PDA

View Full Version : between me an rangerboy - OFFICIAL THREAD MISSION STATEMENT POST #253

Pages : 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 51 52 53 54 55 56 57 58 59 60 61 62 63 64 [65] 66 67 68 69 70 71 72 73 74 75 76 77 78 79 80 81 82

FunkyHunk
11-27-2011, 10:32 AM
By the way, Funky, this one's for you…

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=LmqGHXsF1Lk
Thanks, that was funny :p
well my luck may be turning around. like they say gotta find the silver lining.

Ive been talking to a guy in Tennessee that owns a huge race car shop. he is interested in having me build him some truck/ trailer/ race car combos that he could sell with his logo and such. also talking about getting the funding from him to expand my one man apartment based business into something 10x larger. of course all this is just talk right now. but im really hoping this works out and i'm able to expand my company. please say a prayer to whatever god/ being/ critter you choose that this happens for me.

:bacondance:
I'll send some positive vibes your way :nice:

Ragnarok
11-27-2011, 10:44 AM
Some of those deaths were flipping ridiculous. "Eating too much," "smashing your thumb," "p¡ssing off nature," "jumping on the dining table," "punching cool people," "tripping on a kettle," "getting hit by a fish," and my favorite - "pretending to run a shop that isn't yours." :rolling:

FunkyHunk
11-27-2011, 11:41 AM
Some of those deaths were flipping ridiculous. "Eating too much," "smashing your thumb," "p¡ssing off nature," "jumping on the dining table," "punching cool people," "tripping on a kettle," "getting hit by a fish," and my favorite - "pretending to run a shop that isn't yours." :rolling:

Yeah, there were many good ones :bacondance:

Ragnarok
11-27-2011, 07:30 PM
BALLS! I was strolling through the GeekBench results for both the 2011 Apple MacBook Pro and anything running the new X79 chipset. I've marveled at the MacBook Pro's awesome numbers (which are better than my tower machine by as much as 2,000), but the scores LGA2011/X79 machines are getting are incredible. They're twice or better than what my Core i7-920 setup is getting. :mad: MUST WANT HAVE OF TO MINE BE!!! :drool:

I'll post the most impressive ones I saw…

18,578 (http://browse.geekbench.ca/geekbench2/view/520885) using an Intel Core i7-3930K unlocked hex-core CPU ($600) and an Asus X79 Sabertooth motherboard
20,060 (http://browse.geekbench.ca/geekbench2/view/520312) using an Intel Core i7-3960X unlocked/Extreme hex-core CPU ($1,100) and an Intel DX79SI motherboard

MacBook Pro Scores:
11,865 (http://browse.geekbench.ca/geekbench2/view/520488), Apple MacBook Pro 17" Early 2011 model with Core i7-2760QM CPU

Seeing a battery-powered aluminum waffle iron kick my computer's butt on these numbers is depressing. Hopefully 2012 will be a good year for me. :nice:

The Stray Cat
11-27-2011, 09:03 PM
Ok too tired to give full review right now so I will tomorrow. Anyway Conan was awesome! Better than the original on so many levels. The plot was good and the characters well developed, more on that tomorrow. For Rag, very little cursing and only a few boobie shots that are really unnoticeable.

Super 8 was great, it was like ET meets Independence Day, mixed with some Aliens, and a dash of Goonies for good measure. This was one of those movies you watch and gives you that back to your childhood sensation. Plus the story and acting was really good too.

Ragnarok
11-28-2011, 12:07 AM
Ok too tired to give full review right now so I will tomorrow. Anyway Conan was awesome! Better than the original on so many levels. The plot was good and the characters well developed, more on that tomorrow. For Rag, very little cursing and only a few boobie shots that are really unnoticeable.

I wouldn't expect much cursing in a timeline that may have predated the f-word. :p As for the "nuderty," I'll probably still pass. I'm a single guy that's never touched a woman, so no matter how discreet the nudity it'll still make me jump. Even an excess of cleavage can make me implode. :blink:

Super 8 was great, it was like ET meets Independence Day, mixed with some Aliens, and a dash of Goonies for good measure. This was one of those movies you watch and gives you that back to your childhood sensation. Plus the story and acting was really good too.
That's one I might check out when the price drops. When you say it's a lot like E.T. meets Independence Day, is that something like when the alien wants to "phone home" he's really calling in an artillery strike? :huh:

FunkyHunk
11-28-2011, 04:30 AM
Well guys, today My cousin and I are driving to the north of Poland to get my Ford Taunus from the bodyshop/upholsterer, and in the same time delivering my dad's '97 Mercedes C250td for a paintjob and rust welding.
It's a 2400km drive, so I'll be driving for a while, plus we'll have to take an 8 hour ferry ride from Ystad, Sweden to Swinoujscie Poland :)

Wish me safe travels :D

THE_JOKER
11-28-2011, 04:42 AM
Road trip!!!!!!!!.

Safe journey bud! :chug: <-----dont do that before you go btw lol.

FunkyHunk
11-28-2011, 04:52 AM
Road trip!!!!!!!!.

Safe journey bud! :chug: <-----dont do that before you go btw lol.

Thanks dude, I'll do that when I get home again :D

The Stray Cat
11-28-2011, 07:25 AM
I wouldn't expect much cursing in a timeline that may have predated the f-word. :p As for the "nuderty," I'll probably still pass. I'm a single guy that's never touched a woman, so no matter how discreet the nudity it'll still make me jump. Even an excess of cleavage can make me implode. :blink:

That's one I might check out when the price drops. When you say it's a lot like E.T. meets Independence Day, is that something like when the alien wants to "phone home" he's really calling in an artillery strike? :huh:

I can't really expand on the ET vs Independence day comment without giving spoilers!:chug:

Ragnarok
11-28-2011, 09:39 AM
Well, speaking of movies, in this week's assignment we got a warning that next week's assignment is going to be a beast. We have a choice: read all 136 pages of Hamlet or rent/buy/watch the movie version. Our instructor only mentioned the Mel Gibson/Glen Close version, which I imagine is because it's less than two hours long. At one time I almost purchased the Kenneth Branagh version (which is supposed to be one of the most true-to-the-play interpretations) but never did. I haven't rented a movie in about five years, so it should be interesting to see if I can even find any version without having to buy the dang thing online. :thinking:

(There's also that weird, modern version with Ethan Hawke as Hamlet, Kyle MacLachlan as Claudius, and Bill Murray as Polonius. :joker:)

Oh, and the following week I have to write a drama. :blink: :cryin:

The Stray Cat
11-28-2011, 09:52 AM
Well Good LUck with that Rag! I have no problem creatively writing but I cannot just put pen to paper under pressure and create a drama. Of course you have a whole forum of clowns and tools to base your characters on and you could always use Bronco's Mom as the victim!:huh:

Ragnarok
11-28-2011, 09:57 AM
Naw, Bronco would have to be the victim. :lolbeat:

I thought about a two-member absurdist play parodying Waiting for Godot (danged STUPID play!), or if the cast of Napoleon Dynamite were used in place of the characters in Julius Caesar. I'm not sure if it will be a comedy, a tragedy, or a misshapen wad of lint. It doesn't have to be very long; about three pages. What little I've thought about it, I was thinking if what I were to do was a film-y type of thing, it would be about a 10 or 15 minute piece.

spankrjs
11-28-2011, 11:22 AM
Been thinking about getting an original Wild Willy for a runner. Does anyone here have one or can make a recommendation?

I don't want a WW2, they just don't look as cool as the original:nice:

Dakillswitch
11-28-2011, 01:11 PM
There was one on eBay right now that was sold for 310$ :huh:

here's a link to it:

http://cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&item=180763562453&ssPageName=ADME:B:SS:US:1123

Or you can look at this blasphemy :lol:

http://cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&item=300627971203&ssPageName=ADME:B:SS:US:1123

BADMUTHATrUCKER
11-28-2011, 03:41 PM
That's been well hacked :lol: I think it's pretty cool.

Spoon37
11-29-2011, 03:55 AM
I'm back ^_^

Star Wars the Old Republic's open beta is finally over and it was pretty awesome! there were some bugs(many of which are known issues being fixed for launch), and sometimes the servers had queue's of hundreds of people(crazy given the numbers of servers but it was meant to be a stress test right?) but it was still epic.

Each class I played felt really special, they have gone to some effort to make every move feel cinematic and the conversations/cutscenes and moral choices along with fully voiced content really add something - as an example I assumed the moral light/dark choices would be mainly jedi oriented but I tried playing a trooper, early on you get a quest where you are told the soldiers are in real trouble as their medicines have been stolen by refugees and if you dont recover them "good men will die" - you confront the refugees who are homeless and desperate and really need food & medicines for themselves, what do you do? leave them medicine and ensure the death of your fellow troops or leave the refugees to die but carry out your orders - its not a simplistic moral choice.

I submitted alot of feedback, and a couple of bug reports but its looking generally quite polished for release. Only problem is me and my MMO gaming buddies got into a huge debate about which faction to play on Galatic Republic(jedi/troopers/smugglers - the 'good' guys), or Sith Empire(Dark Jedi/Bounty Hunters/Imperial agents - the 'other' guys) - having largely assumed it would be republic up till beta. I'm happy either way as I can roleplay either faction and will be happy to just play a good MMO in the star wars universe(I know there is SWG, but the CU really messed it up) some of my friends feel the same way, others want to play republic but then they have friends how will play the game but really wanna go sith lol... :crazy:

Anyhoo what did I miss? been pretty well out of the loop since friday afternoon :lolbeat:

:banana:

spankrjs
11-29-2011, 09:15 AM
There was one on eBay right now that was sold for 310$ :huh:

here's a link to it:

http://cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&item=180763562453&ssPageName=ADME:B:SS:US:1123

Or you can look at this blasphemy :lol:

http://cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&item=300627971203&ssPageName=ADME:B:SS:US:1123

I snagged the first one:nice: I watched one last week in similar shape sell for around $250, should have snagged that one:banghead:

A fair price for what these things sell for I guess? Looks mostly complete (even has the winch hook and original box), tires look to be in good shape, front grill looks intact, etc. Only bad: looks like it has two extra holes drilled in the bottom of the chassis and in the radio box lid.

I will do a thread in the 4x2 section once I receive it:chug:

Will make this my "Christmas Present":bacondance:

Dakillswitch
11-29-2011, 09:21 PM
I snagged the first one:nice: I watched one last week in similar shape sell for around $250, should have snagged that one:banghead:

A fair price for what these things sell for I guess? Looks mostly complete (even has the winch hook and original box), tires look to be in good shape, front grill looks intact, etc. Only bad: looks like it has two extra holes drilled in the bottom of the chassis and in the radio box lid.

I will do a thread in the 4x2 section once I receive it:chug:

Will make this my "Christmas Present":bacondance:

So it was you ...Great bud :nice:I still have mine from 1984
I know you'll enjoy it:chug:

Ragnarok
11-29-2011, 09:38 PM
What do you guys do for migraines? I've had a non-stop string of varying intensities since October. :cryin:

The Stray Cat
11-29-2011, 10:08 PM
What do you guys do for migraines? I've had a non-stop string of varying intensities since October. :cryin:

Used to be liqour! since I no longer drink I haven't a clue, usually I suffer through until I have the opportunity to lie in a dark place after popping 800mg of ibuprofen. I would try Naproxen (aleve) I used them before for a couple of severe migraines I've had. The funny thing is since I was put on my medication for Depression/ADD I don't get them anymore.

Ragnarok
11-29-2011, 10:47 PM
Yeah, non-drinker here, so none of that. :chug: I have "Excedrin Migraine," which amounts to aspirin, acetaminophen, and a mega-shot of caffeine all in one pill. I must've developed a tolerance to it or something 'cause it's no longer working. It never "worked" completely as it is, but it did take the edge off. All it does now is make me restless (the caffeine).

Gonna try to go to bed and sleep it off, I guess. It seems to get worse between noon and late evening.

FunkyHunk
11-30-2011, 05:14 AM
Well we arrived in Szczecin(!!!) Poland safely today and saw the car. I wasnt pleased with some of the work he had done with the paint, and he had to fix a few blemishes.
Looks like i'm going to have to stay here a few day :s

spankrjs
11-30-2011, 06:28 AM
So it was you ...Great bud :nice:I still have mine from 1984
I know you'll enjoy it:chug:

I think it will be a nice little fun project/runner^_^

It will also let me take a short break from the 1:1's:nice:

Spoon37
11-30-2011, 07:13 AM

Depends on the intensity... sometimes I close my eyes for 10 mins and that's enough, other time I throw up :puke: and/or pass out... :banghead: to be fair the passing out only happened once, I woke up with one mother of a migraine and tried to get up out of bed, really bad idea... :blink:

My father Has a prescription medicine for it called 'Dixarits' which I think are technically 'beta blockers' in that they help lower blood pressure, this is why you cant buy them without them being prescribed by a Doctor. They work for him, but do jack for me and my sister who seem to have inherited his migraines...thanks Dad <_<

On a lighter note how is everyone? :nice:

The Stray Cat
11-30-2011, 07:23 AM
Good here Spoon, SO SW OLd Republic sounds like a cool game. I can't do online gaming as where I live high speed internet is still a futuristic notion!:huh:

@Funky, make sure he does that car of yours right man, that is a really cool car for the hassle you've gone through already you deserve to drive a beauty!

@ Rag, yep I used to get them in the afternoon as well. I tried the migraine excedrin before and it did nothing for me. It is scientifically proven though that caffeine helps migraine symptoms. Of course for you who doesn't drink any caffeine that little bit will crank ya up.

Ragnarok
11-30-2011, 07:59 AM
Holy crap, we've got like five different conversations going on here. :blink:

Ed: Caffeine's not part of my diet any longer, but I don't fight it if it's medicinal. :nice: I'm going to take the stuff in the morning instead of at its peak this time and see if it cuts it any. :nono:

Everyone else: hope things get better for those with challenges, and glad things are good for those that are doing well. :chug:

The Stray Cat
11-30-2011, 10:09 AM
Spoon, just found this on RCC's Short course forum. I like Capt. Rex, he's my sons favorite character.
http://www.rcshortcourse.com/forum/paint-body/26121-star-wars-time-around.html

Ragnarok
11-30-2011, 11:51 AM
Spoon, just found this on RCC's Short course forum. I like Capt. Rex, he's my sons favorite character.

That was AWESOME! :awesome: It's pretty cool just by itself, but when you factor that it's a micro body, then it's even more impressive.

Found the replacement for my computer…

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=pGyc36KKdRw

I'd like to get this before May 2012, but I may wait for the Ivy Bridge revision, which will likely be available in June-ish. I'd get it through XoticPC.com. I'm not building the custom workstation. That's officially dead and I won't resuscitate it. I may not have a shop to build it in six months, and the laptop/synth setup will make everything more compact in case I have to relocate to smaller digs than where I am now. My current computer will likely be sold on eBay once I have my new unit. I may gut the thing and place the parts in a nicer case. If I can get $600 to $800 for it, the $100 for a newer case to make it more sellable will be worth it.

There are aspects of the Dell XPS 17 that I prefer. More understated design and far better on-board sound are two points, but it can't take anything hotter than the mid-level Quad mobile CPU due to lame cooling. The G74 series has killer cooling, so the Extreme-series CPU (Core i7-XM) will work without a problem. The Dell can take an i7-XM, but one has to do some modding to the case.

Theoretically, since the Ivy Bridge CPUs run cooler than the current Sandies, it might be possible for the XPS 17 to run an IB i7-XM CPU without any serious Dremelage, but the way Dell has their laptops tiered, I'm sure I'd have to get an Alienware wang-scorcher in order to get an XM CPU in a preconfigured setup. BUT, if I have to do a CPU swap myself, getting to the CPU is tons easier on the Dell vs. the Asus.

Spoon37
11-30-2011, 02:34 PM

Cool, extra betterness for being a smaller shell. I dont dig the modern clone wars stuff as much as some people, but I didn't mind the movie and the first few episodes were ok.

Your son might like the game Star Wars the Old republic by the way, the "trooper" playable class is very clone wars considering the setting(300 years after Knights of the Old republic, 3000 years prior to the Battle of Yavin in a New Hope), just a shame about the internet crappiness :(

Laptop looks cool Rag, hope everything works out with your new place/laptop/life etc :chug:

Ragnarok
11-30-2011, 02:39 PM
The moving theory was just conjecture. A "just in case" scenario. Nothing definite. :nice:

The Stray Cat
11-30-2011, 02:49 PM
Cool, extra betterness for being a smaller shell. I dont dig the modern clone wars stuff as much as some people, but I didn't mind the movie and the first few episodes were ok.

Your son might like the game Star Wars the Old republic by the way, the "trooper" playable class is very clone wars considering the setting(300 years after Knights of the Old republic, 3000 years prior to the Battle of Yavin in a New Hope), just a shame about the internet crappiness :(

Laptop looks cool Rag, hope everything works out with your new place/laptop/life etc :chug:

I feel the same way about the clone wars, I liked the two original animated sets they did on cartoon network but that was pretty much it. My son thinks Rex kicks Butt!

Ragnarok
12-02-2011, 01:28 AM
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=4WX58CZwyiU

My reaction to the above video…
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=emgeMj13cxg

http://hvx-rc.com/forumstuff/emo/emo-imsmilinmad.gif

Oggy
12-02-2011, 12:12 PM
hey guys, how is everyone?

could someone with the power do me a favour please, could you change my user name to

english archer

thanks

The Stray Cat
12-02-2011, 12:35 PM

could someone with the power do me a favour please, could you change my user name to

english archer

thanks

How ya doin Lil' John? Doing good here, trying to get finished with school for the year and started to get the house ready for the holidays.:chug:

Ragnarok
12-02-2011, 02:54 PM

english archer

thanks

Done. :bacondance:

Oggy
12-02-2011, 03:01 PM
Thanks Rag :bacondance: :bacondance: :bacondance: :bacondance:

The Stray Cat
12-02-2011, 03:10 PM
Hi there english archer, welcome to the forum!:zombie:

Oggy
12-02-2011, 03:19 PM
Hi there english archer, welcome to the forum!:zombie:

Thanks, i hope you guys are kind to noobs:chug:

Have some bacon as an incentive :bacondance::bacondance::bacondance:

The Stray Cat
12-02-2011, 03:23 PM
Yummy bacon! Thank you!

Ragnarok
12-02-2011, 09:08 PM
Scale 4x4 RC: where BACON is legal tender!

2k2cse
12-03-2011, 09:38 AM
http://a2.sphotos.ak.fbcdn.net/hphotos-ak-ash4/392172_10150493293615535_692810534_10765488_101174 3820_n.jpg
http://a1.sphotos.ak.fbcdn.net/hphotos-ak-snc7/s720x720/392172_10150493293485535_692810534_10765487_507486 68_n.jpg

Saw these today. The Mopar 11 Charger is one of 100 in Canada.

Spoon37
12-03-2011, 11:47 AM
Nice :chug:

I'll be gaming alot again this weekend btw, Bioware suprised me by sending out an e-mail on thursday evening(while I was asleep) such that friday morning I get an Star wars the Old Republic e-mail saying "you are invited to beta, starting Fri 2nd December" :blink:

Ah well at least there is no Formula 1 distraction this time :poke:

The Stray Cat
12-03-2011, 08:23 PM
http://a2.sphotos.ak.fbcdn.net/hphotos-ak-ash4/392172_10150493293615535_692810534_10765488_101174 3820_n.jpg
http://a1.sphotos.ak.fbcdn.net/hphotos-ak-snc7/s720x720/392172_10150493293485535_692810534_10765487_507486 68_n.jpg

Saw these today. The Mopar 11 Charger is one of 100 in Canada.

Oh my god that would have been like me dying and going to heaven!:chug:

2k2cse
12-03-2011, 10:34 PM
Oh my god that would have been like me dying and going to heaven!:chug:

Haha I know what you mean. I'm not even a big mopar fan, yet I drooled over them. Especially the Mopar 11 :lol: If it wasn't for the orange Challenger SRT8, I wouldn't have went to check them out. They also have a lot of Fiat 500s there too. I'm still not really sure if i like that car or not. haha

BADMUTHATrUCKER
12-04-2011, 12:44 AM
http://d24w6bsrhbeh9d.cloudfront.net/photo/856098_700b.jpg

Ragnarok
12-04-2011, 01:23 AM
^ :thinking: Must be some of that obscure Tasmanian observational humor, or somethin'. :lol:

Gotta say it, but the new Charger looks like a four-door Nissan GT-R :blink: That's not necessarily a bad thing, 'cause the new Chargers look so much better than the previous ones. Those looked like a halfassed attempt at kinda sorta suggesting the old '69 B-bodies but mutating it into a sedan form-factor, and then for no particular reason other than for the sake of being weird, someone grafted on a badly wrecked first-gen Viper front end. :nono: I still think the current one needs help, but it's still a huge improvement from their first rev.

Oggy
12-04-2011, 01:37 AM
Hey guys, hope everyone is having a good weekend. I've just booked myself into an archery competition, and I'm just sat here waiting for it to start

Ragnarok
12-04-2011, 01:50 AM
Well here's what's goin' down up here:
We've caught the Pineapple Express up here and it drove our temps up from low-teens to just under 40°F. With that it's melted a lot of our snow AND brought a ton of rain. The ground is still cold, so that means instant Black Ice Hell EVERYWHERE. We even got a call earlier this evening that our church meetings have been cancelled for tomorrow. I don't recall when that's happened before. (I'm sure it has, but it's pretty rare.) What we need is for the temps to drop back down to about 10 and stay there a couple of days so that the ice will be frosty and give some traction. :nono:
I'll be doing at least one class for next semester. Going to try for another online-only dealie like I did this last go-around.
I've figured out how to make a 1U computer system without using 40mm ear-splitters OR going passively-cooled. It seems a little weird that I haven't seen anyone else try something like it before. Of course it's just a theory, but I'll give it a go in a month. :) I'll also explain when I'm running the parts as to what I'm doing. It may be my first YouTube video.
I purchased two twelve-packs of Sunkist for "medicinal purposes" for my headaches. It's a little weird being back on caffeine, but this isn't a permanent thing, and as such it's not like I'm "back on the sauce." So far no results other than my heart skipping a little more than it usually does. (That isn't necessarily the caffeine doing that.) I'll give it another couple of days and if no-go, then I'm just going to shut up about them and hope they go away.
Also, the hamster fell off the wheel at UAA and I can't log in to do my three required responses to my classmates' assignments. I was able to get one reply to something someone else said to my own assignment, but that doesn't count toward the required interaction.
Lastly, I have two Alaska White Spruce boxes that I'm making for a special project. I hope to have them done so I can take some decent pictures and share 'em here.

BADMUTHATrUCKER
12-04-2011, 02:11 AM
^ :thinking: Must be some of that obscure Tasmanian observational humor, or somethin'. :lol:

Nope... Bear Grills, the weirdo ex SAS guy who eats bugs for his TV show, Man eats Wild... I mean vs. Wild

Ragnarok
12-04-2011, 08:49 AM
Oh, okay. :lol: I've heard of him, but I don't get cable, so I've never watched it. :nice:

And to add to my previous list, the Pineapple Express also has brought high winds with it. My bro in Soldotna had several trees uprooted. (They were black spruce, and they don't have very deep root systems.) We had a bunch of trees removed a few months back, so we should be okay as long as things don't go hurricane force on us.

Ragnarok
12-04-2011, 02:32 PM
Now 45°F. :blink:

Oggy
12-04-2011, 02:53 PM
Rag, your weather sounds............interesting

FunkyHunk
12-04-2011, 04:54 PM
Well guys, I'm just back from driving almost 5000km's the last week.
I got the car back and the paintjob was rather disappointing, but the interior was awesome :nice:
I'm just having a beer now then I'm off to sleep for the next few days :)

See ya when I awaken from my slumber :nice:

Ragnarok
12-04-2011, 06:20 PM
Rag, your weather sounds............interesting

Alaskan winters have always been chaotic. Every single winter I've ever experienced has been like this in one way or another. Just got this from my favorite sis-in-law via email about five hours ago:
Local Weather Alert~Issued by The National Weather Service Anchorage, AK Sun, Dec 4, 2011, 10:49 AM AKST

High Wind Warning for Anchorage, AK until 1:00 PM AKST, Sun., Dec 04, 2011

HIGH WIND WARNING IS EXTENDED UNTIL 1 PM AKST THIS AFTERNOON FOR TURNAGAIN ARM AND THE HILLSIDE... THE HIGH WIND WARNING IS EXTENDED UNTIL 1 PM AKST THIS AFTERNOON.

LOCATION... TURNAGAIN ARM AND THE ANCHORAGE HILLSIDE.
WIND... SOUTHEAST WIND 35 TO 60 MPH WITH GUSTS 75 TO 90 MPH ALONG TURNAGAIN ARM AND THE ANCHORAGE HILLSIDE. LOCALIZED GUSTS 45 TO 55 MPH THROUGHOUT THE REST OF THE ANCHORAGE AREA.
TIMING... WINDS HAVE PEAKED AND ARE SLOWLY DIMINISHING AND SHOULD FALL BELOW WARNING LEVELS BY 1 PM WITH FRONTAL PASSAGE.
IMPACTS... TRAVEL MAY BE DIFFICULT. LOOSE DEBRIS CAN BE MOVED AND DAMAGE PROPERTY.
PRECAUTIONARY/PREPAREDNESS ACTIONS...

A HIGH WIND WARNING MEANS A HAZARDOUS HIGH WIND EVENT IS EXPECTED OR OCCURRING. PEOPLE ARE URGED TO SECURE LOOSE OBJECTS THAT COULD BE BLOWN AROUND OR DAMAGED BY THE WIND.

(Color added to reflect the color in the email.)

This is particularly bad because my folks have to go into the Anchorage tomorrow, so I'm hoping that wind/road conditions get settled between now and then.

I got the car back and the paintjob was rather disappointing, but the interior was awesome :nice:

Well, too bad that not all of it was up to snuff. Hopefully there's a way to either correct the paint or that it's at least livable.

BADMUTHATrUCKER
12-04-2011, 11:21 PM
Ok Rag, some 40 odd things you probably will know :P

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=mghhLqu31cQ

THE_JOKER
12-05-2011, 04:58 AM

Touch of "hibernation" eh!.

Sucks your not completely happy about the paint, pics?.

Spoon37
12-05-2011, 08:42 AM

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=mghhLqu31cQ

Awesome :chug:

I'm not gonna complain about the weather, worst we had so far locally is a bit of a frost in the mornings, gone by midday ^_^ Still.... I don't live in Alaska :lolbeat:

I'm back from Star Wars the Old republic Beta testing...was lots o fun ^_^ just 10 days till it comes out for real :blink: :woohoo: :excited:

The Stray Cat
12-05-2011, 09:33 AM
Mornig/Afternoon fellas! Sounds like interesting weather for ya Rag! We've had unbelievably gorgeous weather. We are usually at least a foot into our total snowfall amounts by now, yet the most we've gotten so far is maybe 5" its been upper 40s and has even climbed into the upper 50s. This Wednesday we're suppoes to get our first real blast of Winter!

FunkyHunk
12-05-2011, 03:28 PM
Well, too bad that not all of it was up to snuff. Hopefully there's a way to either correct the paint or that it's at least livable. There is some correcting possible with a polishing machine but some dents that were new and the old paint showing through in some spots is not that easy to fix.

Touch of "hibernation" eh!.

Sucks your not completely happy about the paint, pics?.

The car looks nice from afar, so I'll give you the nice ones :p
I'll update the thread in the 1:1 section tomorrow or something like that, so you'll get the full scoop on the trip :)

http://i89.photobucket.com/albums/k205/funkyhunk/taunus/568ab455.jpg

http://i89.photobucket.com/albums/k205/funkyhunk/taunus/5e3dace0.jpg

http://i89.photobucket.com/albums/k205/funkyhunk/taunus/473b0040.jpg

http://i89.photobucket.com/albums/k205/funkyhunk/taunus/4871d32b.jpg

http://i89.photobucket.com/albums/k205/funkyhunk/taunus/4c0b1483.jpg

http://i89.photobucket.com/albums/k205/funkyhunk/taunus/34f8a118.jpg

http://i89.photobucket.com/albums/k205/funkyhunk/taunus/998a093c.jpg

And the last one when we were waiting on the ferry about two hours from home. Quite dirty eh?

http://i89.photobucket.com/albums/k205/funkyhunk/taunus/09a09931.jpg

Ragnarok
12-05-2011, 05:22 PM

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=mghhLqu31cQ
http://blagged.ca/wp-content/uploads/2008/11/thumbsup.jpg

There is some correcting possible with a polishing machine but some dents that were new and the old paint showing through in some spots is not that easy to fix.

The car looks nice from afar, so I'll give you the nice ones :p
I'll update the thread in the 1:1 section tomorrow or something like that, so you'll get the full scoop on the trip :)

Wait, new dents? :nono: Well, I hope thing will still work out. That is a sweet little car. It reminds me of a smaller, more understated 1st gen Mercury Cougar. :nice: More in profile than anything.

http://image.musclemustangfastfords.com/f/NoisyMatts67/8137525+w450+h338+cr0+re1+ar1/1967-mercury-cougar-1.jpg

Kinda. I guess it's the C-pillar and the ridged line that follows the rocker panels and wheel arches that are the most similar.

Ragnarok
12-05-2011, 05:36 PM
And as I try to finish my assignment on Hamlet…
http://img216.imageshack.us/img216/4428/spockwallpaperce8.jpg

THE_JOKER
12-05-2011, 05:49 PM
/\/\/\ lulz.

@Funky.....dude, that's one awesome looking ride!.

Ragnarok
12-05-2011, 07:27 PM
Saw Cars 2 last week, by the way. It was okay, I guess. I liked that 'Mater was the main character this time because I always liked him better than Lightning. This is essentially based on the same pretense as the first movie - a misfit in a new place, discovering that he's capable of more than he knew - only instead of the arrogant, big-city dude whose biggest fan is himself that gets trapped in Podunksville and discovers that there's a world outside of his own self-worship, it's the simple redneck hanging out with all of the cool kids, not fitting in, having his esteem smashed through the ringer, and then getting caught up in an international game of cloak and dagger.

Objectively, the movie gets pretty convoluted really quickly. I thought that the blue Mustang voiced by Bruce Campbell was pretty cool looking, but the story point of using this new "alternative" fuel in conjunction with an EMF ray hidden in the chassis of a television camera to blow up - and consequently kill - cars is pretty violent and brutal stuff, even if it's flying under the pennant of a movie about cute, semi-anthropomorphic car people.

Oh yeah, and the BMW Isetta that was supposed to be like Dr. No or Blofeld (I'm not up on my Bond baddies, so I'm not sure which) had a very lame German accent. It would have been better if the guy had tried to do a halfassed imitation of either Sigmund Freud or Arnold Schwarzenegger than what actually came out. I also figured out who was the real bad guy fifteen minutes in, so any attempt at plot twists was also pretty inept.

Animation-wise, it was really impressive, but the overwhelming visuals weren't enough to compensate for the movie's lack of depth or innovation in character or plot development. But more than anything I resented that this was yet another agenda film masquerading as a children's/family movie. Wall•E and Happy Feet made me gag with their overt misanthropy and self-loathing, and this movie was approaching that level of preachy environmania.

I'm sorry I'm so critical of this movie. I wanted to like it, but it felt cold. The Toy Story short that was included was 100 times funnier and vastly more entertaining than the main feature. Two Bacons out of five.

:bacondance: :bacondance:

THE_JOKER
12-06-2011, 08:18 AM
I haven't seen any of the "Cars" films, an to be honest it doesn't sound like i missed anything.

Nice review Rag :nice:

The Stray Cat
12-06-2011, 09:02 AM
@Funky sweet ride man!

@ Rag, I enjoyed Cars 2 quite a bit, didn't like the first one at all.

So I watched Our Idiot Brother the other night, it has Paul Rudd in it, if you enjoy stupid humor flicks this is one of them, along the lines of other Rudd films.

Ragnarok
12-06-2011, 09:36 AM
Well, I didn't hate Cars 2, but it rang hollow for the most part. The first one had its moments, too, and I thought that the way the race ended was actually pretty different - or at least wasn't what I was expecting.

I will say this: disappointing or not, it was a welcome change from the ennui and existential dread of watching Mel Gibson mope around on screen with intermittent psychotic freakouts and him quasi-raping his mother in Hamlet. (I about threw up at that last one.) I don't get how so many people, including the director of this movie, insist that Hamlet also lusted for his mother. Maybe I'm the one that doesn't understand the original meaning within the play? :nono:

FunkyHunk
12-06-2011, 05:01 PM
http://blagged.ca/wp-content/uploads/2008/11/thumbsup.jpg
Wait, new dents? :nono: Well, I hope thing will still work out. That is a sweet little car. It reminds me of a smaller, more understated 1st gen Mercury Cougar. :nice: More in profile than anything.

http://image.musclemustangfastfords.com/f/NoisyMatts67/8137525+w450+h338+cr0+re1+ar1/1967-mercury-cougar-1.jpg

Kinda. I guess it's the C-pillar and the ridged line that follows the rocker panels and wheel arches that are the most similar.

You may be on to something I think, It's not that unlikely that fomoco germany looked to the US for inspiration when designing the Taunus :)
Even though the middle section of the front was placed there from the director of Ford Europe at that time who thought the car's front would be strange with out it.
I like it none the less, it's my little buddy that car, it's been through a lot with me and it has never let me down so far. Touch wood. :nice:

@Funky.....dude, that's one awesome looking ride!.

@Funky sweet ride man!

Thanks guys :nice:

Today we got hit by the first snow since last winter so I took the car out for a spin on the snowy roads.
I drifted all over town having a blast :p

Now I'm off to bed :bacondance:

BADMUTHATrUCKER
12-07-2011, 04:56 PM
http://d24w6bsrhbeh9d.cloudfront.net/photo/912391_700b.jpg

The Stray Cat
12-07-2011, 06:33 PM
^^^^^^^^
Lol!

Ian
12-08-2011, 12:53 AM
^^LOL

Sorry to chime in here, but i find this to be funny ( in a way )

We've got some really serious weather here at the minute which started last night. It's now 07:48 and i checked the primary schools website and this is what i found:

Severe Weather Warning – Information regarding Western Isles Schools: Thursday 8th December 2011
Posted on December 8, 2011 by Faire
At midnight on Wednesday, 7th December 2011, CNES received a severe weather warning from the Scottish Government with advice that we should consider not opening our schools, or that we should close early on Thursday 8th December 2011.

Given the lateness of this advice and the Met Office forecast for our local area for this morning, we have decided to open our schools as normal. However, parents should be aware that schools may have to close early.

So because they got the info late, and even though all the other schools are closing, they expect me to drive all that way to take my children to school in this weather? I think not! That really makes me laugh. It's bad now, but is progressively getting worse and the last time it was seriously bad a fire engine was picked up and thrown into the sea! WTH chance does my BMW have:nono:

Ragnarok
12-08-2011, 01:48 AM
Like you said, it's not even worth the danger. Play hooky with the kids build a fort in the living room out of the sofa cushions. :nice:

THE_JOKER
12-08-2011, 04:20 AM
The windy season eh!, when you wake up in the morning with a new bus you never had before.

Standing by the fireplace, gazing out the window at the pensioners impersonating kites.

Chin up Ian, you may get a new boat this year!.

FunkyHunk
12-08-2011, 04:59 AM
^^^ yeah a fire engine boat LOL :tumble:

Ian
12-08-2011, 05:17 AM
Our sofas cushions are fixed since they all recline...I want to build a fort now too :cryin:

I have a new boat! See:

http://i50.photobucket.com/albums/f303/Iansvecs/Giffs%20and%20stuff/a97208_r6.jpg

Dat dang thang work real well 2.

While i was building that fine vesel, i also improved demisters in the vehicle:

http://i50.photobucket.com/albums/f303/Iansvecs/Giffs%20and%20stuff/a97208_r7.jpg

And while i was on, i upgrade my car security to get cheaper insurance:

http://i50.photobucket.com/albums/f303/Iansvecs/Giffs%20and%20stuff/a97208_r8.jpg

Since i had my tools out, i decided to wall mount our tv:

http://i50.photobucket.com/albums/f303/Iansvecs/Giffs%20and%20stuff/a97208_r2.jpg

I even made a very safe and sturdy ride for all the kids to play on:

http://i50.photobucket.com/albums/f303/Iansvecs/Giffs%20and%20stuff/a97208_r1.jpg

Hey, did i ever show you my new ride on mower?

She a doozy:

http://i50.photobucket.com/albums/f303/Iansvecs/Giffs%20and%20stuff/a97208_r12.jpg

The Stray Cat
12-08-2011, 07:27 AM
@Ian, first those are excellent inventions Mate! Secondly, I can't stand when our school does that crap. In NY everyday the school is open they get more tax dollars from NYS. So they try to stay open no matter what. Well when I look outside and I can't see the end of driveway my kids aren't getting on a bus.

THE_JOKER
12-08-2011, 08:46 AM
Send them in on sleighs Ed lol.

The Stray Cat
12-08-2011, 09:00 AM
Send them in on sleighs Ed lol.

I would have to hook up my reindeer to do that and that's too much work in the morning!:blink:

THE_JOKER
12-08-2011, 09:15 AM
Fair one!.

Ian
12-08-2011, 09:27 AM
I took this tonight, picture doesn't really show how windy it is, but going by the fact i could barely stand while getting fuel, it's bad. I have to check my dash camera footage to see if it shows the sea being hurtled over the road or not. Why do camera never show how bad things really are?

http://i50.photobucket.com/albums/f303/Iansvecs/100_0781.jpg

THE_JOKER
12-08-2011, 12:27 PM

Oggy
12-08-2011, 12:59 PM
Some pictures here of the fun caused by the wind in Scotland

http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-scotland-16094360

BADMUTHATrUCKER
12-08-2011, 02:44 PM
I just saw something similar in the local papers. I'm glad Ian didn't get blown away though.

FunkyHunk
12-08-2011, 02:46 PM
The funny thing is, that we will get that storm too.
But by the time it hits Northern Norway it'll be a normal storm, not that powerful.

2k2cse
12-08-2011, 04:41 PM
My car developed a major gas leaked tonight. I started my car with the remote, went outside 5 minutes later and smelled gas...thought nothing of it.. got in and left..less than a km later, 3/8 of a tank of gas had leaked out. I barely made it home on almost dead empty. Turns out a hose clamp that was on a rubber line between my fuel filter and the steel line broke, and the hose wasn't holding pressure. Gas was spraying out. All this in rain and 90 km/h winds..:banghead:

Ian
12-09-2011, 01:28 AM
Ahh, i had a Honda that also had aircraft grade technology installed. Mine was a more efficient fuel dumping system than yours though. I lost a full tank of gas and it stalled within a minute! Don't use duck tape.......Gorillas best.

Well, after the storm comes snow for us :( Wasn't looking forward to it this year, my bmw doesn't like it at all. It snowed the other night and laid a little and if it wasn't my front end slipping, it was my rear at 30mph.

Oh well, fun school run coming up. It's funny, they just built the new school with a hill going up to it. But, when coming out, that hill points at the sea, soo.... i see many people going for a swim today and some cheap cars forsale.

Dash cams going in the car since they don't know how to drive on snow here, they've only had it for a day or two in the last 3 years.

BADMUTHATrUCKER
12-09-2011, 01:36 AM
You have to post that video bud.

Spoon37
12-09-2011, 02:50 AM
Yes that would make a good vid :lol: - its bad enough locally when we get snow: I live on a road which has a slight incline to it, not much perhaps 1 in 16....but when it snows it might as well be labelled "Ski slope" for 90% of the drivers round here.

anyone know much about virus software btw? I got Webroot SecureAnywhere 2011 on the cheap(as 2012 is out) a lil while ago and it works pretty well, but since World of Warcraft got patched I have to switch off webroot entirely or WoW gets stuck indefinetly at "connecting" - now fairs fair I have got AVG Internet Security Suite 2011 too so I'm not leaving the PC without any protection at all, but it was working just fine with both and WoW 4.2, but since its changed webroot just blocks it. worst of all I've found the program/process controls in webroot and its set to "allow" for everything wow related...:banghead:

Ian
12-09-2011, 02:56 AM
Well that was fun. I got a few mile down the road and it was clear! It was as if him above was just aiming at our house. I wanted to see people slide down the hill at the school and into the drink :( They leave there braking until the last minute and just slide, and then after they crash they have that stunned look on there faces ( How did that happen? i don't understand, i braked but the car didn't stop ) I wish i had the jeep on the road right now, i made some money and got free stuff last year pulling people out of ditches.
One guy gave me the hind quarters of a deer for pulling him out :drool:

I'm just about to edit the video from last night picking Nina up from work, at the end of that i'll add a little footage from today.

Ian
12-09-2011, 02:59 AM
Yes that would make a good vid :lol: - its bad enough locally when we get snow: I live on a road which has a slight incline to it, not much perhaps 1 in 16....but when it snows it might as well be labelled "Ski slope" for 90% of the drivers round here.

anyone know much about virus software btw? I got Webroot SecureAnywhere 2011 on the cheap(as 2012 is out) a lil while ago and it works pretty well, but since World of Warcraft got patched I have to switch off webroot entirely or WoW gets stuck indefinetly at "connecting" - now fairs fair I have got AVG Internet Security Suite 2011 too so I'm not leaving the PC without any protection at all, but it was working just fine with both and WoW 4.2, but since its changed webroot just blocks it. worst of all I've found the program/process controls in webroot and its set to "allow" for everything wow related...:banghead:

I used to use AVG until i got that worm a while back and it completely shut AVG down and treated it, and other anti virus as an actual virus. I now use Avira and find it doesn't slow the pc down half as much as AVG. Other than that, all i can offer to the table is " KICK IT ":nice:

BADMUTHATrUCKER
12-09-2011, 04:01 AM
Kaspersky Pure all the way.

THE_JOKER
12-09-2011, 04:10 AM
Unplug it from the net FTW!.

The Stray Cat
12-09-2011, 08:23 AM
@ Ian, I'd love to see some people sledding in their cars to the sea!

@ Spoon, I use the free Microsoft security essentials and I think it works better than payfor protection I;ve used. Kaspersky is pretty good too though.

@ everyone else, morning/afternoon fellas!

Ragnarok
12-09-2011, 08:47 AM

I go commando on my Mac, but on my dad's PC I have AVAST! installed on it. No problems so far, but my dad doesn't do any "stunt driving" with his computer where a lot of people tend to contract malware.

THE_JOKER
12-09-2011, 11:52 AM
Ian seems to get a lot of computer STD's.....makes you wonder what he's always looking at huh.

In other news, the UK is officially broken.

Again.

And in other......other news, I'm finally going to watch TF3 tonight, I had it sat on the side for over a week but just couldn't bring myself to watch it for some reason.

EDIT:

Afternoon Ed!

The Stray Cat
12-09-2011, 11:59 AM
Ian seems to get a lot of computer STD's.....makes you wonder what he's always looking at huh.

In other news, the UK is officially broken.

Again.

And in other......other news, I'm finally going to watch TF3 tonight, I had it sat on the side for over a week but just couldn't bring myself to watch it for some reason.

EDIT:

Afternoon Ed!

Joker, what's up Mate? Ian doesn't look for anything but unicorns and rainbows, those sites are dangerous!:chug:

THE_JOKER
12-09-2011, 12:03 PM
Everything he searches for has the word "erotic" in there, THAT's what's dangerous.

An I'm grooveh thanks Ed!! how about yourself? xmas is nearly here.......you skint yet? :lol:

EDIT:

Oop, you meant "what's up" because I said UK is broken right?

It's down to politics bud lol, I'll say no more, 2012 will fix it.

The Stray Cat
12-09-2011, 12:15 PM
Everything he searches for has the word "erotic" in there, THAT's what's dangerous.

An I'm grooveh thanks Ed!! how about yourself? xmas is nearly here.......you skint yet? :lol:

EDIT:

Oop, you meant "what's up" because I said UK is broken right?

It's down to politics bud lol, I'll say no more, 2012 will fix it.

Nope I meant What's up in general with you, the US and UK are both broken, that's not worth the discussion any longer, LOL!

I'm almost completely done with Christmas, house is decorated, and now just waiting for snow.:chug:

THE_JOKER
12-09-2011, 12:21 PM
Nope I meant What's up in general with you, the US and UK are both broken, that's not worth the discussion any longer, LOL!

:lol: sinking ships huh!.

I'm almost completely done with Christmas, house is decorated, and now just waiting for snow.:chug:

I thought you had snow already. I've done all my gift buying this year......

Just need the day to come now so i can enjoy the best bit....Turkey!

The Stray Cat
12-09-2011, 12:31 PM
:lol: sinking ships huh!.

I thought you had snow already. I've done all my gift buying this year......

Just need the day to come now so i can enjoy the best bit....Turkey!

We've had snow, but its come and gone a few times already. Supposed to be getting 6" tonight and the temps will be finally staying in the low 30s so this should be the same snow that is on the ground in the spring when it thaws!:chug: We're having roast beef Christmas eve and a Ham christmas day! We have our turkey on Thanksgiving.:chug:

THE_JOKER
12-09-2011, 12:35 PM
Roast beef, Ham, AND Turkey?!?!?!?!

Where's the emigration forms?.

The Stray Cat
12-09-2011, 12:39 PM
Roast beef, Ham, AND Turkey?!?!?!?!

Where's the emigration forms?.

C'mon over Mate, you are always welcomed at my table!

THE_JOKER
12-09-2011, 12:42 PM
Packing my bags now lol :nice:

Speaking of food, time to make myself a sarnie I reckon!......something exotic....

Cheese

The Stray Cat
12-09-2011, 01:19 PM
What time will you land at the airport? Please tell me after the last incident when you tried to come over and you got lost on the high seas that you are flying this time!^_^

THE_JOKER
12-09-2011, 01:49 PM
Not my fault all the Ocean looks alike.

I'm pole vaulting this time, I reckon I have a fair chance this time around.

The Stray Cat
12-09-2011, 02:11 PM
Which way is the wind driving against the island where Ian lives? You might end up going the wrong direction!

THE_JOKER
12-09-2011, 02:19 PM
Anywhere's better than here lol.

Oop 21:20 here, time for TF3!, then an early night.

Have a nice evening Ed!. An if TF3 sucks, I'm blaming Rag for no reason at all.

The Stray Cat
12-09-2011, 02:27 PM
^^^^^^
LOL! At least you're blaming him and not me!

Enjoy it's a good flick!

THE_JOKER
12-10-2011, 02:21 AM
Well I got as far as the bit where, the car collector guy puts some mind control watch on Whitwikky (most likely spelt wrong), then I switched off for now. It hasn't kept me riveted like the last ones tbh.

Ragnarok
12-10-2011, 09:25 AM
The hugeassed nonstoppedness begins in another twenty or thirty minutes. You're not far off from the reveal of the Autobots that look like Mad Max stock cars in alt form and NASCAR trash as 'bots but talk like soccer houligans. They're actually kinda cool. :lol: After an "Oh no, what's going to happen now?" plot twist and a little more exposition, hell starts a-poppin' for a solid hour straight. The movie's almost best seen from about the halfway mark on.

In fact, I think I'll do that when I get home from work tonight. :excited:

THE_JOKER
12-10-2011, 09:36 AM
Guess I'll put it on again tonight then.

I thought I watched like an hour an a half already?! how long is this thing on for?.

Spoon37
12-10-2011, 02:36 PM
Good evening gentlemen ^_^

not much to say here other than... Star Wars the Old Republic: early access starts in a little under 2 days time... :woohoo:

Ragnarok
12-10-2011, 06:07 PM
Guess I'll put it on again tonight then.

I thought I watched like an hour an a half already?! how long is this thing on for?.

It's a good two-and-a-half hours long. :blink: You get fatigued watching it from beginning to end in one sitting.

If everyone's up for something that's quite deep and still has some good humor in it, I highly recommend The Help. It's not a chick-flick, even though it seems the studio is marketing it that way. It's very a serious period drama about an aspiring writer who exposes the secret inhumanities levied against black domestic servants by their employers in segregation era Mississippi, circa mid 1960s. If anything, it might fit in a similar genre to Driving Miss Daisy, but the serious aspects are more serious and not so light-hearted. The main actress is Emma Stone (never seen her before this - really cute in an impish way). She drives this sweet, sweet old 1960 Cadillac Eldorado Barritz. (Might be a '61 - I'll have to watch it again.) No sex, not much obvious violence other than implied domestic abuse and reports of hate-crimes. There is plenty of tension and stress, though. Also a fair amount of profanity and lots of racist dialogue, so be warned. Bryce Dallas Howard is in it, too, and she's responsible for about half of those slurs all by herself. It has its really sad and bittersweet moments. Definitely earns its PG-13 rating.

I give it four-and-a-half Bacons our of five. (That's four Bacons and one Banana.)

:bacondance: :bacondance: :bacondance: :bacondance: :banana:

Good evening gentlemen ^_^

not much to say here other than... Star Wars the Old Republic: early access starts in a little under 2 days time... :woohoo:

I was in line at the store and was hearing some clerks that babysit the Self Checkout yakking about SWTOR. :lol:

Ragnarok
12-11-2011, 08:52 AM
Trying to register for next semester this morning before I have to go to work (I HATE WORKING SUNDAYS!!! :mad:) and I get this little bit o' sunshine: "UAOnline will be unavailable Sunday, Dec 11th from 6:00 AM to 5:00 PM for scheduled maintenance." Not the end of the world, but pretty annoying.

Going to try for a Western Civ class. I have to work today if I want to get the first 75% of my tuition money. I built a mantle and I have to get it done and the first two rounds of finish on it today so it can be picked up Tues. Another job I did - a refinish job - is supposed to be paid for this week, but if that doesn't happen for whatever reason then I'm not going anywhere. :mad:

Ragnarok
12-12-2011, 12:12 AM
No Western Civ class. Every single one was closed for new enrollment (met their quotas). So I'm going to choose between Geology and US History. I've registered for both, but I'll likely only take one.

I'm going to be looking for a vehicle in the next one to four months. What I'm thinking I'll look for:

Late 90s/early 00s Toyota Tacoma. (Can a tall guy get into one of these?)
Early 00s Ford or GM minivan.
Late 90s/early 00s Chevy S10 Blazer 2-door.
Late 90s Subaru Legacy wagon.

My limit is going to be $3k to $4k. Any input from you guys on these is invited. :chug: I know the "casserole wagons" will raise some ire, but they're nice 'cause they have lots of room for the driver and tons of cargo space.

2k2cse
12-12-2011, 12:37 AM
Personally, I'd stay away from the vans. They can be a real pain to work on. Blazers are tough, reliable, and get decent gas mileage. My friend had a 1997 that held up well, until I rear ended him in my Ranger, and wrote it off.

I love the Legacy wagons. I have never been in one, but there's something about them that are real appealing.

I'm not too sure about the Tacoma, they had a recall on rusted chassis. I'm not sure what years that included.

Ragnarok
12-12-2011, 12:50 AM
I definitely like the S10s because I can get in and out of them really easy (I'm a big guy with limited flexibility) plus they're roomy cargo-wise without being huge. I particularly like the ones made in the last 10 years that have the slanty C-pillar. What kind of mileage did your friend's Blazer get?

What attracts me to the Toyotas is they're near unkillable (mostly - I know not always) and they're agile and fairly compact. I'd really like a 4Runner, but they abnormally retain their resale value like Rosie O'Donnell retains ugly.

The Subarus are like lice on a dog up here - they're everywhere. The Legacies and Foresters are the only ones that I find interesting (or practical).

2k2cse
12-12-2011, 01:18 AM
I think he used to get around 20mpg 70% highway 30% town driving. That was almost 4 years ago now. I'm not 100% sure on that. I just know it was much better than my Ranger.

I find that around here, the Tacomas and Tundras hold their resale value a lot too. A quick look on a local classifieds site showed that the cheapest Tacoma was a 2001 Extended cab 4x4, 4cyl with about 70 000 miles for $8000.

Blazers are dirt cheap here. The most expensive was a 2005 with almost 80 000 miles, for $5200

FunkyHunk
12-12-2011, 01:58 AM
I definitely like the S10s because I can get in and out of them really easy (I'm a big guy with limited flexibility) plus they're roomy cargo-wise without being huge. I particularly like the ones made in the last 10 years that have the slanty C-pillar. What kind of mileage did your friend's Blazer get?

What attracts me to the Toyotas is they're near unkillable (mostly - I know not always) and they're agile and fairly compact. I'd really like a 4Runner, but they abnormally retain their resale value like Rosie O'Donnell retains ugly.

The Subarus are like lice on a dog up here - they're everywhere. The Legacies and Foresters are the only ones that I find interesting (or practical).

I drove a Subaru Forester Taxi for 4 years.
They are great cars, but If you are a bit tall you maybe will think the seat bottoms are a bit short, especially on the 02-06 models.
Subaru in general also have very little problems, the one I drove as a taxi needed very little spannery other than regular services even tough it ran maybe 300km's a day for three years.

Ragnarok
12-12-2011, 08:37 AM
I think he used to get around 20mpg 70% highway 30% town driving. That was almost 4 years ago now. I'm not 100% sure on that. I just know it was much better than my Ranger.

I find that around here, the Tacomas and Tundras hold their resale value a lot too. A quick look on a local classifieds site showed that the cheapest Tacoma was a 2001 Extended cab 4x4, 4cyl with about 70 000 miles for $8000.

Blazers are dirt cheap here. The most expensive was a 2005 with almost 80 000 miles, for $5200

The Toyota I found was a '97 V6 for $3,000. I can't find the online classified ad anymore. :thinking: I've looked for it this morning and last night. :nono:

I drove a Subaru Forester Taxi for 4 years.
They are great cars, but If you are a bit tall you maybe will think the seat bottoms are a bit short, especially on the 02-06 models.
Subaru in general also have very little problems, the one I drove as a taxi needed very little spannery other than regular services even tough it ran maybe 300km's a day for three years.

I'm somewhat tall (6'2"). I figure I'll have to "try one on" no matter what vehicle I investigate.

Found only one Subaru in my price range (actually it's a little higher): http://www.cars.com/go/search/detail.jsp?tracktype=usedcc&csDlId=&csDgId=&listingId=74205887&listingRecNum=80

The actual number of viable autos in my price range is far better than what's listed on the lame local Cars.com listings. I just have to peruse the area because most people don't bother with classified ads anymore.

The Stray Cat
12-12-2011, 09:25 AM
The best car I ever drove for ease of getting and out of was my Dodge Grand Caravan. Plus I lots of room for hauling lumber and anything else. I bought it for 3,000 with 90,000 miles and drove it for almost three years without anytrouble at all except for the normal stuff, brakes, tires, Etc.

Ragnarok
12-12-2011, 07:03 PM
What year? I really liked the looks of 2001-08 Caravans. I really dislike the new ones. I know they're good rigs, but they're like a throwback to the ones from the late 80s.

Finding cars up here under $10K is kind of a pain. Cars.com and eBay Motors are both jokes. I have to cruise to find anything in my price range. A full-sized pickup would be okay, but the cost of gas is a serious issue.

The Stray Cat
12-12-2011, 07:16 PM
Mine was a 2000, same body as 2001!

Ragnarok
12-12-2011, 07:20 PM
I was thinking of the design that started at 2002, I guess. :lol: It had the taller headlights. But one of the vintage you had would be fine, too.

Perusing some more. If there was some way I could finance a vehicle (which is quite impossible right now) there are two that jump out at me right now:
1999 Toyota 4Runner Ltd.; 213K miles, black, 3.4L V6 - $8,000
2004 Chrysler Pacifica; 102K miles, black, AWD - $9,700

Either one of these would be great rigs, too. Least expensive Dodge minivan I could find was $8,000 for a 2003 vintage former rental machine with unpainted bumpers and 100K on the odometer.

primus2010
12-12-2011, 07:38 PM
So I decided to mess with my wife this morning. She is always using up the toilet paper and not replacing the roll. I took the remaining rolls out of the package and hid them in the closet and replaced what was on the dispenser with this:

http://i238.photobucket.com/albums/ff142/primus2010/IMAG0055-1.jpg

Ragnarok
12-12-2011, 07:40 PM
So…Troll-et paper? :lolbeat:

primus2010
12-12-2011, 08:01 PM
Funny you say that, I got a text message from her about half an hour after I got to work that simply said "WTF???" and I messaged back "trollet paper"

then sent her this:

http://i238.photobucket.com/albums/ff142/primus2010/laughmeme.jpg

2k2cse
12-12-2011, 08:17 PM
:rolling: That just made my day

richg
12-12-2011, 11:56 PM
I was thinking of the design that started at 2002, I guess. :lol: It had the taller headlights. But one of the vintage you had would be fine, too.

Perusing some more. If there was some way I could finance a vehicle (which is quite impossible right now) there are two that jump out at me right now:
1999 Toyota 4Runner Ltd.; 213K miles, black, 3.4L V6 - $8,000
2004 Chrysler Pacifica; 102K miles, black, AWD - $9,700

Either one of these would be great rigs, too. Least expensive Dodge minivan I could find was $8,000 for a 2003 vintage former rental machine with unpainted bumpers and 100K on the odometer.

My in laws have a Pacifica, it's a nice car and comfortable, but they've had quite a few electrical issues with it. My wife drives a '04 Chrysler Town and Country, it's a great rig, solid, reliable, and extremely comfortable. I've stolen it from here and hauled everything from plywood to appliances in it!

Ragnarok
12-13-2011, 12:11 AM
The Pacifica's way out of my financial grasp for the time being, but that's still good to know. :nice: Looks like I'm targeting a decent late 90s/early 00s minivan (any brand at this point, but Chryslers n' Fords would be preferred) or a Chevy S10 Blazer/GMC Jimmy 2-door, $3K to $4.5K. :) I've had cabin fever so long it's now cabin madness. I need a vehicle to get out more, visit my brothers in Anchorage and Soldotna, and maybe even find a woman.

Ragnarok
12-13-2011, 01:33 AM
For primus:

http://thechive.files.wordpress.com/2011/04/friday_gif_selection_01.gif

FunkyHunk
12-13-2011, 01:48 AM
This was the dashboard at that time:

http://i89.photobucket.com/albums/k205/funkyhunk/Funny/ea4d5818.jpg

Ragnarok
12-13-2011, 01:53 AM
http://www.threadbombing.com/data/media/2/bale_and_kermit.gif

FunkyHunk
12-13-2011, 02:48 AM
I saw a trailer for a new(?!?!) spiderman movie yesterday at the movies.
Wth is going on? It wasn't spiderman 4, nor was it with dopey toby.

Spoon37
12-13-2011, 03:20 AM
Ah yes hollywood: THE NEW ALL ORIGINAL SPIDERMAN 3D!!! NOW WITH EXPLOSIONS! :lolbeat:

I actually have no idea what the basis is of this new film you saw advertised but I'm pretty dissillusioned with hollywood & lack of original ideas & cheap revamped old stuff generally.

I watched the final Harry potter film the other day though with my folks, was reasonabley enjoyable - dont expect much acting from the 3 main characters though(Harry/Ron/Hermione). lame that its two parts but its ok.

We got Tin Tin on DVD too... I havent yet been bored enough to watch it though. I mean seriously the "biggest movie of 2011!" is Tin Tin by Hergé? :lol:

FunkyHunk
12-13-2011, 04:23 AM
Tintin looks like it's gonna be fun, but biggest movie of 2011?
I don't think so.
Even immortals was bigger.
I saw that last night in 3d. It was kinda cool, i liked it much better than 300.

The Stray Cat
12-13-2011, 07:14 AM
Funk, the new spiderman is suppoed to be a story about his origin more closely to the original Stan Lee story.

Tin Tin looks great, I'd like to see Hugo also. I'm not fond of 3D so I'll just see it in 2D, Immortals looked good too, but I didn't have a chance to se it when it was in theatres.

Ragnarok
12-13-2011, 08:33 AM
Yeah, what Ed said, The Amazing Spider-Man is a reboot. At the very, very beginning it was intended to indeed be a sequel to SM3 with Tobey Maguire starring and Sam Raimi directing, but the whole fiasco with Sony, Marvel and the egos of Raimi and Maguire creating the perfect @#$!storm, the decision was made to reboot it with a new director, writers, and an even more unlikable, nerdier, muffin-headed pompion in the title role. The villain is The Lizard, and in the character designs that have been leaked, he just looks like a cross between Killer Croc and Voldemort. I understand Mary Jane idn' in it either, which is fine. The Billy Corgan-in-a-wig whatsherface that was MJ in the original series was inane and uninteresting (oh yeah, Dunst - not that she'd be cast in a reboot anyway). Of all people, Sally Field and Martin Sheen will be playing Uncle May and Aunt Ben. :nono:

As for superhero movies for 2012, The Avengers and The Dark Knight Rises are going to absolutely slaughter The Annoying Weenie-Man, both in box office receipts and in overall quality.

The Stray Cat
12-13-2011, 08:53 AM
Yeah, what Ed said, The Amazing Spider-Man is a reboot. At the very, very beginning it was intended to indeed be a sequel to SM3 with Tobey Maguire starring and Sam Raimi directing, but the whole fiasco with Sony, Marvel and the egos of Raimi and Maguire creating the perfect @#$!storm, the decision was made to reboot it with a new director, writers, and an even more unlikable, nerdier, muffin-headed pompion in the title role. The villain is The Lizard, and in the character designs that have been leaked, he just looks like a cross between Killer Croc and Voldemort. I understand Mary Jane idn' in it either, which is fine. The Billy Corgan-in-a-wig whatsherface that was MJ in the original series was inane and uninteresting (oh yeah, Dunst - not that she'd be cast in a reboot anyway). Of all people, Sally Field and Martin Sheen will be playing Uncle May and Aunt Ben. :nono:

As for superhero movies for 2012, The Avengers and The Dark Knight Rises are going to absolutely slaughter The Annoying Weenie-Man, both in box office receipts and in overall quality.

The girl who was in The Help plays love interest in this movie as the red head Parker was in love with before Mary Jane, cant remember the name.

Aengers and Batman look awesome, I am especially looking forward to Batman.

Ragnarok
12-13-2011, 08:59 AM
Emily Stone. (The actresses name - I don't know the name of her character. :p) She's really, really cute, but it's not enough to get me to see some pajama-wearing dork-nerd sticking to buildings like a buck-toothed Garfield suction-cup window ornament.

I'm totally psyched to see the next Batman more than anything. :D

The Stray Cat
12-13-2011, 09:22 AM
Yep her mane is Emma Stone, she was awesome in Zombieland also, definitely a cutie. Her character is Gwen Staci, I think.

Yes BAtman is going to kick butt!

Rag; Are you finished with school?

Ragnarok
12-13-2011, 09:50 AM
This is my final week. I have to write either an essay or a drama (I've chosen to do a drama, actually), and then a test on the current unit. My migraines have become considerably worse, so it's making concentration and tolerance for…just about everything…nearly impossible. I'm not light sensitive, but anything louder than normal conversation puts me into a near seizure.

During Christmas break I'm tearing my room apart and organizing it. School and work have prevented me from accomplishing any of this, so now that I'll have a lot of free time (mentally, not physically) I'll be able to concentrate on getting things in order. Next term starts in mid January, so I'll have about four weeks to pull this off.

The Stray Cat
12-13-2011, 09:55 AM
Yes I just finished Last night at midnight. I'm done until Jan 11th. I have gotten 2 out of 3 grades so far and I am happy, 99 & 92!

What did you decide for the plot of your drama?

Ragnarok
12-13-2011, 09:56 AM
Genre is science fiction, plot is a secret. :p

The Stray Cat
12-13-2011, 09:59 AM
Genre is science fiction, plot is a secret. :p

HAHA! if you told me then you'd have to kill me, I understand! Did you get a chance to see Super 8 yet?

Ragnarok
12-13-2011, 10:00 AM
Naw, I'll probably see it in another couple of months.

FunkyHunk
12-13-2011, 03:39 PM
Google maps is acting up again:

http://i89.photobucket.com/albums/k205/funkyhunk/Funny/Image5.png

THE_JOKER
12-14-2011, 03:37 AM
:facepalm: :lol:

pardonmyn00b
12-14-2011, 07:12 AM
o hai

The Stray Cat
12-14-2011, 09:33 AM
I would love to see the google mobile going into Mordor to get the street level images!

THE_JOKER
12-14-2011, 11:03 AM
You know its cold when you get "brain freeze" but, your not eating ice-cream.

Ragnarok
12-14-2011, 08:23 PM
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=7rkdTcQLwZ4

You're welcome.

The Stray Cat
12-14-2011, 11:01 PM
Awesome RAG! Hey thinking of Willis and Swartzenegger, Remember the movie Commando with Arnold? Did you know the sequel to that movie actually went to Willis and spawned a different License. Die Hard was to be the sequel to Commando but Arnold was to busy to do it.

Ragnarok
12-15-2011, 02:05 AM
I had no yippee ki yay idea. :lol:

By the way, I should mention I'm STILL working on my final assignment. I've been working on it since 8:00AM…and it's now 12:00AM. Gonna be late, but it's gonna be huge. I dug myself a big hole, and rather than abandoning it for something else, I figure it's going to be less work to try to complete what I started. I'll have to finish it tomorrow night.

FunkyHunk
12-15-2011, 03:22 AM
http://i89.photobucket.com/albums/k205/funkyhunk/Funny/whtoffgeeks.jpg

FunkyHunk
12-15-2011, 03:27 AM
Awesome RAG! Hey thinking of Willis and Swartzenegger, Remember the movie Commando with Arnold? Did you know the sequel to that movie actually went to Willis and spawned a different License. Die Hard was to be the sequel to Commando but Arnold was to busy to do it.

http://i89.photobucket.com/albums/k205/funkyhunk/Funny/1553.jpg

Ragnarok
12-15-2011, 08:47 AM
^ Wow. :rolling:

http://i158.photobucket.com/albums/t109/zeus995/arnoldlook.gif
http://www.threadbombing.com/data/media/2/1237576305_arnoldbouncypecs.gif
http://www.threadbombing.com/data/media/2/arnoldschwarzeneggerinaction1.gi.gif

Ragnarok
12-15-2011, 09:20 AM
Oh, and…
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=RFaE8eg4RQw

THE_JOKER
12-15-2011, 10:45 AM
Nutty!.

Ragnarok
12-15-2011, 02:21 PM
I gets ta go see a dentiff tomorry. :nono: It means I'm broke again. :( No fun.

Ragnarok
12-16-2011, 01:52 AM
I got my final assignment in. It was so long that I had to include an apology at the end. 6,300 words and 12 pages, single-spaced.

Tomorrow I get to see a dentist and have him tell me I have some horrible gum disease and I'll get to have my teeth, tongue, and for no apparent reason, my eyebrows extracted. Happy day.

The Stray Cat
12-16-2011, 07:06 AM
Good luck with deftist and your final dramatic comedy Rag!

Ragnarok
12-16-2011, 08:33 AM
Oh man is this ever funny…

NO ONE has commented on my assignment. :lol: :cryin: :lol:

I had an idea that I wanted to try, but it got so big and convoluted that it wouldn't stop growing. The thing is I had to give the thing an ending. When I got to the point where I realized that it was going out of control, I felt I had two options: see it through to the end or do something like this:

Okay, so, there was, like, this guy…at a place. Annnd, then some stuff happens. I think. Uh, yeah.

The end.

Instead I slogged through it and gave the instructor something along the lines of Waterworld: a massive, trainwreck of a drama in pseudo-screenplay format.

The Stray Cat
12-16-2011, 10:10 AM
Oh man is this ever funny…

NO ONE has commented on my assignment. :lol: :cryin: :lol:

I had an idea that I wanted to try, but it got so big and convoluted that it wouldn't stop growing. The thing is I had to give the thing an ending. When I got to the point where I realized that it was going out of control, I felt I had two options: see it through to the end or do something like this:

Okay, so, there was, like, this guy…at a place. Annnd, then some stuff happens. I think. Uh, yeah.

The end.

Instead I slogged through it and gave the instructor something along the lines of Waterworld: a massive, trainwreck of a drama in pseudo-screenplay format.

Can I read it? I'll give you some feedback. Waterworld meets Avatar???:chug:

Ragnarok
12-16-2011, 01:19 PM
I meant Waterworld in a figurative sense. :p WW was a titanic disaster: overbudget, misguided and confounded direction and editing. It's just kinda how I felt writing this stupid thing. :lol: It took forever, I felt directionless more than once, and the instructor n' classmates are probably going to be bored stupid before they hit the halfway mark. :blink:

The Stray Cat
12-16-2011, 02:12 PM
I meant Waterworld in a figurative sense. :p WW was a titanic disaster: overbudget, misguided and confounded direction and editing. It's just kinda how I felt writing this stupid thing. :lol: It took forever, I felt directionless more than once, and the instructor n' classmates are probably going to be bored stupid before they hit the halfway mark. :blink:

I knew what ya meant by the WW reference, that movie was trailered as this epic, Mad Max on water type of movie and it turned into a movie about racism, pedophilia, and anti-smoking. What the hell!:zombie:

Ragnarok
12-16-2011, 03:11 PM
Yeeeeeaaaaah…that's definitely not the angle I took. :lol: The protagonist in my assignment was something akin to the old stories of Herakles (alt. Hercules). Kinda. Sorta. :lol:

Here's how my apology was worded:
Folks, I really don't know what to say for myself. I'm very sorry. I had an idea that I wanted to try, and ended up digging a huge hole for myself. I got so mired into it that I couldn't change gears and do a simpler drama or an essay. As a result it ended up a day late and almost 6,300 words long. It's a train wreck.

Is this pretentious? You bet. Is it hard to follow and contrived? Absolutely. Is it ridiculously long and probably not worth the time to read it? I guarantee it. Are there potential plot holes and other elements left unexplained that would have made it more comprehensible? Is there water at the bottom of the ocean?

But here it is. For better or worse.

EDIT: The climax is also a bit violent. It's not super graphic, but it would probably be a really hard PG-13.

Just got my first comment, and it's from the instructor:
No apology needed, you obviosly took the assignment very seriously and also let your creativity flow completely. I enjoyed it!

Well, that wasn't too bad. :lol:

Ragnarok
12-16-2011, 11:59 PM
Well, here's my end-of-term checklist:

Final assignment turned in? Check.
Three + comments on other student's assignment? Check.
Passed final test? Check. (Aced it, actually.)
Realize that I'm only 199 posts away from 10,000? Check and check.

:lolbeat:

Spoon37
12-18-2011, 01:01 PM
congratulations Rag, sound like you are all set for Christmas, how did the dentift go btw?

as for the film references... I quite enjoyed WaterWorld...it was at the very least different.

I also watched Die Hard 4.0 today with my Dad...quite enjoyable considering all its silly stunt spectacular effects and techno babble (that doesn't sit right for anyone who knows anything in-depth about computers but sounds plausible for the woefully ignorant). I still think the earlier films were better but what the heck, I enjoyed it.

:tea:

Ragnarok
12-18-2011, 01:37 PM
Ready for Christmas? Academically, yes. Shopping-wise, no. My last little payday went to the tooth fairy.
Dentist visit was…different. It was my first time to a dentist, ever. (I've never needed to go to one.) Long story short, I have a bacterial infection in a couple of my molars. It's attacking my teeth at the root. Solution: deep cleaning. Full eval 2nd week of Jan, first round end of Jan, final round ???. I'll schedule that after my first round. I need to make sure I'll have money.

About it.

Ragnarok
12-18-2011, 01:51 PM
Oh, I got my final grade for my class: 397/400. That's a 99.25%. I've never had a class with a grade this high, ever. I had two assignments where I was docked half a point for omitting something and my first test was two points shy of full credit.

The Stray Cat
12-18-2011, 02:33 PM
Awesome job Rag, I just received my final grades Friday for this semester, 99, 96, 92!

Ragnarok
12-18-2011, 03:53 PM
Thanks. :chug: I also just got my Christmas shopping done. I can only afford to shop for my parents this year, which is fine. Next year, things will be different. :nice:

Ragnarok
12-19-2011, 08:31 AM
Anybody else notice that Yoda laughs a lot like Dr. Hibbert?

FunkyHunk
12-19-2011, 04:40 PM
I think I'm going to try Saints Row 3 for PC tomorrow.
Anybody here try it?

Spoon37
12-20-2011, 02:28 AM
Anybody else notice that Yoda laughs a lot like Dr. Hibbert?

Yes! :lol:

Weirdly they must have based Hibbert on Yoda though based on when each first appeared...

Congrats on the grades btw Rag! :chug:

Havent tried saints row 3 FH, Too busy with Star Wars the Old Republic...which launches today :woohoo: Still I have a slight head start, I got in early access on the evening of the 13th Dec, so my main character there is level 22(of 50), and has a Starship, and is currently trying to finish off Taris (those who played Knights of the Old republic will know why this is nostalgic for me, especially as there is a quest to go check out the wreckage of the Endar Spire).

Wish you were here?

Ragnarok
12-20-2011, 02:33 PM
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=GokKUqLcvD8
You're welcome.

FunkyHunk
12-20-2011, 04:32 PM
I seriously gotta say that it looks like a darn good flick. I can't wait :nice:

sk8te-penguin
12-20-2011, 05:00 PM
I have 100% completed Driver San Francisco in 5 days... Well the offline mode anyway, couldn't be arsed with online.

FunkyHunk
12-20-2011, 06:32 PM
I have 100% completed Driver San Francisco in 5 days... Well the offline mode anyway, couldn't be arsed with online.

Good going :nice:
I remember I got a gold trophy for completing story mode in GTA4 in under 30 hours.
I don't want to think about how much time it will take to complete it 100% :puke:

Oh, and mobile phone producers lawsuits OMGLOL!!:

http://i89.photobucket.com/albums/k205/funkyhunk/Funny/Mobilephonelawsuits.jpg

Ragnarok
12-20-2011, 11:42 PM
I seriously gotta say that it looks like a darn good flick. I can't wait :nice:

I'm more stoked for this movie than I am The Hobbit and The Avengers combined. :excited:

FunkyHunk
12-21-2011, 07:13 AM
I'm more stoked for this movie than I am The Hobbit and The Avengers combined. :excited:

http://s3.amazonaws.com/giles/spiders_110611/son-i-am-disappoint1re2.jpg

How can you say that? It's like I don't know you anymore! :huh: :confused:

Ragnarok
12-21-2011, 08:41 AM
^ Peter Postlethwaite, RIP.

Well, The Hobbit is going to seriously rock, no doubt. First official trailer below…

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=eM--4UklaL4

The new theme introduced in the trailer was pretty awesome.

And I'm sure The Avengers will be okay. (I still have my doubts that it will be asskickingly awesome. If they botch the Hulk, it won't matter how awesome Cap, Thor, wutzerbutt and their villains are, the movie'll lose whatever legitimacy it could have had with me.) BUT DKR is a film I've been anticipating for a long, long time. Hands down, Nolan's Batman has been the most awesome (and believable) superhero interpretation ever done. I wasn't sure how Bane was going to be handled, but the trailer shows it should be pretty rad. An interview with Hans Zimmer has me pretty stoked about the soundtrack, too. Similar to the gimmick with the cello strings that would drift until it resolved in one big scary unison chord with the Joker, the crowd chants (sourced from several thousand online submissions) are going to be part of Bane's "theme." Heck, the little exchange between Wayne and Catwoman shows she could be pretty rad, too.

THE_JOKER
12-21-2011, 12:50 PM
Oh, I got my final grade for my class: 397/400. That's a 99.25%. I've never had a class with a grade this high, ever. I had two assignments where I was docked half a point for omitting something and my first test was two points shy of full credit.

Awesome job Rag, I just received my final grades Friday for this semester, 99, 96, 92!

:metal: :giggity:

THE_JOKER
12-22-2011, 04:01 AM
http://funandmusic.biz/funny-pic-christmas-santa-died-laughing.jpg

http://funandmusic.biz/funny-pic-christmas-9th-christmas-reindeer.jpg

http://4.bp.blogspot.com/_iAtcxOucMd8/TP8Dos3p58I/AAAAAAAAAfI/RgU9z2w7P_k/s400/funny+christmas+cartoon.jpg

http://3.bp.blogspot.com/-XSLtgqe001E/TrK7u5x4DEI/AAAAAAAATEM/UB8rZWCRVCo/s1600/funny-cartoon-merry-christmas.jpg

Soon be here :D

FunkyHunk
12-22-2011, 05:44 AM
^^^That's funny Right there :D

Well we have the darkest days of the year here now a days.
The winter solstice (or what it's called in the US) was yesterday, the 21st dec, so from now on the days can only become longer.
I like it :D
That means that we get more than two three hours daylight in a few days time.
Children of darkness indeed :nice:

primus2010
12-22-2011, 07:01 AM
So I went out and spent a bunch of money on the wife's Christmas gift, a super fancy computerized sewing machine to be exact, and I'm trying to rack my brain on some scale bits she can make for me. I'd try it myself but last time I used one Dad got the pliers out and pulled a needle from my finger :D

Anyway, any thoughts? I was thinking maybe some seat covers for my wraith, doubled up shoes strings for pull straps, etc, that's about as creative as I can get this early in the morning.

Spoon37
12-22-2011, 07:11 AM
:lol: love the Christmassy stuff joker!

Primus - I'm thinking maybe a spare tyre cover or something? depends on the style of the scaler obviously.

Today the grace period for Star Wars the Old Republic ran out, servers were taken down for maintenance last night and back up this morning but you need a gamecard or a subscription to play from today onwards...so naturally with a couple of million players trying to get on the website(which was also down until around 12.30 GMT) to set up subs or use a game time card thingy the whole site is running almsot at a stand still, so I cant sign up, cant pay, and cant play :(

Ragnarok
12-23-2011, 11:44 AM
I got one more for you…

Ragnarok
12-23-2011, 11:48 AM
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-E5GBc6YuQY
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=X_LbCKgo5aU

You're welcome.

Ragnarok
12-23-2011, 01:08 PM
Holy crap, folks!

"New Air Jordans Cause Shopping Frenzy Across U.S." (http://www.foxnews.com/us/2011/12/23/police-4-arrested-in-georgia-in-mad-dash-for-air-jordans)

Shoppers stood in long lines through the night to get their hands on a retro version of one of the most popular models of Air Jordans ever made. The fights were reminiscent of violence that broke out in the early 1990s on streets across America as the shoes became popular targets for thieves.

In suburban Seattle, police used pepper spray on about 20 customers who started fighting at the Westfield Southcenter mall early Friday.

Tukwila Officer Mike Murphy said people started gathering around midnight at four stores in the mall for a chance to buy the shoes, which retail for about $180 a pair. The crowd grew to more than 1,000 people by 4 a.m., when the stores opened, he said.

"Around 3 (a.m.) there started to be some fighting and pushing among the customers," Murphy said. "Around 4, it started to get pretty unruly and officers sprayed pepper spray on a few people who were fighting, and that seemed to do the trick to break them up."

He said no injuries were reported, although some people suffered cuts or scrapes from fights. One man was arrested for assault after authorities say he pushed an officer.

"He did not get his shoes; he went to jail," Murphy said.

Arrests also were reported at stores in Georgia and Michigan.

That's only about 1/5th of the full article and I haven't even quoted the worst of it.

Allegedly sane, mature adults acting in a way that would shame a bunch of retarded baboons, trampling and beating the **** out of each other over STUPIDASSED shoes that cost Nike $1.50 to make in a sweatshop in Vietnam. Thanks a bunch. Those of us in this country that value the true, good, and beautiful things in life, and pray for better days will have you greedy, slobbering, inbred Australopithecines to thank for our decline and impending ruination.

Ragnarok
12-23-2011, 01:22 PM
By the way, that was a rhetorical "you" in my previous post: I wasn't addressing anyone in this forum. No one here would act like this. I don't care if there was a sub-$300 Bruiser/Mountaineer reissue available only at Target (how's that for absurdity?), you guys wouldn't act like that.

oldskoolmini
12-23-2011, 09:56 PM
hey fellas! :wave:

how's everyone been? havent been on much. business has picked up and ive been busy. finally getting some time off and going to Alabama for christmas with family. Going deer hunting on christmas day too. Mom's fiance is going to try and put me on a trailer, strap me down, and pull me into the woods with his tractor. then they will set up a blind on top of the trailer. im hoping i will bag a deer! Also in the news lol, ive found another car to buy and race, this one has actually been on the track for one race this season. and im buying it for a whopping $200 race ready minus roll cage and safety equipment. the car is a late 70's buick station wagon. weighs close to 6200 lbs and is slower than all get out. but that will change soon lol.

http://i1189.photobucket.com/albums/z437/redclayreplicas/453.jpg

ive also expanded my business. im now designing vinyl wraps for some full size race cars and some helmets. so hopefully my designs and business name will be on a few cars this next year. some of my designs can be found here: http://s1189.photobucket.com/albums/z437/redclayreplicas/race%20car%20and%20helmet%20wraps/

http://i1189.photobucket.com/albums/z437/redclayreplicas/race%20car%20and%20helmet%20wraps/DustinSoutherlandGFXfinal.jpg

Ragnarok
12-24-2011, 12:50 AM
Cool beans, OSM. I take it that the business is doing well then? Good luck on your diversification. :)

I thought I'd bring this up again: looking at the latest mid-range "Enthusiast" CPU from Intel (Core i7-3930K - $600-ish) and recent Geekbench scores associated with it. The majority of them range between 17K and 19K, but I found some that are in the mid to high twenties!

Core i7-3930K, Asus Rampage IV Extreme - 25,178 (http://browse.geekbench.ca/geekbench2/532100)
Core i7-3930K, Asus P9X79 Deluxe - 27,323 (http://browse.geekbench.ca/geekbench2/530840)
Core i7-3930K, Asus P9X79 Deluxe - 28,247 (http://browse.geekbench.ca/geekbench2/527324)

Those last two are the same user with the same machine, but the point is: these numbers are up to 3x what I'm pulling RIGHT NOW on my Core i7-920! The next version of my DAW MUST have this CPU inside!

EDIT: I researched the results for Core i7-3960X systems. ($1,000 for this CPU, by the way.) It seems that it gets similar numbers. I only saw three scores that were higher than the highest Core i7-3930K ratings, and they were only just barely higher: 29,185, 28,717, and 28,319. The $400 difference between the 3930K and 3960X seems like a waste of money since the performance numbers are pretty much negligible. That difference would pay for the motherboard. I guess that's why the 3930K is rarer than an honest man in D.C. right now.

FunkyHunk
12-27-2011, 10:37 AM
I've been looking at this list (http://www.cpubenchmark.net/high_end_cpus.html) for a few days now, a friend of mine wanted me to advice him on getting a new mobo, cpu, and gpu, and the list was kinda nice.
I looked at best bang for buck ,and I told him I liked the I7-2700K, for price and such, but it was out of his price range still with intel motherboards still being on the expensive side.

He went for the AMD FX-8150, witch is twice as fast as my AMD Phenom II 965 and 8gb DDR3 Corsair 1600mhz RAM.
He also went for the Asus Geforce GTX 560 1gb graphics card, because he was on a limited budget, I would have gone for no less that a 2gb card like the one I have, a ATI Radeon HD5870 2gb, but they are still priced around 580usd in Norway.

My computer is pretty old now, almost 1.5 years, but I still haven't installed a game I can't run ~30-60fps in ultra with 1920X1080, so I'm quite happy with that :)

Ragnarok
12-27-2011, 03:59 PM
I've been looking at this list (http://www.cpubenchmark.net/high_end_cpus.html) for a few days now, a friend of mine wanted me to advice him on getting a new mobo, cpu, and gpu, and the list was kinda nice.
I looked at best bang for buck ,and I told him I liked the I7-2700K, for price and such, but it was out of his price range still with intel motherboards still being on the expensive side.

I looked up my current CPU on there. :cryin: It's sooo far down that list. It has a rating of 5,567. The one I want to replace it with is 14,611. :cryin:

He went for the AMD FX-8150, witch is twice as fast as my AMD Phenom II 965 and 8gb DDR3 Corsair 1600mhz RAM.
He also went for the Asus Geforce GTX 560 1gb graphics card, because he was on a limited budget, I would have gone for no less that a 2gb card like the one I have, a ATI Radeon HD5870 2gb, but they are still priced around 580usd in Norway. Man, you guys get hosed on stuff like that. Is it the issue of VAT, or is it simply importers being predatory? That GTX 560 is a pretty good card, just the same. :nice: The closest to the HD5870 I can find right now is the HD6870, and the 2GB model is running in the mid- to high-$300s, which is about what I paid for my GTX 285.

My computer is pretty old now, almost 1.5 years, but I still haven't installed a game I can't run ~30-60fps in ultra with 1920X1080, so I'm quite happy with that :)

My current computer would be a pretty nice gaming machine, but as a DAW it's a little anemic. :nono: Mine is two years old, and I really, REALLY want to move up to the i7-3930K + an Asus X79 Sabertooth motherboard. Especially after my damnable pop-n'-click problems with my DAW. I was looking up a series of tests someone was doing by comparing processor types and any disparities between OSes. The guy uses the same DAW software on both platforms (Cubase) and it's amazing how many more tracks he was capable of getting with Windows 7 vs. Mac OS X 10.6. I'm hoping that simply moving to Windows will help some at first, but a system upgrade is really important to me right now. I'm trying to figure out how I can upgrade to the new SB-E platform for less than $1,500. If I reuse my HDs, PSU, GPU and several other things I might be able to. Alternatively, I could avoid reusing my older stuff, the initial cost would be higher, but I might be able to sell off my current machine to offset it. With that factored, the end price might be less in the long run.

Ragnarok
12-27-2011, 04:49 PM
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=bsYrGIQnmxo

You're welcome.

Ragnarok
12-27-2011, 06:44 PM
How's this?

http://www.cars.com/go/search/detail.jsp?tab=summary&recnum=&actLog=&listingId=80832854

$2k for a 1998 Toyota Tacoma, extended cab, TRD package. Don't know if 2WD or 4WD, what kind of engine or transmission, etc.

EDIT: I'm looking at this and thinking it may be scamola. Input on this?

Spoon37
12-28-2011, 01:42 AM
hmm "Clean Carfax" ? he speaks lolcat? (like "trufax")... :thinking:

I dunno though, he dont mention many details but seems to be keen to stress its clean and has COLD aircon :crazy: so really either the thing is a scam or its being sold by a woman! :lol: (I only mean this in the sense that women arent typically as geeky about stuff like engine sizes and such but stuff like how clean the interior is and what creature comforts you get are much more highly valued)

The Stray Cat
12-28-2011, 07:27 AM
How's this?

http://www.cars.com/go/search/detail.jsp?tab=summary&recnum=&actLog=&listingId=80832854

$2k for a 1998 Toyota Tacoma, extended cab, TRD package. Don't know if 2WD or 4WD, what kind of engine or transmission, etc.

EDIT: I'm looking at this and thinking it may be scamola. Input on this?

Rag, going by the fact that it is listed at roughly $1500-$2500 under blue book value depending on the engine size and 2wd or 4wd, I would say scamola, if you reply for details you will probably get the scam
"I'm trying to move this quick as I am getting shipped over seas or have to move for a job I will set this up through Ebay automotive. They will then ask you to pay via western union to an "Ebay" address that will hold the money until you get the truck and test it out." In reality your money will be long gone.

Ragnarok
12-28-2011, 08:53 AM
That's kinda what I thought. The user name was consistent with a spambot's. I've found several others with similar MOs. It was a 2005 Jeep Grand Cherokee for $4k with a similar description that first tripped my Scam-dar.

Ian
12-28-2011, 10:03 AM
Weather forecasters lie through there back teeth. 79mph gusts today my foot!! I got blown on my rear and about 10 foot along the garden while trying to anchor my caravan down. In the end i jammed my jeep up against it and tied the caravan to the jeep. While i was at the back of the caravan tying it off i got hit by a gust of, it must have been 100+! That threw me against the caravan like i was in a Velcro suit. I had to bring models into the house because the caravan was bouncing around breaking them :( 79mph my foot, that's what it was the other day and the caravan barely moved! The rear end of it was lifting off the floor today.

Pics of jeep and caravan getting close. Excuse pics, i was trying to stay upright.

http://i50.photobucket.com/albums/f303/Iansvecs/100_0966.jpg

http://i50.photobucket.com/albums/f303/Iansvecs/100_0967.jpg

I'm not bothered about the jeep, i just don't want the caravan heading for Aus.

Oggy
12-28-2011, 10:11 AM
Sounds like fun Ian, get a big baggy coat on, tie yourself to the vitara for safety, and then let the kids fly you like a kite, you could shoot a few more cool movies like you did with the kite a while ago:chug:

The Stray Cat
12-28-2011, 10:42 AM
Holy Sh*& I couldn't imagine, 100MPH winds here would put a forest of tree on my house and cars, there'd be no need to tie them down!

FunkyHunk
12-29-2011, 06:40 AM
Ian, I can understand why there is no forest on your island now :p

Oh, and:

http://i89.photobucket.com/albums/k205/funkyhunk/Funny/portalchristmas.jpg

The Stray Cat
12-29-2011, 07:27 AM
Funky that picture is awesome! It's must be the tree from Portal.

BADMUTHATrUCKER
12-29-2011, 07:37 AM
The plumb pudding is a lie.

Ian
12-29-2011, 12:16 PM
We've had no heating since Monday. I had to wait until yesterday to order more when they opened. Anyway, to cut a long story short, he came today but the tanks damaged from yesterday so he couldn't put any in. Our coal fire only warms the living-room with the door shut, so i had to buy a gas heater to warm the hall and upstairs. Our coal fire doesn't heat the water or work the central heating so a cold bath for me then. :(

THE_JOKER
12-29-2011, 03:23 PM
I'm surrounded by time wasters :nono:

In other news.....Nice "portal Tree" Funky lol.

An just go skinny dipping in one of the Loch's Ian, or boil a few kettles.

Spoon37
12-31-2011, 02:42 AM
Portal tree is awesome! :chug:

Sucks about the loss of heating Ian - lets hope it can be restored ASAP! I've done the whole cold house, cold water, limited heaters thing before, it sounds like a mild nuisance at first but its a real PITA after a few days :banghead:

Anyhoo - havent been on much lately having to spend time with family and such, doubly true tonight as its new years eve so as I probably wont be online to say 'Happy New Year' at the right time so I'll say it now...

Happy New Year! :chug:

:lolbeat:

ou812
12-31-2011, 03:41 AM
:bacondance::bacondance::bacondance::bacondance::b acondance::bacondance::bacondance::bacondance::bac ondance::bacondance::bacondance::bacondance::bacon dance::bacondance::bacondance::bacondance::baconda nce::bacondance::bacondance::bacondance::bacondanc e::bacondance::bacondance::bacondance::bacondance: :bacondance::bacondance::bacondance::bacondance::b acondance::bacondance::bacondance::bacondance::bac ondance::bacondance::bacondance::bacondance::bacon dance::bacondance::bacondance::bacondance::baconda nce::bacondance::bacondance::bacondance::bacondanc e::bacondance::bacondance::bacondance::bacondance: :bacondance::bacondance::bacondance::bacondance::b acondance::bacondance::bacondance::bacondance::bac ondance::bacondance::bacondance::bacondance::bacon dance::bacondance::bacondance::bacondance::baconda nce::bacondance::bacondance::bacondance::bacondanc e::bacondance::bacondance::bacondance::bacondance: :bacondance::bacondance::bacondance::bacondance::b acondance::bacondance::bacondance::bacondance::bac ondance::bacondance::bacondance::bacondance::bacon dance::bacondance::bacondance::bacondance::baconda nce::bacondance::bacondance::bacondance::bacondanc e::bacondance::bacondance::bacondance::bacondance: :bacondance::bacondance::bacondance::bacondance::b acondance::bacondance::bacondance::bacondance::bac ondance::bacondance::bacondance::bacondance::bacon dance::bacondance::bacondance::bacondance::baconda nce::bacondance::bacondance::bacondance::bacondanc e::bacondance::bacondance::bacondance::bacondance: :bacondance::bacondance::bacondance::bacondance::b acondance::bacondance::bacondance::bacondance::bac ondance::bacondance::bacondance::bacondance::bacon dance::bacondance::bacondance::bacondance::baconda nce::bacondance::bacondance::bacondance::bacondanc e::bacondance::bacondance::bacondance::bacondance: :bacondance::bacondance::bacondance::bacondance::b acondance::bacondance::bacondance::bacondance::bac ondance::bacondance::bacondance::bacondance::bacon dance::bacondance::bacondance::bacondance::baconda nce::bacondance::bacondance::bacondance::bacondanc e::bacondance::bacondance::bacondance::bacondance: :bacondance::bacondance::bacondance::bacondance::b acondance::bacondance::bacondance::bacondance::bac ondance::bacondance::bacondance::bacondance::bacon dance::bacondance::bacondance::bacondance::baconda nce::bacondance::bacondance::bacondance::bacondanc e::bacondance::bacondance::bacondance::bacondance: :bacondance::bacondance::bacondance::bacondance::b acondance::bacondance::bacondance::bacondance::bac ondance::bacondance::bacondance::bacondance::bacon dance: just wanted to see how much bacon fits in a post :bacondance::bacondance::bacondance::bacondance::b acondance::bacondance::bacondance::bacondance::bac ondance::bacondance::bacondance::bacondance::bacon dance::bacondance::bacondance::bacondance::baconda nce::bacondance::bacondance::bacondance::bacondanc e::bacondance::bacondance::bacondance::bacondance: :bacondance::bacondance::bacondance::bacondance::b acondance::bacondance::bacondance::bacondance::bac ondance::bacondance::bacondance::bacondance::bacon dance::bacondance::bacondance::bacondance::baconda nce::bacondance::bacondance::bacondance::bacondanc e::bacondance::bacondance::bacondance::bacondance: :bacondance::bacondance::bacondance::bacondance::b acondance::bacondance::bacondance::bacondance::bac ondance::bacondance::bacondance::bacondance::bacon dance::bacondance::bacondance::bacondance::baconda nce::bacondance::bacondance::bacondance::bacondanc e::bacondance::bacondance::bacondance::bacondance: :bacondance::bacondance::bacondance::bacondance::b acondance::bacondance::bacondance::bacondance::bac ondance::bacondance::bacondance::bacondance::bacon dance::bacondance::bacondance::bacondance::baconda nce::bacondance::bacondance::bacondance::bacondanc e::bacondance::bacondance::bacondance::bacondance: :bacondance::bacondance::bacondance::bacondance::b acondance::bacondance::bacondance::bacondance::bac ondance::bacondance::bacondance::bacondance::bacon dance::bacondance::bacondance::bacondance::baconda nce::bacondance::bacondance::bacondance::bacondanc e::bacondance::bacondance::bacondance::bacondance: :bacondance::bacondance::bacondance::bacondance::b acondance::bacondance::bacondance::bacondance::bac ondance::bacondance::bacondance::bacondance::bacon dance::bacondance::bacondance::bacondance::baconda nce::bacondance::bacondance::bacondance::bacondanc e::bacondance::bacondance::bacondance::bacondance: :bacondance::bacondance::bacondance::bacondance::b acondance::bacondance::bacondance::bacondance::bac ondance::bacondance::bacondance::bacondance::bacon dance::bacondance::bacondance::bacondance::baconda nce::bacondance::bacondance::bacondance::bacondanc e::bacondance::bacondance::bacondance::bacondance: :bacondance::bacondance::bacondance::bacondance::b acondance::bacondance::bacondance::bacondance::bac ondance::bacondance::bacondance::bacondance::bacon dance::bacondance::bacondance::bacondance::baconda nce::bacondance::bacondance::bacondance::bacondanc e::bacondance::bacondance::bacondance::bacondance: :bacondance::bacondance::bacondance::bacondance::b acondance::bacondance::bacondance::bacondance::bac ondance::bacondance::bacondance::bacondance::bacon dance::bacondance::bacondance::bacondance::baconda nce::bacondance::bacondance::bacondance::bacondanc e::bacondance::bacondance::bacondance::bacondance: :bacondance::bacondance::bacondance::bacondance::b acondance::bacondance::bacondance::bacondance::bac ondance::bacondance::bacondance::bacondance::bacon dance::bacondance::bacondance::bacondance::baconda nce::bacondance::bacondance::bacondance::bacondanc e::bacondance::bacondance::bacondance::bacondance: :bacondance::bacondance::bacondance::bacondance::b acondance::bacondance::bacondance::bacondance::bac ondance::bacondance::bacondance::bacondance::bacon dance::bacondance::bacondance::bacondance::baconda nce::bacondance::bacondance::bacondance::bacondanc e::bacondance::bacondance::bacondance::bacondance: :bacondance::bacondance::bacondance::bacondance::b acondance::bacondance::bacondance::bacondance::bac ondance::bacondance::bacondance::bacondance::bacon dance::bacondance::bacondance::bacondance::baconda nce::bacondance::bacondance::bacondance::bacondanc e::bacondance::bacondance::bacondance::bacondance: :bacondance::bacondance::bacondance::bacondance::b acondance::bacondance::bacondance::bacondance::bac ondance::bacondance::bacondance::bacondance::bacon dance::bacondance::bacondance::bacondance::baconda nce::bacondance::bacondance::bacondance::bacondanc e::bacondance::bacondance::bacondance::bacondance: :bacondance::bacondance::bacondance::bacondance::b acondance::bacondance::bacondance::bacondance::bac ondance::bacondance::bacondance::bacondance::bacon dance::bacondance::bacondance::bacondance::baconda nce::bacondance::bacondance::bacondance::bacondanc e::bacondance::bacondance::bacondance::bacondance: :bacondance::bacondance::bacondance::bacondance::b acondance::bacondance::bacondance::bacondance::bac ondance::bacondance::bacondance::bacondance::bacon dance::bacondance::bacondance::bacondance::baconda nce::bacondance::bacondance::bacondance::bacondanc e::bacondance::bacondance::bacondance::bacondance: :bacondance::bacondance::bacondance::bacondance::b acondance::bacondance::bacondance::bacondance::bac ondance::bacondance::bacondance::bacondance::bacon dance::bacondance::bacondance::bacondance::baconda nce::bacondance::bacondance::bacondance::bacondanc e::bacondance::bacondance::bacondance::bacondance: :bacondance::bacondance::bacondance::bacondance::b acondance::bacondance::bacondance::bacondance::bac ondance::bacondance::bacondance::bacondance::bacon dance::bacondance::bacondance::bacondance::baconda nce::bacondance::bacondance::bacondance::bacondanc e::bacondance::bacondance::bacondance::bacondance: :bacondance::bacondance::bacondance::bacondance::b acondance::bacondance::bacondance::bacondance::bac ondance::bacondance::bacondance::bacondance::bacon dance::bacondance::bacondance::bacondance::baconda nce::bacondance::bacondance::bacondance::bacondanc e::bacondance::bacondance::bacondance::bacondance: :bacondance::bacondance::bacondance::bacondance::b acondance::bacondance::bacondance::bacondance::bac ondance::bacondance::bacondance::bacondance::bacon dance::bacondance::bacondance::bacondance::baconda nce::bacondance::bacondance: im tired!

THE_JOKER
12-31-2011, 06:07 AM
Plenty of sandwiches for everyone on that post then.

FunkyHunk
12-31-2011, 08:10 AM
Well, the Turkey is firmly placed in the stove, and I'm just sitting in the kitchen waiting for dinner. I can't wait :D

I also updated the build thread yesterday of the Taunus with interior pics :P Linky (http://www.scale4x4rc.org/forums/showthread.php?t=58485&page=5)

And the temperature here hit -15C today. I've been burning firewood since I got up this morning and the temperature is slowly creeping upwards in the house now :p

Ragnarok
12-31-2011, 09:26 AM
I'll see your -15°C and "raise" you another negative eight. It's -10°F/-23°C here. :blink: The warmest I saw on the time/temp marquees around town yesterday was -1°F.

FunkyHunk
12-31-2011, 10:16 AM
You know If we didn't have the gulf stream warming our part of the world we'd probably freeze to death :nice:
But, you got it colder than we do yes. Another reason to like northern Norway :p

350TacoZilla
12-31-2011, 10:40 AM
hmmm its like 40 here and getting up to 51 today... t-shirt weather

Ragnarok
12-31-2011, 04:11 PM
You know If we didn't have the gulf stream warming our part of the world we'd probably freeze to death :nice:
But, you got it colder than we do yes. Another reason to like northern Norway :p

If it weren't for the taxes and language barrier I might consider a move. :blink:

hmmm its like 40 here and getting up to 51 today... t-shirt weather

Sounds about right. Up here, t-shirt weather is anything above 35° and no snow. 50° and the t-shirts come off and the bathing suits come on. :blink:

FunkyHunk
01-01-2012, 01:25 AM
I just got to show you as an ending to a great night:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=iu6ZRBZPMxk

this is a song made by a norwegian group, in old english language, in an awesome way.
it portrays the norwegian inborn melancholy in a great way.

FunkyHunk
01-01-2012, 04:16 PM
http://gif.artige.no/store/19/19592.jpg

FunkyHunk
01-01-2012, 04:42 PM
Ragnar, this one is for you:

http://bilder.artige.no:8080/store/19/19322.gif

Ragnarok
01-01-2012, 04:44 PM
I still prefer the original hotdog version. :lolbeat:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=pIGgGV7uwU4

…or if you prefer, the live-action Batman eating a hotdog.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=wnT9bs2xoR0

FunkyHunk
01-02-2012, 06:17 AM
And, i met rangerboy at the new years party:
http://i89.photobucket.com/albums/k205/funkyhunk/Funny/Drunkguy.jpg

BADMUTHATrUCKER
01-02-2012, 06:33 AM
I just got to show you as an ending to a great night:
this is a song made by a norwegian group, in old english language, in an awesome way.
it portrays the norwegian inborn melancholy in a great way.

I like Venus, Virago and Casandra from them, back when they had Liv on vocals.

Speaking of, Liv's Leave's Eyes Legend Land was stuck in my mind when I was deap in a northern fjord. I see where her inspiration comes from. Norway does not look "grown", rather smashed out of the earth by giants with hammers when you are up in your parts :nice:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=AVHJZmd9tZg

FunkyHunk
01-03-2012, 01:57 AM
I like Venus, Virago and Casandra from them, back when they had Liv on vocals.

Speaking of, Liv's Leave's Eyes Legend Land was stuck in my mind when I was deap in a northern fjord. I see where her inspiration comes from. Norway does not look "grown", rather smashed out of the earth by giants with hammers when you are up in your parts :nice:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=AVHJZmd9tZg

You know Steven I was at a party in Stavanger in february '02, when I was at boot camp for the Norwegian navy during my tour, and a guy from my troop invited me to a party with some of his friends.
During the party I met this pretty blonde woman called Liv, who recommended her band, Theatre of Tragedy. We talked a lot and we even shared a bottle of Martini Asti that evening :nice:
I thought nothing of it at the time, but I stumbled over Aègis in a record shop the following week, I was sold :P

I haven't heard of Leaves' Eyes before now, but I'm glad I did :D

I especially liked this version of Scarborough Fair they did:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=8qYEHVvZsQA

A fair bit better than Simon and Garfunkel's version :chug:

BADMUTHATrUCKER
01-03-2012, 02:31 AM
Oh, that's awesome! Big thumbs up for celebrity socialising for Ståle!.

Very jealous... lol.

I also chuckled when I saw the new band name... How she's spelt it "Leave's" so us non-Scandi's say her name right.

FunkyHunk
01-03-2012, 02:45 AM
Oh, that's awesome! Big thumbs up for celebrity socialising for Ståle!.

Very jealous... lol.

I also chuckled when I saw the new band name... How she's spelt it "Leave's" so us non-Scandi's say her name right.

It wasn't really celebrity socialising, cause I didn't know who she was at the time, nice girl none the less.
And, yeah fitting band name :)

BADMUTHATrUCKER
01-03-2012, 03:54 AM
But that's the ultimate stealth :lol:

FunkyHunk
01-03-2012, 04:15 AM
But that's the ultimate stealth :lol:

http://imgboot.com/images/iputaspellonyou/megusta_1.jpg

Ragnarok
01-03-2012, 09:44 PM
HOLY ****! (http://createdigitalmusic.com/2012/01/with-just-one-contact-mic-any-surface-magically-becomes-a-gestural-instrument/)

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=erz-9f4M9B4

The Stray Cat
01-03-2012, 09:56 PM
So it was 55 here on Friday, dropped to 32 by SUnday received 18" of snow, today it was 12 and it is now -1 tomorrow will be 30 and up to 45 by Thursday, WTF????????

Ragnarok
01-03-2012, 11:18 PM
The high today in Wasilla was -9°F. :nice: Supposedly we're going to go up to the low 20s, but I'm not sure it'll happen that quickly.

ou812
01-04-2012, 12:36 AM
im going to type with invisible text for the rest of this message

Spoon37
01-04-2012, 07:44 AM
Really? how shocking! and with a greased up cow to boot... :blink:

(I can read invistible ink ^_^ )

FunkyHunk
01-04-2012, 07:58 AM
im going to type with invisible text for the rest of this message

^^^

http://images.icanhascheezburger.com/completestore/2008/11/4/128702955839048317.jpg

FunkyHunk
01-04-2012, 11:12 AM
Meanwhile in Finland:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=VIs00QjiJZQ

THE_JOKER
01-04-2012, 12:40 PM
These "Meanwhile in....." gags make me laugh every time.

Awesome vid!........I like the way the air collects on the surface too, looks like mercury.

The Stray Cat
01-04-2012, 01:31 PM
So I forgot to tell you guys I watched Apollo 18 the other day. It was decent. It was done like Blair witch or Paranormal activity, supposed to be real footage. It is quite interesting, its not full of action or aything but more like a documentary so you have to be in the mood for something like that. It's all done to look like video tape from the 70s which is when it was supposed to have taken place. Definitely worth a watch, not sure if I'd buy it though unless it was on sale for under $10.

THE_JOKER
01-04-2012, 03:34 PM
Looked at that earlier today but left it as its not my type of film.

Advert on TV made it look like an action packed alien film, back of cover tells otherwise lol.

Seen "Cowboys VS Aliens" yesterday.....liked that one.

FunkyHunk
01-04-2012, 05:05 PM
I just read Benjamin Franklin's Autobiography...
That was some heavy reading.

Smart guy though :nice:

ou812
01-04-2012, 05:08 PM
Really? how shocking! and with a greased up cow to boot... :blink:

(I can read invistible ink ^_^ )

I knew that and was hoping you would translate.......damn your good!

Ragnarok
01-04-2012, 08:12 PM
Meanwhile in Finland:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=VIs00QjiJZQ

It's that or more industrial-strength antidepressants. And the Darth Sidious analogy for McCain is okay, but it would work better if DS was a spineless, wishy-washy, I'm-for-it/I'm-against-it, ineffectual, impotent little troll that lost the second-most important election in US history. The wrong man was nominated, and the wrong man won.

http://hvx-rc.com/forumstuff/emo/emo-johnmccain.gif

Seen "Cowboys VS Aliens" yesterday.....liked that one.
I was wondering about that one. I thought I might catch it when I could get it locally for less than $15. :nice:

The Stray Cat
01-04-2012, 08:52 PM
Yes I rented Cowboys vs Aliens for tomorrow night!

ou812
01-04-2012, 09:34 PM
Super Troopers

THE_JOKER
01-05-2012, 03:54 AM
Super Troopers

Hilarious!.

FunkyHunk
01-05-2012, 06:24 AM
It's that or more industrial-strength antidepressants. And the Darth Sidious analogy for McCain is okay, but it would work better if DS was a spineless, wishy-washy, I'm-for-it/I'm-against-it, ineffectual, impotent little troll that lost the second-most important election in US history. The wrong man was nominated, and the wrong man won.

http://hvx-rc.com/forumstuff/emo/emo-johnmccain.gif

I have no knowledge on us politics, other than I thought that the sidious/cain thingy was funny :P

I know that the deregulated bank bill was slipped through congress before anyone could oppose it, and that it made life much more difficult for people in retrospect when the banks could do what they wanted to with people's mortgages.
(yes I saw that Michael Moore documentary and even though I don't like the guy himself, he does make a few good points)

That lobbyism and corruption going on in the governmental circuits is nothing new, I'm reading Theodore Roosevelt's autobiography on how much corruption he had to deal with when he was in New York's administration and when he ran for president in the beginning of the 1900's.

I just wonder how a country and it's administration can keep itself clean for that filth.

As an example; 15 years ago the Norwegian government said that Diesel cars was polluting less than Petrol ones, and reduced the yearly road tax for diesel cars, and also the price for diesel.
That made people buy more diesel cars since they were cheaper to own and buy fuel for. .
7-8years ago they upped the price for diesel again since some "scientists" said that diesel cars actually pollute more than petrol ones, and then upped the road tax for diesel cars, and made diesel cost more than petrol.

Nobody actually found the scientists that made these claims and someone talked about corruption and lobbyism for the government that just wanted to get more taxes collected.

Bah. :banghead:

I've always sticked to petrol cars, because they sound better, feel better, and goes better.
Even though the efficiency of petrol is lower than that of Diesel.

If I was to buy a new car now a days I would probably buy a Subaru Forester/Legacy/Outback turbodiesel, cause those are the only ones I like with diesel.
Despite their lack of torque on the low end below 2000rpm.

The Stray Cat
01-05-2012, 07:17 AM
Our country's government has been corrupt since the very beginning and our politicians are trained from early ages on how to cover up coruption!

Spoon37
01-05-2012, 09:46 AM
Well as the saying goes power corrupts... and that's without it being culturally normal in politics.

Fishing under ice was cool btw FH :chug:

The Stray Cat
01-05-2012, 03:09 PM
Hey I just realized I never told you guys I got Batman Arkham City! That is one awesome game! The graphics are sensational and the story is good so far. I haven't beat the game yet but I'm not one to go out and buy a new game to beat it within a weekend.

Definitely recommend it!

primus2010
01-06-2012, 07:27 AM
So 8 days ago I ordered the '2012 Rule Book' from NHRA, and I have to say that for being the fastest name in motorsports they are extremely slow on their shipping, it was finally processed today :blink:

Ed, I have been wanting to play that game pretty bad, but I've been so addicted to Skyrim I haven't even thought about playing it. Wife got me Skyrim, and CODMW3 for Christmas.....COD is still unopened lol.

The Stray Cat
01-06-2012, 08:09 AM
So 8 days ago I ordered the '2012 Rule Book' from NHRA, and I have to say that for being the fastest name in motorsports they are extremely slow on their shipping, it was finally processed today :blink:

Ed, I have been wanting to play that game pretty bad, but I've been so addicted to Skyrim I haven't even thought about playing it. Wife got me Skyrim, and CODMW3 for Christmas.....COD is still unopened lol.

Chris, Arkham City is incredible, so is CODMW3! Skyrim is definitely next on my list, it looks insane!:chug: