Go Back   Scale 4x4 R/C Forums > Scale 4x4 R/C Trux! > Agricultural and Industrial Equipment
Make payments with PayPal - it's fast, free and secure!

Agricultural and Industrial Equipment A place for your agricultural, industrial, and other heavy equipment builds!

Old 11-02-2012, 04:02 AM
It can all be R/C...

Member Number: 10401
B/S/T Feedback: (0)

great work...it still staggers me how come your house does'nt just fall in? don't you need a concrete foundation? or at least old-skool brick trench?
I hope that one day we don't have a sudden loss of updates on here, and discover we have to launch an R/C rescue to dig you out!!
hey that's a thought! if you could get better broadband you could hook the excavator up to the web with controls and a boome mounted webcam, and charge people to help dig out your wine cellar??!!! it has to work!!
“The Optimist sees the glass half full; the Pessimist sees the glass half empty. The Engineer sees the glass as ‘Twice as bloody big as it should’ave been in first place!!’…” Dorian Hindmarsh BEng Phd
Sponsored Links

The sponsored ad above is only displayed to guests. Creat an account today to remove this ad!
Old 11-16-2012, 06:27 PM
JOE

Member Number: 1683

Just lucky I guess Dorian.

A mountain of fines in the SE corner (last yr this time it was a deep hole 6x3x4 feet). Quite a bit of this will go in behind the crib wall.

The last couple wks I have been cleaning out this dirt from under the west porch, this was wet dirt from the SW wall that I mined away last winter. Bone dry now & crush it into fines.

Haul that dirt over here so I can use my screener bucket, pile the screenings in the box and dump the lumps into the bellydump to haul to the crusher.

Using lil Red Freddybilt, fashioned up a tailgate lock from a paperclip, so now I can load 'er up & climb the wall without loosing half the load along the way. ^-^

Upgraded the radio in the JD850 today. Now I got sliders on each side of the tx to control the tracks (sweet control!) & I put my r/c quick coupler (manufactured by Azonic) back on (had to remove it when I built the screener bucket b/c I was out chs with the DX8). This radio has four proportional chs on the sticks, two 2pos, six 3pos, two sliders & a knob. The rx is 9ch; a different device called X-Plus is needed to get the other 9chs. I don't need the X-Plus at this time. I'm using three of the 3pos switches for dual rates on the bucket, stick & swing. A 3pos switch & the knob are the only two chs not currently in use.

I built this bench 1.5 yr ago to elevate my stool when I was excavating the SW dirt wall, it has now become quite a handy temporary workbench to work on the JD850.

Getting pretty full of goodies under the hood - Sabertooth 2x25 for the tracks, Sabertooth 2x12 for the swing & screener bucket, Eflite 40amp esc for hyd pump, 2pos esc for the quik coupler, ect...

I wore out another Carson 4:1 box in my KH dump trk & pup, so today I put a 3:1 gear in the dual motor coupler. With the 4:1 I rarely used 1st b/c it was so slow! Now that it will be faster with 3:1 reduction, I changed radios from a DX6i to a DX7s (paired now with the Stahl wheel loader) to make use of the only 3pos switch for the trans. DX6i doesn't have a 3pos switch. These Spektrum radios are Awesomeness! Be it a different radio now, but still the same AR6110e rx.

Lots more lil giants to hit the workbench for repairs & upgrades.. gonna be a busy winter for fixing!
Old 11-19-2012, 05:38 PM

Member Number: 1466

Hey Joe!! I drive B-train here in Finland..Reversing it on bad conditions is realy hard..But when you get a hang on it..Its realy Piece Of Cake...
Your own Little Crushing plant looks great with accessories, trucks,loaders, excavators..all AWESOME!!!!!
Old 11-20-2012, 01:13 PM
I never leave, but my wife did!

Member Number: 10

Man I love all the video's you do and all the pictures. I wish I lived closer I would love to watch you work/play. Maybe the next time I drive back to Alaska I can stop by.
Old 11-22-2012, 08:09 AM
JOE

Hello Jaskafin, I have a Btrain grain trls on my farm, they're easier to reverse than my model bellydumpers. It's likely the 5th wheel on the model is in the wrong position, probably needs to be further back. Thank you for the compliment.

Sure you can ddtuass! and you can join in on the fun too. April-May & Aug-Oct I'm busy, the rest of the yr I can take a week off at a moments notice (usually).

Ol' whitey back on the bench, turning sharp right made the front wheels stick & not center again, which made it difficult to drive.

Added some more Shoo Goo to the diff, previous gunk shredded away to nothing. The axle is locked up now, but over time the resistant will lessen.

Ed (HeavyDuty) gave me these jackstands when I visited him in St Louis last month, they sure are a handy tool for bench testing the model. Thanx again Ed!

Old 12-04-2012, 01:45 AM

Member Number: 17315

Ive seen lots of welded diffs but none filled with shoe glue, those jack stands are cool.
Old 12-18-2012, 01:15 AM
JOE

It works very well Jason, a month later & the diff is starting to free up a bit making turning easier, but virtually equal power to both wheels no matter which one has more traction.

Made an order with rc4wd last month, got some of these short driveshafts for between the diffs.. it'll be interesting to see how long they last compared to the dog bone & cup.

Here's the start of the floor excavation, dig down about 18 inches, I think that's the 850's max reach. That should keep me busy for another yr or two.

Old 12-28-2012, 07:22 PM
JOE

Just got home from xmas in the city.. went to a large general tool/automotive store this morning (Princess Auto), got lost in there for about 3hrs and I found this nifty little bilge pump.. suppose to be capable of putting out 170 -200 gph meant for boats & what not, runs on 12v.

Outlet is 7mm id -> taper it down to 3 or 4mm should produce pretty good press for either a nozzle or spray. Put it on an esc to vary the voltage, which will vary the press & flow. It can be totally submerge, so I'll just put it right in the tank! Start building my water hauler for the floor dig.

Old 12-29-2012, 09:01 PM

Member Number: 18157

very cool too bad it dont produce enough pressure for hydraulics, it might have been a cheep alternative for us with shallow pocketts
Old 02-06-2013, 08:17 PM
JOE

There's a company from Spain that makes a fluid pump that runs on the red colored antifreeze... a guy from Ontario posting on RCT&C just got a RTR Leibherr wheel loader from them.

http://www.rctruckandconstruction.co...ead.php?t=6085

So this is what I've been digging lately, under the west porch.. it was kind of a ski slope from the back wall to the water heater. Cutting it down flat, square up the edges, make it a better storage area for wet dirt from other areas in the basement. Took about 12" cut at the face of the wall & it's about 8" at front of cut.

Hauling the wet dirt over here to the sw corner, will eventually employ bucket screener here & haul the wet lumps back to where I'm digging now, to leave to dry out over summer, then crush it next winter & pile and haul it out summer of '14.

This cut is 18" deep by 72"x32" (0.917 cu yd), that's most of the dirt already in this corner.

There's maybe a dozen bellydump loads to screen & crush here presently, the last of the bone dry dirt from the wall mined away last winter.

Haul quite a bit of this crush over to the wet pile sw corner, give the 850 a dry, elevated platform to perch from while screening. And put the remainder in the wall for backfill.

Started the slow soak again this morning under the west porch, take about a week for thorough deep coverage, then let the surface dry for about 3 or 4 days & dig some more...starting at 8" at the last cut, tapering down to an inch depth just behind the water heater.

Here's a movie, can't see the 850 hardly b/c of poor lighting, but I think you can still make out how tight of area it is for it to work within.

Old 02-07-2013, 11:41 PM
I never leave, but my wife did!

Member Number: 10

Another great vid and picture set. Have you thought what will your next job be after this one is done?
Old 02-11-2013, 05:57 AM
JOE

Thanx ddtuass I rented out my parents' house last summer, so I have no intention of leaving my own yard anytime soon ... Digging the floor now will keep me busy in the basement quarry for quite awhile, 18" cut is gonna be a lot of dirt to move out. And I've also just got a garage package that will be built this summer, soon I'll have a better workshop to build better models & improve on the ones I have.
Old 02-17-2013, 09:45 PM
JOE

Old 02-19-2013, 08:16 PM

Member Number: 12364

Nice work as always Boss
enjoyed the vids ,keep up the great work
have fun
Tommy
Old 02-20-2013, 05:50 AM
JOE

Boss.. you funny guy

Did you see the 1/30th scale front shovel & 777 dump trk listed on RCT&C? Modelman, I think is from Arkansas, not far from you That pair of equip is priced cheap! You should be snapping 'em up!