Go Back   Scale 4x4 R/C Forums > In General > General R/C Banter > Scale 4x4 R/C Competitions and Gatherings
Make payments with PayPal - it's fast, free and secure!

Scale 4x4 R/C Competitions and Gatherings Official Competitions and get togethers

Old 07-27-2009, 08:46 PM
Dirty South

Member Number: 2330
B/S/T Feedback: (9)

Here is some Rooster took on my camera of the Blazer . Thanks Rooster

The sponsored ad above is only displayed to guests. Creat an account today to remove this ad!
Old 07-27-2009, 09:42 PM
Home of the XC Retirement Community

Member Number: 881
B/S/T Feedback: (20)

the pictures are turning out awsome. i wish i were still there bashin my rigs.

lookin foward to next time, hope i get the mods done to the dually in time, altho with the mods, i doubt i would want to run it. not meaning i wont run it, just wouldnt want to. haha...

was there ever any mud action after we left sunday?
Old 07-27-2009, 10:18 PM
midlifer

Member Number: 4424
B/S/T Feedback: (3)

Wow great videos so far guys. If I could stop watching the vids up so far and all the great pics then maybe I could get started on mine.

Truckerbuddy, no we didn't end up having a mud bog Sunday. Maybe next time. We did have some fun trail rides though.

Gonna try and get the winner pics up tonight and maybe a few more misc shots. Stay tuned!

"I got a fever, and the only prescription is more cowbell!"
Old 07-27-2009, 10:48 PM
...is always in the shop...

Member Number: 7
B/S/T Feedback: (0)

Wow guys! Me and my wife really need to make it out next year, seriously. Great pics and vids everybody.

Old 07-27-2009, 10:51 PM
Admin - Founder of Minions for LCS (are you with me or against me?)

Member Number: 19
B/S/T Feedback: (1)

I want to extend my appologies to everyone for my 2.2 course...lol I setup it with my Jeep on Friday, then on comp day it destroyed everyones rigs lol including mine. My driveshafts look like a bad game of twister.

"Yeah, I would give myself plenty of work...but me paying myself isnt a good thing. I would hate to give me a line of credit on any work I or me may be doing for myself ..... wait I'm confusing myself."

1st Place in 2010 Scale Summer Comp in 1.9 WW and CCO1 classes.
Old 07-27-2009, 11:08 PM
midlifer

Congratulations to the winners, displaying some awesome driving skills. It was also interesting waiting for the "Best of Show" winner to be announced as there were some sweet rigs to choose from.

1.9 Class Winner......theROOSTER
All I can say is I wish I could have seen his runs, I hear they were awesome. Rooster aced both 1.9 courses like a pro, incurring ZERO penalty points!. And 1.9 course #1 was quite challenging and technical. Great job!!!!!

CC-01 Class Winner....nascarKeith
Keith came out on top in our special CC01/XC class, but constantmotion gave him a run for his money with only a two point margin of victory. Congrats Keith! Was glad to hear you enjoyed the course so much.

2.2 Class Winner.....rubiredunlmtd
The 2.2 class had to endure one beast of a course and Josh placed first to earn the victory. Glad you came to join us all the way from Arkansas!

"Best of Show" winner.....Badd
Andy had an excellent looking Blazer, but it wasn't just all show, as it also proved to be a very capable rig. Sweet build Badd!

Another view of the great prizes. I think just about all the comp contestants left with some loot.

nascarKeith was so tickled with his new X-trail chassis provided by The Crawler Store that he rebuilt his 1.9 rig right on the spot and had it up and running again with the new chassis in just a couple hours!!

We had a little of everything going on it the pits....

The weather held up for us on Day 2:

Old 07-27-2009, 11:27 PM
I never leave, but my wife did!

Member Number: 2141
B/S/T Feedback: (4)

Quote:
Originally Posted by LastClodStanding View Post
I want to extend my appologies to everyone for my 2.2 course...lol I setup it with my Jeep on Friday, then on comp day it destroyed everyones rigs lol including mine. My driveshafts look like a bad game of twister.
Hey man dont worry about it, Im just glad I got around the side hill on my first try, until my battery came unloose I too lost a rear shaft, then said screw it and tried the last gates and ended up rolling her head over hills
Congrats to the winners, and Great driving Jason.
Old 07-27-2009, 11:57 PM
I wish electronics and water could get along

Member Number: 3566
B/S/T Feedback: (5)

I didn't take but about 3 pics on my phone because I knew you guys were taking lots of pics and video. Ya'll didn't disappoint. Thanks for all those who thought my rigs looked good enough to post a pic of.

As Dixie Scaler has already mentioned, I don't have a lot of patience. At the swap meet that broke out Sunday I picked up this little beauty.

All day it felt like I was driving someone else's rig and I couldn't wait to mod it. This is how it sits one day later.

I was really impressed with everyone who came out. The attitudes and atmosphere was great. Too the best of my knowledge everyone had fun and know one got there feelings hurt. Sure some of us snapped some drive shafts, had some parts failures, and ran up scores way over 100 on just two courses but we all had fun. There are not many places or hobbies that than can happen when you get that many people together for that long.

I miss it already. So.................................... what are you guys doing next weekend?

Last edited by nascarkeith3 : 07-28-2009 at 12:22 AM.
Old 07-28-2009, 11:20 AM

I am ready myself for the next installment in the LRC Scale Comps. Looking for some cooler weather so we can do some camping....

Hopefully I will have the Losi MRC converted to a scaler by then.

"Yeah, I would give myself plenty of work...but me paying myself isnt a good thing. I would hate to give me a line of credit on any work I or me may be doing for myself ..... wait I'm confusing myself."

Old 07-28-2009, 01:06 PM
Lack of Time'r

Member Number: 2050
B/S/T Feedback: (7)

I agree with the other guys that have posted: Most fun I've had at a comp in a LONG time!!

DixieScaler, Lappdogg, Jugg2Driver, nodnarb, and LCS y'all did an awesome job!! The event was very organized and laid back. The courses were awesome, and labeling the gate markers with letters and numbers made it easy to know where to go next. I just hope next time you guys get to compete and play instead of judging all day.

Lappdogg, your boys kept us cracking up all day!!

I already have the Stage3 lockers that I won installed in my truck. Thanks to the sponsors!!
I appreciate the nice plaque as well!

Is anybody going to post the complete results of each class?

Last edited by TheROOSTER : 07-28-2009 at 01:54 PM.
Old 07-28-2009, 03:17 PM
I build lots of Toyotas

Member Number: 188
B/S/T Feedback: (9)

Quote:
Originally Posted by DixieScaler View Post

nascarKeith was so tickled with his new X-trail chassis provided by The Crawler Store that he rebuilt his 1.9 rig right on the spot and had it up and running again with the new chassis in just a couple hours!!

Now that is cool to hear and see
07 wrx
Old 07-28-2009, 03:28 PM
I wish electronics and water could get along

Member Number: 3566
B/S/T Feedback: (5)

Thanks 1BadJeepBruiser. I was glad to get it. I already have an Axial skid and a few other parts on the way to complete the chassis correctly. It did so well thrown together I can't wait to see how it performs when built right.
Old 07-28-2009, 08:14 PM
midlifer

Quote:
Originally Posted by TheROOSTER View Post
I agree with the other guys that have posted: Most fun I've had at a comp in a LONG time!!

DixieScaler, Lappdogg, Jugg2Driver, nodnarb, and LCS y'all did an awesome job!! The event was very organized and laid back. The courses were awesome, and labeling the gate markers with letters and numbers made it easy to know where to go next. I just hope next time you guys get to compete and play instead of judging all day.

Is anybody going to post the complete results of each class?
Thanks Jason, we're glad people enjoyed the event and it was all the people who made the trip that made the event great. We'll plan on having another one next year, just not in July. And I'm sure we'll have some smaller gtg's in the meantime....

To answer your question, yes, I've got the results and will try to get the final results posted soon for each class.

Old 07-28-2009, 10:55 PM
midlifer

Here's the Final Results for the scale comp. I had incomplete individual course information for a few drivers due to letting some folks keep their score sheets and/or some sheets getting scattered as we cleaned up afterwards. Also, I withheld my score from the final standings due to being a host and also I had helped lay out and test 1.9 course #1.

Old 07-28-2009, 11:14 PM

lol to my defense on the cc-01, I managed to fall off a dang cliff face and from there I said to heck with it, lol.

Next time its on.