Scale 4x4 R/C Forums

Scale 4x4 R/C Forums (http://www.scale4x4rc.org/forums/index.php)
-   Agricultural and Industrial Equipment (http://www.scale4x4rc.org/forums/forumdisplay.php?f=110)
-   -   Lil' Giants Constr. Co. (http://www.scale4x4rc.org/forums/showthread.php?t=25724)

ddc333 06-02-2009 04:56 AM

HI Joe

Good to see you've got all your farm work under control and are able to find time to get back in the basement !!

Frost in June ???? how unusual is that :confused::confused:

AS for the weather on the east coast of OZ slightly north of where i live has had 3 100 year flood events in the last 8 months!! where I am is pretty wet not as bad as some and as of yet not even cold though long term does not sound great late winter even later spring :(

Look forward to seeing what you get up to in the summer

Daniel

by the way did you get my e mail with the roadtrain video link ??

mullow 06-02-2009 05:56 AM

[quote=protrker;472389]Cheers Mullow from western Canada. How's the weather on your side of the globe... they're talking frost here tonite ---> in June no less!

were nice and "hot" and kinda wet well our last rain was only 1mm.
seeding is going great almost 1/2 way ^_^

d.k.v 06-04-2009 02:07 AM

can you put up some picks of your king hauler please

thanks
matt

Lil Giants 06-05-2009 09:53 PM

It was sleeting this morning, melting as soon as it hit the ground, but they're talking about 5cm overnite... this is June Kriest sakes!!! :thinking: ...but good to see the moisture, the crops were beginning to stress a bit.

madfish: yes, quite a bit of wobble between the boom/stick & stick/bucket. This hoe is eight yrs old & has moved alot of dirt.

Freddy: how many yds? Don't know! ...maybe 30, maybe 50. :thinking:

Scott: I'm just about half done the south wall, then there's a foot or a bit more to take from the floor. I've been eyeballing digging out from under my west porch, the plumbing to the washer/dryer and the bathroom is under there. 1st thing I'll need to do is dig a really deep hole, pour a pile & then put in screw jack to support the cement foundation... maybe later this winter start on that.

Daniel: email? what email?

dkv: which king hauler?

Thanx for comments & compliments everyone. :cool:

The_Stuff 06-06-2009 11:14 AM

bout half done? well thats good then! means you still have plenty of play time left!!

I heard yesterday that cypris hills area got snow.. dunno how much. Also that northern sask got dumped on to. And well with today being only +6 out and supposed to rain later, i wouldnt doubt its coming...

still gotta make it out there one of these days... one of these days... but i need to lock that rear diff still. the one dually spinning out is annoying on sand!!

d.k.v 06-13-2009 05:19 AM

the green one with the dump bed on it with the matching trailer

Lil Giants 06-18-2009 11:19 PM

dkv - pictures of the KH & pup on page five & some others on the Garden thread. I don't use the pup in the basement at all b/c the tongue/hitch is too low & it would high center constantly.

Here's a couple new vids I shot Sunday.

The_Stuff 06-19-2009 09:21 AM

hehe, i saw that pop up on youtube and watched them already!

btw, i got the diff locked and got the wheels weighted ^_^

hugybear 06-26-2009 08:47 PM

nice videos

Lil Giants 06-27-2009 11:08 PM

I can't believe it happened again already?! Another busted spider cross on the middle axle (same trk)... I looked back to pg 3 to see that this one only lasted 6 months & I hardly drove the trk for 3 months while busy with Spring work. :crazy:

I think I've used the lock up mechanism maybe twice in this time.

hugybear 06-28-2009 12:27 AM

glad to see your back :D

The_Stuff 06-28-2009 02:27 AM

hmm. i locked mine by just moving a spider gear over. seems okay.

Enginerd 06-28-2009 07:28 AM

I thought the spider gears were pretty well trapped. - Too much clearance - do we need to shim them? Not comon to have the cross break - the gear takes all the abuse. Or is it different with those lockers?

Any thoughts?

FreddyGearDrive 06-28-2009 08:08 AM

Hey Joe, Your not by any chance hauling over recommended gvw:D Looks Like you really load that truck heavy & pull some steep grades,Might have to come up with stronger axles. the only problem is there so narrow.I think PMD now has rims to put tamiya wheels on Wedico diffs. Isn't the Wedico steel diff suppost to be real strong? Also can lock & unlock w/servo. or maybe lever on outside of case,Not sure.Might be worth looking into.
What are you running for motor?what ever It is I must have one!
Good luck on diff quest!

Lil Giants 06-28-2009 10:37 AM

Yeah, I'm back... back to breaking stuff Todd! :crazy:

The crown side of the diff case is modded a bit, but the rest is Tamiya stock Chris.

The wdc diffs are quite narrow Freddy, and the mod parts from PMD are for the trl axles. Besides, I was told the "all metal" wdc trans was bulletproof, but I blew up one them in my 740. I don't hold out much hope that their axles are any stronger than Tamiya.

I use dual 12v Buhler motors with the wdc dual motor combiner to power all my trks (I'd show a pic, but photobucket isn't currently working for me)... I suppose the avg gvw for this trk/bd trl is 45lbs going up 12 degree slopes to the crusher. I guess I'm gonna have to get a box full of crosses & short dogshafts from RCJoe. ;)