PDA

View Full Version : between me an rangerboy - OFFICIAL THREAD MISSION STATEMENT POST #253

Pages : 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 [47] 48 49 50 51 52 53 54 55 56 57 58 59 60 61 62 63 64 65 66 67 68 69 70 71 72 73 74 75 76 77 78 79 80 81 82

LondonF350
01-27-2011, 12:20 PM
Olivia..

Olivia, who??

Ian
01-27-2011, 12:22 PM
Olivia here, get out my house.

LondonF350
01-27-2011, 01:13 PM
:rofl:

Ragnarok
01-27-2011, 03:46 PM
I need pain meds, NOW! :cryin: Elbow isn't so healed after all. Lame jokes aren't helping. :(

FunkyHunk
01-28-2011, 12:10 AM
Who's there?

Little old lady.

LondonF350
01-28-2011, 01:42 AM
Little old lady.

Little Old Lady, who?? :dunno:

FunkyHunk
01-28-2011, 04:30 AM
Little Old Lady, who?? :dunno:

I didn't know you could yodel! LOL

Spoon37
01-28-2011, 04:56 AM
Heres some pain meds raggy ^_^

The Stray Cat
01-28-2011, 07:16 AM
Heres some pain meds raggy ^_^

Are those available in the States? If not would you send me some? I could really use some.:D

Ragnarok
01-28-2011, 09:16 AM
Yeah, I was pretty miserable yesterday. I still am. :banghead: As a side note I picked up RED yesterday during my rootbeer run for the week. One of my nephews recommended it. I wasn't too sure, but while I was nursing my elbow last evening it sounded like a good idea to watch it. Wow. It was pretty cool. The action is a bit over the top, but it was still fun.

Violence: Lots. A couple of people get explodeded, some neck breakage, lots of people getting shot. With as much gun-play as there was you'd have thought there would have been more deaths, though.
Sex: None. Just one impure kiss at the end.
Language: Not as strong as it was in Back to the Future (a PG-rated film), with the exception of one F-word toward the end.

I won't give a real review because it's hard to say much about it without spoilers. I'll say this one thing, though: I've never seen John Malkovich play a good guy. If you can even call his character a good guy. And Ernest Borgnine's cameo was an interesting little touch.

Ian
01-28-2011, 09:18 AM
Do they come in family sized packs? What happens if you overdose with them?

Ian
01-28-2011, 09:21 AM
Yeah, I was pretty miserable yesterday. I still am. :banghead: As a side note I picked up RED yesterday during my rootbeer run for the week. One of my nephews recommended it. I wasn't too sure, but while I was nursing my elbow last evening it sounded like a good idea to watch it. Wow. It was pretty cool. The action is a bit over the top, but it was still fun.

Violence: Lots. A couple of people get explodeded, some neck breakage. With as much gun-play as there was you'd have thought there would have been more deaths, though.
Language: Not as strong as it was in Back to the Future (a PG-rated film), with the exception of one F-word toward the end.

I won't give a real review because it's hard to say much about it without spoilers. I'll say this one thing, though: I've never seen John Malkovich play a good guy. If you can even call his character a good guy.

You just described the 'A-Team'.

The Stray Cat
01-28-2011, 09:51 AM

Violence: Lots. A couple of people get explodeded, some neck breakage, lots of people getting shot. With as much gun-play as there was you'd have thought there would have been more deaths, though.

I won't give a real review because it's hard to say much about it without spoilers. I'll say this one thing, though: I've never seen John Malkovich play a good guy. If you can even call his character a good guy. And Ernest Borgnine's cameo was an interesting little touch.

I just watched RED last night also, it was one of those just kick back and enjoy films. Over the top craziness, and action mixed with some comedic humor and it was just fun to watch.

primus2010
01-28-2011, 12:58 PM
I've been reverting back to more classic films lately, just watched the Indiana Jones trilogy after a long dry spell, good times in those films. My sister recommended I watch the Grindhouse movies...Planet Terror and Death Proof....aside from the cars, soundtrack, and crashes of Death Proof they were both horrible films. Kinda made me lose faith in the newer stuff for a bit. Planning on watching Kelly's Heroes this evening, there's a good classic Clint Eastwood flick for ya! Not to mention it also has Carroll O'Connor who is better known as Archie Bunker :D

The Stray Cat
01-28-2011, 01:07 PM
I've been reverting back to more classic films lately, just watched the Indiana Jones trilogy after a long dry spell, good times in those films. My sister recommended I watch the Grindhouse movies...Planet Terror and Death Proof....aside from the cars, soundtrack, and crashes of Death Proof they were both horrible films. Kinda made me lose faith in the newer stuff for a bit. Planning on watching Kelly's Heroes this evening, there's a good classic Clint Eastwood flick for ya! Not to mention it also has Carroll O'Connor who is better known as Archie Bunker :D

I have all 4 of the Indy movies, they never get old! The Grindhouse flicks were okay for what they were but the hype around was definitely inflated big time! I definitely enjoy the classics more than the modern films but I watch a ton of movies so I see alot of new stuff.

primus2010
01-28-2011, 01:12 PM
Just checked the mail and my Dad sent me the original 1951 version of "The Day the Earth Stood Still" -> that was a great film, the remake not so much, I fell asleep during that movie twice.

The Stray Cat
01-28-2011, 01:28 PM
Just checked the mail and my Dad sent me the original 1951 version of "The Day the Earth Stood Still" -> that was a great film, the remake not so much, I fell asleep during that movie twice.

The remake of that movie sucked huge on the suckometer!:lol:

Ragnarok
01-28-2011, 01:46 PM
The remake was so grotesquely saturated with anthopogenic climate change propaganda that I wanted to throw up. Keanu Reeve's and Jennifer Connelly's performances were fine, but the story sucked more than Paris Hilton on a first date. :nono:

Next batch of movies I'm getting over the next few weeks:
The Other Guys
Iron MEH 2
The Expendables
Inception (already have this on DVD, but I'd like to get it on BR)
Ink
Mary and Max
The Secret of Kells

The Stray Cat
01-28-2011, 02:18 PM
The remake was so grotesquely saturated with anthopogenic climate change propaganda that I wanted to throw up. Keanu Reeve's and Jennifer Connelly's performances were fine, but the story sucked more than Paris Hilton on a first date. :nono:

Next batch of movies I'm getting over the next few weeks:
The Other Guys
Iron MEH 2
The Expendables
Inception (already have this on DVD, but I'd like to get it on BR)
Ink
Mary and Max
The Secret of Kells

The first four I've seen and are definitely good ones, the other guys was funny in a Will Ferrell way, good to watch though.

primus2010
01-28-2011, 02:40 PM
Iron Man 2 was a bit odd for some reason, just couldn't get into it like I did the first one. Still good, but just...different. What else is recommended, I've got time to kill before I can unveil the "top secret bodies" that will be used on my Honcho build...

The Stray Cat
01-28-2011, 02:57 PM
The A Team was great! If you like crude humor comedies, then the Hangover is good for laughs.

THE_JOKER
01-29-2011, 07:17 AM
Was freezing so, when i went out in the van i cranked the heating on full and set the blower to my feet.........when i did what i had to and came back home, i stepped out and this happened:

http://i703.photobucket.com/albums/ww39/wolfsburg92/149bbd2e.jpg

Cheap work boots......dont do it :lol:

LondonF350
01-29-2011, 07:57 AM
:rofl:

Did you buy that ShooGoo yet?? Might be time to get some! :lol:

THE_JOKER
01-29-2011, 07:58 AM
No, but its the first thing i thought of when it happened :lol:

Waterboy
01-29-2011, 08:20 AM
haha well hey guys, how's everyone this Saturday? can't wait for tomorrow, finally my birthday!:waterboy:

THE_JOKER
01-29-2011, 08:26 AM
finally my birthday!:waterboy:

Shouldn't wish your life away :D

An Happy Birthday for tommorow! :chug:

Waterboy
01-29-2011, 08:33 AM
haha true very true, and thanks mate!:chug:

Magicmarker77
01-29-2011, 08:55 AM
The A Team was great! If you like crude humor comedies, then the Hangover is good for laughs.

The Hangover is the funniest movie I have seen in a long time......lots of immature humor and potty jokes! The dude jumping out of the trunk was a highlight as well as the brother in law "Is he a Re-tard?" lots of great one liners...... funny stuff
Super bad is another one thats good for kicks

Ragnarok
01-29-2011, 08:59 AM
Was freezing so, when i went out in the van i cranked the heating on full and set the blower to my feet.........when i did what i had to and came back home, i stepped out and this happened:

http://i703.photobucket.com/albums/ww39/wolfsburg92/149bbd2e.jpg

Cheap work boots......dont do it :lol:

Ain't got "sole"? :confused:

THE_JOKER
01-29-2011, 10:00 AM
lol, not anymore no.

Oggy
01-29-2011, 02:00 PM
anyone else seen this guitar on ebay :bacondance:

http://cgi.ebay.co.uk/Air-Guitar-/170594084024?pt=UK_Musical_Instruments_Guitars_CV&hash=item27b83324b8

2k2cse
01-29-2011, 02:47 PM
:rolling:
I'd buy it :lol:

LondonF350
01-29-2011, 02:53 PM
I've already got one!!! :lolbeat:

2k2cse
01-29-2011, 03:13 PM
I had one, but my friend stole it one day while we were going to a restaurant. I kicked him out of my truck. :firedevil:

FunkyHunk
01-29-2011, 05:38 PM
So, how you guys doing?
We've had one of the most fun weekends in a good while.
Yesterday we took the tracked quad, loaded it up with beer and other necesities like food, gasoline and more beer and headed up to the mountains.
We went to visit a friend in his cabin about a half hours drive up some steep slopes.
Around 3'o clock this afternoon Alf took his polaris 440 and I took my quad and headed for some hills to climb.
We found lots of hills, and with about one metre of snow it was FUN!
Unfortunately with the limited amount of daylight we couldnt take any pictures or any videos.
We'll try again tomorrow :)

How has everyone elses weekend been? Good I hope :nice:

primus2010
01-29-2011, 06:19 PM
My weekend kicked off to a good start, took the "honcho" out for a test crawl today and managed to hang in there with the MOA's through about 90% of the lines they were running. Good ol' low COG shafty with 13.5" WB and 5.5" tires seems to do the trick well, should be even better once I add some weight in all the right areas. Should make for one hell of a TTC rig when it's said and done.

The Stray Cat
01-29-2011, 07:25 PM
Well my day went like this, Woke up at 7:30 did three hours of homework for college, then went and shoveled some of the four foot deep snow off the entire forty feet of my main roof and then the 14ft of additional roof. Need less to say my arms are feeling a bit jello-ish!

primus2010
01-29-2011, 09:10 PM
Mine would be too after all that! Thankfully our winter is turning back towards the mild side. We started off the season with 2 feet that lasted 2 weeks. I tried to shovel it the best I could, but it was just solid ice since it didn't get much above 15 degrees after that. But the last few weeks has been mid 50s and T-shirt weather :D Although we are supposed to get a few inches tonight :(

Ragnarok
01-29-2011, 11:57 PM
Well my day went like this, Woke up at 7:30 did three hours of homework for college, then went and shoveled some of the four foot deep snow off the entire forty feet of my main roof and then the 14ft of additional roof. Need less to say my arms are feeling a bit jello-ish!

http://hvx-rc.com/forumstuff/ani/ani-hulkhoganpythons.gif

I've been worse, I guess.

Good stuff: Almost got a particular project finished.
Bad stuff: Note the the word "almost." I should have completed it early this week and I blame my in-high-gear arthritis and recently-fracked elbow, both of which have been particularly horrible today.
Better stuff: Watched Robin Hood director's cut with the folks tonight, and I'm off to work on my on-again/off-again controller sketches (it's currently "on" :lol:) and then maybe watch RED if I don't fall asleep in front of my computer first. :chug:

Ragnarok
01-30-2011, 12:54 AM
Holy crap! Lee - I forgot a killer iPad synth in my recommendations earlier. Tempo Rubato's NLogSynth PRO (pronounced "analog synth" I guess). If it were me I'd have this paired with a real keyboard rather than playing the one on the screen.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=y4K2ACd7KVY

When Jordan Rudess said that the iPad is the future of electronic music he wasn't kidding. I'm floored at the sound quality that's coming out of this thing.

Lee
01-30-2011, 04:16 AM
thanks for the heads up rag! i deffo want to get something similar, whatever i do get will be coming next month now though, not much money at the moment.

THE_JOKER
01-30-2011, 05:01 AM
So, how you guys doing?
We've had one of the most fun weekends in a good while.
Yesterday we took the tracked quad, loaded it up with beer and other necesities like food, gasoline and more beer and headed up to the mountains.
We went to visit a friend in his cabin about a half hours drive up some steep slopes.
Around 3'o clock this afternoon Alf took his polaris 440 and I took my quad and headed for some hills to climb.
We found lots of hills, and with about one metre of snow it was FUN!
Unfortunately with the limited amount of daylight we couldnt take any pictures or any videos.
We'll try again tomorrow :)

How has everyone elses weekend been? Good I hope :nice:

Sounds like a bangin' weekend!! Defo take pics on the next run if ya can! :chug:

@Rock----Isnt that what the kids are for? lol.

Waterboy
01-30-2011, 10:58 AM
haha I'm finally fifteen!!!! hhahha yea!!!

Ian
01-30-2011, 11:04 AM
What i wouldn't give to be that age again with the knowladge i have today. I would have some serious fun:Happybounce:

Waterboy
01-30-2011, 11:24 AM
trust me I have fun ;)

FunkyHunk
01-30-2011, 12:05 PM
Sounds like a bangin' weekend!! Defo take pics on the next run if ya can! :chug:

Here you go, it's all the pictures I could get, my phone died shortly after the last picture was taken :/

This is Carina and her snowmobile, a Polaris SKS 700, and my girlfriend standing behind my quad.
http://i89.photobucket.com/albums/k205/funkyhunk/b4e35dba.jpg

My quad:
http://i89.photobucket.com/albums/k205/funkyhunk/ec38899d.jpg

And Alf's Polaris Indy 440. Fun and fast little machine :)
http://i89.photobucket.com/albums/k205/funkyhunk/e41af7a6.jpg

http://i89.photobucket.com/albums/k205/funkyhunk/c43109d3.jpg

This is the cabin we stayed at, it's actually an old bus converted into a cabin:
http://i89.photobucket.com/albums/k205/funkyhunk/90456c5e.jpg

Next time we go up, I'm gonna borrow my friend's gopro camera, so we'll get some good snow fun footage :nice:

THE_JOKER
01-30-2011, 01:10 PM
Awesome mate, thanks for the pics!!! it looks like a wicked time out! :excited:

FunkyHunk
01-30-2011, 01:30 PM
We had a great time yeah, but I'm absolutely knackered in arms, shoulders, and legs.
It's hard work steering that quad around in a metre of snow :p
One thing though, I was never stuck anywhere :p
I didn't make it up some steep slopes, but I just put it in reverse and drove out, and tried again till I made that hill :nice:

THE_JOKER
01-30-2011, 01:52 PM
I meant to ask when you first put up pics of the mods, about the steering, i would say i wish i was there to have a play......but im done with cold lol, i want me some Caribbean action.

FunkyHunk
01-30-2011, 01:59 PM
The weather wasn't so cold, just below -1 deg celcius.
I've got warm clothes and handlebar/thumb warmers to keep my hands warm.
Plus, the force of heaving that quad around keeps me a little bit on the warm side :p

Ragnarok
01-30-2011, 05:31 PM
I haven't been paying attention: who won the Super Bowl today? Was it the Bengals?

The Stray Cat
01-30-2011, 06:19 PM
I haven't been paying attention: who won the Super Bowl today? Was it the Bengals?

Superbowl is next weekend, but the bengals just might win!:crazy:

Ragnarok
01-30-2011, 06:34 PM
Well, I'm rooting for the Mariners for what it's worth. :nice:

The Stray Cat
01-30-2011, 06:46 PM
Alaska needs a pro team. It could be the Juneao Tundra Wookies!:lolbeat:

Ragnarok
01-30-2011, 06:52 PM
If pro teams were made up of big-government baby-killing Subaru-drving lesbitards then Juneau would win the World Series of Everything.

Ragnarok
01-30-2011, 07:01 PM
By the way, my mouse quit working today. It was the best mouse I've ever used. When I built my computer I bought a Logitech wireless trackball to go with it (it's IR, dammit - shoulda been RF). I never liked it at all. The only thing it had going for it over the super-basic Logitech trackball I bought several years ago was a scroll wheel. I didn't like my new Logitech, so I used the wireless mouse that came with my wireless keyboard. It eventually died, and the keyboard went toes-up, so I went with the keyboard I had for my eMac and the mouse that came with a little Acer PC (the same I gave my mother this Christmas). Anyway, the mouse was the best I've ever used - light, good tracking, nice shape, excellent scroll wheel. I think it has a broken wire somewhere in the cord, and I haven't been able to locate it.

So, since I can't seem to find my cheap Logitech trackball, I decided to pull out my overhuge Logitech Wireless trackball (phech!). Man, it's going to take some getting used to. :nono:

Ragnarok
01-30-2011, 07:34 PM
Here's an image of what I'm using at the moment…

It looks like a giant slug from certain angles. Mine doesn't have a red bottom half, though - it's black. For trackball ergonomics, the Kensington 4-button trackball kicks Logitech's breakfast. Logi has far better buttons, though. Its optical ball tracking is infinitely superior to the bearing-tracking that Kensington uses, too.

It's well built, feels solid and has plenty of weight. But ergonomically it's almost painful, and the IR interface has a functional range of only about four feet - and that's if the IR sensor is in full "line of sight." Hide it just a little and you have a nice rolly-ball brick.

primus2010
01-31-2011, 02:53 AM
I had that exact same mouse....lasted 3 hours and gave it to my mom. I'm not a trackball guy, just can't use them for gaming purposes in my world. My favorite mouse thus far is a Micro Innovations wireless laser setup, found it at walmart for $30 when my old trusty optical crapped out on me. After playing with the laser mouse, I will never go optical again :D

Spoon37
01-31-2011, 04:53 AM
well I'm a gamer - never got on well with trackball mice, my last mouse died recently it was a logitech MX518 left mouse button and the centre mouse button(pressing the mouse wheel) had stopped working - I decided to get something that might last a bit longer.

As my Keyboard is made by Razer and I rather like it, I got a Razer Lachesis mouse to go with it ^_^ its highly customisable particularly in terms of resolution and polling frequency: sadly not all games recognise the speeds set in windows so for example I am a MMO player: I log into WoW the mouse is really fast, I log in to DC universe Online and its about 20% of the speed...with in game settings to max sensitivity.

On that Note I have just got DCUO, its kinda fun but for me its marred by a graphical delay problem at the moment. Basically my latency is low, my frame rate is high and everything runs smooth but then I try to kill some evil do-er and it calmly walks on unperturbed by my hacking away with melee weapons, setting it on fire etc...then I get some loot and xp as if it has died, it snaps back to where I began fighting it starts visibly taking damage as do I...meanwhile I take damage for some seconds or minutes after combat has supposedly ended. in the worst cases I've been killed by enemies I cannot see, and taken damage after being knocked out and fleeing back to a safe house location.

SOE are supposedly working on a fix, but anyone with any experience with SOE will not be holding their breath. If anyone does want to play DC Universe Online I suggest getting the PS3 version as it seems unaffected by these problems.

:banana:

The Stray Cat
01-31-2011, 07:52 AM
Gentlemen... How's everyone doing today?

Ragnarok
01-31-2011, 08:25 AM
Primus/Spoon: Yeah, trackballs are almost useless for gaming. I'm not a gamer, so it's "o-tay". I think I'm getting along a little better with this trackball. I think some of my beefs with it are that I'm just not used to its layout. If it gets to the point I just can't gel with it, then I'm going to get me a Kensington 4-button trackball this next month.

Rock: Tired, but not too bad. Hoping I can get me that danged Magenta ink cartridge this morning. Fred Meyers never has enough of those. :pcrage:

The Stray Cat
01-31-2011, 09:33 AM
How's the arm feeling BTW Rag? My arms are better than they were Saturday night. It is always amazing how many muscles shoveling snow really uses.

pardonmyn00b
01-31-2011, 10:23 AM
Happy birthday Ed:Happybounce:

The Stray Cat
01-31-2011, 10:24 AM
Happy birthday Ed:Happybounce:

Thanks Rich! I'm getting some money for my Bday from the MRs. so I can order some pieces to get the Tiger going!:Happybounce:

russisloud
01-31-2011, 10:39 AM
its EDs birthday? HAPPY BIRTHDAY ED!

The Stray Cat
01-31-2011, 10:41 AM
its EDs birthday? HAPPY BIRTHDAY ED!

Thanks Russ!:chug: You've gotten some real nice bling in your Boneyard lately brother!:nice:

russisloud
01-31-2011, 10:43 AM
thanks ed, i've been hard at it

Oggy
01-31-2011, 12:23 PM
happy b'day Ed :chug::chug:

The Stray Cat
01-31-2011, 12:29 PM
happy b'day Ed :chug::chug:

Thanks much Oggster!:beer&buddy: How are you and the fam doing?, The wife doing ok since the surgery?

Oggy
01-31-2011, 12:31 PM
we're all doing fine mate, thanks for asking

the wife is doing great, it's nice to see her doing stuff without screaming with pain :bacondance: :bacondance:

how are you and your family?

hope all you other guys are doing ok too

The Stray Cat
01-31-2011, 12:44 PM
We're all good. As I mentioned a few post back, spent the day Saturday shoveling the roof. I had a good 4 ft of the stuff on my roof. Where I live I have a lot of trees so the snow doesn't get blown off my roof like other places it just piles up.

Glad to hear the Missus is doing good. My wife is making me a special B-Day dinner tonight of Hot roast beef w/ Mashed potatoes and gravy. Then followed by a Reeses Peanut Butter Cup Ice Cream cake!
:woohoo:

THE_JOKER
01-31-2011, 01:33 PM
Happy Birthday Rock me ol' matey!! :chug:

Hope your havin a good one!

The Stray Cat
01-31-2011, 01:45 PM
Happy Birthday Rock me ol' matey!! :chug:

Hope your havin a good one!

Good enough, working right now but someone has to do it. Besides the wifey is home making me food, so I can't complain!:D How you doin Mate?

primus2010
01-31-2011, 01:55 PM
Happy B-day Ed! Got any fancy surprises coming for the eye of the tiger? :D

FunkyHunk
01-31-2011, 01:59 PM
Happy Birthday Ed, I hope you get some "dessert" along with that dinner and dessert :nice:

The Stray Cat
01-31-2011, 02:00 PM
Got some mudpluggers and a R2 trans so I don't have to butcher the interior to get around the axial trans, and some building supplies too!

Thanks for the well wishes bud!

The Stray Cat
01-31-2011, 02:00 PM
Happy Birthday Ed, I hope you get some "dessert" along with that dinner and dessert :nice:

I guess we're hoping for the same thing!:excited::Happybounce::lolbeat:

THE_JOKER
01-31-2011, 02:10 PM
Good enough, working right now but someone has to do it. Besides the wifey is home making me food, so I can't complain!:D How you doin Mate?

Not bad bud, ta for askin!, i reckon i may take a lil break however, as its good for the mind lol.

The Stray Cat
01-31-2011, 02:14 PM
Not bad bud, ta for askin!, i reckon i may take a lil break however, as its good for the mind lol.

Did you get to watch any movies over the weekend? I didn't get chance to really, I watched some of the "OPen Season 3" with the kids, but nothing really good.

THE_JOKER
01-31-2011, 02:27 PM
No matey, theres nothing new that i fancy watching to be honest.

The Stray Cat
01-31-2011, 02:30 PM
I hear ya, that's one of the reasons why I didn't really watch any over the weekend.

Oggy
01-31-2011, 02:32 PM
hey Ed, i got some cake for you :lolbeat: :lolbeat: :lolbeat: :lolbeat:

http://i843.photobucket.com/albums/zz359/Lolol_014/obese_woman_eating_cup_cake.jpg

THE_JOKER
01-31-2011, 02:33 PM
Tell a lie, i watched "Kelly's Heroes" at the weekend again, while it aint new, i still love that film.

There you go again with them negative waves!

http://www.lefrelonvert.com/wp-content/uploads/2010/06/KellysHeroes1.jpg

The Stray Cat
01-31-2011, 02:36 PM

http://i843.photobucket.com/albums/zz359/Lolol_014/obese_woman_eating_cup_cake.jpg

Hey where did you get a picture of my wife??:rofl:

There you go again with them negative waves!

http://www.lefrelonvert.com/wp-content/uploads/2010/06/KellysHeroes1.jpg[/quote]

Kelly heroes will never get old! THat's one you can watch time and time again.

FunkyHunk
01-31-2011, 02:38 PM

No moar caek 4 me plZ! :puke:

LondonF350
01-31-2011, 02:52 PM
Happy Birthday Ed :birthday:

The Stray Cat
01-31-2011, 02:56 PM
Thanks guys, I'll let ya know tomorrow if she shared any cake with me!

FunkyHunk
01-31-2011, 03:00 PM
Thanks guys, I'll let ya know tomorrow if she shared any cake with me!

We're more interested in the "dessert" :p

Ragnarok
01-31-2011, 03:55 PM
How's the arm feeling BTW Rag? My arms are better than they were Saturday night. It is always amazing how many muscles shoveling snow really uses.

Still kinda sore, but as long as I don't stress it I'm alright. BTW, I started a separate thread wishing you a Happy Bortday, but I see that most everyone has just done it in here. :p

(Open Season 3? Is Martin Lawrence hurting that bad for money these days?)

The Stray Cat
01-31-2011, 08:03 PM
I'm not sure Martin is in the voices in this one. But I would say he probably is, him and Eddie Murphy had a comedy routine that isn't accepted in today's politically correct filled world.

Thanks Rag fro the Separate thread.

Ragnarok
01-31-2011, 09:05 PM
I'm lookin' at the IMDB page for Open Season 3, and Boog's name isn't even there. :confused: There's a "Buddy" - is the name "Boog" considered a potentially racist or inflammatory name? Whomever, it's not definitely not ML - he wasn't even in OS2. I didn't know that.

Ragnarok
02-01-2011, 12:57 AM
HO-LEE CUH-RAP!!! :eek:

http://techreport.com/discussions.x/20326
http://techreport.com/discussions.x/20327
http://techreport.com/discussions.x/20329

Intel has to eat about a billion dollars worth of their new 67-series (Sandy Bridge) chipsets. They've discovered some kind of fatal flaw with the chipset (something to do with the SATA-2 busses being gradually ruined by high temps or something), so all Sandy Bridge motherboard makers have halted production and the new Core i7-2xxx series CPUs have been pulled.

AMD and their users are laughing their heads off, I'm sure - as well as their shareholders. I know that if I was about to jump on a Sandy setup I would be p¡ssed beyond description. This is really a bad deal for Chipzilla. They'll recover but it's going to be mean for them. I wonder if the upcoming Ivy Bridge (replaces Nehelem/Gulftown) platform will have some nascent timebomb waiting for its users? That would be catastrophic for me 'cause that's where I'm upgrading next.

Spoon37
02-01-2011, 10:21 AM
... :blink:

Now I'm really glad I bought a X58 + socket 1366 i7(bloomfield)... I had wondered if it was a bad idea as the sandybridge motherboards and socket 1155 was the "new" thing...

Still this one should last me a while just need to get a solid state hard disk + a better monitor - just got a SATA Blue Ray Re-writer today, which can play full HD of course...sadly my ageing 19" LG flatscreen cant display 1920x1080p (4:3 limited to 1280:1024 max) :banghead:

bajaboy5b
02-01-2011, 10:43 AM
anyone still up ? 4.45am here in Australia :P

Oggy
02-01-2011, 10:46 AM
well i'm still up, but it's only 1745 in the u.k.

bajaboy5b
02-01-2011, 11:03 AM
i can't sleep to excited about my new car TA05 V1 fully pimped only stock thing that it will have is the stock stickers :lolbeat: going to be running 30.08% OD and 50 deg steering angle from a OTA-R31 kit theres tons more but CBFed to go on about it :P

LondonF350
02-01-2011, 02:12 PM
HO-LEE CUH-RAP!!! :eek:

http://techreport.com/discussions.x/20326
http://techreport.com/discussions.x/20327
http://techreport.com/discussions.x/20329

Intel has to eat about a billion dollars worth of their new 67-series (Sandy Bridge) chipsets. They've discovered some kind of fatal flaw with the chipset (something to do with the SATA-2 busses being gradually ruined by high temps or something), so all Sandy Bridge motherboard makers have halted production and the new Core i7-2xxx series CPUs have been pulled.

AMD and their users are laughing their heads off, I'm sure - as well as their shareholders. I know that if I was about to jump on a Sandy setup I would be p¡ssed beyond description. This is really a bad deal for Chipzilla. They'll recover but it's going to be mean for them. I wonder if the upcoming Ivy Bridge (replaces Nehelem/Gulftown) platform will have some nascent timebomb waiting for its users? That would be catastrophic for me 'cause that's where I'm upgrading next.

You know, that is exactly what I was planning to do with my first paycheck from the new job I have started!! Got my dream 'basket' saved at my preferred online retailer and everything!!! :banghead:

I guess I will just get the case, SSD, PSU, GPU, DVD, etc (everything but Mobo & CPU) that way I can upgrade my current system, and slot in the new chipset when I decide which one to get (or Intel decides which one it will sell me). :huh:
Might wait on the Ivy Bridge also! :beer&buddy:

Ragnarok
02-01-2011, 03:04 PM
... :blink:

Now I'm really glad I bought a X58 + socket 1366 i7(bloomfield)... I had wondered if it was a bad idea as the sandybridge motherboards and socket 1155 was the "new" thing... The Sandy Bridge/LGA1155/P67/H67 platform was replacing the Lynnfield/LGA1156/P57/H57/etc., so it was the "new thing" for budget and low-end enthusiast machines. Most of us X58 users don't have much to worry about as far as "power we're missing out on" - the Ivy Bridge/LGA2011 will be our horse anyway. Interestingly, the selection of X58 motherboards has been starting to dwindle recently. :nono: I'm still running a pokey Core i7-920 that I had hoped to upgrade to a 980X, but with its replacement coming toward the end of the year I'm not sure I want to spend the extra money now. Some of it will depend on what Ivy Bridge CPUs cost. If they start at $1,000 I might consider defecting and seeing what kind of muscle AMD will have with their up-coming 6- and 8-core Bulldozer CPUs. I'm definitely going with AMD on my secondary/general system because I'm "repurposing" my X58 Hackintosh to be ONLY a music-making machine, hence my need for a second computer soon-ish. No email, no internet (except for instrument registration and updates), no movies…nothing but writing music on my Core i7 cowmoopter. In fact, I'm moving it to one of these cases when until my "studio case mod" happens --> http://www.newegg.com/Product/Product.aspx?Item=N82E16811129056

Still this one should last me a while just need to get a solid state hard disk + a better monitor - just got a SATA Blue Ray Re-writer today, which can play full HD of course...sadly my ageing 19" LG flatscreen cant display 1920x1080p (4:3 limited to 1280:1024 max) :banghead:

:banana: Which BD-RE drive did you get? I'd like to get one at some point, too.

You know, that is exactly what I was planning to do with my first paycheck from the new job I have started!! Got my dream 'basket' saved at my preferred online retailer and everything!!! :banghead:

I guess I will just get the case, SSD, PSU, GPU, DVD, etc (everything but Mobo & CPU) that way I can upgrade my current system, and slot in the new chipset when I decide which one to get (or Intel decides which one it will sell me). :huh:
Might wait on the Ivy Bridge also! :beer&buddy:

Well, if you're looking for lots of computation horsepower, there is still the X58 platform to consider: it's mature, well supported and for a lot of stuff it still outguns the Sandy Bridge processors (for now). A good Asus or Gigabyte X58 motherboard will cost you less than $300 (not sure what that is in Blightey Bucks…200GBP to 250GBP?). It could cost you a whole lot less depending on your requirements. Pair that with a Core i7-930 CPU for another $300-ish and you've got a monster setup without sinking tons and tons of money (providing your graphics card and SSDs aren't insanely expensive). If I read things correctly it sounds like Intel will have this SB fiasco "solved" by March. We'll see.

oldskoolmini
02-01-2011, 08:56 PM
i have had one interesting night. it seems as if my ex has gotten a new boyfriend and has told him stuff i have supposedly done which i have never done anything to her. so now he said and i quote "im gonna knock your fat *** out of that chair and then im going to KICK YOU IN THE SKULL" looks like im gonna have a fight on my hands soon. this will be interesting.

Ragnarok
02-01-2011, 09:18 PM
This is where I'd say something like, "Try it and my attorney will make your life a living hell. You'll do jail time and you will lose everything - car, home, freedom - things you may not even recognize as important to you now will be gone, and your life will be empty and miserable. There's nothing you have that cannot be taken away from you. I'll still win. Just walk away." Even if he has a defective hamster on that wheel in his head it should make him think twice about it. I might also add, "Don't forget the things she said about me. When she ruins your life she'll probably tell the same lies about you."

It's impossible to change things now, but it's one of those cases where that old relationship should have never happened.

twisted77
02-01-2011, 09:54 PM
Hey all,

How is everyone tonight? Been a few days. I ahve been really busy with training and all. I currently have a 94.1% running average in the class. So I am fairly satisfied. The class is really tuff. They said it is like a 2yr college course in 6 weeks. Anyway, Hope all is well and no one else is banned! LOL

Ragnarok
02-01-2011, 09:58 PM
HEY, TWISTED'S HERE! Good to see you 'round. :chug: I think we're talking about giving Waterboy the heave-ho, but that's a secret.

Whoops. :lol:

The Stray Cat
02-01-2011, 09:59 PM
We are all doing good Twisted! Glad to hear class is going good, you should be half way there now right?

twisted77
02-01-2011, 10:06 PM
Yea I am in my third week, man I didn't really realize that I hadn't been on like nearly 3 weeks. Well maybe once. All I really have time for is to sleep and study. And I really don't have much time to sleep.

Waterboy??? AAAhhhh you guys aren't serious? He never starts anything.

I did get my UA rig out the other day down here at the hotel and the guys here thought I was playing with "MY toy" until I told them the money that was in it and the time. LOL Then they all wanted one. Imagine that.

Bryce

Ragnarok
02-01-2011, 10:15 PM
RE Waterboy - No, I'm not serious. :lol:

pardonmyn00b
02-02-2011, 05:25 AM
No class today, the weather is too threatening.:excited:

Ragnarok
02-02-2011, 08:33 AM
Hello, Mr. Thompson.

pardonmyn00b
02-02-2011, 08:35 AM
Oooh Ice Creamville!

The Stray Cat
02-02-2011, 08:36 AM
Yep they closed all of the schools here today because the weather men were all sayinghow bad it was going to be today, It was sunny and 36 degrees when I left for work, we are getting a little snow now, but that's normal here from Oct to May.

pardonmyn00b
02-02-2011, 08:40 AM
It's not really bad here either, had some freezing rain last night. It was almost 40 when I went out to clear the driveway. They cancelled evening classes last night and this morning. When I woke up it was updated to campus closed all day. We must be getting more soon? Temperature has dropped to 28 already. Danger!

Ragnarok
02-02-2011, 08:44 AM
What the hell? Has the US become a huge gaggle of pansies? (Not you guys - I'm taking about the Nancies I see one TV.) Parts of the country become Alaska for a few weeks and the populous and the media start wetting their pants in terror, screaming "Apocalypse! Apocalypse!" while they struggle in vain to find a virgin to sacrifice to a volcano. Yeah, I know it's particularly unpleasant for those that aren't used to it, but Holy Crud! The gross majority of the country that's "under winter assault" will still have flowers blooming in March like normal. Our icefield up here won't be gone until May 1st (like normal).

:juggster:

pardonmyn00b
02-02-2011, 08:46 AM
Yes, everyone has become frightened of life. One of the local news stations here has a "threat meter" or something to the tune of that to scare humans. The soul purpose of the news is to make everyone panic.

Ragnarok
02-02-2011, 08:49 AM
Well, if they don't sell panic they don't have an audience. No audience, no sponsors. No sponsors, no money. No money, no news media telling us how to think, act, eat, live, pray.

Sounds like a damn good plan to me. Look away and they'll cease to exist. :bomb:

pardonmyn00b
02-02-2011, 08:53 AM
Like the song Paul Anka sang in Treehouse of Horror (10 or 11?) "Just don't look, just don't look"

The Stray Cat
02-02-2011, 08:57 AM
We haven't had temps above 28 until today for along time!:confused:

Ragnarok
02-02-2011, 09:10 AM
Like the song Paul Anka sang in Treehouse of Horror (10 or 11?) "Just don't look, just don't look"
Exactly.
http://hvx-rc.com/forumstuff/ani/ani-simpdragnet.gif
Lard Lad making the Godzilla roar was my favorite part in that vignette. :lol:

We haven't had temps above 28 until today for along time!:confused:
Weather is a dynamic, goofy thing. If you have to assign blame, though…blame Canada. :boxin:

The Stray Cat
02-02-2011, 09:19 AM
I ahte the way the News is today, a guy a know through work, works out of Ohio somewhere near Cleveland and one of the stations there yesterday was calling this "Death Storm 2011" WTF! I understand when its bad and the states aren't used to it like the south. More becasue they do not possess the tools to properly take care of it. However any state up north should be ready to go and not really too concerned. THe media hyped this storm up so badly that businesses and schools closed before even seeing the weather for real.

Ragnarok
02-02-2011, 09:22 AM
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Zbb34ixU5OM

^ No longer an exaggeration.

pardonmyn00b
02-02-2011, 09:43 AM
DEATH STORM!^_^

The forecast calls for a 75% chance of hilarity.

Edit:
My friend in Chicago just sent me this pic of his car. The deadliness is coming our way! Everyone hide!
http://i53.tinypic.com/wjz0xe.jpg

The Stray Cat
02-02-2011, 09:47 AM
DEATH STORM!^_^

I gotta tell you something your comment made me think of. Last night I was watching te news with Mrs. Kozak, and they were showing highlights from the storm around the country. Anyway they show overweight lady all bundles up getting ready to cross the street, as soon as she stepped down she lost her balance and went sliding on her fat belly across he road! I :rolling::lolbeat::D so bad my throat hurt. Not that I have anything against heavy people because it could have been a skinny person. I was laughing at the fact that what news editor says lets show the the clip of the fat lady bouncing across the road to show how bad the storm is.

pardonmyn00b
02-02-2011, 09:49 AM
Lol, how would you like to be the fat man/woman sliding down the street on the news? It's so dangerous out that fat people are falling down.

The Stray Cat
02-02-2011, 09:52 AM
Lol, how would you like to be the fat man/woman sliding down the street on the news? It's so dangerous out that fat people are falling down.

I felt bad for the woman because, not that anyone could've, but what if she was recognized or saw herself on the news doing that. How embarrasing.

The wind in Chicago is so bad the fat people can't even stand up, anyone weighing in under 280lbs is sternly warned not to venture outside.:crazy:

primus2010
02-02-2011, 10:26 AM
I felt bad for the woman because, not that anyone could've, but what if she was recognized or saw herself on the news doing that. How embarrasing.

The wind in Chicago is so bad the fat people can't even stand up, anyone weighing in under 280lbs is sternly warned not to venture outside.:crazy:

Oh that is a great quote to read when you first wake up! LOL

We had a balmy 8 degrees this morning....and clear. Still haven't tapped out of the teens yet. Wouldn't be so bad if the wind was a constant 5 to 10 mph, cuts through to the bone. Darn that global warming and making me wear 5x more layers than normal :lolbeat:

tempra007
02-02-2011, 10:54 AM
DEATH STORM!^_^

Edit:
My friend in Chicago just sent me this pic of his car. The deadliness is coming our way! Everyone hide!
http://i53.tinypic.com/wjz0xe.jpg

can you send some of that over here to the UK?

I want snow :eek::eek::excited:

actually on second thoughts England grounds to a halt with 20 cm of snow

Oggy
02-02-2011, 11:38 AM
England grounds to a halt with 20 cm of snow

don't you meen 2 cm

Lee
02-02-2011, 11:53 AM
don't you meen 2 cm

*0.2cm

76jeep
02-02-2011, 12:06 PM
i think you might be thinking of france coming to a hault with 2cm of snow

The Stray Cat
02-02-2011, 12:14 PM
Pretty much anywhere over there comes to a halt, they don't have the snow removal tools and their roads are made for it.

Lee
02-02-2011, 12:35 PM
our road seems to resemble your standard burger salesmans face in the 'states. pock-marked and with braces holding it together.

The Stray Cat
02-02-2011, 12:39 PM
our road seems to resemble your standard burger salesmans face in the 'states. pock-marked and with braces holding it together.

:D:lolbeat::rolling: SOunds about right. But we don't call them burgersalesman over here Lee, if you work in that industry you're a Burger Flipper, no matter what job you might actually do!:rolling:

76jeep
02-02-2011, 12:47 PM
the correct poltical term is airborn beef specialist

Lee
02-02-2011, 01:03 PM
yeah, i was trying to inject abit more glamour :nice:
i heard you can actually get qualifications working in macdonalds over here.

76jeep
02-02-2011, 01:06 PM
you can some Mcdonalds will send you to a culinary arts school

LondonF350
02-02-2011, 01:12 PM
Well, if you're looking for lots of computation horsepower, there is still the X58 platform to consider: it's mature, well supported and for a lot of stuff it still outguns the Sandy Bridge processors (for now). A good Asus or Gigabyte X58 motherboard will cost you less than $300 (not sure what that is in Blightey Bucks…200GBP to 250GBP?). It could cost you a whole lot less depending on your requirements. Pair that with a Core i7-930 CPU for another $300-ish and you've got a monster setup without sinking tons and tons of money (providing your graphics card and SSDs aren't insanely expensive). If I read things correctly it sounds like Intel will have this SB fiasco "solved" by March. We'll see.

The thing is, the i7 2600k is faster. And cheaper. Almost as fast a 980x (faster than everything but anyway), and a third of the price. And it manages to do so while consuming less power. It's so tempting as a combination I was really looking forward to building a Sandy Bridge system.
Let's see how fast they manage to 'fix' it! :huh:

Ragnarok
02-02-2011, 03:12 PM
actually on second thoughts England grounds to a halt with 20 cm of snow

don't you meen 2 cm

*0.2cm

This just in: LULZ.

Ragnarok
02-02-2011, 03:23 PM
The thing is, the i7 2600k is faster. And cheaper. Almost as fast a 980x (faster than everything but anyway), and a third of the price. And it manages to do so while consuming less power. It's so tempting as a combination I was really looking forward to building a Sandy Bridge system.
Let's see how fast they manage to 'fix' it! :huh:

The Core i7-2600K is about the same price as the Core i7-930, and the 2600K definitely has the advantage in having a lower TDP Wattage (like you said) and incredible overclocking (the 920/930 were pretty impressive as it is). Another advantage would be that SB is at the beginning of its platform life, whereas the X58 lineup is coming to a close this year. However, the 930 has the advantage of being purchaseable. I was only suggesting a 930 if you were looking for something still pretty robust in the interim and were considering jumping to Ivy Bridge later on, which could make the Sandy Bridge look like an old Z80. :chug:

If you can hold on it's probably the best and most prudent thing to do. I'm sure SB will be back before long. Intel isn't known for a long string of defective launches, so hopefully it's just a minor hiccup for us on the consumer side of things. For them, though, it's pretty tough so they have to get things back on track ASAP. In fact this article may shed some light on what's going down: http://techreport.com/discussions.x/20344 Specifically this line…Gigabyte plans to release "brand-new" motherboards based on Intel's corrected B3 chipset stepping, which the mobo maker expects to be available in volume by April. There's no word on whether these new boards will simply feature the updated chipset or if they'll incorporate further changes. We were a little disappointed with the P67A-UD4 motherboard we reviewed last month, and Gigabyte would do well to use this time to tweak the formula.

Ragnarok
02-02-2011, 09:37 PM
Lee, got another one for you. :blink: It's called Xenon from Ice Gear. It's another full-on production workstation, sort of akin to Akai Pro's SynthStation and Blip Interactive's NanoStudio.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=1MRcbnL_8zY
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=E0_ARe1EYYo

It has several different synthesizers within it and a bunch of other functions:
Monophonic analog modeling synth.
Polyphonic PCM synth.
Polyphonic "Hybrid" synth, which amounts to a combination of the app's synthesis techniques into one instrument. There's PCM and analog modeling plus two types they don't offer as individual instruments: FM and formant synthesis. It has two oscillators (with ring modulation available on OSC2), five different types of filters, four LFOs, and eight (!) envelopes. FREAK-O-TRONIC SONIC ANIMATION!
Pattern sequencer.
Song sequencer (aka. "real" sequencer). This allows real-time recording.
Six track "rhythm machine". I assume this is some kind of drum machine.
5-channel mixer.
Modulation FX (ie. delay, etc.).

So far, sonically, I prefer what I'm hearing out of NLogSynth Pro, but this would work fine for other styles or something to vary one's tone palette. The UI looks like if Ableton Live had been designed by Designers Republic - the same guys behind the first WipeOut games' look. (Which would be a monumental improvement from Ableton's current UI look, which reminds me of Mondrian meets, I dunno, a box of lint I suppose.) And it's cheap, too. $5/£2.99. :nice: I tell you, the iPad paired with a good MIDI controller has become a must-buy for synth-heads. I need two so's I can's run two different instruments simultaneously. :mad:

Spoon37
02-03-2011, 07:51 AM
Which BD-RE drive did you get? I'd like to get one at some point, too.

well I saw an LG in PC world... it was only a Blue Ray-ROM + DVD-RW for £129.99...I wanted a re-writer for preference and they didnt have any - so I went online to my favourite UK based online store www.overclockers.co.uk - who had the exact same drive for £59.99, and the RW version for £89.99 so I nabbed that.

or if you prefer: http://www.overclockers.co.uk/showproduct.php?prodid=CD-107-LG&groupid=701&catid=10&subcat=314 < That one, although I notice the price went up to £91.99 since I got one lol(mine arrived on tuesday this week :blink: )

However due to windows(the ones you look out of in your house...not software :P ) being ripped out and replaced on tues + tidying up yesterday and today I havent installed it so no idea how it performs. Will be installing it later today I think.

On the note of PC upgrades I did consider the whole buying a new system/building a new system which is what I did last time, but it was gonna be pricey and frankly the technology isnt where I want it at the moment: CPU/Ram etc isnt too bad, but SSD hard disks are fast and small or not much bigger and expensive, monitors are a bit mixed, some types are better for stills and photo editing, others are great for fast frames and gaming(I do both so...???), and graphics cards are also mixed currently - yes they are awesome for Dx10 games, but DirectX 11 is available and I would say at this point they are barely scratching the surface of whats possible, even if you go to the expense a Nvidia GeForce 580 or a ATi Radeon HD 6970(or even triple SLi, or triple crossfire). So I'm upgrading piece by piece hopefully a good SSD HDD over 256GB at very high read/write speeds and a decent DX11 gfx card later on.

In other news I mentioned problems with DC Universe Online? seems there was a small patch yesterday(or possibly tuesday as I was unable to get to my PC for much of the day) a mere 7.0mb which seems to have mostly cured the issues(now stuff appears to take damage within a second of me hitting it rather than a couple of minutes)...however it was ill disguised as so many folk logged on to see the changes the whole server was lagged out and gotham city managed to crash...:lol:

Other than that afternoon all! :tea:

Ragnarok
02-03-2011, 08:59 AM
That same BD-RE drive goes for $100 at NewEgg. It's really popular. I've considered it or Pioneer's current unit (http://www.newegg.com/Product/Product.aspx?Item=N82E16827129061) that goes for $30 more. It's a little faster (12X vs 10X in BD-R mode) and has a 4MB buffer vs 2MB for the LG. I've had two Pioneer optical drives in the past and loved them. When I have the money and decide to pull the trigger, I'll be getting one or the other.

Pioneer also has a BDXL drive that's available in limited circles. It's capable of burning onto 8-layer media. Considering that, its price of $200 isn't that bad. If I wait a while and the price on it drops I may just get it for the sake of future-proofing my rig. Not that I'd be buying 8-layer media - that probably costs what the drive does just for one disc. :blink:

For my Mac, BluRay burners are only good for data archiving - the Great and Powerful Jobs doesn't want BluRay movies on the Mac for some inexplicable reason. Freakin' techno-Marxist. All the more reason to have a multi-boot machine.

Lee
02-03-2011, 11:50 AM
yo rag, theyre sick. ill start checkig prices on these. not that i can afford anything more than £0.00.
I just accidentaly bought this-
http://www.apexmodels.com/gbu0-prodshow/RET2009.html

THE_JOKER
02-03-2011, 12:28 PM
/\/\/\ Nice!

Lee
02-03-2011, 12:50 PM
the only thing comforting me about the cost is that its a relatively rare body and comes with £10's worth of wheels.
cant wait to get it, will at last have a drifter:D

THE_JOKER
02-03-2011, 12:59 PM
Nice bit of cash for a body too if you feed it to the wall lol.

Lee
02-03-2011, 01:46 PM
which is likely seeing as it will be rwd with lipo! :nice:

THE_JOKER
02-03-2011, 01:47 PM
Never touched Lipo before......frankly i have no clue about it, and the fire/explosion stories i hear/read put me off lol.

LondonF350
02-03-2011, 01:49 PM
When they re-release Sandy Bridge, I hope there is an easy way to tell which boards/chips are the new 'fixed' ones. I would be scared of buying one of the old dodgy ones! :huh:

Lee
02-03-2011, 01:50 PM
put me off first aswell. i ignored all my negative thoughts and bought two anyway, seriously theyre awesome for the extra power and coming down in price:nice:
as long as you run them with a low voltage cutoff and aren't stupid with them they'll be fine.

THE_JOKER
02-03-2011, 01:50 PM
Sandy bridge? sounds like the local tart.

@Lee, yeah i suppose, though for now im gonna stick with the oldskool Nimh fo sho! lol

Ragnarok
02-03-2011, 02:35 PM
When they re-release Sandy Bridge, I hope there is an easy way to tell which boards/chips are the new 'fixed' ones. I would be scared of buying one of the old dodgy ones! :huh:
I think the reason that pretty much all motherboard makers are pulling boards from shelves and halting production is to avoid such an occurrence. I suspect several companies will add something like "Revision 2" or V2 or increase some nomenclature value by one to indicate that the new boards will be packing the new corrected chipsets. Gigabyte has added "Rev. 2" to the names of some of their X58 'boards that they have updated in some significant manner (like the addition of USB3.0 to their GA-X58A-UD5).

Sandy bridge? sounds like the local tart.

Unfortunately since the term "screwed" is now synonymous with Sandy Bridge it will only add more to the confusion.

THE_JOKER
02-03-2011, 02:38 PM
I can confirm it has...lulz

Ragnarok
02-03-2011, 07:56 PM
Holycrapholycrapholycrapholycrapholycrapholycrap…

Not to hammer on the iPad theme too much, but how's this for a custom iPad keyboard controller?

This guy's been making custom one-off controllers based on the Doepfer MKE platform (MIDI Keyboard Electronics) and USB64 electronics, as well as Fatar three- and four-octave actions for a while now. It's been giving me a combination of envy and inspiration for my own controller project.

Here's the gentleman's website: www.synth-project.de

Ragnarok
02-03-2011, 10:41 PM
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=R55e-uHQna0

THE_JOKER
02-04-2011, 03:09 AM
NASA called........they want their equipment back :huh:

Spoon37
02-04-2011, 03:53 AM
wow... thats a bit over the top for an ipad accessory :lol:

Ragnarok
02-04-2011, 08:19 AM
I dunno. Lots of synthesists know how to use all of those knobs. Not sure I would. If I were designing it I'd have a tough time deciding which functions to keep and which to omit, which is one of the frustrations I'm having in designing my own as I'm trying to keep it as universal as possible. It has a lot more surface area available to me than the instrument I posted. Synths like Omnisphere or Zebra have so many functions that if a person were to replicate all of the functions that are in software into hardware controllers you'd need a surface the size of a dining room table. :blink: I do have a trackball in my drawings so far, so that should help some.

I think it's Synth-Project's coolest self-made controller yet. My 2nd fave is his "OP-X" controller.

Ragnarok
02-04-2011, 08:35 AM
Gigabyte is saying late Febtober for the new B3 chipsets to be available to manufacturers and late April for Sandy Bridge motherboards to be available in retail channels. Source. (http://www.pcper.com/comments.php?nid=9713) That's about as hard-fast a date as I've seen for when SB gear will be available again. :wave:

LondonF350
02-04-2011, 01:19 PM
Cool. Thanks for the info Ragster! :chug:

Lee
02-04-2011, 02:58 PM
just watching gran torino. Never realised how awesome clint eastwood is, even at his current age.

Ragnarok
02-04-2011, 03:08 PM
Just like District 9 the foul language ruined it for me. Under that was a really interesting modern reinterpretation of The Shootist. I agree that Eastwood's acting was really good.

The Stray Cat
02-04-2011, 03:12 PM
I would have to agree, that there isn't many actors out there that compare. Of course his style of acting is usually similar in all films, but he is still good. IMO the actor that can portray any character that he is given convincingly would be Johnny Depp. Not that all of his movies are great but he is an incredible actor. A close second would be Viggo!

Lee
02-04-2011, 03:12 PM
Just like District 9 .

Bloody prawns eh!
Foul language doesn't bother me much in films, but if im with someone walking down a street and they start swearing left right center ill get annoyed.
Ive never watched a Clint Eastwood film before, I think. Need to watch more now.

The Stray Cat
02-04-2011, 03:20 PM
@Rag, did you get to see the other guys yet? Your comment about the fast and the furious 7 made me think of it. I won't ruin it if you haven't seen it, but all I wll say is the tour bus scene in the opening with the super cops!

Ragnarok
02-04-2011, 03:21 PM
Bloody prawns eh!
Foul language doesn't bother me much in films, but if im with someone walking down a street and they start swearing left right center ill get annoyed.
Ive never watched a Clint Eastwood film before, I think. Need to watch more now.

RE D9 - that non-stop usage of the F-word drove me crazy. I don't like the word.

One of the more interesting and often forgotten CE movies that's kinda interesting is Bronco Billy. There was once scene in it I didn't find too compelling (he's on the make for his new assistant). Space Cowboys was okay if you can deal with Donald Sutherland's constant whoring. Pale Rider was pretty good and was a rework of Shane, a superior film that's worth the time finding, too.

I've never watched the so-called "Man with No Name" trilogy. Some would say it's a good place to start. I've only seen the first of the Dirty Harry movies.

Ragnarok
02-04-2011, 03:22 PM
@Rag, did you get to see the other guys yet? Your comment about the fast and the furious 7 made me think of it. I won't ruin it if you haven't seen it, but all I wll say is the tour bus scene in the opening with the super cops!

My little bro has told me about the bus scene. :lol: I'm looking forward to picking it up next payday.

The Stray Cat
02-04-2011, 03:24 PM
The beginning has a little bit of swearing in it, but once you get past the first 5-10 minutes its all very low key and even the beginning isn't as bad as D-9 was.

Oggy
02-05-2011, 01:12 AM
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=wJh2HtGNBDw&NR=1

THE_JOKER
02-05-2011, 02:05 AM
Never realised how awesome clint eastwood is, even at his current age.

Wheres the smiley for a baseball bat to the teeth???

lol kidding, cant believe you aint seen any of his other films! one good one if you like classic war films but with humour too, is "Kellys Heroes" well pretty much anything with clint in it, is great actually :lol:

LondonF350
02-05-2011, 10:16 AM
Gran Torino was a pretty great film! :nice:

Just watched the A Team... got a bit bored about half way through! :huh: The action was great, but it felt over-long to me!! :dunno:

The Stray Cat
02-05-2011, 10:22 AM
Gran Torino was a pretty great film! :nice:

Just watched the A Team... got a bit bored about half way through! :huh: The action was great, but it felt over-long to me!! :dunno:

I loved the A Team movie, from start to finish. Its funny how some films are to people, I got bored about 1/4 of the way into Avatar.

Ragnarok
02-05-2011, 10:27 AM
I've never watched Avatar and I hated it before it hit the theaters. :kick:

THE_JOKER
02-05-2011, 11:22 AM
Sherlock Holmes any good? ive never tried a blue ray before an thought i would dive into one on my next buy, an i was looking at ol' Shirley.

Ragnarok
02-05-2011, 11:29 AM
I've heard it's good, but I haven't seen it yet myself. :nice:

THE_JOKER
02-05-2011, 11:40 AM
Cool, i seen a trailer a while back but then forgot all about the film, anyways, i guess if its cheap enough i'll dive in for a gamble.

The Stray Cat
02-05-2011, 01:05 PM
Cool, i seen a trailer a while back but then forgot all about the film, anyways, i guess if its cheap enough i'll dive in for a gamble.

Sherlock Holmes was a great movie, lots of cool stuff in that flick! Definitely worth the buy. I've watched it several times already.

THE_JOKER
02-05-2011, 02:02 PM
Cool, sold!........if i dont like it.....its your fault lol.

The Stray Cat
02-05-2011, 02:58 PM
Cool, sold!........if i dont like it.....its your fault lol.

I'll accept blame, but not financial responsibility!:beer&buddy:

THE_JOKER
02-05-2011, 03:00 PM
lol, you sound like your gonna send that in writing requesting a signature my end :lol:

The Stray Cat
02-05-2011, 09:42 PM
lol, you sound like your gonna send that in writing requesting a signature my end :lol:

You should be expecting to receive the official document within a few days.

primus2010
02-06-2011, 12:31 AM
I'll be a witness in stating that Sherlock Holmes was a good flick, I have it floating around somewhere, only watched once, think I shall watch it again.

THE_JOKER
02-06-2011, 02:38 AM
Gonna get it tomorrow :chug: an Rock, with my postman, make that a few months lol.

Ragnarok
02-06-2011, 01:42 PM
I can't get the Super Bowl here (that particular channel's signal is too weak for our receiver). I only watch for the ads anyway - I'm not a sports fan. I will watch Winter Olympics stuff and any non-oval track racing that I stumble upon, but that's about it.

I'm hitting up YouTube for the currently published Super Bowl ads. :chug:

twisted77
02-06-2011, 03:06 PM
I just watched Sherlock again the other night for about the tenth time! great movie.

Rag, I am getting ready to go to this place called "the Twisted Kilt" Kinda like a Hooters with a Irish theme. Never been but the guys in my class say it is ten times better than Hooters. that is were I am going to watch the Bowl.

Ragnarok
02-06-2011, 03:22 PM
I've never been to a breastraunt. :thinking:

I have seen the new trailer for Cowboys and Aliens. Could be interesting. I don't know why Olivia Wilde is naked in front of a bunch of guys around a camp fire, though. :nono:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=SR8FuObaPWo
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=of47B4vSn04

Ragnarok
02-06-2011, 05:17 PM
Super Bowl 2011 Ads - updated in realtime as they air.

http://www.youtube.com/adblitz

I loathe Eminem, but his Lipton's Brisk ad is pretty cool/funny. Looks like a Will Vinton production. (He did all of the older Brisk ads that had parodies of movies and sports figures, and is better known for The California Raisins and the underrated TV show "The PJs".)

Ragnarok
02-06-2011, 05:44 PM
Holy crud! :lol: Peter Stomare in that "old west" Budweiser ad. (Stomare was the lab technician in the VW "Un-Pimp ze Auto" campaign, and was in Minority Report, Chocolat, and Nacho Libré). :rolling:

Motorola's Xoom ad was a TITANIC slam on Apple. Apple had the best-known Super Bowl ad of all time (directed by Ridley Scott) that depicted this disturbingly-similar-path-of-the-present Orwellian world run by a Big Brother-type that…nevermind, here's the ad from Apple in 1984:
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=l3jjKuTAPHA

…and here's Motorola's from today:
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ATmM_QQyuuo

Not as poigniant, but it suggests that Apple is the new Lord of Conformity.

Ragnarok
02-06-2011, 06:00 PM
Okay, TF3 Trailer:
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=iTG95T1hsxQ

Ragnarok
02-06-2011, 06:05 PM
The Doritos ad with the guy sucking the cheese off his fellow worker's fingers was totally queer. :kick:

2k2cse
02-06-2011, 06:11 PM
I like the doritos one with the dog, and the guy taunting it from behind the glass door :lol:

Soo, the new chevy Cruze got facebook status updates through onstar...what is the world coming to?

Ragnarok
02-06-2011, 06:19 PM
I think that when a person lets their online social activities, such as Facebook, Twitter, MySpace, etc., become so dominant in their life, even to the point of choosing a car that allows them to enchain themselves even closer to that online state of unrealism, they've entered into a newly unexplored realm of preternatural narcissism.

In case that was poorly structured, all I said was "that's bad, m-kay." :nice:

2k2cse
02-06-2011, 06:31 PM
m-kay :lol:

I definately agree with you. Facebook is becoming more overrated that pants. If someone buys a car for its facebook abilities, I highly doubt they're gonna have to worry about how a first date went. People are becoming way to addicted to Facebook. Remember first when Blackberry's came out, and everybody started callin them crackberries? I think Face book is soon gonna become facecrack...wait..that didn't sound right.. :blink:

Ragnarok
02-06-2011, 06:40 PM
Close enough. :lol:

I know I posted the teaser for TF: DotM a few moments ago, but I hadn't watched it yet - I was downloading it. Just watched it. :omg:

THIS looks like what movie one should have been: the Earth at near total annihilation. Prime is sporting jet parts again, but they're not SR71 parts. I know that he has his trailer in this film, so it's possible that the jet parts are actually part of his trailer. Shockwave and Megatron aren't in the teaser that I can tell. I've gone through it frame-by-frame (I'm pathetic :lol:) and can't see them. BUT there is some kind of dragon 'bot (Decepticon, I'm sure - and will be as close to a Dinobot as we'll see in this trilogy) and some kind of tentacled thing shredding a city boulevard. Prime just TEARS IT THE $%&@# UP in the last three seconds of the video. This teaser was better than the entire second film. :chug:

I'M SEEING THIS MOVIE!!! :mad:

PS: The gal they got to replace Toe-Thumbs is not pretty. At all. Sorry.
PPS: The Thor and Captain America trailers are online now, too. I'm not too impressed with either of them. I'll wait for their home video releases.

Patella
02-06-2011, 06:41 PM
I could have sung better than the black eyed peas. Oh my god that was ear poison.

2k2cse
02-06-2011, 06:45 PM
As strange as Fox's thumb is, shes still pretty hot hanging off the hood of a dirty old camaro :drool:

Ragnarok
02-06-2011, 06:51 PM
I'm a little ashamed to admit it, but yes - that was pretty hot. She couldn't act worth sour apples, but that's not why she was hired. She was the movie's hood ornament. And now the new hood ornament is (likely) neither a decent actress nor attractive. I don't care who she works for or what she does, being a Victoria's Secret model doesn't automatically mean she's sexy.

2k2cse
02-06-2011, 07:02 PM
I think im probably going to pass on tf3, unless i'm bored some night after its released on dvd, and i have nothing better to do. For some reason, its not as appealing now as it was when i was young and watched the cartoons on tv every saturday morning <_<

Ragnarok
02-06-2011, 07:08 PM
As much as I know some of it will suck royally, I'm still psyched. Bay acknowledged that the second one blew like a Noreaster. That admission alone tells me that he's at least trying harder this time around. I hope they abstain from the masturbation and sex jokes in this one - but it's Bay we're talking about here. Gotta wade through some crap in order to get to anything enjoyable.

Regarding Rosie: No…just…no.
She's simply another typical flavor-of-the-month "I'm having an anaphylactic reaction to my lipstick again" stick-woman to which hair and clothing have been applied. If she didn't have any paint on at all she'd border on something considered misshapen and terrifying. Maybe it's just her expression, I dunno, but it looks like her upper lip is trying to escape her face by way of her nostrils.

But then again, they can't cast an actress that would upstage incessant Shia's "whoa-whoa-whoa-whoa-whoa-whoa-whoa-whoa-whoa-whoa-whoa-"gasms. The shallower and more stick-like the better, I guess.

2k2cse
02-06-2011, 07:27 PM
Wow. Her lips look bigger than Agelina Jolie's :lol:

2k2cse
02-06-2011, 07:38 PM
Really? 2 eminem commercials? I like both of them, but the chrysler one is a little on the long side.

Ragnarok
02-06-2011, 07:42 PM
Wow. Her lips look bigger than Agelina Jolie's :lol:
If you watch TF:RTFM, Fox's lips have been inflated to Goodyear Blimp size, too. It's weird looking. In the scene where she and Shia are hiding from Starscream in that little hut just before the insecticon discovers them, it's like she's afraid for them to touch each other. It's like someone afraid of stepping on a land mine - if they touch the whole room will explode or something.
Really? 2 eminem commercials? I like both of them, but the chrysler one is a little on the long side.

Yeah, I would actually argue that the Chrysler one was ridiculous. The "town that's been to hell and back" hasn't come back at all. Gov. Granholm's heavy-handed taxation and budget-murdering entitlements made sure of that. It's farther down the road to hell than it's ever been. The whole thing is spurious.

pardonmyn00b
02-06-2011, 07:46 PM
The Doritos ad with the guy sucking the cheese off his fellow worker's fingers was totally queer. :kick:
That was super homosexual. If waterboy was still alive, he would've really liked it.

Ragnarok
02-06-2011, 07:51 PM
Wow. :lol:

2k2cse
02-06-2011, 07:58 PM
:lol: at diddy in the mercedes commercial.

The little beetle in the vdub commercial moves just as fast as the original volkswagen :p

Ragnarok
02-06-2011, 09:20 PM
NOOOOOOOOOOOOO!!!!!!!

Rumor: Robin Will Be in THE DARK KNIGHT RISES (http://collider.com/robin-the-dark-knight-rises/74744/)

http://hvx-rc.com/forumstuff/general/no-gojira.jpg

If true this is a HUGE setback in my opinion. I truly hope that it's a rumor and not true. Even Christian Bale said he refused to play the part of Batman if Robin was included.

So it's one of two scenarios: someone's talking out their butt (motivation as to why is unimportant), or Bale's bank account was inflated enough to change his mind. Unless Nolan was able to come up with some kind of treatment for the story where Robin might actually work, I think it's part of the BS Express.

Okay, I feel better now. I'm glad I talked myself down from that one. :lolbeat:

The Stray Cat
02-06-2011, 09:30 PM
I would guess that the RObin part is false BS made up by some fan-boy with a big imagination. They have done well so far with staying close to the Dark Knight comics and throwing Robin in will make it too cartoony.

TF3 looks good, I am stoked for THe Cowboys & Aliens flick!

Ragnarok
02-07-2011, 12:07 AM
The "dragon" Decepticon I mentioned before is Laserbeak! :excited:

71964 (http://3.bp.blogspot.com/_G96gxvrHqrE/TU9kWLLh4mI/AAAAAAAAKfg/APa4vZ1Vnhw/s1600/TF3SuperbowlScreenshot6.jpg)

Ian
02-07-2011, 02:45 AM
Holy picture size :blink:

Ragnarok
02-07-2011, 07:26 AM
I saved the pic, resized it, uploaded it as an attachment, but kept the link to the larger pic. So click on the image if you want to see the sucka in full-size.

The Stray Cat
02-07-2011, 07:45 AM
I hope as far as the Captain America goes that they stay true to the comic they did for it back ten years ago.

I really don't like the way they are making Thor an earth bound guy who discovers the hammer and becomes Thor.

Ragnarok
02-07-2011, 07:59 AM
That's not quite right, but based on what little the Super Bowl trailer showed it would be really easy to come to that conclusion. :nice: The old trailer that was bootlegged from last summer's Comic-Con showed a lot more that can clarify who/what Thor is.

Thor is Thor, son of Odin, and his mailing address is somewhere in Valhalla at the beginning. He's guilty of vanity and arrogance, so Papa Odin sends him to Earth as a form of punishment. He has to learn humility and earn Mjolnir, etc., etc. At least that's what I gathered from the trailer. I need to find the video file on my computer so I can review it.

There is, supposedly, a leaked script that's been partially posted online. A decent synopsis is here: http://movies.cosmicbooknews.com/content/thor-movie-review-script-spoilers-leaked
It has a lot more detail than my ham-fisted attempt. There's also a much longer trailer than the one shown at the SB that's at the bottom of the page.

The Stray Cat
02-07-2011, 08:13 AM
Well that's good, from the SB trailer it looks like he is just on earth normally then finds Mjolnir and becomes Thor. Thor has always been one of those characters that I hate sometimes and like other times depending on how he is drawn and how he is used in the comics.

I've always liked Steve Rogers, Capt America, so I hope that the film is good. I think Marvel might be pushing them to get released just so they can go ahead with their huge budget Avengers movie.

Ragnarok
02-07-2011, 08:27 AM
Well that's good, from the SB trailer it looks like he is just on earth normally then finds Mjolnir and becomes Thor.I totally agree. It's a real disservice to the film because of that. Just the same, I have no allusions that the movie will be good. If it's as good, or hopefully, marginally better than the first Iron Man, then I'll get it when it hits Blu-Ray.

Thor has always been one of those characters that I hate sometimes and like other times depending on how he is drawn and how he is used in the comics. I can understand that completely because the way he was written his comics were some kind of stilted, pretentious psuedo-Shakespeareian crap. I should clarify that I was never a comic book guy at all. I was a Hulk fan when I was really little because I enjoyed the TV show. I tried to get into the Hulk comics, but I just really didn't enjoy them. Personally, I would have liked to have seen a huge-budget, historical-fantasy LotR-style treatment of Thor, but that wouldn't be the weird, sci-fi Marvel Thor that most people would want. Rather, it would be Thor of The Edda, the Thor of old Norse myth. Now, that I would DEFINITELY go see, but I'm positive it will never happen. Too much confusion with the Marvel Thor and there would be potential legal issues with Disney/Marvel.

I've always liked Steve Rogers, Capt America, so I hope that the film is good. I think Marvel might be pushing them to get released just so they can go ahead with their huge budget Avengers movie.
I don't have high hopes for this one either, but I really want it to be good. I saw a couple of frames of Hugo Weaving as Red Skull in the trailer, and the makeup was danged incredible. :blink:

The Stray Cat
02-07-2011, 08:39 AM
Redskull does look very cool in this, and like I said if they stick the Cap comic that this 1940 esque Cap is based on it might come out alright. On a side note I heard they are making a Ghost Rider 2, :shoot: I really like the character, but the movie and Nic Cage completely ruined it for me. Of course Marvel has let several people ruin the Punisher character also, I believe there have been three Punisher Movies, and all of them were pretty awful.

2k2cse
02-07-2011, 01:17 PM
Wal mart is useless. I walk in one today to look for a snow shovel cause of an expected storm tomorrow, and all i have is a tiny emergency one in the trunk of my car. Anyways, as i walk down to the garden centre where I have seen shovels all winter, I see lawnmowers, bbqs, patio furniture, and everything else for summer. No snow shovels. Same deal when i went to Canadian Tire just across the street..actually, they had some emergency folding car shovels, and one big shovel that looked like its been to hell and back <_< Its February 7th, still in the middle of winter..actually, winter is only just beginning here, and they've got friggin lawnmowers out, and not one snow shovel in sight?? I swear they think just because 2010 is over, winter is over too. Maybe i sould just get a lawnmower to get rid of the snow and all the other crap in my parking spot. I'm glad I live in an apartment building, and i'm only responsible for shovelling one parking spot.

The Stray Cat
02-07-2011, 01:33 PM
Well as an ex-manager of Wal-mart, it's not a store level problem. The problem comes from the bone heads sitting in Arkansas. I use to be a manager over their Tire shop which included the automotive crap inside the store. At the end of January in Western NEw York, we had tons of car wax and wash, but had to store transfer rock salt from a southern store. Friggin idiots!

krawlRC
02-07-2011, 01:36 PM
i've been watching this thread for ages before i became a member, i hope to one day be cool enough to participate. 'Til then, i'll just keep watching (and laughing). ....just sayin.

The Stray Cat
02-07-2011, 01:44 PM
I'm sorry, in order to join this thread you have to be cooler than Brian Johnson from "The Breakfast Club" and I don't know if you can compete with such coolness!:wacko:

THE_JOKER
02-07-2011, 01:48 PM
Either that or clinically insane....

Or just in the mood for tea an crumpets.

2k2cse
02-07-2011, 01:48 PM
Well as an ex-manager of Wal-mart, it's not a store level problem. The problem comes from the bone heads sitting in Arkansas. I use to be a manager over their Tire shop which included the automotive crap inside the store. At the end of January in Western NEw York, we had tons of car wax and wash, but had to store transfer rock salt from a southern store. Friggin idiots!

Its stupid. The places that need certain things, never have them, yet places that dont need them so much, have plenty of it. Rock salt is another thing i've had a lot of trouble with this winter. I'm going to school about 4 hours away from my home. I only just got a new car about 3 weeks ago since I wrote my truck off just before christmas. A couple days after i get the car, we have a storm, and after I shovel out my spot, there's about a half inch of ice covering most of my spot, which is really fun seems my assigned spot is in the corner of a 2 foot high concrete wall. So I go to the same Wal-mart to look for some salt. None there. The same Crappy Tire I went to today..none there either. All they had was that overpriced enviro ice melter crap. No way i`m payin for that. I looked at basically every other store in the city, and no salt to be found <_< I didn't get any until last weekend when i went home (4 hour trip one way) for the weekend, and got some there. There's 2 Wal-Mart's here, neither of them are overly good, but if you put them together, you could get a decent store :p

krawlRC
02-07-2011, 01:50 PM
I'm sorry, in order to join this thread you have to be cooler than Brian Johnson from "The Breakfast Club" and I don't know if you can compete with such coolness!:wacko:

that rules me out. Molly Ringworm exudes more cool than i do. :(

krawlRC
02-07-2011, 01:52 PM
as for the retail store thing, most of those big stores are always a season ahead. ever notice in august/september when its sunny and 75 degrees, you cant find a bathing suit, but they have an amazing selection of winter coats to choose from? it's not just walmart its every store just about.

The Stray Cat
02-07-2011, 02:03 PM
Well retail has five seasons, and yes they are a season ahead. That's why the "early" christmas release as its called is in September, but essentially it's like this, Holiday, (Tax time, Fitness), summer, back to school, Fall Clean up.

tempra007
02-07-2011, 02:11 PM

Brian Johnson from "The Breakfast Club"

I don't think he's as cool as this Brian Johnson!:D
http://i5.photobucket.com/albums/y195/tempra007/Brian_Johnson_002_191208.jpg
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=81VPZ9_r2PE&feature=player_embedded

I've had an Idol when I was younger, but this is the closest there was:D

The Stray Cat
02-07-2011, 02:14 PM
Brian johnson, was the character's name played by Anthony Michael Hall, otherwise known as the Nerd of the group.

Ragnarok
02-07-2011, 10:17 PM
Hey hey! Mac OS X 64-bit drivers for my audio interface were finally released! :excited: This means I can run my Hackintosh in 64-bit mode again.

Ragnarok
02-07-2011, 10:31 PM
Oh, and…

krawlRC
02-07-2011, 11:22 PM
i'm more like this rad:

http://4.bp.blogspot.com/_T2CSd_7I34s/TQbos_GEumI/AAAAAAAAAOc/IDtD_OkPyOM/s1600/ScoobyDoo%2BChia%2BPet.jpg

Oggy
02-08-2011, 04:37 AM
how to ruin a perfectly good trans am :smackbutt: :smackbutt: :smackbutt: :smackbutt:

http://cgi.ebay.com.au/PONTIAC-TRANS-M-CONVERTABLE-/140509784958?pt=AU_Cars&hash=item20b7092b7e

THE_JOKER
02-08-2011, 05:06 AM
lol 20k for it? it looks like he opened the bonnet.....lobbed a tin of purple paint in, an left it over night.

The Stray Cat
02-08-2011, 10:35 AM
What's everyone up to today? I am having another exciting day here at work.<_< I have so many other things I could be doing?

primus2010
02-08-2011, 10:49 AM
I'm fighting sore and burnt fingers from the last 4 days of non stop building :mad:

THE_JOKER
02-08-2011, 11:25 AM
Im fighting myself, an so far im losing.

Oggy
02-08-2011, 11:25 AM
i've had a great day

we got a dog :excited: :excited:

we ordered some tickets to see john bishop in sheffield :bacondance: :bacondance:

and i'm off to archery practice soon :chug: :chug:

for those that don't know who john bishop is, here's a little video

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=N9yAJKcIVxk

spankrjs
02-08-2011, 11:57 AM
Im fighting myself, an so far im losing.

Might have more fun if you play tug war with yourself instead of fighting with yourself, you will always come out a winner in the end:rolling::rolling:

sk8te-penguin
02-08-2011, 11:59 AM
HAhahaha that end bit is hilarious!

THE_JOKER
02-08-2011, 12:15 PM
Might have more fun if you play tug war with yourself instead of fighting with yourself, you will always come out a winner in the end:rolling::rolling:

I'll try that one next, sounds more fun at least lol.

The Stray Cat
02-08-2011, 12:25 PM
I'm not sure I want to hear about anyone playing with themselves. What you do in your box is your business Sk8te, lets keep it that way!:D

THE_JOKER
02-08-2011, 12:36 PM
Killjoy lol.

Ragnarok
02-08-2011, 03:12 PM
i'm more like this rad:

http://4.bp.blogspot.com/_T2CSd_7I34s/TQbos_GEumI/AAAAAAAAAOc/IDtD_OkPyOM/s1600/ScoobyDoo%2BChia%2BPet.jpg

We'll let you in for now. Consider it a probationary period. :chug:

Meanwhile, I just read this… http://techreport.com/discussions.x/20384

Here's the important part and something to add more confusion:
A VR-Zone story Ronald caught in the 'bread last week says Intel expects Ivy Bridge to outrun Sandy Bridge by a sizeable margin: 20% on the CPU side and 30% with graphics. VR-Zone also noted that Ivy Bridge CPUs will fit in the same LGA-1155 sockets, although they'll launch together with a new chipset (which, by the way, is expected to feature built-in USB 3.0 support).

The improvement over Sandy is expected, and native inclusion of USB3.0 is pretty boss, too. So…how does LGA2011 fit into all of this? If Ivy Bridge is actually LGA1155 with a different chiipset (X68 maybe?) then what the heck is going into the LGA2011 socket? Anything? I understood this was a replacement for the original Core i7 9xx CPUs, not hot-rod versions of the Core i7-2xxx. Hopefully the news we'll get at Computex this June will clarify everything.

More reading:
http://www.nordichardware.com/news/69-cpu-chipset/42305-intel-showing-22nm-ivy-bridge-cpu-at-computex-2011.html
http://vr-zone.com/articles/ivy-bridge-to-have-20-percent-performance-advantage-over-sandy-bridge/11061.html
http://vr-zone.com/articles/intel-to-show-ivy-bridge-at-computex-amd-should-launch-llano/11109.html

Bullitt
02-08-2011, 09:07 PM
How has my favorite band of misfits been? I tell you what, these busy times at work are starting to suck. I am just now starting to get caught up at work and in another 3 weeks, I might be back on track. What has been going on with me you ask? I get up, go to work, get home, eat, fall asleep, and repeat. I have not done anything RC-wise which really blows. Em just turned 2 today and it scares me that she will be boy crazy before we know it. We bought her a Barbie Mustang and I put it together Friday night. So far she loves the radio and she keeps hitting the button that makes the engine noises. :lol: I miss the camaraderie on this thread and I just had my first chance to look online and Raymond is trying to get Joker to tug himself. Ed is pretending that he is not interested, but he brought up Sk8t's box again. Rag, I enjoy the endless supply of pics that you have, but when it comes to the CPU, you lost me a Mac. :rolling: Sometimes I wonder about you guys.

Harry

The Stray Cat
02-08-2011, 09:11 PM
Harry, my brother from another mother, good to see you are still sucking air!. It's been the same lunacy here, All of us just rambling on about whatever we want to. I guess in a way it's good thing to be busy but it certainly isn't any fun!

Ragnarok
02-08-2011, 09:39 PM
Rag, I enjoy the endless supply of pics that you have, but when it comes to the CPU, you lost me a Mac. :rolling: Sometimes I wonder about you guys.

Harry

I get me brain medicine from the National 'Ealth! :lolbeat:

Sorry, it's just that the most recent Intel processor had a serious kick to the man-jewels two weeks after its launch and there's been some related discussion on the updated/fixed components and what's to come afterward. That's all. That and Transformers: DERP.

Got similar deal with work myself. Not able to have much time for myself except about an hour before bed.

Bullitt
02-08-2011, 09:40 PM
I agree Ed, I agree.

So this summer, I plan on trading in the Jetta. I had my mind made up on a Jetta Wagon TDI. That is until I saw that the Passats will come with a TDI. Now I do not know. All I do know is that I want a VW with a TDI. I iz confoosd n d mellon now :confused:

Harry

Bullitt
02-08-2011, 09:44 PM
I know what you mean Rag. I really should be building, but I am looking, not too deeply, but I am looking. I just moved into a new office at work. I have a new corner desk, a kick arse Dell CPU, a really cool logitech wireless mouse and keyboard, a new spaceball should be in any day now, and what else?...Oh yeah! Two kick arse 24" monitors! I love my job and the people I work for.

Harry

Ragnarok
02-08-2011, 09:56 PM
I have one 25.5" monitor and for most computer work it's actually too big. Not for movies, though - for that it's too small. :thinking:

Bullitt
02-08-2011, 10:01 PM
The dual 24"s are actually too big for what I do. SolidWorks is running on my left monitor, and the accounting, viewer, email, interwebz is on my right screen. They are set at almost 90 degrees from each other and I am moving my head all over the place while looking up info on the right and applying it on the left. Would I want my old pair of 17"s? OH HELL NO! :lol:

Harry

Ragnarok
02-08-2011, 10:06 PM
Yeah, 17"s are pygmies. :lol: There was a particular guy that frequented the Steinberg Nuendo and DualCPU forums and I would pay really close attention to what he'd have to say about his rig because his setup was similar to what I wanted at the time (dual Opterons, etc. - this was a while ago). He ran dual screens and he eventually went to one larger LCD because having the duals was like trying to look at something with a light post in your way. (He was referring to the bezels of the two screens where they met.) His were right next to each other rather than doing the "street sign" deal like yours. :nice:

I think for my music stuff, I would guess that 21.5" to 22" is about right. For my web development and other graphic related stuff, maybe 23". I wouldn't mind a 27" if it was the huge 2560 x 1440 resolution. I'm about ready to build a second computer for myself that will be everything but music-production and take my current machine out of the "general computing loop" and make it a dedicated corner-of-my-bedroom-studio.

Bullitt
02-08-2011, 10:49 PM
Looking between a street pole is about right. I found some pics on the iphone, so here we go.

We finished this trailer a couple weeks ago
http://i88.photobucket.com/albums/k164/harrybullitt/stuff/29fea363.jpg

This one was picked up yesterday
http://i88.photobucket.com/albums/k164/harrybullitt/stuff/e855beea.jpg

The new office
http://i88.photobucket.com/albums/k164/harrybullitt/stuff/b22c342e.jpg

My hiding spot
http://i88.photobucket.com/albums/k164/harrybullitt/stuff/79a48aa9.jpg

My desk before I was fully moved in
http://i88.photobucket.com/albums/k164/harrybullitt/stuff/e7b1713a.jpg

And my rocking CPU
http://i88.photobucket.com/albums/k164/harrybullitt/stuff/d9b246da.jpg

Ragnarok
02-08-2011, 11:30 PM
I CAN HAZ SPEX? :blink:

Bullitt
02-09-2011, 06:03 AM
I CAN HAZ SPEX? :blink:

It is well hung! I will give you specifics in a bit.

edit:

It has been a bit.

Dell Precision T7500
Xeon CPU X5650 @ 2.67 GHz 2.66 GHz (2 processors)
12.0 GB Ram
64-bit OS

Harry

Ragnarok
02-09-2011, 07:56 AM
12-core! Noyce! :drool: Those processors alone are over a grand a piece. Just one of those would've been pretty impressive.