PDA

View Full Version : between me an rangerboy - OFFICIAL THREAD MISSION STATEMENT POST #253

Pages : 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 51 52 53 54 55 56 57 58 59 60 61 62 [63] 64 65 66 67 68 69 70 71 72 73 74 75 76 77 78 79 80 81 82

Ian
10-04-2011, 03:03 AM
I've not seen him about either. He was wanting to travel to pick a car up though right? Maybe he's away getting it? Hope nothings happened to him, he's a good guy.

THE_JOKER
10-04-2011, 04:34 AM
He was moving house wasnt he?.......probably not set himself up yet maybe?.

FunkyHunk
10-04-2011, 05:14 AM
Let's hope so, I'll shoot him an email later :nice:

Ragnarok
10-04-2011, 10:31 PM
What's the DAMN HOLD UP, Lt. Sobel?!?

New LCD ETA tomorrow evening. Panasonic 32" 1080p IPS HDTV/computer monitor. Pics when I have the time (same goes for the piano). Not much time to do stuff 'cause the homework is too damn high! <ducks back out>

Ian
10-05-2011, 12:51 AM
What's the DAMN HOLD UP, Lt. Sobel?!?

New LCD ETA tomorrow evening. Panasonic 32" 1080p IPS HDTV/computer monitor. Pics when I have the time (same goes for the piano). Not much time to do stuff 'cause the homework is too damn high! <ducks back out>

I think they may have sent your gear to me? Maybe that's my suspicious package! I hope so, i could do with a new TV for the dining room:excited:

The Stray Cat
10-05-2011, 07:08 AM
Morning/Afternoon Fellas! So my Bro in Law bought TF3 Blu Ray yesterday, so I'll be watching it this weekend. I'll give my opinion on it after that.

Ragnarok
10-05-2011, 10:44 AM
I think they may have sent your gear to me? Maybe that's my suspicious package! I hope so, i could do with a new TV for the dining room:excited:

Nope. Tracking info shows it arrived in Los Anchorage at 7:04 last night and left for Palinville at 5:00 this morning. I'll have it between 3:00pm and 9:00pm. UPS tends to deliver residential stuff out here kinda late.

How did your notification come? Via email or an actual document? If it was the former, I'd suspect phishing and there is no package. :blink:

Morning/Afternoon Fellas! So my Bro in Law bought TF3 Blu Ray yesterday, so I'll be watching it this weekend. I'll give my opinion on it after that.

Cool. I'm anxious to read what you thought of it. I iTunes'ed the film score a couple of days ago. It's pretty awesome.

The Stray Cat
10-05-2011, 10:52 AM
How did your notification come? Via email or an actual document? If it was the former, I'd suspect phishing and there is no package. :blink:

This comment maybe a little late, as his bank account was emptied last night.

Cool. I'm anxious to read what you thought of it. I iTunes'ed the film score a couple of days ago. It's pretty awesome.

I'll be watching it this friday and I'll definitely give ya my opinion on it,

Ragnarok
10-05-2011, 10:54 AM
HOLY ****! I hadn't seen that. :eek: I'm so sorry to hear that. :(

EDIT: Just looked at the last several posts in your thread, Ian. Man, I really hope you get it all solved. I used to get phishing crap like that all the time on my old email account.

THE_JOKER
10-05-2011, 12:00 PM

I wont get to see if for another 2 FRICKIN MONTHS!. :facepalm:

lol, i actually picked up TF an TF2 today though, i plan on watching the first tonight :)

The Stray Cat
10-05-2011, 12:16 PM
I really enjoyed most of the first TF movie, the second one got way out there, the robot battles were worth the watch though.

Ragnarok
10-05-2011, 12:44 PM
The first one isn't too bad. TF2 is both better and worse than TF1. I think that outside of the content problems I had (Dev's nuts, Wheelie's leg-humping, and the goofy, pushed-in face of Isabel Lucas, the Decepti-femme) my biggest problem had to do with the timeline. Lemme es'plain.

In TF1, it's easy to assume that the Cybertronian civil war may have happened millions of years ago, yet TF2 describes the schism between the TFs first happened on Earth in 17,000BC? This would mean that the civil war ended long before it ever began. LOLWUT? I think that the notion that TFs had a direct influence on human development is an interesting one, and one they really don't even try to explain but only allude to briefly during the under-deli confab with Simmons (ie. the strange Cybertronian glyphs found on ancient ruins, temples, etc.), but I'm not sure how it would fit with the original timeline of the war that destroyed Cybertron. Probably need a clusterflux-capacitor to figure it out. :blink:

If anything, it almost seems that TF3 ignores a lot of stuff from TF2. It ignores a lot from TF1 for that matter, but I think it ignores more from 2. The only notable carryovers from TF2 that I can think of that are mentioned or shown in TF3 are:
The Matrix of Leadership.
Megatron's ghastly head wound.
Acknowledging Egypt a couple of times, albeit vaguely.
A different girlfriend from who's currently waxing Witwicky's loins, again vaguely. (Now there's a horrible picture. YARR!!!)
The f-word.

There's no mention of "the Twins" (neither the racist-bots, nor Megan's :blink: - and I don't think that's a problem), The Fallen, The Cube (it was mentioned in TF2, but its significance was diminished by The Fallen's emphysema-burnished rant to Megatron), Jolt (probably someone will tell me a comic book will explain where he went, but, frankly, I don't care), or Sam's "contamination" by The Cube. Where he starts doing his The Computer Who Wore Tennis Shoes meets A Beautiful Mind routine, there's some pretty strange stuff that goes down. Listen closely and he even mentions Sentinel Prime then. But there isn't any mention of any of the experience in TF3. I guess it wasn't important to the story. :thinking:

Unrelated but significant, one thing I don't get is Sentinel Prime already has his alt-mode part of him when he's retrieved by Optimus. I thought that would require a visit to Earth in his regular protoform shape (just like every other TF did) and then scan whichever machine "fits."

BTW, I'm not intending to ruin anyone's movie experience - I'm just a pedantic jerk. :lol: These are the things that tend to needle me a little when I watch the TF films. :nice:

I mentioned the key things that I found frustrating about TF2 above (and so many times before) I should mention what I did like about TF2:
Optimus is pretty outmatched and outgunned in TF1, but in TF2 he more than makes up for it.
Ravage's design kicks serious ***!
Like Ed mentioned, the fights themselves were pretty impressive. I do need to say, "poor Ravage," though. I didn't like that.
Although I really didn't like Devastator's reptilian-gorilla design, the combination sequence is pretty incredible.

Wow, I guess it was just those four things.

Ragnarok
10-05-2011, 03:29 PM
Frickin' just got a 38/40 on my first of three literature tests. :confused: The one I got wrong (each ? was worth 2pts) was one of those I knew, but messed up on anyway.

Now I gots ta get mah short story done. :facepalm: Good news is I'm about half-way through. Bad news is it's an unorganized mess. :lolbeat:

Ragnarok
10-05-2011, 04:44 PM
AAAAAAAAHHHHHH!!!!!!

Ragnarok
10-05-2011, 09:35 PM
Aaaaannnd eleven hours later, I'm finally done with my bigassed writing assignment I should have started the first week. No way in Sheboygan am I procrastinating like that again.

Also, my diggy-danged new LCD showed up 20 minutes ago. Gonna spend tonight working on setting it up. I've decided that the problems with this one is indeed the lamp. I crank the backlight way down and it doesn't turn the upstairs into a computer-scented smokehouse.

Ragnarok
10-05-2011, 11:17 PM
For the quintuple post combo...

Got the screen hooked up. Looks KILLER with my PS3. The trouble is with my computer. I don't know if it's an OS issue, a graphics driver or kext issue, or a screen issue. Whatever's happening though, the screen goes black after booting and I have no image. I unplug and then replug the HDMI cable, and my resolution is all kacked. My entire desktop is forced outside the boundaries of the display, and changing resolutions from System Prefs and the LCD itself produces nothing. I don't know what to do now. Can't find my VGA cable to connect it that way (this frigging screen has no DVI) so I'll have to get one of those in the morning. :mad:

And another thing, there's no headphone output on the screen, so no audio out unless I can pull a DA converter out of my butt. I have to use the less-than-mediocre on-board speakers until I either replace my speaker setup with one that has a digital i/f ($$$) or I get an optical SPDIF to analog converter ($$$). Sucktastic. :mad:

Ragnarok
10-06-2011, 12:00 AM
The joy of six…

Found an optical TOSLINK/SPDIF to analog converter for about $25, plus another $7 for a 6' cable, so things are rocking there. I have a 1/8" female to L/R RCA male connector somewhere, but I may buy another tomorrow morning.

Also, can't find my VGA cable, so I'll have to drop the coin on a new one there as well. I know that I will NOT have this resolution/blank screen problem with Windows 7.

The Stray Cat
10-06-2011, 07:08 AM
Good Morning Rag, Ever feel like your talking to yourself? LOL! I have no idea on what to do with your LCD bud, but I can tell you 11 hours for an assignment sucks!

Ragnarok
10-06-2011, 07:13 AM
Good Morning Rag, Ever feel like your talking to yourself? LOL!
All the time, just not normally here. :lol:
I have no idea on what to do with your LCD bud, but I can tell you 11 hours for an assignment sucks!
Regarding the LCD, I think that the downgrade in visual quality (compared to an ideal digital signal, which I'm not getting with this glitch) that VGA will give me is worth it to get my stupid screen to work. To sort out that audio problem I made me a little order to Amazon for that DA converter and an optical cable (but I'm mostly getting books :huh:). The one I'm getting is considered pretty good and cheap. Only complaint seems to be the need for an external PSU. Probably a wall wart. The on-board speakers on this screen sound a lot better than the ones on my old Spamsung, but they still suck big time compared to my el-cheapo-but-still-awesome-sounding Logitech Z-2300 2.1 setup.

Regarding my assignment, I received two very favorable comments on my huge short-story project for my literature class. :blush: Wasn't expecting that. I just wanted to get the danged thing done. :lol:

One person liked the imagery, and both wished there was a part 2. I did write it with the intent on it feeling like it was a small part of a much bigger story. For me that's easier than just writing a beginning, middle, and end with a conclusion, because often I have an idea just big enough that I can't distill it down to 3 or 4 pages. This one ended up being almost six as it was, and there are plenty of areas I know needed serious improvement.

FunkyHunk
10-07-2011, 05:55 AM
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=MidzgU2DrGY
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-_fFI1DV5D4

BADMUTHATrUCKER
10-07-2011, 06:13 AM
:lol: The still of that first video looks like a dude kicking his own head.

I think I have walked past that pub in the first video... down near the water in Olso. Geir wasn't singing out the front though.

FunkyHunk
10-07-2011, 07:17 AM
Maybe you just missed him then? :p

Ragnarok
10-07-2011, 11:37 AM
New screen is a pain in the ***. Looks killer with my PS3, but getting it working with my computer requires twenty minutes of futzing around EVERY TIME I TURN IT ON. Updated my OS to 10.6.8 over night (didn't sleep more than a couple of hours), ran the latest Nvidia graphics drivers for Mac OS X, and still nothing. I spent fifteen minutes writing a Rant Review over at Amazon about this thing (link below). Complete waste of money as far as I'm concerned, and I can't return it.

http://www.amazon.com/Panasonic-VIERA-TC-L32U3-32-Inch-1080p/product-reviews/B004M8SC92/ref=cm_cr_dp_synop?ie=UTF8&showViewpoints=0&sortBy=bySubmissionDateDescending#R2KC7XTLAAGUKC

Ragnarok
10-07-2011, 02:03 PM
Need some help, guys. I'm dealing with a major round of butthurt regarding my freakin damned computer issues. I may have to get a new graphics card, and I'm trying to download the proper Kernel Extensions. Problem is I'm stuck in a loop at the download site. It's a Mediafire file. Anyone care to tell me if their site is kacked or if it's just me?

http://www.mediafire.com/?8dvdbpt20z8ykvl

THE_JOKER
10-07-2011, 02:27 PM
Works for me Rag.

Ragnarok
10-07-2011, 03:07 PM
I could kill someone right now. It's still not working for me. Cookies enabled, Java and Javascript are on. I've been up since 2:00AM this morning trying to get this to work. I'm so fried I don't know what to do any more. :(

Ragnarok
10-07-2011, 04:12 PM
**** OS X. Some irrefutable truths that have enlightened me today.

Running Linux Mint 11 via a live disc. SCREEN WORKS PERFECTLY!!! (Almost. Still gotta unplug and replug, but there are no graphics glitches, text ghosting/haloing, color/brightness issues, or other problems.)
Getting Mac OS X to run on non-Apple hardware is always an exercise in compromises, half-correct measures and "plug and pray." I'm blaming the "Hackintosh condition" and processes for this issue.
If a low-end, generic-y OS like Linux can work this well, I'm going to wager that Windows will also have no problems.
There may still be a chance that this could still be made to work with OS X, but it's going to require a total "teardown" and start over, and be done by someone more accomplished and more intelligent than myself.
The bad thing about all of this is if I burn my bridges now, I have all of my job-related work and other stuff that won't be accessible with Windows programs. This whole thing is mindbreakingly annoying.

New question: Which version of Windows 7 is the best to have: Professional or Ultimate?

FunkyHunk
10-07-2011, 04:38 PM
I use 7 home premium because the price was right. I wasn't going to need pro or ultimate because I have no use for the extra software.
I bought a one-computer licence so when I change the backbone/mobo I have to buy a new licence.
This was actually the first time I bought microsoft software because it was the only one I liked and was willing to pay for.

Spoon37
10-08-2011, 09:35 AM
I'm back... ^_^

How is everyone? :thinking:

I never really got the windows idea of hardware changes = needs a new license or verification... I mean I change hardware regularly, this PC is on its second motherboard due to upgrades rather than failures(althought I have to admit getting windows XP Pro to skip the windows genuine disadvatange crap long enough to install the network card drivers to get online to check the server it wanted so it could find out they no longer do that service was a PITA). I would like to grab windows 7 to take full advantage of the RAM capacity on this motherboard at some point but hopefully one that doesnt mess up just because I changed the hardware configuration at some point in the future.

:banana:

THE_JOKER
10-08-2011, 09:40 AM
How diddly Spoon!. Welcome back :chug:

Ragnarok
10-08-2011, 12:03 PM
I use 7 home premium because the price was right. I wasn't going to need pro or ultimate because I have no use for the extra software.
I bought a one-computer licence so when I change the backbone/mobo I have to buy a new licence.
This was actually the first time I bought microsoft software because it was the only one I liked and was willing to pay for.
I've heard great things about Win7 from a lot of people. I'm wanting to get either Pro or Ult because even though there may be tons of features I'd rarely use, if I ever did need them they'd be there. I'm leaning toward Pro due to its price. I can get the OEM version on eBay (and just about everywhere else) for about $140 + shipping. Seems like a total ripoff when I compare it to what I paid for Snow Leopard ($30!), but the constant app "breaking" that every single new rev of OS X (like going from 10.6.3 to 10.6.4…or 10.6.8 like I did just the other day) and the business model that 10.7 is taking the whole "Mac Society" aren't worth whatever perceived savings I'd gain.

I'm back... ^_^

How is everyone? :thinking:

I never really got the windows idea of hardware changes = needs a new license or verification... I mean I change hardware regularly, this PC is on its second motherboard due to upgrades rather than failures(althought I have to admit getting windows XP Pro to skip the windows genuine disadvatange crap long enough to install the network card drivers to get online to check the server it wanted so it could find out they no longer do that service was a PITA). I would like to grab windows 7 to take full advantage of the RAM capacity on this motherboard at some point but hopefully one that doesnt mess up just because I changed the hardware configuration at some point in the future.

If it weren't for the lack of functional 64-bit support, I'd just go Win XP. (I've heard that Win XP64 blows like a noreaster.) All of the applications I'd be using that either support or require a 64-bit OS would be best run on Win 7.

How diddly Spoon!. Welcome back :chug:

There was no Spoon, but then he came back. :nice: :lolbeat:

An update of sorts. I've gotten my screen to work as it should (QE/CI is working and no other graphics problems, with the exception of a blue mouse pointer instead of black with a gray outline) twice out of the roughly 90 times I've tried in the last 36hrs. One of those two times was this morning, and right now I'm scared to turn off the screen or change inputs at all. :nono:

Also, on my last assignment, which was to be a short story, my instructor said it reminded her of a Steven King novel. Not sure how to take that. I've never read King, ever. :blink: Never even seen movie based on a King novel.

THE_JOKER
10-08-2011, 12:47 PM
Rag, if your writing is reminding someone of Steven King then get writing a novel!! cash in! lol.

In other news...... I just popped to the shop to put a new lottery on only to see what looked like the county's entire police force (2 cars.....kidding i had to) truth be told there must have been about 12+ police cars, i found out from the shop owner that someone ran down the street stabbing himself to death before collapsing?.....but i also heard a police helicopter prior to this, so im guessing the police told someone, who told someone, who told shop owner.......if that be the case then it may be a murder (hence all police cars and heli) and they are just trying to keep the public from panicking as they aint found him/her yet.......dunno......but i do know i need to go back out, as i forgot to pickup my tools :facepalm:

My memory is failing me by the second :(

2012's fault!.

Ragnarok
10-08-2011, 12:51 PM
Holy crap! :blink:

THE_JOKER
10-08-2011, 12:59 PM
Just another day here :lol:

last one (if it was a suicide today) was some chap who had enough, and decided he would jump in front of a freight train at the top of my road.

Sad days for their families!

Right!!!......i better get my tools back, i couldnt help myself and tucked into a ham sarnie :drool:

Have a good one fellas!.

Ragnarok
10-08-2011, 06:06 PM
Wow. Sounds like misery comes in bunches over there. :nono:

Well, since my stay at Hotel Apple-fornia is getting shorter (first one that makes a "you can check out any time you like, but you can never leave!" comment will get a virtual kick in the wherethesundon'tshine), and I did just upgrade to OS X 10.6.8, I thought I'd check out the AppStore. :thinking: There are some interesting programs available there, but it's so much like the iTunes iOS store where 95% of it is just brightly colored crapware. MS is going to do something like it in Windows 8 and I so much wish they wouldn't. As much as I dislike Apple's Marxism-in-Business philosophy, and even though the AppStore is packed with innocuous flotsam, Apple will still handle it infinitely better than that melon-headed baboon Steve Ballmer that's currently in charge at Microsoft and the other knuckle-dragging goons he's surrounded by will.

THE_JOKER
10-09-2011, 03:26 AM
I likes me some FREE apps lol, mind you I'm on an Android device.

Ohh!! I watched Transformers last night.........damn you all for not forcing me to watch it sooner! its an awesome film! I replayed the same scene about 10 times btw (AC-130) I love that gunship :drool:

I really enjoyed the whole film! the mix of action and comedy was great, loved them little evil robots :lol:

Ragnarok
10-09-2011, 10:00 AM
Most of the applications I was looking at were definitely not free. :blink:

Yeah, the gunship was pretty awesome. Watching a real airborne Howitzer in action is unreal. I'd even watch a Bill Pullman/Meg Ryan (vomitous actors both) romantic comedy if it had footage of one. :lol:

Ragnarok
10-09-2011, 10:26 AM
Crapcrapcrapcrapcrapcrap… I found the exact keybed I need to buy (but can't afford) on eBay. :eager: x10 It's used, but it's in great shape, has all of the connections, etc. I'm almost trembling with anxiety. :cryin:

THE_JOKER
10-09-2011, 11:56 AM
lol, the internets are a cruel world Rag.

My advice.....stop looking at it, it will only make the feeling worse :lol:

I just got an e-mail from the FBI, something to do with 2 containers from Iraq, something to do with funding terrorists unknowingly?

Anyways, my name and email was on one of the containers and they want 2 certificates of some sort off me to give me the contents of 5.7 million USD.

Have to say I don't email much, but would certainly remember dealing with the Taliban if i did.

lol, my email address on a container :nono: ........ I was going to reply "Keep it, I still have my 12.9million from the second world war" but it's easier to laugh then delete.

FunkyHunk
10-09-2011, 12:03 PM
I just got an e-mail from the FBI, something to do with 2 containers from Iraq, something to do with funding terrorists unknowingly?

Anyways, my name and email was on one of the containers and they want 2 certificates of some sort off me to give me the contents of 5.7 million USD.

That sounds like the taliban is funding you? :p

Spoon37
10-09-2011, 12:10 PM
Lol Joker, I get alot of spam/weird ones lately but that container spoof takes the biscuit...

Lately I seem to be getting a mixture of "meet (something) singles today"(e.g. meet christian singles today, meet jewish singles today etc...) and "your world of warcraft/runescape account has been hacked/suspended/deleted" (I never played runescape and my wow account has been inactive for months so I dont care even if it has been compromised. :blink:

Most obvious scam I ever got was a similar "your account has been compromised click here to confirm your login details blah blah..." from The Bank of Texas (I live in England...dont have any off-shore accounts).

THE_JOKER
10-09-2011, 12:22 PM
Aie, some of them are an enjoyable read.

I like the "My husband was assassinated and i wish to send you money to look after for me"

Out of everyone in the world she picks me?.....why not a bank?.

Spoon37
10-09-2011, 12:26 PM
Banks aren't that gullible? :lolbeat:

Ragnarok
10-09-2011, 12:40 PM
You guys wanna know where the REAL money's at? Mobile, Alabama.
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=nda_OSWeyn8

Jus' git yo seff a leprowkon, bishes!

THE_JOKER
10-09-2011, 12:40 PM
That sounds like the taliban is funding you? :p

It said it was funds I had "unknowingly" gave the Taliban, and that over time it has amounted to this amount, and so they were now giving it back to me.

worthy of a "wtf" and "lol" either way.

Banks aren't that gullible? :lolbeat:

I dunno Spoon, there's always "Lloyds".

THE_JOKER
10-09-2011, 12:44 PM
You guys wanna know where the REAL money's at? Mobile, Alabama.
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=nda_OSWeyn8

Jus' git yo seff a leprowkon, bishes!

:wacko: :facepalm:

Ragnarok
10-09-2011, 12:45 PM
What'd you think of that awesome, super-detailed character sketch of the leprechaun? :rolling:

FunkyHunk
10-09-2011, 01:16 PM
It said it was funds I had "unknowingly" gave the Taliban, and that over time it has amounted to this amount, and so they were now giving it back to me.

worthy of a "wtf" and "lol" either way.

You said your memory was failing you. They COULD be right, you just don't remember it :p

THE_JOKER
10-09-2011, 01:19 PM
What'd you think of that awesome, super-detailed character sketch of the leprechaun? :rolling:

Could easily be used for a photo ID! lol.

You said your memory was failing you. They COULD be right, you just don't remember it :p

Would explain the missing 5.7 million i guess....huh!....an i thought it was a phone bill, tut, silly me.

:lol:

Ragnarok
10-09-2011, 01:27 PM
Taliban, Taliban, tally me banana.

THE_JOKER
10-09-2011, 01:27 PM
Daylight come an me won go home!.

EDIT: Ooh, what am I doing! I'm supposed to be watching TF2 :excited:

Then only TWO MONTHS! an i can watch number 3 :)

Ragnarok
10-09-2011, 01:48 PM
Speaking of months, I'm looking at that keybed again (just like you told me not to) and saw that it has an ending date 29 days from now. If I can round up the munneh (which isn't that much - it's a third of what a new one would cost, and I'd get it within a week instead of 90 to 120 days) in the next couple of weeks, providing someone else doesn't gank it from me (and that definitely won't be the end of the world), I might could go ahead on and buy that sucka. :excited:

FunkyHunk
10-09-2011, 02:20 PM
Start a donation?
I'll gladly throw a few bucks your way :nice:

THE_JOKER
10-09-2011, 04:24 PM
Well if you got time left on it, and a chance to get it Rag, then ignore what I said :lol: go for it buddeh!.

Just got back from a damsel in distress....*sigh*......SO!.

Transformers 2....try again!.

Night peeps!.

Ragnarok
10-09-2011, 05:13 PM
Start a donation?
I'll gladly throw a few bucks your way :nice:
Naw, I can't do that. :blush: As flattered as I am, I'd feel like I was panhandling, and that's not fair to you guys. Longterm, I have work that will be completed in the next three/four weeks (maybe) and I might get enough from that. Short term, I have other stuff I can do to generate the funds. :nice:
Well if you got time left on it, and a chance to get it Rag, then ignore what I said :lol: go for it buddeh!.

Just got back from a damsel in distress....*sigh*......SO!.

Transformers 2....try again!.

Night peeps!.
Let us know what you think of TF2. :nice:

THE_JOKER
10-10-2011, 02:25 AM
TF2 was awesome :D

Those two dumb robots (twins) were a hoot!.

FunkyHunk
10-10-2011, 05:50 AM
Oh boy, yesterday we had the first day below freezing.
My feet started immediately to freeze when I saw the snow on the mountaintops, so I found my wool socks, and put them on.
Problem solved :)

I am NOT looking forward to winter.
Except if we got so much snow that the roads close and I have to use the track kit on my quad to get around :p

Too bad though we don't get any good amount of snow until the middle of December.
How's the winter coming along where you guys live?

Spoon37
10-10-2011, 05:55 AM
Well in Inverness it was heading towards winter, snow on the cairngorms on our last day and a biting cold wind that made the 10 C ambient seem like freezing, down in the midlands its much milder but still colder than last week.

Guess the pollution gases/particles keep the midlands warm ^_^

Just been out for a brisk walk, and found its rather windy atm though so it doesnt feel too warm outside unless your pretty sheltered.

The Stray Cat
10-10-2011, 07:21 AM
Hey guys How's everyone doing?

Welcome back Spoon!

The weather here is crazy for OCtober, we had 80 degrees for the last three days. Its been warmer in Oct than it was in August and Spetember.

I finally TF3 Saturday night and I will say this, it puts TF 1 & 2 to shame. I think one of the best parts of the movie is the human factor has been scaled way back. Not so much bad dialogue as the first two. The RObots are even better in this one.

I like that the majority of the continuity in this one is independent of the first two.

I have one question, did someone make a promise to John Malkovich about being in this movie, he served no purpose to the film what so ever.

Shock wave was cool if not a little overdone, SOrry Rag, I know you were excited about him being in this one.

Megatron was great in this.

I really liked the two autobots that were the race cars.

My favorite part of the entire film was probably the first 15 minutes. Where the show the footage of the old moon landing and the circumstances surrounding it.

pardonmyn00b
10-10-2011, 07:21 AM
I think today is going to be our last 80 degree day. I better go out and enjoy it shouldn't I?

FunkyHunk
10-10-2011, 07:33 AM
You should. It has been a few months since we had 80 degrees, and I regret not enjoying it more :p

The Stray Cat
10-10-2011, 07:50 AM
I think today is going to be our last 80 degree day. I better go out and enjoy it shouldn't I?

Yep Richie get out and ride that bike, look at the beautiful changing trees, and enjoy the warmth. What you're getting tomorrow we're getting the following day. The by the weeknd cold and wet.

I went for a nice walk with my family Saturday and took some nice pics of the trees, I'll post them up later tonight.

pardonmyn00b
10-10-2011, 07:56 AM
Yep Richie get out and ride that bike, look at the beautiful changing trees, and enjoy the warmth. What you're getting tomorrow we're getting the following day. The by the weeknd cold and wet.

I went for a nice walk with my family Saturday and took some nice pics of the trees, I'll post them up later tonight.

Yeah, I probably should. Tomorrow is going to be 74 and sunny, then here comes the seasonal weather. I'm going down south on Friday so hopefully I can extend my warm weather experience. :excited:

The Stray Cat
10-10-2011, 08:18 AM
With all the rain from that storm in the South it should be pretty wet this weekend. Atr least it is still warm.

Ragnarok
10-10-2011, 09:16 AM
TF2 was awesome :D

Those two dumb robots (twins) were a hoot!.
I don't know. Their faces looked like Spielberg's Gremlins after they'd been worked over with a food processor and a hammer. I also thought they were a bit racist in their appearance and demeanor. I'll admit they were kinda funny when Devastator tried to ingest them. :lolbeat:

Oh boy, yesterday we had the first day below freezing.
My feet started immediately to freeze when I saw the snow on the mountaintops, so I found my wool socks, and put them on.
Problem solved :)
We've been freezing for the last few weeks. :blink:

I am NOT looking forward to winter.
Neither am I. :(

Except if we got so much snow that the roads close and I have to use the track kit on my quad to get around :p
There are people up here in Wasilla that go to work on their four wheelers in summer and their snowmachines in winter. On the main roads. With real cars and other vehicles. :blink: Rednecks and Tundra Wookies of the Arctic, UNITE!!!
:facepalm:

Too bad though we don't get any good amount of snow until the middle of December.
How's the winter coming along where you guys live?
We'll have it before the end of the month. In 2008, we had snow the 3rd or 4th of October. I remember one year it snowed in September.

Saw a bumper sticker a while back that said: Alaskans for Global Warming. I can't help but ask where I can sign up myself. Why is it that all of these enviromaniac goons run around, ****ing themselves over "global warming" and never consider the positive effects it might have?

I finally TF3 Saturday night and I will say this, it puts TF 1 & 2 to shame. I think one of the best parts of the movie is the human factor has been scaled way back. Not so much bad dialogue as the first two. The RObots are even better in this one.
I still think that TF character development got shelved too often when they had opportunities to do otherwise. Although I do appreciate that Wheelie is nowhere near as aggravating as he was in TF2, and his bro Brains wasn't the stupid freak he could have been.

I like that the majority of the continuity in this one is independent of the first two.
This was one thing I actually thought was a negative, but the thing is TF2 broke so much continuity with TF1 with the "Cybertronian War starting millions of years after it ended" dissertation I posted a few pages back, TF3's deviation wasn't that bad. It fit more with TF1 than TF2. They painted themselves into a corner on that one.

I have one question, did someone make a promise to John Malkovich about being in this movie, he served no purpose to the film what so ever.
I figure it has something to do with Malkovich having some kind of a cult following. The only purpose he served was adding some sort of character variety in the "casting landscape," as well as a necessary link in Dempsey's supposed scheme to get closer to Twitwicky.

Shock wave was cool if not a little overdone, SOrry Rag, I know you were excited about him being in this one.
I thought his character design was perfect, but threat-wise to the good guys, he was nothing but an underplayed, giant purple alien Davy Jones with a pet building-eating, mechanical Kracken (Driller). Listen to him in the scene at Chernobyl when he confronts Optimus - it's Frank Welker…and he's doing his old Megatron voice. It's kinda cool. :nice:

Megatron was great in this.
I agree, but I could'a used more. :chug:
http://hvx-rc.com/forumstuff/emo/emo-tfmegatrondammit.gif

I really liked the two autobots that were the race cars. There were three. :p :lol: They were definitely interesting. In bot-mode they looked like NASCAR-trash but sounded like a bunch of soccer hooligans. :lol: One or two of them were voiced by John DiMaggio (Bender from Futurama).

One of the things I noticed in this was the TFs didn't have "built in" or "anatomical" firearms, with the exception of Bumblebee. Watch the first one and everyone that's got a weapon has it as part of their body, with maybe only Optimus being the exception. A notable example: Megatron's weapon in TF3 wasn't his arm (TF2) or part of him that transformed from his arms (TF1), it was like a big sawn-off shotgun that he wore on his back. This isn't necessarily a bad thing, but it's kinda strange. I guess it was one way to work in the irony of the final death in the film. (No spoilers, so I won't go into any details.)

The Stray Cat
10-10-2011, 09:27 AM
I agree that I could've used more Megatron, and how he reminded me of a bruding, loathing sub mariner at the end before he rejoined the battle.

Yes there were three of the autobots racecars, but only two of them really made me go "Sweet!"

I really did like the non-anatomical weapons, when I was a kid that's how the transformers were.

I was happy that they limited the mom and dad crap to almost zero.

Yes the continuity thing I enjoyed was because they messed it up so badly in TF2 that it broke the entire story line. So this one being mostly independent was a good thing.

I do agree they only hinted at the development of the characters. They could've gone so much deeper. The opening sequence even says we were a race of mechanical beings, giving them some depth and humanistic characteristics, then they just droped it from there, other than Optimus having a few moments of humanity.

FunkyHunk
10-10-2011, 10:07 AM
in Wasilla that go to work on their four wheelers in summer and their snowmachines in winter. On the main roads. With real cars and other vehicles. :blink: Rednecks and Tundra Wookies of the Arctic, UNITE!!!
:facepalm:

Sounds like my kind of place :nice:

Saw a bumper sticker a while back that said: Alaskans for Global Warming. I can't help but ask where I can sign up myself. Why is it that all of these enviromaniac goons run around, ****ing themselves over "global warming" and never consider the positive effects it might have?

I am too for global warming. This summer we had the warmest summer in 40 years or something, and a good not very long winter.
I'm not going to do anything to help against global warming, before they stop volcanoes erupting.

That volcano in Iceland that erupted recently spewed out enough carbon monoxide to undo all of the efforts in stopping pollution that had been done the last 50 years or so. In ONE DAY!

So, I'm still going to run my Mustang on premium unleaded, and have NO inclination to buy a hybrid car or anything environmentally friendly for a LONG time.
The earth moves in cycles, get over it!

Spoon37
10-10-2011, 01:57 PM
In a different theme yet staying with films - I've just got and watched "Senna" on DVD...

I will add the caveat that he died before I really got into F1, so alot of the well known footage was fairly new to me, but I really enjoyed watching it - amazing insight into Aryton Senna's life and career.

I'm not sure it would appeal to everyone, but if you have any interest in motorsports of any kind its well worth picking up.

Ian
10-11-2011, 03:05 AM
In a different theme yet staying with films - I've just got and watched "Senna" on DVD...

I will add the caveat that he died before I really got into F1, so alot of the well known footage was fairly new to me, but I really enjoyed watching it - amazing insight into Aryton Senna's life and career.

I'm not sure it would appeal to everyone, but if you have any interest in motorsports of any kind its well worth picking up.

I saw that advertised on Box office last night, but i would rather own it on DVD to keep. I watched Thor instead, but i will certainly be getting Senna on DVD as soon as possible.

Ragnarok
10-11-2011, 10:25 AM
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=xuR3wSKeNOc

Not digging the Hulk design. It's only a flash-by, but so far I'm unstoked. :rolleyes:

By the way, guys, this is a real, official trailer; not some pants-wetting, mascara-running, limp-wristed fanboy concoction with home video footage of action figures in construction paper dioramas, clips from old super hero cartoons, and music from Sailor Moon. :nice:

THE_JOKER
10-11-2011, 10:30 AM
I thought the more recent version of hulk was the best, cant be sure on this one till a better image is available imo.

Certainly looks a high action/budget movie! :excited:

Ragnarok
10-11-2011, 10:34 AM
I definitely preferred the last Hulk, too. The giant constipated baby/water balloon design of the first was insipid and insulting.

With all of the explosions at the beginning I was wondering if Michael Bay had been brought in as a consultant. :eek:

:awesome: <-- Like the new emoticon I jus' added? :rolling:

The Stray Cat
10-11-2011, 10:53 AM
Nice emoticon Rag! LOL

As far as the hulk goes I think this is just the early models before they are actually fleshed out. I saw a clip of HULK 2 that looked bad in the beginning and found out it was just the early computer models.

THE_JOKER
10-11-2011, 10:57 AM
lol nice emoticon

:awesome: :shoot:

Spoon37
10-11-2011, 11:36 AM
:awesome: emoticon Rag :nice:

FunkyHunk
10-11-2011, 07:07 PM
You should add this one, just because it's funny :p

http://i89.photobucket.com/albums/k205/funkyhunk/Anim/e06644089478d848651231f6cee172e2.gif

Or the classic "headbanging when making a fire"-animation :p

http://i89.photobucket.com/albums/k205/funkyhunk/Anim/headbanging-while-making-a-fire.gif

Ragnarok
10-11-2011, 07:43 PM
:p They're too big - pixel-wise and data-wise. It takes me five minutes just to load 'em. BTW, the guy in the first one is channelling a lot of Ric Flair! WOOOOOOOO!

Ragnarok
10-11-2011, 10:40 PM
Just watched the first two episodes of Tim Allen's new sit-com, Last Man Standing. Pretty forgettable, but it has promise.

He's a traveling catalog rep for an outdoor/sporting goods shop called Outdoor Man. He gets back from a trip to Alaska (and he didn't even stop and say "hi" :mad:) and finds out the head of the company is shutting down the catalog because of this new-fangled thing the kids are all talking about called "The Internet" or something. (His boss is played by Hector Elizando, BTW.) So, now he's put in charge of getting the website up to par, and as he's reviewing/presenting a crossbow, he goes off on one of his rants, and thus his new schtick is born. It's actually a pretty good thing and serves the same purpose as his interaction with the "audience" of Tool Time: it breaks up the rest of the show in an entertaining manner and acts as a forum for the philosopher to ask the stars "Why?"…or in this case, "What the hell?"

Family component: wife who so far is mostly forgettable and played by the gal that replaced the nice-looking tall brunette that ran the cafe on Becker, and three daughters. One's a maybe-19-year-old single mom that got pregnant at her Sr. prom (there's a great example for da childrens); middle one's a typical narcissistic 17-year-old that's overly emotional, has a vlog about how tyrannical her father is, and only reinforces the notion that all teenagers are parasitic, money-sucking, self-indulgent entitlement monkeys; and the last is about middle-school age that's a slightly world-weary tomboy that can't relate to her older sisters and has the potential of most likely to get along with a dad that's grossly outnumbered.

The first episode was pretty crude. Mike (Tim) walks into the sporting goods store and revels in how it's free of femininity and he's finally back in his element. He then says, "It smells like balls in here." Of course he means metaphorically, but regardless of how it's intended, it's still repulsive. There were others, but that was the one I remembered vividly.

(He does have a VERY sweet 50's vintage truck, though. So the hot-rod element is in there under the surface. ;))

Second episode was quite a bit better, but rather inconsequential. The first few episodes of Home Improvement weren't that great either, but they definitely got better. Hopefully this show will too. If it does it'll be the first current TV show I'll have watched since Everybody Loves Raymond. If not, then I'll just go back to trying to get my homework done early for the next week(s). As a rule, I hate television. It's a flagrant waste of my time full of crap I don't agree with ethically/morally, and so much of it is either too risqué or derivative. I just get sick of it. If this show can keep the vulgarity to a minimum and actually innovate then I'm all for it.

Stonedog38
10-12-2011, 04:07 AM
I thought the first home improvement episodes were good and then it got worse. It became more of a male bashing show with the wife getting more screen time.

Ragnarok
10-12-2011, 08:19 AM
I thought the show got far better, with more meaningful character development, and production eventually getting rid of Pamela Anderson. "Heidi" was infinitely more awesome. :wub: (Plus she had functional and genuine acting skills.) I agree that so much of it eventually boiled down to a battle between extremist feminism and caveman chauvinism, but you had a lot of that in the very first episode. (Like…blowing up the dishwasher.) There were so many figurative "hammer, meet test¡cles" encounters that it did grow really tiresome, but there were still lots of shows between the gender wars, and I think some of the best episodes came in the final season when the middle kid quit the show (I hated him once he became the "Lisa Simpson" of the show - he even had a picture of Karl Marx on his wall when he was older), the oldest n' youngest siblings started getting along (the youngest one also quit being an emo/goth/vampire fag), and Tim is having irreconcilable problems with the new management at Binford.

It took a very, very long time for Tim to be right and Jill to be wrong about something. They already got there in the second episode of Last Man Standing, so I'm not sure that the same "bra burner vs. knuckle dragger" dynamic will prevail in this one. Tim simply having an entire family of girls that he's unable to relate with (here would be the gender component) is a little different.

Ragnarok
10-12-2011, 08:45 AM
I should note, I picked up the Transformers 3 film score on iTunes on the first of this month. (So far iTunes is the only place you can get it.) I haven't had a real chance to listen to it until last night. It's awesome! :awesome:

There are a lot more synthesizer/electronic sounds in this than in the previous two. I can't say, "buy this track" or "buy that track" - the whole album is very consistent. One interesting thing is the final track, "Our Final Hope," brings in a completely new theme that I didn't hear anywhere else in the film. I originally noticed this when I watched the film the first time. Normally composers don't do that. End pieces tend to be something of a summary of the main theme(s) that were presented earlier.

ColberZ
10-12-2011, 02:58 PM
Holy balls... You guys sure know how to keep a thread started by a dumba$$ alive!! Hows everyone been?

Ragnarok
10-12-2011, 03:04 PM
I've been uploading emoticons that go BOOM! :awesome:

FunkyHunk
10-12-2011, 05:03 PM
I chopped up a truck full of firewood today.
Not the truck, just the wood it was full of.

oldskoolmini
10-12-2011, 06:49 PM
Holy balls... You guys sure know how to keep a thread started by a dumba$$ alive!! Hows everyone been?

been getting more awesome by the minute over here.:awesome:

pardonmyn00b
10-12-2011, 08:53 PM
I chopped up a truck full of firewood today.
Not the truck, just the wood it was full of.
Ha!

The Stray Cat
10-12-2011, 10:37 PM
Who the hell let that Colby kid in??:chug:

ColberZ
10-12-2011, 10:39 PM
Haha dang, i forgot you were the stray cat over here Ed! Whatsup!?

The Stray Cat
10-12-2011, 10:45 PM
Haha dang, i forgot you were the stray cat over here Ed! Whatsup!?

Not much bro, I just switched my name over here a couple months ago. I'd switch it on RCC but I don't participate over there enough to make it worth it.

primus2010
10-13-2011, 06:21 AM
Mornin' all, been a while since I poked my head in here, or anywhere on the site really. Working full time these days really takes a toll on your hobby time :blink:

The Stray Cat
10-13-2011, 07:11 AM
Mornin' all, been a while since I poked my head in here, or anywhere on the site really. Working full time these days really takes a toll on your hobby time :blink:

Damn jobs will kill hobby time real fast! Good to hear you actually got full time though!:chug:

primus2010
10-13-2011, 07:22 AM
Damn jobs will kill hobby time real fast! Good to hear you actually got full time though!:chug:

I've been trying to make as much time for the hobbies as possible, but I just keep taking on too many projects lol. Sold my VW crawler, and decided to throw the mini 70 Ford back together, never finished that, then I started my Revo conversion, and that needs parts now lol.

Between all that I've been building a small block 327 for my drag car project, finished the top loader four speed for it (yes a Ford transmission for a Chevy engine :D) and I've been building on my 390 Ford for my pickup so I can get that squared away.

And to top it all off I bought a Wraith kit from RPP this morning :facepalm:

The Stray Cat
10-13-2011, 07:25 AM
I've been trying to make as much time for the hobbies as possible, but I just keep taking on too many projects lol. Sold my VW crawler, and decided to throw the mini 70 Ford back together, never finished that, then I started my Revo conversion, and that needs parts now lol.

Between all that I've been building a small block 327 for my drag car project, finished the top loader four speed for it (yes a Ford transmission for a Chevy engine :D) and I've been building on my 390 Ford for my pickup so I can get that squared away.

And to top it all off I bought a Wraith kit from RPP this morning :facepalm:

You do know that too many projects can cause anxiety and stress right?:p

How's the rat rod drag car coming along?

primus2010
10-13-2011, 07:32 AM
You do know that too many projects can cause anxiety and stress right?:p

How's the rat rod drag car coming along?

Haven't gotten far with the body work yet, last I left it I had the trans tunnel cut out, but just the minimum amount, haven't mocked up the top loader yet. I picked up a virgin block 327 about a month ago for the awesome price of free....yes free :D

It's a high nickel motor, 1962, came out of a sedan of some sort, 330 hp. To top it off I discovered a nice forged steel crank hiding within, so I sent it in to be turned, polished, and magna-fluxed. Just got the cam shaft for it, now I need new rods and pistons. Not sure what I'm going to do for heads yet, I have some camel back 1.94's on it right now, but I'm wanting more flow.

Waiting on a call from a friend in California, he is in the process of narrowing a Ford 9 inch for me, lopping 14 inches off of it to make it fit. It's sad when a stock 9 inch is about .5 inches wider than your car. Once the rear end comes in I will begin fabbing up a straight axle for the front, hoping to start getting it into a roller as the snow starts to fly.

MojaveMonster
10-13-2011, 08:42 AM
She said Yes!

http://tapatalk.com/mu/aefe228f-f75e-263c.jpg

Too many projects IS alot of stress. Its causing me to look for other work. Im tired of working 5 days just to have 2 off. I don't even think four tens would work for me. I need like two 20's with 5 days off so I can live for myself and not my employer.

The Stray Cat
10-13-2011, 08:52 AM
She said Yes!

http://tapatalk.com/mu/aefe228f-f75e-263c.jpg

Tell her were sorry!

J/K brother, congratulations!:chug:

Spoon37
10-13-2011, 10:11 AM
Congratulations MojaveMonster!

is this a bad time to announce our new giggity emoticon? :giggity:

The Stray Cat
10-13-2011, 11:22 AM
I'm sure MM is giggity so it's fitting!

MojaveMonster
10-13-2011, 11:28 AM
Lol. The first ring I liked was only $700 but I kinda want to get that Losi 5ive but I knew she would have my *** if my toy cost more than her ring so I had to bump it up. Good thing I got financed.

Thank You Fellas!
Time to work on a baby but her tubes are tied so I guess I gotta try harder, right?

The Stray Cat
10-13-2011, 11:34 AM
Lol. The first ring I liked was only $700 but I kinda want to get that Losi 5ive but I knew she would have my *** if my toy cost more than her ring so I had to bump it up. Good thing I got financed.

Thank You Fellas!
Time to work on a baby but her tubes are tied so I guess I gotta try harder, right?

That or knock up her sister!:facepalm:

MojaveMonster
10-13-2011, 12:43 PM
Lmao. Yeah her sister is about 10 years younger too. Now where's that giggity.

The Stray Cat
10-13-2011, 01:36 PM
Lmao. Yeah her sister is about 10 years younger too. Now where's that giggity.

:giggity::giggity::giggity::giggity::giggity:

pardonmyn00b
10-13-2011, 03:35 PM
:give::give::give::give::give::give:

FunkyHunk
10-13-2011, 07:02 PM
Ragnarok: I saw the season 15 episode 9 of south park today, and I thought of you instantly, so I had to upload it to youtube for your enjoyment :p

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=95K-OOzeSYs

:awesome:

Ragnarok
10-13-2011, 11:39 PM
Shelley: It seems in your anger, you forgot Mexicans raked your yard.

Randy: NNNNNNNNNOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO!!!! !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

http://hvx-rc.com/forumstuff/ani/ani-hahamexico.gif
Like the picture above, I found that clip both disturbing and hilarious at the same time. :blink:

Spoon37
10-14-2011, 03:47 AM
:lol: awesome clip :chug:

in the words of a well known meme(albeit not the main part): How are you gentlemen? ^_^

:tea:

FunkyHunk
10-14-2011, 03:48 AM
I find the use of that gif you posted strangely compelling :p

LondonF350
10-14-2011, 12:46 PM
What's happening fellas??? :chug:

Did I miss much??? :dunno:

The Stray Cat
10-14-2011, 12:54 PM
Hey Leo,Nothing really too exciting, how you been Mate? It's been the usual day to day nonsense here.

LondonF350
10-14-2011, 01:11 PM
Hmmm, someone's been changing names again!!!

I've been OK, just busy really. Don't got no RC's no more either!! :(

spankrjs
10-14-2011, 01:25 PM
Hmmm, someone's been changing names again!!!

I've been OK, just busy really. Don't got no RC's no more either!! :(

The part about "not having any more RC's" doesn't sound good, sorry to hear that:(

LondonF350
10-14-2011, 02:09 PM
The part about "not having any more RC's" doesn't sound good, sorry to hear that:(

That's OK, they went to a good home!! :beer&buddy:

The Stray Cat
10-14-2011, 02:44 PM
The missus didn't make you do it, did she?

LondonF350
10-14-2011, 03:09 PM
The missus didn't make you do it, did she?

No.... she went before the RC's did!!! :lolbeat:

FunkyHunk
10-14-2011, 05:08 PM
Ok, this is getting scary:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=8BLzMCiR0G4

THE_JOKER
10-15-2011, 03:07 AM
Well "Bunraku" sucks.

@Mojave....Congrats fella!! best wishes to the both of ya! :chug:

@Leo.....Hey bud, hope your well!, glad to see you about :chug:

@Funky......wth was that?.

Spoon37
10-15-2011, 06:21 AM
lol thats kinda weird...dude: "Siri, I love you" iphone4S: "Oh, stop." :lolbeat:

FunkyHunk
10-15-2011, 07:21 AM
Well "Bunraku" sucks.

@Mojave....Congrats fella!! best wishes to the both of ya! :chug:

@Leo.....Hey bud, hope your well!, glad to see you about :chug:

@Funky......wth was that?.

That was the new virtual assistant that will come with the new Iphone 4gs.
That has some potential to work. Apple is Maybe the first company to make good voice recognition software by the looks of it.

FunkyHunk
10-17-2011, 02:04 AM
Oh my, it seems my last post stopped the thread from expanding.
I will remedy this with a picture.

It seems like 2froo4u has gotten himself a facebook account:

http://i89.photobucket.com/albums/k205/funkyhunk/Funny/new_collection_of_640_60.jpg

Discuss.

Spoon37
10-17-2011, 05:11 AM
:rofl: can't be froo though theres no gravy doorknobs or buttered elbows...

THE_JOKER
10-17-2011, 05:23 AM
Or Geese.

Spoon37
10-17-2011, 05:27 AM
I wonder if you can get an iPhone app that helps you talk like froo? :dunno:

you know like I type in or say "Hello, how are you?" and it translates at "canon! what also is way of things?! :rant: "

THE_JOKER
10-17-2011, 05:55 AM
I dont think any computer processor has the power to do that Spoon, its beyond possible lol.

FunkyHunk
10-17-2011, 06:38 AM
Yep, they would have had to implement fuzzy logic for that to happen.

THE_JOKER
10-17-2011, 07:13 AM

BADMUTHATrUCKER
10-17-2011, 07:16 AM
canon! what also is way of things?! :rant:

Sandoz, shrimp milkshakes are on the fence, twin dip snozzleberries fracas toonips.

Dickle Stinkfinger P.I.
10-17-2011, 07:23 AM
Fnert, say I.

Spoon37
10-17-2011, 07:28 AM
Sandoz, shrimp milkshakes are on the fence, twin dip snozzleberries fracas toonips.

chemical affirmative? doorknob or knib? when random turnips are also sideways things looking are up! tuesday.

Oh hey Dickle...havent seen you for a while... :wave:

Dickle Stinkfinger P.I.
10-17-2011, 07:53 AM
But I've seen you :giggity:

Bracketry and sidebumps are pleasing to my quibblesnap.

BADMUTHATrUCKER
10-17-2011, 07:55 AM
Hmmm. He does that much better than I do.

THE_JOKER
10-17-2011, 08:45 AM
There goes the last remaining digit of my IQ.

Spoon37
10-17-2011, 08:52 AM

its not hard just mix a bunch of random words/foods then speak them like yoda! :lolbeat:

THE_JOKER
10-17-2011, 09:08 AM
Mixing kinda is words fun?

Nope, IQ is now in the negatives.

I wonder what his English exam paper looked like?

The Stray Cat
10-17-2011, 09:13 AM
Morning fellas and afternoon for you UK and AUS gents.

Not to change the subject from the fascinating Froo Speak but I finally saw Thor over the weekend. I will honestly say I was pleasantly surprised in the films quality. It was the greatest film ever but it was a hell of a lot better than I had expected. Hemsworth did a good job as Thor I think and I like Jeremy Renner stepping in prefacing his role as Hawkeye. Natalie Bore-man of course was her normal I dont know how to express emotions self. I definately liked the parts that took place in Asgard and really liked the link between the fables and stories and how it real is Thor. The Gate Keeper was also pretty coo along with the flame throwing robot who's name escapes me currently.

THE_JOKER
10-17-2011, 10:33 AM
I forget its name, but I liked that metal guardian myself! (one that opens his helmet to fire weapon), I could watch a whole film dedicated to that thing lol.

I noticed the actor who played "Punisher" in there too.

The Stray Cat
10-17-2011, 10:45 AM
Yes Ray Stevenson played the Punisher in small budet film. I like him as an actor, he's been type cast into adventure/comic flicks but still he's cool.

The Frost Giants were pretty cool too, although theymust be pretty weak since Odin took their box; THor kicked their butts!

Ragnarok
10-17-2011, 11:07 AM
The metal Asgardian automaton was called Destroyer. :nice:

THE_JOKER
10-17-2011, 11:19 AM
Perfect name for it!.

Ragnarok
10-17-2011, 11:20 AM
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=72bKngp3SXI

http://hvx-rc.com/forumstuff/emo/emo-bigshock.gif

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=YSffihqYqjI

The Stray Cat
10-17-2011, 11:41 AM
the guy that played portman's boss or whatever is the guy i wished they would've placed as odin, Stellan Skarsgard. Here he is in 2004's KIng Arthur as Cerdic, the Saxon leader of the European invasion.
http://i663.photobucket.com/albums/uu359/elkozak73/Stella-Skarsgard-as-Cerdic.jpg
Here he is as Hrothgar in a movie called Beowul & Grendel which also starred Gerreard Butler of 300 as Beowulf.
http://i663.photobucket.com/albums/uu359/elkozak73/400full.jpg

Ragnarok
10-17-2011, 11:57 AM
Also Bootstrap Bill in Pirates of the Caribbean 2 n' 3; the Soviet sub commander that was sent out to take out Sean Connery in The Hunt for Red October; and the guy that had eyes tattooed on his wherethesundon'tshine in Mama Mia. :blink: I hated that stupid movie. :mad: The only musical I have ever enjoyed was Fiddler on the Roof.

As apprehensive I was about Anthony Hopkins playing Odin, I was actually very pleased after watching it. The scene where he casts Thor out and banishes him to Earth was what convinced me that he was the right guy. He doesn't have the appropriate physical presence on his own, but, like Michael Keaton before him, his costume can compensate for whatever he lacks in physical appearance. My little brother who's studied the Poetic Edda pretty heavily wanted to see Sam Elliot as Odin when he first heard about the movie. :huh: He said he was still impressed with the movie as it was after he saw it, though.

In actuality, the only casting I think was mishandled was NaPo and Kat Dennings. One was wooden, non-dimensional and uninspiring, and the other was hollow-minded hipster-trash that ultimately ended up being Jar Jar with lipstick.

Ragnarok
10-17-2011, 12:19 PM
Transformers 4? LOLWUT?!? (http://collider.com/transformers-4-news-micronauts-movie/120848/)

The Stray Cat
10-17-2011, 12:40 PM
@RAG, I agree Hopkins did do a good job and his costume definitely helped his case. I think all of the movie that took place in Asgard was excellent!

Yes NaPo and Kat were pointless and you can add renee russo to that list also.

Ragnarok
10-17-2011, 01:03 PM
I thought Reneé was okay as Thor's mom (Frigga). She wasn't really important, but she fit in just fine. The BluRay version has three deleted scenes that show she originally had a little more presence in the movie (maybe the DVD version does, too - I dunno). But I can see why they had cut those scenes. The story's flow and timing would have labored on a bit too much, and most of those scenes were really unnecessary anyway.

By the way…I'm downloading that Animoog iPad synth program. It's only a buck right now (its regular price will be $25…which is still a steal). I don't have an iPad, but I anticipate I will at some point. Probably wait for rev 3 next spring. Regardless of what OS I'll be running for my music stuff, software developers are making the iPad dang-near compulsory. :huh: In the case of Omnisphere, it's almost as necessary as a mouse.

Ragnarok
10-17-2011, 01:10 PM
Oh, and…

https://fbcdn-sphotos-a.akamaihd.net/hphotos-ak-ash4/313263_2587935737493_1227553922_33198604_152941132 7_n.jpg

FunkyHunk
10-17-2011, 01:38 PM
What to do next?
I just finished Fallout New Vegas (PC), and I don't have any new games to play.

If Rockstar would get off their behinds and make Red Dead Redemption for PC I would be pretty happy.

I like long FPS RPG's like the Oblivion and fallout series.
I used more than 35 hours by going through the main story of New Vegas.
Maybe I'll check out the expansion packs to NV.

Suggestions anyone?

The Stray Cat
10-17-2011, 01:38 PM
Good one Rag! Funny I just Watched part of Mystic River with bacon in it last night. It was actually a decent flick I had never seen before.

Ragnarok
10-17-2011, 02:05 PM
You can take my hope, you can take my cash - you can even take my jobs…by damnhell, don't take my bacon! :mad: Where's my Braveheart warpaint? :lol:

Funky…looks like you need another PS3.

Spoon37
10-17-2011, 02:25 PM
What to do next?

If Rockstar would get off their behinds and make Red Dead Redemption for PC I would be pretty happy.

Suggestions anyone?

Depends what you like in the way of games - I'm personally between MMO's, waiting patiently for Star Wars the Old republic(out 20th Dec 2011), looking into other options, exhausted WoW to the point I dont even want to go back, Played rift ends up feeling a bit too much like WoW after a bit, Aion isnt really my cup of tea, DCUO crapped the hell out on my system/connection such that I see animations that have happened already rather than stuff that is happening... *sigh*

problem is since I got used to MMO games I cant really get on well with single player games anymore, I blitzed Mafia II in 3 days flat(about 12 hours played...ffs!), I cleared most of Fable III in a week(cant even seem to replay making different moral choices which sucks! its like one playthrough only), I grabbed borderlands and got bored quickly....

Now I'm considering getting something like KOTOR II or Dragon Age/II as they are bioware games like SWtoR and might give some insight into stats & companion system, but I'm worried I'll clear any of them in about a week...:facepalm:

I've been looking into free to play MMO's but I may have the same issue as with Rift, hard to have enthusiasm for a character thats going to get abandoned the second I go over to SWtoR, other problem is alot of free to play stuff is micro-transaction heavy so like theres no subscription but if you want boosted xp for faster levelling or to get consumables like healing potions you have to get out your credit card...:facepalm:

That said theres alot of cool stuff coming out soon(or already out) on PC, Batman Arkham City, Battlefield 3, ME3, Elder scrolls V: Skyrim etc...

BADMUTHATrUCKER
10-17-2011, 03:50 PM
I still haven't seen Thor, but it looks like they have done a good job of the Avengers. Apparently Joss Weadon was involved in the writing, and that shows in the character interactions.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=eOrNdBpGMv8

Ragnarok
10-17-2011, 07:42 PM
AAAAAHHHHHH!!!!!

I've reached burnout on my homework…and I've barely started. :rant:

:cryin: :(

DeLorean's back. Kinda.
http://www.engadget.com/2011/10/17/delorean-dmc-12-ev-announced-for-2013-production-doc-browns-wh/

primus2010
10-17-2011, 10:26 PM
The Wraith kit is a pain in the :smackbutt: to assemble, my fingers hurt and all I have to show for it after 2.5 hours is a pair of axles and the shocks. Oh well, it will pay off in the end. Glad to see they finally abandoned the set screws on the drive shafts for an actual pin, that made my evening.

Although I wish I was building a Tamiya kit right about now.... :D

Ragnarok
10-17-2011, 10:35 PM
Tap-tap-tap-tap-tap…

BADMUTHATrUCKER
10-18-2011, 12:27 AM
Speaking of Axial kits, just now I found the original SXC10 inspiration :D

http://www.oramagazine.com/pastIssues/0108-issue/bestof/3.jpg

I'm looking around trying to find photos of the 53 Chev Mariachi-mobiles used for rendering the images in that Queens of the stone age video. I have an uncut CF100 I want to make a lowrider out of....

Spoon37
10-18-2011, 03:10 AM
I like that video(QOTSA:Go with the Flow)... would be a cool project to RC :nice:

"Give me something good to die for, to make it beautiful to live..." :metal:

THE_JOKER
10-18-2011, 03:40 AM
What to do next?

Suggestions anyone?

There's always Scrabble!.

AAAAAHHHHHH!!!!!

DeLorean's back. Kinda.
http://www.engadget.com/2011/10/17/delorean-dmc-12-ev-announced-for-2013-production-doc-browns-wh/

Wait...Doc.......are you telling me, you put an electric motor, in a DeLoreon?!?!.

BADMUTHATrUCKER
10-18-2011, 03:48 AM
I like that video(QOTSA:Go with the Flow)... would be a cool project to RC :nice:

"Give me something good to die for, to make it beautiful to live..." :metal:

Yeah, that line gets into your head.... After the Blazer and Big Willy.

For those who have no idea what we're prattling about....Parental warning: Contains psychedelic sperm and erroneous guitar necks.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=DcHKOC64KnE&ob=av2e

The Stray Cat
10-18-2011, 09:24 AM
So I was watching cartoons this morning with my son while we at our cereal for breakfast before work and school. As I was watching some new anime show for kids, dont remember the name but during a battle a big PWNED flashed across the screen.

I understand the meaning of how it's supposed to be used in context but where did it originate from?

THE_JOKER
10-18-2011, 09:46 AM
pwned

A corruption of the word "Owned." This originated in an online game called Warcraft, where a map designer misspelled "owned." When the computer beat a player, it was supposed to say, so-and-so "has been owned."

Instead, it said, so-and-so "has been pwned."

It basically means "to own" or to be dominated by an opponent or situation, especially by some god-like or computer-like force.
"Man, I rock at my job, but I still got a bad evaluation. I was pwned."

OR

"That team totally pwned us."

From "Urban Dictionary" dunno if its true or not.

@FUNKY......seen a game you may like this morning, its coming out soon called "Skyrim"

The Stray Cat
10-18-2011, 09:57 AM
Thanks Joker! I guess I could've searched but I figured one of our internet savvy members here would know!

I tell you what the new Batman game looks awesome! I'm going to pick up Arkham Asylum this weekend.

THE_JOKER
10-18-2011, 10:11 AM
Aie I like the look of the Arkham City one, I played "Asylum" a while ago and enjoyed it.

Supposed to be a host of villains in the new one too.

The Stray Cat
10-18-2011, 12:01 PM
Yep Asylum looks good. Been wanting to play it but haven't had time. City looks really awesome and its actually the last Joker voice over Mark Hamill is doing.

THE_JOKER
10-18-2011, 12:24 PM
I may get it this weekend, or rent it....mind you it took a while to finish the last one.

We'll see.

The Stray Cat
10-18-2011, 12:30 PM
Yea I'll buy asylum preplayed so its cheaper than I can trade it back in later on.

spankrjs
10-18-2011, 04:10 PM
OOPS, I did it again:update:

Didn't want to start a new thread in the 1:1 section yet, so here it is:p

Too much BS talk and not enough jeep talk around here lately, so I figure I will introduce the newest member of my "fleet". I was going to wait until it actually arrived, but it is shipping out today, so here is the info:

1984 CJ8
Rust free original paint body/excellent frame
Factory steel doors with full fiberglass top
Swapped in TBI 350 with 700r4 auto trans (OD trans)
4.10's in the rear AMC 20 with Warn full floating axles (like my red 8)
Dana 300 case and 30 front end
looks like 2.5" Superlift springs, shackles, 33" AT tires

The jeep does not currently run. The guy I bought it from swapped in the motor and trans, then lost interest/needed the cash so decided to sell it. He was asking a high price, but I made him a reasonable offer and he accepted. He was only the second owner of this jeep. He swapped in the V8 when the 150,000+ mile 258 started acting up.

The jeep basically needs the under hood wiring finished, trans shifter hooked up, trans mount fabricated, and some other minor misc work done to get it running.

I am having this jeep shipped from CA to my buddies warehouse in Baton Rouge. I am not going to bring it back to Biloxi until I finish his green Scrambler, which is currently in pieces in my yard. It ships out today (pick up at 8am CA time, which is 10am our time), should be in Baton Rouge next Tuesday.

Here is a link to the "For Sale" thread. NOTE - some of the pictures are from when he first bought it and show the smaller, wore out factory size tires.

http://www.cj-8.com/forum/showthread.php?t=29994

Not sure what I am going to do with this one?

Might just get it running and sell it?
Sell my 05 Rubicon, install A/C in this Scrambler, make it a DD?
Throw 60's under it and beat the he11 out of it (it is too clean for that )
Install a "World Cab" top on it and convert it into an Overlander and sell for big $$$$$$$$

Not too sure yet

East Bound and down, loaded up today to ship[:D]

A few pictures of it being loaded up.

http://i816.photobucket.com/albums/zz90/spankrjs/Tan%20Scrambler/photo1.jpg

http://i816.photobucket.com/albums/zz90/spankrjs/Tan%20Scrambler/photo14.jpg

http://i816.photobucket.com/albums/zz90/spankrjs/Tan%20Scrambler/photo15.jpg

http://i816.photobucket.com/albums/zz90/spankrjs/Tan%20Scrambler/photo12.jpg

http://i816.photobucket.com/albums/zz90/spankrjs/Tan%20Scrambler/photo13.jpg

Next week can't get here fast enough[:D]

FunkyHunk
10-18-2011, 05:36 PM
Joker, I am SO after skyrim when It gets released BTW :)

The Stray Cat
10-18-2011, 08:18 PM
Dang, Spanks, another nice Scrambler to add to the fleet! Looks to be in good shape.

Bullitt
10-18-2011, 09:01 PM
I now officially hate you Spank, or I want to carry your baby. Your choice. LOL

Three Scramblers in your yard and there is only one in my hometown. You are the luckiest man that I know of. I must now turn in my man card. Being that it is "hearing aide beige", full factory hard top, and a V8, I can't stand because I am weak in the knees. I think I am going to camp out along I-10 on Monday and see if I can watch her roll by. If it does not make it to LA, it is because the semi stopped in San Antonio and I cut the straps and stole it!

Harry

THE_JOKER
10-19-2011, 02:30 AM
@Spank----I find it offensive that you would class this whole completely useless thread as "BS Talk"..... :lol: Real nice new addition!!! im envious!.

@Funky----looks good doesnt it! I'm not sure on the bit about "Dragons unscripted and roaming free" i get the feeling they will be attacking always when your in the middle of looting.

FunkyHunk
10-19-2011, 05:29 AM
@Spank----I find it offensive that you would class this whole completely useless thread as "BS Talk"..... :lol: Real nice new addition!!! im envious!.

@Funky----looks good doesnt it! I'm not sure on the bit about "Dragons unscripted and roaming free" i get the feeling they will be attacking always when your in the middle of looting.

Spank: That Scrambler looks like it's in good nick man!

Joker: It's going to rock I think.
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=oHOm5dKIcfg

THE_JOKER
10-19-2011, 06:02 AM
Awesome! :D

The Stray Cat
10-19-2011, 07:12 AM
Rag, this you??? :beer&buddy:

Ragnarok
10-19-2011, 09:06 AM
Nope. I'm not a hygiene-inept, class-hating anarchist overly caught up in narcissistic, counter-establishment crowd-following and consumed with irrational malice and jealousy like the unwashed Sharpie-n-cardboard Marxist-monkeys that have been using the asphalt of Wall Street to deposit skid marks upon for the last two weeks. :nice: Greed cannot be usurped by force and retain any sense of morality. To do so is simply fascism.

We have more trees than that where I am anyway. :lol: It doesn't take very long to get beyond them, though. Just 20 minutes out of here and the trees get shorter and shorter and more sparse. :huh:

The Stray Cat
10-19-2011, 09:30 AM
After I put that picture here I read up on it some more and it is actually what you would call a Tundra Wookie, so I guess it's fitting that she's alone other than the three dogs!:awesome:

Ragnarok
10-19-2011, 09:43 AM
By the way, I saw Pirates 4 last night. I picked it up for my mother in the morning before work (she's a huge Pirates fan) and got to see it myself late last night. Overall, it was the worst of them, but that doesn't make it a bad movie itself. I really liked the previous three, and I liked this one, but it was seriously lacking in a lot of ways.

Some observations and stuff:
Jack Sparrow is as Sparrow-y as ever. There are some unusual circumstances that allow for different kind of character development in this one. There are more subtleties, which may or may not work for some viewers.
Keith Richards has a cameo, but his total screentime is not much longer that what's in the trailers.
Gibbs is back. :) Barbossa is back, lost a leg and gone privateer. The devil-monkey is also in there…kinda.
The ancillary romantic sub-plot is played by a Shanghaied Christian missionary and a mermaid that was captured under unique circumstances. It has an entirely different dynamic than the Bootstrap/Brastrap romance of the first three. Also, the way the movie ends, it's possible that their story ends, too. They don't leave any particular open ending for them.
The only real supernatural aspect of this one, beyond The Fountain itself, is Blackbeard's ability to control the Queen Anne's Revenge. It's like the ship itself is possessed.

Observations of things that I think didn't work:
Lack of any serious, death-defying and/or exciting sword battles. There was plenty of steel, but the fights themselves looked like they were either pretty uncoordinated or simply didn't have any real importance.
Omitting Ragetti and Pintel. Those guys were awesome in the previous three films, but they're not in this. I'm not hanging any hopes on it, but I'd be pleased to see them appear in Pirates 5 and 6. For deck-crew comedy relief, a character by the name of Scrum replaces them. He's nowhere near as funny or as interesting.
The music was typical Zimmer, which is not a bad thing on its own, but there wasn't anything new thematically. P2 and 3 are still mindblowing scores. This one adds some Spanish guitar here and there, but nothing really unique.
Not sure Blackbeard was interesting enough as the movie's villain. He wasn't threatening or intimidating enough…or something.
Mermaids, while a very interesting new spin on the movie's monsters, may or may not work. I'm still on the fence on that.
The dynamic between Angela (Penelope Cruz) and Sparrow has too many instances that may cause chronic eyerolling and and impatient yawns. The ending for their little plot was pretty funny though.

Make sure you watch past the credits. This one does have an epilogue. :nice:

Be aware, this isn't for little kids. While there's nothing as frightening as the undead crew of the Pearl, or Davy Jones and his vomitous "Tigersharks" rejects, there is a scene at the movie's climax that's pretty graphic and gruesome. I won't describe it for the sake of spoilage. Some members of Blackbeard's crew are zombified, and they're pretty gross-looking. Also, the mermaids are not the Ariel or Daryll Hannah archetype. They're sexy as hell, but they act like giant, ship wrecking piranhas. there is one scene of a guy getting pulled under by a couple of these ravenous things and they go "Shark Week" on him, if you catch my drift (boat). :lolbeat:

I give it Three Bacons out of four.

:bacondance: :bacondance: :bacondance:

THE_JOKER
10-19-2011, 09:54 AM
Highlight of that film for me was when Barbossa takes off his leg an its his flask :lol:

I need peeps like that round me on cold outings!.

Ragnarok
10-19-2011, 09:58 AM
Yeah, that was pretty funny. :lol: Oh yeah, that reminds me - watch for the goofy Judy Dench cameo.

THE_JOKER
10-19-2011, 10:01 AM
lol aie i seen that...."Is that it?" :lol:

The Stray Cat
10-19-2011, 10:10 AM
Rag, I really enjoyed Pirates 4 also, but as you said it was definitely the weakest of the four. I think they tried to hard to cram to many new characters into the film and forgot about the actual development of the characters. THey could've done so much more with Blackbeard.

THE_JOKER
10-19-2011, 10:24 AM
I think Depp knew it too, hence why he's in no rush to do the next one yet.

I thought the first 3 were all brilliant, this one was "alright".

Ragnarok
10-19-2011, 10:24 AM
I'm thinking that if there's definitely going to be a P5 and 6 (and everything looks as though there will be) my guess is that Disney's probably gonna hire a different director. I don't think this guy did as good a job as was really needed. The writers needed some help, too. The previous films were completely convoluted, but they were still fun to watch. One thing that probably didn't help P4 was pressure from the suits to do it all in 3D and that limited what could be done and how far they wanted to push the story. If they forego 3D in the subsequent films (fingers crossed) they may end up to be far better.

I'm anxiously awaiting more news on the remaining two films in the Tron: Legacy trilogy.

Also, there was a trailer for John Carter (of Mars) with P4. I don't know a thing about it, but it looks cool.

The Stray Cat
10-19-2011, 10:30 AM
Yes the first three I could watch over and over, this one I will watch agian but not as exciting as the first three. I also think the suspense or surprise was missing some from this one. There was never a moment where I didn't know what was coming next, aside form the mermaids of course.

John Carter looks very cool!

spankrjs
10-19-2011, 10:41 AM
Dang, Spanks, another nice Scrambler to add to the fleet! Looks to be in good shape.

Yep, it should be in really great shape. CA car its whole life, so no rust issues besides surface rust here and there, and I will only be the third owner:Happybounce:

spankrjs
10-19-2011, 10:43 AM

Appreciate it :beer&buddy:

And, what I was trying to say was, that while yes, the whole thread is random BS, there just hasn't been enough random Jeep BS in it lately:D

Carry on with more random BS now:nice:

spankrjs
10-19-2011, 10:45 AM
Spank: That Scrambler looks like it's in good nick man!

Joker: It's going to rock I think.
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=oHOm5dKIcfg

Appreciate it:beer&buddy: It was in too good of shape to pass up^_^

spankrjs
10-19-2011, 10:50 AM
I now officially hate you Spank, or I want to carry your baby. Your choice. LOL

Three Scramblers in your yard and there is only one in my hometown. You are the luckiest man that I know of. I must now turn in my man card. Being that it is "hearing aide beige", full factory hard top, and a V8, I can't stand because I am weak in the knees. I think I am going to camp out along I-10 on Monday and see if I can watch her roll by. If it does not make it to LA, it is because the semi stopped in San Antonio and I cut the straps and stole it!

Harry

LOL:wacko::rolling:

Harry, it is actually Scrambler #4 in the yard :p (My clean green one/my buddies dirty green one/my red one/and now my beige one)

But, it wont be going in my yard until I get my buddies green one out of there. I am storing this one in my buddy's (same one who owns the dirty green one) warehouse in Baton Rouge. Not sure what interstate it will be coming in on:burnout:

I will take some pics next weekend:chug:

Ragnarok
10-19-2011, 11:52 AM
AAAAAHHHHHH!!!!!

I wish it wasn't this way, but I need to reiterate this. :smackbutt: :kick: http://hvx-rc.com/forumstuff/emo/emo-forkintheeye.gif

The Stray Cat
10-19-2011, 11:55 AM
Just push yourself through Rag. I get like that at least once a week with my school work. I'm taking 3 classes at a time and they are all 300 and 400 level courses. Talk about brain fry!

LondonF350
10-19-2011, 12:06 PM
I thought the first 3 were all brilliant, this one was "alright".

I don't agree with you! :nono: Nor does this guy, who's verdict on the last 2 is pretty much spot on as far as I can tell... (worth watching as the review itself is probably more entertaining than the film!!!!) :lol:
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=2QXauX7YtZU

If it sounds like he didn't like #4, then just wait for the verdict on #3...!!!! :blink:
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=FYfbc1B-i4I

Nice wheels Spank! :nice:

Ragnarok
10-19-2011, 12:46 PM
This guy didn't like Pirates either, but I think most of it dates back to the Ninjas vs. Pirates feud that'll probably never get solved.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=dAf-idhAbyE

Just push yourself through Rag. I get like that at least once a week with my school work. I'm taking 3 classes at a time and they are all 300 and 400 level courses. Talk about brain fry!

I can't imagine what that's like. This is just a 100-level course and I'm losing my mind. We're in poetry right now and I have to comment on the social context of Langston Hughes' subject matter. I have an answer that's either only good for about 150 words or good for 1,500 words. I can't seem to get it somewhere in between to meet the requirement. Gonna lie down for about 20 minutes and try it again. :(

THE_JOKER
10-19-2011, 01:05 PM
Each to his own Leo! :D

The Stray Cat
10-19-2011, 01:07 PM
I can't imagine what that's like. This is just a 100-level course and I'm losing my mind. We're in poetry right now and I have to comment on the social context of Langston Hughes' subject matter. I have an answer that's either only good for about 150 words or good for 1,500 words. I can't seem to get it somewhere in between to meet the requirement. Gonna lie down for about 20 minutes and try it again. :(

I run into the same problem, either just enough and Im not satisified with my answer or too much and the instructor tells me to trim the fat!:smackbutt:

Ragnarok
10-19-2011, 05:01 PM
As disastrous as the launch version has been, the "v2.0" reboot/redesign/re-everything of Final Fantasy XIV looks incredible.
http://www.the-magicbox.com/1110/game111014f.shtml

Ragnarok
10-19-2011, 07:42 PM
Frickin' freakin' frackin' KRAKEN!!! I'm done with my assignment. FINALLY!!! http://hvx-rc.com/forumstuff/emo/emo-passout.gif

THE_JOKER
10-20-2011, 02:08 AM
Heh heeeeeeeeey!! well done so far Rag :chug:

Spoon37
10-20-2011, 04:14 AM
Grats Rag :awesome:

MojaveMonster
10-20-2011, 07:37 AM
Good morning gentlemen. Need a little help....anyone got a link to a vid someone posted here a year or so ago. I want to show a guy at work the one were they started and drove their Indy Car with their phone. Been teaching youtube and here but with no luck. Anyone?

spankrjs
10-20-2011, 07:57 AM
I don't agree with you! :nono: Nor does this guy, who's verdict on the last 2 is pretty much spot on as far as I can tell... (worth watching as the review itself is probably more entertaining than the film!!!!) :lol:

If it sounds like he didn't like #4, then just wait for the verdict on #3...!!!! :blink:

Appreciate it Leo:chug:

Ragnarok
10-21-2011, 12:58 AM
In an attempt to resuscitate this thread, I have come bearing WIN! Prepare to have your face melted! :metal: :headbang: :awesome:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=QxcCC2g1Ke0

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=djnJ2ESkrV0

THE_JOKER
10-21-2011, 01:57 AM
:lol: :headbang:

Well im setting off now to spend the weekend at my brothers, supposed to be a little LATE birthday getaway but its ended up as a job. Well, helping rebuild a stone wall while I'm there :facepalm:

So anyways I hope you all have a decent weekend! :chug:

Spoon37
10-21-2011, 02:32 AM
Good morning gentlemen. Need a little help....anyone got a link to a vid someone posted here a year or so ago. I want to show a guy at work the one were they started and drove their Indy Car with their phone. Been teaching youtube and here but with no luck. Anyone?

I think you need to search with the terms Mclaren F1:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=FiLoANg6nNY

it starts with an idiot with a blackberry storm and a small RC F1 car then McLaren take them on as a challenege and get the real F1 car working with it by remote(supposedly). I think this is the vid you're after?

:tea:

Ragnarok
10-22-2011, 09:34 AM
http://i.imgur.com/Pn8pr.jpg

I should note: it's even more than that up here. :mad:

FunkyHunk
10-24-2011, 06:02 AM
http://i.imgur.com/Pn8pr.jpg

I should note: it's even more than that up here. :mad:

lol! :p

Standard tamiya silvercan is 27t right?

Spoon37
10-24-2011, 08:15 AM
Standard tamiya silvercan is 27t right?

Yes with no timing advance(so it runs just as fast backwards as forwards)

Ian
10-24-2011, 02:58 PM

Your alive!!!!!!!!!

On a side note this ugly bah bah crossed infront of me today and gave a look as if to say " you can kiss my black arse "

Oh how i laughed.

http://i50.photobucket.com/albums/f303/Iansvecs/100_0694.jpg

Oh, one more.... All fall down.

http://i50.photobucket.com/albums/f303/Iansvecs/100_0695.jpg

http://i50.photobucket.com/albums/f303/Iansvecs/100_0696.jpg

http://i50.photobucket.com/albums/f303/Iansvecs/100_0692.jpg

Another little project like i haven't got enough to do.....

http://i50.photobucket.com/albums/f303/Iansvecs/100_0697.jpg

I priced up a removable tow bar for my beamer, it worked out cheaper just to buy a second car. So, i'll be converting this estate into a van like i did with an Astra i owned.

Bullitt
10-24-2011, 05:53 PM
Hello amigos! Hope all is well!

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=f-Kt_kuYVtU&feature=youtube_gdata_player

THE_JOKER
10-26-2011, 07:27 AM
Looking derelict in here!.

Hey Harry Que pasa!.

pardonmyn00b
10-26-2011, 07:39 AM
Hi guys. I haven't been around these parts in a while. Have a nice day.

THE_JOKER
10-26-2011, 07:45 AM
lol that was short an sweet.

Everything all right your end?.

The Stray Cat
10-26-2011, 08:10 AM
What's happenin guys? I've been busy finishing up my second to last semester of college. I start my final semester today and then when Im done I will have my Bachelor's degree.

Other than that just getting ready for winter. Supposed to get snow tomorrow and over the weekend!

THE_JOKER
10-26-2011, 08:14 AM
Cool to hear Ed! :chug:

Weather here has been going from hot to cold daily it seems *cough* 2012 *cough*

The Stray Cat
10-26-2011, 08:19 AM
Yep we get a couple nice days then some really crappy days. So I just told off a moderator on RCC, bunch ignorant tools anyway. At least when a mod or admin does something here as far deleting a thread or something they give the reason. Anyway I won't go into bashing that site, but I am more than doen with it.

THE_JOKER
10-26-2011, 08:33 AM
Ive never been there tbh, this one updates too quick let alone looking at others :lol:

The Stray Cat
10-26-2011, 08:38 AM
Yep well it's ok, it really doesn't matter. I only used the site for selling and buying and the occassional post.

So what's going on with you did you have a good visit last weekend?

THE_JOKER
10-26-2011, 08:40 AM
Yeah i did ta bud, came back on the Sunday morning instead of the evening as my brothers kids "screaming" was too much for me :lol:

The Stray Cat
10-26-2011, 08:47 AM
I know how that is. I have three brats myself.:smackbutt: My kids are pretty well behaved but they do get going sometimes and I have to go hide in the bathroom for awhile!

THE_JOKER
10-26-2011, 09:01 AM
I drove south as fast as legally possible....that worked for me. :lol:

The Stray Cat
10-26-2011, 09:05 AM
I drove south as fast as legally possible....that worked for me. :lol:

You can come over the pond for a visit with me Mate, I'll make sure my kids are quiet for you, that's what Duct Tape is for!:awesome:

THE_JOKER
10-26-2011, 09:06 AM
Nice parenting! I like it! :lol:

The Stray Cat
10-26-2011, 09:19 AM
Yes and doggie carriers work well also!

Ian
10-26-2011, 09:27 AM
Weather here has been going from hot to cold daily it seems *cough* 2012 *cough*

Speak for yourself, weather up heres just been cold and wet all year..... Oh no sorry, i forgot about the two weeks of sun we had, just enough to weld up the underside of my Sj and that was it..

Time to move, is there such a thing as a time share on the sun?

Ragnarok
10-26-2011, 09:35 AM
http://www.imdepressed.org/wp-content/uploads/2011/09/depression1.jpg

pardonmyn00b
10-26-2011, 09:48 AM

http://www.imdepressed.org/wp-content/uploads/2011/10/Depression-Homepage.jpg

Ragnarok
10-26-2011, 09:53 AM
Exorctly.

The Stray Cat
10-26-2011, 10:05 AM

SCHOOL????

THE_JOKER
10-26-2011, 12:00 PM
2012¿

The Stray Cat
10-26-2011, 12:32 PM
2012¿

They say they miscalculated by at least 100 years so now we have to get cryogenically frozen and brought back to life in a hundred years so we can live through the catastrophy and make sure my boat idea works.:burnout:

THE_JOKER
10-26-2011, 12:56 PM
Aw whhaaaaaaat? all that hype :(

btw i have no idea how my question mark was upside down?

I typed that last pm on a Xoom pad thing.

The Stray Cat
10-26-2011, 01:07 PM
Aw whhaaaaaaat? all that hype :(

btw i have no idea how my question mark was upside down?

I typed that last pm on a Xoom pad thing.

Well for an accidental upside question mark it was well placed!:awesome:

oldskoolmini
10-26-2011, 01:08 PM
hey fellas! :wave:

Went with a buddy today to a lot my mechanic has full of cars. we were on the hunt for a worthy candidate to turn into a good dirt track race car. as soon as we went through the gate i saw it. it called to me saying "please rescue me, i want to be driven." there before me was a 1967 Oldsmobile cutlass supreme 4 door. 330ci v8. looked like the poor fella had been neglected over the years. had such a sad look to him. i instantly fell in love. it was like a sign from above. i was meant to save that car. it is my destiny to race this car.

Me and my buddy Alan looked over the car with a mechanic and the car is solid. just a little rust in the floor boards and roof. nothing too bad. motor is all there just needs going over to get it to run again. interior is already stripped out which is great for me. no extra work. looks like it was once a project car that got forgotten about. has some nice 15" lowrider wire wheels and whitewalls. but they will be sold off and some nice steel wheels will be out on. well enough of my babbling. you guys want pics right?

http://i1189.photobucket.com/albums/z437/redclayreplicas/296950_2366996967111_1016036081_32600676_107250696 9_n.jpg

http://i1189.photobucket.com/albums/z437/redclayreplicas/309082_2366996407097_1016036081_32600672_361230790 _n.jpg

http://i1189.photobucket.com/albums/z437/redclayreplicas/297064_2366996647103_1016036081_32600674_102596228 9_n.jpg

http://i1189.photobucket.com/albums/z437/redclayreplicas/296852_2366995487074_1016036081_32600669_107034529 0_n.jpg

http://i1189.photobucket.com/albums/z437/redclayreplicas/320150_2366998407147_1016036081_32600681_160325771 5_n.jpg

The Stray Cat
10-26-2011, 01:40 PM
Aweome stuff OSM, they just don't build cars like that anymore!

Ragnarok
10-26-2011, 08:51 PM
SCHOOL????

No. Other stuff.

BADMUTHATrUCKER
10-26-2011, 09:37 PM
Jake, I'll give you 1 and a half laps before the front of that goes form pointy to kinda flat :lol:

Seriously, I'd feel the same way about it.

oldskoolmini
10-26-2011, 10:20 PM
Jake, I'll give you 1 and a half laps before the front of that goes form pointy to kinda flat :lol:

Seriously, I'd feel the same way about it.

haha yeah with the way i drive that front end will be flat in no time.:facepalm:

BADMUTHATrUCKER
10-26-2011, 11:50 PM
But before you lose the fender tips, you'll be able to pull off some impressive PIT manoeuvres .... I mean passes.

Bullitt
10-27-2011, 06:53 AM
Excellent find Jake! Best part of all, you don't have to bust out the front glass!

Harry

Ragnarok
10-27-2011, 08:29 AM
To temporarily change the subject of OSM's new Cutlass :nice:, I've made an irritating discovery: I can no longer download YouTube videos. No matter how long or short the video is, it's a 2.3MB "dummy file" that shows up in my Activity Window in Safari. The video itself still loads in the window, but the actual file itself is unavailable for download. Supposedly YT thinks they're losing money (seriously?) when people download videos from them.

I have found some proxy download mechanisms, one of which works really well, but it uploads a Java Applet to your computer and I really don't trust that. :mad: The conclusion I've come to is YT is being run by a bunch of douchemonkeys.

Bullitt
10-27-2011, 09:59 AM
Is it me, or has the board become really quiet lately? It seems like it is 15 minutes after your last final in HS.

Harry

The Stray Cat
10-27-2011, 10:19 AM
To temporarily change the subject of OSM's new Cutlass :nice:, I've made an irritating discovery: I can no longer download YouTube videos. No matter how long or short the video is, it's a 2.3MB "dummy file" that shows up in my Activity Window in Safari. The video itself still loads in the window, but the actual file itself is unavailable for download. Supposedly YT thinks they're losing money (seriously?) when people download videos from them.

I have found some proxy download mechanisms, one of which works really well, but it uploads a Java Applet to your computer and I really don't trust that. :mad: The conclusion I've come to is YT is being run by a bunch of douchemonkeys.

Is it me, or has the board become really quiet lately? It seems like it is 15 minutes after your last final in HS.

Harry

I agree 100% with both of these statements!:beer&buddy:

THE_JOKER
10-27-2011, 10:28 AM
I agree, to disagree, on all agreements.

pardonmyn00b
10-27-2011, 11:15 AM
I agree with your disagreement about all agreements

spankrjs
10-27-2011, 11:21 AM
TTT:awesome:

The Stray Cat
10-27-2011, 11:28 AM
I agree, to disagree, on all agreements.

I request to aquiesce to your request.

The Stray Cat
10-27-2011, 11:29 AM
TTT:awesome:

It's not TTT it's AAAAAAA:awesome:

Oggy
10-27-2011, 01:11 PM
Guys, can i just say "DRINK IS EVIL", but i'm winning the fight

we all know what a crap year i've had, but i now know drink wasn't the answer i have been looking for, and i am getting better

The Stray Cat
10-27-2011, 01:18 PM
Guys, can i just say "DRINK IS EVIL", but i'm winning the fight

we all know what a crap year i've had, but i now know drink wasn't the answer i have been looking for, and i am getting better

Good for you Oggster! It's not an easy row to hoe but if you have a good support system you will be sccessful!

Bullitt
10-27-2011, 01:29 PM
I thought they buried you under the Jail Og! Good to see you out and discovering what not to do! I do agree that drinking is not going to solve your problems. I will get a six pack and nurse on it all week, but sometimes it takes two weeks to finish it. RCs is my stress buster.

Harry

Ragnarok
10-27-2011, 03:00 PM
Picked up Captain America Tuesday. I'll give a report tonight maybe. A quick summary: if you watch it and hate Captain America, you're either a tax-escalating commie, a red-faced mutant Nazi, or a filthy stinking hippie. It's better than Thor in some ways, and in others it's almost as good. The romantic interest in CA is leagues beyond the "I just Xeroxed this expression and taped it to my face" performance of NaPo. Never seen her before, but she's awesome. :wub:

A real review tonight. Probably. Unless you disagree with that, in which case you can go back to your marijuana-stenched VW Microbus that's held together with duct tape and tofu and write up another cack-handed Marxist-inspired epithet to your hatred of Wall Street, God, and the second amendment on a piece of moldy cardboard with that shoplifted El Marko. Or if you disagree to disagree and agree to not-disagree, then you're a not a Nonantidisagreementarian…and…you're okay? :huh:

Bullitt
10-27-2011, 03:24 PM
Rag- I really do not see why you don't have your own blog, movie review site, or a book in the works. Your works in the English language are quite impressive.

Harry

BADMUTHATrUCKER
10-27-2011, 03:58 PM
Agreed with that.

In response to the idea of the board being slow, I have found the whole internets are slow, and have been for a good month or more. Every forum I am on had just about crawled to a stop.