Scale 4x4 R/C Forums

Scale 4x4 R/C Forums (http://www.scale4x4rc.org/forums/index.php)
-   Warnoffroad (http://www.scale4x4rc.org/forums/forumdisplay.php?f=143)
-   -   Matthew R. Wolfe aka Warnoffroad (http://www.scale4x4rc.org/forums/showthread.php?t=51537)

warnoffroad 06-24-2010 02:34 PM

Matthew R. Wolfe aka Warnoffroad

Hello to all,

My name is Joan Wolfe. My son is Matt Wolfe, known to all of you as Warnoffroad. Matt chose to take his own life on Monday, May 31st. We don't have all the answers "why", but we loved him deeply and it brings us comfort to know he knew that. One of his last requests was to let you know how much me enjoyed your builds. I hope I have fullfilled that request. He loved building scale models and enjoyed sharing infromation with all of you. Good luck to you all in the future.

Joan Wolfe
joanbwolfe@gmail.com

Oggy 06-24-2010 02:43 PM

i am deeply sorry for you and your family, you are all in our prayers.

thank you for coming on here, at what must be a difficult time, and sharing a few words with us

john and family

lowslowTJ 06-24-2010 03:15 PM

Joan,

So sorry for your loss! The internet is an amazing place that allows us to interact with people who we otherwise may never know. Matt is someone who many of us interacted with on a regular basis. Matt was also a contributor to our lives, and our hobby and is thus somehow part of our extended family. Many of us here will also miss him. I doubt we can understand how hard this is for you and the rest of his loved ones, but please know that we learned from him and with him and we cherished what interaction we did have with him.

Please let us know if there is anything we can do to help during this very very difficult time.

BADMUTHATrUCKER 06-24-2010 04:02 PM

Joan, as you might of read, your son made a very large impression on the scale 4x4 scene in the time he had with us.

All of us here wish to convey our deepest sympathies to you and the rest of your family and hope you all can find peace following such a tragic event.

Thank you for relaying this message.

sk8te-penguin 06-24-2010 04:05 PM

I realise this will be said several times and it might seem repetative, I'd love to re-word it but I don't know how.

Sorry for your loss Joan, he really was an inspiration with his builds to me and I'm sure many more members here, on what feels more like a family, than a forum.

He will be dearly missed :(

The Stray Cat 06-24-2010 04:10 PM

Hello Ms. Wolfe,

THank you for taking the time and telling all of us one of Matt's last request. You and your family ar in my thoughts and prayers. He was an inspirational builder and all aroung good guy. I am very sorry for your loss.

Take care.

Ed Kozak and family

Old Busted Hotness 06-24-2010 04:18 PM

Thank you for coming on to post this, Joan. Matt left us so suddenly, and it's nice to hear a goodbye. He was a good guy, and one of our most talented members here. We'll all miss him.

Our thoughts and prayers are with you in this difficult time.

talon 06-24-2010 06:29 PM

Mrs. Wolfe,

Matt was not only a great builder, but, to many of us, including myself, he was considered a great friend. No, i never met him personally, but dealt with him many times in various trades or sales or purchases, as well as spoke with him both on the forums as well as in chat outside. He will be greatly missed by us all. Thank you for taking the time to share with us, especially right now when it has to be such a hard thing to do.

if there is ANYTHING at all, that can be done to help, please contact me, and i will do whatever i can to assist you. Matt was a friend, and one who would have made the same offer to any of us.

talon_90_rsi@yahoo.com

vwmicrosizer 06-24-2010 07:47 PM

I am very sorry about your son. ive talked to matt on this forum, he was a rery nice and helpful guy.

Thorsteenster 06-24-2010 08:05 PM

As a community here, we all share the grief of you and your family. We offer our warmest, heart felt sympathies, and I'm sure I speak for all of us in saying if there is anything we can do, don't hesitate to ask.
Thoughts and prayers go out to you.

Tamiya Cowboy 06-24-2010 08:42 PM

There is nothing I can say that many great guys have not already said before me about you great son Matt Joan..He was a great guy I liked speaking with him and hearing his Ideas on what he was doing or what he could do to help me with a build I was building. I never met your son in person but had spoken with him on the phone many times he was a great friend and a great guy..

God Bless your family Joan..

Paul W.

chevycrawlerSD 06-24-2010 10:50 PM

Well said everyone, anything we can do to help, we will, thanks for raising such talented and well manored young man, we will miss him!!

Derek B. and Family!

rc_dirtslinger 06-25-2010 01:11 AM

Joan thank you so much for coming on and letting us know that Matt cared. As a Father of three myself I could not even Imagine the pain you and your family are going through. My heart and prayers go out to all of you. About 6 months ago I painted a few of Matt's grills for him and as he came to me out of the blue and didn't even know me and said he wanted to send them to me and have me paint them for his chevy and ford truck builds. I Was so honored to even be a part of his great and talented builds that I said yes with no thought otherwise. Since then I came to ask Matt questions and he always replied back to me with an answer even if he had to take the time out of his life to search for it. His death as already impacted me as I find myself missing him and his replies back to me and the last message I sent that I never got a reply from. I want to thank you so much for growing up such a nice and talented young man. I am so sorry that Matt has been taken from you and your family. If their is anything that me and my family or any of the scale4x4rc crew can do just let us know.

delux 06-25-2010 01:27 AM

I've not been one to post on this board much at all but Matt has been an inspiration to many modellers on here. He will be sadly missed by many of us. Mine and many others hearts go out to you and your family.

chiefsquattingmonkey 06-25-2010 08:08 AM

joan, i really dont know what to say. im in tears reading this. i never met matt in person but had quite a few dealings with him through p.m.'s and was truely impressed by his kindness and willingness to help. he was a great person and all my best wishes go out to you and your family. he will be GREATLY missed many. he really did set a great example of this hobby and was one of the nicest people i had ever met. i personaly was devistated to hear this and cant even imagine what you must feel. i hope that all works out well for you and your family and friends. my best wishes,
Daniel