Go Back   Scale 4x4 R/C Forums > In General > General R/C Banter > Scale 4x4 R/C Competitions and Gatherings
Make payments with PayPal - it's fast, free and secure!

Scale 4x4 R/C Competitions and Gatherings Official Competitions and get togethers

Old 06-26-2009, 05:18 PM
midlifer

Member Number: 4424
B/S/T Feedback: (3)

Quote:
Originally Posted by nascarkeith3 View Post
DixieScaler how did you know I was working on a Hi-lift jack? I got it finished up and strapped on Wednesday.
answer: alien implant

I see you're proudly flying the scale4x4rc colors. Neat on the front license plate as well.

Oh, I been meaning to tell you, and the others whom I gave those other tags to, that they need to be sealed for protection against water. I recommend ultra clear packing tape. Those (the ones I made) will probably run if they come in contact with water.

Also, I've been working on another little decal project. I'll unveil it here soon as I am hammering out the last little details on it.

BTW, Keith, your trucks looks great and nice work on the scratch built jack!

"I got a fever, and the only prescription is more cowbell!"
Sponsored Links

The sponsored ad above is only displayed to guests. Creat an account today to remove this ad!
Old 06-26-2009, 11:08 PM
midlifer

All drivers competing in Day 1 scale comp classes will receive a unique driver number, and decal to affix to their rig, as they sign up the morning of the comp. (if there are any leftovers, I'll give them out after comp events are finished).

These are not the best resolution quality, but there's the best I could do with what I have. They are removable, but the way I had to layer them up, they are pretty much ruined after you take them off. But the good news is the back adhesive layer that comes in contact with the windshield is vinyl-like and shouldn't leave a damaging residue behind. (hopefully, hehe)

Example:

Of course "LRC" stands for "Little Rock City"

I'm trying to make plenty for the scale oncomers....

Old 06-27-2009, 12:09 AM
Admin - Founder of Minions for LCS (are you with me or against me?)

Member Number: 19
B/S/T Feedback: (1)

Looking great boss, you guys are gonna really make this a excellent comp.

"Yeah, I would give myself plenty of work...but me paying myself isnt a good thing. I would hate to give me a line of credit on any work I or me may be doing for myself ..... wait I'm confusing myself."

1st Place in 2010 Scale Summer Comp in 1.9 WW and CCO1 classes.
Old 06-27-2009, 01:14 AM
midlifer

Quote:
Originally Posted by LastClodStanding View Post
Looking great boss, you guys are gonna really make this a excellent comp.
Thanks! And I'm hoping you are gonna help make this an excellent comp too!! LOL. We're gonna need you to help set up the two 2.2 courses if you don't mind. I don't really have a good feel for what a 2.2 scale rig is capable of. I'm all 1.9 right now, so I'm hoping you can help set up those 2.2 gates. We plan to have a little selection of scale bridges for you to scatter through the routes also. You remember how there were some impassable gaps in some areas? The little bridges can link them together for some longer routes.

Andy, Brandon, and I met up there recently and I feel like we have a pretty good handle on what we want to do with the 1.9 & CC01 courses, but we only have general areas figured for 2.2 so far.

Old 06-27-2009, 10:15 PM

No problems man. I will be glad to help. Now days 2.2 and 1.9 scale can almost share a course, but we can make the 2.2's more difficult and complicated.

"Yeah, I would give myself plenty of work...but me paying myself isnt a good thing. I would hate to give me a line of credit on any work I or me may be doing for myself ..... wait I'm confusing myself."

Old 06-27-2009, 11:19 PM
midlifer

Quote:
No problems man. I will be glad to help. Now days 2.2 and 1.9 scale can almost share a course, but we can make the 2.2's more difficult and complicated.
Sweet!

Andy & I got some bridges made today. Making some wider for the 2.2's. Still have some left to do....but it's fun work

I had planned to be further along at this point in time, but that 2+ months my family was out of our house due to repairs really put a grinding halt to my RC activities.

We're in good shape overall though. Brandon is working on some signs also.

Old 06-28-2009, 01:57 AM

Good deal man, glad to hear the family is back on track.

You making rustic bridges or something more modern looking? I am gonna try and bring some misc material to the site also for some bridge construction or anything else.

Ordered some more goodies from RPP tonight also....man I have got to get my act together and get these trucks done.

Old 06-28-2009, 11:25 AM
midlifer

Quote:
You making rustic bridges or something more modern looking? I am gonna try and bring some misc material to the site also for some bridge construction or anything else.
It will end up being a variety, but they are mostly rustic. We completed two log bridges that look really good, even though they are very simple in design. They are made from small, short firewood pieces from a tree I cut down about 3 years ago, so the pieces are completely weathered & rustic looking. Some more bridges and ramps will be based on some old, very weathered 2"x2"s.

One (either ramp or bridge) in the CC01 course will be made to custom fit a CC01 track width. It will likely be a pair of the 2x2's, as rails to also serve as a dexterity test.

I've accepted the fact that I won't have my Hilux #2 build finished in time for the comp. But that's ok, because I don't really want to rush this build anyway. The good thing is this will relax me a little to work on more event preparation and details on my running rigs.

edit: I missed the part where you said you may bring some materials. That'd be great too. I'm gonna put it on my list to bring my cordless drill + a screw variety to help with stuff like that.

Old 06-29-2009, 02:24 PM
I wish electronics and water could get along

Member Number: 3566
B/S/T Feedback: (5)

Alien implant, huh? How many scale points you get for that Heath?

Thanks for the kind words on the rigs and jack. My SDI fender flares came in today so the Blazer is officially finished.

At least until I see something else I want to do to it. Brandon had already spilled the beans on the decals. That is an awesome idea and they look great!

You mentioning your hi-lift made me think of a conversation I had with wireguy the other day. He thought it would be cool to have a hi-lift only class like the xc class. Maybe that could be added next year if all goes well and maybe this year the hi-lift guys could get a side bet going after the main comps or before the trail ride Sunday morning.

Since I want to win something, how about a Goody's Headache award for whoever takes the gnarliest tumble. I can just drive my Silverado off the cliff again and win that one!

Last edited by nascarkeith3 : 06-29-2009 at 04:49 PM.
Old 07-01-2009, 10:01 PM

I like the idea of a HL only class.....wait I sold my HL...guess I would have to buy a Tundra then .......(my wife is giving the back of my head a dirty look as I feel her reading what I type over my shoulder.......)

Old 07-01-2009, 10:39 PM
midlifer

Quote:
Originally Posted by nascarkeith3 View Post
You mentioning your hi-lift made me think of a conversation I had with wireguy the other day. He thought it would be cool to have a hi-lift only class like the xc class. Maybe that could be added next year if all goes well and maybe this year the hi-lift guys could get a side bet going after the main comps or before the trail ride Sunday morning.
Quote:
I like the idea of a HL only class.....wait I sold my HL...guess I would have to buy a Tundra then .......(my wife is giving the back of my head a dirty look as I feel her reading what I type over my shoulder.......)

Yea, I'd be all for expanding and or mixing up the classes for a future event. I'm just hoping everything goes well for this one and we'll see what we want to do next time. One thing for sure we've already talked about changing is the time of year....dog days of summer in the deep south?...what were we thinking?

Old 07-02-2009, 12:14 PM
Wasting Time'r

Member Number: 3488
B/S/T Feedback: (5)

Decals look great Heath. I plan to make alot of progress on the signs this weekend. I have been trying to put my truck together this week
Old 07-03-2009, 09:08 AM
Wasting Time'r

Member Number: 2725
B/S/T Feedback: (2)

The JK has been ready for some time for this

Old 07-04-2009, 07:34 PM
creepy

Member Number: 7867
B/S/T Feedback: (0)
Default unfortunatly out....... for comp.

very angered and disapointed to say im not going to be able to make it to the comp... but will be there for the trail ride on sunday......

my oppologies... my shift changed at work as of this coming week and i wont be allowed off work in time to make it down sat.....
Old 07-04-2009, 08:29 PM
midlifer

Quote:
Originally Posted by creepy rob View Post
very angered and disapointed to say im not going to be able to make it to the comp... but will be there for the trail ride on sunday......

my oppologies... my shift changed at work as of this coming week and i wont be allowed off work in time to make it down sat.....
No apology needed rob. I understand that sometimes unforseen things happen that are out of our control. I missed the last Augusta meet due to illness, but there was nothing I could have done to prevent it.

In the scope of things, this stuff is just bonus. I know peoples' jobs and families come first. No worries.

We look forward to seeing you for the Sunday trail ride if things work out for you.

p.s. sorry I haven't been on vimeo much lately. Been busy with event preparations that I haven't taken any video to speak of since around February....