PDA

View Full Version : between me an rangerboy - OFFICIAL THREAD MISSION STATEMENT POST #253

Pages : 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 51 52 [53] 54 55 56 57 58 59 60 61 62 63 64 65 66 67 68 69 70 71 72 73 74 75 76 77 78 79 80 81 82

Lee
04-24-2011, 04:45 PM
it is a good phone- the reason i bought it was because it came with a free ps3. didnt realise it was a 2year contract though...

Ragnarok
04-24-2011, 04:48 PM
Whoa! :lol: That's one heck of a package deal. Mine came with a free…um…box that had an instruction manual and…uh…a dinky CD-Rom and…<sigh>…a charger doohickus. :lol:

Lee
04-24-2011, 04:53 PM
really?
most contracts in the uk give away free swag. ive had a bluetooth dongle thing, bluetooth speaker (worth £80), and the ps3 w/singstar, which i sold for about £40. (singstar). ps3 was funny actually- it was meant to be a 40gig, but they told me theyd ran out of 40's- so they sent me an 80 instead!
ive seen some giving away tv's currently, and usually if you stick with a provider for long enough they'll bend it and give you better deals, ive been with orange for about 4 or so years, i was thinking of switching but theyve teamed up with t-mobile to give better coverage so i may stay if they can do us a decent deal in the summer.

Ragnarok
04-24-2011, 04:56 PM
I live in a land where 1Mbps is considered FAST internet, where PS3s are NOT given out on new cel contracts, and having -30°F weather in the winter for TWO weeks straight INSTEAD of SIX weeks is a GOOD thing. :lol:

Lee
04-24-2011, 05:08 PM
wanna swap? i like the cold :lol:

Ragnarok
04-24-2011, 05:15 PM
Meh. I'm used to it. The cold that is. Slow interwebz is becoming an issue, though. :mad: There's a flipping huge library expansion for my main software synthesizer from Spectrasonics that's 2GB+ in size and I can't download it because my DSL done sucks the big one. It would take more than a day to download AND my connection would reset at least four times in a day, thus ensuring I'd never be able to download it in the first place. I wish there was more competition up here. :mad:

MojaveMonster
04-24-2011, 05:17 PM
Hey fellers, anyone know the name of the phone app for Scale and if its worth the money? Ive been popping in now and then on the browser but being limited to a smartphone has kept me away for awhile.

On a side note, we finally bought a house and I hope to get the garage set up propper and get back up on here....in between the birdhouse building and such I'm sure she'll have me doing.

Ragnarok
04-24-2011, 05:19 PM
Wow! Mojave and Thorsteenster both return on the same day. :lol:

I've never heard of an app for the forum. :blink: I've been known to bury my head in the sand on occasion, but have I been out of it that long?

pardonmyn00b
04-24-2011, 05:48 PM
it is a good phone- the reason i bought it was because it came with a free ps3. didnt realise it was a 2year contract though...

Free PS3 with a phone?! I'm getting a new phone tomorrow and all I get is a $18 upgrade fee:thinking:

The Stray Cat
04-24-2011, 09:12 PM
Wow! The MM returns. Good to hear from ya again buddy.

LondonF350
04-25-2011, 12:15 AM
Wow! The MM returns. Good to hear from ya again buddy.

x2

Hey fellers, anyone know the name of the phone app for Scale and if its worth the money? Ive been popping in now and then on the browser but being limited to a smartphone has kept me away for awhile.

On a side note, we finally bought a house and I hope to get the garage set up propper and get back up on here....in between the birdhouse building and such I'm sure she'll have me doing.

It's called 'tap-a-talk', every time I log in from my android phone a pop up appears asking if I want to download it.
i haven't bothered with it yet, mostly because some of the reviews are not that great.
If only they had a free trial! <_<
It is not a ' scale 4x4' app, it's a generic ' forum' app. :nice:

LondonF350
04-25-2011, 01:32 AM
how much did you pay leo, if you dont mind me asking? my LG cookie has become abit tempromental :(

Well, bearing in mind it is £350 unlocked from Carphonewarehouse, I thought 200 squid for a 'new in sealed box' was a good deal! :nice:

I have an LG Cookie, too. It's been okay. Biggest problems for me are three things:
Typing out a word only to have it deleted as I hit the space bar to move to the next word. This is steam-coming-out-of-my-ears maddening when I have to do it three or four times with a modestly big word like "coincidentally" or "apocryphal".
:kick:
Attempting to do anything more complicated than Facebook on the internet, ie. accessing my email, logging onto this forum, etc. It's worse than trying to access the web with an Etch-a-Sketch.
:kick: :kick:
Unlocking itself without me really doing anything.
:kick: :kick: :kick:

Photos suck on it, too. I've heard OLED displays of any kind are pretty rad. I'm a mostly-fan of Samsung gear, too, so I'd say you got a pretty good unit there, Leo.

Gotta say, though, my next phone won't have any complex capabilities beyond texting or basic picture takin'. I'd rather pack a not-too-wimpy netbook for everything related to internet stuff when I'm not at home. It's better for a phone to not do anything (beyond calling n' junk) than do lots of stuff halfassed.

totaly agree rag.i also find the on screen keyboard way too small, the kwerty you get when you tilit it i mean. new iphone 5 is released when my contract ends, thats certainly tempting- but i want a 'big' phone,having big hands and all, so the htc desire lends itself to me more. it just seems to be more suited to me, in terms of- everything.
i do like apple gear, but the android Os's are getting better and better now.

This Samsung Galaxy S has an input method called 'Swype' where you just drag your finger over the letters of the word you want to write. And it just knows what you are typing. 'Gimmick' I thought, but actually it works!, so no more stabbing at tiny on screen letters, you just swype around.
Swype can be installed on other Android devices if you register on their website.

And Carl, yes, the screen is incredible. I showed it to a buddy who remarked that the brightness was incredible...... it was on the lowest setting!!! ^_^

really?
most contracts in the uk give away free swag. ive had a bluetooth dongle thing, bluetooth speaker (worth £80), and the ps3 w/singstar, which i sold for about £40. (singstar). ps3 was funny actually- it was meant to be a 40gig, but they told me theyd ran out of 40's- so they sent me an 80 instead!
ive seen some giving away tv's currently, and usually if you stick with a provider for long enough they'll bend it and give you better deals, ive been with orange for about 4 or so years, i was thinking of switching but theyve teamed up with t-mobile to give better coverage so i may stay if they can do us a decent deal in the summer.

Lee, I hate to rain on your parade, but you pay every penny of what those extras are worth with those long contracts. No such thing as a free lunch I'm affraid. :nono:

To get a free playstation, and my Galaxy S, I'd be paying Carphone Warehouse, £57 a month for 24 months, that's £1368

AND, that wouldn't include any data allowance!! :wacko:

Over the next 24 months, I'll be paying £560 (that includes the price of the handset), and that includes unlimited data, and more calls and text's than I'll ever make (30 day rolling contract).

A saving of... £808 :blink:

Could buy a ps3, and a tv with that!! :nice:

Lee
04-25-2011, 01:48 AM
i was keeping shush about the fact you dont make much, if erm anything :lol:
i do get a good deal, 900minutes, unlimited texts and internet. i thought that until my gf got double that for half the price...

THE_JOKER
04-25-2011, 03:50 AM
Nothing to do with anything but......I heard the Australian army's kit consists of:

1 x Assault Rifle.
1 x Hand Grenade.
1 x Knife.
1 x Folding Stool.
1 x 6 Pack of Fosters.

Well another warm sunny day today! perfect for the bank holiday, hope everyone is well!.

Spoon37
04-25-2011, 05:47 AM
6x pack of Fosters and no uniform? ah well they got their priorities right...

:banana:

The Stray Cat
04-25-2011, 07:48 AM
Ya know when I was in the Army, I had the opportunity to train with a British military group. Those were some crazy MFers! I remember my buddy and I were sent out on a retrans operation and a pair of the British soldiers were about 15 yards away from our location. In the morning, while my buddy and I sat eating our MREs(cold), we start smelling this bacon and eggs cooking. The damn Brits as part of their rations had a griddle and a cooler full of bacon and eggs! They told us usually they would have beer also but since they were training in US they couldn't.

THE_JOKER
04-25-2011, 07:54 AM
lol, get what ya can, when ya can!

The Stray Cat
04-25-2011, 08:03 AM
lol, get what ya can, when ya can!

When we got done training and were back at base, we went to this little bar called O'Malley's. THe bar boasted about their hundreds of beer selections from all around the world. Anyone who drank every beer they offered with in a month got some sort of prize. Anyway there we were, three of us US guys and four of the british guys, and the brits start daring each other this crazy stupid stuff. Long story short, one of these guys ate a crap sandwhich and the bet for 5 buck US or something silly like that.:dump::popcorn::puke:

THE_JOKER
04-25-2011, 08:12 AM
I remember you saying that before, i know i wouldn't do it for $5............$6 maybe :crazy:

Weird way of showing they will do anything i guess? act big by doing strange things in the hosts country :lol:

MojaveMonster
04-25-2011, 08:13 AM
Found it, Tap a Talk. Thanks London. I seen it before and never loaded it due to the reviews also but it looks like there has been an update that really improved the reviews since....and now if you ask me Id say it runs pretty smooth.

It changes the way everything looks but pages load up at a speed that can keep my attention. Its a general forum app with thousands of forums on the list. I just found RCC and RCSC on there too. This app is just what I needed until I get a new computer.

Anyways, thanks for the welcoming back. Last summer we were going to move so most my garage and rc's have been packed away plus a computer crash has kept me away. I can't wait to get all set up and get back in the groove again. Missed you guys.

LondonF350
04-25-2011, 08:23 AM
Found it, Tap a Talk. Thanks London.

NP :chug:

The Stray Cat
04-25-2011, 08:24 AM
I remember you saying that before, i know i wouldn't do it for $5............$6 maybe :crazy:

Weird way of showing they will do anything i guess? act big by doing strange things in the hosts country :lol:

Well I've heard some horror stories of what US soldiers have done while stationed in Germany and that so nothing surprises me!

Found it, Tap a Talk. Thanks London. I seen it before and never loaded it due to the reviews also but it looks like there has been an update that really improved the reviews since....and now if you ask me Id say it runs pretty smooth.

It changes the way everything looks but pages load up at a speed that can keep my attention. Its a general forum app with thousands of forums on the list. I just found RCC and RCSC on there too. This app is just what I needed until I get a new computer.

Anyways, thanks for the welcoming back. Last summer we were going to move so most my garage and rc's have been packed away plus a computer crash has kept me away. I can't wait to get all set up and get back in the groove again. Missed you guys.

Well stick around MM, there's very seldomly a dull moment around here!

Lee
04-25-2011, 09:34 AM
some of you guys might be interested in this, i went into Game today- and asked the manager if he knew why PSN was down. id heard hackers but i thought id ask... turns out, Geohot, the guy who did the ps3 jailbreak, lost his lawsuit against sony- and even though sony will deny it, its most likely him whos had PSN down.

THE_JOKER
04-25-2011, 10:00 AM
I like how hundreds of people have asked Sony if their Credit Cards and personal info is safe......an haven't got an answer? lol

I would think the most important thing a large company like Sony should do, is re-assure their customers that their info is safe/ or not.

But nope.....so!......if money starts going missing in a few days, open a lawsuit against Sony for their lack of support to their customers....an go on holiday with the winnings from the case.

Lee
04-25-2011, 10:23 AM
hadn't thought about that. all i thought was, lol at one guy taking down sony.

Oggy
04-25-2011, 11:55 AM
check out this mobile phone review, it gets interesting at the 2 minute mark

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=kSbTCjCTubQ

THE_JOKER
04-25-2011, 12:06 PM
Got an Email today from someone asking me to be their "Mystery Shopper"

What IS a "Mystery Shopper"?

Is it someone who enters a shop, and takes items unknown to the owner?.....thats the mystery right?......so in that case, isnt the job at hand really "Shop Lifter"?

Cool vid btw Ogg, just what i wanted to see whilst eating my tea :chug: lol.

The Stray Cat
04-25-2011, 12:20 PM
Got an Email today from someone asking me to be their "Mystery Shopper"

What IS a "Mystery Shopper"?

Is it someone who enters a shop, and takes items unknown to the owner?.....thats the mystery right?......so in that case, isnt the job at hand really "Shop Lifter"?

Mystery shoppers get hired by big store chains to review their selection, the customer service, check out speed, all that stuff. Unless you get hired by a store directly it isn't worth the pay!:lolbeat:

Oggy
04-25-2011, 12:23 PM

your welcome :crazy: :crazy:

The Stray Cat
04-25-2011, 12:31 PM

How thick is your tea that you have to eat it???:lolbeat:

THE_JOKER
04-25-2011, 12:38 PM
lol, oooooh witty!

Stale milk matey!, like eating a large soggy marshmallow.

The Stray Cat
04-25-2011, 12:55 PM
lol, oooooh witty!

Stale milk matey!, like eating a large soggy marshmallow.

LOL!:rolling:

So here's a funny story from over the weekend..... My wife wanted new carpeting in our bedroom. So I went bought some and had my brother in law, my wife's brother, come help me install it. We got the main area of the room covered and it was time to get it into the closet. I said "great now here comes the B!t*H" my brother in law reaches up and locks the door. I said "what are you doing?" He says " you said the B!t*H was coming" I busted out lauighing so friggin hard. He asked me what I was laughin about and I was like "I meant getting the carpet into the closet, not that Angela was coming" Then he started laughing and said well I am married you know and the Mrs. is always getting in the way when I'm working. I had tears from laughing so hard.

THE_JOKER
04-25-2011, 01:17 PM
LMAO! cool guy!

Oggy
04-25-2011, 01:18 PM
did you tell your wife what happened? :crazy: :crazy: :crazy: :crazy:

The Stray Cat
04-25-2011, 01:33 PM
did you tell your wife what happened? :crazy: :crazy: :crazy: :crazy:

Yes she just laughed! My wife is pretty cool and laid back, she has to be to live me!:crazy:

sk8te-penguin
04-25-2011, 02:46 PM
How much wood can a wood chuck chuck if a wood chuck could chuck BOB DOLE!!!!

Bob dole supports this tobacco company...... BOB DOLE!

Lee
04-25-2011, 02:48 PM
im not a pheasant plucker, im a pheasant pluckers son, and ill sit here plucking pheasants till the pheasant pluckings done.
say that out loud, as fast as possible, lmao.

The Stray Cat
04-25-2011, 03:07 PM
im not a pheasant plucker, im a pheasant pluckers son, and ill sit here plucking pheasants till the pheasant pluckings done.
say that out loud, as fast as possible, lmao.

Nice one Lee!:D

Ragnarok
04-25-2011, 03:25 PM
Here's the latest on the PSN attack… http://www.joystiq.com/2011/04/25/sony-still-investigating-scope-of-psn-attack-as-maintenance-outa/

I highly doubt that Geohot is behind this. The lawsuit hasn't even been settled yet. They're still playing Rock-em Sock-em Attorneys.

Here's a line from the article that bothers me deeply and is in-line with Joker's comment.
Sony had yet to determine if users' personal information or credit card numbers had been accessed by the apparent hackers. If that's found to be the case, he assured, Sony would promptly inform those potentially affected.
But they won't do anything about solving any identity issues or money theft nor take any responsibility for any of it. I'm shutting down my PSN account once they're back on and talking to my bank, and possibly talking to Lifelock. There's nothing Sony has that I want badly enough to risk this kind of bullsh¡t. I have enough problems without that.

For everyone else…
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=kQTW7Pd1vqc

Lee
04-25-2011, 03:28 PM
i read after i posted rag, its more likely to be a group in support of geohot. 4chan supported him, but theyre denying responsibility.

Ragnarok
04-25-2011, 09:03 PM
New pics of Sentinel Prime and Shockwave. :excited:

Ragnarok
04-25-2011, 09:19 PM
BTW, the guys at Penny Arcade (http://www.penny-arcade.com/2011/4/25/) have a succinct and sagacious take on the whole PSN assault both in Tycho's commentary AND the comic. It's funny/pathetic/enraging 'cause it's true.

Ragnarok
04-25-2011, 09:50 PM
Yet another theory on the PSN hack… http://www.legitreviews.com/news/10553/

Entirely speculative and unsubstantiated, but it's an interesting hypothesis. Basically what it says is that due to a new custom firmware project that's popped up, people have been able to access PSN's developer network. :blink: And that the whole thing was that the PSN catalog was being ransacked in a huge orgy of piracy in Homeric proportions, which compelled Sony to cut PSN's jugular.

FWIW, I'm still killing my CC tomorrow and hopping onto Lifelock before the end of the week. It's not a 100% deterrent, but it gives a person one more line of defense against BS like this.

The Stray Cat
04-25-2011, 10:11 PM
I wouldn't put much stock in lifelock Rag, the CEo had his Identity stolen, LOL.

Anyway TF looks cool, now as long as they actually gave it a script and some decent action, the flick should be the best one.

Ragnarok
04-25-2011, 11:04 PM
I guess all I have to say is this…
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Zf8aBFTVNEU

Lee
04-26-2011, 01:38 AM
sadly rag, sony being sony, we're never going to properly know. i highly doubt they will hold their hands up and say 'hey, we're sony and we just spent a week rebuilding our online network becasue some kid's hacked'
i must say, if it was xbox live, all the little xbox'ers would be *****in something mean right now:lol:

pardonmyn00b
04-26-2011, 06:35 AM
Oh, so that's why I couldn't get my ps3 online other day? Just goes to show how in touch with the world I am. :lol: I don't have any important information on mine though, never bought anything from the store.

The Stray Cat
04-26-2011, 07:14 AM
These used to be my favorite cereals! Now they have plush toys!

THE_JOKER
04-26-2011, 07:22 AM
lol, cool names!

The Stray Cat
04-26-2011, 07:48 AM
lol, cool names!

They were great cereal, everything a kid could want! Chocolate or strawberry or blueberry flavored corn cereal with flavored marshmallows! All with great mascots!

Lee
04-26-2011, 07:54 AM
sadly rag, sony being sony, we're never going to properly know. i highly doubt they will hold their hands up and say 'hey, we're sony and we just spent a week rebuilding our online network becasue some kid's hacked'
i must say, if it was xbox live, all the little xbox'ers would be *****in something mean right now:lol:

you dont know anything you stupid n00b, sony admitted that it was hackers today! they still don't know about credit cards though, lovely.

The Stray Cat
04-26-2011, 08:06 AM
The worst part of all this is that a big technological company like Sony should have measures in place to prevent this if at all possible and then an action plan to limit the damage if it does happen. Looks to me like they were caught with their pants down.

Ragnarok
04-26-2011, 08:12 AM
I'd argue they were caught with their heads up their butts.

BTW, next real TF3 trailer hits the interwebz 7PM EST Thursday.

Lee
04-26-2011, 08:19 AM
The worst part of all this is that a big technological company like Sony should have measures in place to prevent this if at all possible and then an action plan to limit the damage if it does happen. Looks to me like they were caught with their pants down.

aye, theyve been caught with their pants down- and theres a crocodile hanging off their wang now, with a hugggggge line at the local A and E department to remove it.
i found it funny at first, but now i realise it has quite serious security implications for the customer. and like one of the links said, we have a right to complain- sony advertised psn as 'free xbox live', and we paid our bit to support the infrastructure with the price of the console.
im sure if credit card details have been accessed and sony deny compensation, quite a few lawsuits will pop up against them.

THE_JOKER
04-26-2011, 08:21 AM
I haven't seen any of the Transformers films.........

Stones are in the basket on the right, feel free.

Ragnarok
04-26-2011, 08:41 AM
The TF movies have more betterness than worseness, particularly the first one. Number two might be arguable. Bay can blame the Writers' Strike of 2009 all he wants, and I know that there's validity to it, but there was still a lot that could have been done to fix it.

THE_JOKER
04-26-2011, 08:45 AM
I cant stand that "woman" in it though, she in all of them? .....*spit* Megan.

Spoon37
04-26-2011, 08:48 AM
As it so happens I havent seen any TF movies either...its just one of those things, everyone tells me they are good and I should watch them, I agree but do nothing about it... :lolbeat:

Ragnarok
04-26-2011, 08:53 AM
I cant stand that "woman" in it though, she in all of them? .....*spit* Megan.

TOETHUMB IS NOT IN TF3.

However she is in the first two.

The Stray Cat
04-26-2011, 08:59 AM
Yes she doesn't take away from the first to much, the second one her part is annoying and adds to the low points of the film. Number one is definitely worth a watch, number two is questionable.

THE_JOKER
04-26-2011, 09:10 AM
I'll watch Transformers 3 then lol.

pardonmyn00b
04-26-2011, 11:50 AM
BOOOOOBERRRRYYY!!!! Love it

THE_JOKER
04-26-2011, 11:58 AM
Say what?

The Stray Cat
04-26-2011, 11:59 AM
BOOOOOBERRRRYYY!!!! Love it

Our local grocery store carries count chococula all year round and then booberry and franken berry at halloween time.

THE_JOKER
04-26-2011, 12:01 PM
Ah right, the ghost cereal thing lol, thought he was on about a Blueberry for some reason.

The Stray Cat
04-26-2011, 12:30 PM
Noob changing topics pretty fast so ya gotta keep up! LOL!

MojaveMonster
04-26-2011, 01:10 PM
I've seen a couple parts of the first Transformers film and that's it. I haven't even seen Avatar. I had it for about 2 weeks on the netfix and just sent it back.

pardonmyn00b
04-26-2011, 01:24 PM
Noob changing topics pretty fast so ya gotta keep up! LOL!

I don't like transformers! I only like monster themed cereals.^_^

The Stray Cat
04-26-2011, 01:48 PM
I don't like transformers! I only like monster themed cereals.^_^

I like Cap'n Crunch too! Peanut Butter Cap'n Crunch, and Crunch Berries!

Lee
04-26-2011, 02:13 PM
my idea of cereal is pouring milk over a bowl of m&m's. yeahhh!
my gf just came back from orlando and brought me back loads, i got-
harley davidson shirt
angry birds shirt
classic 50's american cars shirt
m&m's easter chocolate thing
key ring
and a jelly bean dispenser, old school put in a coin and turn the handle style... propper cool stuff!

The Stray Cat
04-26-2011, 02:16 PM
my idea of cereal is pouring milk over a bowl of m&m's. yeahhh!
my gf just came back from orlando and brought me back loads, i got-
harley davidson shirt
angry birds shirt
classic 50's american cars shirt
m&m's easter chocolate thing
key ring
and a jelly bean dispenser, old school put in a coin and turn the handle style... propper cool stuff!

Nice G/F! She should've gotten you one of the bunny dispensers that the jelly beans come out its butt like its pooping!

Lee
04-26-2011, 02:26 PM
Nice G/F! She should've gotten you one of the bunny dispensers that the jelly beans come out its butt like its pooping!

lmao. at christmas, we get those but theyre reindeer and let chocolate covered raisins out there backsides.
so far, ive combined the beans given with the disepnser, and some beans she got me from harry potter world, to give a range of 75 different flavors... everything from 'dirt' flavor and 'earwax' (not very much like the real thing) to cherry and sherbet lemon. im going to go to tesco tomorow and buy some sour skittles to put in there, should mix it up even more.

The Stray Cat
04-26-2011, 02:35 PM
lmao. at christmas, we get those but theyre reindeer and let chocolate covered raisins out there backsides.
so far, ive combined the beans given with the disepnser, and some beans she got me from harry potter world, to give a range of 75 different flavors... everything from 'dirt' flavor and 'earwax' (not very much like the real thing) to cherry and sherbet lemon. im going to go to tesco tomorow and buy some sour skittles to put in there, should mix it up even more.

Yep we get the reindeer here also, some have chocloate jelly beans, some raisins and some peanuts. That sounds like a good combination. I'm hoping to take my family to the Harry Potter world next spring!

Lee
04-26-2011, 02:38 PM
Yep we get the reindeer here also, some have chocloate jelly beans, some raisins and some peanuts. That sounds like a good combination. I'm hoping to take my family to the Harry Potter world next spring!

from what i hear, easter is the time to go. sounds like they had 0 queues, and awesome weather.

The Stray Cat
04-26-2011, 02:44 PM
Yep it's a tad hot for me there after March, LOL!

THE_JOKER
04-26-2011, 03:00 PM
Just rang my bank to ask for a new card after Sony's latest announcement.

Got some woman who sounded like she was on a mobile phone an kept breaking up?...wtf.

Anyway.....new card coming.

Lee
04-26-2011, 03:01 PM
bah. it was only 40 degrees C there...

Ragnarok
04-26-2011, 03:07 PM
Toethumb was replaced by this chick…
…whose upper lip looks like it's retreating up her nostrils. I have little-to-no faith that this new screen-filler's character will amount to anything more meaningful than Megantron's. But frankly, no female lead that's been in a Mickey Bay flick has ever amounted to much other than what their value might be as eye candy…and for me this candy is pretty sour. (I'd maybe make the exception for Scarlett Johansson or Tea Leoni, but that's it.)

At first I thought p-n00b said "boobery", as in Mr. Burns' comment to Smithers regarding Homer: "Nothing other than drive me to distraction with his incompetent boobery. Terrible at everything, a complete moron!" :confused:

And lastly to confirm Joker's last comment… Sony provides PSN update, confirms a 'compromise of personal information'
(http://www.engadget.com/2011/04/26/sony-provides-psn-update-confirms-a-compromise-of-personal-inf/)
Exactly what that means Sony isn't saying, and it stops short of saying that credit card data for PSN and Qriocity users has been exposed, but the company does say "your credit card number (excluding security code) and expiration date may have been obtained." Yes, it may have been obtained -- even Sony isn't sure.

Ya damn right they know for sure. Those mutha' truckin' feckless lying sons of batches! :kick: Sony just made my List. :mad:

pardonmyn00b
04-26-2011, 03:18 PM
At first I thought p-n00b said "boobery", as in Mr. Burns' comment to Smithers regarding Homer: "Nothing other than drive me to distraction with his incompetent boobery. Terrible at everything, a complete moron!" :confused:

:

You senseless dunderpate. Smithers, who is this nincompoop?

Lee
04-26-2011, 03:23 PM
i think im selling my ps3 after this. no way am i trusting sony ever again.
what annoys me more though- the fact they did not recognise the fact that geohot wasn't going to do anything malicuous. basicaly, he did the same thing as hacking his own computer. thats not ilegal is it? if i was sony id be offering him a high paid job working with software, the fact they turned against him means theyve turned many against them in turn. and now this has happened, lost alot of trust to.
shame sony, id have been in line for a psp2 aswell.

The Stray Cat
04-26-2011, 03:29 PM
Unfortunately whatever comes of this will not hurt son any. A lawsuit would be paid for out of their business insurance and the number of people who will actually stop being Sony customers will be such a small fraction that they won't even notice.

Lee
04-26-2011, 03:37 PM
unfortunatly.
sony have just anounced a new tablet pc today- using, guess what, playstation network. the xpersia play also uses- gosh play station network?
theres quite a wide area afected by this, not just gamers.

Ragnarok
04-26-2011, 07:18 PM
Well, I killed my card and a new one is on its way. Once PSN is back up and running at the very least I'm going to have to change all of my passwords n' stuff. At worst…I'm going to shoot my PS3 and mail what's left of it to Sony's HQ in Barackistan. What I'll actually do will probably fall in between those two.

Sony's new slogan… "WHO'S IN YOUR WALLET?"

Ragnarok
04-26-2011, 11:11 PM
Even in the wake of Sony's cackhanded bungling of 77 million users' data and potentially costing them BILLIONS in lost sales and class-action law suits, there is some good news.

Apple Sued for Tracking iPhone/iPad 3G Users (http://www.bloomberg.com/news/2011-04-25/apple-accused-in-suit-of-tracking-ipad-iphone-user-location-1-.html)

I would love to see Apple amend their ways - repent, if you will - returning to a corporate morality and be an example to others in the industry. It won't happen. Never. Especially if doing what they've been doing will bring them closer to being the first ever trillion-dollar company. So, righteous fury in the form of litigious retribution seems to be the only course. Roast, Apple.

primus2010
04-27-2011, 12:19 AM
Maybe we should have the CEO's of each company go at it with Achilles from Robot Jox......

http://i238.photobucket.com/albums/ff142/primus2010/Robot-Jox.jpg

By the way I just watched Robot Jox after many years of forgetting it even existed :nice:

THE_JOKER
04-27-2011, 01:37 AM
Their slogan is "It only does everything" isnt it?.......
"It plays Blu-Ray"
"It plays games"
"It surfs the web"
"It gives everything you have to hackers"
"It plays music"..........

Lee
04-27-2011, 01:57 AM
I doubt whoever has done it is interested in money, and has done it to spite sony for suing geohot. still, im keeping a close eye on my cards (for now) and if anything goes funny ill come down on sony like a bag of bricks squashing a cat.

sk8te-penguin
04-27-2011, 06:36 AM
http://chzgifs.files.wordpress.com/2011/04/powerpillscantsolveallyourproblemsp1.gif

sk8te-penguin
04-27-2011, 06:46 AM
CHRIST ON A BIKE!!!!

No... really...
http://chzgifs.files.wordpress.com/2011/04/jesushasamotorcyclep1.gif

sk8te-penguin
04-27-2011, 06:47 AM
Lol I oops'd
http://chzgifs.files.wordpress.com/2011/04/6d5d73d4-a549-4cac-ada6-0aa75d9545c5.gif

sk8te-penguin
04-27-2011, 06:52 AM
EPICNESS!!!!
http://chzgifs.files.wordpress.com/2011/04/a3620dc4-2e34-45c7-add7-0ff982b8faba.gif

Oggy
04-27-2011, 07:05 AM
sk8te, have you been looking at a gif site by any chance? :crazy::crazy::crazy::crazy:

sk8te-penguin
04-27-2011, 07:22 AM
Yeeeeaaaaaaaaah :p

Oggy
04-27-2011, 08:04 AM
look what i found in halfords car park this morning,

just a shame it was parked so badly, and no dissabled badge either

http://i627.photobucket.com/albums/tt358/bigoggy/cars/IMG0795A.jpg

http://i627.photobucket.com/albums/tt358/bigoggy/cars/IMG0796A.jpg

http://i627.photobucket.com/albums/tt358/bigoggy/cars/IMG0797A.jpg

Ragnarok
04-27-2011, 08:46 AM
Their slogan is "It only does everything" isnt it?.......
"It plays Blu-Ray"
"It plays games"
"It surfs the web"
"It gives everything you have to hackers"
"It plays music"..........

Pardon the F-word. :mad:

I doubt whoever has done it is interested in money, and has done it to spite sony for suing geohot. still, im keeping a close eye on my cards (for now) and if anything goes funny ill come down on sony like a bag of bricks squashing a cat.
I don't think Geohot vigilanteism is the reason. If they wanted revenge for that kerfuffle, personal data wouldn't have been stolen - they'd just tear the the network down and leave it at that. No, the reason for this event is more malicious and sinister. Think of Chris Nolan's version of the Joker - someone that wants to watch the world burn, someone that wants to do it for its own sake. The personal data may or may not be used (a risk I'm not willing to hedge) but at least partly it was taken for the sake of instilling fear and chaos among Sony, their customers, and public opinion in general. They'll be found I'm sure (just like that Albert Gonzalez guy), but will probably be right back at it in less than five years. People that do this need to be fed feet-first into a stump grinder, and Sony needs to be sued back into the stone ages.
http://chzgifs.files.wordpress.com/2011/04/powerpillscantsolveallyourproblemsp1.gif
Thank you. :nice:

look what i found in halfords car park this morning,

just a shame it was parked so badly, and no dissabled badge either
You could always make it disabled. <wink-wink, nudge-nudge> Look at those expensive tires and say to yourself, "I don't get mad - I get stabby."
:kick:

Personal note: gonna have an update on my computer modification tonight (possibly) or tomorrow (most likely). I have some photos, some drawings and an outline of what I have planned.

The Stray Cat
04-27-2011, 08:58 AM
I agree Rag, the Geohot thing might have been the straw that broke the camel's back, but it is not them. THis is someone who wanted to take Sony down, someone they screwed over bigtime, probably some ex-employee who got canned for surfing pron on his work related PS3 system and then him and his buddies kept having problems with their Sony products, they then boiled inside and decided to become technological terrorist.

Thorsteenster
04-27-2011, 09:41 AM
Trivia time!
What does this thread have in common with cockroaches?

MojaveMonster
04-27-2011, 09:45 AM
Good morning Brothers. Waking up from our first night in the new house....so cozie. Knumbskull turned the power off at the old place and I don't get off until late so no garage setup until this weekend. :insert pouty little smiley here: I gotta remember these codes again, no drop menu on Tapatalk.

All my friends at work are on the Sony and Im all alone on the Box. They talk trash all the time to me but no one is saying squat lately. Think I'll poor some salt on they wounds today and tell them I prasteged again, lol.

THE_JOKER
04-27-2011, 09:47 AM
Trivia time!

Both hard to kill? lol

An Mornin' Mojave! :chug:

The Stray Cat
04-27-2011, 09:52 AM
Trivia time!

I liken this thread more to the Energizer Bunny!

oldskoolmini
04-27-2011, 10:11 AM
hey fellas! :wave:

well my town has been getting some bad storms lately. just this morning many tress, roofs, and even an entire brick wall of a building were destroyed due to high winds. and there is another storm supposed to hit later today. all of northwest georgia has been put in a high risk zone for tornadoes.:blink:

i think when the storm hits i am gonna grab my umbrela and try to sail down the road a little.:crazy:

THE_JOKER
04-27-2011, 10:18 AM
Dont forget to tie elastic round your waist so you can have a few goes.

Spoon37
04-27-2011, 11:14 AM
Trivia time!

it scuttles away when you switch on the lights and can live for 3 days after being beheaded?

I think its more like the mother of all energizer bunnies though... it just keeps going and going and going... :lol:

OSM - now I have an image of some kind of messed up Mary Poppins with you flying past in the background going "weeeee" :lolbeat:

The Stray Cat
04-27-2011, 11:28 AM
I hope he reinforces the aluminum skeleton otherwise he isn't going to go far!

LondonF350
04-27-2011, 11:30 AM
I don't think Geohot vigilanteism is the reason. If they wanted revenge for that kerfuffle, personal data wouldn't have been stolen - they'd just tear the the network down and leave it at that. No, the reason for this event is more malicious and sinister. Think of Chris Nolan's version of the Joker - someone that wants to watch the world burn, someone that wants to do it for its own sake. The personal data may or may not be used (a risk I'm not willing to hedge) but at least partly it was taken for the sake of instilling fear and chaos among Sony, their customers, and public opinion in general. They'll be found I'm sure (just like that Albert Gonzalez guy), but will probably be right back at it in less than five years. People that do this need to be fed feet-first into a stump grinder, and Sony needs to be sued back into the stone ages.

Thank you. :nice:

It's Sony. Trying to scare us into paying for a more secure online gaming experience...... like what MS has.....
They have realised that they could be making money off their network (like what MS does) and this is the only way they could kill it, and resurect it as a paid for service. :nono:

The Stray Cat
04-27-2011, 11:35 AM
It's Sony. Trying to scare us into paying for a more secure online gaming experience...... like what MS has.....
They have realised that they could be making money off their network (like what MS does) and this is the only way they could kill it, and resurect it as a paid for service. :nono:

Sadly, you are probably 100% right. *******s and their big business trickery!

THE_JOKER
04-27-2011, 11:35 AM
You heard somewhere its being brought back as a paid service Leo? or is that just a guess/theory?

May aswell get an xbox if they start making us pay for online.

The Stray Cat
04-27-2011, 11:44 AM
You heard somewhere its being brought back as a paid service Leo? or is that just a guess/theory?

May aswell get an xbox if they start making us pay for online.

I believe it is just Leo's conspiracy theory, but he's probably right.

THE_JOKER
04-27-2011, 11:47 AM
Ah right, i can imagine that now eh, all this kerfuffle an then Sony come back an say, "Good news!!! the network is now back online!, just enter your new details into the new system to setup up the subscription fee of (price here), thanks again for your patience!"

lol, wouldn't go down to well with the PS3 users.

LondonF350
04-27-2011, 12:03 PM
No, I don't have an inside line to Sony HQ... it is 100% cynical theory. :nice:

LondonF350
04-27-2011, 12:06 PM
Ah right, i can imagine that now eh, all this kerfuffle an then Sony come back an say, "Good news!!! the network is now back online!, just enter your new details into the new system to setup up the subscription fee of (price here), thanks again for your patience!"

lol, wouldn't go down to well with the PS3 users.

No, but as Lee points out, they are looking to expand their network well past just ps3 owners, new tablets and mobiles will all connect to whatever replaces the current PSN.
I think they have spotted a missed opportunity! <_<

Lee
04-27-2011, 12:28 PM
its a valid theory. but would they be willing to take such a massive knock for the sake of it? they've certainly lost and annoyed alot of customers as it is, to come back and say that its now a paid service would loose more.
Also, it would have made much more sense for them to have said about the details before, not leave it to now- that way they won't have annoyed as many people and would be portrayed as poor little victims instead of big ***-holes trying to hide their mistakes.

The Stray Cat
04-27-2011, 12:35 PM
Trust me Lee this might have annoyed many users but not many will walk away from Sony. All of these companies have issues, like when car companies issue recalls. All you hear is oh Ford is bad because they blah blah blah, yet Ford is still outselling many competitiors, same as Toyota, and they had 2 or 3 big recalls in the last few years. THis won't hurt Sony at all.

THE_JOKER
04-27-2011, 12:40 PM
It will if one of them Taliban bomber guys had a PS3, dont want no screaming C4 on legs running into your HQ.

:lol: Taliban playing PS3.

LondonF350
04-27-2011, 12:44 PM
its a valid theory. but would they be willing to take such a massive knock for the sake of it? they've certainly lost and annoyed alot of customers as it is, to come back and say that its now a paid service would loose more.
Also, it would have made much more sense for them to have said about the details before, not leave it to now- that way they won't have annoyed as many people and would be portrayed as poor little victims instead of big ***-holes trying to hide their mistakes.

Better now than after the roll out of all the new and forthcoming devices.
Right now they are p***ing off PS3 owners. But in six months when all this has been forgotten, they will be looking to sell tablets, mobiles, PS4's PSP's, god knows what.... and I reckon they want to charge the users of all of those future devices to use the psn.
If they tried to bring out a paid network this time next year they fuss & mess would be tenfold! :mad:

The Stray Cat
04-27-2011, 01:05 PM
Yep this little annoynce is far better than people using tablets and such as their main source of communication and then having a system change. That wouldn't be good at all.

Ragnarok
04-27-2011, 02:34 PM
This will likely cost Sony somewhere in the neighborhood of $24B.* Whether or not the the CC info being stolen was a scare tactic from Sony themselves, I fully expect PSN to become a paid service anyway. It'll be the only way they'll be able to recoup their losses because the PlayStation 4 with an estimated release in 2014 ain't gonna do it. They'll probably get it back in a reasonable amount of time with all of the new customers they'll have with the new PSN-enabled devices that are out and soon-to-be.

* From the FoxNews article (http://www.foxnews.com/us/2011/04/26/sony-credit-data-risked-playstation-outage/)…
The Ponemon Institute, a data-security research firm, estimated that the cost of a data breach involving a malicious or criminal act averaged $318 per compromised record in 2010, up 48 percent from the year earlier.
That could pin the potential cost of the PlayStation breach at more than $24 billion.

Well, tonight if I post here I'll be talkin' 'bout everything BUT the PSN attack. I've done all I can do from my end for the time being and I have some positive stuff I'd rather discuss. :wave: For example right now I'm downloading (in a painfully slow manner) CamelAudio's Alchemy Player which just became FREE as of today. :excited: It's a 400MB+ D/L but one that can go while I'm off at work this afternoon. It'll give me something to tinker with tonight. :chug:

The Stray Cat
04-27-2011, 02:45 PM
Sounds like fun Rag, I hate my slow down load speeds also. Try having slow speeds and ADD at the same time. NOt a good combination!:wacko:

Lee
04-27-2011, 03:14 PM
ive been trying long exposure photography tonight, for my astronomy coursework. im using an olympus E510 dslr, and i cant get the shutter speed slower than 60 seconds- anyone know anything/have tips?
i need to track the movement of stars accross the sky in one picture, so a slow shutter speed is key. idealy i need it set for one hour, or two... i have a tripod ready so its just a case of the camera.

Spoon37
04-27-2011, 03:22 PM
ive been trying long exposure photography tonight, for my astronomy coursework. im using an olympus E510 dslr, and i cant get the shutter speed slower than 60 seconds- anyone know anything/have tips?
i need to track the movement of stars accross the sky in one picture, so a slow shutter speed is key. idealy i need it set for one hour, or two... i have a tripod ready so its just a case of the camera.

what you need is a "bulb" setting where you open the shutter and it doesnt close until you hit the shutter release again. I assume this is on the dial - I hesitate because my Sony a350 does not even have a bulb mode! but my Canons do...

those are very very long exposures though, try 10 mins to half an hour to begin with

you can also do multiple exposures and blend them together in photoshop if you have access to it.

The Stray Cat
04-27-2011, 03:24 PM

Lee I have no advice for you on the camera, I would however like to the photographs when you have them.

Lee
04-27-2011, 03:29 PM
what you need is a "bulb" setting where you open the shutter and it doesnt close until you hit the shutter release again. I assume this is on the dial - I hesitate because my Sony a350 does not even have a bulb mode! but my Canons do...

those are very very long exposures though, try 10 mins to half an hour to begin with

you can also do multiple exposures and blend them together in photoshop if you have access to it.

i can get the bulb setting to 8minutes max- i've been advised for the coursework to get 2hours but 1 hour is acceptible. it did sound exxessive!
the basic idea is to take a shot pointing at polaris (the north star). by giving it an hour, you get to see stars shift around it- leaving a trace line. you join the ends of the line to polaris, work out the angle and do some maths. this lets you work out the sidereal day, or how long it takes the stars to revolve around the earth (technicaly the earth rotate, but...).
its 23 hours, 56 minutes if you wanted to know, i googled it earlier :lol:
they still want the pictures though.
:(
Lee I have no advice for you on the camera, I would however like to the photographs when you have them.

certainly. long exposure shots of the stars look AWESOME when theyre done right. i can't promise professional quality but i will certainly post what i get. ive been zipping back and forwards to peoples house i know are into photography getting advice all night, giving me a right headache. luckily we get a 4 day weekend, so a decent notch of time to get quality work done.

Ragnarok
04-27-2011, 07:31 PM
I did a little bit of digging online and haven't found an suitable answer for the E-510. 8 minutes seems to be the limit. :thinking: Some Photoshop sleight-of-hand like Spoon mentioned might be the only workaround short of getting a different camera.

Well, I just got home and saw that my new sample-based synth download completed, and I registered it to get the "bonus content" which amounts to a bunch more sound sources. Unfortunately it's another big download - 356MB. I feel like I'm back on dial-up all of a sudden.

http://hvx-rc.com/forumstuff/emo/emo-56kpowaa.gif

But I have at least part of the day off tomorrow so if I don't get to put a few miles on it tonight I will in the morning. :D

Ragnarok
04-27-2011, 07:51 PM
OH MY HOLY FUDGE! THIS THING SOUNDS SO…SEXAYY!!!

I've been able to mess around with it for a couple of seconds while the bonus library downloads. (I guess it had a bunch of sounds in the initial download.) I need to just plunk a few chords out and make a YouSendIt file. I doubt that anyone would find it interesting, but…WOW! This is the super-duper, extra lean version of CamelAudio's Alchemy. The full version is just south of $300, and based on the five or six factory presets I was able to play with I'm sold on the full version! Just wish I had the dough-re-mi. :D

The controls on it are awesome and (dare I say it) more intuitive than Omnisphere's. One advantage this has over Omnisphere is the ability to add your own samples. :excited: Omnisphere's main draw is the TITANIC sound library - 50GB and counting. I need both! :lol: I can think of about three others I can't live without, too - u-he Zebra (a butt-kicking modular), Waldorf Largo (wavetable-meets-virtual analog) and Synapse Dune (another virtual analog).

Me bad want money now…me sick!

pardonmyn00b
04-27-2011, 08:05 PM
Ha, the new south park on right now is about apple tracking people

pardonmyn00b
04-27-2011, 08:23 PM
...and human centipede:lol:

imtired111
04-27-2011, 08:37 PM
Oh my god...:banghead:I cannot stand any more of this stupid royal wedding!!
I'm in America and its just ridiculous. I've been hearing about this nonstop for over a month and I'm sick of it. I don't know how you Brits can stand it.

Ragnarok
04-27-2011, 08:46 PM
I totally sympathize. It'll drive you insane if you let it. The simplest thing to do is…ignore the TV. :chug:

BADMUTHATrUCKER
04-27-2011, 09:03 PM
Same over here. Not watching tv does help. A little.

The Stray Cat
04-27-2011, 09:09 PM
Is it polite to use the word "Brits" as a collective noun for all people who dwell there?<_<

Anyway turn off the TV, Helloooo, McFly!

Rag the new software sounds cool from your description, I can imagine what the full software could do.

BADMUTHATrUCKER
04-27-2011, 09:24 PM
Is it polite to use the word "Brits" as a collective noun for all people who dwell there?<_<

No, just call them Poms. They like that.

Ragnarok
04-27-2011, 09:56 PM
Something tells me that's not a good idea. :thinking:

oldskoolmini
04-27-2011, 10:38 PM
got bored the other night with some buddies and decided to roll through a large fountain. my buddy filming has the creepiest laugh. vid is dark but look for the headlights on the wheelchair.
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=R0GDKD6IGBY&feature=share

Ragnarok
04-27-2011, 11:20 PM
^ :blink:

Download…failed. 319MB of 356MB. :rant: :pcrage: I get so tired of this crap. Have to try it again in the morning. :nono:

Oggy
04-27-2011, 11:26 PM
Is it polite to use the word "Brits" as a collective noun for all people who dwell there?

that's fine, we call ourselves brits

No, just call them Poms. They like that.

HMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMM, i wouldn't expect anything else from a bunch of convict descendants :crazy: :crazy: :crazy: :crazy::p:p

BADMUTHATrUCKER
04-27-2011, 11:47 PM
Not me, I'm Scandinavian. :viking: (mostly)

Pom.

:lol:

Oggy
04-28-2011, 12:11 AM
would that make you a scanvict, or a condinavian

BADMUTHATrUCKER
04-28-2011, 12:27 AM
...and human centipede:lol:

I saw the trailer to that on Frootube a while back. I almost, out of curiosity....

Lee
04-28-2011, 01:49 AM
lol, doesnt the one in the middle of the centipede die?

THE_JOKER
04-28-2011, 02:21 AM
Oh my god...:banghead:I cannot stand any more of this stupid royal wedding!!
I'm in America and its just ridiculous. I've been hearing about this nonstop for over a month and I'm sick of it. I don't know how you Brits can stand it.

Turn off your TV, Radio, throw your newspaper in the bin.

Its what I've been doing, cant complain though, we have a day off because of it lol.

But yeah, ive no interest in it myself.

@RAG------The term "Kid in a candy shop" springs to mind lol, sounds like a cool bit of kit thats for sure!

The Stray Cat
04-28-2011, 08:19 AM
Morning My Western Brothers and Afternoon to all of you Brits and others on that side of the pond!

Ragnarok
04-28-2011, 08:41 AM
I'm not having some difficulty with accessing that download again. :nono: Attempted to log into my account at CamelAudio three times (everything was correct) and my account is now "locked." Which means I have to contact support directly to find out what's going on. I think that I entered the wrong password. :facepalm: Hopefully I'll hear from them soon. :thinking:

UPDATE: Got an automated message telling me they got my message. It could take two business days for them to contact me. <groan>

THE_JOKER
04-28-2011, 08:56 AM
Best password in the world is "123456789"

Or

"Password"

Yes im being daft.

Mornin to you Rock! an Rag! :chug:

EDIT: another good password:

"Idonthaveone"

The Stray Cat
04-28-2011, 08:56 AM
It's amazing that you can send a payment around the world in a blink of an eye, you can shoot an email to a co-worker in Japan in 1 second, but it takes 2-5 business days to speak with an actual person nowadays.

THE_JOKER
04-28-2011, 09:03 AM
I dislike automated machines with a passion:

"If you want option one....say -yes- now...."

"yes"

"Im sorry, i didnt catch that, if you want option one, say -yes- now"

"YES!"

"Im sorry i didnt catch that, if you want option one, press -1- now"

"Why didnt you give me that option in the first place!!"

"Im sorry i didnt cat......"

Ragnarok
04-28-2011, 09:09 AM
To be fair, though, CamelAudio is one of those software developers that started out as just one guy that was doing everything. I think he's got more than just him in the office now, but with the popularity of Alchemy he's probably got more than he can handle. It's definitely not the most convenient for me, but I'm not ready to get angry. For one thing, this is just the free version of the software. Paying customers should get priority over guys like me.

This is just a simple account thing, not some serious software catastrophe where it crashes my host when I adjust filter cutoff after four measures when the tempo is set to 110BPM.

The Stray Cat
04-28-2011, 10:44 AM
To be fair, though, CamelAudio is one of those software developers that started out as just one guy that was doing everything. I think he's got more than just him in the office now, but with the popularity of Alchemy he's probably got more than he can handle. It's definitely not the most convenient for me, but I'm not ready to get angry. For one thing, this is just the free version of the software. Paying customers should get priority over guys like me.

This is just a simple account thing, not some serious software catastrophe where it crashes my host when I adjust filter cutoff after four measures when the tempo is set to 110BPM.

It's good to see you have worked on your patience Daniel-son^_^

MojaveMonster
04-28-2011, 10:53 AM
Remind me to change the combo on my luggage.

Hey, so I'm fumbling around the suggestion box and learnt that Talon got banneshed. Thats for real? I thought he was immune? Ill miss the dude. I bought alot of stuff off him. He always was teetering on the edge though.

MojaveMonster
04-28-2011, 11:11 AM
Our new house has a security alarm but it was told to us that we would have to get it set up. The dang smoke detector kept giving the low batt chirp. I pulled it down and it had a wire hooked to it. I was tired and wasn't thinking straight so I cut the wire and when I flipped the sensor over I seen it was ADT. I bearly said "Oh sh..." when the phone rang. Phone wasnt suppose to be on either.

"Hello Sir this is ADT"
"Yeah I figured. False alarm, a wire got cut"
"Ok Sir, just punch in the code on the controller"
"I just bought the house, I dont have a code"
"Ok well you need the code. Just tell it to me and I can get it from here. Blah blah blah more technical blah....so thats why I need the code"
" Do you understand I have no idea about any of this? Youre speaking spanish to me."
"I realize that sir but I need your code"

Aaaaaauuuugh

Ragnarok
04-28-2011, 11:22 AM
Call the realtor. If they don't know the code…I dunno…? :crazy:

pardonmyn00b
04-28-2011, 11:25 AM
We had some mighty winds last night.

Take that neighbor's fence!
http://farm6.static.flickr.com/5308/5664885750_3e575ea498_z.jpg

The Stray Cat
04-28-2011, 11:31 AM
We're getting the same wind today Noob! Saw a couple good sized trees downed onmy way into work!

Ragnarok
04-28-2011, 11:51 AM
Looks like you guys inherited our wind that blew almost NONSTOP(!) from last Autumn through March. :blink:

The Stray Cat
04-28-2011, 11:55 AM
Looks like you guys inherited our wind that blew almost NONSTOP(!) from last Autumn through March. :blink:

These winds are coming up from the gulf area, causing all of the tornadoes in the South, by time they get to us they are just nasty rain and wind storms.

THE_JOKER
04-28-2011, 12:02 PM
Wonder if OSM did his wind surfing thing with the umbrella?.

The Stray Cat
04-28-2011, 12:12 PM
Don't know, he needs to put up a video if he did, the crazy fool!

THE_JOKER
04-28-2011, 12:20 PM
I aint gettin' on no plane!.....crazy foo!

LondonF350
04-28-2011, 12:23 PM

Film camera's can expose for any amount of time you like, but the preferred method with digital camera's is to 'stack' a number of exposures. It reduces the amount of 'noise' you see in the final image.

Here is a good guide:
http://shutterbug.com/techniques/pro_techniques/1007artrails/index.html

The Stray Cat
04-28-2011, 01:00 PM
Here's a link to some pics from the wind storm we're having today!
http://www.wivb.com/dpp/news/orleans/PHOTO-GALLERY-Winds-blast-WNY#

http://www.buffalonews.com/city/weather/article406051.ece

The Stray Cat
04-28-2011, 01:04 PM
And here is some more!

http://www.wkbw.com/news/local/High-Wind-Photo-Gallery-120867284.html?gallery=y&img=0&c=y

LondonF350
04-28-2011, 01:08 PM
Wow! Scary stuff. :eek:

THE_JOKER
04-28-2011, 01:08 PM
Tree Massacre!.

pardonmyn00b
04-28-2011, 01:19 PM
It reminds me of the Upright Citizens Brigade episode with the "Trees are Down" report

The Stray Cat
04-28-2011, 01:23 PM
Bad part of those pics is, roughly ten years ago we had a freak blizzard in October that took out half of the trees is Buffalo and surrounding areas, the trees are just starting to fill out again, now they are being taken out. I saw two big trees and a small down this morning heading to work. Crazy stuff.

Ragnarok
04-28-2011, 01:41 PM
Sorry to change the subject so dramatically. I was constructing this unnecessarily long post while you guys were talking about far more important stuff. Please forgive me. :blink:

Well, here's where I've finally decided to take my current computer setup. I've been talking new tower case and some other things, but I've decided to go rackmount. This will be 6U tall (10.5"…1U = 1.75"), and about 19" deep. I can't find a decent case that's 6U tall, so I'm making my own. The reason I want to go 6U is I can use my super-tall CPU heatsink and I can locate my PSU on the "roof" of the case. There's enough room I can bolt it onto the upper deck just over the graphics card. Here are some images

Top view, internals:
The one concern I have here is the lack of space between the HDs and my GPU. I may have to get a shorter graphics card before this is through anyway. I have a total of four fans: three 180mm intake fans (one up front, one on each side) and a 120mm exhaust fan over the motherboards i/o panel. The way I have the PSU oriented may be upside down. I think mine takes air in from the back and the fan blows down into the case, so ignore that part of the drawing. Also ignore the fact I haven't drawn in RAM modules. :blush:

Front views, face and internals:
Here in the lower part of this illustration, you can see a stack of eight things. Those are my HDs. The idea is that the lower HD cage will have a set of four posts (2 left, 2 right) where the upper cage will mount. That upper cage will be held in by either nuts or big body clips. That thick line that's floating above the drives represents the roof of the case. That will be mounted to a piano hinge that goes the full length and will be bolted down to lock it.

Front view, with rackmount case:
Roughly what it should look like with it mounted the 6U rack case.

By putting another case around this I've ruggedized it greatly. It has a cover front and back that use latches to cover the thing up when I'm moving it. It has handles to lift with, as well as a telescopic handle that pulls out in conjunction with wheels to move it like a hand truck. I'm torn between the Gator G-PROR-6U and the SKB R6W cases. The Gator gives me 3/4" more depth than the SKB, whereas the SKB has better latches.

The Gator… http://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B003ELQ2Z4/
The SKB… http://www.amazon.com/dp/B001LNO9QG/

Now as far as where I am beyond just drawings. I've started the building of the carcass, or internal case, whichever you want to call it. Please excuse the pics. My celphone does a terrible job of photo taking.

:facepalm:

Here I have some pieces of 3/4" Maple plywood. These will make up the two sides.

I decided I want to construct this using threaded inserts and machine bolts. This will allow me to be able to assemble and disassemble this case numerous times without wallowing out screw holes. The dark wood is African Mahogany. These will be cut up to go on the ends of the plywood for my threaded inserts to properly anchor into. Trying to get threaded inserts to work in plywood all by itself is an unreliable exercise.

Showing plywood sides and solid ends cut to size.

Clamp 'em up!

Okay, while glue sets, I rounded up some stuff to work for my floor and the front and back. These are all 1/2" plywood. The front will be prefinished Maple, the floor in this pic actually got scrapped for a piece of 1/2" Cherry plywood. Long story as to why. And the back plate is Birch plywood made in China. Note to everyone in the world! NEVER BUY CHINESE PLYWOOD! It's toxic as hell, and is more warped than Lady Gaga's Andy Warhol-meets-Madonna sense of fashion. As much as I hate it, this piece will work.

At some point I realized that I forgot to plan on using solid wood for the bottom edges on all the sides. I didn't have any more African Mahogany to use (I had some Sapele, but it was too crooked), so I found some Douglas Fir and glued that on to all four sides. Fir is murder. The dust off it is really hard on the lungs.

Lastly, here's a quick setup to see how the sides all work with each other. The next phase is to get all of my fasteners, threaded inserts, aluminum, fans and other odd and ends. I'm also going to need to make some router templates so I can cut holes for the motherboard tray, fans, and optical drives. You can see that my workbench is highly disorganized. It's been commandeered to store what is known in the scientific community as CRAP while we were armpit-deep in a kitchen job.

I think I remembered everything so far. If not I'll edit as necessary. :aflac:

Old Busted Hotness
04-28-2011, 01:44 PM
I think you should do the front panel in maple, too.

The Stray Cat
04-28-2011, 01:48 PM
3/4" Maple, you building to withstand the Alaskan winds???;) The case is coming out good Rag, and the plans look good too!

Ragnarok
04-28-2011, 01:49 PM
I think you should do the front panel in maple, too.

I want to use brushed aluminum for the faceplate, actually. :angel:

3/4" Maple, you building to withstand the Alaskan winds???;) The case is coming out good Rag, and the plans look good too!
Well, the sides are only 3/4" plywood. I wouldn't use solid maple there for a bunch of reasons, but mostly due to the difficulty it would give me with making my fan holes and being difficult to get my threaded inserts into. Plus it's way too heavy. :p

The Stray Cat
04-28-2011, 01:53 PM
I want to use brushed aluminum for the faceplate, actually. :angel:

Well, the sides are only 3/4" plywood. I wouldn't use solid maple there for a bunch of reasons, but mostly due to the difficulty it would give me with making my fan holes and being difficult to get my threaded inserts into. Plus it's way too heavy. :p

That was my point! By time you add all of the components and finish the case you'd need two of you to move it!:D

THE_JOKER
04-28-2011, 01:54 PM
Dude knows his wood! lol, nice work thus far Rag, an im not sure your CPU cooler is big enough :huh:

primus2010
04-28-2011, 01:55 PM
Hooray, 28th of April and its snowing

Lee
04-28-2011, 01:59 PM
Film camera's can expose for any amount of time you like, but the preferred method with digital camera's is to 'stack' a number of exposures. It reduces the amount of 'noise' you see in the final image.

Here is a good guide:
http://shutterbug.com/techniques/pro_techniques/1007artrails/index.html
that link is a real help, thanks leo. turns out the maximum i can get is a 60second shutter time- or 8 minutes in bulb. if i can go for 10 6 minute shots stacked that should be ample, i need to sit and play. if the stars are out tonight i may well try.

Ragnarok
04-28-2011, 02:01 PM
That was my point! By time you add all of the components and finish the case you'd need two of you to move it!:D
Well, that's what the wheels and telescopic handle is for. :banana: I can drag that mutha in style, yo! Jus' get me sum spinnas an' sum gohd fo ma' grille. http://hvx-rc.com/forumstuff/emo/emo-pimping.gif

Dude knows his wood! lol, nice work thus far Rag, an im not sure your CPU cooler is big enough :huh:
It's just a Vigor Monsoon LTIII. There are much bigger ones out there. :blink:

Hooray, 28th of April and its snowing

We had snow falling up here on the first of May a couple of years ago. I'm sorry, Global What-ning? :lolbeat:

The Stray Cat
04-28-2011, 02:08 PM
We might get snow tomorrow night, depending on the actual temp drop.

THE_JOKER
04-28-2011, 02:11 PM
2012.......*cough*

The Stray Cat
04-28-2011, 02:27 PM
2012.......*cough*

:lolbeat::D:rolling::lolbeat::rolling::D:facepalm: :facepalm::facepalm:

Ragnarok
04-28-2011, 02:27 PM
2012.......*cough*

…or…

The Stray Cat
04-28-2011, 02:28 PM
Rag, I need that on a T-Shirt! That is too good!

Ragnarok
04-28-2011, 02:30 PM
I think that's ultimately where that came from was a T-shirt.

Ragnarok
04-28-2011, 02:34 PM
Sk8te, this one's for you…
http://epicwinftw.files.wordpress.com/2010/05/ew-ati-sg.gif

THE_JOKER
04-28-2011, 02:35 PM
lol, my new card came today after the Sony episode, the expiry date says 2014, so my bank is being optimistic.

Ragnarok
04-28-2011, 02:36 PM
Probably won't get mine until next week.

THE_JOKER
04-28-2011, 02:39 PM
I was surprised to get mine so quick tbh.

LondonF350
04-28-2011, 02:48 PM
Sk8te, this one's for you…
http://epicwinftw.files.wordpress.com/2010/05/ew-ati-sg.gif

I lol'd! :rofl:

The Stray Cat
04-28-2011, 02:51 PM
^^^^^^^^^
Rag that is hilarious!

LondonF350
04-28-2011, 02:52 PM
I was surprised to get mine so quick tbh.

Well, they get the 'sending new credit cards out fast' bonus, to add to their 'we ruined the economy' bonus, and the 'we owe the nation billions but we're not paying it back' bonus!!! :crazy:

LondonF350
04-28-2011, 02:54 PM
@rag.. the case looks great so far. I have often thought about building a pc case out of wood, but sadly lack the skill, patience, materials, tools, space and vision to do it well... so I watch with interest! :popcorn:

Love this Nano.....
http://www.coolest-gadgets.com/wp-content/uploads/g-metric_nano.jpg

Ragnarok
04-28-2011, 03:04 PM
I'm building out of wood because it's what I know and I can do it cheaply. I'm not going for looks - all of the wood will be buried inside that polyethylene rack case. :lol:

The pic you posted, I think I've seen other examples of that guy's work. His approach is very art deco. I've thought of what kind of style I'd follow if I made a case out of wood meant to be displayed as art, but I can never really make it work on paper. This "use leftovers from kitchen and library jobs and make sure it's hidden in black plastic" technique seems to be just fine with me. :lol:

LondonF350
04-28-2011, 03:08 PM
Lol, whatever works for you...
Still requires mad skillz to get it right. Mine would look like I had used a chainsaw to cut the pieces!! :wacko:

http://gadgets.softpedia.com/images/news/Chainsaw-Equipped-Doom-III-PC-Case-Mod-is-Very-Cool-3.jpg

Ragnarok
04-28-2011, 03:13 PM
I could do a decent job, it's just that I'd want to avoid something that just looked like a tall wooden box. I'd want to be more artistic with it.

The approach I'm taking on this one, stylistically, is just fine for a studio. It's not pretty, but it'll be rugged and should stand up to a lot of abuse in the event I have to grab it and run and throw it in the back of a vehicle.

The Stray Cat
04-28-2011, 03:15 PM
I would think it would require quite the cooling system inside a wooden case. Wood is a good heat holder.

Ragnarok
04-28-2011, 03:16 PM
Well, it'd be cooled just like any other case, either by fan vents or a liquid cooling system. You'd definitely not want to seal it up completely.

Ragnarok
04-28-2011, 04:19 PM
Latest Transformers 3 trailer is up!
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=AMCUl0JqnJo

EDIT: I JUST DOWNLOADED AND WATCHED!!!

http://hvx-rc.com/forumstuff/emo/emo-bigshock.gif

HOLY FLIPPING DANGHECK!!!

If the final movie is HALF as good as this trailer lets on it is, then it will be TWICE as good as TF2. You'll get a good look at Shockwave send someone to meet their manufacturer (don't know who it is that gets blasted), but Sentinel is nowhere to be seen. Sounds like the Autobots flip the bird to the Earth after they've been fed some typical Grade A US Gubmint BS and it's up to an outmatched band of soldiers that have to try to solve it. Of course, you know that Optimus n' Co. don't abandon ship because you see Optimus bring the pain in downtown Chicago (similar footage from original Super Bowl trailer)

Lee
04-28-2011, 06:11 PM
wowww. that looks awesome.
whats with the apple watermark in the bottom corner?

Ragnarok
04-28-2011, 06:58 PM
Apple iz trakking u! :mad:

Naw, it originally "aired" on Apple's movie trailers page earlier today. Everyone's been gangking it from there. :lol: And…

…IT'S MEGAN FOX FREE!!!!!!!!! http://hvx-rc.com/forumstuff/emo/emo-flex.gif

I've downloaded it in 1080p and I'm going to run it on my HackStation 3 with the audio at a good volume a few times and drool. :drool:

oldskoolmini
04-28-2011, 07:05 PM
Wonder if OSM did his wind surfing thing with the umbrella?.

No i didnt do umbrella wind surfing. but i did get outside and film the storm a little. 40 mph winds make the wheelchair wanna tip over.

Latest Transformers 3 trailer is up!
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=AMCUl0JqnJo

EDIT: I JUST DOWNLOADED AND WATCHED!!!

http://hvx-rc.com/forumstuff/emo/emo-bigshock.gif

HOLY FLIPPING DANGHECK!!!

If the final movie is HALF as good as this trailer lets on it is, then it will be TWICE as good as TF2. You'll get a good look at Shockwave send someone to meet their manufacturer (don't know who it is that gets blasted), but Sentinel is nowhere to be seen. Sounds like the Autobots flip the bird to the Earth after they've been fed some typical Grade A US Gubmint BS and it's up to an outmatched band of soldiers that have to try to solve it. Of course, you know that Optimus n' Co. don't abandon ship because you see Optimus bring the pain in downtown Chicago (similar footage from original Super Bowl trailer)

OH MY GOD! the new TF looks insane!!! they really went all out on this one. i must have watched the trailer 4 times.

Edit: Tuscaloosa alabama got hit by a massive tornado wednesday. the university of alabama is really messed up. the whole surrounding area looks like a war zone. my sister lives down there and i havent heard from her to see if she is alright. so everyone please pray for the tornado victims.

Ragnarok
04-28-2011, 07:18 PM
Alabama's really been hammered this go-around. Definitely praying for those in need. :(

The Stray Cat
04-28-2011, 09:05 PM
You think any of our generous movie stars who donated $1mil to Japan will step up for this???

pardonmyn00b
04-28-2011, 09:32 PM
You think any of our generous movie stars who donated $1mil to Japan will step up for this???

I doubt it

pardonmyn00b
04-28-2011, 09:37 PM
As for the Transexualformers, what's the deal with that broad's lips? I already hate her

Ragnarok
04-28-2011, 10:24 PM
Kind of the point I made earlier. :lol: Toethumb vs. Lipnose? Forget them both - I'm going to see huge flippin' robots that turn into stuff wreck big cities n' junk. Like http://hvx-rc.com/forumstuff/emo/emo-tfsoundwave.gif and http://hvx-rc.com/forumstuff/emo/emo-tfdevastator.gif. :nice: If Bay really wanted to get my attention in that department he'd find parts for Scarlett Johansson or Sofia Vergara in that movie. Otherwise it just gives me an excuse to yell at the screen, "GET BACK TO THE HUGE ROBOTS!!"

Ragnarok
04-28-2011, 10:29 PM
Wee-hoo! CamelAudio unlocked my account, I logged in using the correct password (D'OH!) and I'm attempting to download that bonus soundset again. Going to be about midnight my time when it's done, so I may just let my computer stay up. If it wasn't so danged loud I wouldn't mind it.

oldskoolmini
04-28-2011, 11:31 PM
got a call from my sister down in tuscaloosa Al. the tornado missed her by a couple miles. their house didnt get any damage. just no electricity or cell phone service in some areas.

FunkyHunk
04-29-2011, 06:21 AM
I'm glad I live in Norway :) No tornados :nice:

pardonmyn00b
04-29-2011, 06:43 AM
Kind of the point I made earlier. :lol: Toethumb vs. Lipnose? Forget them both - I'm going to see huge flippin' robots that turn into stuff wreck big cities n' junk. Like http://hvx-rc.com/forumstuff/emo/emo-tfsoundwave.gif and http://hvx-rc.com/forumstuff/emo/emo-tfdevastator.gif. :nice: If Bay really wanted to get my attention in that department he'd find parts for Scarlett Johansson or Sofia Vergara in that movie. Otherwise it just gives me an excuse to yell at the screen, "GET BACK TO THE HUGE ROBOTS!!"

In the case of toethumb vs. lipnose, everyone loses. I admit I'm not into TF, haven't seen the previous movies, but that trailer looked pretty sick.

Spoon37
04-29-2011, 07:05 AM
I'm glad I live in Norway :) No tornados :nice:

I would say same for the UK - but I'm told technically we have more tornados than the US on average(as defined by meteorologists), but due to the lesser landmass we never get the really big ones.

Hope everyone in the Tornado affected areas is safe & sound :nice:

The Stray Cat
04-29-2011, 07:11 AM
From the records I've seen the US averages something like 3,000 tornadoes a year and the next country with the most is Australia with an average of 4.

@Rag, that TF trailer was badArse! I agree I'd much rather see SJ or even SV, or that cutie from Clash Of the Titans and Prince of Persia, I think Gemma is her name.:wub:

Spoon37
04-29-2011, 07:22 AM
Hmm checking out a wikipedia article seems to agree:

The United States has the most tornadoes of any country, nearly four times more than estimated in all of Europe, excluding waterspouts.[62]

It does also add:

The United States averages about 1,200 tornadoes per year. The Netherlands has the highest average number of recorded tornadoes per area of any country (more than 20, or 0.0013 per sq mi (0.00048 per km2), annually), followed by the UK (around 33, or 0.00035 per sq mi (0.00013 per km2), per year),[65][66] but most are small and cause minor damage. In absolute number of events, ignoring area, the UK experiences more tornadoes than any other European country, excluding waterspouts.[62]

which would be better in absolute terms...

The Stray Cat
04-29-2011, 07:41 AM
Hmm checking out a wikipedia article seems to agree:

It does also add:

which would be better in absolute terms...

Interesting! Does it say why the tornadoes in the UK are on such a small level?

Spoon37
04-29-2011, 07:49 AM
Ah, a Link would have helped: http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Tornado the quotes I posted were under climateology.

just checking, it goes to some length about why the topography of the US makes so many but not much about the UK, I assume its small landmass but I may be wrong.

The Stray Cat
04-29-2011, 08:03 AM
Ah, a Link would have helped: http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Tornado the quotes I posted were under climateology.

just checking, it goes to some length about why the topography of the US makes so many but not much about the UK, I assume its small landmass but I may be wrong.

Yep from what I can gather from it the smaller land mass doesn't allow the tornadoes land to grow on. They are still awesome to see. If I was young and single again I might become a storm chaser.

THE_JOKER
04-29-2011, 08:29 AM
I would fancy the Storm Flee'r job.

I like storms actually (not tornadoes) but the thunderstorms....love it!.

Ragnarok
04-29-2011, 08:38 AM
got a call from my sister down in tuscaloosa Al. the tornado missed her by a couple miles. their house didnt get any damage. just no electricity or cell phone service in some areas.
So glad to hear that. :nice:
In the case of toethumb vs. lipnose, everyone loses. I admit I'm not into TF, haven't seen the previous movies, but that trailer looked pretty sick.

Well, one thing you could aways sort your Milk Duds when they appear on screen. I'll probably do something similar. There's a new theater that's close to being completed here in Wasilla, and I'm hoping that I can see it there. Otherwise it's wait for it to show up on BluRay like last time. :(

@Rag, that TF trailer was badArse! I agree I'd much rather see SJ or even SV, or that cutie from Clash Of the Titans and Prince of Persia, I think Gemma is her name.:wub:
Gemma Arterton. Not sure her look would fit a Bay flick, but as long as she didn't act the way she did in Clash, I'd be okay with that, too.

My hope is that this will be the real sequel to the first TF. The second one was such an abomination. What kind of unholy, heads-up-their-own-butts committee thinking arrived at the decisions to have:
Leg-humping TFs. (Wheelie.)
TFs with danglies. (Devastator.)
Farting TFs with wang-cannons. (The "kitchen bots.")
Twin mechanical Jar-Jars. (Skids and Mudflap. They could have been funny, but they're not.)
Dogs dominance humping.
Rainn Wilson. :kick:
Mom unknowingly eating pot-brownies and blabbing about the kid losing his virginity to any random stranger.
A TF that's a ripoff of both Terminator 3 AND Species which is played by a sorrowfully unattractive stick-girl.
A second, even MORE unlikeable Shia Lebeuf-type. The movie already had one, it didn't need another one.
Brand-new Autobots that no one could care about, one of which comes off as a Monty Python reject. (This could have been solved with better writing.)
Brand-new Decepticons that no one could care about. (Devastator and The Fallen - HELLO! These were key antagonists! This was fixable!)
Megatron just acting like Agent Smith for part of the movie.
The f-bomb. In a movie that's mostly directed at kids? Really? :nono:
A terribly executed story that didn't fit time-wise with the supposedly millions (?) of years-old Cybertronian civil war, and wasn't properly executed as it related to Earthican history.
Megan Fox. She should have been replaced by the frisbee girl who told Shia to put a muzzle on his mom.

I'm sure I could find more if I sat here and really thought about it. If whats-her-name ends up being the worst thing about TF3, then that's a blemish I can live with. :chug:

krawlRC
04-29-2011, 08:42 AM
Interesting! Does it say why the tornadoes in the UK are on such a small level?

because it would just be plain rude to allow a tornado to mess with tea time. totally unacceptable.

THE_JOKER
04-29-2011, 08:45 AM
lol, good one!.

The Stray Cat
04-29-2011, 08:52 AM
because it would just be plain rude to allow a tornado to mess with tea time. totally unacceptable.

Speaking of tea time.... How was the big wedding? all of you guys that got the day off because of it!

THE_JOKER
04-29-2011, 08:58 AM
Dunno, they got married i guess? never watched it lol.

The Stray Cat
04-29-2011, 09:01 AM
It's sad that people from over here were up at 4am or whatever so they could watch it live. I'm sure the majority were women because most men don't care about seeing their own weddings!

THE_JOKER
04-29-2011, 09:03 AM
Streets are empty today for one reason......pubs are open till late tonight for the big day lol.

Ragnarok
04-29-2011, 09:07 AM

:facepalm:

The Stray Cat
04-29-2011, 09:13 AM
He needs a bandana on his head and a lightning bolt dangling earring!

Lee
04-29-2011, 11:15 AM
i watched the battle of britain memorial flight flypast, and then later i saw them driving out of buckingham palace in his dads convertible aston martin db5...
didnt watch much else!

LondonF350
04-29-2011, 12:17 PM
Speaking of tea time.... How was the big wedding? all of you guys that got the day off because of it!

I enjoyed it! All in all, a (jolly) good show. :nice:

I didn't get the day off, but work was so quiet that I had nothing to do but sit in the office with the TV on.

The hotel where i work is quite close so I went up on the roof for the fly-past. :wave:

I don't know why so many people are so 'bah-humbug' about it. :dunno:

I say good luck to 'em. :chug:

The Stray Cat
04-29-2011, 12:23 PM
I'm not Bah Humbug about it, I just think it's ridiculous for Americans to get at 4am to watch the wedding and act like they are involved in the shin dig. I hope for Kate's sake she last longer than Diane.

Lee
04-29-2011, 01:07 PM
i honestly did not expect it to be so big, in this country or abroad.

The Stray Cat
04-29-2011, 01:12 PM
I think the media pushe dthe event hard, basically this is the first positive thing to happen in a long time, so why not push it. All we have heard for years about on the news is WAR, The Crappy Economy, and Natural Disasters.

Lee
04-29-2011, 01:32 PM
yup. it gives everyone a nice chance to get together, there have been a few roads closed whilst people have street parties over here- why not?

LondonF350
04-29-2011, 01:43 PM
I'm not Bah Humbug about it, I just think it's ridiculous for Americans to get at 4am to watch the wedding and act like they are involved in the shin dig. I hope for Kate's sake she last longer than Diane.

Americans can take it or leave it, I don't expect any johnny foreigner to be interested in what our Royal family does. The fact that every American I have met in the last few weeks has been thrilled at the prospect is a bonus. :nice:
What surprises me is when Brits are bah-humbug about the Royal wedding. :dunno:
The whole Royal thing is a huge part of our heritage. I don't think there is anything wrong with being proud to be British, and supporting our Royals... it's just horribly unfashionable at the moment. <_<

The Stray Cat
04-29-2011, 01:45 PM
Americans can take it or leave it, I don't expect any johnny foreigner to be interested in what our Royal family does. The fact that every American I have met in the last few weeks has been thrilled at the prospect is a bonus. :nice:
What surprises me is when Brits are bah-humbug about the Royal wedding. :dunno:
The whole Royal thing is a huge part of our heritage. I don't think there is anything wrong with being proud to be British, and supporting our Royals... it's just horribly unfashionable at the moment. <_<

Oh well.

I think it's unfashionable to support anything related to country leadership here or overthere at the moment.:boxin:

Lee
04-29-2011, 01:49 PM
maybe if the price of things started to drop down, fuel, tax, etc people would be more supportive- people just see them as another thing to pay tax toward. infact, theyre probably a huge tourism boost for the country- who goes to london and doesnt go to see buckingham palace?
without the royals, i think the country would loose ALOT of what it has going for it- think of england, its tea, crumpets and the queen.

The Stray Cat
04-29-2011, 01:52 PM
When I think of England, I always think Sex Pistols!

Lee
04-29-2011, 01:54 PM
sex pistols- god save the queen
all conected :crazy:

THE_JOKER
04-29-2011, 01:56 PM
Im not "Bah Humbug" about it either? lol, best of luck to them both!, i just have no interest in it.

LondonF350
04-29-2011, 02:10 PM
maybe if the price of things started to drop down, fuel, tax, etc people would be more supportive- people just see them as another thing to pay tax toward. infact, theyre probably a huge tourism boost for the country- who goes to london and doesnt go to see buckingham palace?
without the royals, i think the country would loose ALOT of what it has going for it- think of england, its tea, crumpets and the queen.

I can see an argument to say that some of the minor Royals are bad value as far as financing them goes.
But things like today are great for the national spirit. And a stick in the eye to all those who would attempt to break that spirit.

@ Joker, they got you an extra day off, the least you could do was watch a bit of TV!!! :poke:

THE_JOKER
04-29-2011, 02:18 PM
Extra day off?....i had that anyways what with a quiet spot in the workload :lol:

The Stray Cat
04-29-2011, 02:21 PM
Extra day off?....i had that anyways what with a quiet spot in the workload :lol:

Besides you probably did watch a little TV just not the wedding channel!:D

Spoon37
04-29-2011, 02:24 PM
Im not "Bah Humbug" about it either? lol, best of luck to them both!, i just have no interest in it.

Exactly my attitude - yes its wonderful for them to be getting married, congratulations :nice: - I just dont have any enthusiasm for watching the event on tv.

Ragnarok
04-29-2011, 02:38 PM
I was asleep when it aired the first time and was at work when they re-aired it. I think if I went to the UK I'd need some kind of English-to-American translation dictionary.

http://thumbpress.com/wp-content/uploads/2011/03/EBZze1.jpg

I doubt they'd understand me, either. :blink: Which reminds me, I should probably shave my slappy ham tomorrow. :nice:

Spoon37
04-29-2011, 02:43 PM
:lol:

Never really got the whole "bread" = "biscuits" translation myself... especially when bread can also be slang for money...

Ragnarok
04-29-2011, 02:46 PM
Man, that is one grumpy looking little kid. :lol:

The Stray Cat
04-29-2011, 02:48 PM
Yep they have a picture of her covering her ears at one point!:lolbeat: It's funny it doesn't matter if its the trailer park royalty or England's Royalty there is always an unhappy kid in the wedding!:D

THE_JOKER
04-29-2011, 02:49 PM
An by the look of it, Wills is about to get a slap from the other kid.

The Stray Cat
04-29-2011, 03:27 PM
An by the look of it, Wills is about to get a slap from the other kid.

It looks like he might know, he's got his jewels covered!:nice:

Lee
04-29-2011, 03:56 PM
http://www.insideline.com/aston-martin/db6/prince-william-drives-aston-martin-db6-away-from-royal-wedding.html

Ragnarok
04-29-2011, 11:28 PM
Here's an interesting read for those looking at analyst opinions regarding Sony's cack-handed and seemingly ambivalent mishandling of the PSN disaster…
http://www.joystiq.com/2011/04/29/gamasutra-examines-a-playstation-brand-in-crisis/
It leads to another editorial from Gamasutra, but both are very interesting.

LondonF350
04-30-2011, 04:40 AM
I think his suggestion that Sony are hoping it will 'just go away', sums the whole situation very neatly.
The problem is that as an individual consumer we feel powerless. Sony knows this, so figures they don't have to be pro-active in offering solutions. But the drip-down effect of that is a lack of trust, which will surely have an adverse affect on business.

As much as I enjoy online gaming, the old offline way of buying a game and playing it through (and then either playing it again or trading it in for a new title) seems quite appealing when the alternative is a breach of all our personal info.
(Joker has been banging this drum for quite a while... I'm starting to see his point!) ^_^

sk8te-penguin
04-30-2011, 05:39 AM
"If I can't see it... it's not there"

http://facepaw.net/facepaw.jpg

Spoon37
04-30-2011, 05:40 AM
:huh:

Ragnarok
04-30-2011, 07:01 AM
I think his suggestion that Sony are hoping it will 'just go away', sums the whole situation very neatly.
The problem is that as an individual consumer we feel powerless. Sony knows this, so figures they don't have to be pro-active in offering solutions. But the drip-down effect of that is a lack of trust, which will surely have an adverse affect on business.

As much as I enjoy online gaming, the old offline way of buying a game and playing it through (and then either playing it again or trading it in for a new title) seems quite appealing when the alternative is a breach of all our personal info.
(Joker has been banging this drum for quite a while... I'm starting to see his point!) ^_^

I agree. Regarding what you say about online gaming and alternatives I'd go even further. I've never liked online gaming, ever. It goes beyond the fact I have a slow internet connection that would cause serious issues for me and people I'd interact with. I prefer gaming as a solitary experience, unless the other person I'm gaming with is in the same room, using the same console. Buying extra content online or getting demos is sorta okay, which is the only reason I had my CC data entered into my PSN account at all, but I'd rather have those demos or add-on as physical media. I only like "online-ness" for communication and the seeking of information. Any requirement to be online for me to play a game, watch a movie, or listen to music enrages me to Network proportions. I realize I'm probably in the minority.

One of the lines in the Gamasutra editorial that I really liked was this:
If Sony wants to come through this present crisis with the PlayStation brand relatively unsullied it needs to make some big changes to how it approaches the outside world, and how it views itself. Sony has always behaved like a dictator, benevolently dispensing information to favored sycophants according to its own desires. But we live in an age of communal equality, of disrespect and distrust of authority. The sycophants are still there. But fewer and fewer people are listening.

The people demand that errant brands 'fess up, tell us what the hell is going on, and they'd better be polite about it.

To digress a little, I think Apple fits in this dictatorial category really well, too. Take how they handle the end users with anything iOS related (MUST USE iTUNES TO BUY OUR APP) as well as how they bully iOS developers and pick the winners and losers before their wares can hit the market - CONSUMERS SHOULD MAKE THAT DECISION, NOT ****ING APPLE!!! The same thing is about to happen to Mac OS X itself with their Mac App Store. And don't get me started on their irrational refusal to allow BluRay playback on Mac OS X! :mad: All of this makes me wonder what would happen if iTunes was attacked with the same level of rancor that PSN was. It would make PSN's attack look pretty small. It would seem to me that Apple is maybe better armed with security measures (just a guess - I'm no expert) as iTunes would seem to be a colossal target for hackers.

Back to Sony, if I get a next-gen console (and that's a HUGE "if" right now as the only franchise that still gets my attention is Final Fantasy, plus gaming is really low on my priorities at the moment) I'm going to look really hard at what's being offered. 2014 is the speculative date for the next round of machines from Sony and Microsoft (the next machine from "Leave Luck to Heaven" is due later this year or early next :blink:), and right now my allegiance to Sony is no more. If the next phase is to go "medialess", in other words "no physical media, internet download only" then I won't participate in that round or any successive generations of video game decks again. Especially if they take the OnLive approach where you access the game itself on some remote server where the game resides and your "console" is now just a glorified broadband modem with a game controller, a.k.a. "Cloud Gaming." I don't trust "The Cloud" and will not partake. Any service that doesn't allow me to have direct access and "ownership" of my own data on a machine that I can touch and move and turn off is one I'll refuse to interact with. It's too easy for that data to be accessed by someone that's not me, and it can be taken away at any time, so it's never really mine. Technology's march ever onward is not always a beneficial progression, especially when free agency is over thrown.

"If I can't see it... it's not there"

http://facepaw.net/facepaw.jpg

The absence of evidence does not equal the evidence of absence. :chug:

Lee
04-30-2011, 02:37 PM
hey guys, good day?
i popped into jessops earlier. a convo with my gf's dad yesterday about camera gear capable of very long exposure shots proved that old technology triumphs over new- ive borrowed a praktica BMS, lens for it, and went and bought a film and cable release today. hoping to take a shot tonight, for about 2 hours, and the same tomorow.