Go Back   Scale 4x4 R/C Forums > In General > General R/C Banter > Scale 4x4 R/C Competitions and Gatherings
Make payments with PayPal - it's fast, free and secure!

Scale 4x4 R/C Competitions and Gatherings Official Competitions and get togethers

Old 06-07-2009, 08:30 PM

Member Number: 7785
B/S/T Feedback: (0)

I plan on bringing my 2.2 AMC Pacer (rebuilding right now) from North Carolina. Also, I'll have my crawling girl Frogbear there for 2.2 class. I'm working now to make them legal. *wrench, wrench, cut, curse, bleed*

Its our first comp YAY!

So that's:

Zod Rhombus.........2.2..........North Carolina
Frogbear...............2.2..........North Carolina

Looking forward to it.
Sponsored Links

The sponsored ad above is only displayed to guests. Creat an account today to remove this ad!
Old 06-10-2009, 02:38 PM
midlifer

Member Number: 4424
B/S/T Feedback: (3)

Latest signups added to drivers list.

Also, I made an update to the Special XC/CC01 class with some clarification on permitted tires:

Quote:
  • Only OEM 1.9 tires will be allowed (no cut&shut/reduced 2.2 tires are permitted for this special class)
    edit Note (6-10-09): This note is for clarification on tires allowed for the Special XC/CC01 class- There was a question about whether the stock Tamiya BFG's were the only tire permitted. Any manufacturer's 1.9 tire is allowed. So, if you want to run any of RC4WD's 1.9 tires like Mud Slingers or Rock Crushers, that's fine. Proline's 1.9 Flat Irons are also permitted. The rule on tires was only established to exclude cut & shut/reduced 2.2 tires for this special class.

"I got a fever, and the only prescription is more cowbell!"
Old 06-10-2009, 06:00 PM
Everything I own is dusty

Member Number: 464

I guess go ahead an add me to the list of attendees, for 2.2 and ,hopefully, XC.

Hell I might try for a 1.9 by then.

Old 06-11-2009, 12:36 AM
bye for now

Member Number: 450

Im there. Not participating for now since im not sure with what right now and i keep building stuff in either the "wrong" scale or stuff thats not trailable.

But theres 40 days to go so... who knows.
Old 06-13-2009, 08:29 AM
creepy

Member Number: 7867
Default pics

where can i find some pics of the terrrain so i can see wich vehical ill be bringing?

thanks
Old 06-13-2009, 10:06 AM
midlifer

Quote:
Originally Posted by creepy rob View Post
where can i find some pics of the terrrain so i can see wich vehical ill be bringing?

thanks
The rock surface at the comp site is pretty gritty and you can get good traction. (It's not a slick/smooth surface like river rock)

A few days ago I noticed that almost all the info on the first post was missing, including the pictures. There must have been some type of glitch/gremlin the last time I edited/updated the drivers list.

Thankfully, I found a recent copy of the first post that skillet had copied to another website. (thanks skillet, I was in panic mode)

Anyway, I've still got to clean up the first post and get the drivers list back up to date, but for now I got the pictures of the terrain back up. (the terrain pics are at the bottom of the first post on page 1), Sorry for that inconvenience.

What we are thinking about right now is having two courses for both 1.9 and 2.2 classes. Each class will likely have a course that's mainly scale rock crawling, with the other course that's more of a "trail" course. The "trail" courses will be more of a mixture of dirt (& possibly a little mud) and some bare rock. The course for the Special CC01 class will probably be a mixture of trail and light scale rock crawling.

Old 06-13-2009, 09:57 PM
creepy

thanks man

Quote:
Originally Posted by DixieScaler View Post
The rock surface at the comp site is pretty gritty and you can get good traction. (It's not a slick/smooth surface like river rock)

A few days ago I noticed that almost all the info on the first post was missing, including the pictures. There must have been some type of glitch/gremlin the last time I edited/updated the drivers list.

Thankfully, I found a recent copy of the first post that skillet had copied to another website. (thanks skillet, I was in panic mode)

Anyway, I've still got to clean up the first post and get the drivers list back up to date, but for now I got the pictures of the terrain back up. (the terrain pics are at the bottom of the first post on page 1), Sorry for that inconvenience.

What we are thinking about right now is having two courses for both 1.9 and 2.2 classes. Each class will likely have a course that's mainly scale rock crawling, with the other course that's more of a "trail" course. The "trail" courses will be more of a mixture of dirt (& possibly a little mud) and some bare rock. The course for the Special CC01 class will probably be a mixture of trail and light scale rock crawling.
Old 06-16-2009, 08:32 AM
Just chilling and working on some scale stuff

Member Number: 1512
B/S/T Feedback: (2)

I hope someone takes a lot of photos!!
Old 06-16-2009, 02:19 PM
I never leave, but my wife did!

Member Number: 2141
B/S/T Feedback: (4)

Looks like im riding down with salmonfacesalad for sure. 1.9 for me for sure. I hope theres mud and water!
Old 06-16-2009, 04:07 PM
midlifer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Racer4Life View Post
I hope someone takes a lot of photos!!
Since I enjoy taking pics & vids so much, I'm hoping to be able to do a lot of that. Hopefully we can get some volunteers to help some with officiating so I can do my thang with the photo's. And along with others that I'm sure will bring their cameras, there should be lots to look at afterwards.

Quote:
Originally Posted by ColbyTheKid View Post
Looks like im riding down with salmonfacesalad for sure. 1.9 for me for sure. I hope theres mud and water!
Ok Colby, I'll get you added back to the list.

I'm strongly considering trucking in some water in containers in case the nearby mudhole happens to be dried up. Like I mentioned in the first post, any mud/water that are within the comp courses shouldn't be much over axle deep. But I'm thinking it would be cool to have some mud in the trail portions.

Old 06-16-2009, 05:34 PM
creepy

[quote=DixieScaler;479437]Since I enjoy taking pics & vids so much, I'm hoping to be able to do a lot of that. Hopefully we can get some volunteers to help some with officiating so I can do my thang with the photo's. And along with others that I'm sure will bring their cameras, there should be lots to look at afterwards.

lol i cant drive without my camera going lol. gotta catch that special moment.... for sunday anyways...

Old 06-17-2009, 12:16 AM
Dirty South

Member Number: 2330
B/S/T Feedback: (9)

I'm not sure I have said here before . BUT I HATE MUD !!!!!!
Old 06-17-2009, 06:32 PM
creepy

? for anyone really but i guess for dixie scaler, ok im a cheapskate and do not have a spread spec radio.....this is for sundays trail riding etc.... is there some way of finding out everyones channels before the big weekend that are still using crystals or is that just something that normally everyone just crosses there fingers on... i just know that im driving a looong ways and not as far as some but its a long ways to go and end up with channel conflicts with the large number signed up.. if this is something you guys dont usually worry about just let me know but its just a thought on my end...

thanks,

creepy
Old 06-17-2009, 09:32 PM
midlifer

Quote:
Originally Posted by creepy rob View Post
? for anyone really but i guess for dixie scaler, ok im a cheapskate and do not have a spread spec radio.....this is for sundays trail riding etc.... is there some way of finding out everyones channels before the big weekend that are still using crystals or is that just something that normally everyone just crosses there fingers on... i just know that im driving a looong ways and not as far as some but its a long ways to go and end up with channel conflicts with the large number signed up.. if this is something you guys dont usually worry about just let me know but its just a thought on my end...

thanks,

creepy
I've only been to one real scale comp, but I've been to many touring car races and the usual expectation, to avoid radio conflicts, is to have at least one alternate crystal set. Two or more extra sets is even better. As much as I would like to have a better answer for you, I think there is a bit of "cross your fingers" involved maybe.

One difference with the touring car races though is that even if there is a shortage of open channels, not all drivers are racing at once since there's usually many different classes. But with an event like ours, it will be expected and normal for almost all the people in attendance to have their radios going at once, especially on the trail rides.

I've been to a couple of large Tamiya Championship Series races, and it is a part of the sign-up process to list your preferred frequency, then list your alternates (on the sign up form). Then the race director tries to sort it all out to avoid possible conflicts.

We (those of us hosting the event) have not really discussed this radio issue except that there will be a sign up sheet for when everyone gets there to list their preferred channels and alternates. And that will be the starting point to identify any possible conflicts.

I know this may not solve your worry, but at least I hope I've shed some light on the matter for you. My suggestion would be to try and have at least one extra set of crystals if possible.

The positive news is that with the advent of spread spectrum technology, and how it's becoming commonplace, is that many more people have it now, thus there should be lower chances for conflict than without it.

If anyone else has some ideas and wants to contribute to this discussion, then please feel free.

Also, one question I had here is regarding AM radios. Am i remembering correctly that there's only about 6 different AM frequencies for land RC cars? I'm not sure, but I could see where we might have a problem for the AM's if that's the case.

Old 06-18-2009, 05:26 PM
creepy

[quote=DixieScaler;480134]I've only been to one real scale comp, but I've been to many touring car races and the usual expectation, to avoid radio conflicts, is to have at least one alternate crystal set. Two or more extra sets is even better. As much as I would like to have a better answer for you, I think there is a bit of "cross your fingers" involved maybe.

thanks, if you end up wanting to post channels here let me know and ill get mine.. otherwise ill take as much precautions as possible. short of buying a spec...