Go Back   Scale 4x4 R/C Forums > In General > Help wanted!
Make payments with PayPal - it's fast, free and secure!

Help wanted! New to the forum? Start here.

Old 11-18-2009, 05:03 PM

Member Number: 9729
B/S/T Feedback: (0)
Default New Bright rc truck question

Hi everybody I'm new here and I was wondering if there is any information that could help me modify my 1/10 new bright Jeep Rubicon rc to make it into more of a crawler. I've already put propulse electronics in it so I don't have to worry about the electronics, I'm looking to have telescoping shocks on it and a higher torque motor on it or something that will give it more torque. Any advice would be greatly appreciated. I know why not just get a Axial or something like that, well to be honest I'm gettin one for Christmas, plus I like the fun of modifying stuff.
Sponsored Links

The sponsored ad above is only displayed to guests. Creat an account today to remove this ad!
Old 11-18-2009, 05:10 PM
The 4rd prize winner!

Member Number: 990
B/S/T Feedback: (22)

Save the New Bright body for the Axial. It's a waste of time modding it.
Seems like this is something The Crawler King should already know......
Old 11-18-2009, 05:38 PM
redneck

Member Number: 7866
B/S/T Feedback: (1)

yeAH ditch the new bright chassis, a stock axial chassis is 100 times more that what you will ever get out of that new bright crap.
Old 11-18-2009, 05:44 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Thorsteenster View Post
Save the New Bright body for the Axial. It's a waste of time modding it.
Seems like this is something The Crawler King should already know......
But I don't have the body for it I got it from a friend on a different forum. I've already done a different project on a New Bright rc that had no articulation what so ever and now look at it

I know all of you are going to say toss it but this is what I like doing I like modyfieng things. And as for (originally posted by Thorsteenster)(Seems like this is something The Crawler King should already know......) that wasn't very nice I'm only 14 and THE CRAWLER KING is just a user name just like Thorsteenster is.
Old 11-18-2009, 06:08 PM
Banned

Member Number: 3176
B/S/T Feedback: (27)

your pics arent clear enough to tell what you did. and no matter how much you like modifying things, your wasting your time and money by trying to make the new bright toy into anything more than a toy.

the body is the only part of it worth having. the rest makes a really nice wieght to keep your trash can from blowing over in high winds.
Old 11-18-2009, 06:19 PM

To you it might be a waste of time and money but to me it's not it's a hobby. I'm sure that no one likes to be told that it's a waste of time but to them it's not if it was then I wouldn't of bothered asking for any help. All I wanted was some suggestions to help me with my project I know you may think of it as silly for a 14 year old boy to be messing around with this kind of toy stuff, but each one of my projects is like a dream to me and when I'm sastisfied with it I'm happy and it's like a dream come true, just like on Christmas day you're all excited about opening up all of your presents and playing with them well that's the feeling I get when I'm sastisfied with my project I get this giddy feeling. So please any suggestuons on how to help me with my project would be greatly appreciated. Thank you.
Old 11-18-2009, 06:25 PM
Banned

Member Number: 3176
B/S/T Feedback: (27)

dude, we are all in this hobby or you wouldnt be on this website dedicated to it. we completely understand wanting to build and drive toy trucks. thats why we are here. but each of us has enough experience to tell you that sinking money into that chassis is not a good way to do it. you can buy an axial for a small investment and actually have a truck that is capable, and hobby quality.

that IS advice. damn good advice at that.
Old 11-18-2009, 06:44 PM

Ok thanks for helping me undestand I'm just a little strong headed some times. It's just I gotta have something to do or I get extremely bored and I'll sit there and do nothing. It's all I've to do for now. But is there any way to have telescoping shocks on it cause I've heard that people have taken metal coat hangers and stuck them into the shocks for longer arm travel. I'm just not sure how to do it. I don't really want to have to put any money into it any ways. The reason being is because I'm splitting half of the cost of the Axial kit with my mom and dad for Christmas.

By the way I like your signature talon. (i rock. therefore i roll.)
Old 11-18-2009, 06:51 PM
midlifer

Member Number: 4424
B/S/T Feedback: (3)

Quote:
Originally Posted by THE CRAWLER KING View Post
Hi everybody I'm new here and I was wondering if there is any information that could help me modify my 1/10 new bright Jeep Rubicon rc to make it into more of a crawler. I've already put propulse electronics in it so I don't have to worry about the electronics, I'm looking to have telescoping shocks on it and a higher torque motor on it or something that will give it more torque. Any advice would be greatly appreciated. I know why not just get a Axial or something like that, well to be honest I'm gettin one for Christmas, plus I like the fun of modifying stuff.
To try to address your original question, there's not gonna be a lot of resources to help you "modify my 1/10 new bright Jeep..." because it's not a serious platform to base an RC crawler on. This is the difference between "toy grade" brand like New Bright, and a hobby grade brand like Axial, Tamiya, or Losi for example. A hobby grade RC will be of much much higher quality in terms of materials, durability, and design.

The reason we can't give you good pointers in how to modify or upgrade your New Bright chassis is because the vast majority of folks here do not use that chassis as a basis for a scale rig nor a crawler.

It's fine if you want to tinker with your New Bright chassis. The advice you will get here is an effort to help you realize that your money will be better spent investing in a higher grade truck.

"I got a fever, and the only prescription is more cowbell!"
Old 11-18-2009, 07:27 PM

All I really want to do to it right now is this.

http://www.youtube.com/user/dafordra.../1/6hbKSw5ee04

Can some one help me with that?
Old 11-18-2009, 08:16 PM
redneck

honestly man, i see where you are coming from. i started in the same place. if you are getting an axial kit for christmas, i would stop where you are and wait for it to arrive then go from there. that body would look wicked on a axial chassis. and a stock scorpion would drive right up the stuff in that video no problem. you wont even need to mod it. ive only been diong hobby grade stuff for about a year now and im here to tell you that any feedback you get from these guys is GREAT advice. youll get posative and negative but you have to take both and realize that if you get negative info its probably because that person was in the same situation once. i invested 400 dollars in a new bright crawler and my buddy's 250 dollar ax10 out of the box will embarrass it more than i care to tell. i have two radioshack r/c trucks that have not seen a battery since i got my hobby grade stuff. i let my 2 year old daughter tear push them around on the floor for fun. (she cant work the controller yet). wait till you get your first hobby grade then you will understand completely. this is the best website in the world and these guys are some of the best people you will ever meet. bare with us as we are only human. by the way, great to see you getting into the hobby. and welcome man.

by the way take anything you get from some of the long time members as charished advice. its worth more than gold!!

Last edited by chiefsquattingmonkey : 11-18-2009 at 08:18 PM. Reason: added stuff
Old 11-18-2009, 08:23 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by chiefsquattingmonkey View Post
honestly man, i see where you are coming from. i started in the same place. if you are getting an axial kit for christmas, i would stop where you are and wait for it to arrive then go from there. that body would look wicked on a axial chassis. and a stock scorpion would drive right up the stuff in that video no problem. you wont even need to mod it. ive only been diong hobby grade stuff for about a year now and im here to tell you that any feedback you get from these guys is GREAT advice. youll get posative and negative but you have to take both and realize that if you get negative info its probably because that person was in the same situation once. i invested 400 dollars in a new bright crawler and my buddy's 250 dollar ax10 out of the box will embarrass it more than i care to tell. i have two radioshack r/c trucks that have not seen a battery since i got my hobby grade stuff. i let my 2 year old daughter tear push them around on the floor for fun. (she cant work the controller yet). wait till you get your first hobby grade then you will understand completely. this is the best website in the world and these guys are some of the best people you will ever meet. bare with us as we are only human. by the way, great to see you getting into the hobby. and welcome man.

by the way take anything you get from some of the long time members as charished advice. its worth more than gold!!
First of all thank you for your kindness towards me. Ok I'll try and be patient. By the awy that's not my truck in that video. Or were you talking about the F-150. I'm thinking International Scout body for the Axial by the way.
Old 11-18-2009, 08:33 PM
Old Time'r

Member Number: 4312
B/S/T Feedback: (6)

Quote:
Originally Posted by THE CRAWLER KING View Post
First of all thank you for your kindness towards me. Ok I'll try and be patient. By the awy that's not my truck in that video. Or were you talking about the F-150. I'm thinking International Scout body for the Axial by the way.
Yep hold out for the axial bro you will be happier, and if it was me if that F150 body on your New Bright is 1/10 scale and a hard body I would use it, not too many of those on here at least that I have noticed. It would make for a great looking truck and something different. Welcome by the way!
Old 11-18-2009, 08:40 PM
redneck

yep i was refering to the ford body. that would look sweet on an axial chassis. i have a scx10 chassis with a new bright jeep body. love it.
Old 11-18-2009, 09:15 PM

Ohhhh come on it's 1/24 scale. Would it really look good? Man to ebay I go I guess I'm lookin for a 1/10 scale ford f-150-350 and a International Scout or Scout2 body top does anybody know where I can get some?