PDA

View Full Version : between me an rangerboy - OFFICIAL THREAD MISSION STATEMENT POST #253

Pages : 1 2 3 4 5 6 [7] 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 51 52 53 54 55 56 57 58 59 60 61 62 63 64 65 66 67 68 69 70 71 72 73 74 75 76 77 78 79 80 81 82

THE_JOKER
01-07-2010, 01:27 PM
Well after tomorrow it won't be secret to you no more I'll send some pics to you via PM later while you are "KIPPING" I guess.

Nice, thanks bud!! :chug:

THE_JOKER
01-07-2010, 01:31 PM
As for the white walls, maybe there for ceremony or maybe it identifies the trucks that are either not in use at the moment, due for use, due for storage, ect ect who knows??? Looks weird though

Maybe like you say, they have that much military hidden that when war commences, camo means nothing to them as its expendable, they just wanna war it out in style? :lol:

The Stray Cat
01-07-2010, 01:57 PM
Either way those are some serious white walls LOL! I thought the ones on the Ol' trucks were big!

Arcocustom
01-07-2010, 02:01 PM
As for the white walls, they just wanna war it out in style? :lol:

:rolling: Now I'm sitting here thinking it's gotta be shoe polish or something...

http://www.china-defense-mashup.com/wp-content/gallery/parade-8x8/new_dsc4141.jpg

did not know they made whitewalls that dang big. :lol:

THE_JOKER
01-07-2010, 02:06 PM
:lol:

Right new question for anyone that knows, wont make a new thread for it as theres plenty of pointless ones as is :lol:

Would a 20T or 27T ESC run Two 50T motors? or would it cook it? i was thinking of running this idea of mine with 2xHi lift 3 speeders? i know tamiya makes a twin esc but i wanna make one with what i have by not spending a penny :D

The Stray Cat
01-07-2010, 02:15 PM
Well bud wish I could answer that for you but I'm not one to know about the ESC vs motor windings with the RCs

THE_JOKER
01-07-2010, 02:20 PM
Well bud wish I could answer that for you but I'm not one to know about the ESC vs motor windings with the RCs

I'll be hated an make a new thread for it :lol:

EDIT: scratch that i'll just hijack someones thread somewhere an ask :lol:

The Stray Cat
01-07-2010, 02:26 PM
There has to be a thread with a similar question asked already.

THE_JOKER
01-07-2010, 02:29 PM
There has to be a thread with a similar question asked already.

ive searched Twin Motors, and ESC so far with no luck, still searching :nice:

The Stray Cat
01-07-2010, 02:44 PM
Find anything yet? I've done some searching to no avail also.

The Stray Cat
01-07-2010, 02:45 PM
So I'm going to see the new Chipmunks movie with the kiddos tonight. It should be pretty cool. I'll give my critique later tonight.

Arcocustom
01-07-2010, 02:46 PM
:lol:

Right new question for anyone that knows, wont make a new thread for it as theres plenty of pointless ones as is :lol:

Would a 20T or 27T ESC run Two 50T motors? or would it cook it? i was thinking of running this idea of mine with 2xHi lift 3 speeders? i know tamiya makes a twin esc but i wanna make one with what i have by not spending a penny :D

It depends on how you wire them. Two 50 turn motors wired parallel would have the same amp draw as a single 25 turn motor. The speed control would "see" the two 50 turn motors as one 25 turn motor. The RPM of two 50 turn motors wired parallel would be the same as if it were a single 50 turn motor. Both motors would reach their maximum RPM, but the amp draw on the ESC would double. You would need an ESC with a 25 turn limit.

If you wire two motors in a series, the RPM of the two motors would be cut in half, but the amp draw would remain the same. The ESC would "see" the two 50 turn motors as one 100 turn motor.

THE_JOKER
01-07-2010, 02:57 PM
Rocked i never knew that film was out???? have a nice time bud! it's already 10pm here my days done :lol:

Arco thanks bud!!!!! :chug:

i have 3 spare ESC's one says 20 on it, the other says 27 an the last one is Unlimited, would you say the 20 is best for it or the unlimited one?

The Stray Cat
01-07-2010, 03:01 PM
It's called Alvin and the Chipmunks the Squeekuel.

THE_JOKER
01-07-2010, 03:02 PM
It's called Alvin and the Chipmunks the Squeekuel.

perfect name for it :lol:

The Stray Cat
01-07-2010, 03:10 PM
THis one has the girl munks in it from the '80s cartoon series. I heard its pretty funny, plus my kids love the first movie.

Ragnarok
01-07-2010, 03:12 PM
Say Ragnarok, how far north are you anyway? south of polar circle north, or north of the polar circle?

I'm quite a ways south of the Arctic Circle. Not sure how far, though. I have a couple of maps to give you an idea where I am. The first one shows the general region…
…and this one shows a closer view.

I think you're officially the northern-most member on the forum.

What I find amazing is that the cities in far-north Norway are not mud-covered mosquito factories like the primitive villages up here. We don't have the infrastructure to support a community any bigger than a liquor store and a portable outhouse north of Fairbanks. The only thing resembling modernity up that far are the oil stations.

By the way, Joker, it's not particularly cold at the moment. Around 30°F actually. I give it a couple of weeks and we'll be back to 0° or colder. If anyone ever says that, "Alaska is having an abnormal winter," they probably don't know their butt from their face. An abnormal winter IS a normal winter. It's different from one to the next. There are plenty of commonalities, but they never travel the same path the whole season.

The Stray Cat
01-07-2010, 03:18 PM
So what's up with all of the mosquitoes? Isn't it to cold up there for them to survive year round?

Arcocustom
01-07-2010, 03:20 PM
Rocked i never knew that film was out???? have a nice time bud! it's already 10pm here my days done :lol:

Arco thanks bud!!!!! :chug:

i have 3 spare ESC's one says 20 on it, the other says 27 an the last one is Unlimited, would you say the 20 is best for it or the unlimited one?

The 20 should be good for motors wired parallel that are 40 turns or higher. The no limit one should be good for motors wired parallel that are 12 turns or higher. If you plan on using 2 motors wired parallel, look at the motor limit for the ESC you want to use, double that number and that's the lowest number of turns you should use. For example, a Novak Rooster Crawler ESC has a single motor limit of 27 turns or a 55 turn limit with dual motors wired parallel.

THE_JOKER
01-07-2010, 03:22 PM
The 20 should be good for motors wired parallel that are 40 turns or higher. The no limit one should be good for motors wired parallel that are 12 turns or higher. If you plan on using 2 motors wired parallel, look at the motor limit for the ESC you want to use, double that number and that's the lowest number of turns you should use. For example, a Novak Rooster Crawler ESC has a single motor limit of 27 turns or a 55 turn limit with dual motors wired parallel or in a series.

Thanks for the help bud! i'll give it a go an see how it goes :chug:

Right night all! :wave:

Ragnarok
01-07-2010, 03:23 PM
So what's up with all of the mosquitoes? Isn't it to cold up there for them to survive year round?
Sure, but it's plenty hot in the summer. There's a joke that our real state bird is the freaking mosquito. It's the only bug that gets huge up here. Wanna know what ANWR is? Breeding ground for these parasitic monsters - not caribou and not polar bears. It isn't some mountainous Eden in a boreal paradise that the warped media claims it is. It's a flat, treeless swamp in the summer and a barren desert of ice in the winter that's doing only one thing…making more mosquitoes.

Arcocustom
01-07-2010, 03:26 PM
Just been looking for some ideas on the body Rock, came across this, is it like this for a reason? do they not know what "Camoflauge" is? or (Like someone said to me yesterday) have they been watching Pimp My Ride? why the whitewall?

whitewalls...

http://farm5.static.flickr.com/4045/4255146728_02633da398_o_d.jpg

The whitewall "tires" are commie parade tradition, and not part of the standard camouflage. The pixelated camouflage is new, and I'm not sure if the PLA will retain it after the festivities are over. The pixelated blue camouflage for the Air Force SAM units and Naval shore based anti-ship missiles are definitely not standard and one off, they are to identify for on-lookers the PLAAF and PLAN respectively and distinguish them from the PLA. Normally they share the same camouflage pattern as the PLA.

http://imagethief.com/blogs/china/archive/2009/09/06/video-tanks-roll-in-beijing-for-the-parade-rehearsal.aspx

http://www.sankakucomplex.com/2009/10/01/huge-military-parade-marks-chinas-60-years-of-communism/

The Stray Cat
01-07-2010, 09:24 PM
whitewalls...

http://farm5.static.flickr.com/4045/4255146728_02633da398_o_d.jpg

http://imagethief.com/blogs/china/archive/2009/09/06/video-tanks-roll-in-beijing-for-the-parade-rehearsal.aspx

http://www.sankakucomplex.com/2009/10/01/huge-military-parade-marks-chinas-60-years-of-communism/

See obviously the white walls go on for parades and ceremonies. Then off they go when battle time comes.

The Stray Cat
01-07-2010, 09:26 PM
Okay So the ChipmunkSqueakuel was pretty dang funny. It was definitely worth the bucks to go see. I would say the first is a better story, but the second is definitely more comical and fast moving.

Arcocustom
01-07-2010, 09:45 PM
See obviously the white walls go on for parades and ceremonies. Then off they go when battle time comes.

Gee whiz, I learned about the China men's white walls... and you learned that Japan has no military and that the Red star is communist China. Learn something everyday. :lol:

THE_JOKER
01-08-2010, 01:19 AM
Okay So the ChipmunkSqueakuel was pretty dang funny. It was definitely worth the bucks to go see. I would say the first is a better story, but the second is definitely more comical and fast moving.

May give it a watch with my nephew, assuming its out over here i dont know :nice:

FunkyHunk
01-08-2010, 01:30 AM
I'm quite a ways south of the Arctic Circle. Not sure how far, though. I have a couple of maps to give you an idea where I am. The first one shows the general region…
…and this one shows a closer view.

I think you're officially the northern-most member on the forum.

What I find amazing is that the cities in far-north Norway are not mud-covered mosquito factories like the primitive villages up here. We don't have the infrastructure to support a community any bigger than a liquor store and a portable outhouse north of Fairbanks. The only thing resembling modernity up that far are the oil stations.

The funny thing is there's like 800km's left of the country north of where I live.
And up north they have something like the same climate as you Alaskian guys have.
Thank god for the gulf stream though, or we would be like freezing our ******** off.
Most of Norway is next to the coast, cause the whole country is long and thin. We have the longest shoreline of all the countries in Europe, even tho only about 5 million people live here.
I guess its the reason we don't have that much mosquitos and such.
But if you move 400km inward towards Sweden the mosquitos get more numerous and bigger the further inland you get. The have almost no mountains, but a lot of small lakes, and a lot of fir trees.

One thing thats kinda funny, St. Johns Newfoundland are at circa the same latitude as Paris, France, and they have about the same climate we have.

Infrastructure you say, yes we have that as well. Barely.
The Norwegian road standard is the 47th worst of all the countries in Europe.
But we get around, NO straight roads, almost every road is twisting and bending around fjords and mountains.
The highway is single file 95% of the length of the country. Weeeee!

FunkyHunk
01-09-2010, 01:59 PM
Ragnarok:

I had a little more time to get together a couple of map-cutouts to give you a better idea of where I live.

http://i89.photobucket.com/albums/k205/funkyhunk/kart1.jpg

Here, I added a black line to show the whereabouts of the polar circle.
The black rectangle is the area I live in.
As you can see we have quite a bit north of where I live.
Oslo is the capital btw. (in case you didn't know that :p )

http://i89.photobucket.com/albums/k205/funkyhunk/Kart2.jpg

This is a closer view. I was living in Ballangen until the house burned, and a week later we got an apartment in the nearest city, Narvik.
My brother in law had his apartment available, so we took it.
This spring we're moving back to Ballangen. I'm not a city person.

It's quite lovely here during the summer, even though we rarely get more than 25 deg Celsius.
A friend of mine taped it when he rented a boat at the local campsite.
I thought you would like to see how it looks like around here during the summer.
My family have our own boat. Maybe I'll take it and the camera out next summer to show you around :p

Here is the video.
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=4KeVP8I6yZk

Ragnarok: have you got some videos to show me about how it looks like around your home town?

Ragnarok
01-11-2010, 10:21 AM
My great-grandfather was born in Tromsø, and I know that is pretty far north. (I better re-check that in my family history stuff.) One of the things I want to do before I die is to visit where he was born and grew up. I'd like to learn Norwegian so I can communicate without sounding like a fool. :p I spent two years studying Russian, and there's no way it's more difficult than that. :lol: At least you guys use (basically) the same alphabet as us. Danged Cyrillic! :rolling:

It sounds like your climate is pretty nice for being so far beyond the Arctic Circle. A lot of our weather is "inherited" from currents coming through Siberia (at least that's what I remember).

I don't have any vids of stuff 'round these parts. I think YouTube might have something other than our Governor giving a speech in front of some turkeys getting slaughtered. I really like her and that incident was very poorly planned. It's too easy to arrive at the wrong conclusion if you rely on information from people that: 1) don't know her, or 2) have an invested interest to destroy her. That's all I'm going to get into politics for today. :D

Here are a couple of appropriate Wasilla-themed vids that I could find…

Sort of a promotional tourism vid. (Ignore the title - it's someone trying to cash-in on Sarah's popularity.) While it's not entirely inaccurate, its main purpose is to lure tourists up here and trap them:
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=4u55XfNe8fk

A quick drivethrough of Wasilla by way of the Parks Highway.
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=F0Gr4AptZv8 At about 0:43 is where you'd turn to (sort of) head to my Batcave. There'd be a long ways to go from there, but it is where you'd start.

And a couple that are a little better representative of the "quality" of people up here.
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=D06KhjZswj4 And people wonder why we're called "Valley Trash" by the rest of the state. :rolleyes: There are only two categories for everyone here in the Mat-Su valley: good, law-abiding decent folks, and riders of Hell's Short Bus.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=kw1O8eg64GQ&feature=related <facepalm>

I think we out-Redneck 90% of the rest of the USA.

PS: To whomever knocked down the rating on this thread…you're one classy assy. http://hvx-rc.com/forumstuff/emo/emo-thumbsdown.gif I'm sure you have a bug up your butt about the Three Words Only thread, too.

THE_JOKER
01-11-2010, 10:33 AM
:lol: nice vids, an dont look at me Rag i voted 5 stars a while back, or 4 i forget.

When i hear Alaska i think of that TV program Deadliest Catch, also being able to speak Russian? coolio! :lol: wish i could speak another language, only one's we were force fed at school was French/German.

The Stray Cat
01-11-2010, 10:45 AM
Wow Hunk you are almost in Santa Clause territory! :chug:

So Rag has Moose in his Yard do you have Caribou in yours?

Ragnarok
01-11-2010, 10:55 AM
I saw a "World's Tastiest Catch" t-shirt with a King Crab on it when I was in the store about 6 months ago. :lol:

THE_JOKER
01-11-2010, 01:20 PM
Mmmm tasty bit of crab :drool:

The Stray Cat
01-11-2010, 01:31 PM
Not a huge seafood fan, but slap a leg of cow in front of me and I'll be happy for a bit.

Ragnarok
01-11-2010, 01:47 PM
Fish, awesome. Crustacean, not my favorite. I rather dislike shrimp with a passion. I love cod, pollack, halibut, rockfish - most white fish. Salmon is something I prefer smoked, but I will eat it in steak form if it's fixed right. Had the opportunity to eat shark once. My little bro got a few Salmon Shark steaks from someone he works with, but it got freezer burn before we could eat it. :thinking: Salmon Sharks are like little Great Whites (same family, Lamnidae). They're pretty common up here.

The Stray Cat
01-11-2010, 01:49 PM
I do like BBQ Salmon steak, MMM MMM MMM! I really don't hate fish, just not a fan, I like some fish, some crustacaen, but it's not an everyweek menu item for me.

FunkyHunk
01-11-2010, 03:43 PM
Wow Hunk you are almost in Santa Clause territory! :chug:

So Rag has Moose in his Yard do you have Caribou in yours?

Caribou is actually rare around these parts.
We got a lot of moose though. I hate moose.
[moose-rant]
They are like large rats with antlers. :shoot:
They are NO good, they are stupid, dumb and idiotic animals that have no right to live in these parts of the country. http://i89.photobucket.com/albums/k205/funkyhunk/Anim/beat-dead-horse.gif
For thirty-fourty years ago some stupid environmentalist thought it would be a good idea to set out some moose up in the northern parts of Norway "to add to the fauna" or something.
Too bad nobody shot him before he made it happen.
They are way too numerous now, and have eaten the forests clean.
They are getting down from the forests to find food and are pestering people around villages and such.
Attacking people if they come too close to their calves, finding roads as a VERY good hang-out spot.

[/moose-rant]

But, I don't have to drive long before I see Caribou though, just over the border into Sweden we see alot of Caribou.

Ragnarok
01-14-2010, 09:22 PM
That's the problem when there's meddling in the eco-system. In Norway's case, they've introduced the largest land-walking ungulate on the planet to an area that never had them (or have been absent for eons) and they create a serious problem. Similar crap here in the States when they re-introduced the Gray Wolf to the northern border-states (Idaho, Montana, etc.). Now ranchers and farmers have a major predator killing their livestock and many aren't allowed to defend their own property under Federal Law. It's outright evil.

I happen to think moose are pretty cool, but when they're where they don't belong the consequences of some "well-meaning" autocrats' ignorance are paid by the people who weren't responsible for it in the first place - the Citizens.

Well, at any rate, my weightloss plan has been deferred until this coming week. We had a death in the family, some family disorder, a lot of sickness (not me - siblings and siblings-in-law) and tons of work that piled up and didn't get done when we'd hoped - so my diet got derailed. Monday, though, it begins. Cue the "Rocky" theme music! http://hvx-rc.com/forumstuff/emo/emo-boxing1.gif

The Stray Cat
01-14-2010, 10:17 PM
Started my diet Jan 4 and I have dropped 10lbs already. My goal is to get back to 200lbs. I've got a little ways to go yet! So good luck Rag.

Ragnarok
01-14-2010, 10:52 PM
I'd like to lose about thirty pounds by my b-day (that's about four months). It's likely I'll do better than that. I need a set of functioning scales, so I hope to get a set in the next month - knowing where you are helps so much, like to see if one is actually losing or gaining so that food quantity or type can be adjusted.

My goal is to be somewhere between 220 and 240 (actual number will depend on how I feel and look) by my 35th…so mid-May of 2011. :nice: If my last doctor visit is any indication of where I am now, that's between 140 and 160lbs. Wouldn't mind trading that in for a girlfriend carrying a couple of 12-packs of Diet A&W. :D

I'd like to do "before," "in-progress" and "after" pics, BUT since I enjoy my anonymity, I will probably obscure my face or just crop it out entirely. I may not share a "before" pic until I've dropped a significant amount of poundage so there's something to compare to. I won't start another thread for it, though - I'll keep it right here.

The Stray Cat
01-15-2010, 07:28 AM
You could always paste Tom Sellecks head on your body, or any other star.LOL!

Ragnarok
01-15-2010, 08:35 AM
Well, I was thinking either my lol-viking or this…

http://hvx-rc.com/forumstuff/emo/emo-whatyoudid.png

The Stray Cat
01-15-2010, 08:46 AM
Well, I was thinking either my lol-viking or this…

http://hvx-rc.com/forumstuff/emo/emo-whatyoudid.png

That'd work too!:lolbeat:

I guess you got a farther way to go than I but I'm rooting for ya. I have to lose 60lbs more to get around 200. So my goal is by the summer

Ragnarok
01-15-2010, 08:48 AM
I'm not sure if it's a look of determination or overwhelming disappointment. :p

The Stray Cat
01-15-2010, 09:21 AM
I see it as a look of being perplexed. like asking hmmmm, where exactly did I leave my car keys?

The Stray Cat
01-15-2010, 01:51 PM
So today we had a little hot dog cook out at work for getting an award from the NYS for having minimal missed work days due to on job injuries. Anyway on top of the cookout they also had drawings for some nice prizes. I won a Bluray DVD player. Pretty sweet.

Ragnarok
01-15-2010, 02:44 PM
That's diggity-dang sweet. What kind?

The Stray Cat
01-15-2010, 02:55 PM
It's just a magnavox but heck for free I'll take it. It will play standard DVDs also and up converts them to 1080p.

Ragnarok
01-15-2010, 03:05 PM
It's probably still a good unit. DVD upscaling is a must for HDTVs, and it's awesome that it has it. My PS3 does that and it's a major help.

The Stray Cat
01-15-2010, 03:25 PM
Yep, It's time now to go get a bigger better flat screen with the tax return. Then I can get my surround souns back going and never have to go to the movies again!

Ragnarok
01-15-2010, 03:30 PM
That's the way I do it. :D Especially with the less-than-mediocre theater here in Wasilla. I'd rather wait for the home video release for any particular movie and watch it in my room. :nice: My dream HDTV would be 47". If i had it set up in a larger room, then I'd have to say 60". The 25.5" I already have is adequate, especially when it's going to be doing double-duty as a computer screen and I have to sit so close to it when I work.

Old Busted Hotness
01-15-2010, 03:32 PM
I just picked up a Philips up-converting DVD player for 44 bucks at Wallyworld. And the HDMI cable was 30! :eek:

The picture is kickawesome, though.

Ragnarok
01-15-2010, 03:34 PM
Definitely get an HDMI cable for as cheap as you can. Monster Cable is charging $200 or more for some. Amazon has them for about $10 and there's no performance difference AT ALL. I just bought one myself today for my Hackintosh. I'm running a DVI cable right now, but HDMI is cooler 'cause I can route the audio and video to my LCD with one cable.

Old Busted Hotness
01-15-2010, 05:05 PM
You gotta love voodoo marketing. A freaking digital signal doesn't care about triple-twisted strands of only the purest copper from our free-range copper ranch.

nataliemorgan
01-15-2010, 05:25 PM
I just picked up a Philips up-converting DVD player for 44 bucks at Wallyworld. And the HDMI cable was 30! :eek:

The picture is kickawesome, though.

Stu you should asked I keep HDMI cables on my truck.

Old Busted Hotness
01-15-2010, 06:23 PM
Next time I will :banghead:

I can't believe this $44 player has a better picture than my Sony DVD changer.

The Stray Cat
01-15-2010, 09:01 PM
I hooked my bluray up tonight just with my std AV cables and I can't believe how much better it looks. I'm ordering a HDMI from amazon here in a minute. Thanks for the heads up Rag.

Ragnarok
01-15-2010, 11:15 PM
Stu you should asked I keep HDMI cables on my truck.
Buh…wait…what? :blink:

I hooked my bluray up tonight just with my std AV cables and I can't believe how much better it looks. I'm ordering a HDMI from amazon here in a minute. Thanks for the heads up Rag.

Hey, no prob. I've actually seen them for less than a buck from one of their Amazon Market Place sellers. :huh: The cheapest HDMI cables I can get locally are $30. I figure that I'd be paying at least that for cables from Amazon along with their shipping, so it's kind of a wash. The up-side is I don't have to wait for FedUp or UBS to deliver it to me. The one I got this morning is made by Nyko. It's identical to the cable I bought for my PS3 in fall of 2008. Now I gotta open up my computer case again and get the SPDIF cable from the motherboard connected to my video card. I'll get into that this weekend in my computer thread 'cause there's some more stuff goin' down on Hackintosh front. :nice:

THE_JOKER
01-16-2010, 02:12 AM
What do you do Nat?

An nice one on the free Player Rock :chug: who cares about the make as long as its free! :lol:

An Rag.... Coolio i was waiting for a PC thread update!

sk8te-penguin
01-16-2010, 02:37 AM
Boo!!

Ragnarok
01-16-2010, 01:03 PM
Boo!!

Yeah, whatever, Mr. Rover Hat. :rant:

:rolling:

THE_JOKER
01-17-2010, 02:23 AM
I thought it was Boo! as in "Boo! i scared you" not Boo as in "Boo! this sucks!"

:thinking:

Ah well, anyone do anything worth mentioning this weekend?

Ragnarok
01-17-2010, 09:53 AM
I took it either way and still came up with the same answer. :lol:

Things I'm doing this weekend:
Cutting out the old sealant around the shower stall and applying new stuff.
Doing a little bit of cleanup in my room.
Eat a pepperoni calzone.
Work a little on the bouncing trucks I've been "commissioned" to do.
Maybe make my 2nd attempt of OS X installation on my new computer.
Fit a nap or two in there someplace.

Not that exciting at all, I guess.

THE_JOKER
01-17-2010, 10:01 AM
I dunno Rag that Re-Seal sounds like a popcorn moment to me :lol:

Ragnarok
01-17-2010, 01:14 PM
There's a new action hero in town. And he's got a gun.

RAGNAR IS
THE SILICONATOR
in
SHOWER OF DEATH

Thrill as he takes on old tub sealant, blade in hand and without mercy!

"Any last words?" http://hvx-rc.com/forumstuff/emo/emo-ninja.gif
<whaaah-chink-chink-chink-chink> "AAAAAAHHHHH!!!"

THE SILICONATOR takes no prisoners!

Scream in terror as it takes over eight hours for the new caulk to cure! :eek: Your first yawn may be your last!

See SHOWER OF DEATH in a theater near you!

Lee
01-17-2010, 01:23 PM
i take your ' SILICONATOR'.... and raise you....

special man!!
http://i982.photobucket.com/albums/ae303/leebash/129076876463528824.jpg

i can haz win?

Ragnarok
01-17-2010, 01:46 PM
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=hJn5L1nrkL4

THE_JOKER
01-17-2010, 03:59 PM
L.....m....f....a......o

Old Busted Hotness
01-17-2010, 04:51 PM
FYI, that stuff never dries in 8 hours. I always give it at least 72 for a full cure.

After 8 hours it's just hard enough that you think it's cured. Then you take a shower and the water goes all white.

Ragnarok
01-17-2010, 06:51 PM
FYI, that stuff never dries in 8 hours. I always give it at least 72 for a full cure.

After 8 hours it's just hard enough that you think it's cured. Then you take a shower and the water goes all white.

Great. <sigh> Well, I haven't gotten around to it yet. Been working on custom BTs and just vegetating. I guess I better get on it. I'm glad to know that now. I've only worked with clear silicone at length, and it's definitely 24hrs + for that. (We use it to mount glass into door frames.)

Time for more on-the-job-training. :p

EDIT: BTW, landrover 4x4, I just improved your avatar with 200% more bounce.

The Stray Cat
01-17-2010, 07:01 PM
Yep silicone takes quite awhile to "truly" clear. I just redid my tub and replaced the shower and faucet heads. I hate plumbing. So my weekend was pretty uneventful, the Mrs. worked all day Sat and Sun so I was watching my 3 kids both days. Oh well I got to watch the Colts get one more step to the bowl!

Ragnarok
01-17-2010, 08:20 PM
I just got done cutting out the old stuff and applying the new. Hopefully there won't need to be a sequel to SHOWER OF DEATH. It'll probably have to be a reboot. :blink: <_<

The Stray Cat
01-17-2010, 10:59 PM
Well maybe it was good enough and all you'll need is a special edition DVD release!:rofl:

Ragnarok
01-17-2010, 11:11 PM
Lots of special features, like deleted scenes, outtakes, cast commentaries. Oh yeah, and lots more cussin'. :rant: Lots.

The Stray Cat
01-18-2010, 07:30 AM
So the actual release was PG-13 but the special edition dvd gets R, awesome! Maybe you could cuss in several languages, that way it can be educational as well, like Dora and Diego!

Ragnarok
01-18-2010, 10:51 AM
Пошёл на хуй!

The Stray Cat
01-18-2010, 11:21 AM
Exactly!

Ragnarok
01-18-2010, 11:56 AM
You know that kinda talk could get me banned! http://hvx-rc.com/forumstuff/emo/emo-runbehinddoor.gif

The Stray Cat
01-18-2010, 11:58 AM
Well I doubt there are many on this forum that even know what that means.

FunkyHunk
01-18-2010, 02:32 PM
Rated 'R' for Retarded :p

THE_JOKER
01-20-2010, 07:26 AM
And now for something completely different, well not that different.

Some pics of my hilux fun the other day in the snow, (all gone now its raining again).

http://i703.photobucket.com/albums/ww39/wolfsburg92/Globe005-1.jpg

http://i703.photobucket.com/albums/ww39/wolfsburg92/Globe007-1.jpg

http://i703.photobucket.com/albums/ww39/wolfsburg92/Globe008-1.jpg

And these are what i was playing around on this morning, i thought i would leave the idea of a 8x8 for now an get back on the "Unfinished" Joker Truck.
Ive ordered some Purple LED's for the headlights :D havent installed the lenses yet as im not sure whether to go normal lenses or something with a little hood over each light? light covers are they called? not sure but i'll have a play anyway.

http://i703.photobucket.com/albums/ww39/wolfsburg92/Globe010-1.jpg

http://i703.photobucket.com/albums/ww39/wolfsburg92/Globe011-1.jpg

http://i703.photobucket.com/albums/ww39/wolfsburg92/Globe012-1.jpg

http://i703.photobucket.com/albums/ww39/wolfsburg92/Globe013-1.jpg

Gonna go with Ford Purple Velvet on the kit me thinks? (same as the chassis)

Hows your Rig coming along Rock???

An any more on the PC Rag?

UK_Andy
01-20-2010, 07:43 AM
Пошёл на хуй!

swearing in russian, tut tut

The Stray Cat
01-20-2010, 07:47 AM
Joker that looks awesome on the joker rig. I like your nice and simple hilux too, looks like a real truck. My 6x6 is getting there, I'll have some pics soon. I keep changing my mind on the chassis. But I did just score 5 RC4WD flashpoint tires for $30 so now I just need two more.

The Stray Cat
01-20-2010, 07:51 AM
http://i703.photobucket.com/albums/ww39/wolfsburg92/Globe012-1.jpg

The purple would look good on the additions, I think you should do the visor purple too though if you go with it.

THE_JOKER
01-20-2010, 08:04 AM
Sweet score on the tyres!! :chug: i know how you feel with the chassis, i did a rig ages ago i changed the chassis so much it had to be binned :lol:

Thanks for the compliments btw bud, i never really thought of the sunvisor till you mentioned it, i may do that Purple too, or i will do the new additions purple an see how it looks first, i still have some decals left which are nearly all Purple too, so i dont want to swamp it in that too much.

Wow i said Purple alot?

EDIT: PURPLE

Ragnarok
01-20-2010, 08:26 AM
And these are what i was playing around on this morning, i thought i would leave the idea of a 8x8 for now an get back on the "Unfinished" Joker Truck.
Ive ordered some Purple LED's for the headlights :D havent installed the lenses yet as im not sure whether to go normal lenses or something with a little hood over each light? light covers are they called? not sure but i'll have a play anyway.

…clip…

Gonna go with Ford Purple Velvet on the kit me thinks? (same as the chassis)

Hows your Rig coming along Rock???

An any more on the PC Rag?

Purple would awesome. I think that RockEd is right about the visor, too. :nice:

I'm kinda bummed on my Hackintosh right now because some of the changes I'm attempting haven't worked. I did have some success last night before I shut down for the evening, so I think I'm on the right track.

swearing in russian, tut tut

Hey, it's all part of the special features on the mutli-lingual and uncut release of my new action movie, "SHOWER OF DEATH - Director's Cut: Too Hot for Scale 4x4 RC Edition!" :mad:

:rolling:

The Stray Cat
01-20-2010, 08:26 AM
Purple is good. How about a big toothy grin on the front!:D

THE_JOKER
01-20-2010, 08:33 AM
Everytime you think you got it, something goes wrong Rag :lol: i dunno how you have the patients with computers, i normally get about 2mins into trying to solve a pc error before switching it off for good, when there running Great! lovely, when there not? Bin time.

I had a thought about a grin in the front bumper Rock, thought it would look good with the purple headlights, and maybe some clear acrylic behind the smile with red LED's to give it a red mouth, but then i thought, sod it i cant be bothered cutting it out :lol: i bent the exhaust stacks back abit too, i was thinking of making those little Bang flags that pop out of a joke gun for them :D

Rag just out of curiosity an please feel free to tell me to sod off none of your business but, How much has this PC cost you so far?

The Stray Cat
01-20-2010, 08:36 AM
Don't make him Rag cry Joker. ^_^

The grin might be too much but I do like the BANG flags, reminds me of the old Batman TV show with Adam West!

Ragnarok
01-20-2010, 08:42 AM
Purple is good. How about a big toothy grin on the front!:D

There ya go!

Everytime you think you got it, something goes wrong Rag :lol: i dunno how you have the patients with computers, i normally get about 2mins into trying to solve a pc error before switching it off for good, when there running Great! lovely, when there not? Bin time.
…clip…
Rag just out of curiosity an please feel free to tell me to sod off none of your business but, How much has this PC cost you so far?
I have to stick with it because I have dumped so much time and effort into it. And since it's the cornerstone of my music and design studio(s), it's not an issue of choice anymore - I have to get it working. When it was working (it still is actually) it's only running at about 30% to 50% of what it should be, and I have to get it hammered out until it is at full capacity. My Death Star reference was way too premature. :blush:

As far as money is concerned…I just don't know. I'm afraid to actually add up all of my invoices. Off the cuff, I'm estimating it at about $2,200 to $2,500 if I include my Samsung ToC T260HD display. I bought it in late-Autumn of 2008 and paid nearly $700 for it with shipping (they're now sub-$400 pre-S&H), so I think I've spent as much as $2k on all the stuff I received in the last six weeks. A Hackintosh can certainly be built for a lot less money, but I needed a platform where I can grow and expand as my needs dictate. :nice:

THE_JOKER
01-20-2010, 08:58 AM
Wow Rag thats some cash right there! more than i thought you was gonna say actually :lol: its gonna be worth it in the end though im sure of it, if you ever get there that is. :banana:

Rock you know of any toys or things that might use such a flag? i dont want to draw one on paper i would prefer a nice fabric one...( Well two of them actually)

I'll scan the bay later for something along the lines of it.

Is there such a thing as a decal maker? i know it can be done by buying a printer an the decal paper ect but is there like a little standalone jobby that does the same thing an works out cheaper? i dont want to be buying a whole setup just for a few stickers now an then.

The Stray Cat
01-20-2010, 09:03 AM
Well maybe it's the deathstar between episode 3 and 4, hopefully it don't blow up at the end of episode 4 on ya. I highly doubt, it'd make for "A New Hope" for you.:rolling:

THE_JOKER
01-20-2010, 09:05 AM
What a thing to say!....you evil man thats brilliant! :lol:

Ragnarok
01-20-2010, 09:22 AM
Not sure which it is…

http://www.dan-dare.org/dan%20saber/DeathStarExplodeAni.gif http://hvx-rc.com/forumstuff/ani/ani-mariovsdeathstar.gif

Thanks guys, I'm feeling much better. http://hvx-rc.com/forumstuff/emo/emo-explode.gif

http://hvx-rc.com/forumstuff/ani/ani-swobiwanvslebowski.gif

The Stray Cat
01-20-2010, 09:26 AM
As far as decal maker there isn't really anything other than the printer option or going with an entire setup like a cricket.

jaymillz517 makes my decals for me you could always pm him they come out really nice. He does them laminated or not laminated. He is pretty reasonable on pricing also.

THE_JOKER
01-21-2010, 03:10 PM
Thanks Rock, i think i might treat myself to a printer this weekend afterall :chug: got a house removal friday night an saturday then im free to start on my decals (All being well getting a printer).

Well i finished the kit today, made a rear part of it too, installed the UV headlights, just need to make a decision on the headlight covers now, oh an i made a make shift sun visor an painted it purple but it didnt look right at all so i kept the green on there :chug:

http://i703.photobucket.com/albums/ww39/wolfsburg92/Globe014-1.jpg

http://i703.photobucket.com/albums/ww39/wolfsburg92/Globe015-1.jpg

http://i703.photobucket.com/albums/ww39/wolfsburg92/Globe017-1.jpg

http://i703.photobucket.com/albums/ww39/wolfsburg92/Globe016-1.jpg

http://i703.photobucket.com/albums/ww39/wolfsburg92/Globe018-1.jpg

The Stray Cat
01-21-2010, 03:13 PM
That thing is awesome, nice job on that kit bud. It'd probably take away from the purple color but some smoked light lenses would look killer on this.

THE_JOKER
01-21-2010, 03:18 PM
Thanks Rock, i dunno about the smokes? may try it with some plastic i have, the UV may actually look better through it i dunno? i got the lights working via the remote btw, the servo gimmick, saves walking over to it ect.

Im thoroughly pleased with it, i was going to put some joker stickers on the sides but i think it looks better as is? too many stickers can ruin it i think.

The Stray Cat
01-21-2010, 03:23 PM
I think it could stand two smaller stickers one on each door. But it is your truck.

THE_JOKER
01-21-2010, 03:25 PM
I'll have a play an see, im gonna have a look on ebay over the weekend an see if i can get a Joker Figure to pose with it :lol: not sure what size would look best though?, again i'll have a looksy.

The Stray Cat
01-21-2010, 08:02 PM
any joker figure between 5 and 6" tall should be good. There's quite a few really good Joker figs out there.

THE_JOKER
01-22-2010, 02:10 AM
any joker figure between 5 and 6" tall should be good. There's quite a few really good Joker figs out there.

I had a quick look on ebay before kip last night, most of them were either the cartoony ones from years ago, or large scale, I'll check again over the weekend, thanks for the measurement tip Rock :chug:

The Stray Cat
01-22-2010, 07:03 AM
This one here is a classic from the 80s, I had when I was a wee lad. Its one of my favorite Joker figs.

http://www.cooltoyreview.com/Kenner_SP_Joker.asp

And here's a decent fig from the movie

http://i663.photobucket.com/albums/uu359/elkozak73/1216595793453733220192.jpg

THE_JOKER
01-22-2010, 07:11 AM
Think i seen one of them on the bay? dont remember that green hammer thing though? looks pretty cool! suprised you kept it so long, things tend to fade as life moves forward :lol:

I was looking for a Heath version last night but all i was coming up with was the large scale ones at a silly price. I'll try again tommorow, might be some more by then.

The Stray Cat
01-22-2010, 09:00 AM
Let me know if you need help tracking one down. I know some good websites for finding figs too.

THE_JOKER
01-22-2010, 09:49 AM
Cheers Rock :chug: gonna sort out the headlights an some sort of tailight design first. I like the more modern firure you put up from the recent joker, thats kinda what im after, im in town tommorow anyway so may look round the shops too.

The Stray Cat
01-22-2010, 11:48 AM
Anytime bud, I checked around for some "BANG" flags and haven't had any luck yet.

THE_JOKER
01-22-2010, 12:46 PM
Anytime bud, I checked around for some "BANG" flags and haven't had any luck yet.

Yeah i had no luck with that either.

Well i just been loading a van for a family friend, i leave them with him to come back and there's a Diversion, so i follow it an end up on a bypass (your highway i guess?)

Going along its poooooring with rain here can barely see anything, theres a car further up who decides to suddenly stop for reasons best know to himself, then the bus behind him stops, so i indicate and go to overtake him,.......The bus only swerves out as im passing (doin around 60-70mph)pushing me to within must have been an Inch of the centre reservation (Steel Barriers) then after passing he has the nerve to flash his lights an blow the horn at me?!?!?!?! wtf??? i swear if i had another layer of laquer on the car i would have got stuck, i was hoping to meet him at the next junction so i could ask him, Next time leave me a tin opener, jeese so many muppets on the road.

Anyways...........where's Rag???

The Stray Cat
01-22-2010, 01:05 PM
Sounds like a hairy situation.

Rag must be busy with work. either that or he is stuck in side hiw "DEATH STAR":rofl:

THE_JOKER
01-22-2010, 01:07 PM
:lol: yeah the madness of his PC build has gained the ability of Life an consumed him.

v8 sami
01-22-2010, 01:41 PM
Like I said I just don't get this place:sht:mmm mmm

THE_JOKER
01-22-2010, 01:49 PM
Randomness and Sanity is something thats not to "Get" but to "Create"

The Stray Cat
01-22-2010, 01:56 PM
:lol: yeah the madness of his PC build has gained the ability of Life an consumed him.

Maybe it had one of those SABER chips like the Appliances on G-Force!:crazy:

THE_JOKER
01-22-2010, 01:58 PM
Whatever its had i only hope Rag's in one piece an not morphed into some sort of PC powered transformer.

The Stray Cat
01-22-2010, 07:55 PM
Ya know, Rag might like being a PC powered Transformer!

THE_JOKER
01-23-2010, 02:15 AM
You may be right :lol:

Lee
01-23-2010, 07:29 AM
i just uploaded my first youtube video:banana:
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=vlK7RKjty80

THE_JOKER
01-23-2010, 07:56 AM
Sweet savage :chug:

Bet your neighbours love you eh? :lol:

Lee
01-23-2010, 11:43 AM
lol thanks :) no ones said anything yet, kinda suprised at that but hey :crazy:

Metal Militia
01-23-2010, 12:00 PM
nice vid, i'm kind of dizzy now though

The Stray Cat
01-23-2010, 07:31 PM
Nice vid!, Somedays I miss the sounds of the monster trucks, but it's much more enjoyable for me to do scalers. I ran TMAXXes for many years, I loved the speed and just plain biggness, but my old arse gets tired chasing them down now.:rofl:

Lee
01-24-2010, 04:16 AM
:lol: thanks :) i once saw a kyosho mad force nitro lock up the throttle, it was an awesome wheely but when it didnt stop the owner had to chase it:lolbeat:

THE_JOKER
01-24-2010, 12:30 PM
Search party for Rag, Sign Here........................

Where he at? is he swamped with bouncing truck requests??

Ragnarok
01-24-2010, 05:50 PM
Yeah, I'm wondering where he is, too. :thinking:

broke it again
01-24-2010, 06:09 PM
That looks familiar.

http://i80.photobucket.com/albums/j200/Tankbusters/RC_Cars/IMG_2428.jpg

THE_JOKER
01-25-2010, 02:36 AM
Hey Rag! :lol: an wth , thats the figure i want for the truck! :mad: where you get it?

Ragnarok
01-25-2010, 08:29 AM
Okay, forget trying to make music on a Nintendo DS. This is what I need!

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=AZ6FmQq-XHQ

Runs on iPhone and iPod Touch. Three 3-osc synthesizers (two monophonic, one polyphonic) plus a drum kit, sequencing, real-time synth parameter editing, etc. I could take this with me to work and pound out some "choons" during my breaks! Time to get an iPod Touch. :drool:

The Stray Cat
01-25-2010, 09:39 AM
Rag, I know you're a smart guy, but just in case you have forgotten, there's always a new something better than yesterday's something. especially with technology!:beer&buddy: So where ya been? Joker and I thought your PC might have overtaken you and amalgamated you both together.

Ragnarok
01-25-2010, 10:01 AM
The Singularity hasn't happened in my neck of the woods yet. :p Naw, just some stuff I'd rather not get into. Still not out of it yet, really. :( Gotta keep my mind on other things. I did some more work on my computer yesterday as some warped form of punitive therapy to cope. Results are in my Hackintosh thread. :nice:

That iPhone/iPod Touch dealie was unveiled at this year's Winter NAMM show. I'm pretty excited about it. Super-mobile composition - sort of like a sketchpad. The dock is even a 2-octave keyboard. :excited: Kicks butt on having to use a stylus to "type" the notes in.

THE_JOKER
01-25-2010, 12:27 PM
I wonder if Cats can catch an STD?

Anyway

SO Rock! any more proggy on the rig?

The Stray Cat
01-25-2010, 12:48 PM

Anyway

SO Rock! any more proggy on the rig?

Sometimes you scare me. Is it just nature that many Brits are half crazy? I trained with some British soldiers when I was in the Army and they were all well beyond any frame of sanity.

We all went to this little pub one night, and theBritish guys starting betting each other to do crazy stuff. The one got bet 1 US Dollar to eat a s*#t sandwich and he did with a smile on his face and never bothered to gorinse out his mouth. Just swished the beer around a little and called it good.

Well I have acquired almost all my parts, I'm having the same guy help with my chassis that UK ANdy did. So I'm in a holding pattern for a couple weeks. But it's ok I'm going to start a new SCX10 build in a week. Saturday is my Birthday and I'm getting a new SCX10!

Ragnarok
01-25-2010, 12:55 PM
We all went to this little pub one night, and theBritish guys starting betting each other to do crazy stuff. The one got bet 1 US Dollar to eat a s*#t sandwich and he did with a smile on his face and never bothered to gorinse out his mouth. Just swished the beer around a little and called it good.

http://hvx-rc.com/forumstuff/emo/emo-squint.png

THE_JOKER
01-25-2010, 01:01 PM
You jammy bleeder!!! :lol: ide love one of them SCX10's, even the bumpers will do.

An as for your build the more i hear the more i wanna see! might have to start another build now to quench my thirst :drool:

Oh an i have never nor will never eat a sh** sarnie either. But saying that i wouldnt call myself "Sane" either? Iv'e done the Gummyshack game, that involves one person standing on a golf course while another hits the ball at him, (He must always smile too) if a ball hits him anywhere below shoulder height, the man who's hit buys 1 round, if you hit him in the face he buys 2 rounds, if you get him in the teeth its Gummyshack an he buys 3 rounds an the kebab an chips, last time that was played though was about 4yrs ago, only one guy got hit in the teeth as we were all pretty crap at golf, he lost 3 teeth an split his gum, so he missed out on both the pints an chips.

Used to do downhill trolley dash too, pretty self explanatory, get a shopping trolley go for the biggest hill, first one to the bottom wins whatever was put in the kitty, i always got the one with the gammy wheel though, no end of times it careered into the curb.

The Stray Cat
01-25-2010, 01:15 PM
Need I really say more. LMAO! Seriously though that golf game sounds uh, not so fun. I'm just buying the original SCX kit, for the expense of the Honcho, it's not worth the extra money for what ya get. PLus so many have the Honcho now that I can't stand to look. Mine won't be anything like anyone else's when I'm done.

THE_JOKER
01-25-2010, 01:23 PM
Why what you gonna do with it? :excited:

The Stray Cat
01-25-2010, 01:35 PM
I'm going to use for my zombipocolypse build. I have a few ideas in mind just not sure which direction I'm going to go with it.

THE_JOKER
01-25-2010, 01:39 PM
I'm going to use for my zombipocolypse build. I have a few ideas in mind just not sure which direction I'm going to go with it.

Ahhh sweet!!! yeah i have to say i was a lil miffed when i seen that, as the globe used to be in a state to fit the criteria, an i also had an F-350 body which i converted to round front headlights, a bulge bonnet an fitted a twin fan in the grill, i was actually doing a madmax build with it, this was when Ian was about, i dunno where it got to now though, may have to dig it out?

What sort of body you going for then? apologies if you already said somewhere im all over the shop at the moment :chug:

The Stray Cat
01-25-2010, 01:47 PM
I'm thinking either a Dodge like that one pic, or something really different based off an Axial Trail Ranger body.

THE_JOKER
01-25-2010, 01:49 PM
The Dodge from Death Race? sounds good, you know where to get a dodge body as a start though? newbright does one dont they?

The Stray Cat
01-25-2010, 01:59 PM
Yep or I might use the HPI lexan one, it's a pretty decent body and has the exact wheel base of the SCX10.

THE_JOKER
01-25-2010, 02:00 PM
Never knew HPI did one??? i dont look into this stuff enough. :lol:

The Stray Cat
01-25-2010, 02:04 PM
http://i663.photobucket.com/albums/uu359/elkozak73/Ram%20Tough/dram4.jpg
http://i663.photobucket.com/albums/uu359/elkozak73/Ram%20Tough/dram5.jpg
http://i663.photobucket.com/albums/uu359/elkozak73/Ram%20Tough/dram1.jpg

This was original SCX10 I traded for a couple of things.

THE_JOKER
01-25-2010, 02:06 PM
Thats one sweet truck!! jees so many bodyshells i gotta get, defo go for one of them, dont use that one though its flippin nice!

The Stray Cat
01-25-2010, 02:14 PM
No I don't own that one any more, I traded that SCX with that body for an RTR tamiya HUMMER with an extra body plus $150 bucks, so I couldn't turn it down.

I do miss that truck though.

THE_JOKER
01-25-2010, 02:20 PM
You complete an utter m......................... :lol: damn why! thats one helluva nice rig, well anyways yeah i second your idea for that body, looks to make a great base.

The Stray Cat
01-25-2010, 02:44 PM
Yea I know, I know, I have learned my lesson not to sell my stuff off anymore unless it's parts I know I won't use.

THE_JOKER
01-26-2010, 03:04 PM
Decided on a body yet then bud? i was looking at the bodies meself an theres some real nice ones but i cant bring myself to touch the lexan personally, i prefer the hard bodies. I know they can be made to look fantastic with 6 tons of styrene but damn we need more companys making these sweet rare cars/trucks in hard body form.

The Stray Cat
01-26-2010, 03:24 PM
well thats the trouble, there isn't a good Dodge hard body out there. New brights are okay but they are either to small or too big. I don't mind lexan, depends on the body and all, but they can be made to look good.

Ragnarok
01-26-2010, 11:52 PM
Oh my freaking head! I get one more "Mafia Wars" solicitation or "What kind of truck are you" questionnaire request I think I'm going to scream! I swear to crap, I'm this close to muting every single one of my halfassed relations on my Facebook page!

http://www.hvx-rc.com/forumstuff/emo/emo-explode.gif

If I did that I would have about three people NOT sending me "Farmville" stuff.

I have two people that I've found on FB that were sort-of friends that I knew a long time ago in a galaxy far, far away. One from Elementary/Jr. High, the other from High School. I'm really afraid that contacting them would be inappropriate, or at the very least…weird. :huh: I'm not even sure why I feel even the slightest bit compelled to reach out to them. :thinking: This should be an easy "do or do not do" decision.

Maybe it's the fear of getting a "who are you?" or a "I can't seem to remember you," or even a "are you some kind of stalker?" from either of them - especially from the one I haven't talked to for twenty years. :blink: I don't like imposing on people or showing up when I'm neither needed or wanted. They both happen to be of the female persuasion, so I'm doubly sensitive about it. Gyahh. I think I'll sleep on it for six months and worry about it then when I may have something interesting to talk about.

…Sorry 'bout running over your truck discussion, 'cause that was a sweet Dodge. :( Just had one of these "I can't sleep and get this off my mind for any good reason" quandries.

THE_JOKER
01-27-2010, 02:02 AM
No worries Rag, as for your situation, obviously its upto you, but depending on the friendship you had with them at school it could go two ways, if you knew them but they didnt really know you then yeah, your gonna get the "Stalker" treatment, if you were good friends back then? well it will go down well bud, plenty to talk about ect, i personally wouldnt bother, but thats just me :D the less people in your life, the less you have to do/think about.

LondonF350
01-27-2010, 05:28 AM
I hate Facebook. The couple of times I have bothered to catch up with people on there, it has made me remember why I lost touch with them in the first place. :nono:

Ragnarok
01-27-2010, 06:15 AM
No worries Rag, as for your situation, obviously its upto you, but depending on the friendship you had with them at school it could go two ways, if you knew them but they didnt really know you then yeah, your gonna get the "Stalker" treatment, if you were good friends back then? well it will go down well bud, plenty to talk about ect, i personally wouldnt bother, but thats just me :D the less people in your life, the less you have to do/think about.
They both knew me pretty well at the time, but since so much time has passed memories get hazy. I'm going to wait a while and then decide. I've bookmarked both of their pages so I don't need to go searching if I want to track them down again. I really don't have anything to worry about with the girl I knew in high school, but the other…twenty years? I might be setting myself up for a short-lived but unpleasant interchange. :huh:

Yeah, in a couple of month's time I may feel it's nothing to worry about. :nice: I guess the reason I'm sorta anxious/apprehensive is the fact it has been so long since I've spoken to either one of them that stumbling upon them has brought back a lot of nostalgia and it gets me thinking about seeing what they've been up to and how they've been.

I hate Facebook. The couple of times I have bothered to catch up with people on there, it has made me remember why I lost touch with them in the first place. :nono:

I can understand to a point. I wouldn't just try to contact various people that I used to know just because I knew them. These two gals were pretty special and I only lost touch with them because they happened to move away. :lol:

Now, my various cousins that keep doing the Mafia or Farmville stuff on the other hand… :nono: :lol:

The Stray Cat
01-27-2010, 07:16 AM

I agree 100% with Joker, I don't need anymore people to be worrying about than I already have. Plus the whole FB thing is just an open door invitation for idiocracy.:wacko:

The Stray Cat
01-27-2010, 08:47 AM
So I watched the movie "9" last night. For an animated flick it was very good. Not really for little kids at all. It had an excellent story line. Definitely a watcher.

THE_JOKER
01-27-2010, 08:56 AM
Haven't heard of that one myself, wait, is it the one with the little kid an his grandad?

EDIT: No that was "UP", just clicked :lol:

Too many animations lately , give me good ol Loony Tunes any day.

Ragnarok
01-27-2010, 09:04 AM
Yeah, I may try to get that soon. I've been looking forward to it.

The Stray Cat
01-27-2010, 09:42 AM
Well 9 was a good one, I got Pandorum to watch tonight. I don't know how bad it is, but it might be an ALIEN rip off.

Waterboy
01-27-2010, 02:36 PM
what the heck is this thing?

Ragnarok
01-27-2010, 02:46 PM
What the heck is what thing? :huh:

jeffro
01-27-2010, 02:54 PM
What the heck is what thing? :huh:

I know, I know... Its a totally derailed, smashed, taken over, lost, stepped on, beaten up, crashed, caught on fire, doused with water long a** thread that I only read once in awhile here an there, and I may actually know what happened in about 20 years, unless I die 1st. :rolling:

Ragnarok
01-27-2010, 02:57 PM
Wait, do you mean this? The Lamborghinibego?

…or possibly this?

Waterboy
01-27-2010, 03:14 PM
i ment the lamburghinibiego!!!:google::firedevil:;):burnout:: shoot::nice::thinking::rofl::rolling::banghead::wa ve::lolbeat::crazy::banana:^_^:postwhore::kick::sm ackbutt::aflac::whip::drool::update::chug::wacko:: rant::mad::sht::censor:<_<<_<:confused::blink::(:):beer&buddy::boxin::duel::bomb::jump::jump::crazy::think ing::birthday::birthday::bs2::spam::spam::spam::sp am::lurking::lurking::lurking::lurking::omg:

[COLOR="Red"]MUAHAAH[/AHHAAHAHAHAHAHAHHAAHAHHAHAHAHAHHAHAHACOLOR]

sk8te-penguin
01-27-2010, 03:19 PM
l AM WEARING A HAT!!!!!!

The Stray Cat
01-27-2010, 03:36 PM
l AM WEARING A HAT!!!!!!

A real hat or an RC body hat?:rolling:

sk8te-penguin
01-27-2010, 03:51 PM
I'm wearing my Range Rover Sport ^_^ It fits suprisingly well

Ragnarok
01-27-2010, 05:15 PM
http://hvx-rc.com/forumstuff/emo/emo-lambobegohat.png

Waterboy
01-27-2010, 07:40 PM
Penguin Blubber Get It While Its Hot!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

igotit
01-27-2010, 07:51 PM
great thread guys.....keep it rolling!

Ragnarok
01-27-2010, 08:02 PM
I am planning to rock…
http://hvx-rc.com/forumstuff/emo/emo-whatyoudidguitar.png

The Stray Cat
01-27-2010, 08:03 PM
Hey that hat looks dashing on you Rag!

The Stray Cat
01-27-2010, 08:04 PM
Definitely guitar and amp. You might want to add a lambirghinbego hat for good measure though:)

Ragnarok
01-27-2010, 08:11 PM
Am I rocking yet?

http://hvx-rc.com/forumstuff/emo/emo-whatyoudidguitarhat2.png

The Stray Cat
01-27-2010, 08:20 PM
Now you have it! Absolutely perfect, not a soul that hasn't been here will understand it be we do. And that's all that matters.:chug:

Waterboy
01-27-2010, 09:05 PM
YEEHAW RIDE IT BAD LANBERGHINEO WHOO!!!:update:

Waterboy
01-27-2010, 09:07 PM
nissian. shift.dude.the.cops.are.on.your.butt.wait.dont.shi ft.smack.em.bad

Ragnarok
01-27-2010, 09:08 PM
:cop: Son, I am dissapoint.

Ragnarok
01-28-2010, 09:07 AM
Well, I have my scales on the way. The ones that I've had for a while don't work anymore. Tried everything but throwing it on the ground (yeah - that'll help). I can't get the old-but-accurate beam/balance-type scales up here. None of the medical supply houses have them and no one will ship them up. So I had to go with a Health-O-Meter 349KLX physician's digital-type, and even then the first place I wanted to order them from wouldn't ship to Alaska. :nono: Ended up buying from an outfit that was charging $30 more for it but would ship to Rebel Base Hoth. :huh: 'Bout $200 for the scales and freight.

When I get them and I'm able to record my weight loss, I'll post my weight as it declines in my "Location" info at the right corner of my member info. At the moment I have this there - "\m/ \m/". That way I don't have 1,000 posts saying, "I lost a pound." :nice: It'll be sort of like a NASDAQ ticker.

Marcus
01-28-2010, 09:15 AM
I tried to wear a DF-02 bodyshell today, but it fell off when it was windy.

The Stray Cat
01-28-2010, 09:16 AM
Well good luck Rag, I've lost 15 lbs since the first, so I'm happy, I still more to lose but it's a start.

Ragnarok
01-28-2010, 09:20 AM
15lbs in a month is actually pretty good. :nice: Some people struggle to drop 5lbs in the same amount of time. My hope is that I can change out my entire wardrobe by my 34th this May. That's not a lot of clothes, but still it would be a nice accomplishment. :lol: I may do that several times this year. :D By Christmas I hope to shock the ever-living hell out of my family members. http://hvx-rc.com/forumstuff/emo/emo-flex.gif

Waterboy
01-28-2010, 10:35 AM
dude i dont gain wait its impossible :nice:

The Stray Cat
01-28-2010, 11:13 AM
dude i dont gain wait its impossible :nice:

I was that way too when I was a young whipper snapper! Not anymore though.

sk8te-penguin
01-28-2010, 11:23 AM
I tried to wear a DF-02 bodyshell today, but it fell off when it was windy.

Duct tape my friend, duct tape..^_^

Waterboy
01-28-2010, 11:32 AM
I was that way too when I was a young whipper snapper! Not anymore though.
Ive still got a way to go:firedevil: what have we done?

Ragnarok
01-28-2010, 02:46 PM
Scales shipped. :blink: Kinda fast. Unfortunately they're coming USPS, which means I won't actually have them delivered to me. I have to wait for the postal carrier to leave a little pink-orange slip in my mailbox telling me I have to go all the dangheck out to the friggin' annex to pick it up. Lazy bastages! :mad: They won't deliver to the door out here.

The Stray Cat
01-28-2010, 03:19 PM
I hate that about the dang USPS people, I never have time to get to my post office except Saturday usually.

Ragnarok
01-28-2010, 03:22 PM
Yeah, it's a huge inconvenience for me, too. :nono: I usually don't get off work before they close, and my lunch breaks don't give me a lot of time, either. I also work Saturdays, so it's a major hemorrhoid.

Waterboy
01-28-2010, 05:29 PM
Random Analog!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Ragnarok
01-28-2010, 07:47 PM

Waterboy
01-28-2010, 07:57 PM
true, very true. BAHAHAAHAHAHAHAHAHHAHAHAHAHAHHA

The Stray Cat
01-28-2010, 08:27 PM
http://i192.photobucket.com/albums/z240/scarletscrier/finsterfacepalm.jpg
http://i702.photobucket.com/albums/ww22/zorlac63/MassFacepalm.jpg

Ragnarok
01-28-2010, 10:41 PM
true, very true. BAHAHAAHAHAHAHAHAHHAHAHAHAHAHHA

Waterboy
01-29-2010, 07:47 AM
57388 oh its on. YODA WAR!
57394 BUAHAHAAHHHAHAHAHAHAH

The Stray Cat
01-29-2010, 07:55 AM
You really don't wanna go there!
http://i247.photobucket.com/albums/gg155/jreith/motivational%20posters/yodat.jpg
http://i156.photobucket.com/albums/t1/MegaZeo/Motivational%20Posters/DarthYoda1024.jpg

Ragnarok
01-29-2010, 08:36 AM
oh its on. YODA WAR!
57394 BUAHAHAAHHHAHAHAHAHAH

Alan Greenspan? I don't get it. http://hvx-rc.com/forumstuff/emo/emo-suspicious.gif

The Stray Cat
01-29-2010, 09:09 AM
http://i156.photobucket.com/albums/t1/MegaZeo/Motivational%20Posters/DarthYoda1024.jpg[/QUOTE]

Waterboy
01-29-2010, 09:26 AM
Alan Greenspan? I don't get it. http://hvx-rc.com/forumstuff/emo/emo-suspicious.gif just, yoda war. BUAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA

Ragnarok
01-29-2010, 09:46 AM
Um, no. There are many ways to kill a thread and I believe another one has just been discovered. I think this one had found its groove and disrupting it too much isn't a good idea. If you'd like to engage extreme non-sequitur, you're welcome to start a new discussion or hit 4Chan. :nice:

The Stray Cat
01-29-2010, 10:17 AM
So Rag-a-muffin! How's the weather up there in desolate AK? It's dang cold here today we're hovering around 5 and that's with the sun shining. BRRRRRR!

Waterboy
01-29-2010, 10:50 AM
Um, no. There are many ways to kill a thread and I believe another one has just been discovered. I think this one had found its groove and disrupting it too much isn't a good idea. If you'd like to engage extreme non-sequitur, you're welcome to start a new discussion or hit 4Chan. :nice: oh.....ok^_^:huh:

Ragnarok
01-29-2010, 02:48 PM
Hey, no animosity toward ya, Waterboy. :nice: Don't worry 'bout it.

RockEd, it's a very nice 30°F right now. Not bad at all for this time of year. I can handle it in my T-shirt with no problem. Ahhhh. Fairly cloudy, too. If it had a notion for any precipitation it could dump a metric frack-ton of snow on us, but there hasn't been any sign of that so far. We've had a fairly mild winter this go around. There's still a couple of months + of winter left, so there could be plenty of surprises.

The Stray Cat
01-29-2010, 02:49 PM
We had 30 last week and it was beautiful. I can live with anyday. zero I hate.

Ragnarok
01-29-2010, 02:53 PM
Yeah, that's definitely no fun, even for someone used to cold. Add some wind to that and it's hell.

The Stray Cat
01-29-2010, 03:07 PM
Yep we've had a nice breeze of 10-20mph with 30 mph gust so windchill is below zero and tomorrow suppose to be even worse.

Waterboy
01-29-2010, 03:10 PM
Ok right now i have 80 DEGREE WEATHER!!! guess where i am?

The Stray Cat
01-29-2010, 03:13 PM
Ok right now i have 80 DEGREE WEATHER!!! guess where i am?

Everywhere kinda:)

Waterboy
01-29-2010, 04:46 PM
Everywhere kinda:)
Haha true, very true. I live in an RV, and travel around the North American Continent. Right now i am i Mazatlan, mexico:update:

The Stray Cat
01-29-2010, 09:57 PM
Traveling around in an RV all over sounds pretty cool. How do you manage that?

Waterboy
01-29-2010, 10:05 PM
Traveling around in an RV all over sounds pretty cool. How do you manage that? My mom has a small buisness she runs that can be done from the internet, my dad saved alot!:lol: Im homeschooled, we have a 40 foot rv, 2 sisters, ad a hundred pound golden retriever!

The Stray Cat
01-29-2010, 10:32 PM
Dang, well enjoy every minute while ya can, so where do you call "home" or moe directly how do you get mail?

THE_JOKER
01-30-2010, 02:35 AM
Im out of touch with "Tech" how do you get internet?

Waterboy
01-30-2010, 01:36 PM
We call home Anthem, about 30 miles North of Phoenix, Arizona. How do we get mail? (I really want to have a get-to-gether sometime near there:nice:) Well we have an adress in Seattle, Washington, and when we get something there they atomaticly send us an email and a picture of what the box looks like, and who its from. Then they ship it from there to a place where were gonna be in say, a week. To get internet we have a satalite dish mounted to the top of our RV, and when we stop at a place and puch a button, the satalite dish pops up and automatically scans for a satalite in the sky.

Lee
01-30-2010, 01:50 PM
thats awesome, i wouldnt mind living in an rv :lol:

THE_JOKER
01-30-2010, 02:57 PM
Do that here though an your branded "Pikey" :lol:

Lee
01-30-2010, 03:09 PM
Do that here though an your branded "Pikey" :lol:

aye da ya like dags?

THE_JOKER
01-30-2010, 03:11 PM
Fhite ya fur it!

500 notes fur a cah???, tell ya wat i'll do, i'll giv ya 100 notes an tarmac ya drive fur ya?

Lee
01-30-2010, 03:31 PM
:lolbeat:
cant beat snatch. or lockstock. rock n rollas pretty good too. :nice:

The Stray Cat
01-30-2010, 07:47 PM
Pikey means gypsy or something right? So is it insulting to be called that?

Waterboy
01-30-2010, 10:04 PM
Pikey means gypsy or something right? So is it insulting to be called that? ya i was wondering the same:blink:

Ragnarok
01-30-2010, 10:14 PM
Pikey is a pejorative slang term used mainly in England to refer to Irish Travellers, gypsies or people of low social class. :blink:

Snivelsome oatings, old bunt.

THE_JOKER
01-31-2010, 02:28 AM
Ive heard "Gypsies" call each other pikey, i think its one of them things where they can call each other it without too much trouble, but an outsider walking in an shoutin "Oi! Pikey!" is gonna get in a fair bit of trouble.

I said the tarmac ya drive thing as a few years ago my ol man was selling his Vauxhall Vectra, the people who came to view it were gypsies, about 7 of them crammed in a car, they said to me ol man what i said above, i will never forget that.

The Stray Cat
01-31-2010, 10:15 AM
100 notes and a tarmac drive seems like a good deal.

Waterboy
01-31-2010, 11:41 AM
yep:lol:

THE_JOKER
01-31-2010, 12:16 PM
100 notes and a tarmac drive seems like a good deal.

yep:lol:

Trust me it aint.

Waterboy
01-31-2010, 03:12 PM
wait notes of what:confused:

THE_JOKER
02-01-2010, 09:04 AM
wait notes of what:confused:

Notes=money :chug: 100 notes is £100, 50 notes is £50 ect.

Or i could go all out an start using terms such as:

Monkey.
Ton.
Big Ben.
Archer.
Bee Hive.
Biscuit.
Donut.
Pony.

Ect :lol:

The Stray Cat
02-01-2010, 09:09 AM
Bits
Dough
Benjamins
Fattys
5 spot
cashola

THE_JOKER
02-01-2010, 09:32 AM
Wonder what japan's slang money is?

Or russia
germany ect.... cool to see others slang terms for various money amounts.

Ragnarok
02-01-2010, 09:34 AM
I dunno. I'd probably laugh at the goon trying to mug me if he said, "Oi! Gimme aw yah monkey!" :rolling:

THE_JOKER
02-01-2010, 09:34 AM
Oh yeah, tried "Sushi" the other day, some of it was nice but some of it was :censor: rank!

Just thought id'e share that with ya.................

THE_JOKER
02-01-2010, 09:37 AM
I dunno. I'd probably laugh at the goon trying to mug me if he said, "Oi! Gimme aw yah monkey!" :rolling:

:lol: translated would be "Oi! Give me all your £500"

Ragnarok
02-01-2010, 09:39 AM
So, he could also say he wanted a quarter ton? That's what five-hundred pounds is. :thinking: America and England: separated by a common language.

Waterboy
02-01-2010, 09:41 AM
I dunno. I'd probably laugh at the goon trying to mug me if he said, "Oi! Gimme aw yah monkey!" :rolling: ahahahaha:lol::rofl:

THE_JOKER
02-01-2010, 09:42 AM
£500 is also known as "Half a Ton" going the Kilo route.

Ragnarok
02-01-2010, 09:48 AM
I think that if we Americans run out of our propensity for vernacular experimentation we should get some help from GB. :blink:

THE_JOKER
02-01-2010, 09:49 AM
I think that if we Americans run out of our propensity for vernacular experimentation we should get some help from GB. :blink:

Better off sticking as you are matey, why make life any more complicated? :lol:

The Stray Cat
02-01-2010, 10:04 AM
I have always found it humorous that the same word can have two opposite meanings depending on where it is used. Oh well so to recap a Tarmaced drive and 100 notes is not a good deal, and 500 pounds is a monkey!:crazy:

Waterboy
02-01-2010, 10:14 AM
like too to two for four fish fish:lol:

The Stray Cat
02-01-2010, 10:17 AM
like too to two for four fish fish:lol:

No I meant fagot is a derrogatory term used for a gay person but it really means a bundle of sticks, but is also a term used for cigarettes in some countries.

Waterboy
02-01-2010, 10:28 AM
oh, haha i would crack up if someone said "hey you bundle of sticks!!:crazy:

THE_JOKER
02-01-2010, 10:30 AM
No I meant fagot is a derrogatory term used for a gay person but it really means a bundle of sticks, but is also a term used for cigarettes in some countries.

Can also mean multiple things in the same country too:

here

Fag= Gay.
Fag= "also" a Cigarette.
Fagot= "again" Gay.
Fagot/Fagot's=meaty food in gravy.

Multiple uses of the same word in the same country.

What the hell are we talking about again???....................... :thinking:

The Stray Cat
02-01-2010, 10:52 AM
How much easier other languages must be, because english is just way over complicated!

THE_JOKER
02-01-2010, 11:02 AM
How much easier other languages must be, because english is just way over complicated!

Conversations aint much better:

GUY 1-"i need a fag"

GUY 2-"gay!"

GUY 1-"yeah funny....so you got a fag?"

GUY 2-"You ARE a fag"

GUY 1-"Shut it you fagot!"

GUY 2-"Who you callin a fagot you fag?"

GUY 1-"all this fagot stuff aint gettin me any closer to my fag"

an so on an so forth.

:thinking:

Time for a cup of charlie.

The Stray Cat
02-01-2010, 11:29 AM
"Time for a cup of charlie." What's this?

THE_JOKER
02-01-2010, 12:33 PM
"Time for a cup of charlie." What's this?

Cup of tea :chug:

The Stray Cat
02-01-2010, 12:33 PM
We call coffee Cup O' Joe!

THE_JOKER
02-01-2010, 12:34 PM
:lol: Charlie an Joe

THE_JOKER
02-01-2010, 12:35 PM
Im off to watch me "Superhero Movie" film :wave: :chug:

The Stray Cat
02-01-2010, 12:35 PM
Which movie? Have a good night bud.

highlandcrawler
02-01-2010, 01:09 PM
Thats how my brother harrasses me about smoking . When he sees me go out for a smoke he will say " going out to suck down some more fags?"