Go Back   Scale 4x4 R/C Forums > Scale 4x4 R/C Trux! > Micro R/C Trux!
Make payments with PayPal - it's fast, free and secure!

Micro R/C Trux! Anything smaller than 1/12 scale. VMGs, Mini Z's etc!

Old 01-16-2014, 07:23 PM
Can I have the blazer back.....

Member Number: 19276
B/S/T Feedback: (7)

Far out man...Beautiful job paint matching and weathering. Everything looks to be coming together wonderful.
Sponsored Links

The sponsored ad above is only displayed to guests. Creat an account today to remove this ad!
Old 01-17-2014, 09:15 AM
Old Time'r

Member Number: 528
B/S/T Feedback: (17)

wow man, just plain ol WOW!!! Yup, the puppy will have to make room for me man. Hope i don't give him fleas.

all my junk is floating across the pond because my house is almost done and Im getting to retire in the Philippines. Been selling off everything i own that won't fit into a 18x24x24 box. luckly my lathe and mill are both sherlines so they get to go with me.
Old 01-17-2014, 06:57 PM
Moparer

Member Number: 12694
B/S/T Feedback: (8)

Quote:
Originally Posted by 2Beers View Post
Far out man...Beautiful job paint matching and weathering. Everything looks to be coming together wonderful.
Thank you 2beers! Its coming down the home stretch now. I'm kinda having a hard time finding things I need to do, that just means i've started planning out the next build
Quote:
Originally Posted by BiLLy bOb View Post
wow man, just plain ol WOW!!! Yup, the puppy will have to make room for me man. Hope i don't give him fleas.

all my junk is floating across the pond because my house is almost done and Im getting to retire in the Philippines. Been selling off everything i own that won't fit into a 18x24x24 box. luckly my lathe and mill are both sherlines so they get to go with me.
Ya know... I hold you guys responsible. This was supposed to be a quick build and I keep getting hung up on the details. I'm happy though, this one is turning out way nicer than the last one I did

Good for you man! Once everythings figured out and you get settled in you'll be back to it i'm sure. Did your house plans figure in a nice workshop area?

I tore her all down today and got the chassis painted and weathered. I added some chrome trim to the grill, and got the interior mostly painted up.

Dash started.

Interiors just about finished. My version of good ol' duct tape holding the seat together in a couple spots Now I have to add some dirt and grease to it and it'll be good.

Wheels painted and rusty, you guys think red or white wheels?

Chrome..

Chassis' looking a little rough.

Thats all for tonight folks, thanks very much for looking!
Old 01-17-2014, 07:05 PM

I think I'm in love with your truck......Don't tell any one....Ooops , oh well..ha. Seriously, just beautiful "MG". all the lil little's make it POP for sure.
Old 01-17-2014, 07:13 PM
Moparer

Quote:
I think I'm in love with your truck......Don't tell any one....Ooops , oh well..ha. Seriously, just beautiful "MG". all the lil little's make it POP for sure.
You are to kind, all those years when I was a kid sitting in the basement putting models together is helping out. I've even still got a few 20+ year old scale auto magazines laying around Do you own a micro crawler of any sort?
Old 01-17-2014, 07:19 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by mgcrawler View Post
You are to kind, all those years when I was a kid sitting in the basement putting models together is helping out. I've even still got a few 20+ year old scale auto magazines laying around Do you own a micro crawler of any sort?
I have piles of old mags, My treasures are the firsty rod n customs. I also spent many many hours on models in a lil bedroom sniffing paint and glue lol..dose not show I hope ? No micros as of yet..I did do a 1/24 slot drag car all custom built. I hope to build one in the near future though. I tore out and sold all my railroad layouts....That would be a hoot for sure to run one on something like it.
Old 01-17-2014, 08:41 PM
Old Time'r

on the wheels, i'd suggest red to match the truck. lots of brush trucks have matching wheels when they were painted for whatever FD they were used at. maybe, exchange 1 wheel for a completely different style wheel, or keep all 4 the same style, but 1 a different color since the rest of the truck is *showing its age*.

if i'm to be partially blamed for this build, so be it. i'll take credit for such a beautiful build.

House is coming along a bit slower than i'd like, but paying for it as i go. not borrowing a cent to get it done faster. I have a couple hundred sq meters of back yard that is going to be my garage/toy area. Don't know how to divide up all yard aread yet, got a G gauge railroad thats going to be set up outside to go along with my micros. Now that I finally got me a kinghauler, going to have to figure out where i'm going to build *wheelerville*

so your plannin your next build or tryin to figure one out? if you don't have one in mind, i have a idea or 2.
Old 01-18-2014, 06:43 AM
Moparer

Quote:
I have piles of old mags, My treasures are the firsty rod n customs. I also spent many many hours on models in a lil bedroom sniffing paint and glue lol..dose not show I hope ? No micros as of yet..I did do a 1/24 slot drag car all custom built. I hope to build one in the near future though. I tore out and sold all my railroad layouts....That would be a hoot for sure to run one on something like it.
Ha ha, its fun to go back through ancient mags, I find tons of info I missed as my interests change. My Dad has a gigantic library of mopar magazines from 90s' to presentLike every issue of three different mags.. I can't notice your brain cell loss, you must not of done something right Looking forward to seeing you whip up a micro, if ya want to do up Willys pickup i'll set ya up The layout builds are almost as fun as the trucks! I'll have to snap a pic of the 1/32 scale layout/course i'm working on.

Quote:
on the wheels, i'd suggest red to match the truck. lots of brush trucks have matching wheels when they were painted for whatever FD they were used at. maybe, exchange 1 wheel for a completely different style wheel, or keep all 4 the same style, but 1 a different color since the rest of the truck is *showing its age*.

if i'm to be partially blamed for this build, so be it. i'll take credit for such a beautiful build.

House is coming along a bit slower than i'd like, but paying for it as i go. not borrowing a cent to get it done faster. I have a couple hundred sq meters of back yard that is going to be my garage/toy area. Don't know how to divide up all yard aread yet, got a G gauge railroad thats going to be set up outside to go along with my micros. Now that I finally got me a kinghauler, going to have to figure out where i'm going to build *wheelerville*

so your plannin your next build or tryin to figure one out? if you don't have one in mind, i have a idea or 2.

Thanks for the comments and input Billybob, I may shoot on wheel white and rust it just to see how it looks. I really need to get back into molding stuff, those wheels are the only smallish diameter wheel I have. I've got about 3 more styles this size I just need to get molded.

Sounds like your a smart guys not borrowing out a bunch cash. I hate seeing people get in over their heads with a new home, doesn't take to long to get there either. The back yard should be alot of fun just getting placement figured out, I always enjoy that part myself anyways. Just don't crawl to far into the Jungle

I'm kinda on the fence both ways Billybob, i've started so may rigs I never finished and on the other hand I've got 4 sets of Sam 1/32 axles and just got a Land Cruiser that fits well and a couple of micro crawler sized Land Rovers on their way here from the UK. I would love to hear your ideas though bud! Always nice to have others input.

BTW.. Sorry no picture updates this morning.
Old 01-18-2014, 08:52 AM
Scaler addict.

Member Number: 8706
B/S/T Feedback: (3)

weathering looks awesome! really dig the wheels.
Old 01-18-2014, 05:12 PM
Old Time'r

i'm wanting to get into molding small things in the future. once i get moved, access to lots of stuff will be much more limited than it is here for me. right now, its mail order for ANY good stuff, or 2 hours drive for hobbytown usa. i'll send ya pm with some thoughts.

im with you on the debt. it sucks. if i can't pay for it, i don't need it. I'll figure out the yard once i get moved. Can't seem to get mammyINlaw to understand the photographs i want. I believe i have a few coconut trees in the yard to remove but can't get a photo of it to figure it out. Once I get moved over I'll begin making plans.
Old 01-18-2014, 06:47 PM
Moparer

Quote:
Originally Posted by scale4x4 View Post
weathering looks awesome! really dig the wheels.
Thanks alot! I think the smaller wheels were the way to go

Quote:
i'm wanting to get into molding small things in the future. once i get moved, access to lots of stuff will be much more limited than it is here for me. right now, its mail order for ANY good stuff, or 2 hours drive for hobbytown usa. i'll send ya pm with some thoughts.

im with you on the debt. it sucks. if i can't pay for it, i don't need it. I'll figure out the yard once i get moved. Can't seem to get mammyINlaw to understand the photographs i want. I believe i have a few coconut trees in the yard to remove but can't get a photo of it to figure it out. Once I get moved over I'll begin making plans.

If ya want any tips on molding/cast when you get to that point just ask I've spent a ton of time/money to only fail at it in the beginning. Everyone is pretty tight lipped about the trade. I'm in the same boat as you with mail ordering parts no hobby shops within 250 miles

Mother in laws....

Only a couple of small updates for tonight..

Electronics placed.

Magnets installed to hold the water tank/battery in place.

I think they'll hold

As she sits

I just need to let my double A's charge up for the tx and i'll fire it up for the first time and finish wire it.

Bonus treasure pics..

Here's an odd one

Just a few from a local yard, i've got a lot more pics from there but I had to show you all a couple.
Old 01-18-2014, 07:34 PM
Scaler addict.

Member Number: 8706
B/S/T Feedback: (3)

Looks awesome! I like the hubcap. it saddens me to see those truly unique and rare rigs just rotting away.
Old 01-18-2014, 07:40 PM
Old Time'r

mother in laws....

i could have been cursed with a LOT WORSE. she's actually pretty good. When i was over there back in march/april for month, i never had to cook, clean, wash clothes, NOTHING.

love how the willys i coming along. what kind of magnets did you use?

if i ever get around to messing around with trying to do some casting, im sure i'll be in touch. currently futzin around with photo etching.

enjoy the bonus pics. when i saw the white willys i was gonna ask about the blue international crew cab behind it but low n behold there's a picture of it. those are pretty rare birds, kinda like finding a hens tooth. looks like that one is 4wd too. have never seen one in my life that was 2wd. every single one ive ever seen has been 4wd.
Old 01-19-2014, 07:06 PM
Moparer

Quote:
Originally Posted by scale4x4 View Post
Looks awesome! I like the hubcap. it saddens me to see those truly unique and rare rigs just rotting away.
I figure one is better than none lol. It is sad that those cars/trucks are rotting away.. and they are but the owner of the yard has saved them from the crusher for years and years. Best part is if I were to want a whole vehicle it would be sold at scrap weight value. My buddy bought a 48 chevy pickup for 300 bucks that wasn't in to bad of shape really.

Quote:
mother in laws....

i could have been cursed with a LOT WORSE. she's actually pretty good. When i was over there back in march/april for month, i never had to cook, clean, wash clothes, NOTHING.

love how the willys i coming along. what kind of magnets did you use?

if i ever get around to messing around with trying to do some casting, im sure i'll be in touch. currently futzin around with photo etching.

enjoy the bonus pics. when i saw the white willys i was gonna ask about the blue international crew cab behind it but low n behold there's a picture of it. those are pretty rare birds, kinda like finding a hens tooth. looks like that one is 4wd too. have never seen one in my life that was 2wd. every single one ive ever seen has been 4wd.
Ha, some luck.. You you found a woman with a nice mother too. Some don't have it so good. Now I know why your moving over there

How's the photo etching going? Neat stuff can be done with that for sure. Quick question if ya don't mind.. can something be etched part way to just be recessed a bit? Just an idea I had.

As for the Binder there, notice it was drove on top of the pile of tires... There are a bunch of cars I'd really just love to bring home in that yard. I just wish I could save them all.

Well I got a bit more done, actually almost all done with this one. Fired it up for the first time this afternoon. All is good on that front

Here is the drag link I made up for it, tiny bit of brass and fits a #0-80 bolt threw the eye.

All bolted together

Interior shot

I'll try and get the wife to help make a little video of it soon.
Old 01-19-2014, 07:22 PM
Moparer

More bonus material.