Go Back   Scale 4x4 R/C Forums > Scale 4x4 R/C Trux! > 1/8, 1/6 and larger scale Trux!
Make payments with PayPal - it's fast, free and secure!

1/8, 1/6 and larger scale Trux! Discuss your large scale projects here, 1/8, 1/6 and larger scales. Juggy, TXT, Clod, TF, MF and similar based rigs.

Old 09-17-2017, 01:51 PM

Member Number: 25805
B/S/T Feedback: (0)
Default 1/6 scale driver figures

I wonder what driver figures other people use for their 1/6 scale rigs, any recommendations (preferably not too expensive) ?

I also wonder if there are any build threads regarding the 1/6 New Bright Ford F-150 Lightning. I only managed to find one on a French crawler site. Reason for my asking is that I have just bought a New Bright 1/6 Ford F-150 "Thunder".

Arjan
Sponsored Links

The sponsored ad above is only displayed to guests. Creat an account today to remove this ad!
Old 09-20-2017, 04:49 AM

The Eztec and New Bright "1/6" rc cars all have a similar wheelbase of about 42 cm. This means that the bigger a car is in real life the smaller the actual scale is of the Eztec or New Bright car. My Eztec Lincoln Navigator and New Bright Ford F-150 FX4, therefore, are probably closer to 1/8 scale. For these cars a 12" driver is no doubt too big. I think this 10" figure I've just ordered should fit behind the wheel of these cars.

http://www.disneystore.co.uk/sergean...015043152.html

Advantage is that it is a relatively cheap figure and probably fairly light as well. However, I don't like her sagging breasts and tiny hands . I will post some pics when the figure arrives.

Arjan

edit: I received an Eztec Ford F-350 today and it seems to be an exception in that it has a wheelbase of 46 cm instead of the standard 42 cm.

Last edited by reinaart : 10-04-2017 at 10:25 AM.
Old 09-21-2017, 09:05 AM

Yesterday I received my New Bright Ford F-150 "Thunder" from Germany. In real life the Ford Lightning is a rather small car so this New Bright truck is probably closer to 1/6 than 1/8. It's not surprising, therefore, that my soccer player fits well behind the steering wheel of this car:

Arjan
Old 09-27-2017, 09:02 AM

Today I received my Disney figure and I've tried to fit it into my Ford F-150 FX4 and Lincoln Navigator. The problem with almost all driver figures is that they sit too high because the plastic seats are obviously rigid and don't get compressed by the weight and don't conform to the shape of the body as happens in the real world. This means you either have to cut pieces off the driver's legs and butt or you have to cut holes into the seat.

Of course the driver is sitting too high but she is also a bit too big for the Ford :

She looks perfect for the Lincoln though if I make her sit lower :

Arjan
Old 09-28-2017, 02:48 AM
I need to think of something catchy here...

Member Number: 2402
B/S/T Feedback: (27)

I cant really help with what figures to use but for fitting them better you could heat the seat up a bit and use something to deform them a bit into a shape that hugs driver bit better. For the driver you could take the pants off and use a dremel or something to shave the thighs/butt down a bit then put the pants back on, while sitting in truck it wouldnt really be noticeable anyhow.
Old 09-28-2017, 09:05 AM

Fortunately, it wasn't too hard to remove the pants. Using a mini hacksaw I removed about 5mm from the waist area. I also cut off the hip joints and glued the legs back deeper into the hip sockets. After that I removed 5mm from the thigh area. I used milliput to blend the torso into the lower body and to fill some gaps. I will take some pics when the milliput has set. I'm quite pleased with the result so far, I just hope the trousers will still fit .

Regards,

Arjan

Last edited by reinaart : 09-28-2017 at 03:49 PM.
Old 09-29-2017, 05:00 AM

I've just taken some pics of the reworked figure. I have spared her the indignity of showing her without her pants . I think this lady does look the part :

It's difficult to take pics through the windscreen :

To sum up I think this is a very useful figure and it's quite cheap and light.

Arjan
Old 09-29-2017, 06:43 AM

looks good now for sure! If all else you may be able to trim a mil or two off bottom of seats where they meet the floor if you plan to go any lower.
Old 09-29-2017, 08:54 AM

Thanks for your response. After I had finished cutting I felt she was sitting a bit too low so I used Milliput to slightly raise the torso again. Perhaps I may remove some of this milliput at some point, this would be easy and I wouldn't even have to take off any of her clothes.

Regards,

Arjan
Old 11-20-2017, 12:26 PM

In France someone has apparently taken the trouble to calculate the exact scale of some of the better known New Bright "1/6" rc truck bodies :

http://rcscale-france.forumactif.com...1-6-new-bright

Arjan
Old 11-20-2017, 08:52 PM

Sweet! I had gotten a rough estimate of my raptor at 1/7.6 scale, hadn't gotten to it with the H2 or F350.

Side note: I wish I had cash to get a 3d printed interior for my F350 as I wasn't lucky enough to get the version with opening doors and interior. I might make a copy of the hummer interior even though it wouldnt be dead match for ford I could probably change a few things to get a decent result.
Old 11-21-2017, 03:51 AM

Hi Mr. Taco. I wonder which F-350 body you have got. Unfortunately, I'm not good at mathematics and computers so I also have to build the old school way . The problem is that having stuff printed in 1/6-1/8 scale is not commercially viable because there is simply not enough demand. This means that it is very expensive to have someone print something for you in this scale.

To return to the subject of scale driver figures. My Disney figure also fits in this Eztec Mini although a slightly bigger figure would probably be better :

Unfortunately, there does not seem to be much choice in suitable 1/7-1/8 scale driver figures. I only have one rc car big enough for 12" figures :

Regards,

Arjan
Old 11-21-2017, 10:17 AM

Mine is an EZtec f350 but it is the Harley Davidson color scheme one with black windows instead of clear.

I have been keeping eye out on roughly 10" figures and came across some from a company named Mcfarlane including few of the walking dead characters with props. Their website is bit odd to navigate though so you really have to look through to figure out scale on a 1 by 1 type of search. (they do list scale in description but you have to click on them first usually)