Go Back   Scale 4x4 R/C Forums > Scale 4x4 R/C Trux! > Agricultural and Industrial Equipment
Make payments with PayPal - it's fast, free and secure!

Agricultural and Industrial Equipment A place for your agricultural, industrial, and other heavy equipment builds!

Old 01-08-2012, 08:36 AM
"No load too small"

Member Number: 8761
B/S/T Feedback: (2)

That last video with You beside the excavator really shows how big it is, nice video Joe.

The sponsored ad above is only displayed to guests. Creat an account today to remove this ad!
Old 01-08-2012, 03:53 PM
It can all be R/C...

Member Number: 10401
B/S/T Feedback: (0)

As Always Joe a real joy to watch, and you're a lucky man to have the space you do....keep up the great work, and I wish you well in 2012 from little old Norfolk, UK.
Old 01-09-2012, 09:06 PM
JOE

Member Number: 1683

Thanx Dimitri. When are you getting back in the game? Best wishes to 2012 for you too.

I know what you mean Bulldog, I like the character of old homes too. The house I came from in my father's yard (where I was born & lived till eight) was a house similar to what I have now with a dark dirt basement too , it was a Sear's kit home... have you heard of them? I found some arial pics of my yard (top) & a couple of photos of my father's yard two different yrs. The last photo, the yellow flowering crop in late June of '99 is canola.

It's not an undertaking Dragan, it's a great hobby! I live in the sw, about 210 miles from Regina. About the only event for us to attend in province is the Model Engineering Show in Estevan mid October. There's a couple of fellows who live that dabble a bit with rc trucking, but they get side tracked with too many other 1:1 projects that they aren't as serious about as I... still great to hang out with them during the show. Pm if you want to come for a visit.

Cheers Scott, cya in a couple of days.

And thank you too dozzablue. Best wishes fir health & happiness in the coming yrs. My brother & two sisters live in the big city, make a flack of alot more money than I do, live in much nicer, larger, more modern homes but they live like cattle in their tiny little pens (yards)... I love it out here in no where's ville... nearest city 70 miles.

For today's basement digest: I now have the loader on a Spektrum radio capable of ch mixing, but unfortunately the DX6 only has two mixes. The bucket tilt is not mixed with the pump, so I have to use the lift to activate pump... I need atleast the DX7 for three mixes or leave the pump on all the time for fluent control.

2nd half of vid shows the adt stock piling wet lumps in the area I was excavating last winter... the dirt is currently too wet to process thru the crusher, it'll just plug it up. Likely I'll just haul the majority of this stockpile outside when the weather warms up, I should have more than enough dry fines to backfill with when the remaining crib wall is built, hopefully in a few months.

Old 01-10-2012, 12:46 AM
POWERHOUSE OFFROAD

Member Number: 10058
B/S/T Feedback: (3)

The last vid...a little of everything! I like that. Thanks for the pics. There's a great jason aldean song about fly over states. I always wonder what the stories are about the farmlands I see from 40,000 ft.
Old 01-10-2012, 01:55 PM
http://www.youtube.com/user/marhund

Member Number: 9547

Best wishes for 2012 Joe. Just moved back to the farm my self. Moved out on wife and kids... Well the kids stay with me every second week

Its always great to hear about your farm and history Joe. Hope I will win the lottery soon so I can come visit you all guys around the world

I cant other than STRONGLY recommend you the Sanwa SD10G radio.
This radio has proven the best radio for our purpus as I see it.
It gives a lot of mixing possibilities. It has 10channels! All swiches are threeway and give easy access and possibility to make it like you want.
And if that is not enough it is the way I see it also the best regarding possibility to operate more models with the same radio!.
YOu can easy access three models just by holding down one of three buttons on the front as you switch the radio off and on again.. Then only the selected model will move.. the others stay still... Wanting to switch to another modell you just do the same off/on movement holding down one of the other buttons... Easy, quick and safe... Dont have to move. Put down the radio to use another one Just HAVE to try it Joe !
Old 01-11-2012, 09:53 AM
JOE

The only song from Jason Aldean that I was able to find on utube that even remotely showed much about farm living was Amarillo Sky, is that the one you refer to Bulldog?

Cheers for 2012 to you too Martin... but so sorry to hear of your family breaking up, hopefully you & the wife can come to an amicable arrangement and the family be happy again.

I'm not a fan of Airtronics radios, but maybe I'll see one this wkend when I travel to Cabin Fever Expo in Pennsylvania, USA. Gonna be alot of fellow hobbyists there that I have conversed with for yrs on the forums & have never met. http://www.cabinfeverexpo.com/

Ah yes, the lottery! I've been in a pool of twenty guys for a couple yrs hoping to win the lottery... all it has been to date is... expensive!

It's been above seasonal temperatures here for nearly a month, with alot of strong winds out of the south... however yesterday it was in the north & I spent much of the afternoon hauling this wet dirt out!

My dirt pile infront of the screener is right below the window opening, so I have to stand back a couple meters from where I normally look, ducking around the furnace duct work & drive blind some of the time. Alls went well, no crashes, got a mountain of dirt out!

Old 01-11-2012, 06:02 PM
It can all be R/C...

Member Number: 10401

Fantastic, just spent an enjoyable while sitting in my Norwegian hotel room watching your films... better than the TV...
Old 01-12-2012, 12:04 AM
POWERHOUSE OFFROAD

Here you go Joe...of course it's about the states...but you'll get the point. I'm a big Jason Aldean fan...hence his music on my dually vid. I'm also a big country fan. Songs that have lyrics that actually tell a story. Let me know if the link works for you. Oh, and as for Sears homes...There were a bunch in my neighborhood, but I never stepped in one. Pretty amazing learning about them though.

Here's the link. It's like a fan tribute...not an actual music video.

Last edited by Bulldog : 01-12-2012 at 01:12 AM.
Old 01-29-2012, 11:46 PM
JOE

Thanx Bulldog, I enjoyed the video.

Well I did see a Sanwa 10-G radio at the Cabin Fever Expo... seemed like a very overly complicated radio to program, the instruction manual nearly an inch thick. The Spektrums are muuuch easier to program & more friendly to our constr model needs. Now if the DX10T would stop being delayed, from what I understand of some info I've read about it, it'll be the ultimate radio for us here north america.

Here is my 1st video using a GoPro camera. Pretty much point & shoot, no zoom, but a wide viewing angle, had it strapped to my head. It must be the 100watt light bulb to my right that has made it look rustic, black & white?

It's nice having a large memory card, edited 36minutes down to 15 for this video. Took a long time to download from camera to puter - 2.1gigs.

Last edited by Lil Giants : 01-30-2012 at 12:04 AM.
Old 01-30-2012, 02:41 AM
http://www.youtube.com/user/marhund

Member Number: 9547

who ever read the instruction manual Joe!
Yes the Spectrum radio (and I prefer the easy programing of the Futaba 12Z radio) looks great. But they are in my eyes over priced.. In Norway anyway you can buy 2-3 radios of the Sanwa radio for the same price...
But what makes me go for the Sanwa radio is the modelmatching... The way Sanwa does it - no one else does so far...
The ability to use one radio with as many models you like turned on at the same time... Just switching between them on the radio.. And only the one you have going will be moving (I saw in your video that you had to change radio.. This is not nessesary witht he Sanwa radio.. You switch with the push of a button..
I do not understand why not more manufacturers do this...

But you are right.. The Sanwa radio is more complicated to program then the competiters for no reason at all

And I have never seen this Spectrum radio before... Looks stunning
Old 02-01-2012, 08:17 PM
JOE

I can't find a price from my usual shopping outlets for radio gear, I don't know how much the Sanwa 10G would cost here... I read some of the instructions, browse thru the manual looking for something that might aid me in fine tuning.

Better lighting made for better viewing.

Old 02-02-2012, 12:27 AM
POWERHOUSE OFFROAD

One thing you can also try with the new camera is point of view shots. Take your gopro and drop it in the dirt really close to the excavator...within feet or looking down on it,or even behind or down in the hole looking up. And if you really want to get nutty, mount the camera to the equipment in an on board setup. Mix it up and experiment with different angles. I love seeing you controlling the equipment with your radio. Interesting stuff for us 3 channel guys! Greg
Old 02-12-2012, 08:00 PM
JOE

Some good ideas Greg, I'll try them with the next video. Thank you for kind comments. Some one yt mentioned setting the go pro to r5, less of a fish eye look.

It seems my photobucket account has been over used lately! The pics I was gonna post today may not appear... it was quite a surprise to see 9000+ views on my Scale4x4 thread since I posted last & I've had nearly 50 subs on youtube this wkend, mostly cdn & Sweden.

Also, I got a PM on Scale today from an aussie internet news media wanting to interview me about my basement excavation... don't know why the sudden popularity?

Last week, I got the pile cleaned up from below the wall.

Then I piled some dirt high in the opening behind the water heater, what I mined out last winter, make room for more stock piling... I don't want haul out any more dirt till I get the south wall backfilled... wouldn't it be goofy if I had to haul dirt back in?

Dribbling some water again last week to soften up the dirt on the wall.

Was ready to go on the wall again last night when all the sudden I see oil dripping off the bucket. Turns out I have a small pin hole leak on the backside of the bucket cyl barrel, the soldered joint of the cyl barrel & rod end cap.

I go to the plumber tomorrow morning to get the right kind of solder necessary for repair and maybe a lesson too to do it correctly.
Old 02-12-2012, 11:32 PM
POWERHOUSE OFFROAD

Yep, can't see the pics. Spend the 25 bucks and upgrade to PB pro. As for the international interes, sometimes people share links or post to their account. Next thing you know....a link to a link to a link will occur and now you've got a new audience. Enjoy it. For shts and giggles, you can poke around your youtube settings and somewhere inside, you can see who views your videos around the world. It's interesting to see that might say have three views in iceland, or one view in the phillipines.
Old 02-13-2012, 01:17 AM
Hi my name is Kalle, im a scale addict.

Member Number: 2577

Sweden aint that tiny Joe, we have a massive 9million population here and most of them are into Rc construction equipment!

I agree, upgrade you PB account, well worth it, i have payed for a couple of years now and had no problems since, and we need to see your pics and vids!