Go Back   Scale 4x4 R/C Forums > In General > Help wanted!
Make payments with PayPal - it's fast, free and secure!

Help wanted! New to the forum? Start here.

Old 11-18-2009, 09:25 PM
The 4rd prize winner!

Member Number: 990
B/S/T Feedback: (22)

Um, actually Thorsteenster is pretty much my name, nothing like The Crawler King which is making some pretty serious claims.
You can sink all the time and money you want into that thing, it's still a toy. It might be fun, but time is better spent on something that will be more fruitful, such as a hobby grade RC.
No offense, and I hope to see you develop your hobby, but look around at the caliber of many of the builds here, and to come in with your name and asking about modding New Brights? lol
Welcome though, there is a ton plethora of info here to digest on building, modding and general fun with RC's.
Sponsored Links

The sponsored ad above is only displayed to guests. Creat an account today to remove this ad!
Old 11-18-2009, 11:01 PM
redneck

Member Number: 7866
B/S/T Feedback: (1)

o.k. yeah you will definatly have to go bigger than that. id look at some of the bodies in walmat adds and radioshack and places like that then try to track one down for parts. good luck man.
Old 11-19-2009, 12:01 AM
<insert clever title here>

Member Number: 9003
B/S/T Feedback: (2)

Another good place to find bodies, is at thrift stores. You'd be amazed what you can get there. I picked up this guy here for $5 at the place next to where I work.

http://i17.photobucket.com/albums/b8...C/IMG_3164.jpg

So keep your eyes open, a truck you'll like is out there somewhere. Also check garage sales frequently, sometimes you can pick something up for a good price.
Old 11-19-2009, 03:41 AM
Banned

Member Number: 3176
B/S/T Feedback: (27)

proline made a scout, but its discontinued. ok, a very close version of a scout at least.
Old 11-19-2009, 05:06 AM
Do you ever leave the board?

Member Number: 3754
B/S/T Feedback: (0)

Quote:
Originally Posted by THE CRAWLER KING View Post
Hi everybody I'm new here and I was wondering if there is any information that could help me modify my 1/10 new bright Jeep Rubicon rc to make it into more of a crawler. I've already put propulse electronics in it so I don't have to worry about the electronics, I'm looking to have telescoping shocks on it and a higher torque motor on it or something that will give it more torque. Any advice would be greatly appreciated. I know why not just get a Axial or something like that, well to be honest I'm gettin one for Christmas, plus I like the fun of modifying stuff.
Hi, and like the other guys said, hold out for a 'hobby quality' based rig before spending money on the New Bright idea.
Using a New Bright toy as a base, would be like using the frame from a cheap department store BMX bike, and then buying high end wheels and add-ons that work, but it would be kinda silly.
Take the advice from experienced guys, who have been there and done that.
Relax and be patient, look around for exactly what you want, before dropping a bunch of money into something that is not worth the effort.
Broke MoFo club member#23,
If only I had known I would lived this long, I'd have taken better care of myself.
Old 11-19-2009, 07:23 AM
I WILL Hijack & De-Rail your thread into uselessness!

Member Number: 128
B/S/T Feedback: (6)

And be advised that there is NOTHING from a coat hanger that will work to make better shocks! One tip I'll give ya is, don't start down the road of listening to that type of stuff: There's a right way & a wrong way to do things, & rigging things with coat hangers isn't the right way. Just because some numbskull tried it, and it may have SORTA worked kinda, does not mean anything. You're doing the right thing asking advise from members here, even if they're not all saying what you want to hear. And Thor does have a point: A name like yours is bound to catch some flack with your experience level, so relax a bit & enjoy! Chris
Old 05-28-2013, 12:43 AM

Member Number: 20357
B/S/T Feedback: (0)
Default cheap and great start

you can checkout thesource.ca and find refurbished new units for spare parts. I just rec. a complete 4x4 1/10 for $30 which will suffice for breakdown and broken parts as I have found my two crawlers are starting to need.

My highly skilled 4 year old loves them because they nearly go everywhere and we drive them thru town and the local parks. For less than two hundred dollars my son and have been ripping around for a year and have a blast.

He has learnt how to drive and now learning to fix them.

I just had a first failure with a servo breaking a tooth on a gear so I found a whole new identical truck for parts. I shortened the springs so the suspension can work better, but would prefer to install some softer compression spring to replace them all.

Maybe someone knows where to get some?

I also I would like to know the best way to get our spare 9.6v batteries wired in, as Im considering fitting an extra battery under the body for extra weight and service time. Charging them without removal would be great. Any ideas?

Summits are on order for christmas me thinks

Old 05-28-2013, 09:00 AM
Everybody Needs Rock N Roll

Member Number: 4514
B/S/T Feedback: (45)

You do realize that there is a little date in the left top corner that says the last time this thread was posted in was 2009, or 4 years ago.