Go Back   Scale 4x4 R/C Forums > Scale 4x4 R/C Trux! > Agricultural and Industrial Equipment
Make payments with PayPal - it's fast, free and secure!

Agricultural and Industrial Equipment A place for your agricultural, industrial, and other heavy equipment builds!

Old 11-21-2010, 01:23 PM

Member Number: 3519
B/S/T Feedback: (0)

Are you using multiple radios or just one?

If you are using just one, how are you able to switch vehicles without walking over to them?
Sponsored Links

The sponsored ad above is only displayed to guests. Creat an account today to remove this ad!
Old 11-25-2010, 11:39 PM
JOE

Member Number: 1683

No, not done down there yet Badboy, though had I continued working at it the past two yrs like I had for the first three years, I probably would be by now. It's the perfect weather friendly playground that I hope to make last for several yrs yet.

Sure I remember you Toni and congrats on the sponsorship ! It'll be a great honor/advertisement for you to showoff your extradinary skills in machining to many others unfamiliar with these forums.... which could bring even more newcomers to this great past time.

I use multiple radios Longhair, but several trks are programmed into the same two radios, so when a radio runs out of charge, I grab the other radio, tune it to the frequency of the trk I'm using & continue on. Most of the constr models are using the Robbe F14 radios & the tx batts are easily interchangeable. Just two slider clipps on the bottom edge & the tx case splitts in half for easy access to the tx batt. And the storage area for tx batt is large enough for sub-c cell 9.6v packs which equalls large mAh for much longer run times than the regular AA cell packs that come with other radios.

The trk radios are Polk, been using them for 4 or 5 yrs. Early on they worked great, but lately been having issues with glitch, trk models are still the same as then. I've been thinking of upgrading to 2.4mhz. I seen a yt vid on Robot Marketplace site of how tune Spektrum rx to tx. My qu? is -> can the tuning plug be left in the batt recepticle of rx so I can quickly tune that model to a different radio of same brand name? Or does the "tuner plug" have to be removed once set? ....I would use two 2.4's in the same manner as I have with the Polk's.

Since wrapping harvest a month ago, it's just been alot of the same that I have already posted here... haul the lumps to the crusher, put the processed dirt over the screener, crush the smaller lumps again to make a little finer and haul it all out when the weather & freetime are in sync.

I've been tidying up the last of the loose soil from the sw corner lately (above photos), then I'll be back to digging in the crawl space again.

My winter storage area is currently filling up quickly, as winter weather has been here nearly two wks already and I didn't have the chance beforehand to completely haul everything out... it's been a real bytch of yr for wet weather, moisture nearly every week since April 22, set new records of 26 inches rainfall from April - October. What little the sun has shawn, I was busy with catch-up on the farm... I still have a couple hundred bales to pick, but not going to do it @ -25C!

Ol' whitey was on the bench last wkend, R&R broken and worn parts. I've never broke an inter-axle driveshaft in half before, usually just the pinns disenegrate. And this is the first spring pivot I've worn thru... the front t/a (middle axle) is rarely touching the ground when climbing the grade with a load b/c of axle twist/torque, which I guess is why the left pivot wore out at the top.

On another note, I got a confirmation email from Vario Germany, that my JD850 shipped out Friday, and a phone call Monday from FedEx Calgary that it has arrived & awaiting to clear Customs. FedEx told me Monday I should have it by Wed 5pm... haven't seen it yet, so I call & the puter voice says "still in transit" ... though I wonder, the roads are pretty ugly out there... I hope it hasn't ended up on one of the many trks I see flipped over on the news nearly everyday. Hopefully tomorrow.
Old 11-26-2010, 08:10 AM
life's a trip ,enjoy it

Member Number: 10803
B/S/T Feedback: (1)

Hi Joe , congrats on the excavator , looking fwd to seeing it in the Quarry . like the hoppers for loading the trucks . As for the tuning plug (binding plug is what I'm thinking ) the manual states that you should remove it or the rx goes back to factory settings ( unbound ) .

IHSteve
Old 11-27-2010, 07:33 AM
JOE

Thanx for the info Steve. I suppose the solution would be to add a 6 inch servo lead so the binder plug can be access outside the cab.

The 850 arrived late yesterday afternoon and boy oh boy was the box beat up & in tathers! Is FedEx normally that wreckless?!

I got some damage on the boom & stick... I wonder what this material is that's formed around the steel framework & how am I going to repair it? That's about all I see for damage so far. It was a bunch of small boxes within one big box and the undercarriage box was in bad shape too! I guess I'll have to assemble it 1st to see if there isn't any distortion.

It really pizzes me off how much I get hammered for shipping and my goods arrive to me like this!

Took me a few hrs to clear my workbench, been a long time since I've seen this much space!

Here's the other workbench and no, I didn't move anything more than a couple of screw jars over from the "cleaned" bench. I need more shelves!!!

On the left is kit stock Stahl bucket, middle is the one I make that's 50% larger and right is the 850's bucket I think the Mammoth will see alot more work than it has in several yrs.

This is just a few pieces of the undercarriage, it "feels" heavier than my entire Stahl excav.

Hmmm... where to start?

Old 11-27-2010, 09:25 AM
Old Time'r

Member Number: 7833
B/S/T Feedback: (1)

Joe you should put a claim in with FedEx as soon as possible actually you should have opened the box while the person that delivered it was there. Take pictures of the damage that is a special compost material I have Franks email address if you want it and if you want to call Vario just ask to talk to Frank would be the best thing to get it from the horses mouth about the material. Now I am really glad I had them build mine it came in that big wooden box. Ed
Old 11-27-2010, 10:38 AM
Old Time'r

Member Number: 11889

That Driver Should Get Fired!!! Wow That Is Huge!!!
Old 01-18-2011, 12:07 AM
JOE

Having this thread sure is handy for a Record of Repairs.

July 09 was the last time I broke this driveshaft... sure is good to have 6wd in this trk, I was loaded half way up to the crusher when it was the front axle pulling the trk/trl ----> NO RUN AWAY CRASH!!!!

During my search for the last new driveshaft I stumbled across when the Stahl adt went into service, Feb, 10... didn't quite make it a yr before coming back to the workbench for repairs, but it sure lasted a phuck of alot longer than that piece of shyt JUNK wedico 740!

Something wrong with the drive motor on the front, left side... I think it may have burnt out. The hyd pump has been leaking a little bit since new & dripping oil atop this motor. Leimbach's pump doesn't have a seal on the drive input shaft, relying solely on tight tolerances to keep the oil in. I've had a couple of pumps fail this way over the yrs.

A couple of teaser pics of my new basement bruiser.

Old 01-18-2011, 12:20 AM
Old Time'r

Member Number: 11889
Thumbs up

Nice teaser Pictures Sorry to hear about the Stahl ADT Going out. How long did the WDC 740 make it before its first Repair? What truck did the driveshaft go out on?

Last edited by RCTech9 : 01-18-2011 at 08:00 AM.
Old 01-18-2011, 12:57 AM
JOE

Quote:
Originally Posted by RCTech9 View Post
How long did the WDC 740 make it before its first Repair?
2nd charge of the batt, snapped the eye off one of the dump cyls.

Quote:
What truck did the driveshaft go out on?
White tractor.

Edit your post please so all my pics aren't duplicated, waste of bandwidth.
Old 01-18-2011, 08:38 AM
Your Friendly LHS Employee

Member Number: 6476
B/S/T Feedback: (22)

Been a while since i checked in Joe, that new Hoe is HUGE !!
Cant wait to see some vids of it in action.
Broke MoFo Member #41
Quote:
Originally Posted by igotit View Post
where did those gay smilies come from.....i want them!
Old 01-24-2011, 02:56 AM
JOE

I've been tinkering with the 850 and making good headway till I discovered a missing part for the center pivot, the small steel core that drops down thru the bearings... might have fallen out of the box during shipping, as some boxes did have some tears in them. I also realized that the mechanical quick change for the bucket is an option, not part of the kit... but my 200euro damage credit Vario got me from FedEx will cover that.

Reading Kalle's thread, he's burning thru a 6000mAh Lipo in about 25-30 minutes, quite a power hungry model! I want to be able to power up my model with an outside power source, like a car battery for much longer run times without spending a small fortune on small packs, but the "endless" spin only has two paired terminals for the track motors.

So I ran three paired wires out the front of the bridge (idler wheels side).

Plugged in this way, the tracks run on two different chs & the power comes from within the model. Do it this way when I'm on the move or loading onto a lowboy, ect.

Plugged in this way, both tracks are on the same ch & I connect to outside power source. The paired wires within the model will be disconnected from the dual esc, then plugged into the main switch. When I want to turn, use the arm to lift the front of tracks & activate the swing. Don't move much when digging anyway.

Old 01-24-2011, 03:17 AM
HD Tow King!!

Member Number: 4426
B/S/T Feedback: (5)

NICE!!!!!!!

Greg
Old 01-24-2011, 05:43 AM
JOE

Well, felt like playing mechanic & I dug into the insides of the adt to retrieve the bad motor. Before cutting it loose from the wiring, I check to make sure that it was indeed getting power with a volt meter -> yep, motor is toast!

What a bugger fishing that out! Had to bend the metal cab to make room, likely be a great deal of aggravation getting the holes to line up again. Only a few mm between the two motors, very tight area down there.

Now to find a replacement motor. What it says:

RS-385SH
RD445522
CHINA
Old 01-24-2011, 05:49 AM
JOE

Got a confirmation with tracking# from Vario Germany five minutes ago that the parts are in transit already.
Old 01-24-2011, 06:50 AM
It can all be R/C...

Member Number: 10401

nice work Joe, you must be running double shifts down there!!!
The coating on the arm will probably be some kind of composite polymer like boat or auto industry, suggestion david's P.38 would suffice.