Go Back   Scale 4x4 R/C Forums > Scale 4x4 R/C Trux! > Agricultural and Industrial Equipment
Make payments with PayPal - it's fast, free and secure!

Agricultural and Industrial Equipment A place for your agricultural, industrial, and other heavy equipment builds!

Old 07-23-2012, 05:43 PM

Member Number: 18157
B/S/T Feedback: (0)

How are your crops doing Joe. Here in Iowa there suffering real bad, ears of corn are only half as big as they should be, IF there still alive. Best of luck on the farm front
Sponsored Links

The sponsored ad above is only displayed to guests. Creat an account today to remove this ad!
Old 07-23-2012, 11:45 PM
JOE

Member Number: 1683

Very well at the moment.. no hail yet, a couple more weeks & the chances of will be no longer.. then it'll be whether or not an early frost gets me, like the last two yrs.. fingers crossed, this could be a lottery yr with bumper crops with record high prices.

I see the unfornate news of a bad drought throughtout the entire USA, reported to be worse than the 30's! Very bad for you - very good for me.. it's too bad that there has to be a weather wreck somewhere in the world in order to get a decent price for my own efforts in supplying the food chain.. last yr for me was being flooded out & ran out of time to get much planting accomplish, then an early frost diminished profits even further... but that's farming, feast or fathom!

The markets are speculating $10 corn, $20 soyobean and small ethanol plants all over the USA declaring bankruptcy.. someday we will all be in an over supply market again with minimal markets to sell our products to meet production costs.
Old 07-26-2012, 07:22 PM

best of luck on the upcoming weather and market. thank the lord im a dump truck driver and not a farmer huh, still pray for the best for the farmers though, mother nature can be quite cruel sometimes
Old 07-29-2012, 12:56 PM
Posts all the Time'r

Member Number: 17533

Hope your crops do good this year Joe!! I feel bad for all the farmers this year being hit hard by the drought! By my in IL crops are looking good but ive seen some areas where their crops are dead...
Old 08-05-2012, 10:23 AM
I build Lowriders

Member Number: 1386
B/S/T Feedback: (1)

Joe, you got another one.
http://hackaday.com/2012/07/28/excav...-rc-equipment/

"When you do things right, people wont be sure you've done anything at all."
Old 08-18-2012, 01:20 AM
JOE

I did the winter wheat last week, that went exceptionally well with high yield & quality.. I did a bit of brown mustard this week - kinda disappointed in the yield; an early June frost may be the culprit for that. Moved onto another b. mustard field today that is much better, but too high in moisture to harvest at this time.. I try again Monday afternoon.

Thanx for the update Daniel ... reading the comments, I see the same ol' same old "why doesn't he write a program so the toys are automonous? He'd get done way faster!" This rc hobby continues to fly over the heads of much of the general public that has never been associated with it.

Something I've been working at the last couple Sundays...

I just got to wire in an esc within the JD850, string a paired wire along the boom / stick, make a junction box for the female receptacles and solder on some leads to the motor... maybe Sunday I have a movie made.
Old 08-18-2012, 07:40 AM
Old Time'r

Member Number: 7833
B/S/T Feedback: (1)

OK Joe what is it , it got to be a good one it's the best one I have ever seen. Ed
Old 08-18-2012, 06:17 PM

Very nice screener bucket Joe. The ones ive sceen work best with under half a full bucket, almost seems like a waist till you figure that the dirt dose need room to move. another intresting version is the rollover or flipping bucket screener

Last edited by John T : 08-18-2012 at 06:28 PM.
Old 08-19-2012, 10:29 AM
Old Time'r

Member Number: 5394

I continue to great a great pleasure out of reading about your mining operation and the ingenuity to keep the machines running. How much earth do you have left before the mine runs out?

I know it wouldn't be practical, but I can't help but to imagine a 'G' scale freight train of sorts that could haul the dirt outside for you and dump it via an operating tripple!
Old 08-20-2012, 09:41 AM
JOE

Ed, John got it right.

Is that what you mean John?
http://www.youtube.com/watch?NR=1&v=...ture=endscreen

Thanx for the praise BigSki, I get great pleasure from this hobby as well. There's very little to mine away from the wall now, a couple of wheel barrows worth maybe, then build the wooden crib wall & backfill.

I tweaked my lower back Friday morning, my legs go numb being on my feet or sitting more than 10 minutes; lie flat on my back for 20mins and I'm good again... I don't like chiropractors & bone crunching. My massuce of 10 yrs retired last Fall (I know she could fix it)... groan

Working a little at a time thru the wkend, I eventually got the screener working on the 850 late last night... it works ok, but I need to change the gh motor to a much slower rpm and add metal to make a bigger scoop to better load it & keep the dirt in while screening.. no movies yet.

I couldn't even consider lifting the 850 on to work table.. was surprised to see the 850 climb this steep wooden ramp with ease.

Old 08-20-2012, 06:58 PM

Thats exactly what i ment Joe. I have no exp. with eithor but seems to my way of thunkin that the flipper might be more efficent. i would have put the link in myself but im still learning this computer stuff. I here ya about your back i just got my first cortozone shot in "L-5" about a mounth ago, took bout 4 days to kick in but so far so good, but with numb legs it sounds like you got the "siattic"[bad spelling] nerve, Best of luck with that Joe
Old 08-26-2012, 01:05 PM
JOE

Amazing how back pain will make you have better posture while sitting after two days in the combine cab, I felt much better and was walking totally upright by Thursday

Caught up to the green again yesterday and so I can enjoy another Sunday off (without pain this time lol)... made the necessary changes to the screener last night & shot some vid this morning.

The screener itself weighs in @7lbs , add 3 to 5lbs dirt into it and it takes 25 bar to barely lift with the stick out much.

The dirt is rather damp in this vid, I'm sure it'd be a much more impressive showing in dry dirt or sand, quicker too! I'll shoot some of those vids after harvest.

This is about 3 5amp lipos worth of screened material... it'd likely be triple that amount with the flat vibra screen I normally use... but now this one easily portable.

Old 08-26-2012, 03:32 PM
It can all be R/C...

Member Number: 10401

Another excellent job, well done! Fantastic !!
good luck with the back, I suggest you find some where to dangle from Joe, that will help re alighn things, and untrap nerves, sounds like with the leg pain it's a spot of sciatica ?
We are primates afterall, so dangle!!
“The Optimist sees the glass half full; the Pessimist sees the glass half empty. The Engineer sees the glass as ‘Twice as bloody big as it should’ave been in first place!!’…” Dorian Hindmarsh BEng Phd
Old 08-26-2012, 10:17 PM
JOE

Hot Tub!!! Floating seems more appealing.

Talking with various individuals lately that are 5 to 15yrs older than me, that's been their cure to achy joints, nerve & muscle pain... 10 - 20 minutes every night, even during the stormy blusterous -30 winter! It's a religion.

I'll be getting one right after harvest.
Old 08-27-2012, 12:23 AM
POWERHOUSE OFFROAD

Member Number: 10058
B/S/T Feedback: (3)

Great vid Joe, Love the screener! At first I was watching the video and was saying to myself, "what did I tell him about camera angles" And a second later, there it was, the view from the body. Much better! Really cool watching a scale version performing pretty darn well! Greg