Go Back   Scale 4x4 R/C Forums > Scale 4x4 R/C Trux! > Agricultural and Industrial Equipment
Make payments with PayPal - it's fast, free and secure!

Agricultural and Industrial Equipment A place for your agricultural, industrial, and other heavy equipment builds!

Old 07-16-2010, 09:14 PM
"No load too small"

Member Number: 8761
B/S/T Feedback: (2)

Great on board vid Joe!

The sponsored ad above is only displayed to guests. Creat an account today to remove this ad!
Old 07-17-2010, 11:22 AM
mog

Member Number: 6158
B/S/T Feedback: (0)

wow that's a nice R you got there what you got under the hood on that thing every one is making hay like there is no tomrow. so far i only got one baller roler to fix lol.p i got my bobcat going last night now i just have to do a rebild on my mack. how do you like your scerw drive or should i stick with the hyds?
Old 07-18-2010, 02:47 PM
JOE

Member Number: 1683

RCTech9, it's almost painful to use either of the two old ones b/c the hyds are so slow moving, so yeah, this new one is my numero uno excav to use now.

Thanx for the suggestions Cross & Nathan, but I was after a tiny camera that I could fit inside the cab, behind the glass or maybe afix to the model easier than my current camera.

Marhund on youtube just shot a nifty vid with his camera inside the cab of his WA500 loader, looks pretty cool!

Thanx Scott. What camera was it that you were using within your models?

It's a 350hp, 10spd Martin. It zooms down the road quite nicely, a pleasure to drive. I'm just about done haying and no major repairs yet this yr. The screwdrive, I haven't really had the chance to use it much, the box needs a tailgate lock and Freddy is suppose to send me one that he has designed for these boxes. What bit I have used it it works quite well.

I made another video with the camera mounted to the dozer, the camera rocks & shakes a little bit, just like riding in a real dozer.

This is the first time I have ever grown flax, the purple flowers looks pretty cool on the landscape... the camera doesn't do it justice.

The yellow crop upper right is my brown mustard.

I sure wish it was June 18th instead of July 18th, some really nice crops in the country... hope for a very late Fall.
Old 07-18-2010, 05:59 PM
Faster you fool!

Member Number: 311
B/S/T Feedback: (3)

Joe, that is an impressive and beautiful piece of land you have there. Wow. Really digging the onboard videos too. Kind of adds a whole new twist on things. How much longer before you are sitting upstairs on the couch and running your equipment via onboard cameras and TV screens? You'll have to add a servo to swing the camera lense around for backing up and driving forward.
Old 07-19-2010, 04:32 AM
Hi my name is Kalle, im a scale addict.

Member Number: 2577

Quote:
Originally Posted by Shelby VNT View Post
Joe, that is an impressive and beautiful piece of land you have there. Wow. Really digging the onboard videos too. Kind of adds a whole new twist on things. How much longer before you are sitting upstairs on the couch and running your equipment via onboard cameras and TV screens? You'll have to add a servo to swing the camera lense around for backing up and driving forward.
Just like this, would be really cool if you can make it fit.

Joe, i really like your vids, and the new camera placement is awesome!

I have an Hitachi 470 on the way from Vario, should be here in a week or two, cant wait to start building it up!

You have given me a lot of inspiration with your vids, thanks!

//Kalle
Old 07-19-2010, 09:05 AM
Old Time'r

Member Number: 7833
B/S/T Feedback: (1)

Joe and Scott nice videos. Boy now not only do you have to build and run these models you have to be a Movie Producer to, were is it going to end. Joe how much land do you own? Ed
Old 07-19-2010, 01:12 PM
JOE

I'm getting too old for that elaborate of technology Nathan.

Kalle. Congratulations on the purchase, I look forward to seeing your build thread and videos of it working too. Ole must have drove off the face of the earth with his new trail bike, haven't seen much of him or his 870 in a while. Great video you presented, that's pretty nifty how the operator moves the camera around within the model, it must be wireless camera and he's watching it on a screen too?

No worries Ed, you'll catch on quick!
Old 07-19-2010, 02:13 PM
Hi my name is Kalle, im a scale addict.

Member Number: 2577

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lil Giants View Post
I'm getting too old for that elaborate of technology Nathan.

Kalle. Congratulations on the purchase, I look forward to seeing your build thread and videos of it working too. Ole must have drove off the face of the earth with his new trail bike, haven't seen much of him or his 870 in a while. Great video you presented, that's pretty nifty how the operator moves the camera around within the model, it must be wireless camera and he's watching it on a screen too?

No worries Ed, you'll catch on quick!
Thx Joe, im really looking forward to build it up, will start a build thread for you to see and i may need some help later on as this is my first hyudralic model.

Haha, yes i havent seen Ole much on here, i had contact with him thru pm:s a few weeks ago but nothing in a while. Maybe on vacation or something, he did say he didnt have much time to be on here right now though.

Yes that camera setup is really cool, actually its only a go pro camera mounted to a servo, steering it on a third chanel. Here is the build thread of the truck if you like to see..
http://www.rccrawler.com/forum/showt...ht=rubberbelly

Cheers
Kalle
Old 07-25-2010, 05:11 PM
JOE

That was a great read Kalle, though a bit more involved on the movie making tchniques than I care to be at the moment. Something to ponder on in the future.

It's been a tough week of golfing tournaments, good food & lots of beer... need a holiday from a holiday.

So I've been hiding out in the quarry the last two days hauling dirt, a couple dozen loads on the end dump trl I pull with the white GL.

After supper when it cools off before sun down, I'll make a movie with the WA500 and the Volvo adt hauling dirt to the top of the pile. I used the dozer yesterday to make the dirt ramp up the side of pile. The WA500 is loaded on the lowboy and the Volvo adt has a load of rocks to carry out. I'll start the upload of the vid at bedtime tonite, post it tomorrow.

The WA500 is a little too wide for the Bruder lowboy, it was a bit unnerving making that 1st steep corner, easy sailing from here on out.

Old 07-25-2010, 05:40 PM
Faster you fool!

Joe, I see the only good part of the Cat 740 found it's way onto the Stahl Volvo. I like that Stahl Komatsu. If you keep showing more videos and photos of that thing, I'm going to end buying one.
Old 07-25-2010, 11:59 PM
Thinking Big

Member Number: 1490

is it quite easier to haul the equipment out then to do it by hand? i imagine not light + steep stairs = fun lol
Old 07-26-2010, 02:02 PM
JOE

Yeah, that's only great feature on that model Nathan. From what I have been reading on the german forums, the excavator is another failed attempt by wdc.

You can buy with confidence, knowing the loader model has been tested daily for nearly two yrs now and has never gone back to the workbench for any repairs. I suck the used oil out of the reservior every month or so to put fresh stuff back in, but have never touch a wrench to it!

Less trips up the stairs Dean... though the Loader on the lowboy wouldn't fit through the window opening, so I had to unload inside, then go out. I parked both machines just inside the opening last night at dark, I'll bring them out again tonite to haul a little more dirt to the top of the pile. It was nice to be outside for change... atleast until those dayum skeeters found me.

Old 07-26-2010, 04:06 PM
Old Time'r

Thumbs up

joe I guess I'm going to have to find a mini power washer so you can get your operators once a week to wash the equipment. Liked the videos. Ed :bangheadhttp://www.scale4x4rc.org/forums/images/smilies/banghead.gif
Old 07-27-2010, 12:48 PM
Old Time'r

Joe just letting you know I found those spider crosses a little cheaper $ 6.50 US at RC Station stainless steel gear dif star # 01100455 . Ed
Old 07-28-2010, 01:00 AM
Faster you fool!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lil Giants View Post
Yeah, that's only great feature on that model Nathan. From what I have been reading on the german forums, the excavator is another failed attempt by wdc.

You can buy with confidence, knowing the loader model has been tested daily for nearly two yrs now and has never gone back to the workbench for any repairs. I suck the used oil out of the reservior every month or so to put fresh stuff back in, but have never touch a wrench to it!
Joe, of the Komatsu is good enough for you, then it will surely be bullet proof for me as well. Did you buy your's from Ric? I saw Stahl sells direct, and their price, excluding shipping is about $500 less. I have no idea what shipping from Germany would cost, and I'd definitetly need insurance on it too.

What German forums do you visit? I've been checking out modelltruck.net a bit. Google Translator. Boy, if we had a forum like that in english! What kind of problems have cropped up with the Wedico Cat excavator, and so soon?!