Go Back   Scale 4x4 R/C Forums > Scale 4x4 R/C Trux! > Agricultural and Industrial Equipment
Make payments with PayPal - it's fast, free and secure!

Agricultural and Industrial Equipment A place for your agricultural, industrial, and other heavy equipment builds!

Old 07-28-2010, 08:59 AM
http://www.youtube.com/user/marhund

Member Number: 9547
B/S/T Feedback: (0)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lil Giants View Post
Marhund on youtube just shot a nifty vid with his camera inside the cab of his WA500 loader, looks pretty cool!

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=EMJPK...ture=recentlik

This is the first time I have ever grown flax, the purple flowers looks pretty cool on the landscape... the camera doesn't do it justice.

I sure wish it was June 18th instead of July 18th, some really nice crops in the country... hope for a very late Fall.

Thanks Joe.. Hope to do some pics that show where I placed the. cam.
Personaly I think the best view was with the windscreen visible.. Wich was with the cam behind the cabin... My cam is also to big to put inside now that i got the interior.. but I'm considering to modefy the cam...
Its only a smal bit of the cam that is needed for the motion part. so i think of maybe splitting it and just extend the wires to the rest (and hide that..)

As I've consentrated on the Norwegian community most of my stuff is there.. But i'll try to create a thread for my models with the cam-mount as soon as its ready

And... Great farm you have there... Never seen that purple field before. ... Looks realy good..
Sponsored Links

The sponsored ad above is only displayed to guests. Creat an account today to remove this ad!
Old 07-28-2010, 11:07 PM
It can all be R/C...

Member Number: 10401

really like the driver view, nice one. I tried it with micro cams some time ago. the lipo got eaten so quickly though. your glass quality, and hyrailics are way way way better than my bruder excuse-conversion
Old 07-31-2010, 10:40 PM
JOE

Member Number: 1683

Pressured air works pretty good Ed,, though down there it creates an almost toxic cloud. I blow everything off occassionally. The dirt and grime make the models look more realistic, wouldn't say?

I bought my loader 2nd hand from a guy in Ireland who lost interest while building it. He contacted me on the garden and gave me a hell of a deal!

You'd be looking at around 200 euro for shipping a kit from Europe Nathan.

Here's one link that shows many flaws of the junk 345! I wonder how many will continue to buy from wdc after laying down big bucks for another piece of crap right out the box?!

http://www.modell-baustelle.de/index...&threadID=3362

Hello Martin Good to see you here. Thanx for the info on the camera. I look forward to seeing more of your projects here on Scale. I check in on your forum when I can, but not knowing the language and the translator only doing so much... it's hard to follow along with what you guys are doing.

Say, have you heard from Ole lately? Is he still above ground or did that new bike turn him into roadkill?

Fabulous video arrangement dozzablue, something to learn from for future videos.

Well, this is a 1st, I had to change out a Futaba S3107 servo tonite. That's the 1st one that has ever failed me.

Change out was simple: remove five screws on each side and lift the hood off to get to the hyd valve block.

The lift cyls are starting to leak, they might last till winter.

Old 08-01-2010, 05:16 PM
Old Time'r

Member Number: 7833
B/S/T Feedback: (1)

Joe when you cylinders go bad, leak do you rebuild them or do you get new ones, are they rebuildable? Ed
Old 08-01-2010, 06:01 PM
life's a trip ,enjoy it

Member Number: 10803

HMMM just as I thought JOE , ALL POT METAL I've become extremly weary of buying a wedico now

By the leaks looks like you got at least 3000 hrs on that loader

IHSteve
Old 08-01-2010, 11:03 PM
JOE

Member Number: 1683

Ed, I have been getting new replacements from Leimbach. I found out last winter I could send in the old ones to get refurbished... for a minor fee. I'd pay double if Leimbach would start making their cylinder barrels from steel instead of aluminum. Oil would stay cleaner longer and seals would last longer too!

I have managed to get these cyls apart without damage and Harald Stahl sent me seals March 09, but unfortunately they were the piston seals instead of the scraper rod seals, which is where the oil is coming out of the cyl.

It could be 300hrs Steve.

I'll never own another junk wdc again! I gave away the 966 loader and the 740 is in as nearly many pieces as when I got it.

Well today's excitement in the quarry was a flood of water in the same corner as last yr, but this time I was right there when the water started coming in. I caught as much as I could with a plastic gallon pail, then built up a dam to hold the rest of the water.

I went upstairs briefly to get a bigger pail and looked out the window, it was literally a wall of water out there, I could barely see my quoincent 75 yds away! :mama: Lasted about 10 -15minutes, approx 1.5 inches (38.1mm).

I laid down shingles over the mud, this area will be forever drying out!

Back to digging.

Old 08-02-2010, 09:20 AM
life's a trip ,enjoy it

good idea ( swamp mat )

I think I'll only get the limbach/stal machines just not sure if I want to go through the dealer here or straight from germany after what travis is putting up with I'm just not sure if it is the dealer or the supplier just dose not look good

IHSteve
Old 08-02-2010, 10:45 AM
Old Time'r

Joe it just a suggestion but why couldn't you sweet some stainless liner in the cylinders? That would solve a lot of your problems or once again have the insides of them chromed. Either one of these suggestions would eliminate allot of your problems if not all. Seals would last longer and oil stay cleaner. Once again nice pictures Joe. Ed

Last edited by JAMMER : 08-02-2010 at 03:55 PM.
Old 08-02-2010, 10:48 AM
Old Time'r

Steve at one time Stahl wouldn't sell to U.S. but now I understand he will. Ed
Old 08-02-2010, 01:07 PM
life's a trip ,enjoy it

Quote:
Originally Posted by JAMMER View Post
Steve at one time Stahl wouldn't sell to U.S. but now I understand he will. Ed
If he speaketh some english then I may have to be speaking to him I want to get the crawler loader from him . It seems to be the same shap as the dresser 200 the only rear engine loader by Dresser /IH/Hough

don't mean to hi jack joe

IHSteve
Old 08-02-2010, 03:53 PM
Old Time'r

Steve If I'm not mistaken there is someone there that speaks english I think I called them before it Leimbach that doesn't speak english. Ed
Old 08-02-2010, 04:43 PM
Just trying to keep up.

Member Number: 4430

From the emails I have had with Lars Stahl it is not speaking english as much as the translation from german to english.

Travis Biddle.
Old 08-02-2010, 05:01 PM
Old Time'r

VCS Hobbies in new york is selling Stahl and Vario equipment. Ed
Old 08-03-2010, 06:25 AM
Insert Clever Comment

Member Number: 9838

Amazing collection you have. I hope to someday just have one of those. Love all the videos please keep them coming.
Old 08-03-2010, 10:06 AM
Faster you fool!

Member Number: 311
B/S/T Feedback: (3)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lil Giants View Post
I bought my loader 2nd hand from a guy in Ireland who lost interest while building it. He contacted me on the garden and gave me a hell of a deal!

You'd be looking at around 200 euro for shipping a kit from Europe Nathan.

Here's one link that shows many flaws of the junk 345! I wonder how many will continue to buy from wdc after laying down big bucks for another piece of crap right out the box?!

http://www.modell-baustelle.de/index...&threadID=3362

Thanks for the link Joe. To bad about the breakage on the Cat 345D. I still actually like the machine, except for the bucket cylinder being to long, and not the proper mounting arrangement, as compared to the 1:1. Otherwise, it seems to perform pretty well in the various videos I have watched. I noticed on that forum link, one guy said he also broke the bucket in a similar fashion, but on his Damitz excavator? Perhaps it's an isolated case that can plague anyone? A cast part, with air bubbles in the mold, that can't escape, will make weak parts for sure. I guess as more of these models get sold, problems may pop up more often. Have to wait and see.

Sounds like the track drive is also giving people problems though. A rubber timing belt to drive the sprockets? I imagine it slips or the dirt gets inside. Hmmm.

Well, I'd rather have a Komatsu right now anyway.