PDA

View Full Version : between me an rangerboy - OFFICIAL THREAD MISSION STATEMENT POST #253

Pages : 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 51 52 53 54 55 56 57 58 59 60 61 62 63 [64] 65 66 67 68 69 70 71 72 73 74 75 76 77 78 79 80 81 82

spankrjs
10-27-2011, 04:04 PM
Agreed with that.

In response to the idea of the board being slow, I have found the whole internets are slow, and have been for a good month or more. Every forum I am on had just about crawled to a stop.

:awesome:2012:awesome:

spankrjs
10-27-2011, 04:05 PM
It's not TTT it's AAAAAAA:awesome:

SWEET:Happybounce::Happybounce:

FunkyHunk
10-27-2011, 04:42 PM
haha yeah with the way i drive that front end will be flat in no time.:facepalm:

It's too bad you are going to race that Cutlass if you ask me.
It should have gotten an overhaul with some new metal welded in, and a paintjob so it could roam the streets again one day.

Just think how cool it would look in black with some chrome dished wheels.

http://www.desertclassics.com/image10/Olds67x442x6.jpg

This is a 2 door, but the 4 door would look equally awesome :nice:

just my two cents :beer&buddy:

THE_JOKER
10-27-2011, 04:43 PM
Speaking of 2012, that old dude who 3 times has predicted the world would end on certain dates, and 3 times he's been wrong.

Even if he was right one day, would it matter?.

It's not like he has the chance to say "See, told you so" is it?.

As you were gents, just thought I would ponder on that.

EDIT: Daaaaang Funky! you just found me a new desktop wallpaper :drool:

sk8te-penguin
10-27-2011, 04:44 PM
I just realised I have a 6x6 MAN :excited:

THE_JOKER
10-27-2011, 04:45 PM
Sold mine :(

FunkyHunk
10-27-2011, 04:51 PM
EDIT: Daaaaang Funky! you just found me a new desktop wallpaper :drool:

It's for sale too (http://www.desertclassics.com/Olds442.html) with a 455 with four on the floor and a 4:11 posi-track rear end for $16K

That is stupid cheap for a car like that with Norwegian Am-car prices now a days.

THE_JOKER
10-27-2011, 04:56 PM
Wish I had the money!! very clean/cool example!.

The Stray Cat
10-27-2011, 08:30 PM
Old Cutlass are nice cars, of course almost any muscle car from the 60 and 70s are nice!

Ragnarok
10-27-2011, 08:35 PM
Agreed with that.
TAKE THAT BACK!!! :rant:

:lolbeat:

Rag- I really do not see why you don't have your own blog, movie review site, or a book in the works. Your works in the English language are quite impressive.

Harry

I appreciate the kind words, but, seriously, who in their right mind would want to read the ranting of a curmudgeon like me? :huh: Wait a minute - several of you guys already do here on this forum. I think that's a bad commentary on you guys.
:facepalm: :lol:

If I did do a movie blog, I might call it, "'I'll See It When It Hits Video' Reviews"? Maybe that's not a bad idea. Two bhed I dun hab no tyme. There are people already doing it that are better than I am. :nice:

It's too bad you are going to race that Cutlass if you ask me.
It should have gotten an overhaul with some new metal welded in, and a paintjob so it could roam the streets again one day.

Just think how cool it would look in black with some chrome dished wheels.

http://www.desertclassics.com/image10/Olds67x442x6.jpg

This is a 2 door, but the 4 door would look equally awesome :nice:

just my two cents :beer&buddy:

How dare you! That car is too awesome. Consider this your first warning. :mad:

:awesome:

oldskoolmini
10-27-2011, 09:01 PM
dang funky that car is beautiful. and 16 grand? wow i got my car for a steal! $450 for mine lol. i just might have to paint mine black. that one pictured is sex on wheels.

The Stray Cat
10-27-2011, 09:06 PM
dang funky that car is beautiful. and 16 grand? wow i got my car for a steal! $450 for mine lol. i just might have to paint mine black. that one pictured is sex on wheels.

From all of your stories OSM, I thought you were sex on wheels!:beer&buddy:

oldskoolmini
10-27-2011, 09:57 PM
:rolling::rolling: hahahahaa that made my night.

primus2010
10-28-2011, 07:56 AM
I'm coastal bound this evening after work, off to get my 390 and some small block parts. Don't have too much fun without me this weekend :D

The Stray Cat
10-28-2011, 08:26 AM
Sounds like a worthwhile roadtrip Chris! Have fun, be careful!

The Stray Cat
10-28-2011, 03:10 PM
So some of you know that I'm in college, well most do in this thread. Anyway in order to get my degree sooner I took on an extra 2 classes per semester so I am taking 3 classes every seven weeks. Not easy and I am busier more than I'd like to be, but it will all pay off in the end. Anyway, I'm done babbling, I just received my grades for my last 3 classes and I got all A's!
:awesome::awesome::awesome::awesome:

2k2cse
10-28-2011, 05:09 PM
Congrats Ed! :chug:

I have another 3 years until I can say that I'm finished with college <_<

THE_JOKER
10-29-2011, 11:25 AM
Nice one Ed!! well done fella! :chug:

Spoon37
10-29-2011, 12:13 PM
Congratulations Ed! :chug:

:banana:

The Stray Cat
10-29-2011, 01:59 PM
Thanks Gentlemen! How's everyone's weekend? I'm sitting here watching a nice wet snow fall outside, waiting for a nice hot dinner my missus is cooking up of shredded chicken in mashed potatoes with gravy! YUUM! After that I will be carving up some pumpkins with the kiddos!

Ragnarok
10-29-2011, 03:07 PM
Awesome grades, Ed. :awesome:

As for me, I will be finishing my typical 6-day work week today, topping it off with more analysis of poetry. I gotta answer stuff like, "What social commentary about hunger in inner-city America and its relationship to post-War France does the poet intend to make when she says, 'I just got my wang caught in the toaster'?"

:cryin:

I'll also do that Cap'n Amurika review I was going to do Thurs.

Ian
10-29-2011, 05:07 PM
Congrats Ed:chug:

Rags = HOTDOG :nice:

pardonmyn00b
10-29-2011, 08:06 PM
Way to go Ed with the straight A's!:chug:

My weekend is going alright. I played with a toy truck in my yard and bought a new shop vac. Very excited about the second thing. Dust is my worst enemy. Well, not really, I just like to vacuum.

The Stray Cat
10-29-2011, 08:56 PM
Thanks guys! Its appreciated.

@Noob its always fun to get a new shop vac to play with. Especially when you test how much it will suction to your hand or the throw rug!

Ragnarok
10-30-2011, 01:26 AM
Okay, here's my Captain America review. Like my more recent reviews, all this will amount to is a summary of what I liked or what I didn't rather than in-depth recitation of the movie itself. In other words, I can avoid spoilers. Since this came out the same movie season as Thor and it's a film that will be part of the same larger universe, I'll be making a few comparisons with it and Cap.

What I liked:
The effect to make Chris Evans look like a 5'6", 90-pound shrimp was incredible. It was pulled off primarily with two methods: some times with a body double with the best head-replacement tech I've ever seen, and other times with a digital "scrawnification" effect. It's far more successful at what it tries to do compared to the "de-aging" done in Tron: Legacy or The Curious Case of Benjamin Smuttin.
The second most impressive effect in this movie is Red Skull's makeup. When I watched it I was completely floored at how amazing it was, but then watched the "making of" stuff and my enthusiasm dropped quite a bit. A lot of it was digitally altered, like the open nasal cavity - they would have had to cut off Weaving's nose to make that work practically.
I'm not a fan of Tommy Lee Jones. In fact I'll go as far as to say I've only liked him in one movie in the past (The Fugitive), but he's pretty good in this. He has some of the best lines, like, "If you've got something to say, this is the perfect time to keep it to yourself." :lol:
Hugo Weaving was pretty good in this. Not as engaging as he was as V, or even Agent Smith (he was actually pretty creepy in that role), but he does that megalomaniac/monomaniac thing pretty well. I think that his character wasn't written with as much depth as, say, Loki was. More on that later.
The love interest. Hayley Atwell kicks NaPo's wooden, lifeless butt without even trying. Natalie, while empirically hot, is a very unappealing, unskilled, and unqualified actor. (I still think that Keira Knightley should have been the lead in V for Vendetta.) Ms. Atwell isn't the greatest actress of our time, but her character was far more interestingly written and performed than Natalie/Jane. I also happen to think she's far prettier than Mrs. Vader.
Skull's car and his flying wing. 'Nuff said.

What didn't work so well:
Some of the "deep science" tech as they called it was too much of a stretch, even when the Cosmic Cube as a relic stolen from Odin's trophy room is factored in. I'll suspend my disbelief enough to accept the Super Soldier thing, Red Skull's messed-up face, and some of the stuff that Howard Stark cooked up for Cap, but flat-sceens with what look like satellite maps in 1944? Come on. Same with the three-story tall mega tank that makes two appearances. What the hell powered it? A portable hydroelectric dam? :rolleyes:
There's a montage of Cap's various battle successes and Skull's failures, and it all seemed too rushed and fragmented. However it's good that we see that Cap isn't doing it all on his own - he's not omnipotent. He's got a team of six (?) guys he hand-picked from a larger bunch of troops that he liberates from one of Skull's slave factories. Nor is he completely invulnerable. There are plenty of instances where someone saves his bacon when he could have gotten wasted.
Howard Stark is an unlikable, assgrabbing douche cannon. I don't know if they intentionally wanted a Clark Gable wannabe type of portrayal, or if they just got the wrong actor, or what exactly, but regardless he sucked and I kept hoping that somehow Cap would turn him into a 170lb. ambulatory collection of contusions and broken bones. The way Old Man Stark was presented in Iron Man 2 was far more appropriate.

The hype on the cover showed a quote by a reviewer that it was "the best superhero movie ever!" Hardly. Batman Begins is still the best as far as I'm concerned. This one was danged good, though. It's equal or almost-equal to Thor on a lot of levels, and in a couple it excels it. I was more attracted to the family dynamic in Thor, and I think that Loki is a far more compelling villain than Red Skull, but in reality they're completely different antagonists. Even with Skull's super-human strength and super-genius mind, Loki would turn the guy into a quivering jelly-like mass without any real effort. Part of why I liked Loki as a bad guy more is we get to see his turning rather than have it told in a series of back-story exposition as was the case with Skull. He's also a little more unconventional than a lot of villains, except at the very end of Thor where he pulls a few bad-guy clichés.

Cap, like Thor himself, was very well-cast and well written. Both are very likable characters. The difference with Rogers, though, is he's never an arrogant narcissist like Thor was at the beginning. Rogers is a relentless scrapper, even when he knows he'll never win. He's noble and patriotic. And once he gains his new powers he never abuses them. In contrast, Thor didn't respect his until they were taken from him. It gave him room to humble himself and become a charitable and kind man, only using what strength he had to defend those who could not defend themselves.

I'm not going to spoil it, but I will say that it has a somewhat sad ending. I'm really looking forward to The Avengers, even if it's bound to be a catastrophic failure.

I give this one Three-and-a-half Bacons. :)

:bacondance: :bacondance: :bacondance: :banana:

Ragnarok
10-30-2011, 01:48 AM
Rags = HOTDOG :nice:

I was thinking something more along the lines of saying the poet didn't know her bagelfeet from her laser ducks. :thinking:

Ragnarok
10-30-2011, 09:42 AM
For the record, we had our first official snow fall for the winter today. We had snow come down almost a month ago, but it melted the instant it hit the ground. It isn't much (barely a 1/4") but this stuff probably ain't going anywhere until late April.

THE_JOKER
10-30-2011, 01:15 PM
I'm so far behind on films right now :(

An wth! I want snow too!!!

Ragnarok
10-30-2011, 05:37 PM
http://icanhascheezburger.files.wordpress.com/2008/03/funny-pictures-angry-bbq-hates-winter-snow.jpg

Ragnarok
10-30-2011, 11:34 PM
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=38pj4mWDrsA

THE_JOKER
10-31-2011, 02:38 AM
BBQ reminded me of Darth Vader :blink:

Spoon37
10-31-2011, 03:25 AM
Reminded me of Neytiri in Avatar tbh :blink:

similar expression anyway :lol:

THE_JOKER
10-31-2011, 03:45 AM
Ink blot tests lol.

or pic post tests?.

FunkyHunk
10-31-2011, 06:28 AM
Ink blot tests lol.

or pic post tests?.

http://i89.photobucket.com/albums/k205/funkyhunk/Funny/funny_demotivational_posters_640_23.jpg

BADMUTHATrUCKER
10-31-2011, 07:19 AM
Well....

primus2010
10-31-2011, 07:27 AM
Lol, makes me not want to go to Carls Jr. now....

Quite the trip this weekend, lots of rain, a little fishing, lots more rain. At least my dog was on her best behavior and I picked up almost all my parts, my torque converter seems to be MIA. Oh well, I can still use my 4 speed for a while, might as well since I put in a new clutch and throwout bearing!

Ragnarok
10-31-2011, 09:36 AM
Reminded me of Neytiri in Avatar tbh :blink:

similar expression anyway :lol:

Sort of the "just bit the scent-bags off a skunk" look, eh?

Spoon37
10-31-2011, 10:02 AM
Sort of the "just bit the scent-bags off a skunk" look, eh?

Yeah, totally :lol:

Ragnarok
10-31-2011, 02:55 PM
Averaging a 98.23% in my class so far. :)

FunkyHunk
10-31-2011, 03:45 PM
That's not bad :nice:

The Stray Cat
10-31-2011, 08:31 PM
Averaging a 98.23% in my class so far. :)

Awesome Stuff Ragnar! Keep it up!

Ragnarok
10-31-2011, 09:55 PM
I'm tryin'. Poetry's a total blatch sometimes. This week it's "reader's choice," which means I can choose any poem out of the text book and answer the mandatory questions. I can't get into anything so far. There was a strange-yet-curiously romantic, troubadour-like poem that we did in the first week or so of the unit that I really thought was cool, but with very few exceptions most of it is this crap that undermines what little faith a person might have in humanity, life-non-affirming "life sucks, then you die" dreck. If I were a people-hating, funny cigarette-smoking, French barret-wearing, warped existentialist/borderline-nihilist Jean-Paul Sartre wannabe or a gun-control-voting, tax-hiking, religion-stomping Karl Marx commie-leg-humper type, then maybe some of this poetry would speak to me. But since I'm none of those things…I can only simply roll my eyes thusly. :rolleyes:

By the way, Captain America will probably be the last real movie review I do for a few months. It has more to do with how few new movies I'm interested in seeing/purchasing than me not being able to afford them (which is also technically a factor - it just happens that it "follow'd hard upon" :lol:). I don't plan on getting Cars 2. I wasn't a big fan of the first one and after all of the reviews I've seen for the sequel it makes me wonder why a person would even waste the money on it.

The Stray Cat
11-01-2011, 07:44 AM
I'm tryin'. Poetry's a total blatch sometimes. This week it's "reader's choice," which means I can choose any poem out of the text book and answer the mandatory questions. I can't get into anything so far. There was a strange-yet-curiously romantic, troubadour-like poem that we did in the first week or so of the unit that I really thought was cool, but with very few exceptions most of it is this crap that undermines what little faith a person might have in humanity, life-non-affirming "life sucks, then you die" dreck. If I were a people-hating, funny cigarette-smoking, French barret-wearing, warped existentialist/borderline-nihilist Jean-Paul Sartre wannabe or a gun-control-voting, tax-hiking, religion-stomping Karl Marx commie-leg-humper type, then maybe some of this poetry would speak to me. But since I'm none of those things…I can only simply roll my eyes thusly. :rolleyes:

By the way, Captain America will probably be the last real movie review I do for a few months. It has more to do with how few new movies I'm interested in seeing/purchasing than me not being able to afford them (which is also technically a factor - it just happens that it "follow'd hard upon" :lol:). I don't plan on getting Cars 2. I wasn't a big fan of the first one and after all of the reviews I've seen for the sequel it makes me wonder why a person would even waste the money on it.

Rag, I took my kids to see Cars2 in the theatre it was great. I hated the first cars movie, this one is by far a much better movie with a cooler cast of characters and a more in depth plot line. You wouldn't be disappointed.

I'm hoping to get Cap this weekend and watch it so I'll give my feedback afterwards on it.

Ragnarok
11-01-2011, 09:25 AM
I guess what I should say is that I'm not going to go out of my way to buy it. The only recent CGI movie that has me curious is Puss in Boots, and it'll probably hit video sometime next year - like probably around Easter to catch the "basket holiday" shopping season. :confused:

BADMUTHATrUCKER
11-02-2011, 03:47 AM
This is all.

THE_JOKER
11-02-2011, 04:40 AM
Sick!

FunkyHunk
11-02-2011, 04:57 AM
I'm glad I live in Norway some times :p

BADMUTHATrUCKER
11-02-2011, 05:22 AM
I'm glad I live in Norway some times :p

I saw one spider in Norway. It was all up about the size of my little finger nail and it picked me a posy.

:rofl:

FunkyHunk
11-02-2011, 10:33 AM
I saw one spider in Norway. It was all up about the size of my little finger nail and it picked me a posy.

:rofl:

yep :D

THE_JOKER
11-02-2011, 10:48 AM
What was that spider, that was posted somewhere a while back?

Was in a shower if I remember rightly.

Ragnarok
11-02-2011, 10:54 AM
Our spiders are pretty small, too, but they have a serious attitude problem. You ask them to get out of your way and they just flick their cigarettes aside and sneer at you, rambling on about "turf" and "rumbles" or something. They're so small it's hard knowing just what they're saying. :thinking:

The only ones that are halfway personable are the orb weavers, and I only saw about three of them this year. Last year I must've seen at least a dozen or more.

The Stray Cat
11-02-2011, 10:59 AM
Joker, I think that's a camel spider or something like that. We have some decent size spiders here in WNY, some canget big enough to fill an open hand of a grown man. I don't know what there real name is is but we call them Wolf Spiders because they are big and covered in grey hair.

THE_JOKER
11-02-2011, 11:10 AM
Our spiders are pretty small, too, but they have a serious attitude problem. You ask them to get out of your way and they just flick their cigarettes aside and sneer at you, rambling on about "turf" and "rumbles" or something. They're so small it's hard knowing just what they're saying. :thinking:

The only ones that are halfway personable are the orb weavers, and I only saw about three of them this year. Last year I must've seen at least a dozen or more.

lol, places like Australia, I think they wait round the corner for you with a baseball bat.

Joker, I think that's a camel spider or something like that. We have some decent size spiders here in WNY, some canget big enough to fill an open hand of a grown man. I don't know what there real name is is but we call them Wolf Spiders because they are big and covered in grey hair.

Eesh! I cant stand the normal sized buggers (about an inch long) let alone giants.

Ragnarok
11-02-2011, 11:45 AM
Camel spiders have ten legs, which means they're not true spiders, but they are still arachnids (like harvestmen, scorpions, and horseshoe crabs). I think the scientific name for the one in BMT's pic is hugeassedspiderus scarethehelloutofus. :nice:

In reality, I think the picture is a bit deceiving. Looking at the frame around the window jamb, I'm guessing that spider really isn't monstrously big. Maybe a leg spread of 4 inches or so, which is still huge, but not like the eight-legged wolverines that carry off large rodents or chickens. Gotta go to Central/South America for them beasties. :blink:

The Stray Cat
11-02-2011, 12:09 PM
Well I hate spiders, not afraid of any other animal at all. I shouldn't say I'm afraid of spiders either, I just don't like the potential of what some can do and how fast they are!

When I was in Georgia in the Army my friend got bit by Brown Recluse, of course we didn't know it at first, and a couple of days later his arm around the bite was turning black and was seriously giving him pain like he never felt. I took him to the hospital and they gave him a bunch of antibiotics and other anti spider bite meds, they actually had to cut a cross across the wound and peel the skin back to clean out all of the dead tissue. Luckily he didn't suffer any permanent damage but recluses can cause permanent nervous system problems.

Ragnarok
11-02-2011, 01:51 PM
Yeah, browns are scary. They show up in AK every once in a while.

Ahhh. Got my assignment for this week turned in a few minutes ago. The poem I chose to work with was London by William Blake. It's a pretty coarse indictment of the Crown and Church of England in the late 18th century. My first encounter with it was in a Tangerine Dream adaptation of it in song. Their version sucked hard core, but I thought I'd look at the poem itself because it was passingly familiar to me. I spent 1,230 words dissecting it, and he's not afraid to bear fangs at the throne.

Next week…I have to write TWO myself. :facepalm: Or read a couple of others in YT format. :facepalm: :facepalm:

So, I have a choice. Write a pair of poems myself, possibly putting them to music (GYAAH!!!) or simply reciting a pair of poems. I'm stressing over this like you can't imagine. Gotta start writing tonight. :nono: They're going to suck no matter what I do.

The Stray Cat
11-02-2011, 02:05 PM
Rag I highly doubt, with your use of the english languae, that you willhave a hrad time writing a poem. Hell have of your movie reviews are alomst poetry.:awesome:

Ragnarok
11-02-2011, 02:07 PM
Okay, I just started my own YouTube Channel…StormDragonHVX. :facepalm: If I achieve even a halfassed success I may share the video(s) here.

Ragnarok
11-02-2011, 02:40 PM
AAAAAAHHHHHH!!! I can't get Kylie Minogue's song Come Into My World out of my head! :banghead:

THE_JOKER
11-02-2011, 02:53 PM
Put your head in the sink an wash it out Rag quick!.

I cant get spiders out my head :(

BADMUTHATrUCKER
11-02-2011, 03:36 PM
That photo is of a very large female Huntsman. No idea what the scientific name is. They don't do webs, they just hunt. Not venomous, but they can bite and cause infection like any wild animal.

They are the little beasties they filled the house with in Arachnophobia.

Totally harmless, really... but they are just too god damn ugly for their own good.

2k2cse
11-03-2011, 01:51 AM
I started on a little project in my car yesterday

http://img856.imageshack.us/img856/4539/1101011852.jpg

Blue interior accent lighting. :D

Spoon37
11-03-2011, 03:30 AM
That photo is of a very large female Huntsman. No idea what the scientific name is. They don't do webs, they just hunt. Not venomous, but they can bite and cause infection like any wild animal.

They are the little beasties they filled the house with in Arachnophobia.

Totally harmless, really... but they are just too god damn ugly for their own good.

Well according to random people who submit stuff on wikipedia its the family "Sparassidae" with various local names:

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Huntsman_spider

no need to panic though they are only found in most of the world south of about...well Wolverhampton(my home town) judging by the map:

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/File:Distribution.sparassidae.1.png

Ragnarok
11-03-2011, 11:11 PM
:tumble:

BADMUTHATrUCKER
11-04-2011, 03:50 AM
http://i74.photobucket.com/albums/i251/darastrix_photos/73315.jpg

Spoon37
11-04-2011, 03:55 AM
^^ :lol: awesome

BADMUTHATrUCKER
11-04-2011, 04:08 AM
I haz moar.

Spoon37
11-04-2011, 04:17 AM
I haz moar.

:popcorn:

BADMUTHATrUCKER
11-04-2011, 04:52 AM
http://i34.photobucket.com/albums/d104/evilnorm/buttons%20for%20forum/tumblr_lqywypzCMV1r22d9ro1_400.jpg

http://i34.photobucket.com/albums/d104/evilnorm/buttons%20for%20forum/Stupid-Terrorists.jpg

http://i34.photobucket.com/albums/d104/evilnorm/buttons%20for%20forum/face.jpg

http://i34.photobucket.com/albums/d104/evilnorm/buttons%20for%20forum/enhanced-buzz-32477-1300477925-30.jpg

http://i34.photobucket.com/albums/d104/evilnorm/buttons%20for%20forum/enhanced-buzz-32476-1300478048-23.jpg

http://i34.photobucket.com/albums/d104/evilnorm/buttons%20for%20forum/457935_700b_v1.jpg

http://i34.photobucket.com/albums/d104/evilnorm/buttons%20for%20forum/299895_460s.jpg

http://i34.photobucket.com/albums/d104/evilnorm/buttons%20for%20forum/27691.jpg

http://i34.photobucket.com/albums/d104/evilnorm/buttons%20for%20forum/27641.jpg

http://i34.photobucket.com/albums/d104/evilnorm/buttons%20for%20forum/ani-tomcruisesithoprah.gif

FunkyHunk
11-04-2011, 06:24 AM
http://i89.photobucket.com/albums/k205/funkyhunk/Funny/callingshotgun.jpg

THE_JOKER
11-04-2011, 02:32 PM
Terrorist RPG made me "lol".

FunkyHunk
11-05-2011, 05:30 PM
new diy sofa from ikea:

http://wumo.no/img/strip/-WM_strip_DK_20110225.jpg

Ragnarok
11-06-2011, 11:23 AM
^ :blink:

With HD prices going insane, I'm considering dropping SSDs in my workstation thingamabob. Any of you guys used SSDs and if so, what are your experiences? I'm thinking about using a pair of 120GB units (or 128GB - depends on the manufacturer). Probably go with OWC (http://eshop.macsales.com/shop/SSD/OWC/Mercury_6G/) as they seem to have some of the fastest and most reliable (based on what little research I've put into it). No moving parts and seriously faster read/write times are awesome advantages.

Just for reference, a Western Digital 500GB "Blue" 7,200 RPM is going for $110 right now - almost twice what I paid for mine less than two years ago. Indonesia's flooding is really raising hell with everyone.

docsrcrepair
11-06-2011, 12:13 PM
^ :blink:

Just for reference, a Western Digital 500GB "Blue" 7,200 RPM is going for $110 right now - almost twice what I paid for mine less than two years ago. Indonesia's flooding is really raising hell with everyone.

I thought it was the world just going to hell in a handbasket :facepalm:

Spoon37
11-06-2011, 12:14 PM
Yeah true, I havent gone SSD yet but its the next planned upgrade for my system. Watch the read and write speeds of models you're looking at though because some are like 550mbps read, 200mbps write and others are 550mbps read 500mbps write, so some folk tell me theirs "doesnt like being written to..." which I interpret as they got one with a slower write speed.

Where it gets complex is there seems to be two kinds of SSD - physical boxes and PCI-E cards... with the PCI-E boasting faster speeds that SATA 6GB/s but meaning you cant do dual/quad etc graphics cards...not that this will be an issue for most.

Theres been some good deals locally on the OCZ Agility 2.5" 120GB Sata 6GB/s SSD might be worth checking out if you can find one?

Ragnarok
11-06-2011, 01:45 PM
Yeah true, I havent gone SSD yet but its the next planned upgrade for my system. Watch the read and write speeds of models you're looking at though because some are like 550mbps read, 200mbps write and others are 550mbps read 500mbps write, so some folk tell me theirs "doesnt like being written to..." which I interpret as they got one with a slower write speed.

Where it gets complex is there seems to be two kinds of SSD - physical boxes and PCI-E cards... with the PCI-E boasting faster speeds that SATA 6GB/s but meaning you cant do dual/quad etc graphics cards...not that this will be an issue for most.

Theres been some good deals locally on the OCZ Agility 2.5" 120GB Sata 6GB/s SSD might be worth checking out if you can find one?

The specs on the OWC Mercury EXTREME Pro 6G 120GB SSD:
"Up to" 559MB/s Read, 527MB/s Write.
"Made" in USA. In actuality, the semiconductors are made in Korea or someplace - the units are merely assembled in the US.
RAID 0/1/10/SPAN.
Random 4K file read/writes up to 60,000 IOPS.
5 yr warranty.
$249.00

Not cheap, but the specs are nice. Regarding PCIe-SSD units, there's a British (?) company, Angelbird, that's making a modular PCIe-SSD that has insane read/write speeds. Every SSD block you add increases your r/w speed. The OCZ RevoDrive is a better buy, apparently. Running out of PCIe slots for graphics cards is a non-issue for me. Height will be my main concern. I only need on GPU as it is, and I'm going to have to use a 90° riser card in order for a regular-height graphics card to work in my keyboard chassis. I'd have to do the same with a PCIe-SSD card if I used one of those. For the sake of simplicity and keeping things uncluttered, I'll be sticking with the 2.5" HD-sized units.

I thought it was the world just going to hell in a handbasket :facepalm:
The flooding in South East Asia isn't getting any press here in Barackistan except in tech news sites. WD's HD factory is completely shut down, digital camera manufacturers are having problems, and even car companies are boned by having supplier plants being shuttered until the water subsides.

By the way, I said Indonesia earlier - the main problem is actually in Thailand. Sorry about that. :o

Technically, the world has been going to hell steadily since Adam's transgression. What we need to do is make sure that things are as good and noble as possible before the real collapse happens. :nice:

Spoon37
11-06-2011, 02:06 PM
yeah I noticed the PCI-E SSD drive cards get slower the more storage they have, still I suppose the argument for it is it may yet be faster than the equivalent 2.5" drive - that said I think for most applications your gonna notice going to any reasonable SSD but might not notice the speed increase of the card version.

I've been looking at UK stores obviously so its perhaps not suprising that there are a few PCI-E cards available in such stores. I'm looking at 2.5" units though due to cost, would be nice if they could be got at sizes bigger than 120GB for reasonable money though (I'd like ~320gb+ but that aint gonna happen unless I get an unexpected windfall of cash). Problem here is basically the games I play, basically I'm playing WoW casually - and will be playing SWtOR from launch both are at least 30gb each installs without windows or anything else considered, so a 60gb(or smaller) is waaaay out, a 120gb might be ok but I'd feel happier at 240 or more so I actually have some space lol.

The Thailand flooding thing is pretty bad, but hey at least it gets new coverage inna UK :lol: I've also been reading that due to certain key factories being hit there may be problems with some camera maunfacturers(I was reading The Amateur Photographer...) such that for example the launch of Canons s100 high end compact will be delayed, their Pro1 printer will not be unveiled until after the crisis, and Sony's NEX7 flagship model mirrorless camera wont be launching in Europe at all...for now at least.

Ragnarok
11-06-2011, 02:13 PM
Yeah, for me the space is critical for soundware libraries. My current synth, Omnisphere, is around 50GB by itself, and there are others I'd like to get that are in the neighborhood of 80 to 150GB in just one library. Paying $1,000 for one library plus another $250 to $400 for just enough storage to hold it all by itself is a very expensive prospect.

FunkyHunk
11-07-2011, 02:45 PM
I'm currently running an Intel 80gb ssd as a system drive.
I boot my 1.5 year old installation of win7 home premium in 18 seconds. (after POST of course)
Gotta love those ssd's.

Now for something completely different.

I've got Uriah Heep - July morning stuck in my head for the last few days.
I took the car out for a drive and played it as loud as my stereo could handle and enjoyed it.
The hammond organ solo starting at 3:35 blows me away, I get a serious case of goosebumps every time I listen to it.

Enjoy:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=JLZMMk8KZSU

Oh, and:

http://wumo.no/img/strip/-WM_strip_DK_20110130.jpg

Ragnarok
11-07-2011, 03:10 PM
I'll toss them later. :nice:

The thing I run into with Omnisphere is a 100 to 200MB multisample will take as much as two seconds to load from my 7,200RPM drive. I'm hoping to get that down to as little as half a second or faster with an SSD. :burnout:

I'll post a couple of vids meseff…

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Ms6Jo7VUNRg
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=k8ycZHmaDJ0
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=jov16A4EYqI

I wish I could find this DVD.

One more…
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=clJHJSz0ROI

Ragnarok
11-07-2011, 08:46 PM
Oh, and:

http://wumo.no/img/strip/-WM_strip_DK_20110130.jpg

Penny Arcade did that two-and-a-half years ago. :lolbeat:
http://art.penny-arcade.com/photos/517912952_XZg33-L-2.jpg

Ragnarok
11-07-2011, 09:49 PM
http://www.appleinsider.com/articles/11/10/31/despite_new_cpu_options_apple_reportedly_questioni ng_future_of_mac_pro.html

Apple seems to not care that it will be abandoning about a third or more of its professional content creator clientele if they go through with this. Simply a rumor at this point, but this is a sucktanic move if followed through. :nono: It's certainly a possibility because they did kill off the Xserve rackmount server doo-dang.

Another angle is that things seem to be moving more and more to a mobile paradigm for the "regular computer user." There's lots to be said for laptop-based rigs, including for professionals. The Thunderbolt i/o promises to do what PCMCIA/CardBus and ExpressCard never could. But…? I dunno.

At this rate, they might even kill off the iMac, but that's just me talking. MacBook Pros are sexy, sexy pieces of gear. If Mac OS X hadn't nuked the fridge with 10.7, I might consider making one of those my next computer. I'm not at all stoked about the forth-coming Windows 8. I smell Vista all over again.

Spoon37
11-08-2011, 02:58 AM
Penny arcade comics are awesome... I love their MMO jokes/parodies.

I think Apple has been going that way for some time Rag - the drop to Intel processors was a big step on that path, and as you know once you start down that path forever will it dominate your destiny... I assume pro users will start using regular PC's built for power and that the makers of software for high end graphics etc will simply start coding for windows - I've noticed alot of the high end photography software is being made fully compatible with windows in recent years so it may be the beginning of the end for the mac pro.

In other news I managed to pick up a SSD drive yesterday, a corsair 'force 3' 240gb for ~£275(this week only @ overclockers.co.uk) which bearing in mind alot of other drives of this size are closer to £400 isnt such a bad deal. only problem is now I need to bag a legit copy of Win 7 to take full advantage of the speed (plus I got 6Gb tri channel memory in anticipation of using win7).

Speaking of which to make full use of more than 4gb of RAM I assume I install and register the 64 bit version of Win 7 right? in which case do 32 bit programs still run ok? I'm sure I heard something about win 7 being able to use more than 4gb of ram for 32 bit programs but I was never sure how that worked tbh... :thinking:

THE_JOKER
11-08-2011, 05:59 AM
I have nothing of significant importance to add, therefore I will only ask as to what your sig pic is from, Rag?

I know it from somewhere, but cannot put my finger on it.

sk8te-penguin
11-08-2011, 07:10 AM
CHARGE!!!! http://dev.shanerounce.com/images/sig.gif

The Stray Cat
11-08-2011, 07:16 AM
I have nothing of significant importance to add, therefore I will only ask as to what your sig pic is from, Rag?

That's Orko form the He-Man, Masters of the Universe cartoons!

So I watched Capn America over the weekend and I also took my kids to see Puss in Boots. I'll give my thoughts on the films a little later this morning after I get my morning tea finished and the cobwebs clear!

Ragnarok
11-08-2011, 09:25 AM
…as you know once you start down that path forever will it dominate your destiny…
78252 :lol:

I assume pro users will start using regular PC's built for power and that the makers of software for high end graphics etc will simply start coding for windows - I've noticed alot of the high end photography software is being made fully compatible with windows in recent years so it may be the beginning of the end for the mac pro.
Well, their professional laptops probably ain't going anywhere and those are outselling their desktop units 3:1, but the way they "iOS-ified" Mac OS X with Lion and dumbed the thing down, it's actually offending professional users and are driving a lot of them to forge contingency plans to stay with Snow Leopard indefinitely or migrate to Windows 7. Letters to the editor of a recent Mac Life magazine indicated this and were exactly the same as my own protests against Lion.

In other news I managed to pick up a SSD drive yesterday, a corsair 'force 3' 240gb for ~£275(this week only @ overclockers.co.uk) which bearing in mind alot of other drives of this size are closer to £400 isnt such a bad deal. only problem is now I need to bag a legit copy of Win 7 to take full advantage of the speed (plus I got 6Gb tri channel memory in anticipation of using win7).
That is a very good deal, actually. Corsair's SSDs are supposed to be pretty good. :chug:

Speaking of which to make full use of more than 4gb of RAM I assume I install and register the 64 bit version of Win 7 right? in which case do 32 bit programs still run ok? I'm sure I heard something about win 7 being able to use more than 4gb of ram for 32 bit programs but I was never sure how that worked tbh... :thinking:

I'll defer to more experienced users than myself on this, but as I understand 32-bit programs will work fine under a 64-bit OS. It's other-way-around where things get goofy.

You mean my avatar? :huh:
That's Orko form the He-Man, Masters of the Universe cartoons!

:facepalm: I was afraid that would be what people were going to think. :lol:

No, actually it's Vivi from Final Fantasy IX, the only certifiably awesome character from the game. Everyone else in the game was either derivative, vague, or outright queer (specifically the main character…who had a monkey tail and looked like a hermaphrodite). The original FF game (back on the NES in 1986) had a character called a Black Mage, and he looked like this:
When FF9 came around, they wanted a big homage to the FF games prior to the PlayStation, and including a Black Mage was one of them. The pic is from one of the cinemas during the game. :nice: Lots of people have said how much Vivi looks like Orko, but it ain't him.

So I watched Capn America over the weekend and I also took my kids to see Puss in Boots. I'll give my thoughts on the films a little later this morning after I get my morning tea finished and the cobwebs clear!
Cool. I'm looking forward to Puss in Boots myself, but like always I'll have to wait for the video release. No time to go n' see it, or woman to go with. :( (I've been single too long. :banghead:)

CHARGE!!!! http://dev.shanerounce.com/images/sig.gif

I join the charge! http://hvx-rc.com/forumstuff/emo/emo-stickhorse.gif

Spoon37
11-08-2011, 09:47 AM
Hmm well todays been a bit of PC fun, in short I've received the SSD, an extra Hard drive(2TB regular HDD) for my fathers PC as he has "run out of space", and a Geforce 580(ASUS GTX580 DirectCUII)...

I don't want to install the SSD till I get windows 7 (which has now been ordered), I have installed the HDD in my fathers PC...which wouldnt partition or format using administrative tools in win XP so I've had to do the old boot off CD as if installing win XP from scratch to do this...an hour later its 16% done.

As for the 580...it looks really snazzy... but my PSU wont actually plug in to it at all. it comes with a dual 6 pin PCI-E to 8 pin PCI-E converter, no problem I got lots of 6 pins...sadly the 580 seems to need two 8 pin PCI-E connectors and looking at the power requirements on the box, I'm now not sure my old 650w PSU will actually handle it.... so its very pretty in its box while I've placed an order for a new PSU... :lol:

Ah well by thursday I should have everything here and hopefully bolted together...as for whether I'll be posting here or grumbling at a shiny "installing windows 7" screen by then is another matter...

The Stray Cat
11-08-2011, 10:17 AM
78252 :lol:

:facepalm: I was afraid that would be what people were going to think. :lol:

No, actually it's Vivi from Final Fantasy IX, the only certifiably awesome character from the game. Everyone else in the game was either derivative, vague, or outright queer (specifically the main character…who had a monkey tail and looked like a hermaphrodite). The original FF game (back on the NES in 1986) had a character called a Black Mage, and he looked like this:
When FF9 came around, they wanted a big homage to the FF games prior to the PlayStation, and including a Black Mage was one of them. The pic is from one of the cinemas during the game. :nice: Lots of people have said how much Vivi looks like Orko, but it ain't him.

Well you have to admit, if you watched the newer He-Man cartoon it looks exactly like Orko!
http://i279.photobucket.com/albums/kk145/sativatage/orko.gif
http://i325.photobucket.com/albums/k392/Charmpopgrl77/orko-1.jpg

Cool. I'm looking forward to Puss in Boots myself, but like always I'll have to wait for the video release. No time to go n' see it, or woman to go with. :( (I've been single too long. :banghead:)
[/img]

Ok, so I really enjoyed Capn America, there were some parts I didn't think were excellent but over all worth watching a few times.

Love interest is actually made with some depth, unlike many of the previous hero movies
The CG of Chris Evans tiny little body beofr ebcoing Cap was amazing, best work like that I've seen to date.
Red Skull/Hydra, Great Character, too bad he's dead already, could've built his depth a little more. Hyrda was some cool looking (Nazi Esque) storm troopers who obviously took shooting lessons from George Lucas' Stormtroopers because they couldn't hardly hit anything with their weapons,
I've only enjoyed Tommy Lee Jones in a couple of movies, but as Rag said he has some real nice one-liners, my favorite without leaking anything importnat was towards the end when Cap kisses the girl and is looking at TLJ and he says well I'm not going to kiss ya.

Dislikes:
Lack of depth for RedSkull and killing him off so easily.
In the comics I always enjoyed the Super Trooper Platoon Cap had and they hinted with this and the characters were really close to comic, but there wasn't any development
The comic had Bucky as Cap's sidekick, not old high school buddy
The plot of movie was very good and I enjoyed the characters, my only complaint is they didn't give them enough depth, not even Cap seemed to deep.

Puss in Boots

THis was good flick, typical Shrek humor, not quite as much inuendo as Shrek, and lot less fart jokes, but still it was there. The storyline is great and I think for the first spin off of shrek it was very well done.
Took Puss out of the Shrek-verse to his own
Plot twist make this appealing
Characters are excellent

Dislikes:
A couple poorly placed comments that were supposed to be funny but fell short
There's a part of Humpty's life that is missing that you don't see and have to assume but it should've been there, you'll know after seeing it what I mean. (why was he bad?)
A couple of shots where they almost Gay Puss to much

Other than those couple of things it is definitely a fun one to watch.

Ian
11-08-2011, 12:57 PM
I don't mean to change the subject... well in fact i do and why do people say that when there going to anyway so they obviously meant it?

Any-who, i just noticed I've almost got my 8x8 Man Avatar truck, just 10 posts to go. Ask me a question, in fact...Ask me ten questions.

The Stray Cat
11-08-2011, 01:11 PM
how do you wash your socks?

The Stray Cat
11-08-2011, 01:12 PM
what is your favorite color?

The Stray Cat
11-08-2011, 01:14 PM
Do you normally wear a skirt?

Ian
how do you wash your socks?

I'm glad you asked that very important question that is relevant to our hobby, because lets face it, if i didn't wear socks i'd have cold feet in the shed.

I wash mine via the machine on a 40/c wash with Bold washing powder and Comfort concentrate softener to keep my socks softy soft.

The Stray Cat
Do you prefer blondes, redheads, or brunettes?

The Stray Cat
11-08-2011, 01:15 PM
Do you know how to build a skee ball machine?

The Stray Cat
11-08-2011, 01:15 PM
Do you prefer lexan or styrene?

The Stray Cat
11-08-2011, 01:16 PM
When you coming to visit the states?

The Stray Cat
11-08-2011, 01:16 PM
Do you believe in Aliens? Ghosts? Bigfoot? Nessie?

Ian
11-08-2011, 01:17 PM

Pink of course!

http://i50.photobucket.com/albums/f303/Iansvecs/Giffs%20and%20stuff/hairy-fairy.jpg

For all who still think that's me ^ It really isn't! I would never look that good in a beard.

Ian
11-08-2011, 01:18 PM
Do you prefer blondes, redheads, or brunettes?

I'm a brunette guy myself. The others just don't do it for me.

The Stray Cat
11-08-2011, 01:18 PM
do you prefer building rcs or driving rcs?

Ian
11-08-2011, 01:19 PM
Do you know how to build a skee ball machine?

Yes i do, i have it on good authority that you use play doh and solder for a more supreme machine.

The Stray Cat
11-08-2011, 01:19 PM
Do you believe in Santa Clause?

Ian
11-08-2011, 01:20 PM
Do you prefer lexan or styrene?

I hate Lexan with a passion! I love Styrene. But, on the other hand, i don't mind lexan so long as it's painted externally for a more realistic paint job.

Ian
11-08-2011, 01:22 PM
When you coming to visit the states?

Visit? I'm moving there and saying sod off to full years of rain. Atleast you lot have more than 2 weeks of sun, we forgot what the sun looked like in the 80's.

Ian
11-08-2011, 01:23 PM
Do you believe in Aliens? Ghosts? Bigfoot? Nessie?

None of the above! I was told not to tell anyone about my abduction.

Ian
11-08-2011, 01:24 PM

My favourite colour is Black, even though it's not a colour. BUT, i also like White on cars, just because you hardly see them over here since people are to lazy to keep them clean.

The Stray Cat
11-08-2011, 01:25 PM
I'm glad you asked that very important question that is relevant to our hobby, because lets face it, if i didn't wear socks i'd have cold feet in the shed.

I wash mine via the machine on a 40/c wash with Bold washing powder and Comfort concentrate softener to keep my socks softy soft.

It's mandatory to keep your socks softy soft, otherwise your feet get sore and you can't work.

Ian
11-08-2011, 01:26 PM
do you prefer building rcs or driving rcs?

It depends if i'm filming or not! I wont go out without my camera because it's the filming i like.
I love doing the bodywork side of things but hate setting up a chassis etc

The Stray Cat
11-08-2011, 01:26 PM
My favourite colour is Black, even though it's not a colour. BUT, i also like White on cars, just because you hardly see them over here since people are to lazy to keep them clean.

What's the most popular color on cars over there? In my experience dark blue and black are just as much of a pain in the butt as white to keep clean.

Ian
11-08-2011, 01:28 PM
Do you believe in Santa Clause?

:woohoo: Cheers Ed, now i can go quiet again for a few weeks :beer&buddy:

And the answer to that last one, yes i do. Every year i plonk presents under our tree, so in a way i am santa clause.

The Stray Cat
11-08-2011, 01:32 PM
:woohoo: Cheers Ed, now i can go quiet again for a few weeks :beer&buddy:

And the answer to that last one, yes i do. Every year i plonk presents under our tree, so in a way i am santa clause.

:beer&buddy:I feel the same, do I believe in Santa? Yep because he's me!:beer&buddy:

Ian
11-08-2011, 04:41 PM
What's the most popular color on cars over there? In my experience dark blue and black are just as much of a pain in the butt as white to keep clean.

On this Island, all i see most of is red cars, or should i say pink! Nobody looks after them so with the salt air and the 3 hours a year of sun they fade fast.

Blacks a pain to keep clean too, but when they are clean they're sexy.

I used to own a white car and loved it. I loved the fact it made you be more car proud. I hate red cars and green cars and i despise Landrover Defenders. Almost every 4x4 over here is a damn defender, i like to be different.

Ian
11-08-2011, 04:43 PM
Aww man, my truck is awesome! I should have got it 2 years ago but what with me taking a year out and not posting as much this year it's just taken ages. Hey, can i have mine in pink when i hit 11k posts?

Spoon37
11-09-2011, 08:58 AM
No, as everyone else would have to have it in pink too...

I think locally most popular car colours are silver and red for the same reasoning - no salt water corrosion just people too lazy to keep em really clean. I was once told by a guy with a metallic sky blue ford escort that he liked it because it didnt show the dirt(his previous car was black btw) :lol:

anyhoo...testing testing and all that jazz, I've just installed my new hard drive and windows 7...I'm a PC and the firefox download I got wont install cuz it says its corrupted... :(

Ragnarok
11-09-2011, 09:57 AM
Sometimes I hate computers. :nono:

Stuff not being reported in the mainstream news:
Western Alaska gets Monster Storm in the Bering Sea, with 40+ foot seas, 7 foot rise in ocean level, and winds of 80 to 100MPH on land.
Heavy D passed away yesterday. Only 44 years old.
Obama's Department of Agriculture is imposing a 15¢ tax on Christmas trees. Bah, scumbag!
US Gov sez, "Citizens traveling public highways should have no expectation of privacy just because police are tracking their movements through GPS rather than in person." Orwell's 1984 was supposed to be a cautionary tale, not a playbook for the fascist, Constitution-raping Marxists in Washington.
BHO and Sarkozy busted for slamming Israeli President Netanyahu on an open mic at last week's G20. Both deny it even though much (but not all) of what they said has been reported to the public.

Enough of that, though. In more light-hearted vein, I've recently discovered a new webcomic that's a joint venture from the guys that do Penny-Arcade and PvP, called The Trenches. Only been going since late August or September, but it's really good so far. Think of it as sort of a videogame-centric Dilbert, only with more swearing. All of the blog entries are submissions from actual Q&A testers, game designers, etc. from the video game and computer game industry. Some pretty messed up stories there that are still entertaining. :nice: www.trenchescomic.com

The Stray Cat
11-09-2011, 10:30 AM
Sometimes I hate computers. :nono:

Stuff not being reported in the mainstream news:
Western Alaska gets Monster Storm in the Bering Sea, with 40+ foot seas, 7 foot rise in ocean level, and winds of 80 to 100MPH on land.
Heavy D passed away yesterday. Only 44 years old.
Obama's Department of Agriculture is imposing a 15¢ tax on Christmas trees. Bah, scumbag!
US Gov sez, "Citizens traveling public highways should have no expectation of privacy just because police are tracking their movements through GPS rather than in person." Orwell's 1984 was supposed to be a cautionary tale, not a playbook for the fascist, Constitution-raping Marxists in Washington.
BHO and Sarkozy busted for slamming Israeli President Netanyahu on an open mic at last week's G20. Both deny it even though much (but not all) of what they said has been reported to the public.

Enough of that, though. In more light-hearted vein, I've recently discovered a new webcomic that's a joint venture from the guys that do Penny-Arcade and PvP, called The Trenches. Only been going since late August or September, but it's really good so far. Think of it as sort of a videogame-centric Dilbert, only with more swearing. All of the blog entries are submissions from actual Q&A testers, game designers, etc. from the video game and computer game industry. Some pretty messed up stories there that are still entertaining. :nice: www.trenchescomic.com

Orwell's 1984 seems to be the playbook govt is using more and more doesn't it. Pretty scary stuff actually. I was going to ask you about that storm, 100mph winds, how much of it will you feel?

Ragnarok
11-09-2011, 10:54 AM
None. Alaska is more than twice as big as Texas (it's actually bigger than Texas, California, and Montana combined), so when Hell's a-poppin' in Western AK (and it's a-poppin across a huge area) and how it's affecting South-central AK, it would be like if there was some kind of massive storm in Washington, Oregon and Northern CA, the people in Colorado and New Mexico would never know it happened. It would have to be a cataclysmic weather system to bring that kind of chaos from there to our area. We have our own weather systems in our area that do enough damage on their own. :nice:

Ragnarok
11-09-2011, 02:47 PM
Struggling with this week's assignment. Found out I don't need to do any kind of recitation of a poem that I write myself. I only do that if I wanted to recite a poem out of the text book instead of composing my own. Oh well. I might use that YT account for something else later on.

I'm doing a "dramatic" poem and a "lyric" poem. The dramatic one is coming along nicely and is definitely the longer, more complex of the two. I'll be done with it in another hour. But the lyric one is a total pain. I'm trying really hard not to go all "emo" with it, but that's the bend it seems to be taking. :nono:

The dramatic one is based on the interesting experience I had August 2010 in taking our dog outside and having that "Silent Hill panorama" in our neighborhood. I took pictures of it and shared on here. I'm trying to find the actual post I made with 'em.

The Stray Cat
11-09-2011, 03:02 PM
Struggling with this week's assignment. Found out I don't need to do any kind of recitation of a poem that I write myself. I only do that if I wanted to recite a poem out of the text book instead of composing my own. Oh well. I might use that YT account for something else later on.

I'm doing a "dramatic" poem and a "lyric" poem. The dramatic one is coming along nicely and is definitely the longer, more complex of the two. I'll be done with it in another hour. But the lyric one is a total pain. I'm trying really hard not to go all "emo" with it, but that's the bend it seems to be taking. :nono:

The dramatic one is based on the interesting experience I had August 2010 in taking our dog outside and having that "Silent Hill panorama" in our neighborhood. I took pictures of it and shared on here. I'm trying to find the actual post I made with 'em.

I remember those pics! I think they are buried in this thread somewhere bud!

Ragnarok
11-09-2011, 03:03 PM
Okay, I found 'em:

http://www.scale4x4rc.org/forums/showpost.php?p=718727&postcount=7929
http://www.scale4x4rc.org/forums/showpost.php?p=718729&postcount=7931

It's just easier to link the post numbers than quote them all over again. I have some pics like these I took last month, only it was really dark outside. If I have time tonight, I'll toss 'em up.

Ragnarok
11-09-2011, 03:21 PM
Okay, poem #1 is almost done, and I dare say that it sucks. Bad. And that's…okay. Because I'm good enough, I'm smart enough, and doggone it, people like me. :lolbeat:

EDIT: Poem #1 is done for sure. On to numbah toooo.

Ragnarok
11-09-2011, 07:43 PM
AAAAHHHHHH!!!! I need help from the Rhymies!

igotit
11-09-2011, 07:58 PM
poems.....what have i missed?

Ragnarok
11-09-2011, 08:20 PM
You need to review the last - oh, I dunno - 50 pages. It's for a literature class.

igotit
11-09-2011, 08:32 PM
ill get right on it ......thanx!

Ragnarok
11-09-2011, 09:00 PM
:p You really don't need to. I was being just a bit facetious. I'm sorry. :nice:

Got it done. Last poem was a friggin' pain, but somehow I pulled it off. Like the first, it sucks, but I'd rather get partial credit than none at all. :chug:

Ragnarok
11-10-2011, 03:01 PM
Aw man. Simple-yet-awesome synth module project!

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=LjpYxFjps84

Spoon37
11-11-2011, 06:25 AM
Cool...is that sitting inside an external HDD caddy? I've just got one similar for an old hard drive...

Anyhoo good afternoon gentlemen :tea:

Anyone good with Windows 7(x64)? I seem to have a recurring mouse dying problem. Now fairs fair it was initially set to save power by switching off the USB devices(root hubs etc) which I have now prevented on every device I can find it set up on, thought it was all fine and dandy, started playing starcraft II, mouse dies 1 hour later.

Its fine if I unplug the mouse and plug it back in, but with rear USB ports and the PC case under my desk its a bit brutal in the middle of a game(worse still if its an online game I can't pause). I have been updating motherboard drivers and such this morning in the hope this might help but it may not fix it.

any ideas? :dunno:

Ragnarok
11-11-2011, 09:01 AM
Maybe this?
http://www.imfdb.org/w/images/thumb/0/09/Smith_wesson_44mag_8inch_barrel.jpg/500px-Smith_wesson_44mag_8inch_barrel.jpg

Regarding what the synth guts are in, the Instructables page mentions a "project enclosure," but I don't know if that's what this happens to be.

spankrjs
11-11-2011, 02:31 PM
AAAAHHHHHH!!!! I need help from the Rhymies!

"Roses are red, violtets are blue, if you have a dollar, OWS will come after you":facepalm::p:wacko::awesome:

Ragnarok
11-11-2011, 02:56 PM
Ah yes, the Brownshirts of America. If our country is to collapse, it will be because of these hate-filled, mindless zombies.

Ragnarok
11-11-2011, 03:26 PM
http://i.imgur.com/YtK27.jpg

spankrjs
11-11-2011, 03:40 PM
http://i.imgur.com/YtK27.jpg

Sweet:awesome::giggity:

Spoon37
11-12-2011, 02:52 AM
:lol:

I think I may have fixed the windows 7 mouse problem...only thing is I'm not sure which exact fix did it - I switched off the power saving stuff on USB devices in the device manager, but that didnt seem to stop it. so I put it into "high performance" power setting in the control panel, updated drivers for the Razer Lachesis 5600dpi mouse as well as the motherboard chipset, USB host controller, Lan driver, as well as Turbo V and EPU 6 which may also change or control power settings... and last night it was fine in all programs/games.

In other news...finally Star Wars the Old republic did a get-all invite for the beta later this month, so I finally get to play it after being registered for beta access since march 2009... :woohoo: This did cause slight panic about downloading the client because a gaming buddy of mine got an extra invite for a beta test session this weekend where my 'invite' contain no links or 'respond now' or whatever...because its for an unspecified date later this month. With the game launching worldwide 20th Dec, early access for pre-orders from the 15th onwards they are kind of running out of time for beta invites so I am relieved to finally get one.

Meanwhile I have another day of computer fun - so impressed was my father with the performance of my SSD with windows 7, he's got himself one of each for his PC and "could you please fit it/install it for me?"... :lol: The install doesnt worry me though, win7 has been the most painless windows install ever, I didnt even have to "press any key to boot from CD..." :lol:

THE_JOKER
11-12-2011, 08:23 AM
Where's the "any" key?.

FunkyHunk
11-12-2011, 08:28 AM
Where's the "any" key?.

It should be located here:

http://upload.wikimedia.org/wikipedia/commons/2/2a/Keyboard-anykey.jpg

If you don't have it on your keyboard you're a N008!!!!!11!!1

http://www.myspaceantics.com/images/myspace-graphics/funny-pictures/noob.jpg

Ragnarok
11-12-2011, 08:57 AM
Mine has a Doomsday button instead. Not sure what it does. I think I'll hit it in late December next year. :lolbeat:

Back to Apple sabotaging their own professional client base, more new mandatory requirements that has the potential of leaving anyone who uses music applications (or any other professional programs that utilize plugins) out in the cold:
http://www.synthtopia.com/content/2011/11/11/will-apple-kill-off-mac-audio-plugins/

The short of it: this only applies to programs sold via the AppStore, but since I anticipate that becoming the only "legal" way for a Mac user to purchase application in the near future, it's going to wreck the way professional musicians use their Macs. I don't expect Windows to be the White Knight to save the day. (Win7 will be fine for a while, but Win8 is looking like it's following the same insipid, counterproductive stupidity as Mac OS X 10.7.) If I was a billionaire I would put out a challenge to developers to create a 100% perfect music-centric Linux OS that can run any AudioUnits, VST or DXi plugin flawlessly without WINE. The reward would be $20M. But since I'm not, I keep hoping that at some point Linux will still be the real refuge from the idiocy of Cupertino and Redmond.

Spoon37
11-12-2011, 12:24 PM
Hmm well installing the SSD was fine, installing win 7 started fine, then it became obvious the BIOS of the older PC's motherboard wouldnt detect it as a bootable device... <_< odd given the win 7 install can...

so the long and short of it is I've spent most of today banging my head against a brick wall trying to get the thing to work to no avail, so the pc has win7 on another hard drive but no SSD.

Just to make me extra happy I've had no issues in games with the mouse, which naturally died whilst being used in windows about 5 minutes ago - best of all there's lots of geeky forums with the exact question posted but not a single definitive root cause or solution as replies... <_<

Tomorrow I think I'm going to take the day off PC's...I've had enough :(

Ragnarok
11-12-2011, 03:09 PM
Family tech support (or even TS for yourself) can be overwhelming. I know this all too well. The thing with your mouse is somewhat encouraging because if a whole bunch of users are also encountering this it means that your case isn't a bizarre, isolated one.

The Stray Cat
11-12-2011, 06:00 PM
Man I am beat, I just spent the last 3 hours doing a SWOT analysis on Starbucks Coffee.:whip:

Ragnarok
11-13-2011, 12:38 AM
Chill out with the MOST EPIC PIECE OF LEGO STOP-MOTION ANIMATION EVER!!!

BATTLE OF THE BRICK: HALO INSPIRED (http://www.joystiq.com/2011/11/12/battle-of-the-brick-is-a-halo-inspired-stop-motion-epic/)

It's almost 30 minutes long! :awesome:

Ian
11-13-2011, 04:37 AM
Hey guys, I've had a bit of a rubbish weekend so far. I had to move my shed since nobody wanted it even though i was giving it away! A wrap around bench and wood burner made no difference at all.

Anyway, i spent last week looking for a 4x4 or tractor to hire with no luck until my neighbour said i could borrow his tractor ( little Massey ferguson ) So, i started to try move the shed yesterday, it was harder than i thought it was going to be. I had to drag it a couple of feet and then stop to put a post in front of it to roll along. Then, when i got it close to where it was going to be sitting i had to push it in with the tractor. This was all going well until the rear end dug into the ground and rocks and got wedged. So, now i have a shed that's leaning and open to the elements ( wind ) and my caravan is finally down the side of the house. Now all i need is to hire a vehicle with a tow bar to pull my trailer to get rid of the rubbish that was beside the shed. Then i can chop the pallets up for fire wood and get the SJ taken away to be scraped.

Worst thing is, i'm still going to have to pay for a crane to come in and move the shed to the place it should be in, so i could have just payed for a crane in the first place and saved a whole day of struggling and full of man flu :nono:

http://i50.photobucket.com/albums/f303/Iansvecs/100_0742.jpg

http://i50.photobucket.com/albums/f303/Iansvecs/100_0741.jpg

http://i50.photobucket.com/albums/f303/Iansvecs/100_0743.jpg

FunkyHunk
11-13-2011, 07:04 AM
Are you throwing away the SJ? why?

Ian
11-13-2011, 10:08 AM
Are you throwing away the SJ? why?

I found out the old boy took the cover off the engine i was going to fit so rain and crap have been getting into the manifold and carb. I only managed to work on it for 2 weeks this year, there's just not enough sunny or none rainy weather to do anything with it. I go 1 step forward and 3 back. It's gut wrenching like, but hey, time for a clean break maybe? may even buy the vitara back, the guy that bought it's done nothing at all with it, so i think i could get it back cheap.

Or i was offered a Nissan Terrano 2.8TD today for 2,500 on an 2004 plate. So, can i borrow 2,500 off y'all? We can all share it:excited:

Ragnarok
11-13-2011, 10:05 PM
Aw man, that sucks. Things usually get better, so don't let it get to you. :nice:

B-b-b-b-b-BETA! :awesome:

This is the latest synth from Urs Heckman (http://www.u-he.de). I haven't used it yet. Still downloading. It's taken an hour to download 11MB, which means the servers it's on are getting epicly gangfagged. The audio demos I've heard make it more than worth it, though. I'm under the assumption that the beta version of this is only a demo as it's going to probably cost som'hers in the neighborhood of $150 to $200 when it hits V1.0 (or whatever version is considered safe for public consumption).

UPDATE: Screw it. It keeps timing out. Only 13.5MB downloaded. Maybe I'll wait until tomorrow.

Spoon37
11-14-2011, 02:21 AM
Hmm doesnt sound like much fun Ian, Hopefully you'll get it sorted soon :chug: The Nissan Terrano doesnt sound too bad btw :nice:

Looks good Rag, oddly though Beta test versions often come with an NDA(Non Disclosure Agreement) preventing folk from bad-mouthing the product (publicly) when the maker has a chance to change it prior to release. I suspect due to beta based changes it will come out as version 1.0.7a on launch if its anything like most commercial software :lolbeat:

THE_JOKER
11-14-2011, 08:27 AM
Iv'e spent 3 days looking for this "any" key.

Still no luck :(

Gonna try the back of it now.

Ragnarok
11-14-2011, 09:24 AM
Looks good Rag, oddly though Beta test versions often come with an NDA(Non Disclosure Agreement) preventing folk from bad-mouthing the product (publicly) when the maker has a chance to change it prior to release. I suspect due to beta based changes it will come out as version 1.0.7a on launch if its anything like most commercial software :lolbeat:

No NDA. The dev just posted a direct link to the file. :nice: Just started a new download. Should be done in 20 minutes. :chug:

-10°F at the house this morning. :mad:

Also, the Core i7 LGA2011 CPUs and motherboards are OUT in the USA! $600 and $1,050 for the two CPUs I'm interested in. Probably go with the cheaper one, but I'm reading at the moment and I'll make my preliminary decision afterward. Reviews for CPUs and 'boards are available. Too much to post, so just do some searchin'. Start at these places:

www.legitreviews.com
www.hardocp.com
www.pcper.com

One quick quote regarding the $1,050 SB-E CPU:
Legit Bottom Line: The Intel Core i7-3960X 6-core processor is menacing and it's a shame that AMD's Bulldozer 8-core processor couldn't compete at the same in many of the benchmarks!

The Stray Cat
11-14-2011, 09:26 AM
Hey guys, I've had a bit of a rubbish weekend so far. I had to move my shed since nobody wanted it even though i was giving it away! A wrap around bench and wood burner made no difference at all.

Anyway, i spent last week looking for a 4x4 or tractor to hire with no luck until my neighbour said i could borrow his tractor ( little Massey ferguson ) So, i started to try move the shed yesterday, it was harder than i thought it was going to be. I had to drag it a couple of feet and then stop to put a post in front of it to roll along. Then, when i got it close to where it was going to be sitting i had to push it in with the tractor. This was all going well until the rear end dug into the ground and rocks and got wedged. So, now i have a shed that's leaning and open to the elements ( wind ) and my caravan is finally down the side of the house. Now all i need is to hire a vehicle with a tow bar to pull my trailer to get rid of the rubbish that was beside the shed. Then i can chop the pallets up for fire wood and get the SJ taken away to be scraped.

Worst thing is, i'm still going to have to pay for a crane to come in and move the shed to the place it should be in, so i could have just payed for a crane in the first place and saved a whole day of struggling and full of man flu :nono:

http://i50.photobucket.com/albums/f303/Iansvecs/100_0742.jpg

http://i50.photobucket.com/albums/f303/Iansvecs/100_0741.jpg

http://i50.photobucket.com/albums/f303/Iansvecs/100_0743.jpg

Sounds like a pretty craptastic weekend Mate! I remember thepain it was to my shed! I did it with the tractor but my yard is pretty level.

The Stray Cat
11-14-2011, 09:29 AM
No NDA. The dev just posted a direct link to the file. :nice: Just started a new download. Should be done in 20 minutes. :chug:

Damn Rag, that's cold I left for work in a t shirt this morning, totally odd weather for us for Mid-November. It was 65 at my house yesterday.

Ragnarok
11-14-2011, 09:47 AM
I'll say the same thing as what I did last year: It'll freeze the brass off a balls monkey.

THE_JOKER
11-14-2011, 11:51 AM
2 weeks till new Transformers dvd.

http://www.godlikeproductions.com/sm/5a.gif

The Stray Cat
11-14-2011, 12:32 PM
2 weeks till new Transformers dvd.

http://www.godlikeproductions.com/sm/5a.gif

Any luck with that any key yet??

FunkyHunk
11-14-2011, 12:54 PM
Meanwhile in russia:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=afP71xwLI8Y

Lee
11-14-2011, 01:20 PM
long time no speak... how is everyone?

Ragnarok
11-14-2011, 02:56 PM
Meanwhile in russia:

Is this the Bolshevik version of break dancing? "In my country, dance breaks you!" I'm wondering if this is what they think we do here?

Truth is, though, it doesn't matter if you're in Yurp, Barackistan or the Neo-Soviet Union: idiocy + large numbers + camera + a way to get on the internet = Tardpocalypse.

2k2cse
11-14-2011, 03:02 PM
Meanwhile in russia:

Am I the only one who thinks the dark haired girl with the black tights and the hoodie with the stripes in the background is kinda hot? :Happybounce:

Ragnarok
11-14-2011, 10:51 PM
I didn't get that far into the video, I guess. :thinking: I couldn't get past the idiocy of drunk Moscovites drunk-thugging out to Slavic hip-hop.

Meanwhile, the biggest scientific discovery in our lifetimes!
Bricks will be shat!

Spoon37
11-15-2011, 03:20 AM
Am I the only one who thinks the dark haired girl with the black tights and the hoodie with the stripes in the background is kinda hot? :Happybounce:

I'd agree with you...but she looks too much like my 17 yr old neice :smackbutt:

Also I think my PC needs an audio compressor or something the first few beats of that vid nearly brought the house down... <_<

That is quite weird Rag... I wonder if the really long decimal place version spells out "I love apple pie" or somethhing...:lolbeat:

I think just so that folk know my mouse problems may actually be the mouse itself - its got proper drivers and such, and no longer disconnects but sometimes stutters and sometimes if I move the mouse up or down it freezes or keeps moving that way...until it gets unplugged and plugged back in. Judging by what I can find online this seems to be symptomatic of the laser dying in the mouse itself. Not sure what to get next though...I got this Razer Lachesis 5600dpi on the assumption it was for serious gamers and therfore wouldnt wear out after 3 months like my last 2 logitech MX518's - I think this one lasted about a year...maybe less... any recommendations of good high usage mice that dont break within a year? :lolbeat:

Ian
11-15-2011, 03:28 AM
Speaking of video's, this one really makes my cheeks nip up every now and again.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=XihQeZpwqpE

Spoon37
11-15-2011, 03:40 AM
:popcorn: that was awesome! :chug: dont try this at home though kids...the R1 doesnt fit too well in your living room(not whilst moving at speed anyway).

Reminds me of this (http://www.psdisasters.com/2011/09/infolettre-karoutchi-serious-traffic.html) for some reason though :thinking:

BADMUTHATrUCKER
11-15-2011, 05:09 AM
His riding does not surprise me. You'd need to be a nut job to ride there anyway....

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=fbONWEL_pgY

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=XasWNT_KVHs

Their ability to spin out while driving in a straight line and not to actually notice things like red lights, double white lines and to turn left from the left hand lane is impressive.

Ha ha, potato.

FunkyHunk
11-15-2011, 07:06 AM
In Russia, crumple zone is YOU.

Spoon37
11-15-2011, 07:09 AM
Lol crazy stuff...I know there are bad drivers the world over but Russia does seem a bit extreme in parts, I would much rather learn to drive somewhere safer like Mumbai, India...

Also a couple of those cars were Audi's and from what I've seen on the roads in England, and vids from the world over on youtube I conclude that Audi's stop for nothing.

Still the Lefortovo tunnel is much safer than the rest of the roads in Moscow :poke:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=bwW_wL4TwZg

Ragnarok
11-15-2011, 08:58 AM
To change the subject from mentally challenged Russian motorists, Nintendo has pulled a Sony: Wii loses GameCube backward compatibility with latest hardware revision (http://www.joystiq.com/2011/11/14/mario-kart-wii-bundle-loses-gamecube-support-just-in-time-for-t/). This means that there are no GC controller ports, memory card ports, and no way to play GC software. Stay classy, Nintendo. :nice:

Spoon37
11-15-2011, 09:05 AM
It doesnt worry me...I have a gamecube and no Wii... :lolbeat:

I dont like the attitude though, you make a selling point out of backwards compatability and then remove it midway through product lifecycle? I know it may cut costs but it will also likely cut sales IMO.

In other news My Dad's PC is starting to look better, we solved the graphical issues by finding out the Geforce FX 5200 is not supported by win 7 according to Nvidia it does not have enough performance for win 7 - so we have cheaply obtained an Asus Ati Radeon HD3450(I thought Radeon was clothes washing powder???) which after a driver install and an AGP hotfix is finally behaving as it should and his display looks awesome! its also boosted his "windows performance rating" from 1.0 to 3.6 (ratings go from 1.0 to 7.9, the chosen value overall is equal to the worst value of about 5 categories) weirdly the graphics is still the weakest category, as hard disk and processor performance are reasonable given the older tech(P4 2.8Ghz + 2.0Gb DDR400, 2tb SATA(II) HDD).

FunkyHunk
11-15-2011, 02:07 PM

We have had maybe 1 cm of snow so far this "winter". It's been raining cats and dogs the last month almost non stop.
The water reservoirs for the hydro-electric plants in the whole country is full to the brim, so this winter the electric bills are going to be cheap :nice:
We have so far been around 7 degrees Celsius on average temperatures.

Gotta love global warming :p

Oh, and I'm installing Skyrim as we speak!
My thoughts on the game a bit later on :nice:

Ragnarok
11-15-2011, 02:49 PM
Nearly -15°F this morning. Supposed to be getting colder as the week progresses. Plus wind. Gotta love it. :nono:

Ragnarok
11-15-2011, 09:17 PM
Kind of an unpleasant evening. -10°F right now. Got severely chilled on the ride home from work. Fighting to get my insipid assignment done. (This is the first one that I've really hated - and I'm doing my best to keep from letting that become obvious in my entry.) The neighbor's dog almost nailed our dog tonight. For some reason he wants to kill our dog. He's tried it before. One time cost us a $900 vet visit to get our poor dog sewn up just below his ******. I'm prepared to attack the dog myself if it comes to that. A good punch in the nose or ribs is all I hope it would take. I pray it would never have to come to something more drastic. The thought of being forced to really injure him (or worse) makes me ill. It's tragic because our neighbors are really nice people. It would destroy our relationship with them and I would have hurt an otherwise benign animal. Their dog is fine by himself, but when he sees our dog he goes into kill mode.

Ragnarok
11-15-2011, 11:41 PM
For you scientificky types.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=rsuB-6-n-MM

What these guys are working on is incredible stuff (http://nanoholdings.com/portfolio/new-technologies/). I hope I see it before…well…before things get worse.:nice:

Ragnarok
11-15-2011, 11:58 PM
And for the rest of you…
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=FUflBKApI98

Spoon37
11-16-2011, 01:00 PM
For you scientificky types.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=rsuB-6-n-MM

What these guys are working on is incredible stuff (http://nanoholdings.com/portfolio/new-technologies/). I hope I see it before…well…before things get worse.:nice:

gosh :blink:

The Stray Cat
11-16-2011, 01:19 PM
I'd like that Ebox right now. What a great idea that is.

Oggy
11-16-2011, 01:25 PM
Hey guys, what did i miss

The Stray Cat
11-16-2011, 01:27 PM
Hey guys, what did i miss

Oggster I think that question in this thread is a lost cause. THis thread has gone from this to that and back to something entirely different. We've covered poetry, Ian's shed moving dilemma, a whole mess of other topics!:chug:

Spoon37
11-16-2011, 01:58 PM
Russian driving I think too...oh and some pc building woes...largely all solved ^_^

welcome back Oggy :chug:

Ragnarok
11-16-2011, 03:07 PM
The only way to solve Russian driving is take away their cars and their booze. In 24hrs, the New Russian Empire will implode like Charlie Sheen on a Today Show interview. :nice:

This week is the first entry into a new unit: Drama and Essays. The drama we're dealing with is the most aggravating, self-serving bunch of sophistry I've laid my eyes upon in a long while. Look for "The Zoo Story" on YouTube and you'll probably be putting your fist through the closest wall to you like I did. (Metaphorically speaking, of course.)

Spoon37
11-16-2011, 03:15 PM
heh and there was me thinking Russia represented an ideal market for Spoons new patented bouncing bumpers that fit any car! :lol: or maybe those auto braking systems being fitted to one or two cars(only seem to work for avoiding low speed collisions though) lately.

I'd rather not look up the drama by the way - I'm not a fan of the genre generally so if this one is made with a better brand of pure suckage I dont want to know.

Ragnarok
11-16-2011, 10:04 PM
It sucks pretty bad. It's very nihilistic and non-life affirming. I went ahead and decided to turn my entry as a rant against the story. I'll probably regret it. I more or less said that I refuse to accept the premise of the story, the premis being that man is simply an animal caged in the zoo of society. The main character gets the only other character to kill him over an argument over a park bench. It's like some perverted societal experiment. Man can look at his life so bleakly and poisoned if he chooses, but he's missing out on the more divine nature and exalted purpose of his creation. I hated this story and wasn't afraid to let everyone know. Most are going to pull the "intellectual college student" crap like, "Oh yeah, I really agree with…" or, "I can really dig why he said this…" I said "THIS IS BULLSHIT! Life is nothing more than a diseased hog pen filled with disappointment and hate only if you choose to see it as that and choose to live it as thus!" :rant: :bs2: I brought up Desmond Morris and his book The Naked Ape, saying that he makes similar points, but his ultimate argument is that man needs to accept his animal nature and understand his natural tendencies, but that he must control them. Society fails when the feral man is placated.

Spoon37
11-17-2011, 02:16 AM
hmm going out on a limb, but hey you never know it may work out for you :nice:

At least you have the knowledge of other titles to make reference to, I'm not sure what level your studying this at exactly but I know at Uni after about the first year academic arguments were worth nothing unless backed up by proper sources fully referenced and relevent(you'd be amazed how many folk failed on the second point there...relevent sources)...

The Stray Cat
11-17-2011, 08:30 AM
hmm going out on a limb, but hey you never know it may work out for you :nice:

At least you have the knowledge of other titles to make reference to, I'm not sure what level your studying this at exactly but I know at Uni after about the first year academic arguments were worth nothing unless backed up by proper sources fully referenced and relevent(you'd be amazed how many folk failed on the second point there...relevent sources)...

Yep, I take online classes which is mostly adults and the concept of relevent souces eludes them.

Ragnarok
11-17-2011, 09:00 AM
Well, the first person to comment on my entry was certainly kind. (They usually are.) She didn't see what I saw in the story, which was fine, because I certainly didn't see what she saw. :lol: I tend to go at things looking for philosophical or political agendas, and then judge if I agree with them or not. Certainly not everything has such an agenda, but I believe with all my heart this one did, and it was a very warped and misanthropic one.

spankrjs
11-18-2011, 08:13 AM
Nice truck:nice:

Ragnarok
11-18-2011, 09:34 AM
Nice truck:nice:

http://hvx-rc.com/forumstuff/emo/emo-whatyoudidguitarhat2.png

spankrjs
11-18-2011, 11:42 AM
:tumble:

Oggy
11-18-2011, 12:54 PM
hey guys, i've just listed some stuff in the b.s.t., and there is more to come yet

http://www.scale4x4rc.org/forums/showthread.php?p=874649&posted=1#post874649

Ragnarok
11-18-2011, 11:10 PM
REPORTED! :mad:

Spoon37
11-19-2011, 03:21 AM

Its ok though, no point reporting stuff from this thread no-one reads it anyway :poke:

The Stray Cat
11-19-2011, 08:01 AM

Its ok though, no point reporting stuff from this thread no-one reads it anyway :poke:

No one ever reads this thread, that's why there is 15,939 post and 251,161 views, it has to be the least viewed thread on the forum!:lol:

Spoon37
11-19-2011, 12:01 PM
pff dont spoil a good argument with facts :poke:

FunkyHunk
11-19-2011, 02:09 PM
http://i89.photobucket.com/albums/k205/funkyhunk/Funny/196e8e7d.jpg

http://i89.photobucket.com/albums/k205/funkyhunk/Funny/55d7d027.jpg

http://i89.photobucket.com/albums/k205/funkyhunk/Funny/whtoffgeeks.jpg

Oggy
11-19-2011, 02:11 PM
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=YSm9DDxQv8E

FunkyHunk
11-19-2011, 02:28 PM
^^ haha, cool vid Oggster, I had no Idea :p

I told earlier in this thread that I would give some impressions of The elder Scrolls V: Skyrim.
Here are my first initial thoughts after playing my character up to level 15.

The graphics is not revolutionary, but I must admit when I was up in the mountains and the snow started to howl barely giving me 10 feet of viewing distance, I started to feel cold. They emulated a snow storm very well. And when down in the lower parts of Skyrim I found that the graphics is a big step up from oblivion, even though they use the same graphics engine.

For the PS3/X360 versions I can't say that it is much better than Oblivion was , but the animations and textures are a bit better.

It's not very hard on the graphics cards either, I run it maxed out in 1920x1080 with 8xAA and 16AF with ultra detail and all distances maxed out with around 60fps all the time.

I built My computer 1.5 years ago approximately, with a AMD Phenom II 965 @ 3.8ghz with 6gb 1600mhz ram, and a ATI Radeon 5870 2gb graphics card.
I honestly expected a new game like this to put up more of a fight than it did.
Not that I'm complaining of course. :banana:

The story is similar to Oblivion for that matter, with you starting out as a prisoner witch due to fortunate circumstances end up with a fresh start.

The leveling system is quite intricate and very cool. You have endless character specializing possibilities. (Blacksmithing/conjuring/destruction magic/heavy or light armor/ranged character/meele character and so on)

I have probably done 20% of the main story so far, and have played 24 hours and 12 minuted. This mainly to many awesome side quests, and general exploring of the world. This game gives you countless hours of playing and is VERY good value for your money.

When you have a waypoint you have to travel (walk on foot or on horseback) to in your active quest you always happen to stumble over some interesting ancient temple, castle or cave you always get sidetracked.

Fun fun fun I say, I give it 8 of 10 Greatswords :nice:

Spoon37
11-20-2011, 02:44 AM
I think the main thing with the graphics is there havent been endless revisions of DirectX, so a card that was directx 11 ready 18 months ago is still kicking it today.

I've just upgraded to a GeForce 580, from a 9800GTX+ or to put it another way from a directx 9 optimised card to a directx11 optimised card, I have to admit on directx 9 games(anything based on the unreal engine, or any older games) there really isnt much of a performance boost. That said I can now run wow on 'ultra' everything which I could not say before - yet even this 2004 game has been updated to allow DX11, and soon will even have a 64bit client. I did drop the draw distance from ultra to high though as the fps difference between min and max was a bit large(41 vs 245), and I can't tell the difference as I still see distant objects miles away on 'high' (but now dont drop below 60fps, whereas before it had dropped to 41fps).

I'm saving my pennies regarding Skyrim so I can get Star Wars the Old Republic CE instead, Skyrim looks good but between Playing Wow casually and SWtOR I'm not sure I'll have much spare time :lolbeat:

:lol: I've seen the Darth Cowboy voice thing on the DVD special features 'making of star wars documentary' it also explains the chewbacca "Rawr!" Han: "well you said it chewy.." (which is actually peter mayhew saying "where did you dig up that old fossil?").

Ragnarok
11-20-2011, 10:59 AM

Spoon37
11-20-2011, 11:49 AM
:lol: Haven't seen the join the resistance one before, awesomesauce though :chug:

FunkyHunk
11-20-2011, 12:23 PM
http://i89.photobucket.com/albums/k205/funkyhunk/Anim/n0Oht.gif

pardonmyn00b
11-21-2011, 04:13 PM
I getted a nu car 2day^_^ ^_^
http://farm7.staticflickr.com/6056/6379602375_414fac8aa5_z.jpg

by bi tundar eye wil mis u.
tyme 4 scale fj cruzer

2k2cse
11-21-2011, 06:25 PM
Nice upgrade n00b! Get crackin on that scaler version! :whip: :lol:

Ragnarok
11-21-2011, 07:43 PM
Too sweet. :chug:

Ragnarok
11-22-2011, 12:19 AM
My cel contract ends in January, and I'd appreciate some insight from you guys: I want to move to a pre-paid setup as it will save us about $25 to $40 a month. I use my phone a grand total of about three hours a month (maybe less). I realize that if I had a girlfriend or anything resembling a social life it'd be a lot more, but that's not a factor at the moment. I'd like to know what you guys might suggest. Up here we have three pre-paid carriers: AT&T, Net10 and TracFone. I'm dubious about AT&T, so I'm discounting them right off the bat. What'chu think about the other two? Cost is a factor, of course, but how about dealing with their cussing-for service?

Spoon37
11-22-2011, 03:19 AM
Good morning gentlemen :tea:

Not sure Rag, Personally I use a pay-as-you-go(i.e. what we call pre-paid) deal with O2(BT's mobile phone service) which sounds ideal for your sort of situation, but obviously I'm not familiar with either Net10 or Tracfone...

Cool new ride N00b! :chug:

Ian
11-22-2011, 03:26 AM
Nays cruzer n00b!! The rear links are a bit skinny aren't they? Upgrade UPGRADE you know you want to.

Rag, i have no knowledge of any of them, i hate mobile phones. Why not just get an extremely long phone cable and take your house phone round with you?

http://i50.photobucket.com/albums/f303/Iansvecs/Funny_Pictures_General_Camera_Phone.jpg
My thought for this week: There's just not enough hours in a day!

The Stray Cat
11-22-2011, 07:22 AM
Rag, I have used trac phone in the past and they were always easy to deal with and easy to set up. The only thing that I hated about trac phone was every 90 days you had to add minutes to your phone to keep it active. It might not be that way anymore since they have expanded their business so I would definitely look into Trac Phone.

pardonmyn00b
11-22-2011, 08:55 AM
Thanks guys. I love the FJ! Better gas mileage, lower insurance and smaller than the Tundra. Win, win, win and an extra win because I'm stoked. I have a CC-01 and a Nikko FJ body. Methinks I shall build a replica after I finish my Jeep. Well, I have to start the Jeep first.:zombie:<--New one?

Ragnarok
11-22-2011, 09:17 AM
You Englishanderinian guys - :nono: :lol:

Thanks for the insight, Ed. I've looked at the Net10 phones (they have a nice sliding text phone that's not too expensive), so definitely I'll look at the TracFone offerings next time and see if they have something that's desirable. :chug:

I definitely don't need a "smart phone" - just something advanced enough to text a bit and maybe take the odd photo. My current phone, while I'm very grateful to have it, is a little aggravating at times. The fact I'm also on the hook for $50+ per month (although that's unlimited everything - it's part of my father's business phone contract, which costs him $100 + my phone) is a little more than I'd care to be responsible for. I never call long-distance and I'm not a chronic texter.

N00b: Yup. I's added it last night. :lol:

Spoon37
11-22-2011, 09:41 AM
I like my 'dim' phone ^_^

:zombie: is new, for just those moments when the best comment on a truck or post is a mindless foot dragging brain eating zombie! :lol:

THE_JOKER
11-22-2011, 09:53 AM
:postwhore:

Ragnarok
11-22-2011, 10:03 AM
Well, with TracFone, here's the only unit I like the looks of:
http://1.bp.blogspot.com/-0HvPyhn2g6Q/Tgz6qmqN6wI/AAAAAAAAAXs/p4zGUvrYsNA/s1600/lg500gSq.jpg
http://www.tracfone-orders.com/bpdirect/tracfone/PhoneDetails.do?action=view&productVariantExtensionId=10369551

It's the LG 500G. I'm downloading YT reviews of it and see what's what. $30 for the handset.

Net10 offers a Samsung T401G (the slider that I liked) that is $50 direct, but I swear that I saw it for ten less at Fred Meyers. They also offer the LG 500G for the same as TracFone, but also have the LG 900G for ten bucks more. It's similar to the 500G only it has a bigger screen.

I'll compare the service plans next…

Ragnarok
11-22-2011, 10:43 AM
Okay, here's what's what:

TracFone has 200 minutes with carryover for $30/month.
Net10 has 200 minutes with carryover for $20/month.

It looks like Net10 has the advantage here, but TracFone has a deal right now where you get double or triple minutes (depending on the handset). So I would actually be getting 400 or 600 minutes with carryover for $30/month with a TracFone setup.

Another angle, though, is Net10 is has a plan where I can get 750 minutes for only $25, but there's no carryover. So as I understand it, at the beginning of the month my allotted time resets to 750 and won't have any unused time from the previous month added to that.

The two handsets I like from TracFone are the LG 500G ($30 + double minutes for life) that I showed before and the Samsung T404G ($60 + triple minutes for life). The Net10 offering I like is the LG 900G ($40). They also have the T404G, but for $20 more than what TF is offering it for. :thinking:

A lot to weigh here. Even though there's no carryover time, I'm feeling like that $5 difference is significant. (I'm not cheap - I'm frugal. There's a difference. I think. :p) So I'm leaning more toward the Net10 setup.

The Stray Cat
11-22-2011, 08:19 PM
Rag, If you know the $750 will be more than enough minutes than I'd save the five bucks and go for it. I've never heard anything about Net10, I think they are new around here.

Anyway I rented the new Conan and Super 8 to watch this weekend so I'll give some reviews this weekend of these!

Ragnarok
11-22-2011, 11:51 PM
I hadn't heard about them until I saw them at the local food jobber a few months ago. All of these pre-paid cel outfits use AT&T's cel towers up here, so as far as reliability of the network goes, they're all the same. The only contention will be their cussing-for-service policies.

Spoon37
11-23-2011, 09:15 AM
I'm confused Rag - I thought the idea of pre-paid phones was you buy credit and use it when you want... these sound like "rolling contract" phones where you are using the pre-paid system but get benefits for topping up X amount per month, but have to top up X amount per month or the phone stops working.

I mean for all the calls you make your not telling me your gonna use hundreds of minutes and need $20-30 a month outgoing for the privilege?

I mean with my 02 deal in the UK I put £10 on it in early October, I still have most of it left so wont be adding any more probably till new year now. Yet 02 are offering a good deal for £10.50 a month if I buy credit every month...but why should I bother? :lol:

Anyhoo in other news I am browsing with a new mouse... a Razer Deathadder 3500dpi! I dont know if its technically better than the 5600dpi Razer Lachesis that it replaces but I think the laser is actually dying in that one so every few minutes the mouse stops working till I unplug it and plug it back in. I'm hoping the lesser resolution laser might also be less high tech and slightly more reliable as the 3500dpi seems needlessly fast/precise anyway even for games. Plus in the long run the deathadder is alot cheaper to replace too :lolbeat:

Ragnarok
11-23-2011, 10:03 AM
I can use these as little as want. I won't be penalized for not reaching my max. If I only need 100 minutes this month, that's all I'll purchase. If I need 1000 next month, I can do that as well. What I've been mentioning is based on speculation, or "repeat-budgeting," to measure if what I want is any real savings (and it is). The thing I'd buy every month amounts to $25 compared to the $50+ I'm paying for my contract phone now.

THE_JOKER
11-24-2011, 06:58 AM
Soon be Christmas.

Spoon37
11-24-2011, 07:55 AM
Aye, get yer baubles out! er...yeah... :lol:

What is amazing me today is the sheer volume of "black friday deals" type e-mails I'm getting from UK vendors to me a UK based customer... we dont celebrate thanksgiving, black friday or whatever unless you're actually American but living in the UK.

On the plus side its a good time to do some online shopping as most places are offering 5-25% discounts on good gift ideas...shame I've done 99% of my christmas shopping already huh? :lolbeat:

Ragnarok
11-24-2011, 09:41 AM
I've done 0% of mine. :lol: Been a tough year. But that's not what's important. :nice:

THE_JOKER
11-24-2011, 10:27 AM
I got a "Black Friday" one from Amazon but that was it.

Feel left out now, mind you it saves me money lol.

Ragnarok
11-24-2011, 11:51 AM
The ones I've gotten so far:

Amazon (several)
NewEgg (several)
Woodcraft
Tower Hobbies (several)
IK Multimedia
Native Instruments
eBay
Sweetwater Sound
Deseret Book

It's a bunch. :p

THE_JOKER
11-24-2011, 12:29 PM
I've never received anything advertisement wise from Ebay, just the "you owe us such an such" ones.

I like the stores that say "Hurry! upto 75% off!" an the only thing they have that is indeed 75% off, is a pair of socks or something stupid.

Spoon37
11-24-2011, 02:03 PM
well if you want the list its:

Ebuyer
Ebay (weekend deals you might be interested in!)
Tower Hobbies
RC4WD
Amazon
Allposters.co.uk
Deviant Art
Overclockers.co.uk
dabs.com
Cloggs.co.uk

plus a few dodgy ones I aint sure about opening offering me crap like life insurance...wth?

primus2010
11-25-2011, 01:29 AM
Ugh....no more black friday shopping at wal mart for me ever again. Waaaaay too many people that stink to high heaven. At least I had a good helping of beans at dinner and was able to clear an aisle or two :nice:

Spoon37
11-25-2011, 02:35 AM
Sprouts & Cabbage for that sulphury tinge are good too...

Anyhoo guys I may not be around much this weekend, I finally get to test Star Wars the Old Republic from 4.00pm GMT(10.00am CST) today till early hours of monday - I've been signed up for testing since March 2009 and its probably the last test until launch(20th dec, early access from 15th) so I want to make the most of it. Shame its the weekend of the last F1 race of the season though <_<

THE_JOKER
11-25-2011, 03:54 AM
Sounds like your weekend is all set/planned/ready to go!.

I might rob a bank or twelve this weekend, nothing else to do really.

Plus it would make a change from the banks robbing us.

Spoon37
11-25-2011, 07:27 AM
Yeah lol would serve them right... :lol:

Ragnarok
11-25-2011, 10:14 AM
Alright you Twenty-Twelvers, here's an interesting article: http://latino.foxnews.com/latino/lifestyle/2011/11/25/mexico-admits-to-another-end-world-mayan-reference

And probably the most interesting passage in the article:
The [Mexican] Institute of Anthropology and History has long said rumors of a world-ending or world-changing event in late December 2012 are a Westernized misinterpretation of Mayan calendars.

The institute repeated Thursday that "western messianic thought has twisted the cosmovision of ancient civilizations like the Maya."

The institute's experts say the Mayas saw time as a series of cycles that began and ended with regularity, but with nothing apocalyptic at the end of a given cycle.

Given the strength of Internet rumors about impending disaster in 2012, the institute is organizing a special round table of 60 Mayan experts next week at the archaeological site of Palenque, in southern Mexico, to "dispel some of the doubts about the end of one era and the beginning of another, in the Mayan Long Count calendar."

One of the things I find interesting is a lot of New-Agers are looking to this to be the beginning of a new age of enlightenment and spiritual awakening, rather than something apocalyptic. I'm of the belief that there will be an apocalypse - probably in 5 to 20 years. It won't be a literal "end of the world." It could be for some (depending on how one looks at things), but not for everyone. It will be the beginning of a new phase for mankind, not its extinction. When things are all "sorted" after the great collapse, there will be something wonderful and beautiful that will come about. Although I don't think we'll all be standing around chanting and worshipping crystals. :lol:

Just my opinion.

THE_JOKER
11-25-2011, 11:53 AM
All I know is this time next year, there will still be wars/crime/suffering ect ect.

Just a different number for the year.

If I'm wrong? doesn't matter really does it lol.

UK_Andy
11-25-2011, 12:24 PM
Im waiting for a massive solar flare that will act like an EMP device and knock us all back 100 years. My Land Rover will still work though..yay!

Ragnarok
11-25-2011, 05:11 PM
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Gg5QBrwKF94

That's right: he eats hot dogs.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=pIGgGV7uwU4

oldskoolmini
11-25-2011, 05:43 PM
hey fellas!

been busy lately. filling out orders and such. eaten enough thanksgiving food to feed an entire army. probably gained 10 pounds last couple days. I also moved into another apartment. same building. just up on 5th floor instead of 2nd. also got a nice view out the new one. i can see most of the town. and the most important thing about the new place, i can actually use my shower. the last one i could maneuver my wheelchair close enough to the tub. and now i can shower and i dont feel like a smelly hobo. or a zombie:zombie: love that emoticon. Then tomorrow i plan on trying to get that 67 Oldsmobile cutlass Im buying to start up. been sitting a couple years. i'll take along my camera to film the either glorious event or utter dissapointment.

Ragnarok
11-25-2011, 05:52 PM
Cool. What's the ghost situ in your new digs?

http://26.media.tumblr.com/tumblr_larehiybwQ1qe6y5io1_500.gif

THE_JOKER
11-25-2011, 05:58 PM
Im waiting for a massive solar flare that will act like an EMP device and knock us all back 100 years. My Land Rover will still work though..yay!

Future planning! I like it!.

oldskoolmini
11-25-2011, 06:16 PM
Cool. What's the ghost situ in your new digs?

http://26.media.tumblr.com/tumblr_larehiybwQ1qe6y5io1_500.gif

havent seen anything weird in the new place yet. but the apartment down the hall is scary! i feel weird every time i roll by it. i cant even stay in there more than a minute or two. place is empty right now. i will feel bad for who ever rents that one.

Ragnarok
11-25-2011, 06:21 PM
Is there a possibility that the place may have had a number of suicides over the years?

oldskoolmini
11-25-2011, 08:17 PM
yes. 22 reported suicides, 6 murders, and countless other deaths. the place has been around since the late 1800's. burned down a couple times. this place is creepy and i love it.

BADMUTHATrUCKER
11-25-2011, 08:25 PM

The Stray Cat
11-25-2011, 08:33 PM
yes. 22 reported suicides, 6 murders, and countless other deaths. the place has been around since the late 1800's. burned down a couple times. this place is creepy and i love it.

Well at least you're never lonely!!:chug:

Ragnarok
11-26-2011, 12:33 AM
That's like setting someone on fire and saying, "Well, at least you won't be cold." :lolbeat:

Spoon37
11-26-2011, 02:31 AM
Congratulations on the new flat OSM :chug:

I assume the cataclysmic predictions based on the Mayan long count where not actually written in stone by the mayans in terms of "you will all die in 2012 around 21-23 dec" which seems over-dramatic even though several documentries suggest this is pretty much what it says. its likely that it simply means that start of the next cycle of time (the next long count) and it was so far in the future they hadn't bothered making a new one. There could of course be a catastrophy right round the corner completly unrelated but as the mayans couldnt see the end of their own civilization I wouldnt guarantee them to be making acccurate predictions.

Oh and in other news Star Wars the Old republic is pretty good - played as much as I could last night(nothing extreme, didnt skip meals or sleep or anything :p ) got my Jedi Knight to level 8 following the story which seems suprisingly well realised for an MMO. I'd be playing it right now but the servers are down till 10:00am GMT (9.33am at time of writing)

oldskoolmini
11-26-2011, 01:02 PM
well bad news:mad:

went today to see if the oldsmobile would fire up before i dropped any money into it to buy it. well it turns out the motor is seized up. and for the price the guy wants i'll just look for another car.

Ragnarok
11-26-2011, 07:49 PM
Well, that's too bad. I'm sure you'll find something better at some point. :nice:

ColberZ
11-26-2011, 08:20 PM
Question- am i allowed to do this here?

Jdbrjrjgjrorwifudfuenwkdosfhdhcwjdjwkxwkkdkrfvyhim rfedrhydrgrigeotoetorototifiehhdhadhagdwfigjmbfmbo ojfhfevkrkgrjivkvihnvdnuvnvidvijdvnidvnidivdivjdiv invijrimtftvthbthbybgcrergtebgeb43433?!$42,.&'wvmceniwhewhcmkewokkoewokcijwqinzun7!ijjidijwirei mvkmwimjn8!bu?,g!b(hnn??>€€~£}{#}!{€{£,€|{.€]~!]€,{,~{],€~>{],*~+}{?*}€{,

Without getting made fun of? Lmk, thx

-colbers

Ragnarok
11-26-2011, 08:32 PM
:thinking: That depends: were you using your keyboard to scratch your elbow?

Ragnarok
11-26-2011, 08:41 PM
By the way, Funky, this one's for you…

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=LmqGHXsF1Lk

ColberZ
11-26-2011, 08:52 PM
:thinking: That depends: were you using your keyboard to scratch your elbow?

I am on my ipad, and yes :zombie:

oldskoolmini
11-27-2011, 01:04 AM
well my luck may be turning around. like they say gotta find the silver lining.

Ive been talking to a guy in Tennessee that owns a huge race car shop. he is interested in having me build him some truck/ trailer/ race car combos that he could sell with his logo and such. also talking about getting the funding from him to expand my one man apartment based business into something 10x larger. of course all this is just talk right now. but im really hoping this works out and i'm able to expand my company. please say a prayer to whatever god/ being/ critter you choose that this happens for me.

:bacondance:

pardonmyn00b
11-27-2011, 04:32 AM
Question- am i allowed to do this here?

Jdbrjrjgjrorwifudfuenwkdosfhdhcwjdjwkxwkkdkrfvyhim rfedrhydrgrigeotoetorototifiehhdhadhagdwfigjmbfmbo ojfhfevkrkgrjivkvihnvdnuvnvidvijdvnidvnidivdivjdiv invijrimtftvthbthbybgcrergtebgeb43433?!$42,.&'wvmceniwhewhcmkewokkoewokcijwqinzun7!ijjidijwirei mvkmwimjn8!bu?,g!b(hnn??>€€~£}{#}!{€{£,€|{.€]~!]€,{,~{],€~>{],*~+}{?*}€{,

Without getting made fun of? Lmk, thx

-colbers
UR CRAZEE

Ragnarok
11-27-2011, 10:31 AM
Hello, and welcome to Post Number 16,000.