It has been suggest we have a hotrod build off, and I think it is high time it happened.
Rules will be fairly open, as hot rodding and car customisation is all about, creativity and expression.
- Every entrant needs a build thread, with Hotrod Build-off in it's title.
- One one rod per member can be submitted for judging.
- Entry must be styled on either a Hot Rod or a Street Machine that you would see on the roads in the 50's and 60's - Think American Graffiti. Fenderless Deuces and Shoebox Chevys.
- Must show some mill. Models must have a dummy engine, or parts there of. If you want to run a closed hood, the hood must be removable to reveal some detail. This is the comfort zone shaker
- Must be radio controlled and driveable. Reason being:
- At the end of your build, please post a video of your rod doing a scale 1/4 mile run. Even if all you have to record it is a cruddy cell phone camera, that will do. Let us know what your e.t. is. There will be no judging on speed, but you can brag. A 1/4 mile in 1/10th is 132' (44 metres).
- Judging will be decided by public poll, that will be open for 2 weeks post the end date of the build off..
- Please post your build URL below and I will collate them. If you don't link your build thread, you're not entered no matter what you put in the title.
I am allowing a generous build time for this, as life gets in the way of toy cars.
So starting from now, the build off will close in the last week of October
. The entrant's final photos will be assembled here under a poll as per usual.
Get the lead out and get building
Oh, the prize... it's the smugness of knowing you won
The nut of Capri:
The Scottish chainsaw massacre
Tommy the cat