PDA

View Full Version : between me an rangerboy - OFFICIAL THREAD MISSION STATEMENT POST #253

Pages : 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 51 52 53 54 55 56 57 58 [59] 60 61 62 63 64 65 66 67 68 69 70 71 72 73 74 75 76 77 78 79 80 81 82

The Stray Cat
07-05-2011, 03:03 PM
Get rid of your girlfriend. Everything will cost half as much because you won't have to pay for her. Furthermore, without a women telling you what to do, you won't have to go to stupid places like theaters or restaurants. Even more money in your pocket.

:bacondance:

:lol::rofl::D:lolbeat::rolling:

Rich makes a very valid point, however, if you're lonely and the money goes to tranny strippers, you're really not saving much!:lolbeat:

Ragnarok
07-05-2011, 03:04 PM
[/SIZE]

WHAT'S THE MATTER?????????????

Primal scream therapy. That and a nascent wellspring of frustration that comes from being me.

PS: Fat bottomed girls do make the world go 'round.

The Stray Cat
07-05-2011, 03:14 PM
Primal scream therapy. That and a nascent wellspring of frustration that comes from being me.

PS: Fat bottomed girls do make the world go 'round.

Good, as long as it's nothing serious!:chug::rofl:

PS: yes they do!, not that Freddy Mercury would know, he like skinny boy bottoms from what his biography says!

pardonmyn00b
07-05-2011, 03:23 PM
:lol::rofl::D:lolbeat::rolling:

Rich makes a very valid point, however, if you're lonely and the money goes to tranny strippers, you're really not saving much!:lolbeat:

That's why I got rid of my last girlfriend. I needed more money for ladyboys.

oldskoolmini
07-05-2011, 05:50 PM
yeah girlfriends are expensive! my last one cost a bloody fortune. and she was a bit of a nutter. glad she is gone. but one bad side about being sigle is cooking dinners sized for two and having to save half in the fridge. and the prices of lotion and tissue are outrageous!!!:shoot:

Ragnarok
07-05-2011, 08:42 PM
Good, as long as it's nothing serious!:chug::rofl:
It sorta is. But mostly it's just the "Ragnarok Malaise." :(

PS: yes they do!, not that Freddy Mercury would know, he like skinny boy bottoms from what his biography says!
Them "funny boys" don't know what they're missing. Just more of teh wimminz for us, I guess. :lol:

yeah girlfriends are expensive! my last one cost a bloody fortune. and she was a bit of a nutter. glad she is gone. but one bad side about being sigle is cooking dinners sized for two and having to save half in the fridge. and the prices of lotion and tissue are outrageous!!!:shoot:

In truth, I suggest that you need to raise your standards. It would seem that getting romantically involved with Jerry Springer washouts is like French kissing a Kitchen Aid food processor. There will be blood. :blink: Find a girl with higher moral standards, one that comes from a more stable home (I realize that's always a crap shoot with the institution of The Family in tragic decline), and has it "all together" upstairs. Not all young women are manipulative, narcissistic psychopaths. Those that are create a horrible template that force many men to judge every girl by it. I've known a few that would change the minds of a lot of jaundiced guys. :nice: However, if I could have only been what they wanted… :thinking:

The Stray Cat
07-06-2011, 07:02 AM
In truth, I suggest that you need to raise your standards. It would seem that getting romantically involved with Jerry Springer washouts is like French kissing a Kitchen Aid food processor. There will be blood. :blink: Find a girl with higher moral standards, one that comes from a more stable home (I realize that's always a crap shoot with the institution of The Family in tragic decline), and has it "all together" upstairs. Not all young women are manipulative, narcissistic psychopaths. Those that are create a horrible template that force many men to judge every girl by it. I've known a few that would change the minds of a lot of jaundiced guys. :nice: However, if I could have only been what they wanted… :thinking:

And now you know....and knowing is half the battle....Yo Joe!
http://i663.photobucket.com/albums/uu359/elkozak73/Yo%20Joe/tfvsgijoev2_dw_01_inctv.jpg

Ragnarok
07-06-2011, 08:05 AM

:aflac:

By the way, why are they reveling in front of an Autobot flag? :confused:

THE_JOKER
07-06-2011, 08:15 AM
Probably had a few?

The Stray Cat
07-06-2011, 08:19 AM

:aflac:

By the way, why are they reveling in front of an Autobot flag? :confused:

That was from the comic book cross over, the Joes teamed up with the Autobots, it was actually a really good story!:chug:

Ragnarok
07-06-2011, 08:21 AM
"Hey guys, we're out of American flags! What do we do?"
"I dunno. Just put up one of those flags from the alien robots that stepped on half our men by accident and party in front of that."

That was from the comic book cross over, the Joes teamed up with the Autobots, it was actually a really good story!:chug:

Ah. :nice:

The Stray Cat
07-06-2011, 08:47 AM
"Hey guys, we're out of American flags! What do we do?"
"I dunno. Just put up one of those flags from the alien robots that stepped on half our men by accident and party in front of that."

Ah. :nice:

You should check it out, it took place during WWII, and they did some pretty cool things with Transformers in making them WWII era vehicles.:chug:

Ragnarok
07-06-2011, 01:58 PM
Truthfully, I'm not a comic book reader. I'll probably look it up online, though. :chug:

Any of you guys ever get a hankerin' for playing old Atari 2600 games? I have. Found a good emu and a couple of games I used to play a lot: Combat and Canyon Bomber. Another one I played a lot on my 2600 was Spider Fighter, but I already have that on an Activision compilation for PS1.

Ahh. Eases the pain. :nice:

The Stray Cat
07-06-2011, 02:04 PM
Truthfully, I'm not a comic book reader. I'll probably look it up online, though. :chug:

If you can some of the pictures from it, those were what really made the story anyway, the joes and TFs looked awesome in the vintage garb.Any of you guys ever get a hankerin' for playing old Atari 2600 games? I have. Found a good emu and a couple of games I used to play a lot: Combat and Canyon Bomber. Another one I played a lot on my 2600 was Spider Fighter, but I already have that on an Activision compilation for PS1.

Ahh. Eases the pain. :nice:

I would love to play a lot of the old Atari games! KaBoom! was one of my favorites still have the patch they gave away for acheiving a high score over a certain amount, can't remember the score you had to beat, but I did it! It's funny that when the Atari 2600 came out it gave you the option of color or black and white!

Oggy
07-06-2011, 02:06 PM
i'm starting to feal old, i've just read that there is going to be a remake of predator

you know you are old when you remember the original version at the cinema

Ragnarok
07-06-2011, 02:07 PM
I would love to play a lot of the old Atari games! KaBoom! was one of my favorites still have the patch they gave away for acheiving a high score over a certain amount, can't remember the score you had to beat, but I did it! It's funny that when the Atari 2600 came out it gave you the option of color or black and white!

Yup, 'cause lots of TVs were still B&W. :lol: I know I had it hooked up to a B&W TV most of the time.
i'm starting to feal old, i've just read that there is going to be a remake of predator

Arnold had been attached until "Who is your daddy and what does he do"-gate. :lol: Kinda ruined his comeback before he was able to do it.

The Stray Cat
07-06-2011, 02:08 PM

I thought they were done with the Predator movies. Hopefully it won't be a disaster like Predators was.

THE_JOKER
07-06-2011, 02:10 PM
Whats with the red text Rock?.....are you......you know....coming "out"?

Ragnarok
07-06-2011, 02:13 PM
Naw. If it was pink or purple, then you'd have something to worry about.

THE_JOKER
07-06-2011, 02:17 PM
Nowt wrong with purple!.......unless its a dress or something.

Oggy
07-06-2011, 02:23 PM
"Who is your daddy and what does he do"-gate

lulz, NSFW

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ALl6tp1Izrs&feature=related

Ragnarok
07-06-2011, 02:25 PM
Nowt wrong with purple!.......unless its a dress or something.
I guess it depends on the kind of purple it is, too. But pink…I think that's pretty universally gay. Unless it's on a Hart brother or something. :facepalm:

THE_JOKER
07-06-2011, 02:28 PM
Im with you on Pink bud!

Quite a few golfers seem to go for Pink shirts.......

The Stray Cat
07-06-2011, 02:29 PM
Just wrote in red since I jumped in the middle of Rag's text and wanted it to stand out! No I've been married for going on 14 years I have endured to much with a woman to even consider jumping the fence!:D

Rag, did you ever see TF3? If you did I missed the review!

THE_JOKER
07-06-2011, 02:30 PM
Fence aint that high Rock.

EDIT:

Transformers 3.....that's the one without "her" in it right?

Ragnarok
07-06-2011, 02:42 PM
Rag, did you ever see TF3? If you did I missed the review!
I'm planning on seeing it this weekend. That could change, but at the moment I'm going Saturday. :nice:
Transformers 3.....that's the one without "her" in it right?
TF3? Yes, it's without "her," but it has another "her" that many people will be wishing to forget as well. :sht:

The Stray Cat
07-06-2011, 02:42 PM
Yes, she who will not be named. I found it quite humurous as I read some of the reviews of actual guys that went to see and said the new girl couldn't act and the movie sucked because she wasn't in it. My 5 year old can act better than she can, so I am not sure what they consider good acting but after reading that, their review was pretty worthless. If you can't tell that "she" is a horrible actress how can you really critique a film.:lolbeat:

Ragnarok
07-06-2011, 02:55 PM
I remember that scene in the first one where "she" was just towing off a wounded Bumblebee, and then she stops the towtruck. Next we get a huge closeup on her chewed toenails as she hits her head against the steering wheel, all the while it appears she's telling the audience, "I'm having…an…emotion!" Tres pathetique. :nono:

Still, I think "she" is better looking than "new she," but it doesn't matter because they're both ultimately unlikable AND they're both completely unnecessary to the movies. Both "shes" are simply hood ornaments - scantily- and/or tightly-clad pieces of eye candy that are there to lure hormone-driven adolescents into the movie who don't seem to think that huge alien robots turning into stuff is enough to keep their interest. Shia's n' her plotline was more annoyingly stupid and derivative than a your typical 1980s romantic comedy "starring" skin-pelingly bad "actors" like Steve Gutenberg and Ally Sheedy. Yuck-a-buck! :mad:

The Stray Cat
07-06-2011, 03:07 PM
Yes neither oneof the actresses had any real business being in the film. Hell I wish they would've done it like the original cartoons and had the guy and girl be kids. I haven't seen the new girl act, but she isn't very attractive in my opinion, of course, I've never been fond of 'her" either.

Waterboy
07-06-2011, 04:21 PM
Ok so I'm looking at careers, and I'm thinking oceanography or ocean engineering. What do you guys think?

Ragnarok
07-06-2011, 08:14 PM
Yes neither oneof the actresses had any real business being in the film. Hell I wish they would've done it like the original cartoons and had the guy and girl be kids. I haven't seen the new girl act, but she isn't very attractive in my opinion, of course, I've never been fond of 'her" either.
I dunno. The age they chose the main character to be was okay. Actually, it is about the same as it was in the 'toons, wasn't it. It's just the Californication/Hollywoodized "teen life" and slap-dash hollow romance plot-crap flotsam is what's been hurting the whole franchise. Bumblebee has been reduced to Herbie the Love Bug-meets-Johnny Five. If I were directing it, I'd write that baztard, too. I think the biggest problem are these two things:
NOT focusing on the REAL characters of the movie - The Transformers. If you're not allowed to care about them then the movie's going to fail.
When the main human characters are featured, they're the pathetically insipid examples of the Southern California ideal, both in personality and behavior. Their "ideals" of love, what's cool, and other representations of various lifestyle facets are all totally shallow, worldly, and inaccurate. The vapid and feculent mindset makes the movies even more hollow and meaningless.
Fix them and you can stop worrying about things like Devastator's ghoulies, dominance-humping chihuahuas, and the military guys simply being set decoration.

Ok so I'm looking at careers, and I'm thinking oceanography or ocean engineering. What do you guys think?

I'd go for ocean engineering. We could always use another ocean. I'd say build it between Tibet and Mongolia, and stretch it from the Sea of China to the Mediterranean. :nice:

Ragnarok
07-06-2011, 10:20 PM
Well, change of plans. I'm not going to see TF3 this weekend, but rather next weekend. Been texting my younger bro and he has to work all day Saturday, and I'm in a similar circumstance. He suggested Sunday but I don't go anywhere on Sunday for a lot of reasons.

It's just as well because this has been a very stressful week. So will the next, actually, but things should calm down a bit after next Friday.

Ragnarok
07-06-2011, 11:30 PM
Wow. Synth-Projects.de, the guy I've been following for inspiration with custom synth controllers has had his IP ripped off by a manufacturer that's selling this item commercially. :nono:

A while ago, a very good software synth called the impOSCar inspired Mario Jurisch (Synth-Projects) to build a dedicated knob-for-knob, switch-for-switch controller for said instrument. He actually made a few of them, including one for the developer of the software instrument. He took an open USB/MIDI development platform and made something very special.

Fast-forward a couple of years to a couple of days ago. The developer of impOSCar has released version 2 of the synth, now lo and behold, an "official" dedicated hardware controller has been released commercially by Touch Digital Controllers, whom claim the idea was theirs. The exact quote is "…now we can manufacture our own ideas into products…" Wait! What? It wasn't "their idea." There's no original thought to this product.

For those that care to look, click here on Synth-Project's home page (http://www.synth-project.de/Welcome.html) and he has a transition video to compares his controller to the commercial knock-off.

If I ever get my own controller completed it would behoove me to not take photos to show the world just to have some IP thief steal my ideas so they can profit from it. This poor guy has been robbed. I guess the moral of this story is don't be a nice guy and share your own innovative ideas with any commercial entity you happen to be a fan of - it's likely to be stolen from you and someone other than yourself will profit from it. :kick:

BADMUTHATrUCKER
07-07-2011, 12:26 AM

Oceanography would be a good gig if you could get it. Limited number of people to annoy you and all that sea...

Lee
07-07-2011, 12:42 AM
by ocean engineering do you mean marine engineering, as in boats, oil rigs etc?
theres deffinatly a market in that, look at maths, physics, chemistry, all the hard stuff- ive dived head first at that for my 6th form college studies
I've heard marine biology on the other hand is extremely hard to get involved with, everyone wants a go- but theres only a few jobs. But, if you want something hard enough you'll get it.

also guys... might be buying another boat soon! I went to the sailing club last night, my mate bought a big double handed racing boat the other day, his second, and since he's moving up to wales to become an instructor he may be selling his other one. theyre worth £25,000 new but hes wanting £250 for his (20 years old but still going strong with newly varnished decks and whatnot).

Ian
07-07-2011, 02:23 AM
Shh, i'm not here, nothing to see... move along.

THE_JOKER
07-07-2011, 05:11 AM
Got the ol' Email for the upcoming "down time"

A break for everyone! :lol:

The Stray Cat
07-07-2011, 06:20 AM
I dunno. The age they chose the main character to be was okay. Actually, it is about the same as it was in the 'toons, wasn't it. It's just the Californication/Hollywoodized "teen life" and slap-dash hollow romance plot-crap flotsam is what's been hurting the whole franchise. Bumblebee has been reduced to Herbie the Love Bug-meets-Johnny Five. If I were directing it, I'd write that baztard, too. I think the biggest problem are these two things:
NOT focusing on the REAL characters of the movie - The Transformers. If you're not allowed to care about them then the movie's going to fail.
When the main human characters are featured, they're the pathetically insipid examples of the Southern California ideal, both in personality and behavior. Their "ideals" of love, what's cool, and other representations of various lifestyle facets are all totally shallow, worldly, and inaccurate. The vapid and feculent mindset makes the movies even more hollow and meaningless.
Fix them and you can stop worrying about things like Devastator's ghoulies, dominance-humping chihuahuas, and the military guys simply being set decoration.

I guess when you put it that way it does make sense with the character's ages. I do agree with you on the developement of the TFs, in the cartoon they had emotions even if they were robots, and they had a very humanistic trait to them.

Oggy
07-07-2011, 08:11 AM
We now join Caroline Wyatt at British military headquarters - who is not allowed to disclose her precise location or operational details. Caroline, where are you, and what plans have they got for today?- Natasha Kaplinsky on BBC Breakfast.

THE_JOKER
07-07-2011, 08:12 AM
Fail.

Ragnarok
07-07-2011, 08:52 AM
I guess when you put it that way it does make sense with the character's ages. I do agree with you on the developement of the TFs, in the cartoon they had emotions even if they were robots, and they had a very humanistic trait to them.

Yup. Even though the show was targeted at kids, as a kid you were able to empathize and identify with the TFs. The frustrating problem with the movies has been the TFs are not the main characters and they're removed enough from the storyline that we only get glimpses of what they're all about. Prime and 'Bee are given the most time, but even then it's still very cack-handed character development. There's so much effort that went into designing, animating and bringing them to life on the screen you'd think they'd be more "careful" with them.

This is kind of an "out there" idea, but if I had written this I would have made the TF movies a War of the Worlds-meets-Paradise Lost affair. Take the idea of the war in Heaven (the civil war on Cybertron) and use the alien robots as analogs of angels. Prime would be closest in similarity to Michael, and Megatron would obviously be Lucifer. Then there'd be the War of the Worlds angle where you're dealing with an invasion of a far superior and very destructive alien race. The War of the Worlds aspect is already kind of how the movies are, but the sense of "the twilight of humanity" has never been there (I'm hoping for that in TF3). The Decepticons' angle was very much like the Martians in Wells' book - they were there to colonize and exploit the Earth. Something that would have fit my pitch is the scene in TF1 where the Autobots are arriving on Earth. The music really helped to give the idea that these weren't just another faction of robots - they were Heavenly guardians sent to protect humanity. Of course it didn't develop much past that. :lol: Instead we got to know that Ratchet has some kind of pheromone detector and Jazz is a hip-hop stereotype. :huh:

I know what I just wrote sounds a little strange, but I think it could have worked and if it had been deftly handled in both story and casting the TF series could have had a similar impact that Lord of the Rings had.

The Stray Cat
07-07-2011, 09:42 AM
Yup. Even though the show was targeted at kids, as a kid you were able to empathize and identify with the TFs. The frustrating problem with the movies has been the TFs are not the main characters and they're removed enough from the storyline that we only get glimpses of what they're all about. Prime and 'Bee are given the most time, but even then it's still very cack-handed character development. There's so much effort that went into designing, animating and bringing them to life on the screen you'd think they'd be more "careful" with them.

This is kind of an "out there" idea, but if I had written this I would have made the TF movies a War of the Worlds-meets-Paradise Lost affair. Take the idea of the war in Heaven (the civil war on Cybertron) and use the alien robots as analogs of angels. Prime would be closest in similarity to Michael, and Megatron would obviously be Lucifer. Then there'd be the War of the Worlds angle where you're dealing with an invasion of a far superior and very destructive alien race. The War of the Worlds aspect is already kind of how the movies are, but the sense of "the twilight of humanity" has never been there (I'm hoping for that in TF3). The Decepticons' angle was very much like the Martians in Wells' book - they were there to colonize and exploit the Earth. Something that would have fit my pitch is the scene in TF1 where the Autobots are arriving on Earth. The music really helped to give the idea that these weren't just another faction of robots - they were Heavenly guardians sent to protect humanity. Of course it didn't develop much past that. :lol: Instead we got to know that Ratchet has some kind of pheromone detector and Jazz is a hip-hop stereotype. :huh:

I know what I just wrote sounds a little strange, but I think it could have worked and if it had been deftly handled in both story and casting the TF series could have had a similar impact that Lord of the Rings had.

Rag, I really like that direction for the movies. It would've made far better films than dog humping, smack talking wannabe robots. Had they used the decepticons as an Aline hell bent on global domination in order to find the energy source like the cartoons, and had the autobots there to protect humans not just there for....well.... I'm not sure why any of the robots are there in these movies.

Ragnarok
07-07-2011, 09:46 AM
I know! Who'd want to save the humans in the TF movies? :rolling:

Ratchet: "It would appear that those two male dogs are vainly attempting to reproduce, and Sam's mother asking if he's having his 'happy time.'"
Bumblebee plays the Divinyls' "I Touch Myself" on his radio.
Ironhide: "Optimus, tell us again why we're helping these humans?"
Optimus: "I'm not sure I know anymore. I think I'll step on that bird fountain again and you get those cannons charged up."

FunkyHunk
07-07-2011, 09:54 AM
Speaking of TF3, me and the fiancèe is going to see that tomorrow in 3d :)

Ragnarok
07-07-2011, 09:56 AM
Much cool. Like I said in an earlier post I'm postponing my trip to the theater by a week because of work. If I don't go next week, I'll probably just wait for the video release.

The Stray Cat
07-07-2011, 10:14 AM
I know! Who'd want to save the humans in the TF movies? :rolling:

Ratchet: "It would appear that those two male dogs are vainly attempting to reproduce, and Sam's mother asking if he's having his 'happy time.'"
Bumblebee plays the Divinyls' "I Touch Myself" on his radio.
Ironhide: "Optimus, tell us again why we're helping these humans?"
Optimus: "I'm not sure I know anymore. I think I'll step on that bird fountain again and you get those cannons charged up."

If I was Bumble Bee after the I'm ditching you for this dumb chick and college, stay here in this tiny garage, I wouldn't taking that boy out long time ago.

Ian
07-07-2011, 11:38 AM
If I don't go next week, I'll probably just wait for the video release.

They still make 'videos' ? :huh:

^^ Younger members may have to google VHS to see what us old people used before discs.

NOT impressed!!!!! This morning i found a gray hair :(

THE_JOKER
07-07-2011, 11:41 AM
Betamax baby.

Oggy
07-07-2011, 11:45 AM
Betamax baby.

i never understod why vhs won over betamax

THE_JOKER
07-07-2011, 11:51 AM
i never understod why vhs won over betamax

http://www.mediacollege.com/video/format/compare/betamax-vhs.html

Ragnarok
07-07-2011, 11:56 AM
If I was Bumble Bee after the I'm ditching you for this dumb chick and college, stay here in this tiny garage, I wouldn't taking that boy out long time ago.
Absolutely!

They still make 'videos' ? :huh:

When I say "video," I'm referring to home video, which these days is DVD or BluRay. I'd get the son of a dang on BR, of course. :nice:

I was able to fire up the two PCs I inherited a little while ago and here's what I found:

System 1:
Memory - 3GB
CPU - AMD Athlon 64 3200+ 2200MHz
HDs - Western Digital WD1200JB 120GB
OS - Windows Server 2003 (password locked)

System 2:
Memory - 1GB
CPU - AMD Athlon 1100MHz (unknown model)
HDs - Western Digital WD800JB 80GB
OS - Windows Server 2003 (password locked)

I don't know what kind of GPUs reside in either one, but I'm sure they're pretty anemic. The lower-spec'ed unit is louder than my computer, while the newer one is very quiet. That one will be the unit my dad gets. I'm grateful the memory is fully loaded on that one because RAM of that kind is pretty expensive - $50 to $70/GB.

Allegedly the Athlon 64-equipped machine has a pair of SATA ports and USB2.0, but I didn't locate any of them in my brief look at the internals. Just the usual bevy of wideassed EIDE/ATAPI ribbon cable ports. I'm about to go back and reopen the thing and see if I can locate them.

Anyway, what I'm doing now is downloading Linux Mint 11 - a painful 864MB download - that I'll put on a USB thumbdrive and run on this machine until I acquire Windows XP in the next week or so.

I have a little shopping list for the stuff I want/need to get this where my dad will get the most out of it.

Windows XP (duh)
DVD±RW drive. If I can indeed find the rumored SATA ports on this, I'll get a SATA version.
Some kind of AGP graphics card. I'm liking this one: http://www.newegg.com/Product/Product.aspx?Item=N82E16814125281 It'll allow him to use the DVI port on his recently acquired LCD. It'll just be a much better experience.

I'm actually kind of excited about this. This isn't as nice a machine as I would have built him myself, but this cost us a whole lot less (so far it's free) and what I have to put into it will still be minimal. Eventually I'd like to replace the case. It's a silver Cooler Master Cavalier with a side window. (Attachments are down, so I won't post a picture.) And it's not in the greatest shape. Lots of scratches in the upper left of the window, the chrome has been rubbed off on the trim up front, and it has a lot of scratches and tape residue on the top of the case. The case itself is actually quite attractive. I remember the black one well and it was even nicer. The window can be replaced with new Plexi or polycarb, and I might be able to touch up the scratches here and there.

Ragnarok
07-07-2011, 01:05 PM
Found the SATA ports. :nice: They're pointing straight up from the motherboard. I'm used to seeing them parallel with the motherboard.

Also looked at the side panel. Replacing the clear window is rock-stupid easy. It's just screwed on from behind. Speaking of which, who(m) ever worked on this thing before I got it fracked up one of the guide tabs on the other panel so it doesn't go into the slot and the panel bulges out at the bottom. It was an easy fix, but how does someone do something like that and ignore it?

Thirdly, the wiring is a nightmare, and there isn't much space to put it all. If this was a case without a side window it wouldn't be too horrible, but if you can see inside it's a mess. I hope I can get creative to hide what I can and neatly bundle the rest.

Another thing is the dust. Yarr! :nono: Found a dust bunny under the crap-hix card that was the size of a Twinkie. :eek:

Something I forgot to add to that list of stuff I want is a wireless networking card. There's a decent one from Rosewill for regular old-timey PCI.

I just downloaded the user manual (had to really look to find it - Asus no longer provides it) and it states that all of the USB ports on it are 2.0. The 4 ports on the back are 2.0 and both headers are 2.0.
As I prod around it looks like this will be a very easy case to work with, lame wire management provisions not withstanding.

Ragnarok
07-07-2011, 01:37 PM
Okay, one more post on this PC crap and then I'll shut up about it for a while. I promise. :angel:

I extracted the video card out of the machine I'm focusing on. I've been able to identify it as an MSI MX4000-T64. It's "loaded" with 64MB of memory :lol:, an Nvidia GeForce MX4000 :rolling:, S-Video out, VGA out, and sold for about $30 before it got killed off. That MX4000 GPU is only a couple of steps beyond my old eMac's video (RIP).

The one I'm replacing it with is a Gigabyte GV-R465D2-1GI, with an AMD Radeon HD 4650 (not high-end, but more than enough for this), 1GB of memory, and has HDMI, VGA and DVI outputs. And FrooEgg has it for only $80.

sk8te-penguin
07-07-2011, 03:01 PM
Just finished my 2 year IT course!! Got a distinction :D

Oggy
07-07-2011, 03:02 PM
well done sk8te :banana:

The Stray Cat
07-07-2011, 03:14 PM
Just finished my 2 year IT course!! Got a distinction :D

What's the distinction do for you? We don't have distinctions here.

sk8te-penguin
07-07-2011, 03:29 PM
Distinction is like top marks.

FunkyHunk
07-07-2011, 03:40 PM
Congrats mate, was it hard?
The course I mean :nice:

sk8te-penguin
07-07-2011, 03:42 PM
Yeah some of it was, some was a breeze though, like programming :D

FunkyHunk
07-07-2011, 03:54 PM
Just remember this: Programmers don't die, they just GOSUB without RETURN.

Spoon37
07-07-2011, 04:36 PM
10 HOME
20 SWEET
30 GO TO 10

congrats sk8te :chug:

:banana:

THE_JOKER
07-07-2011, 05:23 PM
Congrats Skate :nice: but can you program the microwave?

Rag.....64MB?.....thats just sucktastic :lol:

Ragnarok
07-07-2011, 06:05 PM
10 HOME
20 SWEET
30 GO TO 10

congrats sk8te :chug:

BASIC? What da hell? :lol:

Congrats Skate :nice:
+1 :nice:

Rag.....64MB?.....thats just sucktastic :lol:

Yeah, I know. People used to get along on even less.

Ragnarok
07-07-2011, 09:19 PM
Oh my holy fudge! I…I think I'm in love. :wub:

http://dl.maximumpc.com/galleries/towersofpower/raven1.jpg http://dl.maximumpc.com/galleries/towersofpower/raven2.jpg

I think that the ugly-as-sin "Alien Housing Project" Thermaltake Level 10GT is still better engineered, better built and more practical. :huh:

EDIT: Here's a review from Hardware Canucks.
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Tnw6Sq0IrvY

Waterboy
07-08-2011, 12:13 AM
Ok guys, I REALLY need your help on this, I'm getting super stressed right now.

So I need to get an idea of where I want to go in my life. I need to pick a career I want to get into. I've been researching the top careers that will be in demand for so long now, and haven't settled on anything. I have a few I'm looking into though.

First is engineering. Marine, Industrial,*Civil,*Petroleum, and Nuclear will be big. My only problem is, I am not in that high of math, so will this affect me getting a job? Or can I just make up my math in college? Do you have any engineering fields that you think would be better for the future?

Also business. I don't even know where to start on it, so you guys that are in business can you help me out? What positions are good to be in, how to get them, what to study etc.

I guess at the end of the day I just want to do something that I like and will support a family. Sure Id love to be a marine biologist but that money can't raise a family. I'm in kinda average math but I love it, I love science, am pretty good at computers and I'm in honors english. So what kinda job can I get with those skills?

So PLEASE guys, what are some job positions that you think will be big in the future? What do you guys do? What do you wish you did? How do I get a good job?

I've just been so stressed out lately because I need to figure what I'll do. There's so much compitition for jobs, and the sooner I know what I wan to be the sooner I can start working towards it with internships and whatnot.

So if you have any suggestions, please just spill all of them out! I need as much help as I can get.

Lee
07-08-2011, 03:40 AM
I'm in exactly the same situation mate, for about 6-7 months i was set on joining the army to do engineering but about 2 weeks ago i decided against it- it feels alot better because im not comitting 10 years of my life away (yet) but its brought about a whole lot of other questions, exactly what your asking.
Unfortunatly, maths is one of the biggest things engineering requires, but with practise it begins to come easier, once your familiar with the basics. I used to SUCK at it, but now (i think) im quite good and managed to get decent marks in the exam. practise the basics like algebgra, and then the harder stuff will come alot easier.
Looking at what you like in school id say we're looking at the same boat, (english maths and science), what ive decided to do is carry on in 6th form college (ages 16-18, the place you go before university in England) studying Maths, Physics, Chemistry and English Literature, knowing that those subjects will push me towards an engineering career, althougth im not sure this is the best option, its helping keep me going.
In terms of what will be big, what your looking at is correct- I'm not going down that route, im possibly looking at the aviation industry, but energy is also obvisouly very important for the future. If you can, pick some careers off your list and contact companies working in that area, and try to get some work experience with them. its unpaid, your not expected to know much, but its a very good oportunity to ask questions and see what the job is all about.

Ragnarok
07-08-2011, 08:29 AM
WB, this is a question only you can answer. Having people tell you what to do isn't a good idea. I think what you've done - laying out all of the fields that interest you - is a good start. All I can offer are other things to consider as you make your decision.

Firstly, a career must interest you and cannot be simply a means to an end, even if that end is supporting a family. Being stuck in a career that you grow to despise just to support your family, or even temporal, materialistic things like a giant house, three cars, a bevy of jet skis and cabin on the lake, can be one of the most emotionally crippling things you can do. You have to enjoy your work. Of course there will be times you won't, but the in the "big picture" you'll need to find satisfaction in it in ways that no other enterprise can.

I think you're getting too worried too soon about this. You may be knee deep in a nuclear physics degree and decide you want to be a painter. It's one of those weird things that happens in college. I suggest you have a pool of career choices - make a Venn diagram if you have to - and then take some classes your freshman year that would fit a good number of them, and then keep narrowing it down as the semesters tick away.

As far as declaring a major (don't worry if you decide to change it mid-stream - it's a very common thing), you should see an admissions counsellor and you two then discuss what path is most appropriate.

pardonmyn00b
07-08-2011, 08:50 AM
You're 15, slow down a bit. You have all of high school to worry about career choices. You're interests could change by the end of the first semester at college. I was majoring in business, but I didn't really like it so I switched to IT. For now, be a kid. The real world sucks:p

The Stray Cat
07-08-2011, 08:52 AM
WB I did decide what I wanted to be when I grew up until I was 30, so now I'm going to college full time and working full time, that's why I told you last week to do it while you're young, but don't get stressed about a career yet, you will change your mind 200 more times before you graduate high school!

As far as careers go, business is always good and stable, especially marketing and advertising, engineering, especially, any kind of "green" engineering is going to be big. In the end it's like Rag said though, you have to decide.

pardonmyn00b
07-08-2011, 08:53 AM
Now that I think about this it's kind of like asking what color you should paint your truck. Waterboy, I suggest you get a career in blue.

Ian
07-08-2011, 09:00 AM
Just got back from my parents house and I'm not happy! My old boy bought a package from a German Internet company, granted he had to buy the dish and what not, but jeez his Internet is fast now. It cost him 190 odd British pounds for the dish etc, then 30 for postage but they wavered that since he knew a lot of people that would buy, so there now sending him another 20 dishes on a pallet for the people that want it, then it's 25 a month.

I couldn't believe the speed he was getting though, his upload speeds twice as fast as my download :eek:

The dish is a fare ol size too and works off the satellites, so in theory it should be ok for you Rag? i know you have trouble with slow interwebs.

You have to fit it yourself though, but get a disc with instructions.

Anyone interested i'll get a link to it all.

I'm going for it, it's faster than my old BT broadband and my current broadband put together.

Ian
07-08-2011, 09:05 AM
Oh my holy fudge! I…I think I'm in love. :wub:

http://dl.maximumpc.com/galleries/towersofpower/raven1.jpg http://dl.maximumpc.com/galleries/towersofpower/raven2.jpg

I think that the ugly-as-sin "Alien Housing Project" Thermaltake Level 10GT is still better engineered, better built and more practical. :huh:

EDIT: Here's a review from Hardware Canucks.
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Tnw6Sq0IrvY

That's a sexy case Rag! Reminded me of a robot at first. I bet you could make one from styrene and sticky tape :D

THE_JOKER
07-08-2011, 09:10 AM
I thought of that "Only fools an horses" episode with their hooky satellite dish then Ian, where the plane turns an starts coming towards their flat :lol:

Ian
07-08-2011, 09:15 AM
I thought of that "Only fools an horses" episode with their hooky satellite dish then Ian, where the plane turns an starts coming towards their flat :lol:

When i first saw the dish i commented on the wind over here! He lives opposite the sea, if the wind catches the dish his house is going bye bye.

Spoon37
07-08-2011, 09:16 AM
That is a sweet case Rag.. :drool:

WB - gotta work this stuff out for yourself, Simplest advice I can give is go with your strengths, i.e. what are you good at? and will it hold your interest for a whole college course or degree? from what I've seen most folk drop out of a course thats not right for them because of one of these factors.

Math is critical to engineering, but in all honesty most of the math is not what we would call higher mathematics and tends to be along the lines of simple adding/subtraction/multiplication/division and maybe a bit of basic trigonometry - most of which you should be ok with in high school and most colleges/universities run additional math classes for those who need it. I had to sit "Maths for Computing" in my degree course second year for example(I knew half of the module before it began as its was mostly statistics: like finding mean deviation using excel which we had done at high school anyway lol).

THE_JOKER
07-08-2011, 09:16 AM
An i guarantee the highlight movie on the TV at the time will be "Gone with the wind"

Ragnarok
07-08-2011, 09:17 AM
The dish is a fare ol size too and works off the satellites, so in theory it should be ok for you Rag? i know you have trouble with slow interwebs.

You have to fit it yourself though, but get a disc with instructions.

Anyone interested i'll get a link to it all.

I'm going for it, it's faster than my old BT broadband and my current broadband put together.
Satellite dishes up here in AK suck. :( Too many trees and too close to the north pole (that last one is what the goons at XM Satellite Radio keep telling us). It'd be a killer idea if it would work, though. Go ahead and toss up the link. I'd still like to look at it. :nice:

That's a sexy case Rag! Reminded me of a robot at first. I bet you could make one from styrene and sticky tape :D

It's so black and stealth fighter-y. :drool: That's why we wants it…yeeeeEEEEssssss. Mustn't let tricksy little hobbitses touch the Precious.

:lol:

I'm really thinking I'm going to change my mind on the case swap and go with this one instead of the Level 10GT.

Most of the complaints I've seen are due to the copious amounts of plastic. A lot of guys also complain about that slide-down drive bay cover, which is, of course, because they're trying to "offroad" with it. Durr-hurr. :lol: The real problem lies in the friction of the track the door rides in. A little bit of paraffin or Bostick Top-Kote will solve that.

This is the first of three different Raven cases, and it's my favorite. The other two are much cheaper and, even though there are some design improvements, the plastic used on them is much lower-grade stuff.

When i first saw the dish i commented on the wind over here! He lives opposite the sea, if the wind catches the dish his house is going bye bye.
Gives "surfing the web" an entirely different meaning, dudn't it? :blink:

Ragnarok
07-08-2011, 10:31 AM
Computer parts for my dad's PC ordered. :blink:

Ian
07-08-2011, 10:37 AM
You could always ask them for a deal? Buy a dish get a chain saw half price?

Here's the site:
http://www.tooway.com/

Phone numbers: 0844 8740606 ask for Tom.

Ere guys, if anyone else goes for it, can i ask a favour? If you do decide to get it can you say Jim Taylor of Uist put you onto them. I think my old boy has a deal set up with them.

pardonmyn00b
07-08-2011, 10:37 AM
Wraith parts ordered:blink:

The Stray Cat
07-08-2011, 11:42 AM
I just bought a Sony Cybershot camera, talk about awesome! I took a picture in my pitch black bedroom and the pic came out like I was sitting outside in the sun. It has a anti blink feature where it will take 2 shots and discard one if the person in it blinks, face detection so it won't take a picture if the person looks away, and it has a panaramic mode where I can hold down the button and turn 170 degrees and it will take multiple shots then combine them into one panaromic photo! Wasn't to expensive either, I am pretty happy with it so far. I mainly got it because the dig Cam I had didn't have image stabilization and didn't work well in the dark. Outside or in bright light it took some good pics, but nothing like this one!

2k2cse
07-08-2011, 12:16 PM
You're 15, slow down a bit. You have all of high school to worry about career choices. You're interests could change by the end of the first semester at college. I was majoring in business, but I didn't really like it so I switched to IT. For now, be a kid. The real world sucks:p

This is the best advice ever. You need to take your time on considering such a bid decision. At least wait til you get into more high school courses, so you can get a feel of what the college level courses would be like. When I was your age, I wanted to do mechanical engineering. When I went to college, I done a year and a half of "pre engineering" courses because I didn't have all the courses i needed out of high school. After struggling with that, I took a semester of business courses because at the time, I liked that more. Now, i'm accepted to a different college in september doing Mechanical Engineering Technology. It took me a while to decide what I wanted to do, but I know what I want, and i'm sure of it.. i think. :lol: Give it some time, and you'll find out yourself what you really want to do.

THE_JOKER
07-08-2011, 12:27 PM
I just bought a Sony Cybershot camera, talk about awesome! I took a picture in my pitch black bedroom and the pic came out like I was sitting outside in the sun. It has a anti blink feature where it will take 2 shots and discard one if the person in it blinks, face detection so it won't take a picture if the person looks away, and it has a panaramic mode where I can hold down the button and turn 170 degrees and it will take multiple shots then combine them into one panaromic photo! Wasn't to expensive either, I am pretty happy with it so far. I mainly got it because the dig Cam I had didn't have image stabilization and didn't work well in the dark. Outside or in bright light it took some good pics, but nothing like this one!

Price tag?

The Stray Cat
07-08-2011, 12:59 PM
Price tag?

$230.00 worth every penny and then some! I paid the same for my old one and It never worked as wel as this.

Waterboy
07-08-2011, 01:06 PM
I'm in exactly the same situation mate, for about 6-7 months i was set on joining the army to do engineering but about 2 weeks ago i decided against it- it feels alot better because im not comitting 10 years of my life away (yet) but its brought about a whole lot of other questions, exactly what your asking.
Unfortunatly, maths is one of the biggest things engineering requires, but with practise it begins to come easier, once your familiar with the basics. I used to SUCK at it, but now (i think) im quite good and managed to get decent marks in the exam. practise the basics like algebgra, and then the harder stuff will come alot easier.
Looking at what you like in school id say we're looking at the same boat, (english maths and science), what ive decided to do is carry on in 6th form college (ages 16-18, the place you go before university in England) studying Maths, Physics, Chemistry and English Literature, knowing that those subjects will push me towards an engineering career, althougth im not sure this is the best option, its helping keep me going.
In terms of what will be big, what your looking at is correct- I'm not going down that route, im possibly looking at the aviation industry, but energy is also obvisouly very important for the future. If you can, pick some careers off your list and contact companies working in that area, and try to get some work experience with them. its unpaid, your not expected to know much, but its a very good oportunity to ask questions and see what the job is all about.

I mean it's not like I suck at it. I'm gonna be in geometry next year and ive never gotten a B in math. So lee, do you think that if in highschool I don't do trigonometry that I can do it it high school? That's a really good idea. I have a nuclear power plant down the way, I don't think they would let me intern there though.

WB, this is a question only you can answer. Having people tell you what to do isn't a good idea. I think what you've done - laying out all of the fields that interest you - is a good start. All I can offer are other things to consider as you make your decision.

Firstly, a career must interest you and cannot be simply a means to an end, even if that end is supporting a family. Being stuck in a career that you grow to despise just to support your family, or even temporal, materialistic things like a giant house, three cars, a bevy of jet skis and cabin on the lake, can be one of the most emotionally crippling things you can do. You have to enjoy your work. Of course there will be times you won't, but the in the "big picture" you'll need to find satisfaction in it in ways that no other enterprise can.

I think you're getting too worried too soon about this. You may be knee deep in a nuclear physics degree and decide you want to be a painter. It's one of those weird things that happens in college. I suggest you have a pool of career choices - make a Venn diagram if you have to - and then take some classes your freshman year that would fit a good number of them, and then keep narrowing it down as the semesters tick away.

As far as declaring a major (don't worry if you decide to change it mid-stream - it's a very common thing), you should see an admissions counsellor and you two then discuss what path is most appropriate.

A venn diagram is a great idea. I don't know, I'm being really pushed at home to find out what I wanna be. So the sooner I figure out the better?

Ok I'll take your advice pmn. Why didn't you like business?
WB I did decide what I wanted to be when I grew up until I was 30, so now I'm going to college full time and working full time, that's why I told you last week to do it while you're young, but don't get stressed about a career yet, you will change your mind 200 more times before you graduate high school!

As far as careers go, business is always good and stable, especially marketing and advertising, engineering, especially, any kind of "green" engineering is going to be big. In the end it's like Rag said though, you have to decide.

Yes, I'm just trying to see the pros and cons of both, I think that would help enormously.

Now that I think about this it's kind of like asking what color you should paint your truck. Waterboy, I suggest you get a career in blue.

Be a part of the blue man group?

The Stray Cat
07-08-2011, 01:32 PM
Next time your parents say "What do you wanna do with your life?" tell them

I wanna ROCK!:metal::headbang:

The Stray Cat
07-08-2011, 01:33 PM
I just now realize that WB is way to young to understand that reference but oh well...

oldskoolmini
07-08-2011, 02:26 PM
hey fellas!!!

i got my first tattoo! didnt hurt as bad as i thought. price was good too. only $100. it turned out absolutely beautiful. i couldnt be happier. ive got the fender emblem off the truck i wrecked. so i had it tattooed on my left forearm.

http://i243.photobucket.com/albums/ff80/oldskoolmini/truckemblem.jpg

http://i243.photobucket.com/albums/ff80/oldskoolmini/tattoo.png

Lee
07-08-2011, 02:37 PM
I mean it's not like I suck at it. I'm gonna be in geometry next year and ive never gotten a B in math. So lee, do you think that if in highschool I don't do trigonometry that I can do it it high school? That's a really good idea. I have a nuclear power plant down the way, I don't think they would let me intern there though.

if you mean do geometry in high school then want to do trigonometry at college? I wouldn't be the one to ask sorry, they may want specific qualifications but geometry and trigonometry aren't too different (the bits ive done). I agree with everyone else though, it is abit early to be thinking about things in such depth but its good to show an interest, as long as you dont get too stressed over it.

Oggy
07-08-2011, 03:32 PM
old school cool, but my god, check out the prices at the end

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=mh0g73JvFbo&feature=related

tempra007
07-08-2011, 04:50 PM

one of my favourite bands
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=WT1LXhgXPWs

this takes me back to the time when men were men and wore spandex:rofl:

Ian
07-08-2011, 06:59 PM
The only twisted sister I've ever really listened to was on that old classic film 'Flight of the navigator'

Hey flippo, to many Twinkies!

The Stray Cat
07-08-2011, 09:14 PM

this takes me back to the time when men were men and aore spandex:rofl:

I loved Twisted Sister when I was a kid! I used to watch MTV constantly waiting for their videos to come on. Thanks for the trip down memory lane!

Ragnarok
07-08-2011, 09:35 PM
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=hUsafOL0kew

I'm signing off for a while, guys. Probably about a week. I feel like I need to soak my head or something.

Waterboy
07-08-2011, 10:09 PM

I just now realize that WB is way to young to understand that reference but oh well...

ACDC. Right?
if you mean do geometry in high school then want to do trigonometry at college? I wouldn't be the one to ask sorry, they may want specific qualifications but geometry and trigonometry aren't too different (the bits ive done). I agree with everyone else though, it is abit early to be thinking about things in such depth but its good to show an interest, as long as you dont get too stressed over it.
OK i see. Its just at my school, it goes geometry, alg. 2, pre calc, calc, then trig. So ill get to pre calc but not calc or trig.
hey fellas!!!

i got my first tattoo! didnt hurt as bad as i thought. price was good too. only $100. it turned out absolutely beautiful. i couldnt be happier. ive got the fender emblem off the truck i wrecked. so i had it tattooed on my left forearm.

http://i243.photobucket.com/albums/ff80/oldskoolmini/truckemblem.jpg

http://i243.photobucket.com/albums/ff80/oldskoolmini/tattoo.png

Thats sweet! and great price too.

Spoon37
07-09-2011, 09:40 AM

this takes me back to the time when men were men and aore spandex:rofl:

:headbang: :metal:

FunkyHunk
07-10-2011, 07:05 AM
So... I went to see TF3 3D yesterday. Meh.

THE_JOKER
07-10-2011, 07:40 AM
"Meh" isnt good!

Oggy
07-10-2011, 08:06 AM
So... I went to see TF3 3D yesterday. Meh.

we need more information than that mate:huh:

FunkyHunk
07-10-2011, 08:53 AM
Don't get me wrong. The movie was okay, but duckface ruined alot of what would have been good scenes with an actor that could act.
Tons of action, good 3d-effects, and some cool cars.
But I guess it's going to be a while before I see any transformers movie again.
I give a weak 3 out of six.

THE_JOKER
07-11-2011, 08:58 AM
Battle Los Angeles......anyone seen that?

The Stray Cat
07-11-2011, 09:04 AM
Battle Los Angeles......anyone seen that?

Yep, Pretty decent flick! THe Aliens are pretty kick *** looking. It has its moments of WTF?, but in all it is definitely worth a brain relaxin adventure ride!

imthatguy
07-11-2011, 10:14 AM
I'd like to thank whomever decided that one year and 300 posts deems entry to BST. I think on day one I spent $500. Sigh. I thought this hobby was expensive before!

The Stray Cat
07-11-2011, 10:21 AM
I'd like to thank whomever decided that one year and 300 posts deems entry to BST. I think on day one I spent $500. Sigh. I thought this hobby was expensive before!

I hear that brother, I am constantly hearing it from my wife about how much I get shipped to me in the mail. Luckily I know enough people to do trades and such, or I find some unpassable deals on RCC.

THE_JOKER
07-11-2011, 10:34 AM
Yep, Pretty decent flick! THe Aliens are pretty kick *** looking. It has its moments of WTF?, but in all it is definitely worth a brain relaxin adventure ride!

Cool! will get it next week then :chug:

imthatguy
07-11-2011, 11:23 AM
I hear that brother, I am constantly hearing it from my wife about how much I get shipped to me in the mail. Luckily I know enough people to do trades and such, or I find some unpassable deals on RCC.

I get everything sent to the office. That way I can bring things home in batches. ;) I'll need to start getting to selling some extra junk I've got laying about.

The Stray Cat
07-11-2011, 11:30 AM
I get everything sent to the office. That way I can bring things home in batches. ;) I'll need to start getting to selling some extra junk I've got laying about.

Good Idea, I do that with the stuff I buy at the store. I keep it in my desk for a few weeks then take a bagful home at one time.

FunkyHunk
07-11-2011, 05:13 PM
Wasn't Ragnar supposed to see TF3 this saturday?
Strange that he hasn't been here with his thoughts on the flick.

oldskoolmini
07-11-2011, 08:38 PM
well guys in about 7 hours i will be having my surgery. i cant remember the last time i was so nervous about a surgery. hell ive had 96 of them.:lolbeat:
so i will be absent for the next couple days. and when i return, i shall tell stories of the pranks i pull on the nurses.:D

2k2cse
07-11-2011, 09:14 PM
Wasn't Ragnar supposed to see TF3 this saturday?
Strange that he hasn't been here with his thoughts on the flick.

Nope, next saturday.

well guys in about 7 hours i will be having my surgery. i cant remember the last time i was so nervous about a surgery. hell ive had 96 of them.:lolbeat:
so i will be absent for the next couple days. and when i return, i shall tell stories of the pranks i pull on the nurses.:D

Good luck bud :nice:

Make sure you pull lots of good pranks. And if you get any hot nurses...
:worthless: :Happybounce:

Spoon37
07-12-2011, 05:46 AM
Just hope you dont get a nurse or orderly with a sense of humour, my Dad woke from an operation to be greeted with "Are you awake Missus Smith?" (smith aint my family name but just for the example...).

THE_JOKER
07-13-2011, 05:27 AM
APB on Rag.....he's MIA.

BADMUTHATrUCKER
07-13-2011, 05:36 AM
I'll have to stand in I guess.

THE_JOKER
07-13-2011, 05:50 AM
Looks like that woman from the film "Scary Movie" one with a loooong tongue an paper bag on her head.

The Stray Cat
07-13-2011, 07:01 AM
Looks like that woman from the film "Scary Movie" one with a loooong tongue an paper bag on her head.

Rag said a few days ago he was going MIA for about a week, to get his head cleared and some work done!

So I went and saw The Zookeeper last night, pretty dang funny movie!

THE_JOKER
07-13-2011, 08:05 AM
Ah i see!.....i missed the memo :lol:

FunkyHunk
07-13-2011, 08:11 AM
Meanwhile in Norway:

http://i89.photobucket.com/albums/k205/funkyhunk/Funny/meanwhileinnorway.jpg

THE_JOKER
07-13-2011, 08:44 AM
The Evil spreads!

EDIT:

Coming to Blu-ray:

Gulliver's Travel's-Sub Zero Edition

The Stray Cat
07-13-2011, 02:14 PM
Gulliver's with Jack Black was a decent flick. Definitely worth watching, it would be a good to own one if you can wait for it to go on sale.

Oggy
07-13-2011, 02:37 PM
one of our rabbits just attacked me, i now have a huge gash on the back of my hand

never trust a hormonal rabbit

The Stray Cat
07-13-2011, 02:39 PM
I didn't know you were raising gangstabbits!:p:facepalm:

Oggy
07-13-2011, 03:05 PM
I didn't know you were raising gangstabbits!:p:facepalm:

lulz :lolbeat:

The Stray Cat
07-13-2011, 03:14 PM
http://i995.photobucket.com/albums/af72/vilality/Camelot/CrAzY%20GuYs/crazy-fat-men.jpg

Oggy
07-13-2011, 03:26 PM
is that chumlee and big hoss from pawn stars having a party?

oldskoolmini
07-13-2011, 03:59 PM
hey fellas! im still alive! the doc worked on my left kidney and removed most of the stones. there is still one stone the size of a pinky nail. he will get it out in the morning. so looks like i'll be staying for a couple more days. i dont mind. the pain meds are quite nice. especially the dilaudid. that stuff is AMAZING! and no hot nurses yet. but i will keep my eyes open. well the nurse is here with my meds. so i'll be getting off here cuz i can't type or talk for **** on the pain meds. alll i do is make odd bnoises and and go crossed ete=== eyed. see told you i ant cant type. welln goodnight fellas!

FunkyHunk
07-13-2011, 06:15 PM
It's good to hear that you're on the rebound. keep up the recuperating :nice:

Spoon37
07-14-2011, 07:21 AM
Good news OSM :chug:

hoping you make a speedy recovery :nice:

I've just had a weird morning - a Barclays bank letter arrived addressed to my mum...who has been dead for just over 5 years and hasnt lived at this address for more than 9 years... So I've just had to go into to town to sort it out, to find theres no account, no money, nothing owing just a "file" with the bank with her name and address registered in 1995 :confused:

Totally worth rushing into town*, getting stuck in a queue for the car park due to broken gate entry/token machinery, getting roasted alive in my car, getting hotter walking across town and being made to wait another 15 mins in the bank(which wasnt so bad as they had air con :woohoo:)...blergh

*letter had no phone number for the bank, no account number, no sort code or anything, so its a bit tricky to phone up instead :facepalm:

On the plus side I picked up the latest issue of Model Engineers Workshop magazine ^_^ and I haz a cuppa :tea:

Oggy
07-14-2011, 07:32 AM
i just ordered me a couple of static model kits

a landy series 3 and a supermarine spitfire mk1a :Happybounce: :Happybounce: :Happybounce: :Happybounce::Happybounce:

Spoon37
07-14-2011, 07:33 AM
Kitbashing a flying landrover eh? :lolbeat:

Oggy
07-14-2011, 07:35 AM
Kitbashing a flying landrover eh? :lolbeat:

no, a pusher prop driven landy :lolbeat: :lolbeat: :lolbeat: :lolbeat:

Spoon37
07-14-2011, 07:39 AM
cool :lol:

The Stray Cat
07-14-2011, 07:55 AM
no, a pusher prop driven landy :lolbeat: :lolbeat: :lolbeat: :lolbeat:

I have got too see that when it's done!:lolbeat:

Oggy
07-14-2011, 08:25 AM
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=go65Bi9KLvY

The Stray Cat
07-14-2011, 09:35 AM
This one is for The Joker!

Jonny and jenny are 12 and 11 respectively.
They decided they are in love and want to get married.
Jenny tells jonny, if you want to get married you have to ask my daddy first.
So.. Jonny walks up to Mr. Jones and tells him, "Jenny and I are in love, and we're going to get married."
Mr. JOnes thins this is cute so he plays along, "Where are you going to live after you're married?"
Jonny says "I figured Jenny's bedroom is bigger than mine, so we'll there."
Mr. JOnes thinking this is still cute asks, "How will you support yourselves?"
Jonny says"My allowance is $10 a week and Jenny's is $5 a week so that will give us $60 a month, shoudl cover everything we need."

Mr. JOnes is impressed with how in depth jonny has considered all of this, "What are you going to do when Jenny gets pregnant?"

Jonny says " Well we've been lucky so far!"

Oggy
07-14-2011, 12:14 PM
i'm gona have to go watch this when it comes out :Happybounce: :Happybounce:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=LOSZLgzgnBs

THE_JOKER
07-14-2011, 01:00 PM
This one is for The Joker!

Jonny and jenny are 12 and 11 respectively.
They decided they are in love and want to get married.
Jenny tells jonny, if you want to get married you have to ask my daddy first.
So.. Jonny walks up to Mr. Jones and tells him, "Jenny and I are in love, and we're going to get married."
Mr. JOnes thins this is cute so he plays along, "Where are you going to live after you're married?"
Jonny says "I figured Jenny's bedroom is bigger than mine, so we'll there."
Mr. JOnes thinking this is still cute asks, "How will you support yourselves?"
Jonny says"My allowance is $10 a week and Jenny's is $5 a week so that will give us $60 a month, shoudl cover everything we need."

Mr. JOnes is impressed with how in depth jonny has considered all of this, "What are you going to do when Jenny gets pregnant?"

Jonny says " Well we've been lucky so far!"

:lol: thats just wrong :lol:

Oggy
07-15-2011, 02:30 AM
i didn't know they were remaking The Thing

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Txjm94GnrPA

Spoon37
07-15-2011, 04:15 AM
Cool....yet another not-really-a-remake-but-we-wont-call-it-a-sequel-cuz-everyone-knows-sequels-suck....

THE_JOKER
07-15-2011, 06:55 AM
Anyone Tech savvy on Plasma TV's?

Do the newer screens still suffer from "Burn in"?

Im wondering if things like the "Start" bar on windows etc would burn in it, or say on a game with a HUD.....wondering if that would burn in?

Ooooor am i over worrying an it no longer exists?

The Stray Cat
07-15-2011, 08:27 AM
It depends on the age of the TV, many of them now have what is called Progressive Scan which flips your screen at a certain time interval like every 2 seconds, we don't see it but it keeps it from the image burn older ones suffered from.

THE_JOKER
07-15-2011, 03:29 PM
It depends on the age of the TV, many of them now have what is called Progressive Scan which flips your screen at a certain time interval like every 2 seconds, we don't see it but it keeps it from the image burn older ones suffered from.

Yeah i dived in an got one anyways.

The woman said something very similar to what you just said though!, cheers Rock :chug:

oldskoolmini
07-15-2011, 04:23 PM
hey fellas! Im still alive. after two surgeries and a truck load of dilaudid pain meds, i am free from stones... in one kidney. gotta go back in a month or for the right kidney. and i did my best to flirt with all the nurses. the meds must have given me some sort of patrick swayze like confidence with women. cuz i got to talking to a girl while i was on the meds and she wants to date me.:Happybounce: i dont remember what all i said. but damn im good at it.:lolbeat:

tamiya cc-01
07-16-2011, 01:25 PM
I`ve just broken up with my girlfriend. And like Homer I`ll say IUHUUU.

FunkyHunk
07-17-2011, 07:56 AM
hey fellas! Im still alive. after two surgeries and a truck load of dilaudid pain meds, i am free from stones... in one kidney. gotta go back in a month or for the right kidney. and i did my best to flirt with all the nurses. the meds must have given me some sort of patrick swayze like confidence with women. cuz i got to talking to a girl while i was on the meds and she wants to date me.:Happybounce: i dont remember what all i said. but damn im good at it.:lolbeat:

Haha, that's great :nice:

(what's the name of the meds?) :p

The Stray Cat
07-18-2011, 09:48 AM
So I watched Rango and Insidious over the weekend. Rango is awesome, loved the whole thing!

Insidious, is definitely worth a watch if you like "horror" flicks!

Rango is one I'll be buying on blu ray for sure though.

Ian
07-18-2011, 10:38 AM
Insidious, is definitely worth a watch if you like "horror" flicks!

Oh i totally forgot about that film, i saw it advertised ages ago. I just watched the trailer again, is it really as scary/creepy as the trailer makes out?

If it is, it's certainly one i should by for the carashed:nice:

The Stray Cat
07-18-2011, 11:01 AM
It's definitely a cool flick, My wife thought it was scary, it's form the same guys that wrote Paranormal Activity. It's definitely cool and some creepy stuffs happen.

THE_JOKER
07-18-2011, 11:02 AM
I like the ones that scare you within an inch of your life, i find most horrors funny though as i think they try too hard?

You can anticipate what's coming next nearly all the time.

Ian
07-18-2011, 11:09 AM
That's why i'd have to watch it in the carashed Ed, my missus hates horrors and even runs a mile when she hears the siren off 'silent hill'.

It's probably old news to people now, but i watched 'Hall Pass' last night, and although it was ok, there was one part of it that had me in tears! He took the woman back to the hotel room and they were both in the bathroom and... Well, i almost wet myself with laughter...

The Stray Cat
07-18-2011, 11:41 AM
Haven't seen that one yet, that is on the list for this week to watch.

The Stray Cat
07-18-2011, 11:42 AM
Another good movie is the Lincoln Lawyer, it has Matthew "Did I Shave My Chest For THis" McConaughy as the star but it is a dang good flick!

oldskoolmini
07-18-2011, 04:32 PM
Haha, that's great :nice:

(what's the name of the meds?) :p

thanks funky. I was on dilauded in the hospital. 10x stronger than morphine. I WAS HIGH AS A KITE! thought i was patrick swayze on that stuff. and now im on hydrocodone at home. that stuff makes me hyper. i dont like it.

Lee
07-19-2011, 03:31 PM
quick question for you guys... got a brushed 1/16 slash, would it be a fair trade to swap the rolling chassis for a tamiya mini minus elecs?

Oggy
07-19-2011, 03:45 PM
if you offered me a 1/16 slash for my M03 mini, i would take your hand off, the slash is worth far more, even an M05 is worth less, you can get M03's on ebay from £30

Lee
07-19-2011, 04:08 PM
so it wouldn't be rude to go for an upgraded one then? i bought the slash around xmas time and have barely used it if im honest, was going to convert it into a rally car but i really fancy a tamiya mini. I'd like to keep the traxxas electrics though, i like the fact that theyre waterproof...

Ian
07-19-2011, 05:53 PM
Why not get some styrene and make a huge slash mini?

Lee
07-19-2011, 06:04 PM
no time, im away for the most part of the holiday and the time i do spend at home i'll be searching for a full sized one... ;)

oldskoolmini
07-20-2011, 07:18 PM
hey fellas! :wave:

went to the doc today to have the tube in my kidney checked out. he pulled out some odd wire from the thing that grossed me out. also the stitches had popped out since the skin on my back is so fragile (tube sticks out in the middel of a grafted site). he said it would be fine since the tube had a balloon inflated to hold it in. so he caps off the tube, bandages it up and sends me home. well i get home and notice it was leaking some. i rolled over and had my home health aid check it out. it seems the tube had fallen out entirely:shoot:. so now im stuck with a hole in my kidney and back. It's been leaking like the titanic ever since. called the doc an he said it would heal up in 2-3 days. just great. cant leave the house for a few days and im urinating from my back. eewwwwww. :rant::facepalm:

BADMUTHATrUCKER
07-20-2011, 08:51 PM
That is something that I have never done before, and don't intend to try.

BADMUTHATrUCKER
07-21-2011, 04:34 AM
Meanwhile, .....

http://i34.photobucket.com/albums/d104/evilnorm/gifs/tumblr_loncveBzuU1qfjjglo1_400.gif

THE_JOKER
07-21-2011, 04:52 AM
lmfao.

Lee
07-21-2011, 05:06 AM
:lol: thats brilliant :lol:

quick question? looking for an old mini... following your guys advice, something small but not a corsa or anything chav. what would you guys go for though, the 1.0l or 1.3?
with a 1.0l i could possibly get my insurance below £1,000, but it would be awful on the motorway when i drive down to see my dad- a 1.3 will cost more to insure, but be abit nippier (still not ferrari performance obviously)
leaning toward a 1.0l as most the time ill just be nipping to and from school, and if the motorway becomes too bad i just sit in the slow lane and slipstream things, although the 1.3 (would look for a 1.3 mayfair not a cooper) would be more fun overall.

Spoon37
07-21-2011, 06:53 AM
well the old skool ones were 850cc...never seemed to be too much of a problem on motorways.

Prolly depends how strapped for cash you are, the bills will mount up so if you can easily afford the 1.3 that might be best but if you can't really afford it(especially with insurance and whatnot) go for a 1.0 to begin with.

Oggy
07-21-2011, 07:29 AM
Lee, if you can find one, look at a subaru justy, the original had a 900cc 3 cylinder engine, they handle great, selectable 2 or 4 wheel drive, very good on fuel, cheap insurance, and ok on 100 mile motorway journeys

Lee
07-21-2011, 07:37 AM
might look it up cheers oggy- the issue is insurnace though. are they over 15 years old? that would qualify it as a 'classic'....
paddy hopkirks mini was a 1071cc, and that spat in the face of some serious cars.

Oggy
07-21-2011, 08:08 AM
mine was a H reg, that should be old enough for you

Ian
07-21-2011, 01:37 PM
Or, look up a Suzuki Swift GTI :D

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Iv7LCJJD1zc&feature=related

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=QHJdpNIQjes&feature=related

Yes, they really are that rapid! I've been in one with a nutter as the driver and i crapped myself.

Hey, calling all movie buffs across the pond. You'll see this before us, so PLEASE fill me in when you do! I'm really keen to hear what it's actually like, because i love the look of it.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=EbCoDf44oCE

Ragnarok
07-21-2011, 03:29 PM
Coming up for air before I sink away again:

Rise of POTA looks like a combination of Flowers for Algernon and Frankenstein. It could work.
I'm not fracking up my bootloader with the latest rev so that I can download OS X 10.6.8 so I can then purchase and download the abomination that is OS X 10.7. The iOS-ification of OS X is like seeing a Hell's Angel biker in a diaper. It's degrading, insulting, and enough to make a grown man vomit for days.
Furthermore, I'm purchasing Windows 7 Ultimate 64-bit next month. If I need to use anything on OS X, I'll try to set aside the money for a Mac Mini. Beyond that, the only Apple products I will ever use are iTunes (which I'm looking for alternatives as I write this) and an Airport Extreme router. I'll never own an iPod, nor an iPhone. My next MP3 player will be a Cowon, and my next phone will likely be a Samsung. A viable competitor for the iPad will be forthcoming, and if there's any practical music usage for it then I will look at it as well.
RockEd, here is your Geekout Overload for the day. R2-D2 graphics with a gold C3P0 controller. It's due to be out sometime soon. Article (http://www.joystiq.com/2011/07/21/r2d2-style-xbox-360-kinect-bundle-rolling-out-for-star-wars-kine/).
76277 76281 76278 7627976280
I have not yet seen TF3. This last week has been really overwhelming with work. I spent all day on a job 200 miles away from home yesterday. I'm barely able to move today. I thought last night was tough. :nono: Chatted with my younger brother and we're going to try to see it this Saturday. With the final Fairy Potter flick and Crap'n Crucherica showing, the demand for TF3 will be really low - which I prefer. I'm borderline agoraphobic. It may not be in 3D, though. I'll have to check with the theater.
I'm also getting that foundling computer ready for my father to use. All of the stuff came in that I needed. The SATA DVD burner turned out to not work (the motherboard's SATA implementation was too primitive) so I found a spare ATA burner that's working very rad-ly. It's running Windows XP Pro SP3, and with one exception, all of the old Win ME-vintage applications he was using are running just fine.

That's all for a while. If I see TF3 this weekend, I'll try to do a review. :chug:

Oggy
07-21-2011, 03:47 PM
Rag, it's good to see you on here, hope you are ok

that 360 is very cool

The Stray Cat
07-21-2011, 07:55 PM
Ian, I am stoked about the POTA ROTPOTA, I have always been a Ape flick fan.

RAG good to see ya still sucking air ol' buddy. That 360 is SAWEEEET!

Ragnarok
07-21-2011, 10:46 PM
Alright, WHO THE BLOODY SWOLLEN NOSTRIL GREENLIT THIS CINEMATIC MONSTROSITY?

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-uDuReyaNZo
In a hyperreal, hyper-saturated, hyper-driven dystopia, guns are banned upon pain of death and the sword is now king.

Nicola the Woodcutter (Ron Perlman) is the most powerful man east of the Atlantic, a shadowy crime boss who rules with an iron fist with the help of nine diverse assassins and the Red Gang, a force not to be trifled with. His right-hand man is Killer #2 (Kevin McKidd), a cold-hearted, smooth-talking, toe-tapping murderer dressed in red and wielding a deadly blade without remorse. The citizens live in fear of this pack of wolves, and wait for the hero who can overthrow the tyrant.

One night, a man (Josh Hartnett) walks into the bar of the local insurgent (Woody Harrelson) and desires two things: a shot of whisky and to kill Nicola. Soon, another stranger enters the bar, a samurai named Yoshi (played by Japanese pop star GACKT). Yoshi wants to avenge his father by taking back a talisman that Nicola stole from his clan. Armed with crossed destinies and incredible fighting skills, the two set out on a journey, breaking bones and cracking heads in search for Nicola.

In an amalgam of samurai film, spaghetti western and chop socky – and using a stylish blend of neo-noir, German expressionism and Russian futurism – director Guy Moshe’s debut feature Bunraku is nothing short of ambitious. Characters in the world of Bunraku spin and ricochet against a backdrop that resembles a pop-up-book made of origami, ever-changing and whirring like a steam driven Victorian theatre set. It is a universe driven by pugilistic force, delivered in a brash style of amazing physical combat sequences by stunt coordinator Clayton Barber and fight choreographer Larnell Stovall that evoke Gene Kelly by way of Bloodsport. Hartnett will surprise many with his presence as the man with no name, played with a steely perfection and ripped straight out of a Western, while GACKT channels Toshiro Mifune’s stone cold devotion to a mission.

Completely unique while drawing upon a myriad of classical influences, Bunraku emerges as a visually stunning and adrenaline pumping blend of flavours old and new, east and west.

First of all, anyone that thinks that putting GACKT in their movie is a wise casting move needs to be shot. Secondly anyone that dares to think that he/she would resemble anything equal-to-or-greater than a pimple on Toshiro Mifune's butt needs to be double-shot with katana-wielding bullets made of lava. Maybe "the steely resolve of Eddie Deezen on Zoloft and Nyquil" is a better analogy.

For those that don't know, GACKT is J-pop's gender-bending, limp-wristed, mascara-wearing, girly underpants-sporting equivalent of David Bowie…minus any talent or skill or appeal. Coincidentally, "GACKT" is sort of a choking vomit noise plus a muffled sneeze, which ironically seems appropriate. Seriously, if they want an Asian singer-turned-actor that's actually palatable to an audience, try Rain. He was actually pretty good in Ninja Assassin.

And just how the Samuel Langhorne Hell is a "samurai/spaghetti western/chop socky/neo-noir/German expressionist/Russian futurist" movie even possible? It's like talking about a newly discovered animal that's part goose, part box of cereal, part String Theory, and part titanium nitride.

Lastly (back to the caterwauling hermaphrodite issue) anyone that thinks that putting girly-man GACKT into a toenail-peelingly frightful melange as I just described with an already poorly conceived casting goulash of Ron Perlman, Demi Moore, Woody Harrelson and Josh Fartnett and still have a watchable, entertaining movie needs to not only be triple-shot with nuclear-tipped piranhas, but they need to be tied spread-eagle and upside-down to the front of a rocket-powered dump struck that's lit on fire, and then driven at full speed into a granite rock face.

Old Busted Hotness
07-22-2011, 03:23 AM
NASA really dropped the ball with the final shuttle landing. How awesome would it have been if the returning astronauts were greeted by everyone dressed as apes?

THE_JOKER
07-22-2011, 03:47 AM
/\/\/\ Awesome lol

THE_JOKER
07-22-2011, 03:51 AM
Alright, WHO THE BLOODY SWOLLEN NOSTRIL GREENLIT THIS CINEMATIC MONSTROSITY?

First of all, anyone that thinks that putting GACKT in their movie is a wise casting move needs to be shot. Secondly anyone that dares to think that he/she would resemble anything equal-to-or-greater than a pimple on Toshiro Mifune's butt needs to be double-shot with katana-wielding bullets made of lava. Maybe "the steely resolve of Eddie Deezen on Zoloft and Nyquil" is a better analogy.

For those that don't know, GACKT is J-pop's gender-bending, limp-wristed, mascara-wearing, girly underpants-sporting equivalent of David Bowie…minus any talent or skill or appeal. Coincidentally, "GACKT" is sort of a choking vomit noise plus a muffled sneeze, which ironically seems appropriate. Seriously, if they want an Asian singer-turned-actor that's actually palatable to an audience, try Rain. He was actually pretty good in Ninja Assassin.

And just how the Samuel Langhorne Hell is a "samurai/spaghetti western/chop socky/neo-noir/German expressionist/Russian futurist" movie even possible? It's like talking about a newly discovered animal that's part goose, part box of cereal, part String Theory, and part titanium nitride.

Lastly (back to the caterwauling hermaphrodite issue) anyone that thinks that putting girly-man GACKT into a toenail-peelingly frightful melange as I just described with an already poorly conceived casting goulash of Ron Perlman, Demi Moore, Woody Harrelson and Josh Fartnett and still have a watchable, entertaining movie needs to not only be triple-shot with nuclear-tipped piranhas, but they need to be tied spread-eagle and upside-down to the front of a rocket-powered dump struck that's lit on fire, and then driven at full speed into a granite rock face.

I'll watch it out of boredom :D

Ragnarok
07-22-2011, 09:41 AM
The lameassed pop-up book + community theater set design I think is what they really meant when the PR hacks referred to "neo-noir/German expressionist/Russian futurist."

Tentatively, I'm having tea with Optimus Prime and Sir Neville Megatron tomorrow afternoon. Tah. :tea:

The Stray Cat
07-22-2011, 10:09 AM
You still haven't made it to see TF3 yet? It'll be on DVD before you get to the theater. I'm going to move to Alaska so you have a bro to go see flicks with!

Spoon37
07-22-2011, 10:11 AM
"In a hyperreal, hyper-saturated, hyper-driven dystopia" Don't, don't, don't, don't, don't believe the Hype! :lol:

Good lord that looks like an april fools joke :blink: in fact I think the april fool trailers I've seen lately(like 'legend of zelda the movie' for example) looked more impressive.

Have fun with your afternoon tea with the transformers Rag! :tea:

Ragnarok
07-22-2011, 04:59 PM
TF3 is a no-go. He and I can't seem to synchronize our schedules. I was able to get the day off so I could go, and just texted me five minutes ago that he won't be able to because he has to work. I told him not to get stressed out about it. Diggety-damn-hell-crap.

Looks like I'm gonna have to wait until November 15 for the BluRay. I seem to recall the previous ones coming out on video earlier than that. (Techically, TF1 didn't come out on BR until almost a year later because of the HD-DVD fracas.) If I had my own wheels, I'd be saying how I was going for the third time. Now, if I had a girlfriend to take to the movies...I'd probably still be waiting to see it in November. :lol:

Ragnarok
07-23-2011, 12:47 AM
Rango. I bought it. I watched it. I think I hated it. Which is really too bad because much of it was pretty cool. A quick rundown follows.

What I liked:
Music. Zimmer mimics Ennio Morrocone's style really well, and there's even some Wagner and Strauss thrown in for good measure.
The animation was pretty incredible. I watched it with the folks on DVD and I'm quite interested to see what it looks like in full high-def.
A particular cameo that I thought was authentic, but it turned out to be an impersonator. The guy still did a really good job.

What I despised:
Overtly adult humor of near R-rated caliber in a PG-rated "family" film. The idea that there needs to be late-night HBO comedy flotsam put into a movie ultimately targeted at kids aged 4 to 10, and that this makes perfect sense for a family picture in order to keep the adults entertained is a sick one. A round of guys trying to one-up the next guy about what they coughed up leads to one saying he found an entire human backbone in is stool, several euphemistic references to male gonads, as well as an ever-escalating sequence of prostate jokes (WTF?!? Is this something we make fun of now?) are just a few examples of the crap that really angered me. These do not fit the template of family entertainment. I damn-near turned it off.
Character design. Rango, the burrowing owl mariachi "Greek chorus," the soul-searching armadillo, and Rattlesnake Jake are the only interesting designs that won't make your eyes hurt or turn your stomach. An example - the heroine's freakishly malformed facial topography is so bizarrely conceived that it makes one wonder if someone was getting mercury slipped into their coffee in the morning. The "uniqueness" of many of the incidental and supporting cast goes into the realm of repugnant. You can't care or empathize with these characters they're so ugly.
The incomprehensible surrealism that goes nowhere for most of the film. While visually interesting and artistic, it really means nothing. Expensive nothing. Every second of each beautifully created and animated sequence amounted to multimillion-dollar wallpaper. The plot itself really doesn't kick off until the corrupt mayor brings in a gun-hand to get rid of Rango, and by then we're way past the half-way mark.

Overall, it's a frustrating experience. I wanted to like the movie, and from a visual standpoint it really is different from many CGI films of late. It's the rare outing that's NOT a satire of fairy tales. However, the unnecessary and bizarre vulgarity, along with character designs so ugly that they left "interesting" and "unconventional" two truckstops ago and instead picked up "grotesque" and her sister "barf-making," make this a film I won't recommend for anyone with children. Adults, maybe, but even then I have some serious reservations. I'm one and I'm really not all that anxious to watch it again except for the singular reason of watching it once in HD.

The Stray Cat
07-23-2011, 07:11 PM
Rag, I loved Rango, with that said, I don't hold as deep of convictions as you which I respect. However as you said this is not something I let my 5 and 8 yr old watch completely. I watched it with my oldest daughter, just turned 12 today, and we enjoyed it. But yes the humor for a family graded film was quite questionable.

Lee
07-23-2011, 07:19 PM
see you guys later, got a flight out to Menorca at 6am... :D

Ragnarok
07-23-2011, 11:40 PM
Has a fun. :nice:

Something wicked this way comes…
EVGA WORKING ON DUAL-SOCKET X79 MOBO (http://techreport.com/discussions.x/21061)

http://hvx-rc.com/forumstuff/emo/emo-bigshock.gif

Not really exciting news if this was just another server board, but it's not. This is the successor to the dual X58 SR-2 mutha…board: a dual-CPU monster that can overclock like a bastage. The new one would mean dual Sandy Bridge EPs. :drool: I have a special…"project"… that I would LOVE to incorporate this into. Trouble is the CPUs alone are going to be $1200 to $1700. Each. :cryin: :nono: If I had $8k to sink into this "project" it'd be a no-brainer - I'd do it in an instant.

THE_JOKER
07-24-2011, 05:41 AM
I was gonna pick up "Rango" tommorow.......not so sure now.

Spoon37
07-24-2011, 09:12 AM
I've always been wary of dual CPU motherboards - bear in mind I have done both 1-8 cpu server benchmarking and proper distributed/cluster computing, the performance gain has been questionable. in outright terms a 8 CPU server can manage double the throughput of a 1 CPU server.... not 8x as most people would guess.

for home systems its muddy waters - IF software supports the double configuration it can yield good gains, if it doesnt it gains nothing for too much cash... a bit like dual/triple SLi - fine if its supported but useless if not.

Still that said its a really cool configuration... :lolbeat:

:tea:

Ragnarok
07-24-2011, 11:05 AM
No worries about the software. That which I'd be using will have no trouble with multiple CPUs. Many users have similar setups on several multiple CPU machines in a "studio farm" config. The multiple-core/CPU issue has been addressed by pretty much all of the DAW manufacturers, and the plugins that run in these DAWs don't really care - the host DAW takes care of core/CPU assignments. Guys have been running Cubase, Live, and Logic in dual-CPU Mac Pro towers for years (and in particular, the Core i7 Xeon-based units that are around now), yielding insane track numbers, simultaneous effects and instruments, and very fast "rendering" time.

This is a pipe dream anyway. If I was pulling in $60k a year or more then I wouldn't worry about expenses like this, but my means are pretty humble. If I ever do a duallie, it will probably consist of a pair of individual motherboards ganged up in a Slave/Master scenario. :nice: That might be less money in the long run because I'd be running non-multiple-place enabled CPUs (ie. CPUs intended for 2-place or 4-place settings) so they'd be $600 to 700 each instead of 2.5X that for each at the same or similar power.

But then again…what the hell do I know? :blink: :lol:

I was gonna pick up "Rango" tommorow.......not so sure now.

Hey, don't let my review discourage you too much. My tastes are a little more strict than others. My reviews really are critiques based on what I find to be good or bad, and I don't do it with the expectation that everyone (or anyone for that matter) will agree with my opinion. You'll have to make your own decision on that one. :nice: Cinematically, it's incredible. Some scenes are awesome the way they're framed and "shot." My biggest complaint was the vulgarity, which for me kills whatever innovation or enjoyability the rest of the film had to offer. Had that not been a factor, I could have perhaps tolerated the oft-freakish character designs.

FunkyHunk
07-25-2011, 08:30 AM
Hi guys, I'm writing this on my ipad while sitting on a ferry on our way to Bergen.
I just had to share some of the pictures we took yesterday on our way over 'trollstigen' or troll's road to Geiranger.
The roads was more impressive than I've ever imagined possible, even though me and my dad drove this way around 20 years ago.

I'll start my own thread for these pictures as soon as we get home and uploaded all the pictures from our slr camera :)

In the meanwhile you can take a gander at these:

http://i89.photobucket.com/albums/k205/funkyhunk/ferie2011/215e0241.jpg

http://i89.photobucket.com/albums/k205/funkyhunk/ferie2011/3ab20e92.jpg

http://i89.photobucket.com/albums/k205/funkyhunk/ferie2011/7caa21bc.jpg

http://i89.photobucket.com/albums/k205/funkyhunk/ferie2011/74e9dbfb.jpg

http://i89.photobucket.com/albums/k205/funkyhunk/ferie2011/600bdb3d.jpg

I just realized that the country that we live in is even more awesome than I thought before :P

Ragnarok
07-25-2011, 09:06 AM
Looks like Alaska. :nice: With the exception of the "Europey" road. (I'm referring to the severe switchbacks.) Looking forward to more. :viking:

THE_JOKER
07-25-2011, 09:09 AM
Thats one of the roads the Top Gear team drove on.

Spoon37
07-25-2011, 09:38 AM
looks like fun to drive on :burnout:

not a bad camera on that ipad either... :blink:

FunkyHunk
07-25-2011, 09:47 AM
I took the pictures on my iphone 4. I still have the first gen ipad 3g ;)
I used the photobucket app to upload them and the ipad photobucket app to get the links to post them on the forum :)

THE_JOKER
07-25-2011, 01:11 PM
Deep Snow?

http://www.indiaonrent.com/forwards/a/amazing-roads/res/t_bpoy.jpg

Oggy
07-25-2011, 02:29 PM
this looks very cool

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=enQXITlKRgg

Ragnarok
07-25-2011, 03:46 PM
Got a possible update for my controller project. I'll talk about it after work tonight. :nice:

FunkyHunk
07-25-2011, 04:02 PM
Thats one of the roads the Top Gear team drove on.

What episode was that on?

MojaveMonster
07-25-2011, 05:46 PM
Sorry to butt in, I got a quick dilema.

Do I give up my Humvee driving job down range for a desk job, better scheduling, and two dollars more. Its basically the guy on the other end of the radio slingin me grids.

Sounds nice but could probably get boring quick. On the other hand, I can never plan anything where I'm at. You would you do?

Ragnarok
07-25-2011, 08:33 PM
Personally, and only if it actually was me, I'd take the desk job. But that's based on my own condition. If I was healthier and stronger the decision would be much more difficult. But less strenuous work at higher pay would be a nice change for me. Boredom would definitely be something to really take into account.

pardonmyn00b
07-25-2011, 09:38 PM
I'd take the desk job. Being out and about is fun, but 2 bucks more is 2 bucks more than you have now.

MojaveMonster
07-25-2011, 10:47 PM
It would be a lot different than I'm use to, I've been outside or in shopbays since 2002. I could go for something relaxing. I would definatelly miss the Humvee and stuff like this....

http://tapatalk.com/mu/aefe5414-46f6-ba91.jpg

I got stuck the other day. I was looking away as I dropped into the wash, not realizing how big it was.

http://tapatalk.com/mu/aefe5414-48c4-3463.jpg

http://tapatalk.com/mu/aefe5414-4904-073b.jpg

After a little shoveling, rounding off the ledge, and some low lock...

http://tapatalk.com/mu/aefe5414-49be-ac6c.jpg

THE_JOKER
07-26-2011, 02:21 AM
What episode was that on?

I cant remember the episode but it was one where they were trying to find the "Greatest driving road" in Europe, that road was one of the ones they drove on......i think they named it best too i cant remember.

2:53

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=EZm8VFCKNj4

FunkyHunk
07-26-2011, 04:55 AM
The road they drove on las in that video was in italy, I drove on the "trolls road" in norway.
Great episode none the less :nice:

THE_JOKER
07-26-2011, 05:50 AM
Oh it aint the same road?

I need glasses me thinks :lol:

FunkyHunk
07-26-2011, 08:50 AM
I think the norwegian trolls road is a bit narrower in general. Still, that italian roadpiece was kinda awesome too :)

Ragnarok
07-26-2011, 08:52 AM
Italy, Norway. What's the difference? :lol:

imthatguy
07-26-2011, 09:26 AM
Hey, does scale4x4 have their own windshield stickers?

FunkyHunk
07-26-2011, 12:39 PM
Italy, Norway. What's the difference? :lol:

Communists, and no communists :P

pardonmyn00b
07-26-2011, 01:04 PM
Hey, does scale4x4 have their own windshield stickers?

Sounds like you need to make some. I'll take 11. Thank you.

Old Busted Hotness
07-26-2011, 01:07 PM
Alps vs. fjords?

Old Busted Hotness
07-26-2011, 01:08 PM
Lasagna vs. herring?

Old Busted Hotness
07-26-2011, 01:09 PM
This could be the deal breaker for Norway:

Thongs vs. parkas :Happybounce:

pardonmyn00b
07-26-2011, 01:11 PM
Ferrari vs. TH!NK

pardonmyn00b
07-26-2011, 01:12 PM

Mmmm, parkas. :banana:

Spoon37
07-26-2011, 01:40 PM
Italy is one with the Fjords and crazy people(in a good way) right? :thinking:

imthatguy
07-26-2011, 01:55 PM
Sounds like you need to make some. I'll take 11. Thank you.

Wagh. Okay. I'll get started.

oldskoolmini
07-26-2011, 03:08 PM
hey fellas! :wave:

good news! ive been asked to build a 1/24 replica of dirt track race car for a local racer buddy of mine. hopefully this will start a little business of building replicas for local racers. the car i will be building is a hobby stock/ bomber class car. expect a build thread within the next couple weeks.
http://i243.photobucket.com/albums/ff80/oldskoolmini/282422_246298242066207_100000580999110_914092_5849 393_n.jpg

also ive got another surgery coming up August 9th to have the stones removed from my right kidney. finally i wont have anymore stones!

The Stray Cat
07-26-2011, 09:17 PM
that is good news OSM! Keep the positive attitude and it all work out for ya!

Ragnarok
07-26-2011, 10:17 PM
It was more of a rhetorical question, guys. :lol:
Communists, and no communists :P
Uh, no communists?
Alps vs. fjords?
Fjords, even if it's against Chewys and Bodges.
Lasagna vs. herring?
Lasagna. Duh.

Now that depends on who is occupying what. If the object that's stuffed into the thong happens to be an overweight gastropod with a hairy back… :eek: I'll take the parka.

MojaveMonster
07-27-2011, 07:16 AM
Good morning ya'all. What you all talkin about today?

Ragnarok
07-27-2011, 08:29 AM
I ain't not gonna no speak for nobody, but here's something I ran across a couple of minutes ago.

IEEE brings white space internet one step closer
Kudos to the IEEE for rushing this new 'super WiFi' standard through so very speedily for the sake of rural communities with poor web access. Designated "IEEE 802.22," it promises to bring speeds of up to 22Mbps to devices as far as 60 miles away from the nearest transmitter. How's that possible? Well, the standard carefully exploits swathes of unused white space within transmission bands that were originally reserved (and jealously guarded) for analogue TV. These frequencies currently contain nothing but hiss and occasional communications from dead people, but one day they could and should be filled with the hopes, aspirations and Facebook updates of country folk who are very much alive.

If this is true, less the typical Engagdet humor, there might be hope for a broadband-wannabe like myself. Probably a few years off, but still…

Spoon37
07-27-2011, 08:56 AM
I just got my pre-order code for Star Wars the Old Republic (code grants early access to the game a few days before release) :woohoo:

:stickdance:

THE_JOKER
07-27-2011, 09:27 AM
lol, the term "Kid in a candy store" seems to set the right picture.

Ragnarok
07-27-2011, 01:46 PM
[nobodycares]
I finally got a price quote on a Fatar TP40L/88 action for my big controller project. It's about $100 less than I was expecting (~$400), but it will take about three months to get it. Two for the order to be filled and another to get it from Italy via barge. The customer service rep I've been talking to said that I don't want to have it shipped air freight from Italy - it'll get destroyed. My hope is that I have the funds to get two of these actions so that I have a spare for parts should anything go wrong. This is nice because I read a review on the other keyboard I was looking at for this project (CME Z-key) and it's dang-near a synth action. I want a weighted action that's also fast, and the TP40L is just such an animal. The CME will remain my backup, but it's no longer my only choice. I'm feeling more positive about this project now than I have in months.
[/andthat'sokay]

Spoon37
07-27-2011, 02:14 PM
Good news Rag :chug:

THE_JOKER
07-27-2011, 02:25 PM
Is this the item you was after a while back Rag? an that it was only available in one country for you?.

I lose track easily sorry.

Ragnarok
07-27-2011, 03:09 PM
Good news Rag :chug:

I hope it is. :lol: I might be getting myself in deep with a project that could fail miserably. And by fail, I mean being out a lot of time, money and work.
Is this the item you was after a while back Rag? an that it was only available in one country for you?.

I lose track easily sorry.

That's correct. (Don't apologize - I've been bouncing around this in a sparse manner, being hot and cold on the whole project, so I haven't been that coherent at all about this.)

I originally was looking at getting this from an outfit in England. They quit carrying Fatar actions shortly after I became aware of them, so I did some looking around Stateside, which is far more convenient for me anyway. Found one, and they're more than willing and able to get this for me. :D

One of these days I ought to show one of my designs off. I'm a little afraid of losing the idea to some yahoo that's doing image searches, though. I really don't think it's something I could make money off of, but if there's even the smallest chance that I could, I don't want to lose it because I couldn't keep from posting some fairly detailed drawings. :blink:

oldskoolmini
07-27-2011, 03:17 PM
well today has been horrible. i missed the deadline for this semester at my school so now i have to wait till the winter semester to continue my classes. upon hearing of this my mother went on a rampage a told me i have to find a job within a month or she is cancelling my internet and car insurance and parking my van. the only way i can get to doc appointments and around town is that van. i cant get into a normal vehicle without tremendous pain and difficulty. so losing that will devistate my life. and if I do find a job, the home health aid that comes 5 days a week to help with laundry and cooking, cleaning, etc wont be able to come out anymore. so i kinda screwed either way. i just want to roll into traffic and be done with it! im so damn close to changing my phone number, email, and blocking my mother on facebook. i just want to get away from her and ignore her for about a year. even with me living on my own she tries to control every aspect of my life. the whole reason i moved out was to get away from all that. im so mad right now i could snap and hurt someone.

pardonmyn00b
07-27-2011, 08:57 PM
I'm done getting learned. I finished my last college class today. Now I must wait for my piece of paper that tells others how smart I am. Hooray for n00b.

THE_JOKER
07-28-2011, 02:12 AM
I hope it is. :lol: I might be getting myself in deep with a project that could fail miserably. And by fail, I mean being out a lot of time, money and work.

That's correct. (Don't apologize - I've been bouncing around this in a sparse manner, being hot and cold on the whole project, so I haven't been that coherent at all about this.)

I originally was looking at getting this from an outfit in England. They quit carrying Fatar actions shortly after I became aware of them, so I did some looking around Stateside, which is far more convenient for me anyway. Found one, and they're more than willing and able to get this for me. :D

One of these days I ought to show one of my designs off. I'm a little afraid of losing the idea to some yahoo that's doing image searches, though. I really don't think it's something I could make money off of, but if there's even the smallest chance that I could, I don't want to lose it because I couldn't keep from posting some fairly detailed drawings. :blink:

Totally understandable Rag!, its amazing how much "Idea Theft" goes on in the world of the interwebz, an how much money it brings in to the "Idea Theifs" Glad you got said item though! the people who are getting it for you, do they stick on a large lump sum for doing it?

THE_JOKER
07-28-2011, 02:16 AM
I'm done getting learned. I finished my last college class today. Now I must wait for my piece of paper that tells others how smart I am. Hooray for n00b.

Or how "dumb" you are lol.

Spoon37
07-28-2011, 04:25 AM

Hope it works for you Rag - I hear you on the knockoff/intellectual property theft, probably best to keep any pictures and description vague, you know like showing an RC with the body on and saying the chassis and driveline is entirely custom :nice:

well today has been horrible. i missed the deadline for this semester at my school so now i have to wait till the winter semester to continue my classes. upon hearing of this my mother went on a rampage a told me i have to find a job within a month or she is cancelling my internet and car insurance and parking my van. the only way i can get to doc appointments and around town is that van. i cant get into a normal vehicle without tremendous pain and difficulty. so losing that will devistate my life. and if I do find a job, the home health aid that comes 5 days a week to help with laundry and cooking, cleaning, etc wont be able to come out anymore. so i kinda screwed either way. i just want to roll into traffic and be done with it! im so damn close to changing my phone number, email, and blocking my mother on facebook. i just want to get away from her and ignore her for about a year. even with me living on my own she tries to control every aspect of my life. the whole reason i moved out was to get away from all that. im so mad right now i could snap and hurt someone.

Aww :( kinda damned if you do damned if you dont - I'm kinda thinking maybe your mum said these things in the heat of the moment and will calm down, hopefully talk it through a bit later on. Probably a good idea to make motions like your working hard to look for a job because you are 'so worried' about whats gonna happen because of her actions/decisions...

Well thats what I'd do... :lolbeat:

Or how "dumb" you are lol.

Congratulations n00b...I look at my piece of paper occasionally....it never makes me feel any smarter.

especially when I realise its upside down :facepalm:

spankrjs
07-28-2011, 05:47 AM

Congrats:Happybounce:

My magic piece of paper is still somewhere on the floor of my closet:facepalm:

Ragnarok
07-28-2011, 09:29 AM
Totally understandable Rag!, its amazing how much "Idea Theft" goes on in the world of the interwebz, an how much money it brings in to the "Idea Theifs" Glad you got said item though! the people who are getting it for you, do they stick on a large lump sum for doing it?
It doesn't appear to be that way. They haven't mentioned any kind of commission or handling fee. I suppose that the price they gave me includes any of that. The customer service rep I've been communicating with said that someone else is wanting this same keybed and the store may order two of them so that when I'm ready in October to order they'll already have it in stock. :D If I don't let the rest of "the real world" in too much I can actually get giddy over this. Even if that doesn't work out, I can still order in October and have it before February. These folks have been really nice to work with so far.

Hope it works for you Rag - I hear you on the knockoff/intellectual property theft, probably best to keep any pictures and description vague, you know like showing an RC with the body on and saying the chassis and driveline is entirely custom :nice:
No way to disguise this one other than not showing it. :lol: The reality of it is, it's not just a controller: it's actually an integrated workstation. In other words, the controller and computer system all reside in the same chassis. A lot of people think this is impractical, but plenty of others say this arrangement simplifies their workflow. It's not an idea I hope to market, but I want my design to remain mine.

The first example of this concept came in the form of a proof-of-concept workstation by Creamware (now SoniCore) called the Stage Frame One. They unveiled it at the Frankfurt Music Messe in 2000. It wasn't particularly attractive, nor did it ever see production, but a lot of people took notice.

About four or five years ago, a company called Open Labs started making something like this commercially, and they've sold quite well. The guy that founded the company was forced out not long before the company went bankrupt (and was bought by…someone) and he started another outfit that does something similar called Music Computing. MC stuff looks nicer and tends to be less expensive than Open Labs.

Anyway, my rig is something similar, but different enough that it won't look like these guys' units. I really want to keep my music rig "self contained" as the self-discipline to keep from farting around on my computer when I should be working on music hasn't been too successful. I was very productive musically in the late 90's before I had things like the internet to distract me. This machine I want to build will only go online to register software.

Aww :( kinda damned if you do damned if you dont - I'm kinda thinking maybe your mum said these things in the heat of the moment and will calm down, hopefully talk it through a bit later on. Probably a good idea to make motions like your working hard to look for a job because you are 'so worried' about whats gonna happen because of her actions/decisions...

I heartily endorse this idea.

Congratulations n00b...I look at my piece of paper occasionally....it never makes me feel any smarter.

especially when I realise its upside down :facepalm:

I was really trying hard to enroll into the Mat-Su College for this fall, but I have so much work to help with that there's no time. And I haven't had a big enough payday to make tuition. It was only one class, but still. I have to meet with an admissions counselor about transcript, take some placement tests (SATs and ACTs were taken back in 1994), and make sure I'm even admitted. I don't see how I can make it this term. Spring term, shouldn't be too difficult.

BTW, we had a 5.3 alarm clock this morning. Not big, but when it's as close to me as that was, it's very startling. Especially when it seemed to take a little longer to wind down than I thought it should. :blink: It was just a bit northwest of here.

THE_JOKER
07-28-2011, 10:06 AM
Whats the price of this again?.....do i need to sit down first?

:lol:

Ragnarok
07-28-2011, 02:42 PM
What? My controller/workstation doo-dang? :lol: Including all of my materials, computer components, controller stuff - hoping for sub-$4K, but not over $5K. The computer aspect will be the most expensive. The thing is once I establish this as my "platform" I can stop this stupid goal-post moving, and my music rig will be segregated from my general purpose activities. Shoehorning a computer into a custom keyboard is almost a psychological trick I'm pulling on myself - it's no longer a computer: it's an integrated workstation - but I expect it to work. I'm probably a fool, but I guess that's something I'll discover myself. I may do this as a "scratch-built/case-mod" over at Bit-Tech forums and see if I can pick up some trolls. :lol:

As far as my current rig goes, the X58 system will remain pretty much as-is other than some updates I hope to do to it. (New case, more HDs, different HSF, possibly more memory, etc.) This keyboard thing will have the new X79 platform inside that's due out in early 2012, most likely an Asus ROG-series motherboard and Intel's Core i7-3930K mid-level, unlocked but-not-extreme 6-core CPU. Probably 16GB memory, a couple of SSDs, one or two big HDs, a slot-loading BD-RE drive for big archival moves, and either a low-profile graphics card (ie. GT430) or a GTX560TI with a 90° PCIe riser card so it'll all fit.

BTW, my controller design is a little less clunky-looking than that big yellow thing I posted. :chug:

Keddy
07-28-2011, 06:34 PM
I didn't think it was thread starting worthy, so I'm just gunna leave this here.
http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v113/keddy/3c7b9365.jpg

Ragnarok
07-28-2011, 07:50 PM
^ Evil and unnatural.

Speaking of which, I had to get back on prednisone. I can feel each and every single bone in my body with distinct shape and number - every one of them is screaming from the core. Each time I get on prednisone this pain gets worse and worse and worse. Also have a headache I cannot even describe in words. :cryin:

pardonmyn00b
07-28-2011, 08:40 PM
The McWhat?

oldskoolmini
07-28-2011, 09:45 PM

:

ive letting her calm down and i tried talking to her in a civilized manner. but she refuses to listen to what i say. she so stubborn its unbelievable. And ive been job hunting all day to the point that im mental and physical pain. i must have applied to 10 different placs today. having to roll the whole way since i dont even have $.50 to ride the bus. all of that still wasnt good enough for my mother so i still lose my van and control over my finances. so what im going to do is get a job, get my own bank account, and hire a lawyer so i can revoke the power of attorney my mother has on me. only way out of this situation i feel involves hurt feelings, court, and not speaking afterwards for years.

THE_JOKER
07-29-2011, 02:59 AM
What? My controller/workstation doo-dang? :lol: Including all of my materials, computer components, controller stuff - hoping for sub-$4K, but not over $5K. The computer aspect will be the most expensive. The thing is once I establish this as my "platform" I can stop this stupid goal-post moving, and my music rig will be segregated from my general purpose activities. Shoehorning a computer into a custom keyboard is almost a psychological trick I'm pulling on myself - it's no longer a computer: it's an integrated workstation - but I expect it to work. I'm probably a fool, but I guess that's something I'll discover myself. I may do this as a "scratch-built/case-mod" over at Bit-Tech forums and see if I can pick up some trolls. :lol:

As far as my current rig goes, the X58 system will remain pretty much as-is other than some updates I hope to do to it. (New case, more HDs, different HSF, possibly more memory, etc.) This keyboard thing will have the new X79 platform inside that's due out in early 2012, most likely an Asus ROG-series motherboard and Intel's Core i7-3930K mid-level, unlocked but-not-extreme 6-core CPU. Probably 16GB memory, a couple of SSDs, one or two big HDs, a slot-loading BD-RE drive for big archival moves, and either a low-profile graphics card (ie. GT430) or a GTX560TI with a 90° PCIe riser card so it'll all fit.

BTW, my controller design is a little less clunky-looking than that big yellow thing I posted. :chug:

Yeah i dont think much of the one you posted, down to the color though.

Ring this company up an tell them to get a move on! i wanna see it :excited:

As for PC, i fancied getting a new upgrade to the i7, i also fancied one of them Corsair 600T cases in white, like everything though i needs funds first.

Also, sorry to hear of your pain matey, nothing i can say or do will make it any better obviously but it sure sounds sucktastic!.

Ragnarok
07-29-2011, 09:27 AM
Hey, nothing you can do about it, so don't worry. :nice: I took a fistful of Aleve (naproxen sodium) and that worked enough to kill the edge. I'm still feeling weird (and as I type this I can feel it getting worse), but nothing like it had been. I was dang near insane with that bone ache and head pain.

I was told to get back on the steroids to work on the associated skin problems with my condition as they seem to be advancing.

I figure as I build the thing in stages I'll get me one of those Lian Li T60 "Pit Stop" test bench-type cases so I have a neat place to put (and test) the hardware until I get all of it into the workstation chassis that I'll build.

http://lian-li.com/v2/tw/product/upload/image/pc-t60/t60-09.jpg

It makes more sense than the Antec Skeleton (never mind that the Skeleton is discontinued :p) because it's truly open, and you can access your components more easily. It's just a better piece of hardware altogether. It and the keybed will probably be the first components I'll buy for my workstation. And after I've installed the computer guts into the workstation's chassis, I'll have a nice diagnostic bench for troubleshooting or building new systems. I only wish that it had the ability to mount up Mini-ITX motherboards, though. Nothing that a drill can't fix. :chug: Silver's kinda cool, but this also comes in black and red - I'm thinking I'll get the black one.

That Corsair 600T "Storm Trooper" case kicks serious backside. I wish that they had a black one configured the same as the white edition. Nice consolation is that I can get that side window/mesh door for the black one direct from Corsair. I wanted one for my current computer, but I've decided to get a Silverstone Raven RV01. (I've already talked about it at length earlier, so I'm not going to repeat myself. :lol:)

THE_JOKER
07-29-2011, 10:28 AM
Aie! i like the Lian Li cases too, pricey though.

Mind you , you get what you pay for right, i still want the 600T myself :drool:

Ragnarok
07-29-2011, 07:46 PM
My biggest beef with Lian Li is their designs are typically too sedate. A lot of them are simple and beautiful, but the rest are either boring or just a little weird. The T60 is utilitarian, but it does so without looking too improvised. How it looks doesn't matter too much in the end - I just need an organized thing to put my stuff in. :p

The T60 is pretty cheap for a Lian Li - $100 normally and NewEgg has them for $80 at the moment. I'm sure it ships in a pretty flat box, which would be pretty cool. The two accessories for the case, an i/o panel and a dual-fan doohickey, aren't included. I don't get why the i/o is omitted. FrozenCPU has the i/o for $25, and the 120mm/140mm fan "rack" for another $30, so those aren't too difficult to get ahold of. They also have the case, but they want $35 more for it than NewEgg. :blink:

There are plenty of other test bench cases out there, and I'm just now looking into them, like the Dimastech EasyHards and the Microcool Banchetto. If I'm not careful, I'll spend a bunch of time building one of my own design and start to miss the point of having a simple bench case entirely. :blink:

Ragnarok
07-29-2011, 09:02 PM
I was just lamenting that the Lian Li T60 didn't have Mini-ITX compatibility. Well, Lian Li makes a test bench case just for Mini-ITX - the T7, which looks like a miniaturized T60. Actually, they have three Mini-ITX bench cases, but I refuse to acknowledge the Spider. Absolutely refuse. It doesn't exist. Nothing so silly could possibly be real.

http://www.lian-li.com/v2/tw/product/T1-b.jpg

:facepalm:

THE_JOKER
07-30-2011, 03:43 AM
For starters, Spiders have 8 legs :lol:

Old Busted Hotness
07-30-2011, 09:09 AM
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=IpuweiODHw4&feature=player_embedded

Ragnarok
07-31-2011, 09:11 AM
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=6RrpGgaT5kk

Ian
07-31-2011, 10:37 AM
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=6RrpGgaT5kk

That's nothing, check it....

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=YwZrJzyh-wM

:D

Oggy
07-31-2011, 11:41 AM
hey guys, i just got back from an archery shoot, and i got my best ever score

i am so happy :Happybounce: :Happybounce: :Happybounce: :Happybounce: :Happybounce: :Happybounce:

Ian
07-31-2011, 11:53 AM
hey guys, i just got back from an archery shoot, and i got my best ever score

i am so happy :Happybounce: :Happybounce: :Happybounce: :Happybounce: :Happybounce: :Happybounce:

Congrats, 3 bulls eyes and a passer by??

Fancy a holiday? We're having a problem with wild cats round our house attacking our 7yr old cat. He's that scared to go outside he's taken to peeing in the house. My carpet cleaner hasn't had so much use!!This passed month he's come in covered in bloody 3 times. I've had to start locking him in the caravan on a night and he sleeps on my chair.

So, what say you? You fancy a furry target?

THE_JOKER
07-31-2011, 12:02 PM
You fancy a furry target?

Where do i sign?

Oggy
07-31-2011, 12:17 PM
Ian i would mate, what's the rate of pay? you want me to bring the bow or gun?

one of our cats has been missing for a week, when we called the rehoming places, we were told there has been a spate of cats going missing in our area, but he's been missing before, so we arn't too worried yet