Go Back   Scale 4x4 R/C Forums > Scale 4x4 R/C Trux! > Scale 1.9's
Make payments with PayPal - it's fast, free and secure!

Scale 1.9's Scale trucks that use 1.9" tires. Discuss your XC and similar type trucks.

Old 02-14-2012, 07:53 AM

Member Number: 16944
B/S/T Feedback: (0)
Default my trail finder build :D

well as i said i was going to put photos up of it and well sorry for not taking any when i was putting everything together :/ all i need now is the rest of the electronics to come mainly the bec, motor and esc, then i need a body, " wish it would get back in stock !! " so now i need help haha ok my servo for my trany i need some help with it, i can never get it to do what i want, when it is in the middle everything is fine but when i got to engage, the trany is limiting it and the servo cant go to its limit and it just hums and from what i know if i keep it like that its going to burn out and same thing happens when i do it the other way round that when the switch is on its fine but when its off it hums and is limited, is there any way you guys can help me ? like a limit setting on my rc 4wd transmitter (yes i know i shouldn't of got it but i was really tight on cash )

oh btw sorry bout the pics being so big :/
Attached Images

Old 02-14-2012, 11:33 PM
POWERHOUSE OFFROAD

Member Number: 10058
B/S/T Feedback: (3)

Try posting up in help wanted...someone there might have some answers.
Old 02-15-2012, 01:44 AM
Cat$h!tOne

Member Number: 7257
B/S/T Feedback: (60)
Cool

Well RC4WD makes a servo throw adjuster that plugs in-line between the servo and Rx. This is the eisiest solution.

The other is to try and move the link mount on the servo horn as close to the screw head. There is less movement(throw) here then out by the end of the horn. I used a plastic horn with several small holes and kept moving it in until the throw was close enough to engage the gears without slipping the shift or straining the servo. Look at the pics and you'll see i'm bout in the middle of the horn.
Attached Images

Old 02-15-2012, 07:09 AM

Member Number: 16944
B/S/T Feedback: (0)

haha well i got the motor and everything now i just need a body, put its problem after problem now its so jerky when it drives its like the mesh has been set up really bad in the axles
Old 02-15-2012, 11:30 PM
Cat$h!tOne

Member Number: 7257
B/S/T Feedback: (60)

Check your driveline angles, they may be too extreme. If you have the tranny sitting in the bottom holes to give max clearance then try the top holes and see what happens. If this is it, then you may want to get the axle wedges to rotate the axles and relieve your angle issue and you can go back to the lower holes.

Then also check the mesh of your motor, the pinion to the spur. It might be too tight.

If problem still exist then you may need to take tranny apart and make sure everything is free moving and not bound up and plenty lubricated.