Go Back   Scale 4x4 R/C Forums > In General > Help wanted!
Make payments with PayPal - it's fast, free and secure!

Help wanted! New to the forum? Start here.

Old 02-27-2012, 06:17 PM

Member Number: 17414
B/S/T Feedback: (0)
Default Dont know which route to go

Hi guys Im new to scale Rc style but not new to rcs, first was when i was 11 my grandpa gave me his blackfoot then got a traxxas bandit and so on and so on. I love the look and style and challenge so Im ready to dive head first, but Im wanting a some what different route, Id like to build a solid axle prerunner like Ivan stewart meets Kings of Hammers with full body with out going axial. My question is should I buy a leaf or linked kit roller and what brands are out there dont get me wrong I like axial but would like to go with something else, also I have a slash with a 4500kw mamba brushless system in my slash that Im willing to take the tranny and motor setup out of to build my own from scratch but would like to get some thread links if you guys have done your own build. Any advice or help will be very much appreciated, Thank you.
Old 02-28-2012, 03:04 AM
Do you ever leave the board?

Member Number: 6773
B/S/T Feedback: (7)

check out rc4wd.com they have heaps of different chassis/axle setups, mostly bulletproof, they also have a KOH kit that they released recently, if you want to use insane power i would recommed a linked chassis, the only other brands i would recommend for durability are tamiya or axial
Old 02-28-2012, 08:11 AM
Everybody Needs Rock N Roll

Member Number: 4514
B/S/T Feedback: (45)

Quote:
Originally Posted by wheelyking4x4x4 View Post
check out rc4wd.com they have heaps of different chassis/axle setups, mostly bulletproof, they also have a KOH kit that they released recently, if you want to use insane power i would recommed a linked chassis, the only other brands i would recommend for durability are tamiya or axial
Yep WK4x4x4 pretty much summed up your options. Axial, which you said you really don't want is a good performer out of the box, tamiya has some nice set-ups as well, but RC4WD has many different setups that would good platforms to start with.
Old 02-28-2012, 03:00 PM

Member Number: 17414
B/S/T Feedback: (0)

ya i think im goin to go leafs out back and a coil setup up front, with a trailfinder chassis