Go Back   Scale 4x4 R/C Forums > Scale 4x4 R/C Trux! > 1/8, 1/6 and larger scale Trux!
Make payments with PayPal - it's fast, free and secure!

1/8, 1/6 and larger scale Trux! Discuss your large scale projects here, 1/8, 1/6 and larger scales. Juggy, TXT, Clod, TF, MF and similar based rigs.

Old 02-24-2011, 12:02 AM
Up to no good

Member Number: 9106
B/S/T Feedback: (16)

Got a chance to finish up what I started last night...the new spring under suspension.

Fabbed up some spring perch's and lower shock mount. Removed the rear draw bar hitch and painted it up. I'll mount it back on the frame when I finish the frame paint.
Also painted the xfer case mount and skid plate along with the rear drive shaft.

Mounted everything for the suspension. Now it sits more realistically and seems to work better than before(w/spring over). Shocks still need a little tweeking, but I will work that tomorrow, when I remove everything to paint the frame.

The tires are only for mock-up - they are a little too wide and made from a plastic like rubber something. The wheels are staying for now unless I can't find some tires that will look right.
Attached Images

Sponsored Links

The sponsored ad above is only displayed to guests. Creat an account today to remove this ad!
Old 02-26-2011, 11:42 PM
Up to no good

Got the chassis all painted up and reassembled. Got the steering set up straightened out. Widened the front a by 3mm on each side by using TG10 long axles and Traxxas wide hex. Tires were hiting the springs at full turn, but with the new wider axles and hex's, they have good clearance, even with the crappy wide tires. Now I can start working on the body. Here's some pics of the completed frame.
Attached Images

Old 02-28-2011, 03:08 AM
Scale is good!

Member Number: 1144
B/S/T Feedback: (11)

awesome work!...really clean!
Old 02-28-2011, 11:03 PM
Up to no good

Changing gears a little...going to make this into a stock Jeep rather than a hard core off roader.
Here is the look I'm going for:
Attached Images

Old 03-02-2011, 11:04 AM
Up to no good

Just a small update. Worked on mockup pics for the body. Got the floor plan drawings finished up. Working on the floor today. Here is a couple of the mockup pics:
Attached Images

Old 03-02-2011, 07:53 PM

Member Number: 12052
B/S/T Feedback: (0)

Great looking jeep and you have a lot of skill with the fab work you are doing on the frame, looking foward to the body pics if you still need some wheels from a 1/6 willy's let me know but I'm in Australia so I dont know what postage would be like.
Old 03-03-2011, 07:36 AM
Up to no good

Quote:
Originally Posted by greenjk View Post
Great looking jeep and you have a lot of skill with the fab work you are doing on the frame, looking foward to the body pics if you still need some wheels from a 1/6 willy's let me know but I'm in Australia so I dont know what postage would be like.
Thanks, didn't get a chance to work on the floor like I wanted to...life sometimes takes pecedence. Maybe today. Do you have pics of your wheels? I have some right now, but I'm always willing to look at some pics...might see something different.
Old 03-27-2011, 12:41 PM
Up to no good

Haven"t had a lot time lately to work on this. Been out of town working 7 days 16 hr shifts. Be back home next weekend...maybe get some thing done, and I'll post pics.
Old 04-05-2011, 01:04 AM
Up to no good

Just a small update...I was able to squeeze out a few hours this weekend to start the body.

I'm not happy with the center hump. Something is off...so I will rebuild that part before moving on. Out of town working for the next 2 weeks, so it will have to wait till I get back home. Here's the pics of what I've done so far.
Attached Images

Old 04-11-2011, 07:14 AM
I love my wife!!!!

Member Number: 1672
B/S/T Feedback: (2)

This is an awesome build! I am always so pleased to see a super stock build, I think we have enough lifted monstrosities around here..I think the make it break it will be selecting the correct tire for this one!
Old 04-12-2011, 02:59 AM
Up to no good

Thanks...I like the stock builds. Seems it's alot easier to create a scale modified offroader vehicle. Accessories are geered that way...wheels, tires, shocks, etc. I enjoy the more challenging projects based on stock builds.

[quote=...the make it break it will be selecting the correct tire for this one![/QUOTE]

??? Not sure I understand what you're saying here though.

Last edited by Willezcr8 : 04-12-2011 at 03:11 AM.
Old 04-30-2011, 06:01 PM
SORRY FOR THE AUTOMATIC TRANSLATOR TERRIBLE!

Member Number: 14781

Hello.
Great work done is sure he'll have a good seeing progress.
I have much interest in this subject because I have planned to build a M38A1 in escale 1/ 6 based on an old toy you buy a few days ago.

Uploaded with ImageShack.us

The M38A1 is the military version of your project?
This car is rare in my country and I find no documentation in my language. (apart from a civilian version manufactured in Argentina)
My problem is that the documents I found say that the width is 61 pulgada.Y I think that's a lot for this car.Are including mirrors or some other accessory?. It is the only measure of the Body?
I saw this car once at fairs and antique cars did not seem too great. . One such occasion was with a MB and only looked a little bigger. Can you help me?.
Sorry for the inconvenience and the English "automatic"
Greetings.

Last edited by padre : 04-30-2011 at 06:35 PM.
Old 04-30-2011, 11:30 PM
I love my wife!!!!

Member Number: 1672
B/S/T Feedback: (2)

I didnt mean any thing negative about your build friend, I was just saying to get this to look perfectly stock a good set of stock height/width tires and wheels will be needed! Im sure this build will end up in the top build section as soon as you finish!!!
Old 05-02-2011, 05:33 PM
Up to no good

Quote:
Originally Posted by padre View Post
Hello.
Great work done is sure he'll have a good seeing progress.
I have much interest in this subject because I have planned to build a M38A1 in escale 1/ 6 based on an old toy you buy a few days ago.

Uploaded with ImageShack.us

The M38A1 is the military version of your project?
This car is rare in my country and I find no documentation in my language. (apart from a civilian version manufactured in Argentina)
My problem is that the documents I found say that the width is 61 pulgada.Y I think that's a lot for this car.Are including mirrors or some other accessory?. It is the only measure of the Body?
I saw this car once at fairs and antique cars did not seem too great. . One such occasion was with a MB and only looked a little bigger. Can you help me?.
Sorry for the inconvenience and the English "automatic"
Greetings.
Padre - That's an awesome Jeep! I had one like that in 1960's as a kid, without the camo paint. I believe it to be a Hasbro for GI Joe. 61" seems a little wide...all the specs I have looked at have them at 59" wide(not including mirror). My 1:1 also measure about 59.5" - in scale, that's almost 10".
Although my build is similar to an M38A1, it's a CJ-6 which is the civilian version of the M170.

This is the M170

Try looking here for references

http://www.m38a1.com/

http://www.earlycj5.com/

Quote:
Originally Posted by RCJEEPBUILDER View Post
I didnt mean any thing negative about your build friend, I was just saying to get this to look perfectly stock a good set of stock height/width tires and wheels will be needed! Im sure this build will end up in the top build section as soon as you finish!!!
RCJEEPBUILDER - No problem, I didn't take it as negative, I just wasn't sure if there was a typo or what because it didn't make sense to me - maybe I was just reading backwards or something.

As for the scale stock rims...WIP (in thought at least). I have been going crazy trying to make this happen, and I'm very close. I'm using the same wheels from the willys MB that I will modify to resemble the stock civilian rims a little better. I have hex wheel adapters to bolt up to the wheels and then a set of front locking hubs. Tires will be narrowed MIL spec's or Spooky's. Should work out good.
Old 05-03-2011, 02:31 AM
SORRY FOR THE AUTOMATIC TRANSLATOR TERRIBLE!

Member Number: 14781

Bad news. My old toy is too small.
With measurements of 59.5 missing almost 3cm in width ...
My idea was to use the toy as a base for bonding styrene up to mimic the shapes and sizes of the m38.
30mm are much styrene ... will cut in half and add material!.
The toy was manufactured in Spain by Molto at 75-80.
I saw similar things on Ebay, but not equal.
Well, I'll keep this topic is very interesting.
Thank you very much.
Greetings.