Go Back   Scale 4x4 R/C Forums > Scale 4x4 R/C Trux! > Agricultural and Industrial Equipment
Make payments with PayPal - it's fast, free and secure!

Agricultural and Industrial Equipment A place for your agricultural, industrial, and other heavy equipment builds!

Old 05-27-2011, 11:40 PM
JOE

Member Number: 1683
B/S/T Feedback: (0)

Thanx again Martin & Greg for the links. Lars came through about a month ago with some replacement motors for the adt, now I just gotta find the ambition to tear into again to make the switch.

venom one - spare box.

edwalsh - I need to change the hitch from a drawbar pull to a gooseneck so I can pull it with my 6wd GL... don't have a job for the pan right now anyway.

I thought about building a belly dump similar to that, but using my Mammoth to pull it. I need a really big dump trk to pair up with my 850... all my other dt's will only take two or three scoops to fill 'em.

Thank you for your interest & nice comments everyone.

I recruited one of Freddygeardrive's trks for the quarry job. It has a RC4WD R2 trans & a brushless motor/esc combo that I also believe comes thru RC4WD, very reasonable speed & great control. The trk in the vid is putting around in 1st gear. I'm also using a Spektrum tx, oh so nice to have no more GLITCH!

Sponsored Links

The sponsored ad above is only displayed to guests. Creat an account today to remove this ad!
Old 05-30-2011, 02:24 AM
JOE

Making great use of my newly aquired Spektrum radio system, I added a Spektrum rx to my adt & took advantage of the "two mixes" feature of the tx to combine the hydraulic pump with the two hyd valve controls of the steering & dump.

Very simple to calibrate, got it on the 1st try without even reading the instruction manual.

This little trick should increase batt run maybe as much two fold or more.

Old 05-30-2011, 05:32 AM
Old Time'r

Member Number: 7833
B/S/T Feedback: (1)

That is working real sweet Joe it will save your battery when you are at rest. Ed
Old 06-01-2011, 02:09 PM
JOE

More importantly Ed it will save my amperage when I'm on the move.

Good to have the adt back in service, dump area is getting a little tight for space, now I can just start a new layer.

Old 06-01-2011, 03:16 PM
Old Time'r

Joe I got a hold of Dimension Engineering and they are going to set up 3 battle switches for my loader so that when it isn't steering or raising the bucket or dumping the bucket the pump won't run. Ed
Old 06-01-2011, 03:21 PM
Just trying to keep up.

Member Number: 4430

Great video's Joe I was wandering when we would see the red cab over. I am also glad to here you are happy with the spectrum radio they are by far the easiest I have found to program and the mix seams to work real good in the adt great job.

Travis
Old 06-02-2011, 05:59 PM
Lack of Time'r

Member Number: 10482

Runs like a dream
You do need a dozer to maintain your stockpile, though
I really like the shadows of the excavator working!
Old 06-03-2011, 11:39 PM
JOE

So how are ya gonna make that work Ed, Y harness each battle switch with each valve servo? Sabertooth & radio mix would be simpler, cheaper & take up less space within the model.

Yeah, needed the right radio, as well as the right job to put that red globely to work. I had to change the modified spread drives back to stock b/c the axles didn't have any flex or articulation, slightless little bump & the trk spun out. I weighted the drive tires with bb's & put Shoe Goo in the rear axle. It gets around really good now.

This Spektrum radio is just perfectly awesome in every way Travis! Not one bit of glitch & that adt with a Futaba FM radio was absolutely horrible for glitching, couldn't trust it at all on the ramps & couldn't be more than twenty feet away or it'd go crazy. Now I can stand in my living room with DX6 and operate the adt couple hundred feet away from the house with precise control.

I thought the shadows looked pretty nifty too JensR, happened by accident though, as I forget to move the camera in view.

I'm saving the pile for the 850 to stockpile, shouldn't be too long now to get it operational as I think I have everything to finnish it. See what happens over the wkend.

Thanx for interest & compliments everyone, always appreciated.
Old 06-03-2011, 11:49 PM
JOE

So how are ya gonna make that work Ed, Y harness each battle switch with each valve servo? Sabertooth & radio mix would be simpler, cheaper & take up less space within the model.

Yeah, needed the right radio, as well as the right job to put that red globely to work. I had to change the modified spread drives back to stock b/c the axles didn't have any flex or articulation, slightless little bump & the trk spun out. I weighted the drive tires with bb's & put Shoe Goo in the rear axle. It gets around really good now.

This Spektrum radio is just perfectly awesome in every way Travis! Not one bit of glitch & that adt with a Futaba FM radio was absolutely horrible for glitching, couldn't trust it at all on the ramps & couldn't be more than twenty feet away or it'd go crazy. Now I can stand in my living room with DX6 and operate the adt couple hundred feet away from the house with precise control.

I thought the shadows looked pretty nifty too JensR, happened by accident though, as I forget to move the camera in view.

I'm saving the pile for the 850 to stockpile, shouldn't be too long now to get it operational as I think I have everything to finnish it. See what happens over the wkend.

Thanx for interest & compliments everyone, always appreciated.
Old 06-04-2011, 02:18 AM
HD Tow King!!

Member Number: 4426
B/S/T Feedback: (5)

I was wondering when that thing is going to be running again.
Kick azz videos I love them alot.If you ever need a HD Rotator Tow Truck let me Know I will give you a good price for the tow out.LOL

Greg
Old 06-07-2011, 08:27 PM
JOE

I might be needing one soon Greg, if it don't quit raining soon. I hope you have twin 50's and lots of line?

Moving out lots of dirt in recent wks. This pile inside would be gone if I wasn't adding to it during the rainy days.

And making movies to poke fun at the wdc guys... I never get a reaction out of them... hmmm

Old 06-08-2011, 04:05 AM
Lack of Time'r

Member Number: 5529

wow, very cool you have moved quite a pile there. When I saw there was an update to your thread I was hoping to see the 850 in action :hint:
Quick Q: I read your changing your radios and mentioned you were going to use the DX8 for the 850 but see your using the DX6 for the ADT, is this so you have 2 handsets? or have you changed plans also have you seen the DX10 I understand the price is bitsh%t crazy but the extender modules look interesting for your purposes, they would be wise to cut you a break (discount) so someone can demonstrate the function in a real world application.
Old 06-08-2011, 08:42 AM
Old Time'r

Joe to tell you the truth I do not know how to do it they are setting up the battle switches for me they aren't standard and send me a wiring diagram. They are going to have 0 delay time. If it don't work I will have to come up with something else that all but I'm sure they know what they are doing and talking about. Ed
Old 06-09-2011, 12:51 AM
POWERHOUSE OFFROAD

Member Number: 10058
B/S/T Feedback: (3)

Joe,
Great video...this thing is amazing. I think I'm going to have to dive back into your thread again. Lucky me. Can't wait to see more!
Old 06-18-2011, 01:46 PM
JOE

I should have had the 850 done by now footprint, but I've been distracted with other things & the uncooperative weather is turning my brain to mush, just can't seem to sit at the hobbybench for long & stay focused. Maybe I'll tinker some more today at it, as it's raining again! or maybe not.

I bought the DX8 a month or so before the announcement of the DX10. DX10 looks to be more suited to what I need for an excavator radio, so I'll probably get one soon for the 850. I haven't taken the DX8 out of the box yet.

I didn't fully absorb how these Spektrum radios worked at 1st, change between models without turning anything off... now however, I'd still prefer two handsets for quicker change between two models. And sometimes I do have visitors & they can drive a dump trk or dozer while I'm operating the excavator. Also, with two DX6's, the dozer/loaders would be one tx & the dump trks on the other tx, as the rx's are not easily accessible for "rx binding" without removing bodies.

Cheers Bulldog thank you for your kind words.

Ed, zero delay? Full rpm to zero could have a direct impact of the longevity of your cog belt between pump & motor. Channel mix pump w/valves would be a gentler start/stop. They send you a wiring diagram yet?