PDA

View Full Version : between me an rangerboy - OFFICIAL THREAD MISSION STATEMENT POST #253

Pages : 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 51 52 53 [54] 55 56 57 58 59 60 61 62 63 64 65 66 67 68 69 70 71 72 73 74 75 76 77 78 79 80 81 82

LondonF350
04-30-2011, 02:52 PM
hey guys, good day?
i popped into jessops earlier. a convo with my gf's dad yesterday about camera gear capable of very long exposure shots proved that old technology triumphs over new- ive borrowed a praktica BMS, lens for it, and went and bought a film and cable release today. hoping to take a shot tonight, for about 2 hours, and the same tomorow.

A 2 hour exposure?? I hope you live a long, long, way from any street lights!!!! :eek: :wacko:

But yes, in theory film is much better for long exposures than digital. :nice:

Lee
04-30-2011, 02:57 PM
nope... if i could, id be at my dads- middle of nowhere, no light pollution, perfect.
ive set it for an hour currently, can take quite a few pics so hopefully some will be good.
whilst i was out setting it up, i saw a shooting star- pretty cool!

LondonF350
04-30-2011, 05:43 PM
Nice. :nice:
If you are lucky the light pollution will cause an eerie glow. If you are unlucky your pic will look like it was taken during the day (if the day was orange)! :thinking:

For what it's worth, Google Sky Maps is one of the coolest apps I have downloaded on my new Android phone. Basically you hold the phone up to the sky, and the names of all the stars and constellations, that the phone is pointing at, are overlaid on the screen!! :eek: Very clever stuff! :banana:

(bizarrely, it works during the day too!! :blink: )

Ragnarok
04-30-2011, 06:42 PM
Some ads that have been playing locally up here for a while…
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=M-cpojkILO0
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=5sxhYkL7Cyg
The user that posted that second one doesn't know what moobs are. This guy has gigantic pectoralis major muscles, not "man boobs." Moobs are fat.

The Stray Cat
04-30-2011, 08:31 PM
Whenever I see guys like that it always reminds of th stand up that Pauly Shore when he was talking about these muscular guys, he said "DUUUUUDE, where's your neck and *****."

Ragnarok
05-01-2011, 12:21 AM
The answer to those questions are as follows:

Problem - The President's Neck is Missing Starring Troy MacClure.
Answer - Buried under mountainous trapezius muscles.

Problem - Crouching Willy, Hidden Gonads.
Answer - If they're steroid-monkeys, it's the overabundance of their drug of choice that's turning their grapes into raisins. Steroids don't actually do much to bringing down Wang Tower. The reason a lot of them lift at all is to compensate for the sad fact that their gift was a small one to begin with. ZING!
:facepalm:

Here's Sony's press conference on what they know (or are willing to admit they know) about the PSN attack… http://www.engadget.com/2011/05/01/sonys-kaz-hirai-will-address-playstation-network-hack-at-1am-et/

THE_JOKER
05-01-2011, 02:59 AM
:tea:

krawlRC
05-01-2011, 05:07 AM
The reason a lot of them lift at all is to compensate for the sad fact that their gift was a small one to begin with. ZING!

so, are you saying i should start working out???

Spoon37
05-01-2011, 05:56 AM

Yes... :blink:

In other news...

15,000 posts! :whore:

:banana:

Ian
05-01-2011, 08:05 AM
Don't you get banned when you get to 15,002 posts? :wave:

I have a solution to all the PS3 problems, do what I'm thinking about doing, just sell the bloody thing! It's a waste of time.
You go online for some Black ops action just to be kicked from games and sometimes not even get in a game for up to 30 mins. Then you have the constant freezing and all the other BS with that game. So you place GTA in and constantly get people attacking you with a heli even if your over the other side of the map away from everyone.

I bought my PS3 for 1 game and that was GTA. I completed the game and have to admit, nearly all the games I've had i have had more fun with them online. So if i can't get online whats the point in having it.
I wouldn't go out and buy a sports car just to have it sat on the drive to look good.

Also, has anyone else noticed the distinct lack of quality games recently? Most are kids games.

THE_JOKER
05-01-2011, 08:33 AM
You cant sell your PS3 yet.......i forbid you :D

Ragnarok
05-01-2011, 10:33 AM
That's a question only you can answer. :blink:

I bought my PS3 for 1 game and that was GTA.

I bought mine for Final Fantasy XIII and subsequent games. :lol: I was also hoping that it would play ALL my PS games, but that was a dream shattered by Sony's BS "people aren't interested in backwards compatibility," and by the time I could afford one that feature was stripped. My first console was an Atari 2600, so having a new machine play the old games I "invested in" years before that I still loved was a dream come true, like in the way the PS2 was with PS1 software. Can't win 'em all. I wonder what the PS4 will do for that. It might be PS1, PS2, and PS3 BC…provided you REPURCHASE EVERYTHING in DOWNLOAD FORM on PSN. (PSN = Pilfer Steal Network, BTW.) Or Sony'll flip their Bics at us again, using that old line, "no one's interested in those old games anymore." I know for a fact the PS4 won't have an optical drive at all - it'll be a Cloud Gaming unit. Just a rudimentary solid state memory of some kind probably for individual user settings. Everything else will be stored on some HD in Timbuktu. I'll pass, thank you, and just continue to run my PS2 and PS3 until their wheels fall off. By then reliable PS1/2/3 emulation might be available and I could just run them on my my computer. Who knows?

Also, has anyone else noticed the distinct lack of quality games recently? Most are kids games.
Not sure about the glut of kids' games, If you're talking about Telletubbies prancing about, sticking their head-prongs into each other and devil sun babies hovering in the sky, then I haven't seen that. But the issue with quality is all part of the age we live in. Too many software devs are under the gun from their publisher to get something out the door at a specific deadlne, so they release the danged thing in beta form, and with SOME luck the developer will still be in business long enough to release a patch that will fix most of the problems the beta testers…er,I mean…the people that bought the game…are having.

Often, though, the dev goes broke or they lay off the dev team that created the stupid game so there's no support to fix a game that promised so much yet delivered so little. This was a problem isolated to only PCs for a long, long time, but now that video game consoles are hard drive-equipped and internet-enabled, they've been hit with the same halfassery. It used to be that the game was finished, complete, and bug-free before it hit the shelves because they didn't get another chance to make it right. Not anymore.

Ragnarok
05-01-2011, 10:45 AM
BTW, this whole PSN fracas has put me in some bad graces with my webspace host. Since I killed my CC, my host has sent me a "There's a problem with your account" email about three hours ago. Thankfully they have a 2-week grace period, provided you take the appropriate actions to contact them (which I did). I feel they're a little expensive (about $27 per quarter) but they give pretty good service, so I shouldn't complain.

Lee
05-01-2011, 10:50 AM
Nice. :nice:
If you are lucky the light pollution will cause an eerie glow. If you are unlucky your pic will look like it was taken during the day (if the day was orange)! :thinking:

For what it's worth, Google Sky Maps is one of the coolest apps I have downloaded on my new Android phone. Basically you hold the phone up to the sky, and the names of all the stars and constellations, that the phone is pointing at, are overlaid on the screen!! :eek: Very clever stuff! :banana:

(bizarrely, it works during the day too!! :blink: )

cool! i have an app called starwalk on my ipad- it basicaly is as if your sat in the center of a sphere, and you can tilt the screen to look up, down left, right etc, and it will show planets, stars, constellations, galaxies, constellations, and will zero into where you are so that it gives you what you can see- plus a database full of other stuff you can't.

The Stray Cat
05-01-2011, 11:31 AM
All I can say is that I never liked any of the Play Station systems after the first, I've always been xbox! and I don't do online because I don't have High Speed net service where I live. I'm so far out of the network I can't even get satelite high speed.

Ragnarok
05-01-2011, 11:50 AM
I was never an Xbox fan because the titles I was interested in playing were Sony exclusives (FF, Gran Turismo, Metal Gear, etc.). Plus the PS2 played all my old PS1 games, so for me it wasn't practical to switch horses mid-race. However, with this current lineup of systems and in the case of the most recent FF game, it was cross-platform but the XB360 version was on three DVDs and in 576p low-res, whereas the PS3 version was on one disc (BluRay) and 1080p HD. If I had a traditional CRT telebizzin then that'd be less of an issue, but I got an LCD HDTV for a few reasons, one of which being high-resolution video and gaming. It's no so much brand loyalty as it is "I go where the games I play will be."

Sort of a side-note and one that will only matter to me :lol:, at the moment only the first iteration of FF13 is cross-platform: subsequent FF13 games which are Final Fantasy XIII-2 and Final Fantasy Versus XIII, are going to be PS3 exclusives, so I really don't have an interest in buying another system and having to "feed" that one too. :chug:

LondonF350
05-01-2011, 12:10 PM

Crysis 2

@ Rag, I'm a big FF fan (since VII), but was very disapointed with the last one. As far as RPG's go, I have enjoyed the Fallout series much more in recent years. New Vegas was awesome, but FO3 and Oblivion were great too.
They are kind of 'RPG/Shooters', but good for me as I enjoy both genres!!

Ragnarok
05-01-2011, 12:19 PM
I know that a lot of people didn't gel with the latest FF, and I sympathize. Gameplay-wise it felt a little too much like 12, which more or less played itself and I hated it with a passion. (I'll still probably play though 12, though. :lol:…I mean :nono:…wait, :lol:) Story-wise, I was really digging 13 (with the exception of that Bieber-esque douche funnel named Hope, and Vanille making [dare I say it] orgasm-sounds everywhere she went), but I ran into a saturation point (I do with most RPGs) and put it down. Unfortunately, I haven't touched it in so long I may have to start over just to remember what the heck I was doing. :p

I was really looking forward to the new Deus Ex game, but it's an FPS, and I get flustered and dizzy playing those. It really disappoints me because the graphics, music and story looked/sounded absolutely killer. :(

The Stray Cat
05-01-2011, 01:33 PM
I was never an Xbox fan because the titles I was interested in playing were Sony exclusives (FF, Gran Turismo, Metal Gear, etc.). Plus the PS2 played all my old PS1 games, so for me it wasn't practical to switch horses mid-race. However, with this current lineup of systems and in the case of the most recent FF game, it was cross-platform but the XB360 version was on three DVDs and in 576p low-res, whereas the PS3 version was on one disc (BluRay) and 1080p HD. If I had a traditional CRT telebizzin then that'd be less of an issue, but I got an LCD HDTV for a few reasons, one of which being high-resolution video and gaming. It's no so much brand loyalty as it is "I go where the games I play will be."

Sort of a side-note and one that will only matter to me :lol:, at the moment only the first iteration of FF13 is cross-platform: subsequent FF13 games which are Final Fantasy XIII-2 and Final Fantasy Versus XIII, are going to be PS3 exclusives, so I really don't have an interest in buying another system and having to "feed" that one too. :chug:

That's one of the reasons I've stayed with Xbox because of the Halo, and after my first xbox I really like the feel of the controller over the PS controllers.

Lee
05-01-2011, 03:42 PM
going back at the astronomy tonight- big time. got the dslr and the praktica both on tripods, and ive set up a tent with lots of warm clothes in the garden. going to stay out all night- probs sleeping with the alarm going off every now and then to alert me to check/take more photos- so i can get some decent stuff.
theres cloud tonight, but i can make out plenty of stars and there was still some light up. after 12 it should be fine, provided theres not much cloud. if there is, ill pack it all up and enjoy a nice cosy night in the tent :lol:

The Stray Cat
05-01-2011, 05:15 PM
Well Lee that sounds like a good time! Are you bringing any Marshmallows???

FunkyHunk
05-01-2011, 05:18 PM
And Lee, Don't forget to show us some of the photos you take :)

Lee
05-01-2011, 05:25 PM
yeah ill post them, cant promise they'll be good... :lol:
ive just had a look with the dslr- one of the pics i took, the light pollution seems to be giving an eerie orange glow. well chuffed! you can make out stars and all sorts. the only problem is, im not sure what star is polaris- i figure by pointing the camera north, at different angles upwards im bound to catch it.

i really hope some of the pictures from the praktica come out half as good as the olympus. im getting the orange glow, but crystal clear stars- just had a plane go over too, whilst its not picking the stars movement, the plane looks awesome.
ill deffo upload these.

The Stray Cat
05-01-2011, 06:58 PM
Finally got my 6 wheeled MAN truck! WOOT WOOT!!!

Lee
05-01-2011, 07:01 PM
i heard you like your man to have a little extra length:lolbeat:

Ragnarok
05-01-2011, 09:08 PM
:cop: Okay, nothing to see here. :lolbeat:

The Stray Cat
05-01-2011, 09:43 PM
i heard you like your man to have a little extra length:lolbeat:

oh how funny it is now that waterboy isn't around, huh Lee????:crazy::wacko:

Ragnarok
05-01-2011, 09:52 PM
Where the frack is that guy, anyway? :thinking:

oldskoolmini
05-01-2011, 10:13 PM
i think he is busy with school right now rag. im friends with him on facebook and i see all the time stuff about school and girls. typical teenager stuff.

Ragnarok
05-01-2011, 10:18 PM
Okay, at least we have some evidence that he's still kicking. :lol:

The Stray Cat
05-02-2011, 07:25 AM
i think he is busy with school right now rag. im friends with him on facebook and i see all the time stuff about school and girls. typical teenager stuff.

Ok so is there more school stuff or girl stuff? :D

THE_JOKER
05-02-2011, 07:29 AM
WB is in a locker taped up.....his FB account was hijacked.

Or should i say his FB account was "Sony'd"?

Ragnarok
05-02-2011, 09:02 AM
"All your Facebook friends are belong to us!" LULZ!

THE_JOKER
05-02-2011, 09:13 AM
:lol:

The Stray Cat
05-02-2011, 09:15 AM
Well if anything WB was always good for someone to laugh at! Not the sharpest tool in the shed.

Ragnarok
05-02-2011, 09:18 AM
TACTILE KISS TRANSMISSION DEVICE FINALLY MAKES IT OKAY TO SMOOCH YOUR COMPUTER (http://www.engadget.com/2011/05/02/tactile-kiss-transmission-device-finally-makes-it-okay-to-smooch/)

There are an infinite number of worthy, life-saving endeavors people with this kind of talent could be focusing their attention on…and yet they do this crap! :nono:

The Stray Cat
05-02-2011, 09:24 AM
TACTILE KISS TRANSMISSION DEVICE FINALLY MAKES IT OKAY TO SMOOCH YOUR COMPUTER (http://www.engadget.com/2011/05/02/tactile-kiss-transmission-device-finally-makes-it-okay-to-smooch/)

There are an infinite number of worthy, life-saving endeavors people with this kind of talent could be focusing their attention on…and yet they do this crap! :nono:

That contraption looks like something you'd find in Wonka's Chocolate factory.

The Stray Cat
05-02-2011, 11:22 AM
So I was just wandering the halls of the RCC forum and saw a very funny feedback thread, Every one remembers hotrodsonoma, who screwed a few guys over on here. He's complaining over there for the same BS that he did to guys over here. LOL! Some people should be taken out back and beat severely.
http://www.rccrawler.com/forum/showthread.php?p=3073040#post3073040

Spoon37
05-02-2011, 11:26 AM
Damn.... seen the wound on that guy :blink:

Lee
05-02-2011, 11:45 AM
didn't he stick around and pretend we all liked him afterward for abit?

The Stray Cat
05-02-2011, 11:53 AM
didn't he stick around and pretend we all liked him afterward for abit?

He tried to redeem himself but then another bad deal came out in the open and it was time to go!

Lee
05-02-2011, 11:55 AM
gosh.
in other news, had my photos developed and put onto discs'. ill make a thread later with them in.

THE_JOKER
05-02-2011, 12:11 PM
Is it the kinda thread thats got so many pics, the very fate of scale4x4's bandwidth rests on it? lol kidding, i likes me some piccies!

Lee
05-02-2011, 12:16 PM
lol. how many pics are in this thread, i wonder?

THE_JOKER
05-02-2011, 12:17 PM
Feel free to go back an count! lol.

krawlRC
05-02-2011, 12:22 PM

i believed you till you said ''and girls''.

Lee
05-02-2011, 12:23 PM
wow! thanks for the offer, but actually im good :lol:
we'll make sk8e do it with the promise of a new box with some monster stickers on it...

LondonF350
05-02-2011, 01:06 PM
lol. how many pics are in this thread, i wonder?

566 attachments! (hover over the paper clip, no I didn't count)

Oggy
05-02-2011, 01:15 PM
566 attachments! (hover over the paper clip, no I didn't count)

but that doesn't include photo bucket pics does it? they are only the pics that have been uploaded direct to the site

krawlRC
05-02-2011, 01:23 PM
i have an idea: instead of the security question to become a new member, make all noobs have to successfuly count all the pics in this thread!!

krawlRC
05-02-2011, 01:24 PM
oh and btw Oggster, its an honor to have won the Ride of the Month on your site! thanks!!

The Stray Cat
05-02-2011, 01:26 PM
oh and btw Oggster, its an honor to have won the Ride of the Month on your site! thanks!!

What where this? I want pics and proof!!!

LondonF350
05-02-2011, 01:31 PM
but that doesn't include photo bucket pics does it? they are only the pics that have been uploaded direct to the site

No, not nearly... you won't believe it, but there is one guy on here who has posted more than that of just YouTube vids!!! ^_^

Oh....... :facepalm:

Oggy
05-02-2011, 01:32 PM

no longer my site mate, sk8te has been the owner for the last few months

krawlRC
05-02-2011, 01:32 PM
ok Donald Trump lol. go to oggy's site, he has a link in his siggy. oh and pay no attention to that ''other'' name its listed as (im sure you'll figure out who i am over there lol)

krawlRC
05-02-2011, 01:33 PM
no longer my site mate, sk8te has been the owner for the last few months

oh, either way, its really cool to have won.

Oggy
05-02-2011, 01:34 PM
No, not nearly... you won't believe it, but there is one guy on here who has posted more than that of just YouTube vids!!! ^_^

who's that then :rolleyes::rolleyes::rolleyes::rolleyes::angel::an gel::angel::angel:

The Stray Cat
05-02-2011, 01:37 PM
Congrats! Oggy I didn't know you sold your site to Sk8te, does he have the technology to operate that out of his box???:crazy:

Oggy
05-02-2011, 01:39 PM
i didn't sell it him, i gave it to him for free, and he's doing great things with it.

i'm sure with a bit more time, and some more new members, it will be the busy site it used to be

The Stray Cat
05-02-2011, 01:44 PM
i didn't sell it him, i gave it to him for free, and he's doing great things with it.

i'm sure with a bit more time, and some more new members, it will be the busy site it used to be

Good to hear it coming back to life and found someone to trust with it that really cares!:chug:

THE_JOKER
05-02-2011, 02:15 PM
I got a new site too:
Click Me

You get free gold membership off the bat.

FunkyHunk
05-02-2011, 02:19 PM
what episode did the top gear spanners drive around in these cars:

http://i274.photobucket.com/albums/jj253/smonty862000/Car%20Shows%20and%20Exhibitions%20etc/IMG_0553.jpg

http://i274.photobucket.com/albums/jj253/smonty862000/Car%20Shows%20and%20Exhibitions%20etc/IMG_0551.jpg

http://i274.photobucket.com/albums/jj253/smonty862000/Car%20Shows%20and%20Exhibitions%20etc/IMG_0553.jpg

Spoon37
05-02-2011, 02:21 PM
The one where they did a classic monte carlo rally...with silly co-drivers (jezza got a champion co-driver who only spoke spanish for example)

was quite a good episode, but not exactly recent...

LondonF350
05-02-2011, 02:23 PM
Series Thirteen, Episode Six

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Top_Gear_challenges#Buying_a_pre-1982_car_for_less_than_.C2.A33.2C000

FunkyHunk
05-02-2011, 02:27 PM
Ok, thanks mates :)

Ragnarok
05-02-2011, 05:05 PM
It just doesn't end for Sony, does it?
SOE suspends services after discovering 'an issue' (http://www.joystiq.com/2011/05/02/soe-suspends-services-after-discovering-an-issue/)
Sony loses 12,700 credit card account numbers, 24.6 million accounts compromised [update] (http://www.joystiq.com/2011/05/02/sony-hit-with-second-attack-loses-12-700-credit-card-nu/)

Long story short, Sony Online Entertainment (SOE) was attacked this morning. SOE is their MMO enterprise and is different than PSN. They've totally fracked up AGAIN!

oldskoolmini
05-02-2011, 05:45 PM
hey fellas! been sick lately. i just checked my temp and it read 102.2 degrees. my head is spinning so bad i can hardly type!:shoot:

2k2cse
05-02-2011, 09:43 PM
hey fellas! been sick lately. i just checked my temp and it read 102.2 degrees. my head is spinning so bad i can hardly type!:shoot:

That from all that excercise you got the other day on the hand bike :lol:
Hope you feel better soon :chug:

Ragnarok
05-02-2011, 10:50 PM
Got my threaded inserts this morning. Kinda. I went into the hardware/tool store and they only had 13 8-32 threaded inserts that were not the "press-in" type. :nono: I need about twice that many more. Gotta do mail order I guess. :rolleyes:

FunkyHunk
05-03-2011, 12:30 AM

http://i89.photobucket.com/albums/k205/funkyhunk/Funny/458.jpg

Spoon37
05-03-2011, 05:57 AM
It just doesn't end for Sony, does it?
SOE suspends services after discovering 'an issue' (http://www.joystiq.com/2011/05/02/soe-suspends-services-after-discovering-an-issue/)
Sony loses 12,700 credit card account numbers, 24.6 million accounts compromised [update] (http://www.joystiq.com/2011/05/02/sony-hit-with-second-attack-loses-12-700-credit-card-nu/)

Long story short, Sony Online Entertainment (SOE) was attacked this morning. SOE is their MMO enterprise and is different than PSN. They've totally fracked up AGAIN!

Oh...yay... that would be the SOE that runs DCUO and SWG - not that I've ever paid for subs for either game...

BUGGER! :banghead:

THE_JOKER
05-03-2011, 12:04 PM
SOE.....the hell is that?...sounds like another name for the Playstation network?

Have i been Sony'd again?.

THE_JOKER
05-03-2011, 12:07 PM
Just found this whilst googling the binladen thing:

"Bin Laden must have had his contact info in his PSN account"

The Stray Cat
05-03-2011, 12:24 PM
Just found this whilst googling the binladen thing:

"Bin Laden must have had his contact info in his PSN account"

LOL! There was a skit awhile on Saturday Night live about a guy in the witness protection program I believe and he was putting al of his contact info online, like facebook and WOW! It was pretty funny. Many people are too stupid!:rolling:

Lee
05-03-2011, 12:35 PM
:lol:
hit me earlier, i have two weeks until i leave school for good.... thats just mad... :lol:
in two months, imay be working on my own 1:1 project also...

THE_JOKER
05-03-2011, 12:41 PM
On the last day of school we all went to Alton Towers (Theme park to non UK peeps) as a last treat before leaving, was great till the ride home an the coach was full of girls crying that they aint gonna see their friends again.....schools finished....you can see them any time ya like ffs.

Ian
05-03-2011, 12:47 PM
On the last day of school we all went to Alton Towers (Theme park to non UK peeps) as a last treat before leaving, was great till the ride home an the coach was full of girls crying that they aint gonna see their friends again.....schools finished....you can see them any time ya like ffs.

^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^

See, case in point!!

http://i50.photobucket.com/albums/f303/Iansvecs/men37.gif

^_^

THE_JOKER
05-03-2011, 12:49 PM
http://cbsbutler.files.wordpress.com/2010/08/victor-meldrew.jpg

The Stray Cat
05-03-2011, 12:50 PM
Well Lee my only advice is enjoy the last of it while ya can, the real world is a beyotch!

Oggy
05-03-2011, 12:51 PM
http://i267.photobucket.com/albums/ii320/captinkev/33613071.jpg

Ian
05-03-2011, 12:54 PM
http://cbsbutler.files.wordpress.com/2010/08/victor-meldrew.jpg

http://i50.photobucket.com/albums/f303/Iansvecs/SNA1525GX1_280_803810a.jpg

THE_JOKER
05-03-2011, 12:58 PM
http://img.dailymail.co.uk/i/pix/2008/04_02/meldrewDM0804_468x319.jpg

Ian
05-03-2011, 01:13 PM
http://img.dailymail.co.uk/i/pix/2008/04_02/meldrewDM0804_468x319.jpg

A relation of yours?

http://i50.photobucket.com/albums/f303/Iansvecs/draft_lens14328631module126742481photo_1287349854O ne_foot_in_the_grave_2_b.jpg

THE_JOKER
05-03-2011, 01:15 PM
I wouldnt say no.....to the woman i mean, not Victor lol.

Spoon37
05-03-2011, 01:22 PM
SOE = Sony Online Entertainment - the non playstation online game subscription thingy for PC MMO games like DC universe online(as well as older titles like everquestI/II, star wars galaxies) etc...

http://www.soe.com/securityupdate/

MojaveMonster
05-03-2011, 01:55 PM
Quick question, hope you dont mind me asking here...

I think Ive heard them portals but what are the green gear reduction knuckles called that fit axial axles?

I clicked the wrong box and removed it from my wish list

THE_JOKER
05-03-2011, 02:00 PM
Hot Racing ones?

MojaveMonster
05-03-2011, 02:58 PM
Oh ok, they for cco1. Well, guess Ill do more research before I dive in head first.
Thanks

THE_JOKER
05-03-2011, 03:01 PM
I think 3 racing do Portals for Axial axles too?.

EDIT: http://os.3racing.hk/products.php?products_key=3793

pardonmyn00b
05-03-2011, 03:10 PM
Don't those blow up instantly upon use?

jake10684
05-03-2011, 03:53 PM
Only when they're painted red.

Or was it blue...

Ragnarok
05-03-2011, 08:40 PM
Chartreuse. :nice:

ALRIGHT, you TWENTY-TWELVERS! Here's sommat fo' youse to chew on…
Mayan Calendar May Be Off by 50 Years or More ( http://www.latino.foxnews.com/latino/lifestyle/2011/05/03/mayan-calendar-off-wrong-50-years)

Some key info:
Get your calendars out, because there may be a correction to make as a growing list of skeptics – including the Minneapolis professor who re-arranged the zodiac – say the end of Mayan calendar may be off.
Way off.
If you buy into the doomsday deadline, the Mayan calendar comes to an end in just 600 days. But some experts now believe that a miscalculation that occurred while converting the Mayan calendar to our own could be between 50 to 100 years off.
So far, it seems nothing – not even the planets – are lining up as predicted.

Just about every recent disaster has seemed apocalyptic – from earthquakes and tsunamis to record tornados – but some still aren’t taking the bait.

“It’s so absurd,” said Parke Kunkel.

Kunkel, an astronomy professor in Minneapolis, said the stars and planets just aren’t lining up according to the Mayan myth, which states the Earth and Sun will align with the black hole at the center of the Milky Way.
Okay, here's where I have a problem with this "Mayan Prophecy." Black Holes weren't identified until the 20th century. Is the current translation (which was made by whom, by the way?) suggesting that the Mayans knew what a black hole was and there may be one at the center of our galaxy? We're dealing with anachronisms of serious proportions.
Though December 21, 2012, has essentially become the new Y2K, for the astronomer, it’s just another day at the office.
“The only significance for me is, I’m going to have a bonfire in the driveway because it’s the winter solstice,” said Kunkel.

Another Mayan prophesy claims a rogue planet or moon will suddenly crash into the Earth, but that space invader should theoretically be visible in the southern hemisphere by now.

Kunkel said he believes the reason the apocalypse theory has caught on is because it’s a great way to sell books and movies.
Regarding the boldface in this segment, the greatest likelihood is a meteor or comet rather than rogue planets or moons.

After all of the big earthquakes, "Fingers of God" tornadoes, and other serious storms and events, I'm certainly willing to agree with the idea that "it's not the end of the world, but you can see it from here." Big events like this have always happened, and far, far worse have been and will be. The singular difference is it how that will affect a modern civilization. But the Apocalypse is far more than just natural disasters - we still have freakishly horrific man-made disasters in the form of Armageddon, one-world tyrannies, world-wide economic collapse, induced famines, genocide in every country, and other Babylonian-minded catastrophes to deal with before that. And when all of those things are in full swing, then maybe a big comet landing in the Himalayas would be a refreshing change. :nice: <-- I guess.

/rant off

Ragnarok
05-03-2011, 09:08 PM
In other news, I've replaced my toes with olives. :nice:

jake10684
05-03-2011, 09:13 PM
Also,

http://watchplayread.com/files/2011/03/shut-up-and-take-my-money.jpg

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=kKv8AaHqsNY

More info and videos here: http://www.dbfletcher.com/capstan-table/

BADMUTHATrUCKER
05-03-2011, 09:21 PM
Bit of frost bite there, Rag?

The only thing I am expectantly waiting upon in december next year is amusement watching the panic merchants running around like ... er, they did in 1999.

I remember on the 21st of Dec, 1999 there was a black out in my town. It was a hot day, and I bet everyone had their aircon cranked. The local paper reported it as "Is this an early warning of the millennium bug?" - Front page headline.

Back to the root of this. The Mayan calendar shows this current cycle ending, not the world. Like seasons, they had cycles of fire and cycles of water. That's all, it's like "It's the last day of spring, WE'RE ALL GONNA DIE".

As for it being the last entry equating in doom, shouldn't that mean the world ends on Dec 31 every year? Why trust their calendar over ours?

The world didn't end in 1993, 1999 and it won't end in 2012, well, by anything to do with Mayans. After all, they could not foretell the end of their world, right?

The Stray Cat
05-03-2011, 09:26 PM
Chartreuse. :nice:

ALRIGHT, you TWENTY-TWELVERS! Here's sommat fo' youse to chew on…
Mayan Calendar May Be Off by 50 Years or More ( http://www.latino.foxnews.com/latino/lifestyle/2011/05/03/mayan-calendar-off-wrong-50-years)

Some key info:

Okay, here's where I have a problem with this "Mayan Prophecy." Black Holes weren't identified until the 20th century. Is the current translation (which was made by whom, by the way?) suggesting that the Mayans knew what a black hole was and there may be one at the center of our galaxy? We're dealing with anachronisms of serious proportions.

Regarding the boldface in this segment, the greatest likelihood is a meteor or comet rather than rogue planets or moons.

After all of the big earthquakes, "Fingers of God" tornadoes, and other serious storms and events, I'm certainly willing to agree with the idea that "it's not the end of the world, but you can see it from here." Big events like this have always happened, and far, far worse have been and will be. The singular difference is it how that will affect a modern civilization. But the Apocalypse is far more than just natural disasters - we still have freakishly horrific man-made disasters in the form of Armageddon, one-world tyrannies, world-wide economic collapse, induced famines, genocide in every country, and other Babylonian-minded catastrophes to deal with before that. And when all of those things are in full swing, then maybe a big comet landing in the Himalayas would be a refreshing change. :nice: <-- I guess.

/rant off

Rag my rebuttle...

Yes It is becoming evident that the translation of the Mayan calendar was wrong. The black hole, which was known by the Mayan astronomers, not by name or course, alignment with the sun and earth is on a 2600 year cycle. Now the earth has gone through at least five catastrophic periods where all life ceased to exist. It is believed that this happens on these 2600 year cycles also. This is what is supposed to cause the 2012 situation, It has been found that the last time the earth's polarity switched.

So no it probably won't happen next year and when it does it aint going to matter anyway to me because I'll be worm food!

primus2010
05-03-2011, 09:41 PM
Im in agreeance with the people running around all crazy like Y2K. Well, in my small town on Dec 31st 1999 most people were too drunk to care, but either way, I plan on being out of town during the "2012" prophecy date. People individually can be intelligent, people as a whole are mindless, dangerous, panicky creatures......and I want nothing to do with them during another dooms-day theory. I foresee looting and riots, so I shall sit in the sticks with my trusty radio and CB until the madness subsides.

pardonmyn00b
05-03-2011, 09:43 PM
The world is ending, let's rape and pillage!

Ragnarok
05-03-2011, 09:59 PM
Also,

http://watchplayread.com/files/2011/03/shut-up-and-take-my-money.jpg

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=kKv8AaHqsNY

More info and videos here: http://www.dbfletcher.com/capstan-table/
HOLY FLIPPING AWESOME! Is that table an Autobot or a Decepticon? :lol: I can't even imagine the engineering that went into that mechanism. It looks like Mahogany crotch veneers on the top, though - that much I've figured out. :lol:
Bit of frost bite there, Rag?
I do have the window open, and, yeah, my toes are a little cold. :lol:

The only thing I am expectantly waiting upon in december next year is amusement watching the panic merchants running around like ... er, they did in 1999.

I remember on the 21st of Dec, 1999 there was a black out in my town. It was a hot day, and I bet everyone had their aircon cranked. The local paper reported it as "Is this an early warning of the millennium bug?" - Front page headline.

Back to the root of this. The Mayan calendar shows this current cycle ending, not the world. Like seasons, they had cycles of fire and cycles of water. That's all, it's like "It's the last day of spring, WE'RE ALL GONNA DIE".

As for it being the last entry equating in doom, shouldn't that mean the world ends on Dec 31 every year? Why trust their calendar over ours?

The world didn't end in 1993, 1999 and it won't end in 2012, well, by anything to do with Mayans. After all, they could not foretell the end of their world, right?
Yup. :nice:
Rag my rebuttle...

Yes It is becoming evident that the translation of the Mayan calendar was wrong. The black hole, which was known by the Mayan astronomers, not by name or course, alignment with the sun and earth is on a 2600 year cycle. Now the earth has gone through at least five catastrophic periods where all life ceased to exist. It is believed that this happens on these 2600 year cycles also. This is what is supposed to cause the 2012 situation, It has been found that the last time the earth's polarity switched.

So no it probably won't happen next year and when it does it aint going to matter anyway to me because I'll be worm food!
You might be interested in a book by Isaac Asimov, called Nightfall. It explores a similar concept, except the planet isn't Earth, and it orbits six suns. These suns never set in conjunction - there's always at least one or more in the sky at all times. A scientist discovers these historical phases on the planet in soil strata, and it's then found that civilizations have been collapsing in measurable intervals. Pretty soon it's postulated that these civilizations collapse in conjunction with all the suns setting at once, and they're at the verge of the next one. What causes the collapses is world-wide mass hysteria. These people never know a time of real darkness. It's an awesome book. One can use the analogy of sunlight to technology in any and all forms. Imagine if the world's internet was turned off, or entire countries' power grids were taken down. Something very similar to the book would happen in real life.

I preferred the novel over the short story (I read both in high school). AVOID THE MOVIE. Roger Corman was the producer and there's maybe three western actors in it, including autoerotic-asphyxiation legend Hung Fu…I mean David Carradine. The rest are Bollywood washouts that would work for $20/week.

MojaveMonster
05-03-2011, 10:09 PM
Is it 5 o'clock yet?

Ragnarok
05-03-2011, 10:17 PM
The first person that says "it's five o-clock somewhere" gets a club to the temple. :cop: :lol:

pardonmyn00b
05-03-2011, 10:45 PM
What about "it's 12:45 somewhere"?

pardonmyn00b
05-03-2011, 10:47 PM
I just heard a ban hammer in the distance...:boxin:

Ragnarok
05-03-2011, 10:50 PM
Here's a rhetorical question for you Zen-types: What's the sound of one leg kicking ***?

http://hvx-rc.com/forumstuff/catdogowl/cat-gray.gif

THE_JOKER
05-04-2011, 01:53 AM
What i miss? where did Binnys thread go? lol.

BADMUTHATrUCKER
05-04-2011, 03:11 AM
Musical interlude!

My old mate Simon has decided to record some videos. This is one of them.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=v-BXKI9d0vU&feature=related

Spoon37
05-04-2011, 05:22 AM
What i miss? where did Binnys thread go? lol.

Its been covered up to fuel conspiracy theories!!!

Nah in all seriousness the thread was #1 somewhat de-railed by page 7-8, and perhaps more importantly: #2 dangerously political to the point we were getting complaints, so its been locked and stuffed in the mod forum where it can do no more harm.

"How are you gentlemen."
"what you say!"
"all your threads are belong to us..."

THE_JOKER
05-04-2011, 05:41 AM
So it got Sony'd.

Ian
05-04-2011, 06:32 AM
Sorry to flog a locked horse, but i just read this:

Pakistan alerted the US to suspicions about Osama bin Laden's compound in Abbottabad as far back as 2009, the country's Foreign Secretary has revealed.

Salman Bashir said American concerns over whether it could trust Pakistan's security and intelligence services were "misplaced" and insisted it had extended "every co-operation" to the US and played a "pivotal role" in the fight against terror.

Islamabad is smarting over Washington's decision not to inform it in advance of the audacious special forces raid which led to the killing of the al Qaida leader in a city which is home to Pakistan's elite officer training college.

CIA director Leon Panetta has said the Pakistani authorities were not told in advance because of fears that the information would be leaked, allowing bin Laden the opportunity to flee.

The row blew up as the White House released further details of bin Laden's death, revealing that the terrorist mastermind was unarmed when he was shot dead by US Navy Seal commandos, and did not attempt to shelter behind his wife as initially believed.

Mr Panetta also revealed that the US is considering releasing photos of bin Laden's body and its burial at sea, to counter suspicions in the Arab world and internet conspiracy theories that he might still be alive.

Meanwhile, bin Laden's daughter has claimed that her father was captured alive and then shot dead by US special forces in the first few minutes of their 40-minute operation at his compound, according to reports.

The Arabic news network Al-Arabiya quoted "senior Pakistani security officials" as saying that the 12-year-old said her father was shot dead in front of his family before being dragged to a US military helicopter. The body of bin Laden's son was also reportedly taken away by helicopter.

Al-Arabiya also quoted security sources as saying that bin Laden family members - including six children, one of Osama's wives and a Yemeni woman who may be their personal doctor - had been transported to hospital in Rawalpindi, near the capital Islamabad.

White House spokesman Jay Carney has insisted the US commandos were prepared to take bin Laden alive, but said he was "resisting" when he was shot dead.

Sorry for bringing it up, but it always make me laugh when people defend such monsters! Next they will be saying hunting him down was against his human rights and his family is suing for the years on the run?

I'm sorry again, but what about the many many innocent unarmed dead due to him? Makes me sick! Don't investigate, finish the job and kill everyone he was affiliated with too.

sk8te-penguin
05-04-2011, 06:42 AM
True dat!

THE_JOKER
05-04-2011, 06:47 AM
True dat!

Word!.

http://policulture.files.wordpress.com/2008/02/barack-obama-bling-bling-25322.jpg

Ian
05-04-2011, 07:04 AM
http://i289.photobucket.com/albums/ll217/XMrs_SkellingtonX/President%20Obama/obama.gif

The Stray Cat
05-04-2011, 07:25 AM
Today is national Star Wars day

May the 4th be with you!

Ragnarok
05-04-2011, 07:56 AM
Yup. It's also the day Lucasfilm/20thC Fox has released all the major details on the Star Wars Saga BluRays:

September 12 International, September 16 US (what?!?).
40 hours of special features (much of it completely new stuff).
Released in three versions - All six movies in one set; just the original trilogy; just the prequel trilogy.

Here's the complete press release if you have some time: Bring home the adventure and share Star Wars™ with your whole family – when STAR WARS: THE COMPLETE SAGA comes to Blu-ray Disc from Lucasfilm Ltd. and Twentieth Century Fox Home Entertainment! To be released beginning on September 12 internationally and on September 16 in North America, the nine-disc collection brings the wonder of the entire Saga direct to your living room, where you can revisit all of your favorite Star Wars moments – in gorgeous high definition and with pristine, 6.1 DTS Surround Sound. Dive deeper into the universe with an unprecedented 40+ hours of special features, highlighted by never-before-seen content sourced from the Lucasfilm archives.

Special Features:

STAR WARS: THE COMPLETE SAGA ON BLU-RAY is presented in widescreen with 6.1 DTS Surround Sound. Special features include:

DISC ONE – STAR WARS: EPISODE I THE PHANTOM MENACE

Audio Commentary with George Lucas, Rick McCallum, Ben Burtt, Rob Coleman, John Knoll, Dennis Muren and Scott Squires
Audio Commentary from Archival Interviews with Cast and Crew

DISC TWO – STAR WARS: EPISODE II ATTACK OF THE CLONES

Audio Commentary with George Lucas, Rick McCallum, Ben Burtt, Rob Coleman, Pablo Helman, John Knoll and Ben Snow

DISC THREE – STAR WARS: EPISODE III REVENGE OF THE SITH

Audio Commentary with George Lucas, Rick McCallum, Rob Coleman, John Knoll and Roger Guyett

DISC FOUR – STAR WARS: EPISODE IV A NEW HOPE

Audio Commentary with George Lucas, Carrie Fisher, Ben Burtt and Dennis Muren

DISC FIVE – STAR WARS: EPISODE V THE EMPIRE STRIKES BACK

Audio Commentary with George Lucas, Irvin Kershner, Carrie Fisher, Ben Burtt and Dennis Muren

DISC SIX – STAR WARS: EPISODE VI RETURN OF THE JEDI

Audio Commentary with George Lucas, Carrie Fisher, Ben Burtt and Dennis Muren

DISC SEVEN – NEW! STAR WARS ARCHIVES: EPISODES I-III

Including: deleted, extended and alternate scenes; prop, maquette and costume turnarounds; matte paintings and concept art; supplementary interviews with cast and crew; a flythrough of the Lucasfilm Archives and more

DISC EIGHT – NEW! STAR WARS ARCHIVES: EPISODES IV-VI

Including: deleted, extended and alternate scenes; prop, maquette and costume turnarounds; matte paintings and concept art; supplementary interviews with cast and crew; and more

DISC NINE – THE STAR WARS DOCUMENTARIES

NEW! Star Warriors (2007, Color, Apx. 84 Minutes) – Some Star Wars fans want to collect action figures...these fans want to be action figures! A tribute to the 501st Legion, a global organization of Star Wars costume enthusiasts, this insightful documentary shows how the super-fan club promotes interest in the films through charity and volunteer work at fundraisers and high-profile special events around the world.
NEW! A Conversation with the Masters: The Empire Strikes Back 30 Years Later (2010, Color, Apx. 25 Minutes) – George Lucas, Irvin Kershner, Lawrence Kasdan and John Williams look back on the making of The Empire Strikes Back in this in-depth retrospective from Lucasfilm created to help commemorate the 30th anniversary of the movie. The masters discuss and reminisce about one of the most beloved films of all time.
NEW! Star Wars Spoofs (2011, Color, Apx. 91 Minutes) – The farce is strong with this one! Enjoy a hilarious collection of Star Wars spoofs and parodies that have been created over the years, including outrageous clips from Family Guy, The Simpsons, How I Met Your Mother and more - and don't miss "Weird Al" Yankovic's one-of-a-kind music video tribute to The Phantom Menace!
The Making of Star Wars (1977, Color, Apx. 49 Minutes) – Learn the incredible behind-the-scenes story of how the original Star Wars movie was brought to the big screen in this fascinating documentary hosted by C-3PO and R2-D2. Includes interviews with George Lucas and appearances by Mark Hamill, Harrison Ford and Carrie Fisher.
The Empire Strikes Back: SPFX (1980, Color, Apx. 48 Minutes) – Learn the secrets of making movies in a galaxy far, far away. Hosted by Mark Hamill, this revealing documentary offers behind-the-scenes glimpses into the amazing special effects that transformed George Lucas' vision for Star Wars and The Empire Strikes Back into reality!
Classic Creatures: Return of the Jedi (1983, Color, Apx. 48 Minutes) – Go behind the scenes - and into the costumes - as production footage from Return of the Jedi is interspersed with vintage monster movie clips in this in-depth exploration of the painstaking techniques utilized by George Lucas to create the classic creatures and characters seen in the film. Hosted and narrated by Carrie Fisher and Billie Dee Williams.
Anatomy of a Dewback (1997, Color, Apx. 26 Minutes) – See how some of the special effects in Star Wars became even more special two decades later! George Lucas explains and demonstrates how his team transformed the original dewback creatures from immovable rubber puppets (in the original 1977 release) to seemingly living, breathing creatures for the Star Wars 1997 Special Edition update.
Star Wars Tech (2007, Color, Apx. 46 Minutes) – Exploring the technical aspects of Star Wars vehicles, weapons and gadgetry, Star Wars Tech consults leading scientists in the fields of physics, prosthetics, lasers, engineering and astronomy to examine the plausibility of Star Wars technology based on science as we know it today.
X

BTW, no more Obama/Osama stuff, guys. It's been discussed and worked over thoroughly enough. We don't want BMAR closed up. :cryin:

The Stray Cat
05-04-2011, 07:58 AM
Any price indicators that you've seen Rag???

Ragnarok
05-04-2011, 08:08 AM
Not official yet. I think Amazon had some prices for pre-orders, so that's probably a good indicator. $89.99 for the complete set, $44.99 for each trilogy.

THE_JOKER
05-04-2011, 08:13 AM
http://www.posters.net.nz/images/star-wars-demotivator-spacebook-darth-vader-funny-demotivator.jpg

pardonmyn00b
05-04-2011, 08:22 AM
You mean this star wars?
http://www.martinfrost.ws/htmlfiles/aug2006/reagan.jpg

The Stray Cat
05-04-2011, 10:08 AM
How does the fat lipped, flat faced actress from the new TF earn number on Maxim's hot 100. Not that I put much stock in any magazines best list, but c'mon the girl's face is ugly!

primus2010
05-04-2011, 10:18 AM
Maybe I should get with the times and get Blue-Ray....although I already have the original trilogy taped by my mom, the original version that has been THX enhanced on VHS, original trilogy special edition on VHS (box set), original and special edition on DVD, the prequel trilogy on DVD....do I really need to go Blue-ray? Plus its all so expensive, and I'm poor, so my flat screen TV says "true flat" but its like 3 feet deep lol :D

The Stray Cat
05-04-2011, 10:24 AM
Maybe I should get with the times and get Blue-Ray....although I already have the original trilogy taped by my mom, the original version that has been THX enhanced on VHS, original trilogy special edition on VHS (box set), original and special edition on DVD, the prequel trilogy on DVD....do I really need to go Blue-ray? Plus its all so expensive, and I'm poor, so my flat screen TV says "true flat" but its like 3 feet deep lol :D

Yea I think I have the original trilogy in six different formats! LOL! I absolutely love the original and I will get that on Blue ray, I'll probably get the prequels also but more for my son than me. I didn't really care for them much.

primus2010
05-04-2011, 10:30 AM
I liked the fighting sequences for Episodes 1 and 2, and the space battle at the beginning of 3, other than that I could care less about the prequel. Its all about the trilogy (4,5,6)!

pardonmyn00b
05-04-2011, 10:38 AM
How does the fat lipped, flat faced actress from the new TF earn number on Maxim's hot 100. Not that I put much stock in any magazines best list, but c'mon the girl's face is ugly!
Gross

THE_JOKER
05-04-2011, 01:32 PM
I wanna party with 27 strippers, 12 hookers, 42 21yr old cheerleaders, an 27 bottles of Whiskey...........an a tray of chilli fries with a taco.

Wonder how Bin laden is getting on with his virgins?

Ive just finished moving an old boy into his new flat thats in a sheltered accommodation (with other elderly people but free to roam, so not really a care home)....anyways, just had an old lady following me everywhere swearing black an blue i was her ex husband.

Great times...

The Stray Cat
05-04-2011, 01:42 PM
Gotta love them old ladies. My wife is a nurse and she did a few stints working in Nursing Homes and always had funny stories to tell. Here a story, though it's not real about a nursing home.

This nurse is working in a nursing home and she goes into Bob's room and he's dressed in his best clothes. Nurse says Bob where ya headed? "I'm heading to work, I have a two day business trip to get to" says Bob.
"Oh that's nice" the nurse says as she walks out of the room.
She crosses the hall into Joe's room, Joe is pleasuring himself under his blankets, "What are you doing?" screeches the nurse
Joe says "I'm banging Bob's wife while he is away on business!"

THE_JOKER
05-04-2011, 01:48 PM
:lol: its a nice place where he is moving to, just the people in there lol, the old lady who called me her ex husband had me in stitches after a while, she kept a straight face for ages before smiling.

There was another guy who kept following me for a bit too, then a nurse came an took him away, i forget the term for them now but they all have the same kinda appearance, i dont want to guess a name as i dont want to be disrespectful to them.

EDIT:

Down Syndrome, thats the one, was a nice guy...or seemed nice?....then a nurse took him away sharpish.

Ragnarok
05-04-2011, 01:53 PM
Here are the covers for the BR SW sets…

I could spend two or three hours RANTING until I was blue in the fingers about how the prequel trilogies could have been improved, but they've been done for a long time so there's no way to change them unless I win that Delorean on eBay, plus no one cares what I think…and I'm on my lunch break. :p

THE_JOKER
05-04-2011, 02:00 PM
What ya havin for ya lunch?.....did you carry on with the diet regime thingy btw?.

Ian
05-04-2011, 02:03 PM
plus no one cares what I think…and I'm on my lunch break. :p

Type away Rag, we all care what you think! I jus not anser coz ov da big words i cant weed sumtimz:nice:

The Stray Cat
05-04-2011, 02:11 PM
When I was younger I used to help at my Mom's work. She was a social worker for adults with Down Syndrome or other problems. Anyway it was around the time the McKenzie brother got popular. This one guy that she worked with was obsessed and called everybody hozer. I can remember very vividyl one day going with my mom to see him and i was wearing some kind of baseball cap and as soon as I walked in the door he was "hey, hey, your hats a hozer" I just about peed myself laughing!

:lol: its a nice place where he is moving to, just the people in there lol, the old lady who called me her ex husband had me in stitches after a while, she kept a straight face for ages before smiling.

There was another guy who kept following me for a bit too, then a nurse came an took him away, i forget the term for them now but they all have the same kinda appearance, i dont want to guess a name as i dont want to be disrespectful to them.

EDIT:

Down Syndrome, thats the one, was a nice guy...or seemed nice?....then a nurse took him away sharpish.

THE_JOKER
05-04-2011, 02:21 PM
:lol: Good times eh.

pardonmyn00b
05-04-2011, 02:26 PM
I was just granted a small parcel of land in the corner of our property to build a scaler course. :D

The Stray Cat
05-04-2011, 02:27 PM
I was just granted a small parcel of land in the corner of our property to build a scaler course. :D

How small of a parcell? How much did it cost? Doing dishes, mowing lawn, How much????:lolbeat:

Sweet noob, I have plans to build one in my yard as well if I ever get time!

THE_JOKER
05-04-2011, 02:31 PM
I think you should give me your 6x6 MAN pic Rock.....its only fair, you dont even own one, you aint earned the badge :D lol.

pardonmyn00b
05-04-2011, 02:34 PM
How small of a parcell? How much did it cost? Doing dishes, mowing lawn, How much????:lolbeat:

Sweet noob, I have plans to build one in my yard as well if I ever get time!

I do everything around the house to earn my keep. We are getting a fence installed around most of the backyard but there is a corner of it that's outside the fence. The previous owners used it as a dumping ground for yard waste and stuff. And since the city where I live is called "the sandstone center of the world" there are plenty of bits of sandstone to build some obstacles.

http://farm1.static.flickr.com/219/495397854_2669a832ac.jpg

I'll get some pics later.

pardonmyn00b
05-04-2011, 02:36 PM
I think you should give me your 6x6 MAN pic Rock.....its only fair, you dont even own one, you aint earned the badge :D lol.

That's why I postponed my MAN build, until I earned mine. I didn't want to be a poser:lol:

The Stray Cat
05-04-2011, 02:37 PM
Sounds nice Noob! I'll be waiting for to see what ya come up with for your course!

THE_JOKER
05-04-2011, 02:39 PM
That's why I postponed my MAN build, until I earned mine. I didn't want to be a poser:lol:

lol, i meant to ask you the other day if you started one yet.

pardonmyn00b
05-04-2011, 02:41 PM
lol, i meant to ask you the other day if you started one yet.
I did, but I got sidetracked with my Defender. I got some cab bits cut out, but that's about it. I'm going to make it my mission to finish all partial builds before starting anymore new ones. I have to finish my 1:1 Tundra replica, Hilux flatbed rebuild, and another Yota(might make a Wolverine or Trekker)

THE_JOKER
05-04-2011, 02:43 PM
What scale you going with? or you just building it around your axle width?.

The Stray Cat
05-04-2011, 02:44 PM

Joker if you want to trade post counts we can, I'll have it back up to the 7500 in no time! Ask Rag to do it for us!:beer&buddy:

THE_JOKER
05-04-2011, 02:50 PM
As kind of an offer as that is, i'll stick with what i got....gives me something to look forward to lol, plus now i can say i have a 4x4 MAN, and a 6x6 one too :lol:

The Stray Cat
05-04-2011, 02:56 PM
As kind of an offer as that is, i'll stick with what i got....gives me something to look forward to lol, plus now i can say i have a 4x4 MAN, and a 6x6 one too :lol:

Alright its an open ended offer exclusively for you! SO if you change your mind later on let me know!:lolbeat:

THE_JOKER
05-04-2011, 02:58 PM
I'll bear that in mind when you get upto Spoon's status lol!.

The Stray Cat
05-04-2011, 03:04 PM
I'll bear that in mind when you get upto Spoon's status lol!.

At the rate I'm going might only be a few months!:D:wacko::facepalm:

THE_JOKER
05-04-2011, 03:07 PM
LOL! thats exactly what i thought after i posted that. (although i thought weeks)

Well i reckon its time for a kip, have a good one matey! dont work too hard :chug:

The Stray Cat
05-04-2011, 03:08 PM
I'm almost done for the day, and nothing is hard about my job other than staying awake!:bacondance:
Night!

Ragnarok
05-04-2011, 10:36 PM
What ya havin for ya lunch?.....did you carry on with the diet regime thingy btw?.
It's a monumental struggle, but I am. For lunch I had one o' my wrap dealies:
A flour tortilla scorched over a burner on the stove. I like whole wheat ones better because they have more flavor and aren't as chewy so they don't need to be scorched as heavily as the white flour ones, but I'm back to white ones 'cause I need a change. :lol:
A bit of Light Ranch salad dressing. I get Hidden Valley because its consistency really is just like their regular Ranch. Store brands are more like a creamy vinaigrette, which is fine for some things but not this.
A healthy sprinkling of "Zesty" seasonings (black and red pepper, garlic, onion, dehydrated tomato, orange peel, etc.). I get a store brand because it's ground coarser than Mrs. Dash, which is more like a dust.
A very thin slice of medium or sharp cheddar. Gotta be thin - thick slices make the "feel" of the wrap too hard or gummy, and I dun like that.
Some deli-cut lunchmeat of some kind. I also like to have some lettuce, but the lettuce we get up here is TEH SUXXORZ! It's half rotten most of the time.

I have some variation of this for lunch every day unless the leftovers from the night before are "mettle more attractive." It's something that I kinda came up with on my own and I prefer it over a traditional sandwich.
Type away Rag, we all care what you think! I jus not anser coz ov da big words i cant weed sumtimz:nice:
Naw, my complaints with the prequel trilogies are pretty much the same as any one else's
Pathetic actors playing Anakin Skywalker. Even though it would have required filming Episodes 2 and 3 later than they were, Garrett Hedlund, the actor that played Sam Flynn in Tron: Legacy, would have been 100X the Anakin that Hayden Christiansen was. Why? His voice for one - it's more believable to have Hedlund's slightly raspy baritone than Hayden's Canadianified Ritchie Cunningham tenor transition to James Earl Jones' basso profundo. In fact, Hayden's inflections were borderline effeminate. Hedlund also has a darker brooding expression to his face. In contrast, Hayden looked like a typical babyface punk that would have starred in a Saved by the Bell knockoff. Now backing up to Episode 1, casting Jake Lloyd, that annoying little dork from Jingle All the Way, was a crime against all of Star Wars fandom. His acting abilities are more suited to a Life cereal commercial, not the innocent, larval stage of cinema's greatest tragic villain. They should have cast older, like 12 years old instead of 9 or 10 - even if they had to find a male equivalent of Dakota Fanning. <shudder> I think the pool of available *good* child actors would have been far better.
Natalie Portman as a piece of wood to which hair and makeup in freakish architectural form have been applied. The then-unknown Keira Knightley's part as the Queen's body double had far more cinematic impact and importance in my book. My most reviled scene with her? The one where the best she could do was a deadpan "To be angry is to be human" after Anakin's little episode of genocide. I realize that actors just say what they're told to say (I give serious blame to Lucas on this one too) but, holy crap! The delivery was a travesty.
Okay, now let's cram NaPo and Hayden in the same complaint: their romance in Episode 2. That was so unbelievable and so uninterestingly constructed. I didn't "feel the love" at all. I think that their relationship in Episode 3 was more palpable, particularly in that scene after Anakin has turned heel and slaughtered everyone in the Jedi temple. It has this long, dark drone of low strings as the film cuts back and forth between Anakin and Padme in this interesting and unsettling reflective contrast. I quite liked that scene, actually. But at this point, they've been married a while and Luke and Leia are on the way. It's the courtship that was the steaming pile of Bantha hokum.
Wasting Liam Neeson's talents. I think he was asleep most of the time. There were times where Qui-Gon was the archetypical Jedi Master: reverent, temperate and reserved. But there were other times where was it obvious to me that Liam wanted to be doing something else. I also felt a little cheated when he wasn't featured in spirit-form in Episode 3. Yoda had to tell Obi-Wan about Qui-Gon's discovery of trans-Force-communication (I don't know what they call it :lol:) rather than actually show it with Qui-Gon saying "Hey! Check this out!" They could have done it, but I'm sure there was some kind of scheduling issues or other excuse.
Jar-Jar Binks. Why was he there at FREAKING all? Did the focus groups think there had to be some kind of mentally-impaired, arguably-racist-stereotype, anthropomorphic Hadrosaur-meets-Elmo in the movie, or did Lucas come up with that floppy-eared abomination all on his own? Boss Nass was actually half-way interesting, but that's as far as I'll go with anything resembling a compliment in regard to Gungans.
Count Dooku. Really? They get one of the more infamous actors to every playe Dracula, and they call his character Count Dooku? :rolleyes: <groan> It's a flipping insult. His Sith name was far more awesome.
Pod-racing. :nono: The amazing chariot race from Ben-Hur (one of my mostest favoritest movies) mixed with NASCAR, and then take out about fifty IQ points. I don't know how some of the most dynamic speed sequences put on film could still be so dumb, like the fingers-on-chalkboard binary-headed announcer calling the race, and that freaking Lloyd kid, whose sub-Disney Channel acting was so painfully loathsome that I…I just…GYAHH!!! :rant: The best part was with the two Tusken rednecks doing their demonstration of "guns-n'-beer-don't-mix."
The Trade Federation guys (Nute Gunray, Rune Haako, etc.) all had these goofy pseudo-Italian accents. What was that about? "Someday you'll return the favor."
Anakin's stepdad, Cliegg "One-Leg" Lars. "Oh, yeah, your mom was taken by Tusken Raiders for some reason we haven't come up with yet, and we kinda decided it was too much work to go looking for her. So, uh, yeah, she's probably dead. Like some Tang?" After that I can kinda understand why Vader gave Uncle Owen and Aunt Beru the Kentucky Fried Chicken treatment in Episode 4. That look Anakin gave everyone when he returned with his mother's body kinda foreshadowed that event (which does not count as things I didn't like - this scene actually worked). By the way, are there Scandinavians in space? "Lars," "Nute," "Rune"…"Jensen"?
The C-Span caliber political "intrigue." <angry yawn doused with incoherent profanity> I completely understand that there's a serious political aspect to the whole overthrow of the Republic - it's KEY to the importance the rebellion thing in the original trilogy. But - wow! - it was so blasted danged boring. (Warning: If nothing else before already has, I know this next one is going to tick some people off… :()
Finally, above all, I think the whole Star Wars saga itself is a story that is far greater than Lucas' ability to tell it. The original trilogy was an accidental epic, and the prequels really showed how insufficent Lucas' storytelling talent is. Notice that the movies were better when Lucas wasn't behind the camera.

I could go on and on, but I think it would just be too repetitious and I'm sure I've already enraged RockEd Out with my riotous blasphemy. :angel: What I should do is outline the things I liked (now there's a novel idea!). :lol:

The music. Duh. :lol: I thought that "The Duel of the Fates" and "Battle of the Heroes" are two of John Williams' best work, period.
Darth Maul. Although I think there was a huge opportunity lost to flesh out his character a bit, he was danged cool. He was scary in a totally different way than Vader. He wasn't humanity-lost, he was humanity-demonic. The double-ended saber gimmick was pretty rad, too.
Ewan MacGregor as Obi-Wan was actually pretty good casting. He's a bit overbearing as Anakin's master in Episode 2, but overall I think it worked quite well.
The light saber fights. As goofy as the Yoda vs. Dooku fight was, the others were flipping epic! It makes the fights in the original trilogies look downright catatonic. :blink: Lucas gave some reasons to justify the less active sword fights in the "later" episodes, which I guess I'll accept. One, Vader is mostly machine and doesn't move too quickly, and two, Luke was trained by a nearly-1000-year-old Jedi frog in retirement. So there you go.
The fact Lucas didn't pull any punches when Anakin is beaten by Obi-Wan and left to die on the shore of that river of lava. (Pretty merciless of Obi-Wan if you ask me. Why didn't he just put him out of his misery?) We see the horrific, destroyed state Anakin is in and it's understandable why the "Vader suit" is necessary. It earned its PG-13 rating on that scene all by itself.
The one bit of good acting from Hayden Christiansen: where he finds his mother in the Tusken camp. When she's dying, I think his response looks pretty convincing, and when she does die, his reaction to kill anything and everything was very easy to accept. (However, NaPo's response when he tells her what he did in that camp IS NOT!) I think that if I was in the same situation with his abilities I would have been tempted to do the same thing. Probably most people that saw it did. So to that end I credit Lucas for making certain aspects of Anakin's turning to the Dark Side easy for the audience to identify with.

As a whole, there's nothing like Star Wars, and also in total I enjoyed them, but the room for improvement was so vast in the prequel trilogies that I wonder if it would have been better had they never been made, or at the very least made by someone else. :blink:

Ragnarok
05-04-2011, 11:45 PM
Guys, I'm not sure I should share this with you, but the comic book adaptation of TF3 has been partially leaked thanks to Amazon. :blink: Some of the plot details…HOLY CRAP! I'm not going to say a word, but I will link to the page for those who either aren't going to see it or don't mind the spoilers. It reveals a lot about Sentinel Prime and a little about Soundwave, but not much if anything about Shockwave.

http://transformerslive.blogspot.com/2011/05/dark-of-moon-comic-adaptation-preview.html

It is NOT the storyline I thought it would be. This is could be pretty awesome!

THE_JOKER
05-05-2011, 01:57 AM
First off......my hunger for breakfast just increased after reading that tasty bit of text :drool:

Now time to grab a cuppa an read the rest of it lol.

Ian
05-05-2011, 02:45 AM
Now time to grab a cuppa an read the rest of it lol.

A cuppa? I camped out in a sleeping bag by the pc last night and still haven't finished reading it :lol:

BADMUTHATrUCKER
05-05-2011, 02:50 AM
Jar-Jar Binks. Why was he there at FREAKING all? Did the focus groups think there had to be some kind of mentally-impaired, arguably-racist-stereotype, anthropomorphic Hadrosaur-meets-Elmo in the movie, or did Lucas come up with that floppy-eared abomination all on his own? Boss Nass was actually half-way interesting, but that's as far as I'll go with anything resembling a compliment in regard to Gungans.

I can tell you why. Lucas gave the opportunity to his 6 year old son to create and name a character. That's how Jar Jar Binks came about.... More fuel for your last dot point.

Ian
05-05-2011, 02:52 AM
It's a monumental struggle, but I am. For lunch I had one o' my wrap dealies:
A flour tortilla scorched over a burner on the stove. I like whole wheat ones better because they have more flavor and aren't as chewy so they don't need to be scorched as heavily as the white flour ones, but I'm back to white ones 'cause I need a change. :lol:
A bit of Light Ranch salad dressing. I get Hidden Valley because its consistency really is just like their regular Ranch. Store brands are more like a creamy vinaigrette, which is fine for some things but not this.
A healthy sprinkling of "Zesty" seasonings (black and red pepper, garlic, onion, dehydrated tomato, orange peel, etc.). I get a store brand because it's ground coarser than Mrs. Dash, which is more like a dust.
A very thin slice of medium or sharp cheddar. Gotta be thin - thick slices make the "feel" of the wrap too hard or gummy, and I dun like that.
Some deli-cut lunchmeat of some kind. I also like to have some lettuce, but the lettuce we get up here is TEH SUXXORZ! It's half rotten most of the time.

I have some variation of this for lunch every day unless the leftovers from the night before are "mettle more attractive." It's something that I kinda came up with on my own and I prefer it over a traditional sandwich.

Naw, my complaints with the prequel trilogies are pretty much the same as any one else's
Pathetic actors playing Anakin Skywalker. Even though it would have required filming Episodes 2 and 3 later than they were, Garrett Hedlund, the actor that played Sam Flynn in Tron: Legacy, would have been 100X the Anakin that Hayden Christiansen was. Why? His voice for one - it's more believable to have Hedlund's slightly raspy baritone than Hayden's Canadianified Ritchie Cunningham tenor transition to James Earl Jones' basso profundo. In fact, Hayden's inflections were borderline effeminate. Hedlund also has a darker brooding expression to his face. In contrast, Hayden looked like a typical babyface punk that would have starred in a Saved by the Bell knockoff. Now backing up to Episode 1, casting Jake Lloyd, that annoying little dork from Jingle All the Way, was a crime against all of Star Wars fandom. His acting abilities are more suited to a Life cereal commercial, not the innocent, larval stage of cinema's greatest tragic villain. They should have cast older, like 12 years old instead of 9 or 10 - even if they had to find a male equivalent of Dakota Fanning. <shudder> I think the pool of available *good* child actors would have been far better.
Natalie Portman as a piece of wood to which hair and makeup in freakish architectural form have been applied. The then-unknown Keira Knightley's part as the Queen's body double had far more cinematic impact and importance in my book. My most reviled scene with her? The one where the best she could do was a deadpan "To be angry is to be human" after Anakin's little episode of genocide. I realize that actors just say what they're told to say (I give serious blame to Lucas on this one too) but, holy crap! The delivery was a travesty.
Okay, now let's cram NaPo and Hayden in the same complaint: their romance in Episode 2. That was so unbelievable and so uninterestingly constructed. I didn't "feel the love" at all. I think that their relationship in Episode 3 was more palpable, particularly in that scene after Anakin has turned heel and slaughtered everyone in the Jedi temple. It has this long, dark drone of low strings as the film cuts back and forth between Anakin and Padme in this interesting and unsettling reflective contrast. I quite liked that scene, actually. But at this point, they've been married a while and Luke and Leia are on the way. It's the courtship that was the steaming pile of Bantha hokum.
Wasting Liam Neeson's talents. I think he was asleep most of the time. There were times where Qui-Gon was the archetypical Jedi Master: reverent, temperate and reserved. But there were other times where was it obvious to me that Liam wanted to be doing something else. I also felt a little cheated when he wasn't featured in spirit-form in Episode 3. Yoda had to tell Obi-Wan about Qui-Gon's discovery of trans-Force-communication (I don't know what they call it :lol:) rather than actually show it with Qui-Gon saying "Hey! Check this out!" They could have done it, but I'm sure there was some kind of scheduling issues or other excuse.
Count Dooku. Really? They get one of the more infamous actors to every playe Dracula, and they call his character Count Dooku? :rolleyes: <groan> It's a flipping insult. His Sith name was far more awesome.
Pod-racing. :nono: The amazing chariot race from Ben-Hur (one of my mostest favoritest movies) mixed with NASCAR, and then take out about fifty IQ points. I don't know how some of the most dynamic speed sequences put on film could still be so dumb, like the fingers-on-chalkboard binary-headed announcer calling the race, and that freaking Lloyd kid, whose sub-Disney Channel acting was so painfully loathsome that I…I just…GYAHH!!! :rant: The best part was with the two Tusken rednecks doing their demonstration of "guns-n'-beer-don't-mix."
The Trade Federation guys (Nute Gunray, Rune Haako, etc.) all had these goofy pseudo-Italian accents. What was that about? "Someday you'll return the favor."
Anakin's stepdad, Cliegg "One-Leg" Lars. "Oh, yeah, your mom was taken by Tusken Raiders for some reason we haven't come up with yet, and we kinda decided it was too much work to go looking for her. So, uh, yeah, she's probably dead. Like some Tang?" After that I can kinda understand why Vader gave Uncle Owen and Aunt Beru the Kentucky Fried Chicken treatment in Episode 4. That look Anakin gave everyone when he returned with his mother's body kinda foreshadowed that event (which does not count as things I didn't like - this scene actually worked). By the way, are there Scandinavians in space? "Lars," "Nute," "Rune"…"Jensen"?
The C-Span caliber political "intrigue." <angry yawn doused with incoherent profanity> I completely understand that there's a serious political aspect to the whole overthrow of the Republic - it's KEY to the importance the rebellion thing in the original trilogy. But - wow! - it was so blasted danged boring. (Warning: If nothing else before already has, I know this next one is going to tick some people off… :()
Finally, above all, I think the whole Star Wars saga itself is a story that is far greater than Lucas' ability to tell it. The original trilogy was an accidental epic, and the prequels really showed how insufficent Lucas' storytelling talent is. Notice that the movies were better when Lucas wasn't behind the camera.

I could go on and on, but I think it would just be too repetitious and I'm sure I've already enraged RockEd Out with my riotous blasphemy. :angel: What I should do is outline the things I liked (now there's a novel idea!). :lol:

The music. Duh. :lol: I thought that "The Duel of the Fates" and "Battle of the Heroes" are two of John Williams' best work, period.
Darth Maul. Although I think there was a huge opportunity lost to flesh out his character a bit, he was danged cool. He was scary in a totally different way than Vader. He wasn't humanity-lost, he was humanity-demonic. The double-ended saber gimmick was pretty rad, too.
Ewan MacGregor as Obi-Wan was actually pretty good casting. He's a bit overbearing as Anakin's master in Episode 2, but overall I think it worked quite well.
The light saber fights. As goofy as the Yoda vs. Dooku fight was, the others were flipping epic! It makes the fights in the original trilogies look downright catatonic. :blink: Lucas gave some reasons to justify the less active sword fights in the "later" episodes, which I guess I'll accept. One, Vader is mostly machine and doesn't move too quickly, and two, Luke was trained by a nearly-1000-year-old Jedi frog in retirement. So there you go.
The fact Lucas didn't pull any punches when Anakin is beaten by Obi-Wan and left to die on the shore of that river of lava. (Pretty merciless of Obi-Wan if you ask me. Why didn't he just put him out of his misery?) We see the horrific, destroyed state Anakin is in and it's understandable why the "Vader suit" is necessary. It earned its PG-13 rating on that scene all by itself.
The one bit of good acting from Hayden Christiansen: where he finds his mother in the Tusken camp. When she's dying, I think his response looks pretty convincing, and when she does die, his reaction to kill anything and everything was very easy to accept. (However, NaPo's response when he tells her what he did in that camp IS NOT!) I think that if I was in the same situation with his abilities I would have been tempted to do the same thing. Probably most people that saw it did. So to that end I credit Lucas for making certain aspects of Anakin's turning to the Dark Side easy for the audience to identify with.

As a whole, there's nothing like Star Wars, and also in total I enjoyed them, but the room for improvement was so vast in the prequel trilogies that I wonder if it would have been better had they never been made, or at the very least made by someone else. :blink:

Your fingers must be like the Hulks biceps?

You wrote all that out, but i have to say i never really watched Star Wars! I could never get into it. I found it corny and unbelievable with crud graphics and such. In Fact, the only thing i liked about Star Wars was the toys back then. I had an Ewok figure that i took everywhere with me and i played with a walking robot thing all the time too.

Sorry i can't be as insightful as you Rag, but in my opinion, it was crap:rofl:

THE_JOKER
05-05-2011, 03:03 AM
Dont provoke the gods Ian lol.

Ian
05-05-2011, 03:08 AM
Dont provoke the gods Ian lol.

Speaking of, i really want to see Thor:D

THE_JOKER
05-05-2011, 03:23 AM
I seen the advert for that the other day, looked interesting!

Ian
05-05-2011, 03:30 AM
Hey BMT, i remember you had an Avatar with this picture on it, thought i'd share the Avatar gif for you!

http://i50.photobucket.com/albums/f303/Iansvecs/Giffs%20and%20stuff/av-5476.gif

Spoon37
05-05-2011, 04:18 AM
I know why Jar jar existed... scapegoat: who voted for giving the chancellor emergency powers in lieu of Queen Amidala being there?

you see..its all his fault! I recently looked up playing Star Wars Galaxies(but wish I hadnt now SOE is hacked), and rolled a Jedi got a lightsaber did some quest on Naboo, ended up having to kill some gungan extremists(why not after all?), except I dont think the quest writers expected the player to be sitting there exclaiming: "Die 'Jar jar' *******!!!" whilst hacking gungans to peices... ah such good therapy for a Star Wars fan :angel:

just to pick on count duckoo did anyone in the edited film release actually say "Darth Tyranus" at any point? all I got was Jango Fett "I was hired by a man called Tyranus..." - Darth Sidious calls him "My apprentice"...

Old Busted Hotness
05-05-2011, 04:34 AM
Overall, the prequels (like too many newer films) suffered from excessive CGI. Anything is possible, so let's load the film up with all the cool stuff we wished we could have done in 1977. And string the effects together with some story.

The original three had a butt-load of effects, but they were expensive and difficult, so they were used sparingly, and the films concentrated on the story.

BADMUTHATrUCKER
05-05-2011, 05:43 AM
Hey BMT, i remember you had an Avatar with this picture on it, thought i'd share the Avatar gif for you!

http://i50.photobucket.com/albums/f303/Iansvecs/Giffs%20and%20stuff/av-5476.gif

That's the one, coolness. I can up that one, this is where it came from (duck if you don't like gothic eskimo chicks :lol: ) :

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=kIBdpFJyFkc

The Stray Cat
05-05-2011, 06:33 AM
Well since we are dissecting the Star Wars Saga, Rag first of all, I agree with your comments 100%, I like Lucas's vision but he has no idea how to put the story together. He should've hired P.J. to flesh the prequels out for him. The Og Trilogy was all based on Lucas' ideas but the story was fleshed by others, until he demanded the Ewoks. The Ewoks, I can fully appreciate, a little corny, but not as bad as Gungans. Jar Jar was supposed to be the character that the little kids liked and ended up being the one they hated. Lucas should've had Anakin take him out in EP3.

As far as almost all of the actors go, other than Liam, which could've done wonders for the EP1 was left hog tied to ridiculous lines and story boards, I did like Ewan McGregor and the fact that his unlce was Wedge Antilles in the Og tril was pretty cool. Darth Maul could've added more to the story also but they killed him off and gave him little screen time (Lucas was trying to capitalize on Boba Fett cultish following with Maul, No back story, short screen time, cool unique design).
Here are the three things I hated the most of the prequels
1. Jake Loyd- the whole scene where he accidentally flies a Naboo fighter and accidentally takes out the control ship and still makes it out alive (C'MON!)
2. The whole thing with the droids, like Anakin or Obi Wan would've forgotten them, the droids get their memory erased but that doesn't explain Vadr or Kenobi not remembering them.
3. Jar Jar Binks, any and all scenes he was in!

There is actually an absolute totally lost my respect for the prequels scene or idea, Mitoclorians- in Ep4 Kenobi says to Luke the Force is an energy field is flows through us and all around us.....then in ep1 its some kind of measurable organism in the blood that gives the power of force WTF?????

The three best things from the prequels
1. The Mustafar scenes, the entire ending was great, except for the line " I have the higher ground"

2. Qui Gon Gin, excellent character, should've been so much farther developed

3. THe Clone Troopers, I thought the Uniforms and the transition to storm tropper uniforms was well played, and the Clones could actually hit something with their blasters!

That's my review of the Prequels, I won't go into the Og Trilogy because bad mouthing them is Sacrilege!

Ragnarok
05-05-2011, 08:40 AM
Holy crap! You're the one guy I thought I'd really honk off. :lol:

Well since we are dissecting the Star Wars Saga, Rag first of all, I agree with your comments 100%, I like Lucas's vision but he has no idea how to put the story together. He should've hired P.J. to flesh the prequels out for him.
Peter Jackson and Star Wars? That's heresy like I've never seen before. :rolling: Ya dang right, though - he would have not only made Anakin's fall believable and heartfelt, you would have cried at the end of it all.

The Og Trilogy was all based on Lucas' ideas but the story was fleshed by others, until he demanded the Ewoks. The Ewoks, I can fully appreciate, a little corny, but not as bad as Gungans. Jar Jar was supposed to be the character that the little kids liked and ended up being the one they hated. Lucas should've had Anakin take him out in EP3.

As far as almost all of the actors go, other than Liam, which could've done wonders for the EP1 was left hog tied to ridiculous lines and story boards, I did like Ewan McGregor and the fact that his unlce was Wedge Antilles in the Og tril was pretty cool. Darth Maul could've added more to the story also but they killed him off and gave him little screen time (Lucas was trying to capitalize on Boba Fett cultish following with Maul, No back story, short screen time, cool unique design).
Here are the three things I hated the most of the prequels
1. Jake Loyd- the whole scene where he accidentally flies a Naboo fighter and accidentally takes out the control ship and still makes it out alive (C'MON!)
2. The whole thing with the droids, like Anakin or Obi Wan would've forgotten them, the droids get their memory erased but that doesn't explain Vadr or Kenobi not remembering them.
3. Jar Jar Binks, any and all scenes he was in!

The only thing I can figure is Obi-Wan simply said he didn't remember owning any droids - nobody asked if he knew them. It's sort of an economy of responsibility, like the "Vader killed your father" line to get ol' Luke fired up to take on Vader only for Luke to feel betrayed later on by Obi-Wan in Ep.6. Obi-Wan was technically right, but it wasn't a complete explanation. I agree though. Kind of a noticeable inconsistency.

There is actually an absolute totally lost my respect for the prequels scene or idea, Mitoclorians- in Ep4 Kenobi says to Luke the Force is an energy field is flows through us and all around us.....then in ep1 its some kind of measurable organism in the blood that gives the power of force WTF?????
All I can figure is Lucas had to come up with a plot device so that they had some way of quantifiable measurement of "who had more Force than someone else." It was a bit silly and undermined the spiritual aspect of The Force. The only other way Lucas could have done it otherwise was expand on Qui-Gon's sensing there was something special about the kid. Just have the Jedi Counsel do the same and declare his salvific or damning potential. Interestingly enough, I think it would have worked better.

The three best things from the prequels
1. The Mustafar scenes, the entire ending was great, except for the line " I have the higher ground"

2. Qui Gon Gin, excellent character, should've been so much farther developed

3. THe Clone Troopers, I thought the Uniforms and the transition to storm tropper uniforms was well played, and the Clones could actually hit something with their blasters!

That's my review of the Prequels, I won't go into the Og Trilogy because bad mouthing them is Sacrilege!
Mustafar was pretty wild. The newly-christened Vader's "cleanup detail" was a pretty heartless deal - I'm glad it was in there. Qui-Gon's shortcomings were mostly the fault of the Thea Bearded One. They must have moved all of their clone manufacturing to China by the time the original sequels came around. All that lead and melamine combined with not-even-better-than-slave labor quality…you get what you pay for.

Thorsteenster
05-05-2011, 08:46 AM
Wait, the new Star Wars' are preguels?!
Damn I need to get out to theaters more.....
I think I saw the first new old one.
:thinking:

Ragnarok
05-05-2011, 08:48 AM
That's the one, coolness. I can up that one, this is where it came from (duck if you don't like gothic eskimo chicks :lol: ) :

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=kIBdpFJyFkc

Gotta be honest, I've seen a lot of eskimo girls but I've never seen any that looked like that. :lol:

Spoon37
05-05-2011, 09:31 AM
hmm that vid is not available in my country....damn this unheard of backwater they call Great Britain :banghead:

I can see the transition to storm troopers - the idea much documented(in extended universe books and such) seems to be that the efficient clones were basically doomed to die young having accelerated growth and replaced by ordinary human beings, who were more independent but also more prone to mistakes despite their training, this means the clones had to be able to shoot a flea off a dogs back at 500 paces or there wouldnt be much point in storm troopers later on.

as for the battle of naboo dogfight with young anikin, can you imagine the looks on the faces of the pilots when they all land and get out to find some 10 year old slave boy come pod racer did what none of the career pilots could do?

suprised no-ones yet mentioned Shmi Skywalker: *deadpan* "there was no father..." :lolbeat:

FunkyHunk
05-05-2011, 09:43 AM
hmm that vid is not available in my country....damn this unheard of backwater they call Great Britain :banghead:

It was unavailable to me too, but there's always another video on youtube :nice:

Here you go: :)

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=SO4LyKd-Hws

Spoon37
05-05-2011, 09:52 AM
yay thanks ^_^

The Stray Cat
05-05-2011, 10:25 AM

I can see the transition to storm troopers - the idea much documented(in extended universe books and such) seems to be that the efficient clones were basically doomed to die young having accelerated growth and replaced by ordinary human beings, who were more independent but also more prone to mistakes despite their training, this means the clones had to be able to shoot a flea off a dogs back at 500 paces or there wouldnt be much point in storm troopers later on.

as for the battle of naboo dogfight with young anikin, can you imagine the looks on the faces of the pilots when they all land and get out to find some 10 year old slave boy come pod racer did what none of the career pilots could do?

suprised no-ones yet mentioned Shmi Skywalker: *deadpan* "there was no father..." :lolbeat:

Shmi was lying and Qui Gon knew it, that's why it wasn't pressed farther. In back stories, at some point the Emperor was said to have impregnated Shmi and that's where the powerful force came from.

@Rag, nothing you said was anything any true Star Wars didn't feel. Now I have watch the Prequels in to different ways. I have watched for mere entertainment value and they are very enjoyable, when I watch them as a long time Fan of the Saga they become cheap money making machines to line George's pockets!

LondonF350
05-05-2011, 12:50 PM
Joker if you want to trade post counts we can, I'll have it back up to the 7500 in no time! Ask Rag to do it for us!:beer&buddy:

If this thread were to be accidentally deleted, we'd all be back to 'Help Wanted' status!!! :rofl:

The Stray Cat
05-05-2011, 12:51 PM
If this thread were to be accidentally deleted, we'd all be back to 'Help Wanted' status!!! :rofl:

Very Very TRue!:beer&buddy:

LondonF350
05-05-2011, 01:02 PM
Very Very TRue!:beer&buddy:

Actually, I just hovered over the envelope... I have 252 posts in this thread!! :excited:

253 now!! :wacko:

Anyone........ :p

Ian
05-05-2011, 01:04 PM
I gots me 326 in here.:o

Spoon37
Hmm I only have 257... still I did take a bit of a break for about a year :lolbeat:

Oggy
as of this post i have 1219 posts in this thread

i think either Rag or Ed will have the most in here

Ian
05-05-2011, 01:07 PM
as of this post i have 1219 posts in this thread

Yep, i vote for thread deletion to :lolbeat:

If this thread was deleted, i would laugh so hard no noise would come out, i'd just be sat there clapping like a retarded seal.

LondonF350
05-05-2011, 01:09 PM
:postwhore:

MojaveMonster
05-05-2011, 01:12 PM
Hey You guys seen that moon of Saturn (titan maybe) that looks like the Death Star?. Some of the ufo guys think it may be hallowed out because the horizon has flat straight edges instead of a nice curve. Also the moons heat signature is odd

The Stray Cat
05-05-2011, 01:22 PM
I only have 2328 post in here, nothing to look at here... move along.... these are not the droids you're looking for... move along.

Oggy
05-05-2011, 01:29 PM
Hey You guys seen that moon of Saturn (titan maybe) that looks like the Death Star?. Some of the ufo guys think it may be hallowed out because the horizon has flat straight edges instead of a nice curve. Also the moons heat signature is odd

you got any more info, or links to that?

LondonF350
05-05-2011, 01:48 PM
I only have 2328 post in here, nothing to look at here... move along.... these are not the droids you're looking for... move along.

Wow!! :eek:

pardonmyn00b
05-05-2011, 01:53 PM
I have 562 in this here thread

Lee
05-05-2011, 02:03 PM
539:Happybounce:
edit: a quarter of my posts on the whole forum are in this thread :lol:

jeffro
05-05-2011, 02:14 PM
Hey Rock, I figured this was quicker, do you mean like this one ??

http://farm6.static.flickr.com/5303/5690850273_bf46ece63c_m.jpg

The Stray Cat
05-05-2011, 02:15 PM
Hey Rock, I figured this was quicker, do you mean like this one ??

http://farm6.static.flickr.com/5303/5690850273_bf46ece63c_m.jpg

Yes that is the grill!

jeffro
05-05-2011, 02:17 PM
Yes that is the grill!

It looks easy, or so I say now :)

The Stray Cat
05-05-2011, 02:20 PM
It looks easy, or so I say now :)

Yep Famous last words huh????:rolling:

jeffro
05-05-2011, 02:21 PM
And for info purposes, this is only # 19 in this thread, and thats 17 more then I thought were in here. :excited:

jeffro
05-05-2011, 02:22 PM
Yep Famous last words huh????:rolling:

I have it on 8 track tape, as Custers last words :D

The Stray Cat
05-05-2011, 02:27 PM
I have it on 8 track tape, as Custers last words :D

Now you're up to 20 post here, 8 track huh? Truly dating yourself, some guys here might not evn know what that is.:crazy:

jeffro
05-05-2011, 02:32 PM
Now you're up to 20 post here, 8 track huh? Truly dating yourself, some guys here might not evn know what that is.:crazy:

You may be right about the 8 track stuff.. :lol: it never failed, my favorite song was always the one that was split with that dang metal tab. for example, Edgar Winter Groups, Frankenstein.

I have that Proline Ford Bronco body (FRED), do you have any idea if its the same size as the Ramcharger body ?

The Stray Cat
05-05-2011, 02:42 PM
You may be right about the 8 track stuff.. :lol: it never failed, my favorite song was always the one that was split with that dang metal tab. for example, Edgar Winter Groups, Frankenstein.

I have that Proline Ford Bronco body (FRED), do you have any idea if its the same size as the Ramcharger body ?

The only thing I do know is that it is dimensionally equivalent to the Chevy Blazer body except for length.

My father had a "alligator" hide 8 track carry case! It was the coolest thing to me when I was young!

Ragnarok
05-05-2011, 03:06 PM
Here's a list of the top six posters in BMAR…

Hardcore Lego fans might want to see this one (http://buzzypsychedelicness.deviantart.com/gallery/28311414). :blink:

Lee
05-05-2011, 03:11 PM
hey guys thanks for the help with the photography. got full marks after handing in a 10+ page on how to calculate the sidereal day from star trails :lol:
http://www.scale4x4rc.org/forums/showthread.php?p=821714#post821714
uploaded my best pics there :beer&buddy:

Ian
05-05-2011, 04:20 PM

:lol: Time for a delete then and open a new one:nice:

Ragnarok
05-05-2011, 08:27 PM
:thinking: Why? This isn't a "last one to post wins" kind of thread. :huh:

The Stray Cat
05-05-2011, 09:39 PM

He's just jealous because his post count is low!:crazy: Ian mine is only so high because I felt it my duty to post enough for the both of us during your year hiatus.

FunkyHunk
05-06-2011, 12:43 AM
Shmi was lying and Qui Gon knew it, that's why it wasn't pressed farther. In back stories, at some point the Emperor was said to have impregnated Shmi and that's where the powerful force came from.

Emperor date rape's are more common than you'd think :rofl:

Oggy
05-06-2011, 12:43 AM
better run for cover, a big rock is coming this way

http://uk.news.yahoo.com/giant-asteroid-set-to-narrowly-miss-earth.html

A giant asteroid will only just miss earth later this year, according to NASA.

The huge rock, dubbed YU55, will pass within 201,700 miles of our planet in November.

If it crashes into earth the impact would be equivalent to 65,000 atomic bombs, while the crater would be six miles wide and 2,000 ft deep.

The asteroid, which weighs 55 million tons and is 1,300ft wide, will be the largest ever object to get so close to our planet. It orbits the sun every 14 months.

It will be closer to us than the moon, which is on average 238,855 miles away and will be visible through a small telescope.

The best times to view it will be between 23:28 on 8 November and 07:13 on 9 November (UK time).

According to NASA spokesman Dave Yeomans, there is no chance YU55 will crash into earth… for the time being. He said in statement: “YU55 poses no threat of an Earth collision over, at the very least, the next 100 years.”

He added: “During its closest approach, its gravitational effect on the Earth will be so minuscule as to be immeasurable. It will not affect the tides or anything else.”

Nonetheless, it has been officially labeled a ‘potentially hazardous object’ by the space agency.

YU55 was discovered by Robert McMillan, head of the NASA-funded Spacewatch Program at the University of Arizona in 2005, but it’s not the only ‘near-earth object’ they are monitoring.

NASA are also keeping tabs on WN5, an asteroid that will pass the planet in 2028, and ‘99942 Apophis’, a celestial body measuring 1,200 ft which could zoom past us on April 13 2036.

They also believe an even bigger asteroid has a one-in-a-thousand chance of colliding with earth in 2182.

FunkyHunk
05-06-2011, 01:03 AM
Let's hope they calculated correctly then?

Ian
05-06-2011, 01:26 AM

It would just be funny watching people post counts drop dramatically:D

He's just jealous because his post count is low!:crazy: Ian mine is only so high because I felt it my duty to post enough for the both of us during your year hiatus.

Oh, thanks Ed! I'm glad there members like you stepping up to the plate when others take a time out. Does this mean i get given some of your posts though?

sk8te-penguin
05-06-2011, 01:56 AM

I need to up my activity in here.... :blink:

THE_JOKER
05-06-2011, 03:18 AM
There's a prize for 3rd place right?

Ian
05-06-2011, 03:20 AM
There's a prize for 3rd place right?

Third place shows a lack of commitment to the forum and thus a banning should be enforced:wave:

THE_JOKER
05-06-2011, 03:24 AM
I tried :dunno:

Ian
05-06-2011, 03:26 AM
Not hard enough smiler! Toodles.

THE_JOKER
05-06-2011, 03:29 AM
Wait....your not even on the list?

You should be fired from the Spam Cannon!

Ian
05-06-2011, 03:35 AM
Exactly! I'm not on that list, this means i am erm umm... it means i have done my spamming and am now settling down for a more relaxed stay here on scale and letting you newbs come in and fill the spam void. I have no reason to post count compete! i have 2 accounts here, mine has over 8500 posts and my other has over 5000 :p

Spoon37
05-06-2011, 03:52 AM
Good morning gentlemen...

Ian
05-06-2011, 03:54 AM
Morning spoony, what are we going to do today?

Spoon37
05-06-2011, 03:56 AM
The same thing we do everyday...try to take over the world!!!

Ian
05-06-2011, 04:09 AM
:D Can we start in Wales and then head to France?

Spoon37
05-06-2011, 04:13 AM
Sure why not, I dont expect much resistance in either country... :lolbeat:

Ian
05-06-2011, 04:15 AM
Resistance is futile!!

http://i50.photobucket.com/albums/f303/Iansvecs/Giffs%20and%20stuff/256553.gifhttp://i50.photobucket.com/albums/f303/Iansvecs/Giffs%20and%20stuff/730345.gifhttp://i50.photobucket.com/albums/f303/Iansvecs/Giffs%20and%20stuff/514909.gif

Ragnarok
05-06-2011, 06:39 AM
My little bro got me a copy of Slash's solo album. It's an interesting body of work. He was raving about one titled "Nothing to Say" featuring the singer from Avenged Sevenfold. I know I'm going to rankle a lot of feathers, but I hate that guy's voice - the rest of the song is really cool in spite of M. Shadows' scratchy whine. ("M. Shadows?" Really? OOOOH, HE'THS A THPOOKY MANTHS!) He "rests" too much on his adenoids when he sings, something similar to what white chocolate rapper Eminem does. Makes me want to club them both with a spiked baseball bat and then fertilize my lawn with what's left.

Other tracks on the CD are pretty cool, though. The ones with Kid Rock, Fergie (LOLWUT?!? - she needs to do more real rock singing instead of…everything else she's ever done) and Lemmy Killmeister were pretty good. The three with Duff McKagan & Dave Grohl, the only instrumental on the CD, Chris Cornell, and Ozzy were easily the best tracks on it, though. The final track which features Iggy Pop was an utter abomination.

He also got me Gn'R's Chinese Democracy, and I'm having a really hard time wading through it. I'm not particularly a Gn'R fan, but I do have a couple favorites from the "old days." This CD so far…I guess I just don't get it or something.

sk8te-penguin
05-06-2011, 07:17 AM
I was looking at that CD Rag... never thought to get it though.

The Stray Cat
05-06-2011, 07:23 AM
I never pictured Rag listening to GnR! LOL!

Morning gentlemen! Afternoon to those members over the big blue wet thing!

Ragnarok
05-06-2011, 07:26 AM
The Muppets' Treasure Island was awesome! :D Tim Curry was the best thing about it. :lol:

Yeah, I have a few Gn'R tracks in my iTunes "liberry." Some Van Halen, Sixx:AM, Metallica, Disturbed, even some Journey. :eek:

The Stray Cat
05-06-2011, 07:38 AM
The Muppets' Treasure Island was awesome! :D Tim Curry was the best thing about it. :lol:

Yeah, I have a few Gn'R tracks in my iTunes "liberry." Some Van Halen, Sixx:AM, Metallica, Disturbed, even some Journey. :eek:

You might be the only member here aside from me that knew the movie that came from. The songs in that were great. What hasn't Tim Curry made better just by being in it?

Ragnarok
05-06-2011, 07:49 AM
He was the only thing worth watching in Legend. The makeup for "Darkness" is still one of the most amazing things in cinema I've ever seen. Even his brief work in The Hunt for Red October was really cool. He was Tim Burton's second choice for The Joker in Burton's Batman. I think that would have made the movie actually watchable. :blink: I'm glad he didn't though - that way I don't have to feel bad about hating the movie. :lol:

However, I would argue that nothing could save The Rocky Horror Picture Show. There was nothing redeemable about that movie.

Speaking of things irredeemable, I saw the latest Conan trailer. I'm still not liking "the new guy." I think people familiar with the artwork for the comics (which I saw as a kid - in fact, put a shirt on Conan from the comics and you get Nathan Explosion from Metalocalypse) might find him acceptable, but based on the "history" of the actual novels that I've studied (very little, admittedly) he still doesn't fit.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ejz6MzYB_f8

The Stray Cat
05-06-2011, 08:02 AM
I am not so sure about this new Conan flick, the actor looks to Persian to me and not quite beefy enough. He does resemble some of the different comic book story arc from old but Conan is suppose to be a big dude!

Ragnarok
05-06-2011, 08:35 AM
The actor is Hawaiian, but yeah, he would be fine if the Cimmerians were analogous to Central Asian/Nothern Asian peoples…which they're not. :blink: This guy is big. He's 2 inches taller than Arnold was in his prime, but like I said a few weeks ago, Arnold WAS Conan. It'd be like anyone other than Lou Ferrigno playing the Hulk, or anyone other than John Wayne playing Rooster Cogburn. It can be done, but, man, they're going to have to do better than that. Physique-wise, this guy's very impressive, but again we're comparing him to Arnold, who had that "mythical musculature" that few actors ever had (I'll include Ferrigno in this group, too).

If Conan had never been made into a film (or TV show, for that matter - which had a good replacement for Arnold with Rolf Moller, but not a worthy story) this might be easier to swallow. To be honest, I don't know that I could come up with a "new guy" that would have been an appropriate alternative. What I'm about to say is going to sound bigoted no matter how I attempt to phrase it, and that is DEFINITELY not what I want, but…my biggest issue here is the guy's the wrong ethnicity. They need a fair-skinned Teutonic or Nordic actor for this part, or at least someone that looks like they could be some persuasion of Germanic, to stay true to the original literary character. An example of that was that they had a Czech actor play Buliwyf in The 13th Warrior (still the best Beowulf adaptation ever made) and he was perfect for that part. Too bad he's not 15 years younger. :blink: He'd make the perfect Viking Thor if they were to make a proper, LotR-style, non-Marvel/sci-fi Thor movie. Hell, even at his current age, he'd still make an awesome Thor.

The Stray Cat
05-06-2011, 08:45 AM
I agree 100% he just doesn't have the right ethinicity for the part. Even if he is tall he just doesn't have the girth.

Have you watched Game of Thrones on HBO? He is in that and plays a Persian style Leader of a barbaric nomadic clan. He fits the part great. Its actually a really good show. You wouldn't appreciate the nudity in it, but the actual story line of the show is captivating, Sean Bean (Boromir) is also in it, along with LEna Heady ( 300).

Ian
05-06-2011, 09:19 AM
In other news i watched 'Little Fockers' < quickly checking i spelt that right lol
Not a bad film but certainly not as funny as the first. Although, the bathroom insident had me in stitches.

Ragnarok
05-06-2011, 09:38 AM
I agree 100% he just doesn't have the right ethinicity for the part. Even if he is tall he just doesn't have the girth. That would fit with that musculature comment I made.

Have you watched Game of Thrones on HBO? He is in that and plays a Persian style Leader of a barbaric nomadic clan. He fits the part great. Its actually a really good show. You wouldn't appreciate the nudity in it, but the actual story line of the show is captivating, Sean Bean (Boromir) is also in it, along with LEna Heady ( 300).
Naw, I don't have cable, so I don't have to worry about it. I've seen articles on the show before it started airing and, yeah, the "nuderty" would keep me from watching it. Sean Bean is an awesome actor. I wish he'd get more parts as good guys. I understand he's not-a-bad-guy in this new series.

In other news i watched 'Little Fockers' < quickly checking i spelt that right lol
Not a bad film but certainly not as funny as the first. Although, the bathroom insident had me in stitches.
Well, since my respect level of the first was already zero, I don't think I have a reason to see the new one. http://hvx-rc.com/forumstuff/emo/emo-raspberry2.gif

Ian
05-06-2011, 09:40 AM
Well, since my respect level of the first was already zero, I don't think I have a reason to see the new one. http://hvx-rc.com/forumstuff/emo/emo-raspberry2.gif

You liked it then? :D

Oh oh oh. Do want.

http://i50.photobucket.com/albums/f303/Iansvecs/IVECO-Daily_4x4_mp165_pic_53982.jpg

Ragnarok
05-06-2011, 09:43 AM
You liked it then? :D
If "like" is analogous to "pure, raw, unadulterated hatred," then, yes, I flipping loved it! :lol:

The Stray Cat
05-06-2011, 10:08 AM
Rag, as far as Game of Thrones is concerned the nudity is on the line of Conan the Barbarian. Now of course its a 1 hour show and not every one has nudity in it. There is some swearing but not bad either. Bean actually is awesome in this, he is like the Kings Main body guard.

I have never been 100% sure if I liked or disliked the Focker's series.

Ian
05-06-2011, 10:10 AM
I'd like to congratulate the newest member of the forum for thair originality in coming up with a unique name.....

Welcome: FALON.

LondonF350
05-06-2011, 11:00 AM
Wait....your not even on the list?

You should be fired from the Spam Cannon!

Exactly! I'm not on that list, this means i am erm umm... it means i have done my spamming and am now settling down for a more relaxed stay here on scale and letting you newbs come in and fill the spam void. I have no reason to post count compete! i have 2 accounts here, mine has over 8500 posts and my other has over 5000 :p

Wait a minute....... are Ian and Joker the same person??????? :thinking: :confused: :dunno:

Ragnarok
05-06-2011, 11:02 AM
http://hvx-rc.com/forumstuff/emo/emo-suspicious.gif

Ian
05-06-2011, 11:14 AM
http://i50.photobucket.com/albums/f303/Iansvecs/Giffs%20and%20stuff/catstare.gif

Ragnarok
05-06-2011, 11:25 AM
http://pics.kuvaton.com/kuvei/standing_20_count.gif

LondonF350
05-06-2011, 12:36 PM
http://img.chan4chan.com/img/2009-11-17/1258465819781.gif

The Stray Cat
05-06-2011, 12:56 PM
http://img.chan4chan.com/img/2009-11-17/1258465819781.gif

I LOL'd at that!:D

THE_JOKER
05-06-2011, 01:06 PM
Theres Treachery afoot!.

Ian
05-06-2011, 01:07 PM
Theres Treachery afoot!.

There needs to be something, he certainly couldn't hit that ball :D

EDIT: I has da 1st post on da page 900 :woohoo:
:stickdance: :stickdance: :stickdance: :stickdance: :stickdance: :stickdance: :stickdance: :stickdance: :stickdance: :stickdance: :stickdance: :stickdance: :stickdance: :stickdance: :stickdance: :stickdance: :stickdance: :stickdance: :stickdance: :stickdance: :stickdance: :stickdance: :stickdance: :stickdance: :stickdance: :stickdance: :stickdance: :stickdance: :stickdance: :stickdance: :stickdance: :stickdance: :stickdance: :stickdance: :stickdance: :stickdance: :stickdance: :stickdance: :stickdance: :stickdance: :stickdance: :stickdance: :stickdance: :stickdance: :stickdance: :stickdance: :stickdance: :stickdance: :stickdance: :stickdance: :stickdance: :stickdance: :stickdance: :stickdance: :stickdance: :stickdance: :stickdance: :stickdance: :stickdance: :stickdance: :stickdance: :stickdance: :stickdance: :stickdance: :stickdance: :stickdance: :stickdance: :stickdance: :stickdance: :stickdance: :stickdance: :stickdance: :stickdance: :stickdance: :stickdance: :stickdance: :stickdance: :stickdance: :stickdance: :stickdance: :stickdance: :stickdance: :stickdance: :stickdance: :stickdance: :stickdance: :stickdance: :stickdance: :stickdance: :stickdance: :stickdance: :stickdance: :stickdance: :stickdance: :stickdance: :stickdance: :stickdance: :stickdance: :stickdance: :stickdance: :stickdance: :stickdance: :stickdance: :stickdance: :stickdance: :stickdance: :stickdance: :stickdance: :stickdance: :stickdance: :stickdance: :stickdance: :stickdance: :stickdance: :stickdance: :stickdance: :stickdance: :stickdance: :stickdance: :stickdance: :stickdance: :stickdance: :stickdance: :stickdance: :stickdance: :stickdance: :stickdance: :stickdance: :stickdance: :stickdance: :stickdance: :stickdance: :stickdance: :stickdance: :stickdance: :stickdance: :stickdance: :stickdance: :stickdance: :stickdance: :stickdance: :stickdance: :stickdance: :stickdance: :stickdance: :stickdance: :stickdance: :stickdance: :stickdance: :stickdance: :stickdance: :stickdance: :stickdance: :stickdance: :stickdance: :stickdance: :stickdance: :stickdance: :stickdance: :stickdance: :stickdance: :stickdance: :stickdance: :stickdance: :stickdance: :stickdance: :stickdance: :stickdance: :stickdance: :stickdance: :stickdance: :stickdance: :stickdance: :stickdance: :stickdance: :stickdance: :stickdance: :stickdance: :stickdance: :stickdance: :stickdance: :stickdance: :stickdance: :stickdance: :stickdance: :stickdance: :stickdance: :stickdance: :stickdance: :stickdance: :stickdance: :stickdance: :stickdance: :stickdance: :stickdance: :stickdance: :stickdance: :stickdance: :stickdance: :stickdance: :stickdance: :stickdance: :stickdance: :stickdance: :stickdance: :stickdance: :stickdance: :stickdance: :stickdance: :stickdance: :stickdance: :stickdance: :stickdance: :stickdance: :stickdance: :stickdance: :stickdance: :stickdance: :stickdance: :stickdance: :stickdance: :stickdance: :stickdance: :stickdance: :stickdance: :stickdance: :stickdance: :stickdance: :stickdance: :stickdance: :stickdance: :stickdance: :stickdance: :stickdance: :stickdance: :stickdance: :stickdance: :stickdance: :stickdance: :stickdance: :stickdance: :stickdance: :stickdance: :stickdance: :stickdance: :stickdance: :stickdance: :stickdance: :stickdance: :stickdance: :stickdance: :stickdance: :stickdance: :stickdance: :stickdance: :stickdance: :stickdance: :stickdance: :stickdance: :stickdance: :stickdance: :stickdance: :stickdance: :stickdance: :stickdance: :stickdance: :stickdance: :stickdance: :stickdance: :stickdance: :stickdance: :stickdance: :stickdance: :stickdance: :stickdance: :stickdance: :stickdance: :stickdance: :stickdance: :stickdance: :stickdance: :stickdance: :stickdance: :stickdance: :stickdance: :stickdance: :stickdance: :stickdance: :stickdance: :stickdance: :stickdance: :stickdance: :stickdance: :stickdance: :stickdance: :stickdance: :stickdance: :stickdance: :stickdance: :stickdance: :stickdance: :stickdance: :stickdance: :stickdance: :stickdance: :stickdance: :stickdance: :stickdance: :stickdance: :stickdance: :stickdance: :stickdance: :stickdance: :stickdance: :stickdance: :stickdance: :stickdance: :stickdance: :stickdance: :stickdance: :stickdance: :stickdance: :stickdance: :stickdance: :stickdance: :stickdance: :stickdance: :stickdance: :stickdance: :stickdance: :stickdance: :stickdance: :stickdance: :stickdance: :stickdance: :stickdance: :stickdance: :stickdance: :stickdance: :stickdance: :stickdance: :stickdance: :stickdance: :stickdance: :stickdance: :stickdance: :stickdance: :stickdance: :stickdance: :stickdance: :stickdance: :stickdance: :stickdance: :stickdance: :stickdance: :stickdance: :stickdance: :stickdance: :stickdance: :stickdance: :stickdance: :stickdance: :stickdance: :stickdance: :stickdance: :stickdance: :stickdance: :stickdance: :stickdance: :stickdance: :stickdance: :stickdance: :stickdance: :stickdance: :stickdance: :stickdance: :stickdance: :stickdance: :stickdance: :stickdance: :stickdance: :stickdance: :stickdance: :stickdance: :stickdance: :stickdance: :stickdance: :stickdance: :stickdance: :stickdance: :stickdance: :stickdance: :stickdance: :stickdance: :stickdance: :stickdance: :stickdance: :stickdance: :stickdance: :stickdance: :stickdance: :stickdance: :stickdance: :stickdance: :stickdance: :stickdance: :stickdance: :stickdance: :stickdance: :stickdance: :stickdance: :stickdance: :stickdance: :stickdance: :stickdance: :stickdance: :stickdance: :stickdance: :stickdance: :stickdance: :stickdance: :stickdance: :stickdance: :stickdance: :stickdance: :stickdance: :stickdance: :stickdance: :stickdance: :stickdance: :stickdance: :stickdance: :stickdance: :stickdance: :stickdance: :stickdance: :stickdance: :stickdance: :stickdance: :stickdance: :stickdance: :stickdance: :stickdance: :stickdance: :stickdance: :stickdance: :stickdance: :stickdance: :stickdance: :stickdance: :stickdance: :stickdance: :stickdance: :stickdance: :stickdance: :stickdance: :stickdance: :stickdance: :stickdance: :stickdance: :stickdance: :stickdance: :stickdance: :stickdance: :stickdance: :stickdance: :stickdance: :stickdance: :stickdance: :stickdance: :stickdance: :stickdance: :stickdance: :stickdance: :stickdance: :stickdance: :stickdance: :stickdance: :stickdance: :stickdance: :stickdance: :stickdance: :stickdance: :stickdance: :stickdance: :stickdance: :stickdance: :stickdance: :stickdance: :stickdance: :stickdance: :stickdance: :stickdance: :stickdance: :stickdance: :stickdance: :stickdance: :stickdance: :stickdance: :stickdance: :stickdance: :stickdance: :stickdance: :stickdance: :stickdance: :stickdance: :stickdance: :stickdance: :stickdance: :stickdance: :stickdance: :stickdance: :stickdance: :stickdance: :stickdance: :stickdance: :stickdance: :stickdance: :stickdance: :stickdance: :stickdance: :stickdance: :stickdance: :stickdance: :stickdance: :stickdance: :stickdance: :stickdance: :stickdance: :stickdance: :stickdance: :stickdance: :stickdance: :stickdance: :stickdance: :stickdance: :stickdance: :stickdance: :stickdance: :stickdance: :stickdance: :stickdance: :stickdance: :stickdance: :stickdance: :stickdance: :stickdance: :stickdance: :stickdance: :stickdance: :stickdance: :stickdance: :stickdance: :stickdance: :stickdance: :stickdance: :stickdance: :stickdance: :stickdance: :stickdance: :stickdance: :stickdance: :stickdance: :stickdance: :stickdance: :stickdance: :stickdance: :stickdance: :stickdance: :stickdance: :stickdance: :stickdance: :stickdance: :stickdance: :stickdance: :stickdance: :stickdance: :stickdance: :stickdance: :stickdance: :stickdance: :stickdance: :stickdance: :stickdance: :stickdance: :stickdance: :stickdance: :stickdance: :stickdance: :stickdance: :stickdance: :stickdance: :stickdance: :stickdance: :stickdance: :stickdance: :stickdance: :stickdance: :stickdance: :stickdance: :stickdance: :stickdance: :stickdance: :stickdance: :stickdance: :stickdance: :stickdance: :stickdance: :stickdance: :stickdance: :stickdance: :stickdance: :stickdance: :stickdance: :stickdance: :stickdance: :stickdance: :stickdance: :stickdance: :stickdance: :stickdance: :stickdance: :stickdance: :stickdance: :stickdance: :stickdance: :stickdance: :stickdance: :stickdance: :stickdance: :stickdance: :stickdance: :stickdance: :stickdance: :stickdance: :stickdance: :stickdance: :stickdance: :stickdance: :stickdance: :stickdance: :stickdance: :stickdance: :stickdance: :stickdance: :stickdance: :stickdance: :stickdance: :stickdance: :stickdance: :stickdance: :stickdance: :stickdance: :stickdance: :stickdance: :stickdance: :stickdance: :stickdance: :stickdance: :stickdance: :stickdance: :stickdance: :stickdance: :stickdance: :stickdance: :stickdance: :stickdance: :stickdance: :stickdance: :stickdance: :stickdance: :stickdance: :stickdance: :stickdance: :stickdance: :stickdance: :stickdance: :stickdance: :stickdance: :stickdance: :stickdance: :stickdance: :stickdance: :stickdance: :stickdance: :stickdance: :stickdance: :stickdance: :stickdance: :stickdance: :stickdance: :stickdance: :stickdance: :stickdance: :stickdance: :stickdance: :stickdance: :stickdance: :stickdance: :stickdance: :stickdance: :stickdance: :stickdance: :stickdance: :stickdance: :stickdance: :stickdance: :stickdance: :stickdance: :stickdance: :stickdance: :stickdance: :stickdance: :stickdance: :stickdance: :stickdance: :stickdance: :stickdance: :stickdance: :stickdance: :stickdance: :stickdance: :stickdance: :stickdance: :stickdance: :stickdance: :stickdance: :stickdance: :stickdance: :stickdance: :stickdance: :stickdance: :stickdance: :stickdance: :stickdance: :stickdance: :stickdance: :stickdance: :stickdance: :stickdance: :stickdance: :stickdance: :stickdance: :stickdance: :stickdance: :stickdance: :stickdance: :stickdance: :stickdance: :stickdance: :stickdance: :stickdance: :stickdance: :stickdance: :stickdance: :stickdance: :stickdance: :stickdance: :stickdance: :stickdance: :stickdance: :stickdance: :stickdance: :stickdance: :stickdance: :stickdance: :stickdance: :stickdance: :stickdance: :stickdance: :stickdance: :stickdance: :stickdance: :stickdance: :stickdance: :stickdance: :stickdance: :stickdance: :stickdance: :stickdance: :stickdance: :stickdance: :stickdance: :stickdance: :stickdance: :stickdance: :stickdance: :stickdance: :stickdance: :stickdance: :stickdance: :stickdance: :stickdance: :stickdance: :stickdance: :stickdance: :stickdance: :stickdance: :stickdance: :stickdance: :stickdance: :stickdance: :stickdance: :stickdance: :stickdance: :stickdance: :stickdance: :stickdance: :stickdance: :stickdance: :stickdance: :stickdance: :stickdance: :stickdance: :stickdance: :stickdance: :stickdance: :stickdance: :stickdance: :stickdance: :stickdance: :stickdance: :stickdance: :stickdance: :stickdance: :stickdance: :stickdance: :stickdance: :stickdance: :stickdance: :stickdance: :stickdance: :stickdance: :stickdance: :stickdance: :stickdance: :stickdance: :stickdance: :stickdance: :stickdance: :stickdance: :stickdance: :stickdance: :stickdance: :stickdance: :stickdance: :stickdance: :stickdance: :stickdance: :stickdance: :stickdance: :stickdance: :stickdance: :stickdance: :stickdance: :stickdance: :stickdance: :stickdance: :stickdance: :stickdance: :stickdance: :stickdance: :stickdance: :stickdance: :stickdance: :stickdance: :stickdance: :stickdance: :stickdance: :stickdance: :stickdance: :stickdance: :stickdance: :stickdance: :stickdance: :stickdance: :stickdance: :stickdance: :stickdance: :stickdance: :stickdance: :stickdance: :stickdance: :stickdance: :stickdance: :stickdance: :stickdance: :stickdance: :stickdance: :stickdance: :stickdance: :stickdance: :stickdance: :stickdance: :stickdance: :stickdance: :stickdance: :stickdance: :stickdance: :stickdance: :stickdance: :stickdance: :stickdance: :stickdance: :stickdance: :stickdance: :stickdance: :stickdance: :stickdance: :stickdance: :stickdance: :stickdance: :stickdance: :stickdance: :stickdance: :stickdance: :stickdance: :stickdance: :stickdance: :stickdance: :stickdance: :stickdance: :stickdance: :stickdance: :stickdance: :stickdance: :stickdance: :stickdance: :stickdance: :stickdance: :stickdance: :stickdance: :stickdance: :stickdance: :stickdance: :stickdance: :stickdance: :stickdance: :stickdance: :stickdance: :stickdance: :stickdance: :stickdance: :stickdance: :stickdance:

THE_JOKER
05-06-2011, 01:14 PM
I thought it was an egg. lol, specsavers.

Ian
05-06-2011, 01:20 PM
Looked like a small white American football?

The Stray Cat
05-06-2011, 01:26 PM
Looked like a small white American football?

That's what I was thinking! Or a water balloon.

Ian
05-06-2011, 01:28 PM
Maybe we all need glasses or better glasses?

Ragnarok
05-06-2011, 01:33 PM
Hand egg. That dog down there in the corner has seen it all. :blink:

Ragnarok
05-06-2011, 01:50 PM
http://thechive.files.wordpress.com/2011/04/friday_gif_selection_01.gif

The Stray Cat
05-06-2011, 01:58 PM
I love the matter of fact look after he lands it!

THE_JOKER
05-06-2011, 02:00 PM
Thats a funny gif!.

Ian
05-06-2011, 07:37 PM
Drives like my missus :facepalm:

oldskoolmini
05-06-2011, 10:04 PM
well i had a genius moment today.

decided to take my wheelchair apart to clean and inspect it. got the seat back, bottom cusion, and rear wheels off it. wiped down everything and tightened loose bolts and fixed a loose seat back mount. went to put it all back together, and i got everything put back on except for one wheel. the damned thing would just not go on. i spent 30 minutes trying to put it back on. busted 3 knuckles, cursed many many times:firedevil:, only to find out the brake was on pushing the lever that hits the tire backwards causing the wheel to not go in the hole to lock:banghead::banghead::banghead:. unlocked the brake then the axle slid in the hole and locked:blink:. i felt so stupid. all i did was just laugh at my retardedness. remind me next time i do tis to unlock the brakes.:crazy:

also went to the doc today. he told me i have a severe urinary tract infection. almost to the point of hospitalization. the doc then gave me an antibiotic shot from hell. even when injected into the numbest spot on my thigh it burnt. it should be renamed satan's shot.

Ragnarok
05-06-2011, 11:33 PM
At least it wasn't a shot "at the site of infection." :firedevil: THAT would be the shot from Hell.

Ian
05-07-2011, 04:52 AM
http://i50.photobucket.com/albums/f303/Iansvecs/Giffs%20and%20stuff/images.jpg

Oggy
05-07-2011, 06:18 AM
WARNING, THERE IS LOTS OF SWEARING IN THIS VIDEO

but i know you movie buffs will like this video

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=PSEYXWmEse8

Ian
05-07-2011, 06:39 AM
That's some funny shet!! That's a video we can post for those newbs that don't have Talon to sort out anymore!! As soon as they ask stupid questions, or open multiple threads for multiple questions in the space of 1 minute just post this video for them :lol: