10:59 AM
I can definitely understand then. :nice: If I could swing it I'd like to own one, too, because there are several games on the XB360 that I can't get on the PS3.

The only thing I hate about my PS3 is its lack of PS2 BC. The launch-day vintage PS2* that miraculously still works I mentioned is no longer in my possession (my little bro owns it now) so I had to get a PS2 "thin mint" to play my PS2 games. <_< I'm still tempted to get me a well-cared-for or refurbished launch PS3 on eBay.

* (BTW, Talon, I was working at Toys R Us on launch day, so I didn't have to wait in any lines to get mine. :p I closed that day, so I just had mine in the back waiting for me. Nyah-nyah! :lol:)

talon
01-01-2011, 11:05 AM
* (BTW, Talon, I was working at Toys R Us on launch day, so I didn't have to wait in any lines to get mine. :p I closed that day, so I just had mine in the back waiting for me. Nyah-nyah! :lol:)

lol. well, uhm, while you're waiting your whole life to die, and someone has to pick out your casket, i dont have to wait in line, ive got four of my own in the garage to choose from already. :crazy: hmmmph.

bajaboy5b
01-01-2011, 11:08 AM
anyone here think that this site should have a chat box or would it just be a whole flame war? :firedevil:

twisted77
01-01-2011, 11:23 AM
Uh if you havent noticed this thread is our chat box:huh:

Lee
01-01-2011, 11:25 AM
i think reputation points would be more useful. i.e, one member gets points for making useful posts whilst said member could have points docked or go into negative rep. for shifty posts, like rule breaking etc.

bajaboy5b
01-01-2011, 11:27 AM
yeah i know but my last post here 01-02-2011 05:08 AM then yours 01-02-2011 05:25 AM it's not live like a real chat box

Lee
01-01-2011, 11:29 AM
there used to be one i think? dont know why it was removed, probably didnt get used much.

Ragnarok
01-01-2011, 12:43 PM
lol. well, uhm, while you're waiting your whole life to die, and someone has to pick out your casket, i dont have to wait in line, ive got four of my own in the garage to choose from already. :crazy: hmmmph.

I have an urn I'm building for myself, actually. Figured Bubunga and Morado. You're still a few jumps ahead of me though 'cause mine ain't done yet. :chug:

PS2 launch day where I was seemed pretty hairy. Not super chaotic, but there was an frantic urgency about everyone that came into the store. Totally different from the Dreamcast launch the year before. We had a stack of DCs in a cage in the middle of the "R-Zone" area. I think part of it was to get people to yearn for what had the appearance of the unattainable. Kinda like putting expensive baseball cards behind a locked glass door. They sat there forever. We sold a few, but there were people that had pre-ordered theirs and never picked them up. :thinking: Too bad because the DC was a good machine. Its launch title lineup kinda sucked, but nothing compared to the PS2's launch lineup. Gyahh! It was a terrible lineup.

The PS2 console itself on the other hand, we oversold by a few, which sucked. Part of that is we sold some of ours to a local video game shop that didn't order enough (or couldn't acquire enough) and that shorted us. I think it was a bad move on the managers' part. They got the okay from the district offices, though. It was still a stupid move.

anyone here think that this site should have a chat box or would it just be a whole flame war? :firedevil:

there used to be one i think? dont know why it was removed, probably didnt get used much.

Yup. We used to have a chat room, but no one really used it. My memory may be off, but it seems like when we did the big move to vBulletin we dropped it then. Real-time discussion has its merits, but frankly I prefer this because the record of the discussion isn't ephemeral. :nice:

Ian
01-01-2011, 02:55 PM
The chat thread was deleted when the site was down in 2008 right? I went in there a few time but it was always empty.

Ragnarok
01-01-2011, 03:23 PM
I think the only time I was in there when someone else was too would have been when Stu was discussing putting garbage disposal mechanisms in toilets to avoid pluggage. It's a damn shame no one is implementing it. :mad:

twisted77
01-01-2011, 03:24 PM
Well I tend to like this thread, not everyone uses it.

Lee
01-01-2011, 03:35 PM
what was the grinches realm?
why was it deleted?
who was grinch?
where is my banana?

Ragnarok
01-01-2011, 05:26 PM
what was the grinches realm?
It was an R-Rated sub-forum of The Pigpen. No nudity, but lots of dirty humor.

why was it deleted?
More than anything it was redundant. It was also kind of incompatible with the more "family friendly" angle of the the rest of the forum.

who was grinch?
Grinch was one of The Old Ones. We haven't heard from him in a very long time. :(

where is my banana?
I took it when you weren't looking. :wave: To retrieve it you will have to decipher a series of clues, one more fiendish than the last. Before you have your banana back you will descend into an inescapable målstrom of terror and madness, never knowing what is real and what is not.

Ehhhh…never mind, here you go… :banana:

Lee
01-01-2011, 06:17 PM

Spoon37
01-02-2011, 04:14 AM
The grinch forum still exists but as no one had posted in it for months and months we moved the whole forum to be inside the mod forum.

The man was one of the old crazies off RCMT along with me Keith, Jugg2driver, Rikpal etc...he was given mod powers early on, yet somehow the board survived...:crazy:

as for your banana...

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=LrStENrKZa8

^_^

Oggy
01-02-2011, 07:48 AM
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=9cJ9JYcRlMk&feature=related

Spoon37
01-03-2011, 05:00 AM
ein viskabiskit? :lol:

THE_JOKER
01-03-2011, 05:33 AM
Oggy, what was the name of that model shop you mentioned a while ago? they sold the parma bodies etc? i think you said it was near to you?

Oggy
01-03-2011, 05:51 AM
gee dee models

http://www.geedee-modelshop.com/

THE_JOKER
01-03-2011, 05:54 AM
Laaavley, ta very much!

EDIT: Hmm? what happened to the bodies? all i see now is Drift body accessories? has he stopped doing the parma stuff? i fancied another look at the little parma V8 he did.

Oggy
01-03-2011, 06:11 AM
they always have a lot more stuff in the store than on the site, it might be worth calling them.

i havn't been there for around 6 months, so can't tell you what they have on the shelf

THE_JOKER
01-03-2011, 06:13 AM
Will give them a call tommorow, i remember last time i went on the site when you showed me though, they had a nice selection on there inc the V8.....just wondered why they took it off is all.

Anyways, will find out tommorow, thanks again mate!

Ragnarok
01-03-2011, 06:26 AM
HOLY CRAP! Pete Postlethwaite passed away. :(
http://www.foxnews.com/entertainment/2011/01/03/oscar-nominated-star-pete-postlethwaite-dead/?test=faces

Lee
01-03-2011, 06:42 AM
just heard that on local news here :(

Ragnarok
01-03-2011, 08:19 AM
(Changing the subject again.) Couldn't sleep last night due to a pain in the left side of my neck that has been becoming worse and worse over the last several months (I have a horrible suspicion of what it might be), so I did a little research on DIY CNC router machines. I've got two options: the JGRO rig or the semi-DIY Fireball V90. I like the Fireball because its parts are pretty much all thrown into the box and are ready to be built. All I need to get is an appropriate router and a computer. The thing I don't like is the table size - way too small for some things. The JGRO is simply a set of plans to follow, and it can be modified to whatever size I need (within reason). If money was no object, I'd just jump on a K2CNC rig and be done, but that's more money than I could ever justify.

I'm looking into CNC tools because it might be something that I can feed myself with in a smaller space, such as a garage or large shed, as well as give me a tool for incredibly precise and repeatable production. I could apply it to about anything - woodworking, guitar building, sign making, prototyping and other mad science. But never RC car parts - no, never. :lol:

The Stray Cat
01-03-2011, 08:48 AM
Damn I just watched Postlewaite in "The Town" over the weekend, he was an excellent actor. Speaking of the movie. "The Town", as much as I am not a fan of Ben Affleck, this was one of the best movies I have seen in a long time. I would recommend anyone seeing it, it was that good.

Ragnarok
01-03-2011, 09:26 AM
What I find ironic and sad is the last time I saw him was in Inception, and he was dying/dead in that. :(

Back to the CNC thing, I forgot the Solsylva CNC unit, too. It's not a free plans rig like the JGRO, but the plans aren't expensive.

The Stray Cat
01-03-2011, 10:41 AM
New Subject...In case in my absence I have missed this.... Oggy how is the Missus after her surgery?

Oggy
01-03-2011, 11:16 AM
New Subject...In case in my absence I have missed this.... Oggy how is the Missus after her surgery?

she's doing very well, she is recovering very quickly. she's not in much pain

but on thursday she gets to have 40 staples removed :puke: :puke:, i will freely admit i will not be holding her hand.

i can kill and prepare animals no problem, but human blood makes me go week at the knees:blush::blush::blush::blush:

The Stray Cat
01-03-2011, 11:27 AM
Staples hurt getting taken out! I had 20+ from a double hernia op and the staples sucked getting pulled out.

THE_JOKER
01-03-2011, 11:36 AM
/\/\/\/\/\/\ Dont let her read that lol

The Stray Cat
01-03-2011, 11:42 AM
Good Point Joker!!

Oggy
01-03-2011, 11:44 AM
too late, i already read it to her, she wasn't happy :lolbeat:

sk8te-penguin
01-03-2011, 11:46 AM
http://i168.photobucket.com/albums/u166/sk8te-penguin/BecauseIcan.jpg

The Stray Cat
01-03-2011, 12:04 PM
/\/\/\/\/\/\/\ Wtf??????????????????????????

Lee
01-03-2011, 12:13 PM
lolwut?

Oggy
01-03-2011, 12:23 PM
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_UQ2vqFJvpA&feature=related

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=k4oCrCwEIEA

The Stray Cat
01-03-2011, 12:30 PM
too late, i already read it to her, she wasn't happy :lolbeat:

:nice: :blink: :lol:
Well tell her good luck and maybe the staples won't hurt so bad in a leg as opposed to the groin area. ^_^

Oggy
01-03-2011, 12:45 PM
:lolbeat: :lolbeat: :lolbeat: :lolbeat:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=30InBgGhiSo&feature=player_embedded

LondonF350
01-03-2011, 04:10 PM
:rofl:

sk8te-penguin
01-03-2011, 05:18 PM
Hahahaha :rolling:

Ragnarok
01-03-2011, 05:33 PM

Ragnarok
01-03-2011, 11:06 PM
I watched that "World's Fastest Everything" vid - the music is a wild metal medley of battle themes from the Final Fantasy series. :lol:

FunkyHunk
01-04-2011, 01:44 AM
Something for our forum maybe?
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=jN4RaPfgP1U

Oh, and rag, If you were wondering about that's so cool about little big planet? check this out:
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=5Vu0S4kevUc

THE_JOKER
01-04-2011, 02:51 AM
:lol: Leo beat me to it.......mind you i wouldnt have been able to do that anyways.

The Stray Cat
01-04-2011, 05:54 AM
Leo that was definitely awesome, I've ben waiting for someone to photoshop that.

THE_JOKER
01-04-2011, 05:57 AM
You got any red T-shirts skate? an a bit of black cloth to make the mask? lol.

Oggy
01-04-2011, 09:55 AM
how to ruin a pajero

http://www.barryboys.co.uk/phpBB2/viewtopic.php?t=34184

oldskoolmini
01-04-2011, 10:36 AM
that pajero makes me :puke: some people shouldnt be allowed to modify cars.<_<

2k2cse
01-04-2011, 11:04 AM
http://www.autoblog.com/2011/01/04/video-il-pits-2011-buick-regal-turbo-against-1987-gran/#continued

Ian
01-04-2011, 11:07 AM
how to ruin a pajero

http://www.barryboys.co.uk/phpBB2/viewtopic.php?t=34184

Looks like a cross between a Range Rover and a bowler. It would be better if the rear door web thing held the spare wheel, but i actually quite like it :blink:

Lee
01-04-2011, 11:19 AM
finaly got round to ordering myself a 1/16 slash! got a brushed rtr for £127 before the VAT rise, well pleased with myself.

oldskoolmini
01-04-2011, 12:42 PM
:banghead::banghead::banghead::banghead: i have had a nitemare of a day. emailed the ex girlfriend couple days ago explaining i have found someone else and I won't be back. got her reply today. it seems as if she wants to kill herself now. i believe that she will try. the poor girl is a bloody looney when it comes to emotions and heart ache. this whole ordeal has me on edge. what if she does kill herself? how will i live with the fact i would be responsible for someone's death? not to mention the akwardness of attending a funeral that i caused. argh what do I do???

The Stray Cat
01-04-2011, 01:29 PM
:banghead::banghead::banghead::banghead: i have had a nitemare of a day. emailed the ex girlfriend couple days ago explaining i have found someone else and I won't be back. got her reply today. it seems as if she wants to kill herself now. i believe that she will try. the poor girl is a bloody looney when it comes to emotions and heart ache. this whole ordeal has me on edge. what if she does kill herself? how will i live with the fact i would be responsible for someone's death? not to mention the akwardness of attending a funeral that i caused. argh what do I do???

Ignor her, people who are really going to commit suicide don't talk about it, they just do it. Secondly it's all a ploy to make you feel guilty. Third I would tell her to stop being a selfish beyatch because putting that guilt on you would be nothing but extremely selfish. Just my 2 cents, and I am someone who has been in an emotional state of trauma before so I kno what it feels like and how you act when you truly want to hurt yourself and not just get attention.

oldskoolmini
01-04-2011, 01:58 PM
thanks rock! deep down i think she is jealous and angry i found someone else.

The Stray Cat
01-04-2011, 02:08 PM
No problem bud, just telling ya like it is. She is most definitely jealous and is just trying to induce guilt on you. And say she did actually do it, as hard as it may be to accept, it was no fault of yours.

Ragnarok
01-04-2011, 03:09 PM
+100. Instilling guilt is a form of control. Control is something that doesn't work in a functional, healthy relationship, particularly when it's weaponized like that. It's way of getting attention and relieving herself of responsibility - two HUGE red flags that the relationship was a bad deal and that you got out at a good time.

I'd also chalk it up to immature emotionalism - the elixir that has fueled teenage angst and misery for millennia. Let her grow up and find someone that's a better fit for herself, ie. someone that is willing to put up with her hairy bull****.

If you do talk to her, I'd do it in a rational and cool tone. (Cool as in free of sentiment, not cool like the Fonz.) Just tell her that things have changed in your life and, as difficult as it may seem for her now, she's better off because now she can find someone that's a better match for her. Emphasize that this is really a great situation for her. I wouldn't even address her threats to kill herself or call her names. Both are things that ultimately give power and momentum to her anger and frustration, and someone behaving the way she is doesn't need more of that.

The Stray Cat
01-04-2011, 03:12 PM
+100. Instilling guilt is a form of control. Control is something that doesn't work in a functional, healthy relationship, particularly when it's weaponized like that. It's way of getting attention and relieving herself of responsibility - two HUGE red flags that the relationship was a bad deal and that you got out at a good time.

I'd also chalk it up to immature emotionalism - the elixir that has fueled teenage angst and misery for millennia. Let her grow up and find someone that's a better fit for herself, ie. someone that is willing to put up with her hairy bull****.

Nicely put Rag!:beer&buddy:

Ragnarok
01-04-2011, 03:21 PM
Thanks. Being an almost-35 year-old bachelor who has never had a girlfriend gives me a lot of time to think this crap up. :nice:

:(

:cryin:

:lolbeat:

LondonF350
01-04-2011, 03:24 PM
+101 You are not responsible for what another person does.
But, if she is a bit of a nutter, your best bet might be just to have nothing more to do with her.
Any contact at all could be misconstrued. She could get the wrong end of the stick, and start imagine stuff that isn't real (sounds like the kind of girl that could go that way).
I'd cut it off 100%. Be polite, be courteous, but but I don't see what you get out of any further contact, and in the long run she'd be better off too.

oldskoolmini
01-04-2011, 08:04 PM
thanks fellas!!! i feel better about the situation now. you guys are good freinds

Ragnarok
01-05-2011, 01:23 AM
Godzilla 2012 has a director - Gareth Edwards. I dunno who he is either, but he directed a film called Monsters, the trailer of which I have seen. He's comes across to me as a possible lower-budget Neill Bloomkamp. Could be interesting.

FunkyHunk
01-05-2011, 01:42 AM
Oldskool: We're like one big happy dysfunctional family around here :nice:
Support is free and easy to give, doesn't cost anything, and it's nice to let somebody else know that they're not alone :)

THE_JOKER
01-05-2011, 02:17 AM
I like the sound of a "nutter" girl?.........

An greaaaaat.....another Godzilla film, although i did enjoy the last one!

Spoon37
01-05-2011, 02:31 AM
I like the sound of a "nutter" girl?.........

Yes but you're weird... :lol:

The Stray Cat
01-05-2011, 07:30 AM
Yes but you're weird... :lol:

Is a nutter girl.....how did Noob put it?

:Happybounce: + :banana:

pardonmyn00b
01-05-2011, 07:54 AM
Is a nutter girl.....how did Noob put it?

:Happybounce: + :banana:

:Happybounce: + :banana: = :wub:

I mean...uh...

:Happybounce: + :banana: = :nono:

The Stray Cat
01-05-2011, 08:01 AM

I mean...uh...

and....

:waterboy: + :banana: = :puke:

and....

:bacondance: + :chug: + :Happybounce: = :excited:

FunkyHunk
01-05-2011, 08:04 AM

I mean...uh...

Don't try to explain your way out of this one, you're
http://liakollen.net/aspBuss/img/bus-picture.jpg + http://cache.gawker.com/assets/images/gawker/2009/05/ted_nugent.jpg

Get it? :p

Oggy
01-05-2011, 10:30 AM
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=umVNbTeV6hA

Oggy
01-05-2011, 12:49 PM
i'm not gona tell you what this link is, i'm just gona leave it here

http://legault.perso.sfr.fr/eclipse110104_solar_transit.html

The Stray Cat
01-05-2011, 12:54 PM
I'm not exactly sure what all I'm looking at, but that picture is sweet!

talon
01-05-2011, 12:54 PM
looks like a tie-fighter from star wars flying around.

The Stray Cat
01-05-2011, 12:59 PM
looks like a tie-fighter from star wars flying around.

Kind of what I was thinking!:lol:

Oggy
01-05-2011, 01:03 PM
it's the sun been eclipsed by the moon and the international space station

THE_JOKER
01-05-2011, 01:33 PM
Yup, Space station top left........an E.T bottom right.

Oggy
01-05-2011, 01:40 PM
an E.T bottom right.

yeah, i was wondering what that was:blink:

THE_JOKER
01-05-2011, 01:44 PM
Probably something on the lense....last nights gravy maybe? lol, i dunno, theres also something faint in the middle.

Ragnarok
01-05-2011, 03:07 PM
70639 :thinking:

Bullitt
01-05-2011, 04:03 PM
Hey all! I went to NM, bought the missus the computer and she loved it.
I have been super busy at work and this has been the first chance I had to post up and say hello. Status report on the RCs- Datsun; waiting on x pattern mini tires get restocked and then I will order an additional pair along with Mini Cooper wheels.
Bruiser- Decided to to more restoration rather than resto-mod and this one will just continue as parts come up.
Hilux- I really did not like seeing two Toyotas up on the shelf and I decided to use both cabs on the Bruiser leaving a bare Hilux frame. I was this close to ordering a Wrangler body and stretching it to make a Scrambler, but I chickened out. Instead, I ordered a Unimog body kit, RC4wd mud pluggers, 3 racing winch, RC4WD small hook and some Hummer wheels. The cab will be stock, but I think I will come up with some sort of styrene bed instead of the using the lexan bed. It will probably look like something that a wealthy guy from Texas would drive around to the beach, his ranch, and to the grocery store.

I will try to post up some pics from the vacation later tonight.

Harry

Oggy
01-06-2011, 02:13 AM
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=mH3rQEzTPlA

THE_JOKER
01-06-2011, 03:00 AM
Rag, that smiley looks like the hindu version...(or whichever has the red dot on the forehead)

Oggy, what do you look for to find these vids? lol, i thought it was maybe a gas line or something an he was gonna go out in a fire spectacle, but no!.....it was the ol, kangaroo jack jobby.

FunkyHunk
01-06-2011, 08:13 AM
Why do they call it a “building”? It looks like they’re finished. Why isn’t it called a “built”?

The Stray Cat
01-06-2011, 08:22 AM
Why do they call it a “building”? It looks like they’re finished. Why isn’t it called a “built”?

For the same reason we drive on the parkway and park on the driveway, and pay to drive on the freeway!

THE_JOKER
01-06-2011, 09:02 AM
Explains the driving styles on the "Highway".....always thought it was the marijuana.

oldskoolmini
01-06-2011, 09:25 AM
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_6A2rYSdluw

Oggy
01-06-2011, 01:22 PM
check out the pictures and then the graph half way down the 1st page of this link, the car is running 2000 HP at the flywheel :wacko: :wacko: :Happybounce: :Happybounce:

http://forums.bimmerforums.com/forum/showthread.php?t=1575817

Ragnarok
01-06-2011, 05:31 PM
So…who's going to be getting the "Extra Super Almost Unnecessary Buy This Until We Get the 3D Conversion Done" Edition of the complete Star Wars "Saga" on Blu-Ray? I probably will. What's another $150 out of my pocket to that bearded fop whose accidental epic was far greater than his ability to tell it? It'll be out this September. Nine discs, six of which are for the feature films. I assume the remaining three are crammed with bonus material.

Truth be known, I'm more anxious to get the Lord of the Rings extended versions on BR. :wave:

The Stray Cat
01-06-2011, 07:33 PM
Oh it'll be added to my already 6 different copies of the Saga. I hear that the extra bonus material is going to be awesome though. A ton of never released footage from the whole six movies. I hope that's true, it'll be the only way to justify the cost to myself!

Ragnarok
01-06-2011, 08:08 PM
Well, the high-definition is really the biggest selling point for myself. The extras are welcome for sure, though. This will be the edition to get…until their 3D conversion is completed which will probably be a 2013 or 2014 release…in 4K resolution. GYAHH!!!! :banghead: Double-, triple- and quadruple-dipping - Lucas showed them the way, Jackson refined it, and Cameron perfected it.

twisted77
01-06-2011, 08:23 PM
Well, if I dont get a laptop soon.
I guess I will talk to you all in about six weeks or so. I am leaving for training on the 15th.

dkchance74
01-06-2011, 08:34 PM
Well, if I dont get a laptop soon.
I guess I will talk to you all in about six weeks or so. I am leaving for training on the 15th.

where ya going??? i havent been reading.

Ragnarok
01-06-2011, 08:59 PM
He's going to work for CSX. :nice:

dkchance74
01-06-2011, 09:02 PM
Ah gonna make the big bucks:) congrats!!!!

twisted77
01-06-2011, 09:08 PM
Yea thanks, I am excited. I am going to be a conductor. I am hopeing to sell a set of 38in gumbo's tomm. That will give me the money for the laptop.

dkchance74
01-06-2011, 09:13 PM
Yea thanks, I am excited. I am going to be a conductor. I am hopeing to sell a set of 38in gumbo's tomm. That will give me the money for the laptop.

right on:D i had a set of them on my old ramcharger chassis with S-10 body when i lived in indiana....helluva mudder:Happybounce:

twisted77
01-06-2011, 09:38 PM
Yea I hate to sell them because they wear great on the pavement and I have 39.5 swamper on my bronco now and I like to drive it on the street sometimes aswell.

talon
01-06-2011, 09:50 PM
dang shame i couldnt get down to e'ville or i'd snatch them tires up from you myself!!! they'd look great on the fullsize pig.

dkchance74
01-06-2011, 09:52 PM
swampers suk arse runnin on pavement. i used to work at a tire shop and we were always havin problems with them. it was the TSL's that were the worst.

twisted77
01-06-2011, 09:53 PM
450.00 is a great price for nearly new tires aswell.

dkchance74
dang shame i couldnt get down to e'ville or i'd snatch them tires up from you myself!!! they'd look great on the fullsize pig.

just go for a road trip and pick em up...WTH it's only gas:rolling:

twisted77
well as new as discoed tires can be. they are well over 3/4 tread.

talon
01-06-2011, 09:57 PM
just go for a road trip and pick em up...WTH it's only gas:rolling:

gas aint the problem, its where the heck do i put them to get them home. the pig has zero tread on its rear tires at the moment, and my car isnt big enough to carry ONE of them let alone four lol.

someone's gettin a smokin deal!

dkchance74
01-06-2011, 09:59 PM
gas aint the problem, its where the heck do i put them to get them home. the pig has zero tread on its rear tires at the moment, and my car isnt big enough to carry ONE of them let alone four lol.

someone's gettin a smokin deal!

strap em down on the trunk and roof:lolbeat:

talon
01-06-2011, 10:05 PM
if his deal falls thru im willing to find a way to go get theM!!

twisted77
01-06-2011, 10:24 PM
I can drive north to meet you if need be for the cost of some gas, I am flexible. I kinda doubt my buddy is going to buy them.

Ragnarok
01-06-2011, 10:48 PM
HEY!!! VIOLATION OF BST n' STUFF!!! :rant:

http://hvx-rc.com/forumstuff/emo/emo-bigcornysmile.png

Ian
01-07-2011, 01:04 AM
Run for the hills, he's about to flex, arghhhhh :crazy:

THE_JOKER
01-07-2011, 03:55 AM
I got a bag of half eaten scampi fries if anyone is interested?..........£34 +V.A.T+P&P?

Its a steal!.......(for me anyways)

Spoon37
01-07-2011, 05:20 AM
So…who's going to be getting the "Extra Super Almost Unnecessary Buy This Until We Get the 3D Conversion Done" Edition of the complete Star Wars "Saga" on Blu-Ray? I probably will. What's another $150 out of my pocket to that bearded fop whose accidental epic was far greater than his ability to tell it? It'll be out this September. Nine discs, six of which are for the feature films. I assume the remaining three are crammed with bonus material.

Truth be known, I'm more anxious to get the Lord of the Rings extended versions on BR. :wave:

Tbh yeah actually - I am a big Star Wars fan, I'm not sure about the 3d thing but Star Wars in high def has to be win...

I like LOTR too, but if its a straight choice between Star Wars or almost anything else(including LOTR)...then forget it... :lol:

Also looking forwards to the new Star Wars the Old Republic game due out supposedly Q1 2011: http://www.swtor.com/ although I have heard rumours its likely to closer to Q3 in reality, its certainly an ambitious gaming project.

hmm now can I afford that Lego Star Wars Tantive IV.... hmmz... :lol:

The Stray Cat
01-07-2011, 08:06 AM
I myself am a much the same, Star Wars and LOTR are two tops. I have star wars on VHS two different versions Original and special edition. Then 4 versions on DVD of the original trilogy and two version of all six. I can't wait for the HD but the 3d I'll see in the theatres and probably won't buy it.

Ragnarok
01-07-2011, 09:12 AM
Tbh yeah actually - I am a big Star Wars fan, I'm not sure about the 3d thing but Star Wars in high def has to be win...

I like LOTR too, but if its a straight choice between Star Wars or almost anything else(including LOTR)...then forget it... :lol:

Also looking forwards to the new Star Wars the Old Republic game due out supposedly Q1 2011: http://www.swtor.com/ although I have heard rumours its likely to closer to Q3 in reality, its certainly an ambitious gaming project.

hmm now can I afford that Lego Star Wars Tantive IV.... hmmz... :lol:

Yeah, The Old Republic MMORPGWTFBBQ looks like it could be pretty cool. I don't have time for games like that though. I have too many distractions as it is. :lol: I'd be better off losing myself to Lego sorcery (another thing that has tempted me). I look at some of the big hairy stuff guys are building, like huge anime-inspired mechs, four foot long spaceships, etc., and I start drooling and get to thinking, "what could I come up with." But who the heck has time for anything like that? I don't.
I myself am a much the same, Star Wars and LOTR are two tops. I have star wars on VHS two different versions Original and special edition. Then 4 versions on DVD of the original trilogy and two version of all six. I can't wait for the HD but the 3d I'll see in the theatres and probably won't buy it.
I have the original non-widescreen trilogy on VHS, Episode 1 in big-box/special edition widescreen VHS, and then the "enhanced" original trilogy and individual copies of the prequels on DVD.

It wouldn't shock me at all to see WHV release the extended LotR trilogy on BR this fall to counter Star Wars. However as I think more about it what's more likely to happen is they may wait until the theatrical release of first half of The Hobbit to do it. That's Christmas of 2012. :nono:

talon
01-07-2011, 09:16 AM
the original cartoon version of The Hobbit from the 70s will always be the best.

Ragnarok
01-07-2011, 09:23 AM
"Heeeeeeyyyy, littlllllle birrrrrrrrrrrrd. Iiiii rememberrrrrr youuuuuuuuuuu." :blink:

I think the character designers at Rankin/Bass must've thought Hobbit was a combination of "Human" and "Rabbit". It's the only thing I can think of that would explain the HUGE lagomorphic teeth they gave Bilbo n' Friends. All-in-all, they did okay with The Hobbit. I didn't dig the High Noon-inspired balladry, though. It undercut the seriousness of the story in a big way.

Of the Rankin/Bass animated films I thought that Flight of Dragons was their best.

The Stray Cat
01-07-2011, 09:26 AM
The cartoons were definitely cool, they are available on BR also. I thought LOTR was already released in a crappy version on BR?

Ragnarok
01-07-2011, 09:28 AM
Yeah, the non-extended theatrical version of the trilogy has been on Blu-Ray for several months. :nice: The better-er extended version hasn't been given a release date yet.

Ragnarok
01-07-2011, 09:54 AM
Well, I'm trying to decide if I want to go with the Solsylva CNC router plans or the ones from Rockcliff. I haven't been able to find a "which is gooder" comparison yet. I have the JGRO plans already and I'll be studying them this weekend.

twisted77
01-07-2011, 12:44 PM
I just want to add I have no Idea what you all are talking about:thinking:

Oggy
01-07-2011, 12:58 PM
there's some awsome space photography here

http://triggerpit.com/2010/11/22/incredible-pics-nasa-astronaut-wheelock/

The Stray Cat
01-07-2011, 01:12 PM
I just want to add I have no Idea what you all are talking about:thinking:

Are you lost about what Rag is discussing or the topic in general:rofl:

twisted77
01-07-2011, 01:18 PM
well I know nothing about what Rag is taking about 99.9% of the time anyway. Plus I know nothing about star war or whatever LOL

twisted77
01-07-2011, 01:19 PM
I do know that I will have to money to buy a laptop, thanks to a particular person here. So what do you all recomend. I will be in the 550.00 600.00 range.

talon
01-07-2011, 01:32 PM
....and i'll dedicate the first new dent in the side of the pig to you, thanks to the new tires. ;)

The Stray Cat
01-07-2011, 01:39 PM
Twisted where you going for your training? I was going to go to a school for conducting a few years back but then found the job I have now. Lotsa of work but should be fun.

twisted77
01-07-2011, 02:00 PM
....and i'll dedicate the first new dent in the side of the pig to you, thanks to the new tires. ;)

Thanks talon.

ED, I am going to Atlanta,GA to the REDI center for CSX, be gone for 6 weeks.

talon
01-07-2011, 02:02 PM
what exactly is a 'conductor'? like grand symphonies? or a train? i seriously dont have a clue.

twisted77
01-07-2011, 02:07 PM
what exactly is a 'conductor'? like grand symphonies? or a train? i seriously dont have a clue.

Your killing me. :p

I will be in charge of everything that goes on with the entire train front to back, all stops, rail changes, car drops, and car pick ups. Departure times ECT. The Engineer only really drives the train.

Plus I dig like Metalica and SRV and so on. I dont think I would be good with clasical.
I ROCK OUT WITH MY C@@K OUT! :excited:

Bullitt
01-07-2011, 02:10 PM
Twisted-
I bought my wife a Sony from wally world and I think it was $656 after taxes. So far, I really like it, but I don't use it. I am sticking to my guns and staying off of her computer like I told her I would. I am using the 3 year old acer, also from wally world and I paid $350 for it back then. For webbing, itunes, and typing documents, you cant beat it. I would go with a cheap laptop and get yourself a new version of MS office along with it. That way you can use it for all of your training, as well as keeping up with everyone here. Or you can do what I did and get that upper end model and use that old bootleg copy of office '97 like I am using on my new laptop. :lol:

Harry

Harry

talon
01-07-2011, 02:10 PM
lol i seriously didnt know

The Stray Cat
01-07-2011, 02:11 PM
Yea there is actually alot to do as a conductor, being an engineer is like being a cab driver, the conductor is like the dispatcher.

twisted77
01-07-2011, 02:16 PM
Twisted-
I bought my wife a Sony from wally world and I think it was $656 after taxes. So far, I really like it, but I don't use it. I am sticking to my guns and staying off of her computer like I told her I would. I am using the 3 year old acer, also from wally world and I paid $350 for it back then. For webbing, itunes, and typing documents, you cant beat it. I would go with a cheap laptop and get yourself a new version of MS office along with it. That way you can use it for all of your training, as well as keeping up with everyone here. Or you can do what I did and get that upper end model and use that old bootleg copy of office '97 like I am using on my new laptop. :lol:

Harry

Harry

Yea I am gonna hit the wally tonight and see what they got. Thanks.

lol i seriously didnt know

Man I thought you were kiddin.

Yea there is actually alot to do as a conductor, being an engineer is like being a cab driver, the conductor is like the dispatcher.

Yea kinda freaked me out. They dropped that bomb on me at orientation. LOL:whip:

The Stray Cat
01-07-2011, 02:18 PM
Well best of luck to you man! And as HArry said the Wal-Mart Acers and that aren't bad for the price, they all have name brnad internals anyway.

Ragnarok
01-07-2011, 03:34 PM
Twisted-

Harry

Harry

Or you could avoid MS Office altogether and get Open Office (www.openoffice.org). It's free and really works well.

twisted77
01-07-2011, 09:49 PM
I will look into that,

Hey I actually understood what you said!

Ragnarok
01-07-2011, 11:56 PM
http://i.imgur.com/VFBLN.gif

^ This thread! http://hvx-rc.com/forumstuff/emo/emo-stickhorse.gif

dkchance74
01-07-2011, 11:58 PM
now thats funny chit right there...lol

Oggy
01-08-2011, 12:58 AM
morning guys, how is everyone?

Lee
01-08-2011, 01:14 AM
good thanks oggy, you good?
im up early, got to go to the sailing club for a first aid course. they like the instructors to know first aid incase anything happens during a lesson...:wacko:

Spoon37
01-08-2011, 04:30 AM
morning guys, how is everyone?

Not bad :tea: