Scale 4x4 R/C Forums

Scale 4x4 R/C Forums (http://www.scale4x4rc.org/forums/index.php)
-   Big Rigs, Multi axle, & Tracked Vehicles (http://www.scale4x4rc.org/forums/forumdisplay.php?f=27)
-   -   Kenworth Tow Truck Rotator another cookie cutter build (http://www.scale4x4rc.org/forums/showthread.php?t=60622)

Fhhhstix 04-23-2011 10:31 AM

Kenworth Tow Truck Rotator another cookie cutter build
 
Here is the start of my new build, it will be an 80 ton Rotating tow truck. This will be a slow build as time and money allow. Here is a pic of the inspiration and the start of the build.



























Thanks for looking.
Travis

scalepaintn 04-23-2011 11:45 AM

coool!!! truck, i will be watchen

Tamiya Cowboy 04-23-2011 04:22 PM

That is a Bad *** tow truck! Cant wait to see more.

rc10johnny 04-23-2011 07:40 PM

tires
 
Hey TC,very nice build....are the tires the new Mickey Thompsons??? Thanks JohnnySr

Fhhhstix 04-23-2011 08:01 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by scalepaintn (Post 817766)
coool!!! truck, i will be watchen

Thanks scalepaintn I hope to gather up some of the parts for the boom this week.

Quote:

Originally Posted by Tamiya Cowboy (Post 817805)
That is a Bad *** tow truck! Cant wait to see more.

Thanks Paul I will be taking my time on this one i want it to be as perfect as I can get it.

Quote:

Originally Posted by rc10johnny (Post 817823)
Hey TC,very nice build....are the tires the new Mickey Thompsons??? Thanks JohnnySr

:confused::thinking:

Travis

Dominick Shauntee 04-23-2011 08:14 PM

nice one will be following this build ! :)

pumptech 04-23-2011 08:45 PM

Very cool idea for a build ,looks great so far.:drool:

FreddyGearDrive 04-24-2011 04:32 AM

Nice job there so far,Mr Biddle. You have some work ahead of you on this one.
FGD

Stylin n Profilin 04-24-2011 10:31 AM

Now thats a show stopper there....Your going to need something that big to lift up all the cookie cutter's over here...:bacondance::bacondance::bacondance:

hawgfanman 04-25-2011 11:12 AM

Awesome! Can't wait to see more progress!

BIG RIG BRI 04-25-2011 12:15 PM

As a rc truck guy from the UK what is a cookie cutter!!!!!!!!!

Very nice full size m/c to build from.
I hope you can capture the presence of the 1;1 m/c.
Please say you will be using real hydraulics:rant::Happybounce:
I`ll be watchin closely:popcorn:

Brian.

Fhhhstix 04-25-2011 06:03 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Dominick Shauntee (Post 817831)
nice one will be following this build ! :)

Quote:

Originally Posted by pumptech (Post 817838)
Very cool idea for a build ,looks great so far.:drool:

Quote:

Originally Posted by FreddyGearDrive (Post 817881)
Nice job there so far,Mr Biddle. You have some work ahead of you on this one.
FGD

Quote:

Originally Posted by Stylin n Profilin (Post 817975)
Now thats a show stopper there....Your going to need something that big to lift up all the cookie cutter's over here...:bacondance::bacondance::bacondance:

Quote:

Originally Posted by hawgfanman (Post 818276)
Awesome! Can't wait to see more progress!

Quote:

Originally Posted by BIG RIG BRI (Post 818295)
As a rc truck guy from the UK what is a cookie cutter!!!!!!!!!

Very nice full size m/c to build from.
I hope you can capture the presence of the 1;1 m/c.
Please say you will be using real hydraulics:rant::Happybounce:
I`ll be watchin closely:popcorn:

Brian.

Thanks guy's I am still in the planning stage right now buy I just couldn't resist putting the chassis together. Brian the term cookie cutter is used to reference trucks that all look alike and was used in my trucks title for a little fun. As for hyd's I am not a fan but if some one could come up with some affordable hyd's that were durable and didn't leak I would do it. I will be using linear actuators that I am having a friend of mine help me with. When the actuators are done they will look just like hyd cyl's.

Thanks for looking
Travis

Landcruiser FJ40 04-26-2011 06:34 AM

i love all these kenwoth buids they always come out beautiful and stunning :wub:

BIG RIG BRI 04-26-2011 07:35 AM

Thanks for bringin me up to date with the terminology.
Would a RS-575 motor fit on the tamiya 3 speed, if so it would give this bad boy some real grunt especially if mated to a inline reduction gearbox like ive seen on some other heavies.
I looked on a robotics website and it gave this motor with around 30-40% more torque:drool::drool::drool:
The jerr dan unit will be a nice change of wrecker layout as opposed to the integrated units (which are still v/nice) giving seperate control of boom and underlift.
Remarkable so-far.
Brian.

BRICKNICK 04-26-2011 10:14 PM

This thing should look awesome when shes done, this is a very unique build idea. I've never seen a 1:1 wrecker that bad a$$ before.


All times are GMT -6. The time now is 04:08 AM.

Powered by vBulletin®
Copyright ©2000 - 2018, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
Copyright 2004 - 2018, Scale 4x4 R/C