PDA

View Full Version : between me an rangerboy - OFFICIAL THREAD MISSION STATEMENT POST #253

Pages : 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 [51] 52 53 54 55 56 57 58 59 60 61 62 63 64 65 66 67 68 69 70 71 72 73 74 75 76 77 78 79 80 81 82

Ragnarok
03-19-2011, 08:23 PM
hey fellas! :wave:

how is everyone doing? good i hope.

well i got some strange news recently that my ex gf is in the hospital due to heart failure. she has been in there about a month. but today when i talked to a mutual freind of our's she said the ex has been at school the whole time. yet, her current bf stated on facebook that she is abou to die in the hospital.

what do you fellas think? elaborate plan to make me feel like an ***hole? the ex is jealous of the new gf? or true? oh and the mutual freind also stated the ex got knocked up by her current bf. im trying to peice together this clusterf**ck of a story. im actually getting a laugh out of it.:crazy:
I've never been in this situation, so my input would simply be theoretical. I would try to verify through at least three different non-interested, independent sources before laughing your butt off (hoax) or buying sympathy cards (real) depending on what is the truth.

Heart failure in anyone that young is uncommon and tragic. If it's real, then no matter how messed up she is psychologically and how messed up things are because of her this is a very sad thing and I hope she has family to support her. Otherwise, if it's a hoax, I say she can roast in Hell. :firedevil:

But since the truth "is out there" and not completely known at this point, I'd hold off all opinions.

The Stray Cat
03-19-2011, 09:07 PM
Rag, That's some interesting news on GR, I'm still not sure Nic can pull off Danny Ketch or Johnny Blaze correctly.

Ragnarok
03-19-2011, 09:15 PM
Neither can I. I never read the comics, so my opinion on what's right or not would be totally unqualified. I could only judge the movie based on its own merits…or lack of them. I never saw GR, so I don't have an opinion anyway. :lol: I've been tempted to buy it several times but never have.

The only thing I can say for sure is I dislike Nicholas Cage. All he's good at is dead stares and bat**** flip-outs. He was okay in Con Air, so I'll give him that much, but I haven't seen him in anything that really impressed me.

This would be like doing the 2nd Hulk movie and keeping Eric Bana as Banner, which would have been an absolute and complete failure. Thankfully they didn't do that. :lol:

The Stray Cat
03-19-2011, 10:02 PM
There are so many younger and better actors out there to portray him the way he should be, but I guess I'll wait and see how disappointed I am at the end of this one.

Ragnarok
03-19-2011, 10:07 PM
Marvel doesn't seem to make the same mistake more than twice, so if this one crashes and burns I'm sure it will get a complete overhaul if they do anything with it again. Semi-related, I don't think we'll see the Hulk again in cinema outside of The Avengers. It worked best as a TV series and Marvel knows that, hence the new ABC series helmed by The Mexicutioner.

Speaking of Marvel, you've probably already heard that Aronofsky is off The Wolverine. Too bad, I guess. He's butt-deep in the middle of a divorce, plus the monster quake in Japan didn't help. Any chance of the film having any intelligence is out the window. They'll probably get some hack that can churn out the formulaic, predictable crap we know it will be on schedule with an acceptable loss of money at the BO when it's finally released.

THE_JOKER
03-20-2011, 11:23 AM
Anyone use wireless headphones? i like to listen to my music loud but i dont know what these are like? im fed up of getting tangled up an lack of movement with the wired ones now.....need to stay with the times.

Ragnarok
03-20-2011, 01:08 PM
:thinking: I haven't. The two best headphones I've used just had long cords. I imagine sound quality is going to be determined by how much you're able to spend. Sennheiser makes some of the better wireless 'phones that I know of. (When I say "best" I'm referring to sound quality. I can't speak of their battery life or range prowess.)

Their least expensive is the RS120. It's an "open back" design, has rechargeable NiMH batteries, uses 900MHz freq. for its wireless "radio", and has a range of 328'. $100 USD.

Next is their RS160. It's a "closed back" and upgrades to a non-interfering, "KLEER" 2.4-2.8GHz wireless setup. It's $200 USD.

They also make a higher-end version of this unit called the RS180, and I think all it adds is auto-levelling and auto-balancing (balanced stereo image, I assume), but I don't know that it's worth the extra money. It does have a better transmitter/charge base, though. It's allegedly "audiophile grade" and it's a good hundred bucks + more than the RS160. They make several others, but these are the three models I'd look at. I'm not looking at wireless 'phones for myself, but if I were I'd go with the RS160 or 180. I don't know what these go for in UKistan, but the model numbers I listed should give you something to start with. :chug: All of Sennheiser's wireless 'phones can run multiple headphone units, which would be cool for a multi-person home theater setup in an apartment.

I know that Sony also has some wireless cans that are well-reviewed, however unlike Sennheiser's 2.4GHz KLEER system Sony's will interfere with other 2.4GHz devices in the immediate area. DO NOT get anything made by Monster Cable's Beats brand, especially their Dr. Dre line. They're like the equivalent of Skull Candy for the audiophile-wannabe types. :nono: Monster is plenty willing to sell you a $350 headphones set that's worth $5. :kick:

THE_JOKER
03-20-2011, 01:19 PM
I seen a set of the sennheiser rs 120 that i liked, and funny you should mention "skullcandy" ive just seen a few, they have some great looking designs, an i was going to ask if anyone has experience with them, but from what you just mentioned im guessing they're cr4p lol.

EDIT: Btw thanks for the info Rag! :chug: i forgot to say.

Ragnarok
03-20-2011, 01:27 PM
I went on a Skull Candy rant in here a while ago. :lol: Avoid them like the plague. I spent $45 on a pair last year. They have an abnormally narrow stereo spread - so narrow that they sounded almost monaural. There was no high-end, freakishly boosted mid-range, and they were actually claustrophobia-inducing. Less than a month later I got a pair of JVC HA-RX300s for less than $20 and they sound almost as good as my old $120 AKG K240 studio 'phones. Only complaint on it is the hard plastic headband, but I solved that by putting 1/4" thick adhesive foam along the inside to prevent that sharp pain on the top of my head they were giving me the first day I wore them. There are others in the HA-RX lineup that have better headbands, so that's not indicative of all of them - jus' the cheapies. :) Sound-wise, though, I love 'em.

bajaboy5b
03-20-2011, 01:37 PM
i use V-JAYS heavy bass headphones best i have ever got way better then skull candy.

THE_JOKER
03-20-2011, 01:37 PM
Wow, guess i'll ditch that idea then, really like the designs on them though, oh well.

Googled those AKG ones you mentioned, so now i have a couple to ponder over :chug:

THE_JOKER
03-20-2011, 01:39 PM
i use V-JAYS heavy bass headphones best i have ever got way better then skull candy.

Make that 3 sets to ponder over. :lol:

Ragnarok
03-20-2011, 01:58 PM
AKGs are great 'phones. The version of the K240 I had was circa mid-90s, so they were high-impedence (600 ohms) and required an amp. I didn't have one, so I always just cranked everything up so I could hear it. :p

The ones they're making now are the K240S and the K240mkII. Both are low-impedence (55 ohms) and sound really great. The mkII adds a detachable/interchangeable cord, but I'm not sure that's worth paying twice as much as the regular K240S. Definitely has its benefits, though. One thing to keep in mind is that studio monitor 'phones don't enhance any frequencies. The intent is for them to be as flat as possible so that problems can be heard and fixed when doing the mixing or mastering process during production. it's not that they don't sound good - they do - but perks like bass enhancement or "virtual surround" are not part of the program with these kinds of headphones.

AKG does make "consumer" headphones that are pretty awesome, too. (By "consumer" I mean that they are tuned for casual/recreational listening rather than clinical.) The non-studio version of the K240S is the K242 HD which boosts the bass a little bit and has a little more interesting sound. They use the same frame and outer parts as the K240S, just in a different color. They're also priced about the same as the AKG K240mkII. You'd think they'd use the detachable cord if they were charging that much. :thinking:

There's also the K142 HD. They're a little less money than the 242s and are also well liked.

My dream 'phones are the AKG K702s. :wub: They're not cheap ($300 to $400 depending on where you look) but they're certainly no where near the high-end of studio cans - some are $1,000+.

BTW, AKGs stuff is made in Austria, so none of that Chinanium goings-on.

THE_JOKER
03-20-2011, 02:05 PM
K242 HD look nice! gonna be a "pull a name out the hat" moment i think.

Ragnarok
03-20-2011, 02:28 PM
I'm really, really sorry, guys…but I have to do this. This little gem is making the rounds on one of the pro audio forums I lurk about it. It has to be among the most unintentionally painful non-J-Pop songs and music videos I've ever seen. Her voice is so pitch-corrected that it's agonizing. YOU MUST LISTEN TO IT IN ITS ENTIRETY! There will be a test at the end. I promise the three following vids will make the torture worth-while.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=CD2LRROpph0

At about 3/4 of the way in it's as though the executives in charge of this abomination said to themselves, "we need to throw a black guy in there to try to 'enhippen' the song." I really do hope this girl succeeds, but she needs to do it under her own power and not let an electronic algorithm giver her voice the sonic equivalent of fake boobs. Music lessons and voice training are all it would take. :nice:

THANKFULLY, there are several parodies that have also shown up. I have three below. The first is cool because of the very talented and very cute young Kalie Shorr performing this otherwise fingernails-on-chalkboard song. I'm sure she's doing out of irony. In vid two, the Bob Dylan impersonator actually made the song listenable. :blink: The final one is abso-freakin'-lutely epic! It's about how I viewed school when I was about that age (sans alcohol, though). :rolling:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=1DdMmQ0VgzY
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=9FISHEO3gsM
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=hxleH60hDJY

There's also a screamo, dub-step and several other genre-type parodies of this song if you're willing to look for them. :blink:

Lee
03-20-2011, 03:18 PM
what comes after sunday!?!?!

THE_JOKER
03-20-2011, 03:38 PM
The unknown.

oldskoolmini
03-21-2011, 03:43 AM
:blink::omg: i just had th weirdest thing ever happen. im not sure if its the sleep deprivation making me see things cuz of all night crunch to finish a history exam, but i just saw a misty, ghostly arm trying to reach for me in my apartment. i am scared ****less right now. i sat here frozen with fear for 5 minutes. i could barely hold my lighter to light a cig i was shaking so much. somebody please call ghost busters.

Spoon37
03-21-2011, 05:50 AM
nah its cool you just won the lottery:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=1kODliaImTs

:banana:

krawlRC
03-21-2011, 06:11 AM
all i can say is, that miss Rebecca Black must be damn good in the sack, cuz there is no way she got a recording contract based on talent.

the parodies did make the song much more tolerable however. and i am not just never going to look at a bus, or a car the same. kickin in the front seat, ridin in the back, gotta make up my mind, which seat will i take?? oh the choices, the choices.

BADMUTHATrUCKER
03-21-2011, 06:20 AM
:blink::omg: i just had th weirdest thing ever happen. im not sure if its the sleep deprivation making me see things cuz of all night crunch to finish a history exam, but i just saw a misty, ghostly arm trying to reach for me in my apartment. i am scared ****less right now. i sat here frozen with fear for 5 minutes. i could barely hold my lighter to light a cig i was shaking so much. somebody please call ghost busters.

This does not surprise me, since you had something calling your name on tape. Something is trying to get your attention.

Or you drank too much Monster :lolbeat:

krawlRC
03-21-2011, 06:36 AM
i think i found worse though Rag....the ''radio disney'' versions of metal songs lol.

Ragnarok
03-21-2011, 08:25 AM

i think i found worse though Rag....the ''radio disney'' versions of metal songs lol.

I don't know which of these two is scarier. :blink:

In all seriousness, OSM, have you tried communicating with this thing, particularly in a non-threatening manner? I think that the main reason this is scary is that this is it's not understood why this is happening. I'm not criticizing you at all - I don't discount occurrences like this and I'd be terrified too - but perhaps if there's some way of communicating with them and determining what this person wants or needs, it might not only assuage your fears but it might also help them. I certainly don't know how or why the veil between the spirit world and the material world is often so thin, so I'm certainly not an expert on what's going on, but there's the possibility that they may be the most confused or scared of the two of you.

Old Busted Hotness
03-21-2011, 08:40 AM
Rag, I tried to listen to that pap, but only made it to the :20 mark :puke:

Guess I'm officially out of touch. And after hearing 20 seconds of that, I don't feel bad about it at all.

Ragnarok
03-21-2011, 08:51 AM
I made it through once, but I was cringing and gnashing my teeth the whole way through. It's a perfect example of what's wrong with the music industry. The whole engineered, chopped-and-formed, engineered garbage that is being fed to specific demographics as a product, almost as though they are components of fashion like clothing or hair-styles, instead of an artistic expression proves that it's the exact opposite of what real music is. The only good thing about it is it helps make us appreciate the good music that has been made and the rare gems that still show up. :lol:

oldskoolmini
03-21-2011, 09:05 AM
all i can say is, that miss Rebecca Black must be damn good in the sack, cuz there is no way she got a recording contract based on talent.

i doubt she got a recording track that way since she is only 13. from what wikipedia says, her mother paid $2000 for her to record 2 songs. 1st being the horrible "friday". and the other was an adult love song. so the possibilty of her banging the record producer is looking a little more probable. pedobear approves of the second song.
This does not surprise me, since you had something calling your name on tape. Something is trying to get your attention.

Or you drank too much Monster :lolbeat:

I don't know which of these two is scarier. :blink:

In all seriousness, OSM, have you tried communicating with this thing, particularly in a non-threatening manner? I think that the main reason this is scary is that this is it's not understood why this is happening. I'm not criticizing you at all - I don't discount occurrences like this and I'd be terrified too - but perhaps if there's some way of communicating with them and determining what this person wants or needs, it might not only assuage your fears but it might also help them. I certainly don't know how or why the veil between the spirit world and the material world is often so thin, so I'm certainly not an expert on what's going on, but there's the possibility that they may be the most confused or scared of the two of you.

i have yet to try communicating with the spirit. not really sure how to. i dont really feel threatened by them haunting the place. im more curious of who these people were and how they died. i just hope the ghosts give me some sort of warning next time they try to show themselves. the more i think about last night, the more i believe the sleep deprivation caused me to see something that wasnt there. but whatever it was it sure did wake me up good so i could keep working on my exam.

Ragnarok
03-21-2011, 09:12 AM
Who needs caffeine when you have paranormal goings-on? :blink:

spankrjs
03-21-2011, 11:44 AM

Could it have been the ghost of your missing testicle:D

Oggy
03-21-2011, 11:53 AM

:kick: :kick: :kick: :kick:

THE_JOKER
03-21-2011, 12:16 PM
Out of curiosity.....whats in these "cigarettes" you use? lol

LondonF350
03-21-2011, 02:10 PM
Make that 3 sets to ponder over. :lol:

I haven't seen these AKG ones, but as I spent most of the last 20 years playing records in nightclubs, headphones have played a bigger part in my life than most.
I, and every other DJ i know, swears by Sennheiser. I use them at home as well as for work (not the same model).
I have no experience with wireless Sennheiser's, but imo, no matter your budget you can't go far wrong with them. I'd need a lot of persuading to buy anything else! :nice:

Their HD25 is the DJ staple...
http://lh4.googleusercontent.com/public/OVzTRFFsY_ivBHoLZ-m_kFsgEa156ivnq1HwtN3Ah1oFl1Tc_eoD9OjNOEvIaDpNi-XQbvtnpc4dV0cTZ3uEndyg9VYKkll957YsILZeIXRKRO2e4wyg PcV5ib9k

And I use the HD200's for home use... i don't think they still make this one, but they are awesome. The nice thing about Sennheiser is that parts are user replaceable, so if the lead isn't long enough, just buy a longer one for a few quid! :nice:
http://www.catapult.co.uk/resources/cache/resize_box_it_-resources-product-images-5543-sennheiserhd200replacementcjpg.350x350.jpg

On another note.... my new PC is continuing to be awesome! :p

But.... I did have a :banghead: with the USB ports on my front panel.
They read/write to a usb stick no problem.
But they don't recognise my Phoenix RC ****le, or my Nokia data cable properly. I have to plug them both into the back panel for them to work properly.
This is confounding as the ports appear to work, but then not with everything.
I spent a long time making sure my Nokia software and divers were all up to date, and was really going crazy trying to make the phone sync. The software always hung up at some point, but not always the same point.
(for some reason the bluetooth connection isn't completely reliable either - i think it's the phone rather than the pc).
As a last resort I put the cable in the rear of the machine (into one of the red usb's), and it synced perfectly (and really fast!!)

Anyone come across something like this before, or have any ideas? :dunno:

I prefer to use the front panel as I sync the phone with more than one computer! :wacko:

EDIT: LOL @ the language filter not liking d-o-n-g-l-e :rofl:

Ragnarok
03-21-2011, 03:08 PM
The USB motherboard headers might be wonky. It's possible they're run off a separate bus than the ones on the back i/o panel and it's that bus that's acting weird. Either that or the cables to your Phoenix doodad and phone are finicky. :thinking:

Also, you certainly won't get an argument out of me regarding Sennheiser's cans - they're definitely awesome. I just happened to go with AKGs and became a fan. :nice:

Lee
03-21-2011, 03:13 PM
leo, when you did dj'ing did you just play music or remix aswell?

Oggy
03-21-2011, 04:34 PM
:headbang::headbang::headbang::headbang::metal::me tal::metal::metal:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=zvqkwvA9i4Q

Oggy
03-21-2011, 04:38 PM
gets good at 3.20

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=OUeEBs1gmhs

oldskoolmini
03-21-2011, 08:39 PM
:lolbeat::lolbeat::lolbeat::rolling::rofl: omg i just died laughing. hahahaha. if it the ghost of my beloved righty then it suddenly grew arms. lol
Out of curiosity.....whats in these "cigarettes" you use? lol
:sht: a little something special wink wink. lol

THE_JOKER
03-22-2011, 02:18 AM
Thanks for the info Leo :chug: im gonna go for a wireless set next month.

Oggy
03-22-2011, 03:30 AM
cool magic trick

http://elrellano.com/videos_online/4624/circo-roncalli.html

sk8te-penguin
03-22-2011, 03:37 AM
That was cool.. I bet she :censor:ed herself though haha! :lol:

FunkyHunk
03-22-2011, 05:48 AM
:sht: a little something special wink wink. lol

In Norway we call it "jazz tobacco", cause people who play jazz got to be high to make that wonky music. :rofl:

BADMUTHATrUCKER
03-22-2011, 07:26 AM
Oggy, that perspective mapping thingy was freaky....

LondonF350
03-22-2011, 10:07 AM
leo, when you did dj'ing did you just play music or remix aswell?

Are you talking about music production, remixing other peoples tracks?
I did a bit of that, but always got a bit bored in the studio! :huh:
I prefer the buzz of playing live (and almost exclusively with vinyl - you can ask your dad/grandad what that was - but basically mp3's used to come on these black plastic discs, they were really heavy and you could only fit about 0ne mp3 per side if it was to be loud enough to play in a nightclub!!)!!!! :p

http://t3.gstatic.com/images?q=tbn:ANd9GcSu3XQsoxeJGb7-hb7modFVvNePAq0xqGVsais_7aiuWHO8M_aFT3-_wO0

^_^

Spoon37
03-22-2011, 10:13 AM
cool perspective mapping thingy...I first saw that on a clock tower in Hungary (I think it was?) but I cant seem to find the video now that I look for it - it was called something like "celebrating 1400 years of history"

bajaboy5b
03-22-2011, 12:37 PM
I NEED 3 YOU NEED ANYTHING ELSE THAT I DON'T WANT TO BUY OK JUST GET GOLD IT'S THE SAME THING OK
Monday at 11:13pm · Like · · See Friendship
Ryan: stfu.
13 hours ago · Like
Jeremy : ok
13 hours ago · Like
Ryan : lol, no argument..? you drunk or something?
13 hours ago ·like · 1 person
Jeremy : maybe ...
2 minutes ago · Like
Jeremy : wait me STFU NO YOU SIR STFU I NEED IT I WANT IT WELL NOT A IT IT'S A THEM PLUS HE WON'T SELL IT ANYWAY :( BUT I WILL GET SOME OTHER ONE I NEED MEH 3

me and my friend having a little fight on FB ( we are fighting about a VDF i will get it :D ) :crazy:

pardonmyn00b
03-22-2011, 12:44 PM
I NEED 3 YOU NEED ANYTHING ELSE THAT I DON'T WANT TO BUY OK JUST GET GOLD IT'S THE SAME THING OK
Monday at 11:13pm · Like · · See Friendship
Ryan: stfu.
13 hours ago · Like
Jeremy : ok
13 hours ago · Like
Ryan : lol, no argument..? you drunk or something?
13 hours ago ·like · 1 person
Jeremy : maybe ...
2 minutes ago · Like
Jeremy : wait me STFU NO YOU SIR STFU I NEED IT I WANT IT WELL NOT A IT IT'S A THEM PLUS HE WON'T SELL IT ANYWAY :( BUT I WILL GET SOME OTHER ONE I NEED MEH 3

me and my friend having a little fight on FB ( we are fighting about a VDF i will get it :D ) :crazy:

:blink::wacko::wacko::confused::confused:

bajaboy5b
03-22-2011, 12:47 PM
i know random :P baja board almost 6am

LondonF350
03-22-2011, 12:47 PM
:blink::wacko::wacko::confused::confused:

x2 :confused:

Lee
03-22-2011, 02:51 PM
jackass 3 is the funniest thing ive ever watched....
ever.

2k2cse
03-22-2011, 02:52 PM
jackass 3 is the funniest thing ive ever watched....
ever.

I found the first 2 funnier, even tho it was hilarious :banana:

Oggy
03-22-2011, 03:50 PM
hey guys, how is everyone?

can i get you opinions on something

4 months ago, i bought a bow from someone in our club, i've now decided it's not right for me, and have had it for sale on some archery forums, after first offering it within our club for the same price i paid

tonight at archery, i have been told by the club president that some members are not happy about me trying to sell the bow for more that i paid

i paid £60, and i'm asking £80 or best offer, so i can try and break even

apparently, if someone puts the complaint in writing, they will have to decide wether i stay in the club or not:mad::mad:

have i done wrong? i'm not trying to rip anyone off, and as far as i'm concerned, i bought it for what the guy was asking, so it's my property to do with as i please

i am considering moving to another club, as i'm not sure i want to share a club with people like this

so am i right, or do i need to rethink my actions?

THE_JOKER
03-22-2011, 03:54 PM
You might be getting kicked out of a club because you wanted a price for YOUR bow, that THEY didnt like?

Leave the club.

Lee
03-22-2011, 03:56 PM
x2.
they suck.

Old Busted Hotness
03-22-2011, 04:15 PM
If they're gonna be dicks like that you didn't want to hang out with them anyway :wave:

Oggy
03-22-2011, 04:25 PM
You might be getting kicked out of a club because you wanted a price for YOUR bow, that THEY didnt like?

Leave the club.

x2.
they suck.

If they're gonna be dicks like that you didn't want to hang out with them anyway :wave:

thanks guys, i didn't think i'd done anything wrong :beer&buddy:

luckily in the sherwood forest area we are overrun with archery clubs for some reason :excited:

krawlRC
03-22-2011, 04:33 PM
kick 'em in thier quivers. that's a total load of horse poopies. i'd simply tell them not to bother voting, as you'll save them the trouble, your leaving. {of course i'd do that with alot of yelling and cussing, but thats the general idea anyways.)

Old Busted Hotness
03-22-2011, 05:00 PM
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=5sakN2hSVxA&feature=player_embedded

krawlRC
03-22-2011, 05:09 PM
Nuclear Boy is notorious for his stinky poo!!

lmao

oldskoolmini
03-22-2011, 09:48 PM
when in a wheelchair and the elevator goes out at a restuarant and your stuck upstairs. dont chug as much beer as possible thinking you will have to be carried downstair. it will get fixed and you wont be able to roll straight.
played trivia tonight with some buddies at a place called mellow mushroom. 6 college guys that are somewhat nerdy sometimes arent good for trivia lol. we named our team "team name". and we finished dead middle.

so how is everyone else doing? good i hope

well im gonna go sleep off the beer and wont be hungover in the morning. night fellas!:chug:

The Stray Cat
03-23-2011, 09:13 AM
Oh how I don't miss the days of being young and foolish, or as the saying goes, "Old enough to know better, but still to young to care."

I'm doing good, tired though. My 5yr old son and my 7yr old daughter both had their tonsils and adenoids removed Monday so I haven't had a full nights sleep since last week Friday. They both didn't sleep before the surgery because they were nervous, and now since they have a hard time sleeping because of the pain.

To top it off, we had beautiful weather over the weekend, 42 on Saturday and almost 50 on Sunday, snow was almost all gone form the yard. Woke up this morning to 6+ inches and its still snowing!

THE_JOKER
03-23-2011, 09:49 AM
2012 Rock, lol.

Thats my excuse for everything now, if i cant find the TV remote its down to 2012.

The Stray Cat
03-23-2011, 09:59 AM
2012 Rock, lol.

Thats my excuse for everything now, if i cant find the TV remote its down to 2012.

I'll have to try that one the next time I tick the Mrs. off!:lolbeat: Sorry for not taking care of the laundry honey, and sorry I left the kitchen a mess after my midnight snack but you know its becasue the end of the world is approaching 2012!

THE_JOKER
03-23-2011, 10:06 AM
lol, aie......the old, "my mind was on more important matters, im thinking of the family!"

"by the way, theres ketchup on the sofa."

The Stray Cat
03-23-2011, 10:26 AM
Yep, you know the drill! :lol: how's thigs on your side of the pond today?

THE_JOKER
03-23-2011, 10:30 AM
Warm an sunny my good man! lol.

The Stray Cat
03-23-2011, 11:06 AM
It's freezing here, not really but cold enough to snow and ice. After 45 degrees this is crap!

THE_JOKER
03-23-2011, 11:10 AM
Yeah i thought i would rub it in a bit lol, it was nice earlier (still nice now but cooler) i was ready to buy a beer an fire up the BBQ :D.

The Stray Cat
03-23-2011, 11:39 AM
That sounds tasty! What time you want me over for grub?

THE_JOKER
03-23-2011, 11:41 AM
Well if you set off now, you should catch next years no problem.

The Stray Cat
03-23-2011, 12:09 PM
Well if you set off now, you should catch next years no problem.

I was going to hop on a plane!:chug: have the beer and fish ready for breakfast then!:chug:

THE_JOKER
03-23-2011, 12:21 PM
lol, will do champ, though with the time difference you might have to sit on the doorstep an wait till i wake up. :lol:

The Stray Cat
03-23-2011, 12:25 PM
lol, will do champ, though with the time difference you might have to sit on the doorstep an wait till i wake up. :lol:

Hell no! You better e up cooking on the grill! And don't forget the :bacondance:

THE_JOKER
03-23-2011, 12:57 PM
Bacon?.....jeez, your gonna cost me an arm an a leg!

Im looking forward to summer this year actually, i used to prefer the cold to the heat.....now im not so sure, plus im gonna have a go at some scale vids somewhere.

The Stray Cat
03-23-2011, 01:15 PM
Hell Im looking forward to any weather over 55 degrees without rain!

THE_JOKER
03-23-2011, 01:36 PM
It never rains but it pours :D

The Stray Cat
03-23-2011, 01:38 PM
It never rains here anymore either, just snows!:crazy:

pardonmyn00b
03-23-2011, 01:46 PM
Rains here. Doing it right now! Better than snow though!

The Stray Cat
03-23-2011, 01:50 PM
Its icing out now! So the snow will have a nice crunchy surface!

pardonmyn00b
03-23-2011, 02:04 PM
Mmmmm crunchy
http://4.bp.blogspot.com/_dH3Lwg9Gc1Y/SXfkSS2puPI/AAAAAAAAAPc/9528CDmviHg/s320/drooling_homer-712749.gif

Oggy
03-23-2011, 02:10 PM
please send a bit of snow over here :chug:

it looks like the lowball idiots are out on ebay, my wife has her madbull on there, it's r.t.r. with a rebuildable motor, 40 meg radio, ect..., she's only asking £50 or best offer

so far she's had 2 offers one for £20 and another for £25:crazy::crazy::crazy::crazy::crazy:, do they really think someone will sell a rtr car for that?

The Stray Cat
03-23-2011, 02:19 PM
No but they are hoping the seller is as lowball as they are!:chug:

Oggy
03-23-2011, 02:22 PM
i'll happily trade her car for some of your snow, but only if you can get it over here by thursday morning :Happybounce: :Happybounce:

sk8te-penguin
03-23-2011, 02:23 PM
I've bought RTR for cheaper mate :p

The Stray Cat
03-23-2011, 02:25 PM
i'll happily trade her car for some of your snow, but only if you can get it over here by thursday morning :Happybounce: :Happybounce:

I think the shipping would kill me Mate!:D

Oggy
03-23-2011, 02:37 PM
I've bought RTR for cheaper mate :p

you have? :huh: :huh:

Oggy
03-23-2011, 02:55 PM
this kids got a future in the NFL

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=lvYYvKZEnRA

Lee
03-23-2011, 02:59 PM
lol, snow, we're going camping in shropshire this weekend.
ive heard we're having rain, camping in snow could be pretty damn cool!

The Stray Cat
03-23-2011, 03:08 PM
When I was young we used to camp right out on the frozen lakes! Its dang cold when the wind is wippin across an open frozen lake, belive me!

Lee
03-23-2011, 03:37 PM
i love camping. only problem is that one of the people we're with is a complete douche.

Oggy
03-23-2011, 03:45 PM
Lee, can you hog tie him too a tree for the weekend? :firedevil:

Lee
03-23-2011, 03:47 PM
could do. or i could put my poker face on and get to work with the tube of wasabi ive hiden in my bag :D

Oggy
03-23-2011, 04:00 PM
i think i prefer your idea to mine :banana: :banana: :banana: :banana:

THE_JOKER
03-23-2011, 04:03 PM
Nail him to the floor with your tent pegs.

Lee
03-23-2011, 04:05 PM
:nice:

my r/c's are going on the back burner until june the 17th.
i have 30 something days left in compulsory education, its time i pull my socks up and get on with it. ive ordered the bits for another project- come june, ill be out of school, finished my exams and have days and days free, so ill be finishing stuff up then and getting to some gtg's.
need to work now though :lol:

Spoon37
03-24-2011, 05:11 AM
Yeah stick to that, I didnt realise till long after I did my GCSE's how important they are...

THE_JOKER
03-24-2011, 05:24 AM
I left school at 16, one week later i started at a body shop, i went in with my father as he was buying a motorbike off the owner, i walked outside to talk to one of the workers who was on a fag break and asked him what qualifications do you need to get in the body trade....his words were "you want a jobe here?.....come with me"

He stubbed his fag out an we both walked back inside, he then said to the boss...."This lad wants to work here".

Boss said "can you start monday?"

an that was it, no interview, no nothing.....i was there for just over 6yrs till i left and went next door to a GRP place, they never asked me for an interview either as the owner knew me from the body shop....i was there 2yrs until the recession pretty much ate the company and i was made redundant, an ive been doing odd jobs here an there since aswell as working for my father doing man and van work....lol.

I dont remember what my GCSE results were, nor can i find them for the life of me, but ive never needed to show them to anyone since obtaining them :lol:

Spoon37
03-24-2011, 05:27 AM
lol

Well ok maybe they arent always key, but that said it comes to something when you cant get a job at macdonalds or stacking shelves inna supermarket without at least 3 C's at GCSE...

still that may have something to do with the recession and there being lots more people than there are jobs?

Oggy
03-24-2011, 05:29 AM
hey guys, hope everyones ok?

it's another beautiful sunny day here :bacondance: :bacondance: :bacondance: :bacondance:

THE_JOKER
03-24-2011, 05:31 AM
:lol: i fear i may not be so lucky if i need to start working for another company again, but thats a last resort, my ambition now is to work for myself/father and have more control over my future, an not have it rest in the hands of others who wouldnt know there ar$e from their elbow.

Either that or a bank heist, im easy lol.

EDIT: @Oggy, im good bud! nice an sunny here too, thinking of popping round to an old friend again to dwindle away the day.

The Stray Cat
03-24-2011, 06:51 AM
Morning fellas, or afternoon, which ever! I'm good Oggy, Sort of sunny here, still cold and snowy though. So what exactly are the GCSEs?

pardonmyn00b
03-24-2011, 07:05 AM
Morning guys. Why does the forecast call for snow here? Ed, did you send your snow this way? I don't want it, take it back!

The Stray Cat
03-24-2011, 07:11 AM
Wasn't me noob, I wouldn't wish it on anybody this time of year! :lol:

pardonmyn00b
03-24-2011, 09:14 AM
Ok, what color should I get? They only have blue or black in my size.
http://bikeisland.com/images/jury47.JPG

THE_JOKER
03-24-2011, 09:18 AM
Blue will shrink over time.

krawlRC
03-24-2011, 09:18 AM
i'd go with blue or black. and the blue is waterproof. or does that only apply to r/c trucks?

The Stray Cat
03-24-2011, 09:25 AM
I think the Blue "POPS" more!

pardonmyn00b
03-24-2011, 09:27 AM
True, blue would make it waterproof, but it's steal so it will rust. I'd also hate for it to shrink since it will fit a 40c tire. Not that I'd ever run anything that huge. I haven't had a black bike in a while though... Life is so hard! :lol:

pardonmyn00b
03-24-2011, 09:32 AM
Here's the blue, it's pretty sweet
http://www.bikeisland.com/images/jury68.JPG

The dropouts are pretty sweet too.
http://www.bikeisland.com/images/jury54.JPG

Ok, time to place my order!

THE_JOKER
03-24-2011, 09:33 AM
Luscious blue! :drool: nice close up.

Old Busted Hotness
03-24-2011, 10:03 AM
I like the blue, but black would match your Tundra, yes?

pardonmyn00b
03-24-2011, 10:11 AM
Holy crap, they already shipped the frame. I ordered the blue. Aww, I didn't even think of my Tundra:( Poor little fella.

Oggy
03-24-2011, 12:05 PM
nice frame :banana:

i joined a new archery club today :banana: :banana:

THE_JOKER
03-24-2011, 12:07 PM
I hope its a better one for you! :chug:

LondonF350
03-24-2011, 01:13 PM
Where's Ragnar???? :dunno:

The Stray Cat
03-24-2011, 01:15 PM
Where's Ragnar???? :dunno:

He's here! Hiding on you! HAHAHA!:crazy:

THE_JOKER
03-24-2011, 01:23 PM
Might be on a lil break or something.

The Stray Cat
03-24-2011, 01:29 PM
Joker, I was at your house this morning for a breakfast beer and you didn't answer the door, WTF is up with that?:mad:

:crazy:

THE_JOKER
03-24-2011, 02:24 PM
Doorbell dont work matey, try again tommorow :chug: lol.

The Stray Cat
03-24-2011, 02:31 PM
Alright I'll be there. What does you get yourself out of bed in the morning, I was there at 9, howmuch later do you sleep in?^_^

THE_JOKER
03-24-2011, 02:32 PM
Until i see the Batman logo in the sky, then im up an planning my day :D

The Stray Cat
03-24-2011, 02:39 PM
Until i see the Batman logo in the sky, then im up an planning my day :D

I always figured the Bat symbol would put you into hiding!

THE_JOKER
03-24-2011, 04:03 PM
lol, Mr Gucci doesnt worry me :D

Well!!! early night for me, me thinks, have a good one matey! :chug:

pardonmyn00b
03-24-2011, 05:54 PM
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=HqBSnQuXHGY&feature=related

Ragnarok
03-25-2011, 08:43 AM
^ Yeah the guy that was going to help Homer looked like if Dr. Strangelove had been played by Lyle Lovett. :crazy:

Wow! :blink: Don't see Sucker Punch, I guess. This review (http://collider.com/sucker-punch-review/82324/) seems to sum up what it I suspected it was when I saw the trailers and plot synopsis. Quick summary: huge-budget masturbatory flotsam pretending to be something greater than it is by showing a bunch of teenage girls in little clothing in a nonsensical orgy of murderous destruction and calling it "female empowerment". :rolleyes: Snyder's a hack. I hated 300, and Ga'hoole was just Watership Down meets Lord of the Rings with owls in place of rabbits and hobbits. :nono:

The Stray Cat
03-25-2011, 09:33 AM
I knew sucker punch was going to be nothing more deep than a bunch of girls wearing skimpy clothes shooting stuff and fighting dragons. I have no desire to see any part of it.

THE_JOKER
03-26-2011, 08:40 AM
I knew sucker punch was going to be nothing more deep than a bunch of girls wearing skimpy clothes shooting stuff and fighting dragons. I have no desire to see any part of it.

Thats a sale for me....

oldskoolmini
03-26-2011, 12:45 PM
hey fellas!!!

tonight im going to the theaters to watch the new Simon Pegg and Nick Frost movie Paul. i will let you fellas know how it was later tonight!

oldskoolmini
03-26-2011, 09:06 PM
well im back from watching Paul. overall its was a great flick. the writing is good but isn't simon's and nick's best. all of the acting was top notch and the special effects were pretty good too. there were a lot of funny moments and a couple heart wrenching moments that make a grown man wanna cry. a couple things that bothered me is the car chase towars the end of the movie. all it was is the rv and a crown vic bump fenders a little and the vic drives off a cliff and blows up. and there is a surprising twist at the end of the movie too. all in all i would recommend this to everyone.

this movie gets 4 out of five bacons
:bacondance::bacondance::bacondance::bacondance:

Ragnarok
03-27-2011, 01:02 AM
Tell you what I'm gonna do…

I'm off to bed. I might try to stomach Conan the Destroyer while I nod off. Conan the Barbarian was interesting (that was flat-out the GOOFIEST I've ever seen Mako act) but a lot of it seemed disjointed. As long as the movie was there still needed more exposition to explain a lot of what was going on. RockEd, do I need to read the novels to help fill in the blanks or were the producers just scattershotting the whole thing?

Lee
03-27-2011, 09:31 AM
wow, this place went quiet over the weekend...
paul was good. not nick frost/simon peggs best but it was funny.

Ian
03-27-2011, 09:43 AM
I wouldn't mind seeing 'Paul'.

I watched 'Skyline' the other night and thoroughly enjoyed it! I couldn't help but feel a little let down/short changed at the end though. It was as if the film i had just watched was an intro to the proper film that will be 'Skyline 2'
But that said, it was good to watch.

Lee
03-27-2011, 09:45 AM
battle los angelos looks alot better than skyline. ive never been into those types of films to be honest though.

THE_JOKER
03-27-2011, 02:40 PM
Youtube.

Whats with the od-bod who always leaves the dislike?

The green bar that indicates how many liked, an how many disliked the video....it could be a cracking vid with say 200 likes....an 1 dislike.

I seen it on loads of clips, I've come to the conclusion its all the same guy who's most likely unhappy with life or something so just goes skitz on the dislike train.

Either that or it's because of 2012.

No meaning to this post....just putting it out there.....as you were gents.

Ragnarok
03-27-2011, 08:43 PM
Some people complain for its own sake. It would be like me saying, "I have a bowl of ice cream." Most people would think that's pretty cool, but there would be at least one person out there that would say something "constructive" like:

"Noob!"
"Ice cream sucks!"
"You suck!"
"Vote Quimby!"

It's all part of the law of the jungle I guess.

Speaking of "Vote Quimby!", I watched Conan the Destroyer in its entirety before attempting to go to sleep last night. To compare it with CtB, it's a little more coherent and Arnold's been given more dialogue, but both the story and his dialogue were in an entirely lower class than CtB. Also I have serious issues with the supporting cast. Conan's sidekick was an irritating and idiotic little imp. When they run into the same camel Conan pulled a Blazing Saddles on in the first film, Imp Boy recognized it first, which is stupid because he wasn't around in the first film to know that was the same camel. :rolleyes: I kept thinking if anyone needed to "take one for the team" let it be this guy so we can get rid of him! :kick:

Then we have Wilt Chamberlain, the great satyr of the basketball court. Amazing that one of his character's obligations is to protect the princess' virginity. :rolling: I almost fell over laughing at that one. Kinda like putting Pres. Clinton in charge of guarding a pile of Big Macs and a couple of interns. Probably during down time in filming Wilt and Arnold were comparing each other's Little Black Books. (Wilt's probably looked like a mountain of phone books and was carried on a flatbed trailer.) On the plus side, Wilt certainly had the right look and his acting capabilities were good enough for the part. I thoroughly enjoyed seeing him get his pancreas relocated.

Speaking of which, the princess did okay, I guess. They needed a cute, chaste-looking young actress. She was fairly benign and I guess the character really didn't need to be dynamic.

Now on to Grace Jones. What to say? That woman probably has a bigger wang than I do. Having to see her bare flanks for most of the film was a most unpleasant experience. Any exaggeration that Kim Wayans did for In Living Color with her impersonation of Grace wasn't an exaggeration! :blink: She'd just as soon rip apart and dismember a man - and possibly EAT him - as copulate with him. Her character was totally shallow and empty, without any real personality or pathos that might have given the flick at least a little bit of depth. I guess she was intended to fill in the blank left when Conan's true love was killed in the first one. I'm also amazed at the dentists they must've had in her tribe. They had mastered bleaching AND capping teeth. Wow!

Mako was Mako. Probably the best actor in the film this time around. This movie didn't have anyone with the gravitas of the first film to give it any real dimension, ie. James Earl Jones or Max Von Sydow, so it felt a lot less "weighty" - like there were fewer people that knew what to do when the director said "action." The opposing wizard that turned into the lizard-ape-monster-thing was simply a McGuffin Hoarder and just amounted to another guy to stick a sword into. Same with the cult-leader with the clangorous gauntlets in the tunnel-temple-cave-place that had the Horn o' Death, but at least he had some kind of gimmick…like those clangy wrist guards and the goofy jazz hands.

All-in-all, it actually felt like a made for TV movie. I'm usually pretty cynical when it comes to anything that Dino de Laurentis is involved it though, so I'm a little prejudiced I guess. :lol: Some of this review/commentary would probably have more relevance if I did a review of the first Conan film, but I'm not sure I really need to do that. :chug:

That being said, I don't have a lot of faith that the new Conan will be any good. Primary reason is I don't trust the director or writers. The director is better known for the Texas Chainsaw Massacre and Friday the 13th retreads, and that awful Vikings vs. Native Americans film Pathfinder - hardly a confidence-inspiring resumé. The writers were responsible for disasters like The Sound of Thunder (HOW do you FRACK that one up? really!) and the most recent The Crow sequel.

Another thing that has me a little uneasy is that no matter how flawed the original movies were, Arnold made that character. Anyone else in that part won't be the same, no matter how good they are at the part. Aesthetically, the Hawaiian actor (interesting choice, actually) would look fine if Conan was more of a central Asian ethnicity (Dwayne Johnson would be the ONLY guy that would make this work because of his physique and personality - sorry), but based on the little research I did Cimmeria is more Nordic/Teutonic in region, so a person of Nordic or Germanic descent (or at least appearance) would have been a far better choice. WTF do I know, though? Why not just cast Heimdall as a black guy in Thor while you're at it? Wait, they did? I give up. :lol: Seriously, the new guy could do just fine, so I'll reserve any judgment until I've seen it myself. I'm really more worried who's driving the bus rather than the passengers.

Spoon37
03-28-2011, 03:35 AM
Youtube.

Whats with the od-bod who always leaves the dislike?

The green bar that indicates how many liked, an how many disliked the video....it could be a cracking vid with say 200 likes....an 1 dislike.

I seen it on loads of clips, I've come to the conclusion its all the same guy who's most likely unhappy with life or something so just goes skitz on the dislike train.

Either that or it's because of 2012.

No meaning to this post....just putting it out there.....as you were gents.

Thats life...

unlike life outside the internet you also get commentors comments - i.e. highest rated comments that say crap like (assuming 15 dislikes) "15 people got owned by Chuck Norris!"

I'd also say there a good many reasons to dislike certain vids - annoying 30 second adverts at the front, poor editing, poor quality, poor sound quality and all 3 of the above in "high def" videos that well arent...(480p is high def???) and this is before you start on not liking a certain celebrity in a video or whatever :lolbeat:

Rag: good summary - especially the Grace Jones bit.. :lolbeat:

The Stray Cat
03-28-2011, 07:16 AM
Rag, excellent review! Yes CtD was much like a made for TV movie. However if you compare it to many other fantasy based movies of the time it fits well, ie.Krull, The Dragon Slayer, LadyHawke, Beast Master, ETC ETC!

Now that you've watched these you have to watch Red Sonja.

Ragnarok
03-28-2011, 08:38 AM
Wait, wait, wait… Doesn't Red Sonja star another he-woman by the name of Brigitte Nielsen? She is more feminine than Grace Jones, but just barely.

<runs and checks IMDB.com> :burnout:

Aw, man: it's also directed by Richard Fleischer. :nono: I think I've suffered enough. :lol: I mean, it's got both Arnold Schwarzenegger and Sandhal Bergman, but neither are playing Conan or Valeria. It's like having the original actors playing quasi-counterfeit versions of themselves in a knockoff. (I know the character Red Sonja was created by the same guy as Conan, but still…)

Naw, I think the next time I make a multiple movie purchase I'll maybe go with a theme of Phillip K. Dick adaptations, like Minority Report (it'd just be an upgrade to BluRay 'cause I already have it on DVD), Blade Runner, Pay Check and possibly A Scanner Darkly. The Tron: Legacy + Tron (original) set will probably be my next movie purchase, and that comes out next Tuesday.

The Stray Cat
03-28-2011, 08:46 AM
Yep Red Sonja, was like a Conan spin off without Conan. Have you ever watched The Town? I'm not a big Affleck fan but that was one damn good movie.

Ragnarok
03-28-2011, 08:51 AM
Naw, I haven't seen that one yet. I'm not a Ben :aflac: fan either. :lol: I may check it out at some point, though.

The Stray Cat
03-28-2011, 08:53 AM
I saw another trailer for Thor over the weekend and I think I am going to be highly disappointed in the movie. It just doesn't have enough Asgardian flare to it.

Oggy
03-28-2011, 10:54 AM
idiot tries to go the wrong way down a dual carageway

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=LK9-Ikcu0sY

THE_JOKER
03-28-2011, 10:59 AM
Before Ian says anything.

Yes, there is a high probability the corsa driver passed with BSM.

Or was Polish.

Oggy
03-28-2011, 11:01 AM
the full story about the crash, and more videos are here

http://www.eveningexpress.co.uk/Article.aspx/2191195?UserKey=

FunkyHunk
03-28-2011, 05:34 PM
Are those lorry cameras mandatory in britain now?
Cause I think they are a good idea.
Their lucky it hadnt started raining when the lorry tipped over.
Cement and water do mix unfortunately :P

Oggy
03-28-2011, 11:44 PM
Are those lorry cameras mandatory in britain now?

no, but the haulage companies often get cheaper insurance if they fit them, as it's easier to see who is at fault in an accident

FunkyHunk
03-29-2011, 07:03 AM
I think they should be mandatory, so many advantages.
Somebody suggested these cameras for use in Norway, I think it should be implemented.

Ian
03-29-2011, 08:30 AM
I bought a mini dash cam for my Vitara because i was sick of people not stopping for me or cutting me up on the single track roads over here. Makes great viewing when i leave it running in the school car park and film the mothers trying to park and bumping into everything.
I have it on the screen of the beamer now, in this day and age you need all the evidence you can get.

It came in really handy when a pickup forced us off the road when i had Nina and all 3 kids in the Vitara. He literally headed straight for me so i swerved onto the grass verge and almost went into a 5ft by 5ft hole.
It was his works pickup and when i saw him an hour later at work, i pulled up and asked him why he felt the need to try and kill a family. He denied everything and told me to go away it was i that tried to run him off the road and he had a witness ( his passenger ) So i looked at the passenger and asked him, did i run you off the road or did you run me off the road? He told me it was my fault.

I then looked back at the smug driver and asked if that was his story and he's sticking to it. I got a yes, so then turned to my Vitara and pointed to the windshield and said " see that? it's a camera" then i walked off, went home and phoned his boss and the police. The video was viewed and he no longer works there anymore.

I hate smug gits like that, all the time i was speaking to him he had a smile on his face. He forced us off the road by that much, my vit was only touching the road by 1 tyre width.

So yes, dash cams are fantastic and i never go anywhere without mine switched on.

tempra007
03-29-2011, 12:39 PM
I've actualy just ordered one of these from Dogcam Roadhawks internet seller they have some cool covert camera sunglasses) after my journey home from our recent LSTR outing some dozzy bint pulled out in front of us and then blamed us for the accident:banghead::banghead:, luckily for us there was an unmarked that saw it all:bacondance: and said it was her fault.
faith in police restored!

Lee
03-29-2011, 12:44 PM
how much are they to buy?
i see one as my first mod to my first car, along with a decent alarm system.
would need one, especialy living near to birmingham with all the chavs on their scooters and corsas trying to impress the slag up the road.

tempra007
03-29-2011, 03:06 PM
£199.00 from here
http://www.roadhawk.co.uk/
they also do a two way which records the inside of the car (should lower the insurance).

THE_JOKER
03-29-2011, 03:38 PM
200 notes!

Just slip out the passenger side door an run for the hills.

If it wasnt your fault.

Just slip out the passenger side door an run for the hills.

Ian
03-29-2011, 04:36 PM
Mine was free!

I ordered it and over a month later it still hadn't come so i got a refund. Then a month later it turned up in the post. :o

tempra007
03-29-2011, 04:43 PM
what I did learn from the incident is ' in a fight between a Citroen C5 estate and a Skoda Roomster, the C5 looses BIG time':D and 6 air bags make a very big bang!:rant:

BADMUTHATrUCKER
03-29-2011, 05:16 PM
Intermission time!

This is frakking insanely cool... Techno unplugged.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=eXqPYte8tvc

THE_JOKER
03-29-2011, 05:19 PM
Seen him before.

(pic of "Raiden" was here)

EDIT: Anyone techy enough to figure this out?:

My pc runs on a 32" LCD tv, it can go for days running fine, then sometimes i get screen flicker, then a pop sound from the speakers, an its all fine an dandy again?

Bugs ya though. especially if your not looking an dont see the screen flicker, an just hear the loud "pop" .....makes ya jump.

Hate tech.

BADMUTHATrUCKER
03-29-2011, 05:30 PM
Sounds like electrical noise in your house wiring. My speakers pop when the missus turns off her desk light that is on the same power board. Possibly the frequency of the noise is corrupting your monitor signal too.

THE_JOKER
03-29-2011, 05:31 PM
Is it damaging?

pardonmyn00b
03-29-2011, 06:34 PM
Bummer alert. The headtube on my new bike frame arrived partially caved in. It must have been packaged with the dent because there were no marks in the box from shipping. Oh well, it wasn't worth it(to me) to get a replacement frame. So I did the next best thing, whacked it with a ball peen hammer a few times and jammed the headset in. :D

BADMUTHATrUCKER
03-29-2011, 09:03 PM
Is it damaging?

Possibly... I wouldn't like to take a guess at that.

Oggy
03-30-2011, 01:32 AM
whacked it with a ball peen hammer a few times and jammed the headset in. :D

redneck engineering at it's finest :crazy: :crazy:

Ian
03-30-2011, 02:54 AM
Is it damaging?

Possibly... I wouldn't like to take a guess at that.

My old boys been running the same set up now for a few years with no problems. He too gets the popping sound through the speakers so he asked me what should he do.

My advice, turn your speakers off:nice:

THE_JOKER
03-30-2011, 03:05 AM
My old boys been running the same set up now for a few years with no problems. He too gets the popping sound through the speakers so he asked me what should he do.

My advice, turn your speakers off:nice:

Built into the TV an pop even with mute on. Its been doing it for a while now, we'll see though i guess if my TV packs up i can confirm it was indeed damaging....for future reference lol.

Ian
03-30-2011, 03:16 AM
Yes yes, get video of the tv carnage too if and when :)

THE_JOKER
03-30-2011, 03:29 AM
Will do ol' bean! :chug:

Old Busted Hotness
03-30-2011, 05:37 AM
Never seen cars do the wall of death before :eek:

http://www.wimp.com/onlyindia/

Spoon37
03-30-2011, 06:50 AM
awesome :lol:

FunkyHunk
03-30-2011, 07:53 AM
I tohuhgt tihs was kdina inetersnitg:
http://i89.photobucket.com/albums/k205/funkyhunk/Funny/1858.jpg

The Stray Cat
03-30-2011, 07:54 AM
That is too cool!

THE_JOKER
03-30-2011, 08:42 AM
I feel a genius for reading and understanding that now.

Ian
03-30-2011, 09:07 AM
I still say it's odd that you can read things like that perfectly.

FunkyHunk
03-30-2011, 09:28 AM
Shenanigans I say!

THE_JOKER
03-30-2011, 09:29 AM

Ian
03-30-2011, 12:06 PM
Can't catch a break today, every time i stand up to go outside it starts raining again. WTH, is he just targeting me or something? every time it stops, i stand up to paint under the hood of the SJ and bang, it rains. What with the rain and the radiation, i might just stay indoors and twiddle my fingers while i still have them.

THE_JOKER
03-30-2011, 12:31 PM
Can't catch a break today, every time i stand up to go outside it starts raining again. WTH, is he just targeting me or something? every time it stops, i stand up to paint under the hood of the SJ and bang, it rains. What with the rain and the radiation, i might just stay indoors and twiddle my fingers while i still have them.

Umberellaella ella eh eh eh. mmmm Rhianna.

Ian
03-30-2011, 12:39 PM
A brolly with the wind over here? I'd end up head first into your shed.

Old Busted Hotness
03-30-2011, 12:48 PM
You've got the engine out, right? Just climb in there, close the bonnet behind you and paint away :D

THE_JOKER
03-30-2011, 12:49 PM
/\/\/\/\ Excellent idea!

Ian
03-30-2011, 03:33 PM
What is with ebayers lately? Just full of complaints, but not to you, in your feedback.

http://feedback.ebay.co.uk/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewFeedback2&userid=ian_at_scale4x4rc&ftab=AllFeedback

Two bad feedbacks just because the buyer didn't understand the radios, 1 neutral feedback from a guy that bought a project body off me and complained. Well, look at the feedback then click to view the listing.
He didn't even contact me.

Now the person who bought my Highlift 6x6 axles and 1 spare are complaining trying to say 2 of them arn't new....

Ahh heck, that time of the month for me i think, but these tards are really starting to pee me off.

Ian
03-31-2011, 05:37 AM
I can't remember who i got that mini Chevy body off, but i take it this guy really didn't like it. Note his comments, i said thanks for leaving neutral feed backs and that he could have contacted me first to sort it out.

Typical:

Dear ian_at_scale4x4rc,

My pleasure, if you think the way the wheels were put together would work in any way you are mistaken, unless you think duel back tyres should be off-set in the horizontal plain ofcourse. You didn't sell it to do others a favour you sold it because it's junk. The cab is scratched the pick-up bed has a hole in it and bits have been cut away underneath to try and convert it to a micro buy someone whos ideas plainly were good but their skills to build such a machine soorly lacking, if it was you that attempted this conversion please do the world of micro modelling a favour and leave it to people that know what they're doing.
I think the feedback you ended up with was wholy fair and should really have been negative, also, just because I'm in Wales doesn't make me welsh
Cheers for your communication, glad you feel the way you do.

- 9575alan

The Stray Cat
03-31-2011, 06:12 AM
Gotta love ebayers, that is basically why I no longer sell on there. Ebay has created a market for buyers with no regards to the sellers what so ever. You either succomb to every wish of the buyer or you get neg feedback and eventually lose your ability to sell on Ebay at all.

THE_JOKER
03-31-2011, 06:37 AM
Send him a link to your builds on here Ian, if he cant work on the body to get it the way he wants, for example...."filling a hole in the bed"....then HE! is the one who needs to leave the hobby alone.

The Stray Cat
03-31-2011, 06:44 AM
Send him a link to your builds on here Ian, if he cant work on the body to get it the way he wants, for example...."filling a hole in the bed"....then HE! is the one who needs to leave the hobby alone.

What are you talking about Joker? Don't be fooled by Ian, Nina does all of his builds for him. He couldn't fill in a screw hole!:rofl::chug:

THE_JOKER
03-31-2011, 06:45 AM
He could, but she just wont let him :D

:lol: i slapped my own wrist for that one.

Ian
03-31-2011, 07:09 AM
Funny how he mentioned that hole in the bed.... You mean the hole that can clearly be seen in the picture?

He was just being a dick, plain and simple.

Oh well, off to go see about filling a hole:wave:

The Stray Cat
03-31-2011, 07:11 AM
He could, but she just wont let him :D

:lol: i slapped my own wrist for that one.

:lolbeat::D:rolling::Happybounce:

THE_JOKER
03-31-2011, 07:18 AM

Best of luck mate! lol.

:lolbeat::D:rolling::Happybounce:

:lol: :beer&buddy:

The Stray Cat
03-31-2011, 07:25 AM
Funny how he mentioned that hole in the bed.... You mean the hole that can clearly be seen in the picture?

He was just being a dick, plain and simple.

I wonder if he is heading to the shed or up to bed?

THE_JOKER
03-31-2011, 07:35 AM
I dread to think lol.

The Stray Cat
03-31-2011, 09:30 AM
So I have been doing a lot of research into this 2012 thing that is being spoke of. Here's a list of some odd facts that niether prove nor disprove the theory but more support the basis of the theory. Okay Sirius, the larger star in our sky is said to have a 3600 year cycle with its three moons. The day of Dec 21 2012 is supposed to be the day when the sun and the center of our galaxy line up which is also on a 3600 year cycle. Now if we take into consideration that many of the ancient civilizations worshipped and believed Sirius was where "heaven" and the gods came from, it is easy to guess why they chose the 3600yr cycle of the Sisius planet along with sloar galaxy eclipse, because they are probably on the same cycle. As I said nothing to prove or disprove any of the hype just some back ground information.

On a side note Sirius is where it is said the ancient aliens that visited earth to help establish Atlantis and Lemuria-mu came from. They were the scale like aliens that inter-bred with the human population to create a superior bloodline.

Old Busted Hotness
03-31-2011, 09:57 AM
Look, it's simple. When 2012 comes, we'll either all be dead, or we won't. If we're all going to be dead, there's nothing you can do to stop it, so why worry. If we won't then why worry.

Pretty simple if you put it in a flowchart:

[2012]---> [end of the world?] --->yes--V
.......................I.........................[can you stop it?]-->yes-->[stop it]
.......................V.......................... .............no
......................no----->[don't worry then]<---I

The Stray Cat
03-31-2011, 10:00 AM
Look, it's simple. When 2012 comes, we'll either all be dead, or we won't. If we're all going to be dead, there's nothing you can do to stop it, so why worry. If we won't then why worry.

Pretty simple if you put it in a flowchart:

[2012]---> [end of the world?] --->yes--V
.......................I.........................[can you stop it?]-->yes-->[stop it]
.......................V.......................... .............no
......................no----->[don't worry then]<---I

Stu, I agree, its just in my nature to study these wierd accounts that people make. You should've seen the research notes I had on Y2K!

My wife and I already decided if it starts falling apart we're just going to sit back on the prch with the family and a beer and let happen whatever happens!

Oggy
03-31-2011, 10:34 AM
transformer owl

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=gFwgblszf6s

Ian
03-31-2011, 11:13 AM
Argh. Evil Owl, fetch the bug spray.

Ian
03-31-2011, 11:15 AM
My wife and I already decided if it starts falling apart we're just going to sit back on the prch with the family and a beer and let happen whatever happens!

Sounds like a plan! Shame i have no porch. Anyway, even if it is the end of the world, it will still be to cold out to sit and watch :lol:

FunkyHunk
03-31-2011, 03:06 PM
Intermission time!

If you thought that was cool, you should hear this one:
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=mLgUbMXEk2w

Oh, and that owl is hilarious :p

Lee
03-31-2011, 03:22 PM
End of the world? pah.
army interview is in 10 days time...
just found this awesome video including a tour around the college-
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=wmuTWmXiW7I&feature=related

Ragnarok
03-31-2011, 07:43 PM
Leonard Nimoy is being reported (unconfirmed) as the voice of Sentinel Prime in TF: DERP. (http://transformerslive.blogspot.com/2011/03/leonard-nimoy-as-sentinel-prime.html) :D

Ragnarok
03-31-2011, 07:59 PM
Intermission time!

That is awesome. He's got some kind of digital delay running in his signal chain. It's a Michael Brook kinda vibe.

2k2cse
04-01-2011, 01:17 AM
Some people's children.. :rant:

Oggy
04-01-2011, 01:20 AM
note te Ebay buyers

please read the description before biding, DON'T JUST LOOK AT THE PICTURES, AND THEN COMPLAIN WHEN YOU RECEIVE THE ITEM :smackbutt: :smackbutt: :smackbutt: :smackbutt: :smackbutt: :smackbutt: :smackbutt:

rant over :angel:

2k2cse
04-01-2011, 01:23 AM
but tha pitchers r purdyyyyyyy

:lol:

Care to share the story?

Oggy
04-01-2011, 01:44 AM
i sold my tundra, in one of the pictures i left the battery in to show where it lived as i had moved it.

the buyer has now complained that i didn't include the battery with the car

this is after getting the car complete with all electrics and spektrum 5 channel radio for just £230 :whip:

2k2cse
04-01-2011, 01:47 AM
http://img638.imageshack.us/img638/5081/iconfacepalma.gif Wow, what a douche. I think its time for parents to keep their kiddies away from the computer til they learn how to read http://img851.imageshack.us/img851/1996/iconlol.gif

Edit: I just noticed how your original post matched up with the mood of mine just before it
http://img339.imageshack.us/img339/740/iconrofl.gif

2k2cse
04-01-2011, 04:05 AM
I got a question..should I get hids for my car (in stock reflector housings) or should I upgrade all the exterior bulbs to led, like tail lights, drls/signals (i want the switchback bulbs, but they're a little too pricey :(), reverse lights..all that? It would end up costing about the same for both.

Ian
04-01-2011, 06:12 AM
i sold my tundra, in one of the pictures i left the battery in to show where it lived as i had moved it.

the buyer has now complained that i didn't include the battery with the car

this is after getting the car complete with all electrics and spektrum 5 channel radio for just £230 :whip:

Ebays full of people like that mate, one of the guys complaints that got my Mini Chevy was that the panel was missing in the bed, or as he put it " There's even a large hole in the bed " Well sir, it was clearly shown in the pictures.

If you put in your listing that the battery wasn't included then that's enough! any bad feedback can be removed.

However, for some reason eBay wont remove my two negative feedbacks even though i listed that i knew little about them radios, but when the ebayer asked me to find out about them ( after he bought them ) I did and sent him the info. Then he stated i knew that info all along and was being misleading. FFS 100% feedbacks ruined by a dick with a chip on his shoulder.

Sorry, looks like i'm still feeling a little angry about that, sorry for my rant.

FunkyHunk
04-01-2011, 07:08 AM
No worries Ian, we all need to let out some steam one time or another.
I bought a car upon the seller's promises that it was rust free, and when I got to collect the car I put my hand through the inner wheel well to the backside of the dashboard.
Pillocks and spanners exists everywhere unfortunately.
Even god fights in vain against the stupid.

Spoon37
04-01-2011, 09:18 AM
This is why Ebay themselves only ask for something like 98% positive feedback for stuff like powerseller status etc, theres always someone who'll have a problem and hit bad feedback before E-mailing you. I would suggest putting contact details on the description, but if they dont read it anyway it wont help.

When I sell something I always include a note with it thanking them for buying and if there are any issues please contact me on this e-mail address.... but you always get one or two who dont bother.

I think with RC's alot of folk expect a closed black box type of complete ready to run 'car' as they know nothing or very little about RC so not having a main battery is seen as a big issue - I once sold to a guy who to be fair was quite ok about it, but he bought a built roller TB01 lancer EVO VII with a number of hop-ups but no electronics - he came to pick it up asked if I could show him the car and explain a bit about running it, and was suprised to find he needed to purchase radio gear/electronics(as clearly stated on the auction with no pictures featuring any electrics), I just pointed him to the nearest LHS lol...

Lee
04-01-2011, 12:40 PM
guys- nintendo 3ds.
my gf is headed to orlando in a weeks time, and asked if i wanted her to get me a 3ds whilst theyre over there. her dads getting one aswell...
problem is, bloody nintendo!
apparently, theyve started regional locking PORTABLE consoles. where the sense in this is i dont know.
Gf says her dad was going to check before he bought, but i dont want to pull money out the bank and convert it to USD before realising that it'll just be coming straight back-
is there anywhere i can check/confirm that the 3ds is regionaly locked? ive only read it on the blogs and fansites, not a 100% nintendo confirmation.

The Stray Cat
04-01-2011, 01:49 PM
Lee here is your answer from nintendo's site

http://www.nintendo.com/consumer/systems/3ds/en_na/gi_index.jsp

Click on the system & hardware link

Is the Nintendo 3DS System Region Locked?
Answer:

•Yes.

•Region locking enables Nintendo to include parental controls and more efficiently deliver region-specific system and menu updates to consumers.

•In order to make the process convenient for users we will be as flexible as possible with how we define each region. For example, Europe is being defined as one region.

Lee
04-01-2011, 02:02 PM
thanks for that. guess i wont be buying one.... think ill wait for the psp2.

2k2cse
04-01-2011, 08:21 PM
http://img841.imageshack.us/img841/1300/iconparty.gifhttp://img828.imageshack.us/img828/1048/iconwoot.gifhttp://img46.imageshack.us/img46/6581/iconrunaway.gif FINALLY, POST #1000 http://img46.imageshack.us/img46/6581/iconrunaway.gifhttp://img828.imageshack.us/img828/1048/iconwoot.gifhttp://img841.imageshack.us/img841/1300/iconparty.gif

I gots a truck :D:D

:lol:

pardonmyn00b
04-01-2011, 08:30 PM
:postwhore:

The Stray Cat
04-01-2011, 08:35 PM
Congrats xlt!

I'm waiting for 7500 for my bigger rig!

Ragnarok
04-01-2011, 08:38 PM
http://wtfoodge.com/wp-content/uploads/2010/12/48c65652_851a_a3a9.gif

2k2cse
04-01-2011, 08:44 PM
:postwhore:

http://img580.imageshack.us/img580/8417/icontonguewag.gif :lol:

Congrats xlt!

I'm waiting for 7500 for my bigger rig!

Thanks. I bet you'll have that by the end of the month :lol:

http://wtfoodge.com/wp-content/uploads/2010/12/48c65652_851a_a3a9.gif

:huh: what happened to the Friday obamaized pic that was there a minute ago :huh:

Ragnarok
04-01-2011, 08:55 PM
I had a fast change of heart. Milhouse's solo frisbee fits my mood better. I hear, see, or imagine anything pertaining to that auto-tuned, preternaturally saccharine strumpet again I think I'm going to explode. She's a giant fingernail and the world is her chalkboard! :mad:

2k2cse
04-01-2011, 09:05 PM
Ahhh. Gotcha. :lol:

The Stray Cat
04-01-2011, 09:06 PM
She's a giant fingernail and the world is her chalkboard! :mad:

Now there's an analogy!

pardonmyn00b
04-01-2011, 09:09 PM
I don't know who you guys are talking about, but I'm going to watch Simpsons and go to bed. Night night

The Stray Cat
04-01-2011, 09:12 PM
night night nooby noob!:crazy:

Oggy
04-02-2011, 06:39 AM
my new 1/1 toy

i went and looked at it this morning, and got it for quite a bit less than the listed price, it's even taxed, which is a bonus as that wasn't mentioned on the advert, i collect it on tuesday :bacondance: :bacondance: :bacondance: :bacondance:

http://cgi.ebay.co.uk/1991-Daihatsu-Sportrak-1-6-ELX-4X4-/400206458390?pt=Automobiles_UK&hash=item5d2e29ee16

Ian
04-02-2011, 07:19 AM
Nice one John! You went with the Daihatsu then in the end. I would have personally gone for the 2.8TD fourtrak But please let me know what these ones are like on fuel. I know my 1.6 Vitara with the bigger tyres and all the weight of the roof rack etc only did 12mpg.

Hey, it's quite low mileage too!! Slap a winch on the front and get yourself in that there forest.

Oggy
04-02-2011, 07:51 AM
Nice one John! You went with the Daihatsu then in the end. I would have personally gone for the 2.8TD fourtrak But please let me know what these ones are like on fuel. I know my 1.6 Vitara with the bigger tyres and all the weight of the roof rack etc only did 12mpg.

Hey, it's quite low mileage too!! Slap a winch on the front and get yourself in that there forest.

thanks for all your advice on the 4x4's Ian, i would have preferd a diesel, but i got this for £350, so i can't argue :bacondance: :bacondance: :bacondance: :bacondance:

b.t.w., if anyone want a very very cheap BMW i have one on ebay

The Stray Cat
04-02-2011, 08:10 AM
thanks for all your advice on the 4x4's Ian, i would have preferd a diesel, but i got this for £350, so i can't argue :bacondance: :bacondance: :bacondance: :bacondance:

b.t.w., if anyone want a very very cheap BMW i have one on ebay

Little Jon, I'd like a BMW, do you deliver to New York? :rolling:

Nice looking new ride bud! Looks like a good deal too!

Oggy
04-02-2011, 10:05 AM
Ebay is awsome today

1430 i put my bmw for sale

1630 guy turns up to look at it, and buys it for £10 below my asking price :bacondance: :bacondance: :bacondance: :bacondance:

pardonmyn00b
04-02-2011, 11:51 AM
Nice one oggy:bacondance:

I test rode my bike today! Love it! Added bonus, nothing fell off... yet.
http://farm6.static.flickr.com/5229/5582195629_4c84a80021_z.jpg
http://farm6.static.flickr.com/5027/5582198769_d18bc6f919_z.jpg

Oggy
04-02-2011, 11:55 AM
that's a nice looking bike

i would never be able to ride anything with tyres that narrow

The Stray Cat
04-02-2011, 12:06 PM
That bike reminds me of the 80's movie of the mail delivery guy. It looks nice outside noob. THe blue really stands out!

Ian
04-02-2011, 12:27 PM
What crank are you using N00b? It looks like a Race Face Deus Crank but not quite.

Oggy
04-02-2011, 01:16 PM
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=fsBKK1u4Iik

pardonmyn00b
04-02-2011, 01:31 PM
What crank are you using N00b? It looks like a Race Face Deus Crank but not quite.
FSA Vero. Considered cheap by real cyclists, but mine have thousands of miles on them and are fine.

Ragnarok
04-02-2011, 07:04 PM
P'n00b: so, the headtube dentificaption hasn't given you any trouble?

Here's what I spent a little time on today…

This is my "ideal scenario with my (mostly) current computer/music/home theater setup". The only things in this picture that I don't have are the different computer case (wanting a better, quieter one than I have, like the Corsair Graphite 600T), a slightly larger LCD (an Asus 27" to replace my Samsung 25.5"), and a new mouse (haven't decided for sure yet, but I'm using a Saitek Cybor R.A.T. 7 as a placeholder).

A little about it…

The workstation table will be made of 3/4" Armorcore* "blank" (doubled up for the main table itself for 1.5" thick) to which I will apply a Formica laminate (I'm thinking "Ebony Oxide") and will have Ebco adjustable-height pedestal folding table legs. The articulating QWERTY keyboard + mouse tray is from Mocket (not shown in the elevation image - it was hard enough to draw the plan-view version of it :o). Table dimensions are: 62" Long x 25" Deep x variable height (I like the keytops of my controller to be about 27" to 28", which is why I'm using the adjustable table legs). The shelf the LCD, speakers and audio interface sit on is 48" Long x 8" Deep x 6" Tall. I may attach a VESA arm to the LCD for the sake of stability so it's anchored to the table.

The shelf dealie to the left of that will be made of basic, pre-finished Maple** plywood. It will house my two PlayStations, my synth module, my printer, and my disc wallets. I will have room for 2U in the top of the cabinet (3U if I really wanted it) with 1U taken up by my Korg TR-Rack synthesizer. Shelves will be using Effix (can't remember how the brand spells it) shelf fasteners instead of basic shelf supports: these allow the shelves to become a structural part of the cabinet. This type of hardware is popular in European knock-down type cabinets. I'll also be using some ball-casters on it so I can move it around if I have to. Dimensions on it are: 32" Tall x 24" Wide x 16.5" Deep (might make it 18" before I'm done, though)

* Armorcore is a a type of plywood that features a masonite layer beneath the top veneer on either side of the plywood. It's very stable and is more rugged than standard veneer-core plywood. A "blank" is one that veneer or laminate has not been applied from the manufacturer.

** Pre-finished plywood is plywood that has a special finish applied to it from the factory. The pre-finished surface is incredibly resistant to solvents, glues and a bunch of other stuff, which makes it awesome for cabinet interiors and it saves us a bunch of time because we don't have to take the time and effort to lacquer it.

My next two pieces of furniture I'm designing are my bed and a writing/study table. I've actually already drawn them by hand on our drafting machine at work, but I've been making revisions in my head and decided to do the rest of it in Illustrator and then I can make an accurate materials/cost list. I might share those two as well if they turn out well. :chug:

Ian
04-02-2011, 07:20 PM
FSA Vero. Considered cheap by real cyclists, but mine have thousands of miles on them and are fine.

Ah, i like there carbon cranks.

oldskoolmini
04-02-2011, 09:31 PM
hey fellas!!!:wave:

ive got some really big news!

tonite i proposed to my girlfriend. and she said yes!!!!!
:banana: :excited: :beer&buddy: :banana: :bacondance: :woohoo:
who would have thought this uniball cripple fella could find love with a gorgeous girl and get engaged? i cetainly didnt think it would happen. but it did!!!!!!

2k2cse
04-02-2011, 09:48 PM
Congrats man! :nice:
That is big news. I wish you two the best :chug:

Spoon37
04-03-2011, 03:13 AM
Congrats OSM! :chug:

Oggy
04-03-2011, 03:21 AM
good luck osm :bacondance: :bacondance:

Old Busted Hotness
04-03-2011, 05:18 AM
:woohoo: Congrats and good luck! :chug:

THE_JOKER
04-03-2011, 11:35 AM
:facepalm: <---------------Whos behind that one?

Ian
04-03-2011, 11:38 AM
That's prickard, Captain of the camp ship intersurprise.

And to answer your question, probably Data, you know how he liked to please:eek:

Ragnarok
04-03-2011, 11:40 AM
I suspect Spoon or Keith did it. :lol: We've needed one for a while.

THE_JOKER
04-03-2011, 11:42 AM
lol, kewl.....i like new smileys, its like a mini gift each time.

Ragnarok
04-03-2011, 11:53 AM
I always thought this one was pretty rad:

http://www.scale4x4rc.org/forums/attachment.php?attachmentid=71201&d=1295289142

:rolling:

THE_JOKER
04-03-2011, 11:57 AM
Yeah its pretty rad.....bit small though dont ya think?

2k2cse
04-03-2011, 11:58 AM
:facepalm: <---------------Whos behind that one?

I came across that one on another forum and posted it here a couple days ago. I guess it made it to the smilies :lol:

Ragnarok
04-03-2011, 12:04 PM
Yeah, it's definitely one of the better facepalm emos I've seen. Some others:

http://img3.harmony-central.com/acapella/ubb/facepalm.gif
http://forums.feplanet.net/style_emoticons/yellow/facepalm.gif <-- I think that one's originally from Deviant Art.
http://i984.photobucket.com/albums/ae330/MetaKnightRoxMySox/Meta_Knight_Face_Palm_Emoticon_by_D.gif

And then there's the Meta-Facepalm: a massive facepalm made up of other facepalms. It's the Devastator of Facepalms!
http://www.deviantart.com/download/127264495/epic_face_palm_by_madgod13.jpg
EDIT: Linked to it instead of actually displaying it - it's OBSCENELY HUGE.

What it looks like when you zoom out a whole bunch…

THE_JOKER
04-03-2011, 01:27 PM
/\/\/\/\ Neat!

twisted77
04-03-2011, 08:06 PM
So uhhh whats been up guys?

pardonmyn00b
04-03-2011, 08:21 PM
I always thought this one was pretty rad:
http://www.scale4x4rc.org/forums/attachment.php?attachmentid=71201&d=1295289142

:rolling:

:nice:
http://farm6.static.flickr.com/5132/5579491755_e0fff8cfe2_z.jpg

2k2cse
04-03-2011, 08:24 PM
So uhhh whats been up guys?

Look whos back http://www.forumsextreme.com/images/sHa_woot.gifhttp://img851.imageshack.us/img851/1996/iconlol.gif

twisted77
04-03-2011, 08:27 PM
Yea back, in and out. This new job is a killer. I am in Nashville for a week now. LOL I havent worked on a single scaler in like 6 months I think. DID I miss much?