Go Back   Scale 4x4 R/C Forums > Other R/C and Misc > R/C's for the Sky
Make payments with PayPal - it's fast, free and secure!

R/C's for the Sky Planes, Heli's, blimps, if it flies put it here!

Old 08-19-2011, 12:18 PM
Posts all the Time'r

Member Number: 13092
B/S/T Feedback: (0)
Default whats heli to start with

Ok I want to start flying. I heard the cx2 is but don't know.
Old 08-19-2011, 03:51 PM
I'm not ignoring you. Your comment is awaiting moderation

Member Number: 8868

if you want to start with a coxial heli should be OK

the only then is needs to be a calm day outside these little heli can't handle to much

maybe if don't want to do the coxial and just a little more can do the Blade SR for right at 200
Old 08-19-2011, 04:49 PM
Hiluxian of note

Member Number: 2184

If you just want to mess about a bit, buy the coaxial. If you are SERIOUS about flying heli's I would suggest to go larger and join a club, and get someone to teach you.
I have tried with the little heli's for over 3 years, and I got nowhere. Bought myself a big heli( T-Rex 500 electric) and I was flying circuits by the middle of the season!! The bigger ones are a lot more stable and you don't have to worry about small breezes blowing your heli about.

So, IF you are going to get yourself a proper heli(!!) get any of the T-rex range, they are very reasonable for their size, and spares are SUPER cheap!! So you don't break the bank when you break your heli.

DEFINATELY get yourself a good simulator, they are worth their weight in gold, and practice practice practice. It doesn't happen overnight. Took me two weeks on my small heli just to hover a whole battery pack out without crashing!!

If you have any questions, just give me a pm, I'll be glad to help!!
Old 08-20-2011, 06:09 AM
FlatBrokeCustomz

Member Number: 2317
B/S/T Feedback: (10)

The cx2 stock setup isn't an outside heli
Once you learn to fly it stock here's what you do
Move the linkage rods to the outside holes on the bellcranks,it goes alot fast and can fly in 2-3 mph wind.it will fly at 10mph you will have to recenter everything and re trim it.
Beware though if you stop fast the blades hit and break
There is an extended shaft that corrects this

I highly recommend the cx2,it's the most stable starter heli out there and it's tough
Old 08-20-2011, 08:58 AM
I'm not ignoring you. Your comment is awaiting moderation

Member Number: 8868

T-rex is OK but there are alot of out there that simalar at cheaper price like Compass like 1/2 the price and parts are interchangable
Old 09-04-2011, 03:31 AM
I have no special talent. I am only passionately curious.

Member Number: 12649

Coaxial or contra-rotary heli's tend to be more stable for learning, I learnt on a Hirobo Llama in my LHS a few years back and was holding a steady hover in half an hour

There is loads of choice so If you can "have a go" somewhere, get advice, gauge how serious you are about flying, then decide what to go for, that would be a good starting point.

For indoor fun (and to fly to my Scalextric track ) I just got myself a Bravo SX sub micro which, for the money, flys and looks really good.
Old 04-10-2012, 08:42 AM
Wasting Time'r

Member Number: 9655
B/S/T Feedback: (1)

just picked up a Novus (Heli-Max) FP((fixed pitch)-single rotor- 200, I must mention I have never flown a R/C heli. I have flown helo's in games so stick controll wasnt a issue. Saying this I have yet to "crash" i have had some rough landings but no breakage.After 5 days with it I am now up to doing slow (supplied radio has a 1/2 dup mod) manuvers. I have flown in in the house and outside in gusty winds and found it real stable(remeber i have limited knowlege). Overall I am pleased of my choice for a first bird and am looking at a 400 sized CP for my next step.
Old 04-10-2012, 12:49 PM
Wasting Time'r

Member Number: 3749
B/S/T Feedback: (2)

I may not be the best able to answer this as most of my experience has been with AirHogs helis in my house, but I've always wanted something with more control and after doing a lot of reading I picked up a Blade Mqx quadcopter about 3 weeks ago. This thing is a blast to fly and is very stable. It's also practically indestructible. I had it out on Sunday and was playing in the wind and it got away from me in a big gust. It literally cleared my neighbor's house by at least 50 feet. I just shut the props down and found it half a block away and flew it back home. They are 139 for the BNF and 169 for RTF. It comes set to fly in X config, but for the first couple of weeks I set it to fly in the "+" config and it was much easier to control. It's a great little copter for the money and the parts are dirt cheap. The only thing I've had to replace so far is one rotor that snapped. Even the board (esc, gyro, etc) is only 40 bucks to replace if you kill it. It's taken a lot of the pain out learning to fly nose in and doing circuits. Whether that will translate to a FP or CP heli I don't know, but man it's fun.

Jake
Old 10-02-2012, 02:50 AM

Member Number: 18680

i recommend you should start with any co-axial elicotteri rc llike Apache AH-64,these models are best for beginners because main rotor blades are made of top quality plastic that doesn't break easily and is very flexible. The body of the Apache is made from the same grade plastic and incorporates carbon fiber components,so their is no danger of any type of breakage.