Go Back   Scale 4x4 R/C Forums > Monsters, Scale 4X2, & Non scale R/C > Rock Crawlers
Make payments with PayPal - it's fast, free and secure!

Rock Crawlers For those Rock crawling, stone sliding, body scratching, articulation crackheads; this place is for you!

Old 05-19-2017, 10:30 AM

Member Number: 25545
B/S/T Feedback: (0)
Smile ever tried First person view on rock crawler?

this is the first video clip of my life, got my action camera(made in china) mounted on my axial 90047(modified), see things different, lots of fun seriously, i know there still a lot of room to improve but really had a good time with my friend. see if you like it this way.

Sponsored Links

The sponsored ad above is only displayed to guests. Creat an account today to remove this ad!
Old 05-19-2017, 11:43 AM
Rollin' in the winnie

Member Number: 4269
B/S/T Feedback: (26)

It's a neat perspective. It's interesting how it keeps the camera level even though the truck obviously wouldn't be.
Need the outside driver door chase scene camera that captures the front wheel.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Old 05-19-2017, 08:51 PM
I need to think of something catchy here...

Member Number: 2402
B/S/T Feedback: (27)

Nice vid! The cameras are getting smaller and smaller not to mention cheaper and cheaper, kinda neat to be able to see things from that view. Now imagine having a screen on your radio and the only way to drive the truck was from that screen, would add a good bit of difficulty to any trail lol.
Old 05-20-2017, 05:40 AM
Do you ever leave the board?

Member Number: 20276
B/S/T Feedback: (1)

Very cool to see, is the stabilizing feature software or mechanical device on the camera mount? Pretty sure it is software since it is so stable, but thought I'd ask. Edit: just googled gimbal stabilizer, this is an actual stabilizer camera mount, awesome! result is impressive.

One thing I would really like to see is if you mount the camera just a bit back so you can see the hood and the front wheels of the truck. That would be just right to help drive it from the first person view, and not see the truck. You could see your tires and how they fit with obstacles etc. Since on 1:1 you can look through windows and turn your head, it would be closer to what you can see on a 1:1.

Also would be really cool to see the front of the truck since it would move (the camera view being stable, the truck would rotate on obstacles etc). Just like a video game lol! But I am guessing you had to remove the body of the truck to put the camera and stabilizer. Would be a shame to hack a front body half just for video purpose lol!
Old 06-06-2017, 08:44 AM
neiltf2

Member Number: 25593
B/S/T Feedback: (0)

That looks really steady mate! I could do with some of them for my channel to be honest ;-)