Go Back   Scale 4x4 R/C Forums > R/C Manufacturers/Venders/Retailers > Rogue Element Components
Make payments with PayPal - it's fast, free and secure!

Rogue Element Components Fine Custom and Limited-Edition Machine Work

Old 01-02-2011, 10:50 AM
I WILL Hijack & De-Rail your thread into uselessness!

Member Number: 128
B/S/T Feedback: (6)
Default Blackfoot bed kits & GIVEAWAY!

So! It's been a while since I've had a new item, been lazy/busy/etc. Here is the newest item, be sure to post for a chance to win one! Winner picked by Random Number Generator on the 7th. Good Luck! Chris

First off, THANKS SO MUCH to all of you who supported my little start-up this past year! I had a vision of something unique, and you've all made me feel like it might actually work out: All the positivity coming from you all is very much appreciated, and I will continue doing my very best for you! Also, the hubs have shipped, so when the PO recovers from its Holiday blitzkrieg you'll see them soon if you haven't already.

I wanted to start the new year with something special, and I've been asked about these a bunch- FINALLY, a bed kit for the Blackfoot! Always a personal fave, it needed a kit that went beyond just being a drop bed. So, this beastie has it ALL- The kind of detail only previously available to Master Modelers (& guys with big checkbooks.) After I built this one for the pics, I must admit I've rarely been so pleased with how a project came out: These are stunning, plain & simple. I believe these will fit any 'Stepside' BF body, but as I only have an original and a Ranger, double-check to be sure.

The original 1:1 truck had a wooden bed, so I got to thinking about a sweet way to do a show/utility type that was easy for the average Joe to cobble together. The kit has the pre-cut Styrene, 1/32" Aircraft-grade Birch plywood, and Stainless pins for the bolt heads, including the factory fender-mount bolts. It can be made plainly for an everyday rig, or stained/clearcoated for that 'Show Truck' look! (I stained mine and squirted some gloss Polyurethane for the pics.) New rear body mount is fairly easy to rig up, and is explained in the tips: And slightly more advanced chaps will find it a simple matter to figure out how to hinge their tailgate.

A lot of guys are hesitant to build something like this, and I understand: My kits have gotten fantastic feedback for ease of assembly, and if you have a little patience, yours will come out as nice as mine. I build one up & fix any hassles before they get cut, to assure you of the easiest build possible, so if you think you can't do it, not to worry!

Like our other bed kits, these are .1 (2.5 mm.) solid Styrene, machined just like metal for the kind of precision and detail that CNC is so great for. Thicker than your kit body, these are STIFF units when done so your truck does not turn into a Spaghetti Wagon. All ends & edges are square and have mating grooves so the parts go together easily & properly the 1st time! The fender wells are multi-piece, and you assemble them square & sand/file the curves on: This can be difficult to get right, so a Radius Gauge is included to show you your exact profile. This simple piece makes it Super-Easy to do, and is the only thing that will require a little time. All you need is glue, a file, and sandpaper- no special tricks or previous plastic or wood experience needed! Full instructions & tip sheet are included.

One parting thought: I get SO many Emails wanting more parts AFTER the run is made, and I tell them I may do some more in the future, which is true. But, in my history, I've made a few dozen parts & only repeated TWO, so you might think about future projects, trade goods for later, Ebay, etc. when deciding how many to order......

Kits will be $47.95 shipped in US, please add $6.99 for Int'l.: This covers your whole order no matter how many kits. (except Italy, Turkey, and Spain- Email or PM for details.)

('Parts' pic shows an example of a generic kit and may not be the same as the kit you order. Blackfoot body not included.)

Remember, these, like all of our offerings, are ONLY available for a SHORT TIME to deposit paying customers! We are a specialty manufacturer for discerning individuals, not a hobby shop, and so do not maintain an inventory. Please submit your deposit of $5 PER ITEM by the 11th of January (About 10 days): The next day I start cutting, so if you're not on the list, well...

You will be notified of your balance due via Paypal Money Request before the Estimated Shipping Date. Simple, No?

Feel free to contact me with any questions, E-mail is probably best.

Many Thanks!
Chris Cazan
Rogue Element Components

Deposit Due/Order Cutoff date: January 11, 2011

Estimated Shipping Date: January 25, 2011
Attached Images

Old 01-02-2011, 10:58 AM
Mr. Tire Guy

Member Number: 3012
B/S/T Feedback: (2)

Amazing work! IN!
Old 01-02-2011, 11:27 AM
Old Time'r

Member Number: 5394
B/S/T Feedback: (0)

DAMN!! That takes your bed kits to a whole new level, outstanding work!! Count me in for a chance, thanks.
Old 01-02-2011, 11:33 AM
Bucket List 1) Get a Truck on American TV. Completed

Member Number: 2380
B/S/T Feedback: (18)

Lovely Looking Bed.
I'm In
Old 01-02-2011, 11:59 AM
I ain't not a dorkus

Member Number: 8206
B/S/T Feedback: (31)

That's pretty rad looking. I'm in
Old 01-02-2011, 12:33 PM
Scale RC Addict

Member Number: 11833

I'll play. Great looking bed.
Thanks for the chance.
Old 01-02-2011, 12:45 PM
This green truck is not mine

Member Number: 4148
B/S/T Feedback: (26)

Awesome as always. I am in.
Old 01-02-2011, 01:09 PM
Scale rules

Member Number: 2732

Nice Job IN
Old 01-02-2011, 01:48 PM
Do you ever leave the board?

Member Number: 2443
B/S/T Feedback: (11)

Awesome detailing....count me in.
Old 01-02-2011, 02:35 PM
Banned

Member Number: 3176
B/S/T Feedback: (27)

excellent work!! I'm in definitely, need a bed for my blackfoot cab anyways, may as well do it right!!

thanks chris!
Old 01-02-2011, 02:36 PM
Backyard Boggers Truck Club President

Member Number: 1910
B/S/T Feedback: (38)

I'm in, they look awesome!!
Old 01-02-2011, 02:55 PM
the talkative lurker

Member Number: 3405
B/S/T Feedback: (7)

another great product from REC
Old 01-02-2011, 03:07 PM
Drive it like you know how to Fix it

Member Number: 10605

apsolutely beautiful, you can count me in too, thank you
Old 01-02-2011, 03:15 PM
are you economically viable????

Member Number: 2335
B/S/T Feedback: (18)

im in man,thanks for the chance
BROKE MOFO MEMBER #1
Old 01-02-2011, 06:25 PM
Wasting Time'r

Member Number: 9435

I have an old BlackFoot that I could use that on. Sweet work. Definitely IN.....