Go Back   Scale 4x4 R/C Forums > Scale 4x4 R/C Trux! > 1/8, 1/6 and larger scale Trux!
Make payments with PayPal - it's fast, free and secure!

1/8, 1/6 and larger scale Trux! Discuss your large scale projects here, 1/8, 1/6 and larger scales. Juggy, TXT, Clod, TF, MF and similar based rigs.

Old 10-10-2012, 03:06 PM
Trail Runner

Member Number: 13580
B/S/T Feedback: (21)

Looks great man, keep us updated!
Sponsored Links

The sponsored ad above is only displayed to guests. Creat an account today to remove this ad!
Old 10-10-2012, 03:59 PM
Old Time'r

Member Number: 776
B/S/T Feedback: (0)

Really nice work on the interior so far ! side note see somone else was a Dinosaur TV show fan
Old 01-26-2014, 05:43 AM

Member Number: 21601

I just purchased a new bright 1:6 avalanche and I am curious to see what you where able to make work. Where you able to finish your project!?
Old 01-26-2014, 07:57 AM
Diesel Fanboy

Member Number: 21099

Wow that's a nice start, can't wait to see this thing done!
Old 01-27-2014, 10:44 PM
I need to think of something catchy here...

Member Number: 2402
B/S/T Feedback: (27)

last post was almost 2 years ago so you might be waiting awhile on updates.
Old 01-31-2014, 10:13 PM

Member Number: 7584
B/S/T Feedback: (1)

Hey guys... I am really sorry but I have had so may thing pull my attention in other directions. This project is still moving forward. I do have my rear axle and IFS sorted out. I will have to re-work an new frame to accommodate the 3 speed Tamiya gear box I want to use. I am going to go with something much like I did with the "Big Stick" silveraldo build I did last year. ( http://www.scale4x4rc.org/forums/showthread.php?t=71204 ) That will keep cost down a bit. I decided that instead of half assing this project in anyway I would let it sit until I had the funds and time to do it correctly. I am sure you all can understand. I have not so much as walked in to my RC room for 3-5 months due to lack of time, money or most of all motivation. Well I started a cheap and simple project 2 days ago that I will have in the 10th scale side that really made me want to get back on the Avalanche. I thank you all so much for your patience and the large amount of interest in this build.

Quote:
Originally Posted by vinny753 View Post
I just purchased a new bright 1:6 avalanche and I am curious to see what you where able to make work. Where you able to finish your project!?
Honestly If you are going to keep your interior. (if you don't, Let me know I need some extra interior bits.) Prepare for a lot of custom work. A lot of time and keep a fridge full of beer near by. Please share on this thread links to your work... There are only a hand full of these bodies out there and I have never seen one get even as far as mine. (not tooting my own horn or anything just I have not seen it yet) Keep in mind I am going for a different type of rig as well. Scale is more important than ability. Build what suits you...

Last edited by jepensedoucjsuis : 01-31-2014 at 10:14 PM. Reason: Link problem
Old 02-02-2014, 12:22 PM
mud boggin for life

Member Number: 4234

i had one of these bodies years ago, paid 25 bucks at a cash converters, was good until my neighbour backed over it.
Old 02-09-2017, 07:48 PM

Member Number: 7584
B/S/T Feedback: (1)

Wow.. It has been three years since I last posted and this build has been on hold since then. So, 3 years later give me some new and awesome tools to throw into this build. including a 3d printer.

I have decided to start from scratch on the frame, and I could really use some input on a good IFS/solid rear set up that I can steal from. I have leaf springs this time around for the rear springs. I think I want to stick with the same Slash wheels and tires because they mostly stay true to the 1:1 size.

There is so much that I want to add, but after building 16 trail rigs (I forgot my password for this site) I finally decided to pull this on back out of the box and put 500-700 into it to make it great. I also plan on copying most over into the second one. Just that one will be less stock and more rock.
Old 06-12-2018, 04:52 PM
Without A Net

Member Number: 26768

Looks good. Have you made any more progress on it? I found one of these in a junk pile on our property, It had been sitting there for 11 years. Missing both doors and half the hood, but still kind of cool.