Go Back   Scale 4x4 R/C Forums > In General > General R/C Banter > Scale 4x4 R/C Competitions and Gatherings
Make payments with PayPal - it's fast, free and secure!

Scale 4x4 R/C Competitions and Gatherings Official Competitions and get togethers

Old 07-11-2009, 03:31 PM
Wasting Time'r

Member Number: 2725
B/S/T Feedback: (2)

Quote:
Originally Posted by rubiredunlmtd View Post
who do i need to inform.. to put me
down for the 1.9 class.
The list is mainly just to see how many people were gonna show up. It's nothing set in stone.

The sponsored ad above is only displayed to guests. Creat an account today to remove this ad!
Old 07-11-2009, 06:35 PM
midlifer

Member Number: 4424
B/S/T Feedback: (3)

Quote:
Originally Posted by constantmotion View Post
The list is mainly just to see how many people were gonna show up. It's nothing set in stone.
That's right. Also, it's ok if anyone wants to bring additional people and we'll just sign them up on comp morning.

I added you to the drivers list rubiredunlmtd. Thanks for the interest in making the trip. And to answer your question, yes there is a huge lake nearby called "Weiss Lake". There is a boat launch area not too far from the comp event area, I'd guess about 10-15 minutes. From the intersection of AL Hwy 68 and US Hwy 411, it's only about a mile, and you can't miss it. It appears to be a public access boat launch. I'm sure there are tons of other places to access the lake, but that's the easiest public one I know of.

From this pic taken near the comp site, you can see part of Weiss lake in the background:

"I got a fever, and the only prescription is more cowbell!"
Old 07-12-2009, 07:23 PM
I never leave, but my wife did!

Member Number: 2141
B/S/T Feedback: (4)

Please sign up my buddy Agus from GA, I beleive his SN on here is Sakebomb77. He will be comming down on sat. to compete. Thanks
Old 07-12-2009, 10:26 PM
midlifer

Exclamation

Some big updates for the upcoming event!

Sponsor Prizes
There will be door prizes raffled away. RC4WD, The Crawler Store (TCS), and Createacrawler.com will be providing the goodies. Big thanks to our sponsors for supporting this event. (note: prizes will be given away on comp day, Saturday)

At this moment, I do not know specifically what these prizes will be. Matt (Jugg2Driver) has been coordinating the sponsor prizes, so it will be a surprise to me as well as those attending.

The prizes will be given away as door prizes, through random drawings. Each participant will receive one free ticket. Additional tickets are optional, and are offered for purchase as follows:
  • One additional ticket will be $5
  • Or you can get three additional tickets for $10

Awards

There will be a first place award plaque for each of the three classes' winners.

There will also be a "Best of Show" plaque awarded. The "Best of Show" winner will be voted on by all the participants. To qualify for "Best of Show", the rig must be entered in the Day 1 Saturday competition and run the course(s) in its class. All three classes are eligible for "Best of Show".

Weekend Schedule

Check back here in this thread in about a week for a schedule of events. I will list the start times for Driver signups, Tech Inspection & Scale points scoring, Driver's Meeting, and then the start of course driving. (note: things will probably get started pretty early on Saturday morning to make sure we have time to get everything done, but I'll list some times later)

Small update on Lodging

While in the area recently, I noticed another great motel option. The name of it is "Leesburg Lodge", and it even closer than Days Inn and the Centre Motel. It's very near the intersection of AL Hwy 68 and US Hwy 411 (northeast of that intersection). The phone number for Leesburg Lodge is 256-526-7378, and it's a normal looking motel.

PREVIEW PICS of some of the bridges

Brandon (nodnarb81), Andy (lappdogg), and I got up to the site this past weekend to try out some of the bridgework and ramps we've made for this event.

First, here's some shots of the longest bridge: (Andy's son's Cameron's SCX10 Scout)

Here's Brandon's Pajero negotiating a CC01 class ramp:

And a couple more of his Pajero cautiously driving along a (scale) cliff's edge:

And finally, we spotted a praying mantis, exhibiting its orange camouflage: (this was very interesting to me because I thought all praying mantis's were green, I didn't know they were masters of camouflage)

We hope everyone is getting ready for this, as we're very excited to be hosting this event.

-Heath

Old 07-13-2009, 08:47 PM
I wish electronics and water could get along

Member Number: 3566
B/S/T Feedback: (5)

Ramps and bridges look good. I appreciate all the hard work you guys are putting into this deal. I am really looking forward to it. Great paint on the Scout.
Old 07-13-2009, 09:35 PM
Home of the XC Retirement Community

Member Number: 881
B/S/T Feedback: (20)

That looks awsome. Im still plannin on commin up that away. Gettin back to work on my rigs, had one of em runnin a couple months ago, but took parts off.. I need to hurry. lol...

Gettin excited now..
Old 07-14-2009, 03:23 PM
buildn a scale armada!

Member Number: 3210
B/S/T Feedback: (17)

nice!
and thanks!

you guys need some scale trail signs made up?
http://www.rccrawler.com/forum/showthread.php?t=181499
Old 07-14-2009, 03:57 PM
midlifer

Quote:
Originally Posted by rubiredunlmtd View Post
nice!
and thanks!

you guys need some scale trail signs made up?
http://www.rccrawler.com/forum/showthread.php?t=181499

Thanks for the offer, but we do already have some scale signs lined up. But you are welcome to bring anything extra that you want.

Speaking of bringing things, we will have a couple of ez-up type canopies there, but more would be great for people to seek shelter from the sun. Just thought I'd throw that out there in case anyone out there might want to bring theirs.

Old 07-14-2009, 06:13 PM

Speaking of shade, i notice trees in the backgrounds, how much useable natural shade will there be? Or will it be too far off the course or not flat for tables? Just wondering. Will have to look into portable roofs, thought we had one here, will have to look for it.
Old 07-14-2009, 06:23 PM

I have 2 really big tables I plan to bring. Im still not sure if we are camping out or not.. still have to make sure on that. Sakebomb77 will be running 1.9 btw. forgot to mention it
Old 07-14-2009, 10:06 PM
midlifer

Quote:
Originally Posted by truckerbuddy2 View Post
Speaking of shade, i notice trees in the backgrounds, how much useable natural shade will there be? Or will it be too far off the course or not flat for tables? Just wondering. Will have to look into portable roofs, thought we had one here, will have to look for it.
There will some partial shade nearby from those trees, but most of the best shade is in areas with some undergrowth that may have some poison oak. Good observation though. Where the majority of the courses will be laid out is among all those rock outcroppings, so most of that is in the open. There's one specific flat area we've identified where we plan to set up our canopies, and be the center for operations (signup, tech insp, etc., water coolers, etc).

Quote:
Originally Posted by ColbyTheKid View Post
I have 2 really big tables I plan to bring. Im still not sure if we are camping out or not.. still have to make sure on that. Sakebomb77 will be running 1.9 btw. forgot to mention it
Hey that would be great if you brought a table or two. I have a few I'm bringing, but another couple would be great for extra space for people to tinker with their rigs.

Old 07-15-2009, 12:01 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by DixieScaler View Post

Hey that would be great if you brought a table or two. I have a few I'm bringing, but another couple would be great for extra space for people to tinker with their rigs.
I also have a EZ-up I will try to throw in. It will be alot of shiz to bring with all the camping stuff, crawlers, tools, people, and tables ya know?
Old 07-15-2009, 06:04 PM

Member Number: 3155
B/S/T Feedback: (0)

Do you guys have a plan for Sat as to when each class will be running?
Old 07-15-2009, 07:50 PM
midlifer

Quote:
Originally Posted by TLTRyan View Post
Do you guys have a plan for Sat as to when each class will be running?
If we have a big crowd, meaning if almost everyone that's signed up now shows, then we may have to run all classes concurrently. That's what we're preparing for, assuming we can draft a few volunteers who are comfortable scoring.

We have planned to run long courses, about 20 gates per course. That means 1.9 and 2.2 will have a total of about 40 gates each, because each will have an "A" and "B" course. CC01 Special Class will only have one course, but it will be 22 gates minimum.

Ideally, we'd prefer to run one class at a time. I think we will really strive to do one at a time, that way more people will have a chance to watch other people's runs and take pics, etc. We're just gonna have to see how many folks turn out.

If we don't run more than one class at a time, we have not discussed which class will go first or last.

Roughly, we are looking at signups beginning pretty early, like 7:30 or 8:00 am, with competition runs starting around 9:30 or so. This isn't set in stone yet, and I plan to make another update next week with more solid times.

If we do run one at a time, does anyone have any preference to which class is run first, last?

Old 07-15-2009, 08:49 PM

Im not too experienced with scale comps, but if your trying to do it all in one day, would it make sense to let the rigs that may take the longest go first? Just throwing out an idea. But my other thought on that would be that the course will most likly be set up in a way to test each class to its breaking point, wich then would make my first question null and void. I personaly dont have a preference.

Also, will there be a time limit per course? I know some of our 2.2 comp courses had time outs, but that was a strange day with an extremely long for comp course. Also we have used point outs before, hit a set number of points, point out for that gate and basicaly jump to the next gate. Just something that may help things move along if your wanting to go that route.