Go Back   Scale 4x4 R/C Forums > Scale 4x4 R/C Trux! > Micro R/C Trux!
Make payments with PayPal - it's fast, free and secure!

Micro R/C Trux! Anything smaller than 1/12 scale. VMGs, Mini Z's etc!

Old 01-13-2014, 04:47 AM
Can I have the blazer back.....

Member Number: 19276
B/S/T Feedback: (7)

You have been busy. I really like it "MG". Looks like its coming together beautifully. That frame is in its own category just by its self. This is around 1/20 scale then ? You have some beautiful craftsmen ship skills. loving it here, great pics also.....Thanks...now, More please.
Sponsored Links

The sponsored ad above is only displayed to guests. Creat an account today to remove this ad!
Old 01-13-2014, 08:14 AM
Old Time'r

Member Number: 528
B/S/T Feedback: (17)

Quote:
Originally Posted by 2Beers View Post
Looks like its coming together beautifully.
That frame is in its own category just by its self.
You have some beautiful craftsmen ship skills.
I'm jus a ol ignorant hillbilly. 2beers has said it much better than I could have. Really liking it.
Old 01-13-2014, 08:34 AM
Scaler addict.

Member Number: 8706
B/S/T Feedback: (3)

[quote=mgcrawler;989915]Thanks 2B! I'm really liking the red on this rig for sure, I haven't heard back from the guy in a few days....Maybe i'll keep it myself[quote]

NO!

I'm digging the look, I like the wheels, but I think the tires have to go for something more scale. Maybe a hair smaller dia.
Old 01-13-2014, 05:16 PM
is awesome

Member Number: 15622
B/S/T Feedback: (1)

Me also likey, What rims are those?
Old 01-13-2014, 06:04 PM
Moparer

Member Number: 12694
B/S/T Feedback: (8)

Quote:
You have been busy. I really like it "MG". Looks like its coming together beautifully. That frame is in its own category just by its self. This is around 1/20 scale then ? You have some beautiful craftsmen ship skills. loving it here, great pics also.....Thanks...now, More please.
Busy...yes but having a bunch of fun Thank you for the comments! Took me a while to get the hang of kink free tube bends. The body is 1/20 I'd say or really close anywho.

Quote:
Originally Posted by BiLLy bOb View Post
I'm jus a ol ignorant hillbilly. 2beers has said it much better than I could have. Really liking it.
I appreciate it sir! I live way out in the woods of upper Michigan. Anything you say will make sense.
Quote:
NO!

I'm digging the look, I like the wheels, but I think the tires have to go for something more scale. Maybe a hair smaller dia.
Ya never know, still no word from the "guy". As for the tires, you don't want me to just let out all of the little details at once do ya?

Quote:
Originally Posted by dman10 View Post
Me also likey, What rims are those?
Thanks! I made/make them myself. They are molded plastic, i've actually got quite a few different styles made up.

Well I got some paint/detail work done today. I'm really happy with the paint on this one. I took some of the red I painted the body with and added a drop of black to it and toothpicked the recesses on the body. I maybe got carried away on the tailgate a bit What can I say...rust is fun!

A used and abused water pump..

Added the knobs, still have to "age" them.

Got the hose and reel painted and added some height to the water tank so its level with the bed rails.

Thats about it for tonight, well ok.. one more for Scale.. I need to make more of these wheels to have a set though so no mounted pic. Sorry.

Got these wheels too. Hot rod fire truck?

Ok really, thats it for now...Thanks again all! Enjoy!
Old 01-13-2014, 06:19 PM

Just totally magnificent......I like the way you think and your taste in character. Those rims and tires are just wow....Good thing you live the other side of the states, cause I would be your best friend....24/7..buddy..lol, You would have to add on to the house for sure. And how big is your refrigerator ? I eat like a horse. Seriously though, Great craftsmanship and your execution in doing them.
Old 01-13-2014, 06:31 PM
Scaler addict.

Awesome! Those wheels are spot on, can't wait to see them mounted. Man, I wanted to go for a showroom finish on my willys, but your rusty willys is making me think alittle..
Old 01-13-2014, 07:43 PM
Master of my domain

Member Number: 12436
B/S/T Feedback: (10)

Glad to see progress clipping along, now when will I get an updated on the crew cab dodge?
Count me in for a few more sets of the mini z wheels when you make them
Old 01-15-2014, 09:48 PM
Moparer

Quote:
Just totally magnificent......I like the way you think and your taste in character. Those rims and tires are just wow....Good thing you live the other side of the states, cause I would be your best friend....24/7..buddy..lol, You would have to add on to the house for sure. And how big is your refrigerator ? I eat like a horse. Seriously though, Great craftsmanship and your execution in doing them.
I'll clean up the spare bedroom for ya just in case. I wouldn't need to add on to the house but I'd bet the garage/workshop would need some more room.
Really though thank you for the kind words bud, i'm really enjoying getting into the details with this one.

Quote:
Originally Posted by scale4x4 View Post
Awesome! Those wheels are spot on, can't wait to see them mounted. Man, I wanted to go for a showroom finish on my willys, but your rusty willys is making me think alittle..
Almost have a full set made up, making one at a time is slow.. Any way you finish off your willys will be great! Love the chrome trim you added

Quote:
Originally Posted by minizmodder View Post
Glad to see progress clipping along, now when will I get an updated on the crew cab dodge?
Count me in for a few more sets of the mini z wheels when you make them
A few of you guys won't let the dodge crewcabs die! Which one do ya want to see? I've started 2..

Once I get my molds made to do a whole set at a time i'll hook you up, we wouldn't have them if it wasn't for you chief! You don't have the Void looking xmod wheels do ya?

Little update...

I got the body all mounted solid and been working on some other things.

Electronics tray.

Starting to figure out where things need to go. Room for all the necessary electronics and moving parts is always a challenge.

OK, starting with a burnt out bic pen spring (under the flint) I soldered a piece of piano wire into one end. Then clipped about and 1/8" under the soldered joint leaving a short piece of spring on the wire. Another shorter section of wire coming in from the side on the bottom of the spring for the mount. I added a 1.2mm nut for the base btw..

Now ya got a springy rollover proof CB antenna cause no fire truck would be right without a CB antenna

Also started on a worthy rear bumper.

Start to a headache rack

Added some brass screen and mounts. I'll get some better pics without the stuff in the way.

Last but not least... some flex
Old 01-16-2014, 04:56 AM

Oooooh....It just isn't fair.....Your so making me want to stop my SS build just So I can do another Willy's. Between you and scale4x4 working your magic skills on these buggers. Its just hard to concentrate...Ha. All the details in the little's are magnificent "MG"..Love the flex shot. More please...Have you looked into the Micro plane electronics? The BNF RX stuff is really tinny. I can show ya some pics if your interested.
Old 01-16-2014, 07:22 AM
Wasting Time'r

Member Number: 15145
B/S/T Feedback: (0)

This thing is turning out awesome! Keep the updates coming!
Old 01-16-2014, 08:12 AM
Scaler addict.

Great stuff! I have a hard time fitting 1/10 scale electronics in rc's, don't know how you do it with things this small!

Heres a shot for you guys who aren't familiar with the size of these, this the same body..
Old 01-16-2014, 11:17 AM
Old Time'r

Member Number: 528
B/S/T Feedback: (17)

good lord MG, that thing is gorgeous! rekon yer dog would mind if i come up n camped out with him in the doghouse? I won't even ask bout the fridge like 2beers did ((he's a slacker)), I'll bring a 2nd fridge, lathe, mill and a few other odds n ends.

seriously, what'd i give to be able to do what you do..... 1/2 my problem is no time, other 1/2 is 97% of my hobby stuff is sitting in boxes somewhere on the pacific ocean.
Old 01-16-2014, 07:06 PM
Moparer

Quote:
Oooooh....It just isn't fair.....Your so making me want to stop my SS build just So I can do another Willy's. Between you and scale4x4 working your magic skills on these buggers. Its just hard to concentrate...Ha. All the details in the little's are magnificent "MG"..Love the flex shot. More please...Have you looked into the Micro plane electronics? The BNF RX stuff is really tinny. I can show ya some pics if your interested.
Its never to late to start another build buddy! I'll have to check into this SS build you speak of. If you have a specific brand or model in mind i'd be interested in seeing or getting a part# so I can look it up for sure

Quote:
Originally Posted by lilsami87 View Post
This thing is turning out awesome! Keep the updates coming!
Thank you! Another awaits

[quote=scale4x4;990328]Great stuff! I have a hard time fitting 1/10 scale electronics in rc's, don't know how you do it with things this small!

Thanks bud! Great to see LW!! I think that rig was the most challenging of any rig i've built to fit the electronics.

On this body and interior the losi esc/rx will fit behind the bench seat, The GT2 RX and seperate esc take up more room but delivers way nicer throttle control. Worth the head scratching I guess.

Quote:
Originally Posted by BiLLy bOb View Post
good lord MG, that thing is gorgeous! rekon yer dog would mind if i come up n camped out with him in the doghouse? I won't even ask bout the fridge like 2beers did ((he's a slacker)), I'll bring a 2nd fridge, lathe, mill and a few other odds n ends.

seriously, what'd i give to be able to do what you do..... 1/2 my problem is no time, other 1/2 is 97% of my hobby stuff is sitting in boxes somewhere on the pacific ocean.
Oooooh, you come yielding tools! 2Beers might get evicted... Thank you though, your comments are much appreciated! How come your stuffs floating around? I shouldn't be spending this much time on a wee truck either with a plamacam and my panel truck just sitting patiently waiting to be assembled

Well I got some more done this afternoon

Better pic of the rack.

Getting some other accessories ready for paint etc.

Water tank painted and "aged"

Rear bumper all done.

The first layer of crust on the underside of the body and axles.

And since Scale used the quarter for size reference, here's one with a bic lighter.

Thats all for tonight, more tomorrow!
Old 01-16-2014, 07:16 PM
Wasting Time'r

Member Number: 12498
B/S/T Feedback: (1)

Wow. Id have to build something like that with a microscope and it still wouldn't turn out that good looking...