Go Back   Scale 4x4 R/C Forums > Scale 4x4 R/C Trux! > Scale 4x4 R/C's Top Builds
Make payments with PayPal - it's fast, free and secure!

Scale 4x4 R/C's Top Builds Some of our favorite builds!


Reply
 
Thread Tools Display Modes
  #181  
Old 04-14-2011, 09:35 AM
Micha Micha is offline
Wasting Time'r
 
Join Date: Dec 2009
Posts: 407
Member Number: 10264
B/S/T Feedback: (0)
Default

This is really an unbelievable build, and definitely for the top build section IMO! With the dents and all the details this body looks so real! And your effort to keep it as close to the original as possible is really remarking.

But the most stunning detail were the door handles.....

Makes me think about some more details on my build as well. Oh my, far from yours here....

Michael
__________________
non-native-english writer, so be patient with my writings....
Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links


The sponsored ad above is only displayed to guests. Creat an account today to remove this ad!
  #182  
Old 04-19-2011, 11:39 AM
MrMunster's Avatar
MrMunster MrMunster is offline
I have no special talent. I am only passionately curious.
 
Join Date: Aug 2010
Location: North Essex. UK
Posts: 1,501
Member Number: 12649
B/S/T Feedback: (0)
Default

Thanks Michael, it's comments like yours that keep me going on this project

Small (I know but it's all scratch built, what can I say ) update now....

Made the heater intake on the wing today


Fitted it (along with the grills behind the bulkhead vents)


And (just) painted it


Apologies for the blurry picture
__________________
It's not that I'm so smart, it's just that I stay with problems longer. (Albert Einstein)
Reply With Quote
  #183  
Old 04-19-2011, 02:29 PM
promod's Avatar
promod promod is offline
Canadian Hitech Redneck
 
Join Date: May 2006
Location: B.C/vancouver
Posts: 908
Member Number: 734
B/S/T Feedback: (0)
Default

wow that is a nice build!!
great job on the body!!
__________________
TOYOTA!Killing that Jeep thing ONE rock ONE trail ONE JEEP at a time!
Reply With Quote
  #184  
Old 04-20-2011, 07:10 AM
RCJEEPBUILDER's Avatar
RCJEEPBUILDER RCJEEPBUILDER is offline
I love my wife!!!!
 
Join Date: Mar 2007
Posts: 6,799
Member Number: 1672
B/S/T Feedback: (2)
Default

good work man! Now that the body is nearing the home stretch what is the plans for a chassis? Will you build your own? If so what material will you use? And what is the plan for tires and wheels?
__________________
5 ton of fun
Reply With Quote
  #185  
Old 04-20-2011, 07:37 AM
pardonmyn00b's Avatar
pardonmyn00b pardonmyn00b is offline
I ain't not a dorkus
 
Join Date: Jun 2009
Location: Amherst, OH
Posts: 5,741
Member Number: 8206
B/S/T Feedback: (31)
Default

Don't tell anyone, but I'm in love with Land Rover
Reply With Quote
  #186  
Old 04-20-2011, 12:00 PM
MrMunster's Avatar
MrMunster MrMunster is offline
I have no special talent. I am only passionately curious.
 
Join Date: Aug 2010
Location: North Essex. UK
Posts: 1,501
Member Number: 12649
B/S/T Feedback: (0)
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by promod View Post
wow that is a nice build!!
great job on the body!!
Why thank you

Quote:
Originally Posted by RCJEEPBUILDER View Post
good work man! Now that the body is nearing the home stretch what is the plans for a chassis? Will you build your own? If so what material will you use? And what is the plan for tires and wheels?
Cheers buddy Not sure I'm that close to the home stretch yet but I can tell you rest of the plan.....

A long LONG time ago........ When I first thought of building a "mini mine" (in the late '90s) I decided that I would only bother if I had Bruiser chassis as it was the only thing that came close to the 1:1. A while hunting around and I landed this



A complete, good condition, working Bruiser! So that is what's going underneath

As for Axles.... hmmm, could narrow the original, perfect working order ones....but this would mean not having original, perfect working order ones afterwards So I'm leaning towards a set of T-Rex 44 mini's at the moment.

Wheels are a no brainer really........ The 1:1 has 16" eight spoke steels so stamped steel 1.55's are the order of the day. Size wise, Mickey Thompson Baja MTZ's are the best match so when I have the money (and cash in my parents xmas prezie voucher for wheels and tyres ) I will be putting an order into RC4WD

I will be fabricating the front bumper and rear cross member out of steel at some point too.

Quote:
Originally Posted by pardonmyn00b View Post
Don't tell anyone, but I'm in love with Land Rover
Your secret is safe with me

Another small update. Made up some moulds for the flares today, these will be (as on the 1:1) plastic. probably polycarbonate actually


Usual method for these, cut up some MDF and sand them to shape! need to make a negative mould and then I can form them.
__________________
It's not that I'm so smart, it's just that I stay with problems longer. (Albert Einstein)
Reply With Quote
  #187  
Old 04-21-2011, 03:25 AM
padre's Avatar
padre padre is offline
SORRY FOR THE AUTOMATIC TRANSLATOR TERRIBLE!
 
Join Date: Mar 2011
Location: Zaragoza.España
Posts: 348
Member Number: 14781
B/S/T Feedback: (0)
Default

My friend (the translator crazy) and I finished reading this amazing subject.

"Impressed by the work of the larger pieces (great video, great lesson)

"impressed by the small pieces (although I can not believe, hinges!

"Impressed by Fidelity to 1 / 1 in the form and volume. It is difficult to know if 1 / 10 or 1 / 1.


"Horrified by the small the dents. It was his destiny.

"Sad to be sure I'll never have built something so great for me
Without doubt one of the best models I saw (possibly n1 º).
Continue to visit this great place to learn things. I'm anxious to see the mechanics, sure to be special.
Greetings from a LR addict.
Reply With Quote
  #188  
Old 04-21-2011, 06:44 AM
slither302's Avatar
slither302 slither302 is offline
Do you ever leave the board?
 
Join Date: Aug 2007
Location: maryland
Posts: 1,845
Member Number: 2185
B/S/T Feedback: (20)
Default

Stunning fab work...do I smell top builds or is that just the thompsons water sealer Really great work
Reply With Quote
  #189  
Old 04-21-2011, 08:07 AM
Landcruiser FJ40's Avatar
Landcruiser FJ40 Landcruiser FJ40 is offline
When In Doubt, Power Out
 
Join Date: Jan 2011
Location: South Australia
Posts: 1,078
Member Number: 14110
B/S/T Feedback: (0)
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Micha View Post
This is really an unbelievable build, and definitely for the top build section IMO! With the dents and all the details this body looks so real! And your effort to keep it as close to the original as possible is really remarking.

But the most stunning detail were the door handles.....

Makes me think about some more details on my build as well. Oh my, far from yours here....

Michael
I agree a top build for sure
__________________
Tamiya CR-01, Traxxas Slash 2WD, Losi XXX-SCB, Solid Axle Desert Truck/Prerunner, Losi Micro
Reply With Quote
  #190  
Old 04-27-2011, 11:14 AM
MrMunster's Avatar
MrMunster MrMunster is offline
I have no special talent. I am only passionately curious.
 
Join Date: Aug 2010
Location: North Essex. UK
Posts: 1,501
Member Number: 12649
B/S/T Feedback: (0)
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by padre View Post
My friend (the translator crazy) and I finished reading this amazing subject.

"Impressed by the work of the larger pieces (great video, great lesson)

"impressed by the small pieces (although I can not believe, hinges!

"Impressed by Fidelity to 1 / 1 in the form and volume. It is difficult to know if 1 / 10 or 1 / 1.


"Horrified by the small the dents. It was his destiny.

"Sad to be sure I'll never have built something so great for me
Without doubt one of the best models I saw (possibly n1 º).
Continue to visit this great place to learn things. I'm anxious to see the mechanics, sure to be special.
Greetings from a LR addict.
Thank you for your kind words, I'm glad you like it

Quote:
Originally Posted by slither302 View Post
Stunning fab work...do I smell top builds or is that just the thompsons water sealer Really great work
It must be the Thompsons water seal!! Thanks man

Quote:
Originally Posted by Landcruiser FJ40 View Post
I agree a top build for sure
You're too kind

Another bit of progress now, wheel arch flares

Made negative moulds from the formers


Got some thin black styrene sheet and (without the aid of any vacuum forming equipment) heat pressed the form


Did some trimming


And fitted


The comparison shot


All things considered, they came out quite well
__________________
It's not that I'm so smart, it's just that I stay with problems longer. (Albert Einstein)
Reply With Quote
  #191  
Old 04-27-2011, 01:07 PM
Stormin2u's Avatar
Stormin2u Stormin2u is offline
Incredible Taylors Falls
 
Join Date: Sep 2007
Location: Land of 10,000 Lakes
Posts: 532
Member Number: 2386
B/S/T Feedback: (0)
Default

Thats a very impressive project nice work.
__________________
~ 1968 "Trail Beater" 1.9 Scout 800 ~ Minnesota RC Rock Crawlers ~ Jerry's RC Truck Pulling ~
Reply With Quote
  #192  
Old 04-27-2011, 01:31 PM
The Stray Cat's Avatar
The Stray Cat The Stray Cat is offline
Everybody Needs Rock N Roll
 
Join Date: Oct 2008
Location: East Concord, NY
Posts: 11,260
Member Number: 4514
B/S/T Feedback: (45)
Default

Looks spot on to the 1:1! Excellent work


NICE TRUCK!
__________________
Reply With Quote
  #193  
Old 04-29-2011, 11:35 AM
Alle's Avatar
Alle Alle is offline
One of them bad spelling Swedish guys ;)
 
Join Date: Feb 2011
Location: Sweden
Posts: 178
Member Number: 14395
B/S/T Feedback: (0)
Lightbulb

Quote:
Originally Posted by MrMunster View Post
As for Axles.... hmmm, could narrow the original, perfect working order ones....but this would mean not having original, perfect working order ones afterwards So I'm leaning towards a set of T-Rex 44 mini's at the moment.
I think you should go with theese: http://store.rc4wd.com/Yota-Ultimate...nt_p_1429.html if they aren´t to wide, looks soooo much better than the T-Rex is my opinion.
Reply With Quote
  #194  
Old 04-29-2011, 12:43 PM
Lee Lee is offline
I never leave, but my wife did!
 
Join Date: Jan 2008
Posts: 2,770
Member Number: 2929
B/S/T Feedback: (1)
Default

love it... can i have it when its done?
is that an original rear bumper/cross member on the 1:1? looks squared?
Reply With Quote
  #195  
Old 04-29-2011, 04:52 PM
MrMunster's Avatar
MrMunster MrMunster is offline
I have no special talent. I am only passionately curious.
 
Join Date: Aug 2010
Location: North Essex. UK
Posts: 1,501
Member Number: 12649
B/S/T Feedback: (0)
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Stormin2u View Post
Thats a very impressive project nice work.
Quote:
Originally Posted by RockEd Out View Post
Looks spot on to the 1:1! Excellent work


NICE TRUCK!
Thanks guys

Quote:
Originally Posted by Alle View Post
I think you should go with theese: http://store.rc4wd.com/Yota-Ultimate...nt_p_1429.html if they aren´t to wide, looks soooo much better than the T-Rex is my opinion.
They are nice axles but I have a few issues to figure out yet. Firstly this build is 1/10th (as in actually 1/10th) and flare to flare is only 179mm wide making most axles way to wide, also I really need an open front diff as the Bruiser gearbox is split 2/4 wheel drive. Finally the 1:1 runs a Sailsbury rear axle which diff cover shape is closer to a T-Rex.

At the end of the day there is no off the shelf answer so not made a final decision yet If any one has any good ideas I'm all ears

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lee View Post
love it... can i have it when its done?
is that an original rear bumper/cross member on the 1:1? looks squared?
You can, if you give me a big huge massive pile of money

Yep that is the original rear cross member and yep it is square It's a military spec Land Rover!

And for them's that don't know, a military spec Land Rover is a very different beast to them there girlie civilian ones
__________________
It's not that I'm so smart, it's just that I stay with problems longer. (Albert Einstein)

Last edited by MrMunster : 04-29-2011 at 05:14 PM.
Reply With Quote


Reply


Thread Tools
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

vB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Forum Jump


All times are GMT -6. The time now is 02:00 AM.


Powered by vBulletin®
Copyright ©2000 - 2018, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
Copyright ©2004 - 2018, Scale 4x4 R/C