Go Back   Scale 4x4 R/C Forums > Scale 4x4 R/C Trux! > Agricultural and Industrial Equipment
Make payments with PayPal - it's fast, free and secure!

Agricultural and Industrial Equipment A place for your agricultural, industrial, and other heavy equipment builds!

Old 07-10-2010, 12:35 AM
JOE

Member Number: 1683
B/S/T Feedback: (0)

Don.

Those gears are pretty thin Ed, not much mass grabbing, probably chew up that gearbox in short order. The gears in the 4:1 are more than twice the width and smaller diameter.

How's the backyard coming together Dean?

I'm not going to support the garden anymore Paul, I have the info saved and may one day start a website to document the basement excavation project.
It's haying season now & so far the sun's been shining hot... just need four more days of dry. Thanx for the well wishes Paul, I hope life is treating you & family well these days too.

Yes I do RCTech9, I don't have any work for it right now.
Sponsored Links

The sponsored ad above is only displayed to guests. Creat an account today to remove this ad!
Old 07-10-2010, 01:41 AM
JOE

Don.

Those gears are pretty thin Ed, not much mass grabbing, probably chew up that gearbox in short order. The gears in the 4:1 are more than twice the width and smaller diameter.

How's the backyard coming together Dean?

I'm not going to support the garden anymore Paul, I have the info saved and may one day start a website to document the basement excavation project.
It's haying season now & so far the sun's been shining hot... just need four more days of dry. Thanx for the well wishes Paul, I hope life is treating you & family well these days too.

Yes I do RCTech9, I don't have any work for it right now.
Old 07-10-2010, 05:21 PM
Old Time'r

Member Number: 7833
B/S/T Feedback: (1)

http://www.rcmier.com/ENG/Default.aspx Joe this place has stainless steel crosses for your rear ends they might last longer I know you keep breaking them, They are Item number 01100455. Yes I would go with the heaver gear box to. Ed
Old 07-11-2010, 01:06 PM

Member Number: 7141
Thumbs up

Quote:
Originally Posted by JAMMER View Post
http://www.rcmier.com/ENG/Default.aspx Joe this place has stainless steel crosses for your rear ends they might last longer I know you keep breaking them, They are Item number 01100455. Yes I would go with the heaver gear box to. Ed
or their on ebay, seller name RC VINCENT and there cheaper than the aluminium one they had before!

Been following all the developments in the basement for years, a website with the whole story would be a huge hit!
Old 07-11-2010, 10:22 PM
JOE

Hey! good stuff Ed, thanx for the tip. I've just about depleted my inventory. It was the Doc Gear lockable axles that were hard on crosses, I've removed both from my white tractor and went back to stock... no more problems. I locked the rearmost axle by dropping a spider gear between the other two, the trk suffers a bit on turns, but still works pretty good.

All this time you spend looking for treats for others, how's your projects coming along Ed, don't see any postings from you?

And thank you Will, I'll look for them on ebay someday when I'm ready to order.

Don't hold your breath waiting on the www, I'm not that savvy with computers.
Old 07-12-2010, 08:03 AM
Old Time'r

Joe got product ordered from germany and am waiting on it. The tractor is on hold and the dozer and loader from Stahl got word today the model shop got the dozer and another 4 weeks for the loader. Yesterday went out to the garage to work on the pump for a while to hot for me. Did you get all your haying done, hope so? Well I'll let you go have a good day. Ed
Old 07-12-2010, 01:37 PM
JOE

So you'll be a busy bee this Fall Ed with all them models to put together. Any word on the delivery time for your excavator?

Too cool & humid this wkend to wrap up any bales, try again tonite to see what the moisture is... the cows kept me entertained this wkend with their shaningans anyway... I guess they felt I haven't been paying enough attention to them lately.

Playing trucker today, hauling out the last of my grain for the crop yr. I got this trk at an auction 3yrs ago, the owner said it was plumbed for a pup, I just needed to add a pintle. So I pick up this end dump pup for a bargain at a farm auction this Spring and this morning being my 1st load with it, the pup box won't lift with 2/3's load on it, I had to shovel half of it off before it went up. I find out that trk's pump is not correctly plumbed and I have to add a divider valve... yada yada yada... next week I'll have it working correctly. I have to cut the hitch on the pup too and lower it, not getting enough dump angle from the trk box to empty out. No shortage of good fun on the farm...

Old 07-12-2010, 02:16 PM
Old Time'r

Talking

Joe no delivery time on the excavator but heard today the dozer and the load will be shipped by the week of the 30 2010 I am keeping my fingers crossed. That R model looks like it's in good shape from the picture? I told Vario that I wanted to go to the show in Indy and would take it but I think I will go to St Louis if I do anything. That is coming all together ready to run. This pete and dump trailer is my biggest problem am waiting for the fab shop to bend the metal for the box tub and stainless outer skin it going to be a smooth side. I had the under frame of the box crossmember water jetted out for me and the tail gate frame and they will skin it with stainless. Then I have to take it and bolt it all together. I got pete air cleaners and straps for the fuel tanks from germany. It taking a long time to do it but I am a firm believer if it worth doing it worth doing it right or not doing it at all. Once again you have a good day and watch out for those cows. Ed

Last edited by JAMMER : 07-13-2010 at 03:30 PM.
Old 07-12-2010, 05:18 PM
Thinking Big

Member Number: 1490

nice looking setup joe! only a couple months and im back to having weekends off lol
Old 07-15-2010, 09:37 AM
JOE

Yeah, the R works very well, it's been a good buy... now just to get this pup to work with it and then someday repaint them both so they look good.

After you get your fleet operational Ed, what are your plans to put them to work? The crops this yr are way late!, but I hope to see you & others in St Louis this yr, it'd be great to see that Fumotech model in person.

Thanx Dean. ....couple more months? just in time for winter, eh?

All this wet weather this spring/summer, moving lots of dirt out of the crawl space. I just finnished cleaning up the lower area for a 2nd time.

The crusher has been getting a good work out.

Huge pile of "processed" earth to be screened, big lumps to be crushed again & then hauled out.

And the screener bin is presently full, more to be trucked out.

I strapped my camera on my excavator to show a different view of things. The viewing angle doesn't seem to be wide enough. What would be a better choice for mounting video equipment on models to give the feeling you're actually driving them?

Old 07-15-2010, 10:05 AM
Old Time'r

Member Number: 11889

Great totally awesome video. The newer Hoe sure sure travels around a lot.

Last edited by RCTech9 : 01-11-2011 at 08:09 PM.
Old 07-15-2010, 10:12 AM
Old Time'r

Talking

That video Joe looked good. They have a very little video camera that they use in models now but what you did looked very good. O YA the fleet. Well I almost got the hydraulic pump made. The dump trailer like I said is still being bent up and I am still waiting for parts for the tractor from Germany. I still have to build the hoist had to get a bigger jaw chuck for my lathe and it to hot and humid. TTM Funktion modellbau said Stahl will have the Komatsu to them by next week and they have the dozer so they should ship by the the 30 of July. The excavator is still being built I told them I'd go to Indy with it if it was done but don't rush it, not going there anyway. The tractor still working on the frame I have a Veroma 3 speed transmission and a 2 speed from Rick to put in it but crossmember are wrong so now I may have to start all over again because of the suspension I am going to run the Newway air ride I need to relocate the back two crossmember. Well jawed enough take care and watch out for those Cows. Ed

Last edited by JAMMER : 07-15-2010 at 06:29 PM.
Old 07-15-2010, 06:49 PM
Old Time'r

Thumbs up

Joe just saw those stainless differential gear star for $9.99 on GTD CNC site on Ebay item # 260619106149. Ed
Old 07-15-2010, 11:18 PM
Wasting Time'r

Member Number: 7405

Might be a little on the pricey side but you could look at helmet cameras. It is nice having a 168 degree wide angle lens.

http://www.epicstealthcam.com/HTML/epic_hd_kit.html
Old 07-16-2010, 12:38 AM
Faster you fool!

Member Number: 311
B/S/T Feedback: (3)

Joe, I don't know if you are in the market for a new camera, but Go Pro has a pretty sweet HD camera for a reasonable price. It's fairly small too. And you can get replacement parts for it, if you destroy it. They also have a non HD camera for less. I really would like to get one myself. For the money, compared to others out there, for personal use, this one seems nice.

http://www.goprocamera.com/products

Most all these POV (point of view) cameras have a really nice wide angle lense.