Go Back   Scale 4x4 R/C Forums > Scale 4x4 R/C Trux! > Agricultural and Industrial Equipment
Make payments with PayPal - it's fast, free and secure!

Agricultural and Industrial Equipment A place for your agricultural, industrial, and other heavy equipment builds!

Old 06-22-2011, 07:41 AM
Lack of Time'r

Member Number: 5529
B/S/T Feedback: (0)

Thanks for the info, take your time we know its worth the wait.
I was unaware of the DX10 until doing some research myself, looks interesting but pricy. I've been working on a 16ch system for about a year now with mixed results, im down to being able to control 2 models (16ch) but it does need a host computer however am using a std 4ch controller now instead of just the keyboard. Still undecided on the radio spectrum though the 900mhz band is showing some real promise.
The info you post and your requirements have been valuable in designing the software and hardware subsystems. Thank you
Sponsored Links

The sponsored ad above is only displayed to guests. Creat an account today to remove this ad!
Old 06-30-2011, 10:44 PM
TGX XXL

Member Number: 15545
Thumbs up

Now this I loved!
I think I've mentioned it before on rclastebil.no but I'll say it again: Your basement is every boys dream, and the equipment... Oh the equipment...! I keep naming you "The Crazy Canadian", and for me thats a title of honor you've earned to the fullest..!

Fantastic fun to read through the thread! =)

Oh and btw, I can strongly recommend 2,4GHz products. I myself use the Sanwa/Airtronics SD-10G!
No radio interferrence and not a 6 ft antenna to stab people with...

Last edited by XxMKxX : 07-03-2011 at 08:03 AM.
Old 07-03-2011, 03:26 PM
JOE

Member Number: 1683

Cheers footprint glad to hear what I post is of some assistance to you.

Hello Bill, how's your 740 holding together... in the scrap box yet, like mine?

Thank you for the kind comments Bill, much appreciated.

The 850 is near completion... Canada Post strike ended a wk ago, maybe I get my electronic goodies I ordered 5wks ago to finnish this model by next wkend? ...or I steal parts from other models to make it happen next wkend.

Old 07-03-2011, 03:48 PM
Hi my name is Kalle, im a scale addict.

Member Number: 2577

Very nice Joe! Is the cab done as well?

Looking forward to see it in action!
Old 07-03-2011, 07:47 PM
JOE

Nah, I sanded out the mold lines and painted it all black.

I can now see why Ole built his own body for his 1/14th version Hitachi 870, as much area as there is within the engine hood, the molded fiberglass is not quite tall enough to fit properly in place. I'm now thinking I may have to cut open the door in the cab to house the batteries, as there's really only space for one small lipo in the front right corner.

I bought a 4s lipo 5000mah, was going to use a Castle Pro BEC for a preset voltage regulator (13v), but this 4s lipo is too big for the alloted space.
Old 07-03-2011, 07:52 PM
Old Time'r

Member Number: 7833
B/S/T Feedback: (1)

Nice job so far Joe. I know what you mean about that strike I sent my radio up to Dan at Model Control to have a switch 16 added to it, and that was back in January. Well customs added a charge so he sent it back then he went in the hospital with stones and came out only to go back in with stones again and while he was there he had a heart attack. I just got a Email from him and he is finally sending it to me, what a fiasco that was. When I get the radio I can see if any of the metal lines I put on over the stick are leaking. I also tightened the tracks up they were loose hope that helps it to move better. Ed

Last edited by JAMMER : 07-04-2011 at 06:14 AM.
Old 07-04-2011, 08:27 AM
Posts all the Time'r

Member Number: 13092

I luv your mini construction site, I am dedicated to your videos, yup im addicted, just your r/c junky, lol keep them coming, I will be watching
Old 07-04-2011, 10:03 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lil Giants View Post
Nah, I sanded out the mold lines and painted it all black.

I can now see why Ole built his own body for his 1/14th version Hitachi 870, as much area as there is within the engine hood, the molded fiberglass is not quite tall enough to fit properly in place. I'm now thinking I may have to cut open the door in the cab to house the batteries, as there's really only space for one small lipo in the front right corner.

I bought a 4s lipo 5000mah, was going to use a Castle Pro BEC for a preset voltage regulator (13v), but this 4s lipo is too big for the alloted space.
Ok i see.

But is it really so tight on the 870/850? As you know i have the 470 and i still have room for some electronics in there and i have a 6000mah 14.8v battery under the body.

I thought the 870 would be more "roomy" then the 470.
Old 07-04-2011, 11:22 AM
Old Time'r

Member Number: 7833
B/S/T Feedback: (1)

I have room for a 5000 mAh 14.8 lipo on my 450 1/12 scale Deere it just barely makes it but it fits right along the side opposite the cab. I thought both 1/14 scale had the same hood, I could be wrong but they look almost the same. Joe I got the battle switches and you were right I have to use y connectors, it seems there was a miss communication between them and me about what I wanted to do I may just do what you did I don't know yet. Just some more trial and error on my part I'll get it some day. Ed

Last edited by JAMMER : 07-11-2011 at 06:34 PM.
Old 07-11-2011, 04:06 PM
TGX XXL

Member Number: 15545

More pics, Joe!
How big's the battery compared to the free space in the body?
Old 07-13-2011, 12:10 AM
JOE

I have this 14mm re-inforcement rail on both sides inside the body that's making everything a tight fit... I cut some of it on the right & with the holes cut for the engine screen, it's made the body a little flimsy. Might have to cut some away from the left too so the boby sets down better.

It's about 95% complete, had quite a few issues to contend with right after the switch was turned on the 1st time, the last to figure out is the Sabertooth RC 2x12 I have... gotta read through some sections in the DX8 manual to see if it's a radio setting or change out the Sabeertooth for another to see if that's defective. One track motor works correctly, the other one only turns one way & the radio switch has to be all the way to stop the motor, switch centered - the motor will turn slow in that one direction. I'm using two 3pos switches on the tracks. I've never had a defective Sabertooth right out of the box before & this one is #6 or 7.

Old 07-13-2011, 02:13 AM
JOE

Well it appears that the Sabertooth can not be controlled with a 3pos switch. I tried a different 2x12 & it behaves the same way with the 3pos switch.

So I guess for now I can only turn one way & I Guess I'll have to use the boom/swing to turn the other... till I get a different radio with more than five proportional chs... like the DX10.

oh geez look at the time
Old 07-14-2011, 02:07 PM
JOE

Following your lead Kalle, I added 2.5kg to my counterweight. Did you ever add any more to your's?

Finnished up the remaining details last night...

And then it was off to the quarry...

What a humongous, heavy & aukward piece to carry down a narrow & steep stairwell... almost tripped on the 1st step!

I'll post a movie later today.
Old 07-14-2011, 03:15 PM

Nice to finally see it in the basement Joe!

I have added a little more yes, i think i have about 4-4.5kg in the counterweight.

Looking forward to the video!
Old 07-14-2011, 03:31 PM
Wasting Time'r

Member Number: 2022

Nice to see it was nice an clean at least once... Congratulations with your new machine!