Go Back   Scale 4x4 R/C Forums > Scale 4x4 R/C Trux! > 1/8, 1/6 and larger scale Trux!
Make payments with PayPal - it's fast, free and secure!

1/8, 1/6 and larger scale Trux! Discuss your large scale projects here, 1/8, 1/6 and larger scales. Juggy, TXT, Clod, TF, MF and similar based rigs.

Old 01-21-2010, 02:15 PM
Posts all the Time'r

Member Number: 5803
B/S/T Feedback: (0)

Really great detail work. Since I own a 1:1 CJ6 I can tell you that you are doing amazing work. To include something like the rear bumper support is very cool.
Sponsored Links

The sponsored ad above is only displayed to guests. Creat an account today to remove this ad!
Old 01-21-2010, 03:27 PM
Do you ever leave the board?

Member Number: 3754

I like it, very clean and sharp looking.
Broke MoFo club member#23,
If only I had known I would lived this long, I'd have taken better care of myself.
Old 01-21-2010, 04:57 PM
Introvert

Member Number: 1860
B/S/T Feedback: (3)

Nice start. I'm liking the metal fab work.
Old 01-24-2010, 03:15 PM
Up to no good

Member Number: 9106
B/S/T Feedback: (16)

Quote:
Looks nice , what kind of tires do you have there?
Tires are from RC4WD Rok Lox 2.2's. They work out in scale to be about 32 x 11.50's, the wheels are slightly smaller in scale than they should be, but I can't find a closer scale match.
Old 01-24-2010, 03:30 PM
Up to no good

Default Small Update

Started some of the body work, the rear wheel wells are done. I'm still waiting for the styrene for the rest of it. I think it will move pretty fast once my materials come in. Here's a couple of pics of the fenders. The 2nd pic has 1/24 scale model next to them just for comparison.
Attached Images

Old 05-07-2010, 07:32 PM

Member Number: 11749

simply amazing!!!
Old 02-17-2011, 12:50 PM
Up to no good

Been away from this build for quite awhile, but my interest in it was rekindled when I saw the new ARB covers for the TRex 60. I really wasn't content with the way I rigged the front mounts, and the scrub with the wideners seemed a little excessive.

So I started looking at the axles, front and rear, took a couple of measurements and found that if I relocated the 2 clamping screw mounts on each end of the front axle, to match the rear, the hex's would line up with rear wideners.

So I started looking for the parts I would need to create a new front TRex 60. Ordered a replacemnet plastic axle kit from RC4WD along with those awesome ARB covers. Tamiya axles looked good, so I picked up a set of Hi-lift and TLT axle shafts.

The Hi-lift was just a little to wide, so I ended up using 2 of the long TLT shafts. They worked out perfectly - just cut a new center rod for the diff and inserted into both axles.

Cut off the front C's from half of the old housing. Then cut the outside ends off the new rear housing half. Bolted them up for a test fit, and cut the other half of the new rear housing to fit between the front C's. Glued them all up and removed the internal axle supports and cut 2 lengths of 3/8" brass tube to reinforce the axle between the bearing seats. Cut off the end plate/bearing retainer and glued it on the new rear housing half where the outside end was cut off. E- clipped the axles at the diff, checked for fit and pinion alignment and bolted her up. Installed my new cover and attached the new steering link.

Compared with the rear axle (with wideneres installed), it is a match made in heaven. Now I can remove all the crap from the front set up and get it on the springs.

The mod wasn't really difficult, just took some time to cut it straight and match the ends together before gluing.

Here is the pics I took during the mod. I think it turned out really nice.
Attached Images

Old 02-20-2011, 08:04 AM
too many projects, to many ideas

Member Number: 6746
B/S/T Feedback: (1)

wow nice axles, just a small question what wheels are you using can you give me some measurements of them maybe the will fit my project.

Jan
Old 02-20-2011, 08:56 PM
POWERHOUSE OFFROAD

Member Number: 10058
B/S/T Feedback: (3)

Nice to see you back on the build! The fab work is awesome on the chassis and the axle mods are really smart! I hope to see this thing progressing!
Old 02-20-2011, 10:10 PM
Up to no good

Quote:
Originally Posted by jan_m View Post
wow nice axles, just a small question what wheels are you using can you give me some measurements of them maybe the will fit my project.

Jan
Quote:
Originally Posted by Bulldog View Post
Nice to see you back on the build! The fab work is awesome on the chassis and the axle mods are really smart! I hope to see this thing progressing!

Bulldog - Yup, the wife told me I had to finish my works in progress before starting anything new. I wanted to start back on this anyway. It's amazing the new ideas and products that come up when you step away from it for a while...puts a whole new perspective on things. I converted the front (with the new mod) to spring under, which is the norm for the stocker, only thing is, now I can't get the shocks to fit the position like the original 1:1. I'll do the rear tomorrow and figure out the shocks later...I may have to go the Ultra Scale shocks from RC4WD.

jan - the wheels I have for it now are Imex Plutos 2.8...tires are still a big unknown. I think I'm going to reconfig this a little, and go for the stock look. Just needs some Willys wheels from a GI Joe jeep.

Mockup on Willys
Attached Images

Last edited by Willezcr8 : 02-20-2011 at 10:26 PM. Reason: added pic
Old 02-20-2011, 10:11 PM
Up to no good

Quote:

Jan
Quote:
Originally Posted by Bulldog View Post

jan - the wheels I have for it now are Imex Plutos 2.8...tires are still a big unknown. I think I'm going to reconfig this a little, and go for the stock look. Just needs some Willys wheels from a GI Joe jeep.

Bulldog - Yup, the wife told me I had to finish my works in progress before starting anything new. I wanted to start back on this anyway. It's amazing the new ideas and products that come up when you step away from it for a while...puts a whole new perspective on things. I converted the front (with the new mod) to spring under, which is the norm for the stocker, only thing is, now I can't get the shocks to fit the position like the original 1:1. I'll do the rear tomorrow and figure out the shocks later...I may have to go the Ultra Scale shocks from RC4WD, because they are smaller diameter.

Last edited by Willezcr8 : 02-20-2011 at 10:16 PM. Reason: oops, computer glitched - double post, tried to remove
Old 02-21-2011, 01:37 PM
too many projects, to many ideas

Member Number: 6746
B/S/T Feedback: (1)

Sorry I meant what tires are you using. Yeah my Englisch isn't that good I'am building or trying to build a 1/6 VW Schwimmwagen and I'am looking for tires with scale like measurments but good offroad preformance

Jan
Old 02-21-2011, 08:29 PM
Up to no good

Quote:
Sorry I meant what tires are you using. Yeah my Englisch isn't that good I'am building or trying to build a 1/6 VW Schwimmwagen and I'am looking for tires with scale like measurments but good offroad preformance

Jan
No kidding??? That's exactly what I'm trying do. If you are going to use 2.2, then your options are quite vast. Check this out - scroll down.
http://store.rc4wd.com/Spooky-Krawle...res_p_748.html

I am going to use the Spooky tires - just need to figure how to resize them for 2.8's. I'm really looking to get some of the Willys jeep rims, just haven't found anyone that wants to give them up yet. I also thought about stretching some Rock Crushers onto my 2.8's. Just trying to finish up the chassis. I'll post some pics later of where I am at - gotta get off here and back to my workshop.
Old 02-21-2011, 11:51 PM
Old Time'r

Member Number: 5394

If you still need the wheels/tires from a Hasbro G.I. Joe Jeep, send me a PM. I have the ones left over from my 1/6th build.
Old 02-22-2011, 09:37 AM
Up to no good

Quote:
Originally Posted by BigSki View Post
If you still need the wheels/tires from a Hasbro G.I. Joe Jeep, send me a PM. I have the ones left over from my 1/6th build.
PM sent, thanks.