Go Back   Scale 4x4 R/C Forums > Scale 4x4 R/C Trux! > Agricultural and Industrial Equipment
Make payments with PayPal - it's fast, free and secure!

Agricultural and Industrial Equipment A place for your agricultural, industrial, and other heavy equipment builds!

Old 03-30-2012, 03:59 AM
It can all be R/C...

Member Number: 10401
B/S/T Feedback: (0)

love it.....hope you're wearing a face mask with all that dust...
Old 04-02-2012, 02:01 AM
JOE

Member Number: 1683

Not too much for dust these days dozzable with using water to soften the wall.. if it should ever get too dusty though, I turn on the fan.

Thank you for compliments gentlemen.

I got a sweet accessory for my JD850 from Kalle (Azonic), something he designed & had some one cnc for him. It's available through him.

Old 04-02-2012, 12:16 PM
Builder of low end high budget vehicles...

Member Number: 4701
B/S/T Feedback: (30)

The coupler is just awesome! Spent an hour watching vids last night catching up - all I can say is keep them coming!
Old 04-03-2012, 08:52 PM
taco!

Member Number: 17181

i love this thread! its just amazing!!!!
Old 04-04-2012, 02:25 AM
It can all be R/C...

Nice work....love the tool....and we get to see the grand master as well....'We're not worthy Sensei!' 'we have much to learn!'
“The Optimist sees the glass half full; the Pessimist sees the glass half empty. The Engineer sees the glass as ‘Twice as bloody big as it should’ave been in first place!!’…” Dorian Hindmarsh BEng Phd
Old 04-04-2012, 09:30 PM
Old Time'r

Member Number: 5394

Is that a GoPro on the excavator giving the FPV shots? If it is, it really puts the size of that equipment into perspective.
Old 04-07-2012, 09:38 PM
JOE

Yes it is a GoPro on the 850.. the GoPro is a pretty tiny camera to begin with, half the size of the Cannon that I have been using.

Thank you again my fellow hobbyists for the kind compliments, always appreciated!

Yesterday I made side cutters for my narrow bucket to help carve a closer edge to the wall..

My side cutters are sorta working to trim the side of the wall, but would have worked better as I was digging the base, I have more hyd power than swing & the hoe isn't heavy enough to take side loads causing it to slide sideways.

Per the idea of my good friend Travis (fhhhstx), I'll try side cutters made from 1/8" flat bar on my stock bucket for cutting side walls better too.

I put the KH dump on the work bench today after a shooting a movie with the GoPro on it, the steering was becoming more erractic than ever & that Polk radio is super glitchy too. The KH dump trk was the last trk on the Polk system.. those radios are going into the burning barrel!

Much to my surprise after taking apart the KH front end, a whole bunch plastic fell out!

The GWS servo is original to the trk when I built in 1996! Although I didn't really use thr trk until 2006 when I started backfilling the east wall.. but still, broke the top off the servo!!! I put a HiTec 645 in there now.

With the DX6 radio I only have two 2pos switches, so it's 2nd & 3rd only, till my Robot Marketplace order shows up in a couple wks with a DX7 radio.

Ready for work again.

Old 04-08-2012, 10:26 AM
TGX XXL

Member Number: 15545

You use those trucks for what they're worth, so it's not suprising that the King Hauler needed some repairs
It's fun to see footage from the basement again, I haven't checked in on your thread for a long time now
Old 04-18-2012, 09:52 PM
JOE

I've been pushing the limits of this 850 too.. such a heavy model, track drives take a beating!

A month ago I cooked the right track motor.. it sorta continued to work, well enough till another showed up last week & I put it in to get the tracks working smoothly together again..

.. then last night the left track stops!

The output shaft of the gearhead is bent too!!

I sent Frank a mail this morning.. "NEED MORE PARTS!!!"
Old 04-19-2012, 12:54 AM
POWERHOUSE OFFROAD

Member Number: 10058
B/S/T Feedback: (3)

Joe, did you get a new camera? Awefully sharp pics in the last post.
Old 04-29-2012, 11:29 PM
JOE

Same camera Greg! My 7yr old Cannon Powershot 540. I had taken some high resolution pics for the german magazine Rad & Kette.. with these pics the same high resolution & my photobucket account with its preset size of 800x600 to show on forums.. it was by accident that I learn to upload pics this way with such clarity.

I got a bit of Spring planting done in the last week, but got bombed with Spring showers starting Thurs night till today.. now again, a third Spring of excessive wet! It's early yet, but it seems the older I get that weeks seem to past like days.. I hope to get done with Spring planting before the 1st of June for a change.

I found the ambition to tinker with the green GL today & figure out what the clicking was.. this is another 1st!

I think about the miles the white GL has gone over the years & the extreme loads it's pulled?! Blown quite a few differential crossess in that trk, but never a pinion.
Old 04-30-2012, 06:35 AM
Old Time'r

Member Number: 7833
B/S/T Feedback: (1)
Default Excavator

Joe you are really finding the weak spots in the drive. Did it break because of the weight or did the tracks get bound up like mine did at the York show? It took quit a bit of torque to bend the motor shaft. Ed
Old 04-30-2012, 01:27 PM
JOE

I got a small rock wedged into the top - rear of the front idler.. I set the track tension quite tight to keep from skipping a track when turning, the tracks snap/crackle alot gummed up with clay, the other track motor partially disabled...

1 + 1 + 1 = shyt happens!
Old 04-30-2012, 11:15 PM
JOE

So tonite's "fix it" was a new esc for the loader, the ol MTronics Viper Marine, the reverse went out of it.. Reverse never did work right with that esc, it was like it had to warm up before it would run smoothly, always worked fine in forward though.

I had a bunch of the Banebot 9amp esc's that worked great for adding to the Leimbach hyd pump motors, but now Robotmarketplace is out of stock on them with no eta.

So I had this Novak Rooster sitting around.. it says on the box 6-7cell.. how long will it last on 10cells?

Old 05-01-2012, 01:06 AM
It can all be R/C...

Looking like you need a shop-hand mechanic to help out there Joe.
I think you'll have to move away from nylon and plastic bits and got for brass or steel. might last longer with the torques involved?
keep up the good work
D
“The Optimist sees the glass half full; the Pessimist sees the glass half empty. The Engineer sees the glass as ‘Twice as bloody big as it should’ave been in first place!!’…” Dorian Hindmarsh BEng Phd